PDA

View Full Version : [Group] SBF Suzuki Raider

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

lost_soul
06-11-2007, 09:24 AM
my raider's diaphragm also tore just 6mths of riding... replacement at guan hoe was a good $78 for that piece of damn rubber. and the old man at guan hoe didn't tell me its due to using high RON quality petrol...

but funny thing is after replacing i am still using RON98 and above and no such thing happen liao.

frankly speaking, raider at stock standard is more than enough to kick all other bikes of its class's arse. the power is very raw too. IMHO, too much modification of the raider will led to frequent visits to the workshop.

speaking of which, i do miss my raider. which is my v first bike since i got my lic. :lol:

jahatz
06-11-2007, 02:54 PM
gotta agree with u lost_soul..too much mod can lead to empty pockets..hahaha.. had a taste of it myself. but after all the trial and error my bike is all good. only thing to change now is the front sprocket to size 14, change my acessories to the one i have ordered, colour my bike black and hey presto!! its done..anyway just to update u guys..my bike current tops is 159km/hr. take care

MisledSoulRider
06-11-2007, 11:14 PM
Okay looks lik we all suffered the same problm about the diaphragm...
on more thing... i need help... do you guys where i can find the stering cone bearing for raider?

i went up to KL a few months back and i guess the road did a nasty job on my steering... i've been asking around and all the shops that i've ben to say that they dont have it... even at rowell rd, b plus, also whn i called up guan hoe... sigh.. if you guys know of anywhere i can replace my bearings please please please let me know...

oh yeah... im placing an order for suzuki aftermarket parts from thailand thru a friend of mine in jb... so anyone wants to join in do let me know aight???

How about we meet up this friday/saturday/sunday at seletar dam? long time never been there... that's if you guys want to...

hey jahatz... go n get your horns working... dangerous without it you know... you can actually get a switch for you electric starter... im using fast throttke too so i added another switch for my electric starter... my horn switch still on the left side and yeah no need to pull clutch... hehehe...

im using fiamm electric horns... some people say too loud but i say better cos most taxi drivers that i horned using stock ones simply couldnt hear it... aftr i changed to fiamm ones, there were less cases of other motorists failing to see me...

ok... gotta go... take care... dun take drugs...

lost_soul
07-11-2007, 04:26 AM
MisledSoulRider: i changed my steering cone bearing twice at JB's AGL. no complains. RM70 can try there...

jahatz: 159km/h is madness. :lol: as our speedo is measured from our front sprocket, any changes to either the rear or front sprocket will result in an inaccurate reading.

145km/h is the fastest i tried on my raider, everything stock including tyres. the moment i changed my sprocket, the readings gone hay-wired.

i ever tried side by side with a car at 120km/h. and the readings are +(-) 3 - 5km/h error. with a spark135, my meter only 65km/h and the spark is already 80km/h. so i suggest sticking to stock sprocket to get the most accurate reading of the speedo.

if you wan power, i suggest using a bigger header with stock pipe... and of course, try using back the stock profile tires... u will be surprised. :D

lastly ride safe! rainy season...

jahatz
07-11-2007, 06:56 AM
Misledsoulrider- yup gonna get my horn fixed soon,thanx for the concern. as i say my bike is really cocked up nw..btw u can try changing ur steering cone at where lost_soul recommended. i have one place in mind but i wont recommend it coz lots of bikers hate that shop. :) hmmm... i wanna meet up too but currently not now coz as i say bike cocked up.paiseh leh. my bike will be ready in 2 days maybe when im free we can meet up then.

lost_soul- yup i know that the reading is inaccurate, maybe the actual is more or actual is less but one thing i can tell u is without any aerodynamics 159km/hr really cause my bike 2 shake like all hell break loose.hahaha.. btw i wont be going back to the stock tires coz got bad memories with it, self skidded at cte extreme right lane at a weekday evening when the traffic is heavy. frnt car jams brake and i had to do an e brake everything was fine till the very last moment nearing the car my front tire skids and whole bike just went down wif me skidded for abt 5-6 meters near the erp gantry..face nearly kiss the car bumper but luckily the driver drove of in time.. tot my fundamental of e brake is wrong but second time i was riding at 60km/hr and brake to slow down to corner the rear tire just skids, luckily i manage to get the bike under control again..hehehe. but thanks for the pointer and by the way u explain it ur sure to be great wif bikes. hope to meet u and ur wave soon

lost_soul
07-11-2007, 09:59 AM
IRC suxs man... 2nd week of riding i kissed the tarmac coz i brake a bit too hard on rear. damn.

i mean stock tire profile but using better brands like michelin's pilot sporty, bridgestone's battalax and dunlop's tt900... normally most ppl will recommend front and rear 90/80 for cornering. i used that before and realised that the front tire hits the mudguard easily. so i changed to front 80/80 rear 90/80. but FC increased and pick-up suffered. so i thought of using stock profile or front 70/90 rear 80/90, but soft compound tires. this make the bike light. but no more cornering. (actually crap lah... i also got corner with stock tires... maybe is how low you wan it to be. KFC riders also corner with the waves' stock tires. is got balls a not. :lol:)

one thing gotta be careful is the bike is light. ard 95 - 100kg. try stopping or braking at high speed is crazy. no matter how good your tires are also no use one...

and i am riding an auto now... :cool:

lost_soul
07-11-2007, 10:08 AM
okie.. i tried reducing my front sprocket by one teeth. (rear still stock 43) pick up is excellent. i am practically flying from one traffic light to another. but on the highway, the engine screams and feels v pushy at ard 80km/h... vibration very high and the chain sags very fast.

then i use back stock front and reduced my rear from 43 to 39. very smooth riding, but the rpm drops too easily and the bike easily dies off at low gears. sometimes clutch in while crossing hump the bike's engine killed off. and of course v high FC due to high rev coz the bike accelerates suffers a great deal.

regarding the speedo thing. if your sprocket is for acceleration (pick up) your speedo reading will be higher than your true speed. if is for long distance (top-end) your speedo reading will lower than your true speed. errors can go up to +(-) 15km/h.

not to mention, i love the bike's response at the 5th gear. in fact, acceleration from 40km/h to 100km/h on the 5th gear is what makes this bike exciting. the 6th gear is more for cruising. i am quite a "pick-up" person. so most of the time i only ride at 80 - 90km/h on the roads. depending on mood also. :lol:

all these are based on my own experience. like you guys, i spent more than 2k on that bike not including servicing (which i do monthly or every 2000km), petrol and installments... come to think of it, after so much money spent, in the end i used back stock for everything, coz stock is the best. except the horns. yeah. :lol:

MisledSoulRider
07-11-2007, 06:12 PM
AGL... AGL... at JB???
can someone give me the address or direction or landmark as to where this bike shop is??? i really need to change it... my steering is killing me...

fun fact about the raider's sprockets...

F14 R42 top speed 145
F14 R40 top speed 130
F13 R40 top speed 149 but lacks a bit of accelaration as compared to
the first combination
F13 R40 top speed 151

oh yeah, im using o-ring chains for my raider and guess what... its been 3 monthsnow and the tension is still there... i havent even tightened it at all... of course you might need to cough up a lil bit more money...

all this is measured with an R1 beside... depends on what u want actually whether u want high end or pick up... for me singapore roads is enough to use for pick up... cos too many traffic lights...

oh yeah and if you do change cdi and header... it will easily add another 2Hp to it...

for mod crazy people... u might want to change to high-cam and big bore kit... this you can get at yuh loong motors at defu... but dont know how much will cost and also you will need to rest your bike there for a few weeks maybe a month...

psst... seletar dam this friday or saturday evening??? do let me know ya???

before i forgot... happy deepavali holidays everyone!!!

MisledSoulRider
07-11-2007, 06:14 PM
AGL address someone??? please please???

lost_soul
07-11-2007, 06:16 PM
change the gearing system, gotta import it from Philippines...

thrasher
08-11-2007, 06:46 PM
AGL is AH GUA LANE. its a whole lane at johor.

MisledSoulRider
09-11-2007, 12:57 AM
i know ah gua lane but which shop? there are around 20+ shop\s there...

lost_soul
09-11-2007, 01:11 AM
well... i changed mine at hou heng, ah boy before. or can try the 4th store from the entrance....

jahatz
09-11-2007, 06:31 AM
only riders who ride raider b4 knows the feelings.. the power is unexplainable and yes the 4th and 5th gear is the part where u can really feel the bike fly.
btw i sprayed my bike black liao, plus change front sprocket to 13 rear maintain 43 and i love how the bike juz move off..smoooooth....btw thanks for the fun facts misledsoulrider..and thanks for the explaination lost_soul. too bad the president no longer active in the forum if not surely he can share a few pointers.

btw maybe im going to the upcoming race in the weekends and if any raiders going there maybe can meet up..long time never show off my yoshi pipe but then again.....500 bucks...better go use to mod my bike then give govt..hahaha

lost_soul
10-11-2007, 03:41 AM
too bad the president no longer active in the forum if not surely he can share a few pointers.

if u dunno... i am BluE_StreaK... i changed my nick. :lol:

and no, i am not the president, dun listen to what the rest crapped. i am just more active in this forum in the past as compared to you guys and seriously that doesn't make me the president of the raider community. and also sadly i am not riding my beloved raider anymore.

if u scroll a few pages up.. page 9 i think, u shd see my ex-bike. its the totally white raider with gold rims and red calipers. quite miss that bike actually. :cry:

its basically a stock bike with lots of cosmetic mods. haha... i sprayed the bike white cause its really too slim and sleek. and no offence, its small enough, black will make it looks even smaller. and to be safe, at least wear a bright helmet.

and is there any race? i would like to see the raider in action. the last race for cubs is ard april 2006 when it is still open to all makes and class.

ride safe!

jahatz
10-11-2007, 06:05 AM
haha..ok now i know..btw nice bike. wondering if theres any new owner to that bike. no wonder the way u talk abt bikes is the same. hehehe.
yah thanks for the advise and no offence taken. i wear a bright red helmet so i think its no prob..

yah i recalled the burning raider during that race. aprilia front forks rite!! he spent thousands modding that bike according to my fren the mechanic. now since the race is only for yamaha sadly no one understood the power tis small machine offer.

lost_soul
10-11-2007, 03:20 PM
i think its an upside down fork, big bore kit, yoshi pipe with extra big header, rear tire is 110/90!

i saw it at ace motoring when i was doing my bike there... really awesome. too bad it skidded and caught fire.

jahatz
11-11-2007, 05:09 AM
well,im sure if there is a race open to all makes and model surely there will be alot more mod up raider..but too bad.

MisledSoulRider
30-11-2007, 12:42 AM
YO! Where is every1?
I think it is time for Raiders to meet up yeah?

jahatz... how's ur bike? ok already?

Weekend drawing near... lets meet up!!!

jahatz
01-12-2007, 05:47 AM
hey misledsoulrider!!
im still here,just been bz lately with work.. my bike is all black liao and in perfect condition except for the ticking sound is back..damn!! i've change that tensioner two time already yet it only last for a mth only..sian ah.. any body here knows how to make that damn thing stop ticking and last??? irritates me just like wat my sonic did to me..

im fine for u meet up..anybody else here tat is alive to meet?hahahaha
sad lah raider community so low..but as the saying goes..........We're a rare breed!! lets make the meet up sumwhere intresting..like town area or any kopitiamz coz im a rather shy guy lah..scared it;ll be a boring meet up...anyway the stuff i ordered frm jakarta not here yet due to my financial prob last mth so i just send the money two days back.. hopefully they receive it and send the stuff a.s.a.p.. cant wait to project my bike again..

lost_soul
01-12-2007, 10:49 AM
hey misledsoulrider!!
im still here,just been bz lately with work.. my bike is all black liao and in perfect condition except for the ticking sound is back..damn!! i've change that tensioner two time already yet it only last for a mth only..sian ah.. any body here knows how to make that damn thing stop ticking and last??? irritates me just like wat my sonic did to me..

the ticking sound might not be from your tensioner. check your valve seal. might be the problem from there. change it and your bike will be like new. :thumb:

jahatz
01-12-2007, 05:03 PM
THANKS ALOT!!! will check it out.....

MisledSoulRider
01-12-2007, 07:52 PM
Lets meet up!!! Today or tomorrow? Anyday is fine with me... its the school holidays and i dont have to teach! Muahaahaahahaaa... HEre's my contact number... just sms me if you feel like meeting up...

lost_soul
01-12-2007, 10:02 PM
u are a teacher? cool!!

MisledSoulRider
02-12-2007, 12:56 PM
Yeah, im not a teacher teacher though... i teach music as enrichment programme and also as part of their music syllabus...

Raiders! Still looking forward to that meet-up...

Up to date, saw 5 different raiders on the road...

1 belonging to jahatz... while it was still green black
2 FZplate with Givi 35box
3 FBA plate with stainless steel header
4 FZ plate with red lining on rims
5 FBA plate with Givi 33e box.

out of the above only numbers 1, 2 and 3 were riden by young adults... the others were senior citizens.

SMS me on the outing/meetup k?

lost_soul
02-12-2007, 04:34 PM
the FZ plate with 35L box is a white colour raider right? :D

although i am not a raider owner anymore, but i am keen to share my knowledge on it and part of me is still quite attached to raiders. wanna see wad you guys have done to this fantastic machine. haha... so i won't mind meeting u guys too.

MisledSoulRider
02-12-2007, 08:07 PM
nope... it is original colour... riden by a guy from RSM. hehehe shant's say names... this things sensitive leh... hehehehe

what bike you riding now?

oh yeah... im ordering stuff from phillipines. someoriginal stuff which you cant find from sg and also upgrades for the raider... yet to know the price yet... will post in here once i have the details eh?

p.s. letsplan for e meet up... maybe town where we can show off our lil' mean machines... hehehe
any suggestions?

MisledSoulRider
05-12-2007, 11:27 PM
ok just to update the items that i am purchasing...

1. clutch cable
2. throttle cable
3. choke cable
4. Main jet
5. Pilot jet
6. Holder jet
7. Diaphragm
8. Carb slider
9. Steering cone bearings
10. Sprockets f n r
11. Clutch lever housing

Heeheehee... all these from philippines, and the items only cost $212.00
before shipping/handling...

thought of ordering from indonesia but they don't have all the items that i needed, so decided to order all from suzuki plant in philippines...

hmmm, still waiting for the meetup session.

jahatz
06-12-2007, 04:13 PM
wah...blanja sakan nampak... hahaha.. hey, why do u still need the diaphragm since uve already change the carb? btw can u check for me how much is the cost for fender eliminator at philippines? jakarta dun have lah..

later when im free from all duties i will meet up with u..nvmind two people oso can..i can bring my fren oso coz he also riding raider. if got many already when the timing is rite we can drag race for fun at dam.. confirm fun wan. but nowdays alot of hidden camera there so watch out. its usually hidden at the trailer parking side. seen its many times already. got two couple sitting there snapping picture with a remote device..

jahatz
06-12-2007, 04:14 PM
plus we can meet up with lost_soul oso... can? can? can?

lost_soul
06-12-2007, 04:26 PM
nope... it is original colour... riden by a guy from RSM. hehehe shant's say names... this things sensitive leh... hehehehe

what bike you riding now?

oh yeah... im ordering stuff from phillipines. someoriginal stuff which you cant find from sg and also upgrades for the raider... yet to know the price yet... will post in here once i have the details eh?

p.s. letsplan for e meet up... maybe town where we can show off our lil' mean machines... hehehe
any suggestions?

i am riding an auto scooter now. something that i always wanted since my 2B days.

plus we can meet up with lost_soul oso... can? can? can?

i am ok with a simple cup of coffee. and feasting my eyes on your lil' mean machines. :cheeky:

Jason86
06-12-2007, 10:48 PM
hey guys. Me too riding a raider. But mine very stock. Nv modified at all. If u guys are arranging a meet up session sms me at 81252425. I'm mostly in camp but able to book out at nite. Hope to hear from u guys soon =)

jahatz
07-12-2007, 02:17 AM
no prob jason86...........will sms u if theres any session..

hey misledsoulrider.... was it u at yio chu kang rd coffee shop?? saw one raider with blue led too..

MisledSoulRider
07-12-2007, 02:54 AM
yup yup... it was me... u were the one with ur friend ridign s4 and k7 is it?

hehehe small world... ok looks like we are going to meet up after all... how abt tis saturday?

meet at far east shopping centre fountain lets say 8pm... then we can plan where to have coffee or something...

jahatz... sure i will ask abt the fender eliminator...
i wanna change back to original carb lah... using current one yes power n pick very nice but then again fuel consumption is also power... hahaha some more petrol price in sgp rises like our temper... sometime no rise sumtime very high... hahahahaha...

lost_soul wanna join us?

msg me if you gys are up for it ok???

lsbtony
08-12-2007, 10:28 AM
Hi,

I notice that are not many suzuki raider around, giving the more powerful enging ( 150 cc), bigger fuel tank, comparing with other cubs, wonder why there are so few on the road, i am considering to get one, any idea?

mr hat
08-12-2007, 10:36 AM
yah. i oso noticed dat.... is it becoz of the outlook? or availability of aftermarket parts?

lsbtony
08-12-2007, 10:42 AM
yah. i oso noticed dat.... is it becoz of the outlook? or availability of aftermarket parts?

maybe you are right? could be spare parts problem, but i think that is a good bike.

khaitronic
08-12-2007, 10:54 AM
Because it is Suzuki...not honda not yamaha...
i think this bike will have the same fate as my current bike now in the future...the RG150...heh...
Good bike,better than it competitor...but not in demand...

Replay
08-12-2007, 12:32 PM
ya i seldom see raider on the road.. how big is that tank anyways?

MisledSoulRider
08-12-2007, 08:54 PM
the bike is great... power and response very very good...
tank is a bit larger than wave... 4.8L... mileage is 160 180km full tank depening on how u ride...

however, parts are a lil bit tricky to find... you need your sources...

this is the mst sought after cub(underbone) category in phillipine, thailand and indonesia...

Singapore Raider R 150
Thailand Raider 125, 150 n R150
Phillipine same as above
Indonesia it is called Susuki Satria R.

Hehehe... true not many in Sg... Rare bike indeed but like what khaitronic says... better than its competitors not in demand and also spare parts...

haha... as for me... im loyal to my Raider...

though would be better if in future comes out a newer model with larger fuel tank...

MisledSoulRider
08-12-2007, 08:57 PM
Raider outing coming saturday, 15th december 07.

Anyone up for it? Open to suggestion from all Raiders/ex-Raiders/anybody...

Fill in your name below yeah:

!. MisledSoulRider 81912019

hope to get good response...

MisledSoulRider
14-12-2007, 08:24 PM
hey peeps! whats up?
hope ur raiders r ok in tis rainy season yah?

anyway, jahatz... haha saw u again eh...

nak tegur tapi tak tau nama... takkan nak panggil jahatz...

k my name is yan aka M

still waiting for peeps to go for outing... sms me!!!

pakutekan
14-12-2007, 10:23 PM
can i know.. where can i get raider's meter?? and the price??
or anyone see shop sell it.especially at jb.. tq..

mr hat
15-12-2007, 09:26 AM
Because it is Suzuki...not honda not yamaha...

i totally understand wat u r saying. i'm riding a kawa bike, even worse :sian:

anyways, when i went bangkok, i saw alot of raiders n personally i've been to the suzuki headquarters in bangkok. realli cheap sia the things, whole pillion footrest set was only $19.... good quality too. which is y when my bro asked me if raider is a good bike to buy, i gave him the green light. in future when i go bangkok for holiday, i can shop for my bike parts as well as his.

d3an_cain
21-12-2007, 07:08 PM
where 2 get raider headlight?? any 1???? PM me pls

pakutekan
23-12-2007, 10:07 PM
no one answer my question.. where i can get raider's meter??

lost_soul
24-12-2007, 01:33 AM
because no one knows. try asking guan hoe lor.

Replay
25-12-2007, 03:25 PM
Merry Christmas fellow riders!! :angel:

julzdr4
28-12-2007, 05:57 PM
Elo!Merry Christmas my fellow Raider riders!
i've an aftermarket pipe(header) goin for $100.for raider only.
improves acceleration, smoother ride.same fc.
lemme know if interested.

ZoRoM
31-12-2007, 02:52 PM
To All Riders out there, Happy New Year - 2008.

Best wishes true out the year.

Ride Safe.

Regards,
ZoRoM

khaitronic
29-01-2008, 10:03 PM
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f142/alongsupertech/speedometer.gif
new type of raider?Satria 150
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f142/alongsupertech/SuzikuHyperUnderbone1.jpg

lightspeed
09-02-2008, 12:25 AM
need advice from fellow raider's, when I'm on top gear, my RPM cannot exceed 8K altough full throttle. before that no problem(Dec 07), then last mth, sometimes can sometimes cannot, now totally cannot. but 2nd last gear no problem. any sign of parts problem? Thanks.

MisledSoulRider
09-02-2008, 08:48 AM
Hey lightspeed

might be one of these reasons

1. if u changed to a smaller sized sprocket for your rear then the rpm might drop when in top gear...

2. over-use of bike... suzuki engines can't last long... if u forgot to sevice (change oil, spark plug, filter) then the bike might be what some would say "heavy" i change my engine oil and spark plug every month or 2500km. Oil filter every 5000km. Just to be very safe that is...

3. When you say cannot go past 8k rpm, what is your speed? it should be at ard 75 to 95km/h depends on your seeting... if it is lower than this than it might be your carb diaphragm... it could be torn, go n have it replaced...

anyways, happe chinese new year to all in here...

lightspeed, sms me ya then maybe we can have a raider kopi session...

81912019 yandi. hope to hear from you soon!!!!!

MisledSoulRider
09-02-2008, 01:19 PM
Kota Tinggi Trip Sunday 10 February 2008.

Anyone interested pls sms me at 81912019.

Currently on 3 bikes going.

lightspeed
09-02-2008, 10:38 PM
1. Nothing change on sprocket setting.
2. Engine oil change 2.5 to 3k, oil filter alternate change. Spark plug just change in dec, not every mth. maybe try to change the plug next week.
3. 8k top gear, ard 100kph i think. not the speed issue, i can feel and hear the sound a bit funny/abnormal, like no power.

gonna miss the trip, still in malaysia. only back 11 feb. have a good journey and take care.

Hey lightspeed

might be one of these reasons

1. if u changed to a smaller sized sprocket for your rear then the rpm might drop when in top gear...

2. over-use of bike... suzuki engines can't last long... if u forgot to sevice (change oil, spark plug, filter) then the bike might be what some would say "heavy" i change my engine oil and spark plug every month or 2500km. Oil filter every 5000km. Just to be very safe that is...

3. When you say cannot go past 8k rpm, what is your speed? it should be at ard 75 to 95km/h depends on your seeting... if it is lower than this than it might be your carb diaphragm... it could be torn, go n have it replaced...

anyways, happe chinese new year to all in here...

lightspeed, sms me ya then maybe we can have a raider kopi session...

81912019 yandi. hope to hear from you soon!!!!!

MisledSoulRider
10-02-2008, 02:24 AM
hey lightspeed,

i suggest you should go and have your raider inspected...

if your bike is what you have said it is then it might be another problem which i have yet to discover...

try sending it to teo spray peinting at defu lane... they bring in lots of raiders but not the parts... or you might send it to guan hoe cheong at serangoon road, they bring in the parts and also have the specs for raider...

this week kota tinggi, next week is desaru... confirmed. will update you guys again... have fun and ride safe!!!

MisledSoulRider
12-02-2008, 01:37 PM
Hey peeps!!!

Just to update. Kota Tinggi trip was fun and nice. Short. took less than 45 minutes to get there from JB Checkpoint. Coming up next is Desaru...

Sunday, 17 February 2008.
Embarkation time at 0730hrs for breakfast at JB. Moving off at 0830hrs to Desaru.
ETA @ Desaru 1030hrs
R&R till 1430hrs
Moving off to a shopping mall somewhere in JB for shopping
or
To Motorbike workshop for maintenance/servicing at Susur 4 Jln Tun Abdul Razak (Ah Gua Lane)
Event is for s test ride for long distance riding for small bikes but hey any bike can also come too... Just for fun and to relax...

So anyone wants to come please do leave your name and contact number below (add on if necessary):

1. misledsoulrider (yandi) 81912019 + 3 bike friends not in SBF.

totoro78
12-02-2008, 09:11 PM
Hi guys,

I'm new to raider, bought it 2nd hand FBA plate. May i know what's the standard sproket size? Is it the best place to get bike parts from Guan Hoe?

My average fuel consumption is 40km/L 100% city riding. How about you guys?

Thanks

MisledSoulRider
14-02-2008, 10:40 AM
hey totoro,

yup true u can get parts at guan hoe at serangoon but they have limited availabiity in store so u must enquire with them first... if they do not have in store then they will suggest even i suggest you place an order and then wait a month cos frankly, not many other places in singapore carry parts for susuki raider... u might want to try bplus accessorries at lavender also but they finish the parts quite fast.

Standard sprocket size is front 14 rear 42. good enough
but if you want more, change to front 13 rear 43. take note, if you change to a lesser teeth for rear sprocket, your top gear will be heavy, rpm will drop.

40km/l? thats good already. So i guess u would surely travel ard 180 - 220 km before a need to top up yeah? mine can only get 140 to 160 km on a full tank cos i did some modifications to it. (carb)

welcome to the rare breed of bikers riding a rare bike. do sms me you hp number as i m trying to get a list of all raider riders in singapore...

my number is 81912019. name is yandi. cheers!

MisledSoulRider
14-02-2008, 10:41 AM
oh yeah lightspeed, can sms me your number? i thinking of organising an outing for raiders... my number is 81912019

totoro78
16-02-2008, 10:18 PM
Thanks for the info man! Previous owner don't really remember the standard sporket size. Actually my currrent bike in Malaysia is Suzuki Shogun 125 and i love that bike a lot, good quality bike and engine, until now no regret getting a Suzuki. That's why when i was posted here in SG i still looking for a Suzuki cub. My one and only complaint so far is the power band compare to my Sohgun was like my Raider's pickup was "lazy" and need to rev it high for that power but top end was super good. My Shogun pull from 0-120km/h easily but run out of breath around 125km/h. That's why i suspect my sporket size might not the standard size.

I'm kinda Suzuki fan here, my first new bike was RG110 until it get stolen. So far it was the best bike i ever own. I think it is not available in SG rite.

Enjoy your ride guys.

MisledSoulRider
01-03-2008, 10:44 AM
Hey Raiders! How about we meet up today or tomorrow night for a kopi session and talk **** or just chill out? Cant wait to see your rides. Hehehe just sms me at 81912019. Im always ready to go for an outing...

jekrenz
18-04-2008, 11:44 PM
looking for suzuki raider, any riders who want to sell their raider plz sms me @82435484

crizcruz
01-05-2008, 02:11 AM
hi guys,

any one can help me plizz?

i'm looking for suzuki raider racing part
like CDI, carb 28mm,etc...

where i can buy all dat stuff?

thanks b4

barefoot
07-05-2008, 01:51 AM
wa lao, stepped into this thread accidentally, now totally in love with this zz oh man, was planning to get new cbf150 or used daystar, but i see this . . really drool. booking my tp this coming saturday, i think this bike is by far the most beautiful bike man . . for me (one man's meat is another's poison) oh mean haha

anyway how come v power will spoil the carb (sorry, dont really know alot on bikes =( )

edited:

eh normal cubs gear are opp one ar? 5-4-3-2-n-1? wa i didnt know that . . .

then suzuki raider is opp or follow normal one? sonic is normal one right?

jahatz
29-05-2008, 05:15 PM
Suzuki is normal, 1 down neutral 2up 3up 4up 5up 6up.... sorry for the long disappearance..

MisledSoulRider
09-06-2008, 02:32 PM
hey jahatz... long time no see...
how u doing? must be modifying ur raider right till no time to surf net... heeheee anyway, im looking for stainless steel header for my raider... u know where i can get one or anyone selling off?

jemster
10-06-2008, 12:20 AM
just got my raider 3 days back 24k mileage FZ plate from dirt wheel, great machine, tried top 137, but yet to check sprocket ratios. looking to add on some goodies soon like rear sets, aftermarket exhaust and maybe carbs. good to see the forum active again, read most of your posts before i committed to buying my bike, it was most helpful. hope to see you guys around some time. btw anyone keen to mess around on the Tuas Circuit?

cicak
11-06-2008, 02:51 PM
hey guys... i got a raider FBA plate.. got it Jan 2007... but sianz, license revoked 24mths... all the way till Feb 2010. if not, can go riding with u guys lei

ZoRoM
11-06-2008, 04:23 PM
hey guys... i got a raider FBA plate.. got it Jan 2007... but sianz, license revoked 24mths... all the way till Feb 2010. if not, can go riding with u guys lei

Bro, MIA so long.

Why revoked ??? Speeding!

solo
12-06-2008, 10:19 PM
Hi guys,
if i want to buy a new raider, where can i get it and how much does it cost?
tia.

jemster
13-06-2008, 12:42 AM
bro give me a call 98457452.

cicak
14-06-2008, 04:36 PM
Bro, MIA so long.

Why revoked ??? Speeding!

not speeding lei.. coz of the accident, suspend at first. den i bo chap still go n ride, skali kena caught.. revoked 2yrs liao..

eh, u moderator liao?? long time never hear from u sia

crizcruz
29-06-2008, 02:37 AM
hey jahatz... long time no see...
how u doing? must be modifying ur raider right till no time to surf net... heeheee anyway, im looking for stainless steel header for my raider... u know where i can get one or anyone selling off?

from thai bro... DBS exhaust :thumb: :thumb: (better than endurance)
carb change KEIHIN PWK28mm
CDI= sindengen E7 / A.P.I (no limiter)
coil= YAMAHA YZ125

believed me...130km/h is tooo easy, top speed 170km/h :cheeky:

kkkxxx
29-06-2008, 08:02 AM
Hi, anybody here knows the price of a Raider OEM oil cooler?

solo
09-07-2008, 11:57 AM
just paid deposit for a "new" raider. collecting on friday. :cheer:

if want to change carb, change to wat brand and model? any recommended workshop? just want to get rid of the diaphram problem. not looking for power increase or anything. hopefully fuel consumption wun increase.

jemster
18-07-2008, 01:16 AM

if want to change carb, change to wat brand and model? any recommended workshop? just want to get rid of the diaphram problem. not looking for power increase or anything. hopefully fuel consumption wun increase.

suggest you look thru previous posts, lots of info on this topic.

SP carb (Keihin PE 28) you'll also need to change your throttle assembly including cable, jettings and needle, suggest you look for an experienced mech to set the tuning for you. If you don't want fuel increase, suggest you use the original carb, B Plus has lots of diaphrams in stock.

flarks
27-07-2008, 03:26 PM
hi. im very interested in getting a raider over here.

if anyone of u wanna sell ur raider, do give me a pm !

MisledSoulRider
09-08-2008, 12:24 AM
whoa... looks like more and more people buying raider... woohoo... how you peeps doing??? jems... how's tuas circuit? heard and saw many people fall due to sand on the circuit... hope u r doing fine over there... hey im getting impatient to meet all of you... lets all meet up for a raider outing or chilling... how abt that... lets agree on a day where everyone is free and just chat, compare our bikes and talk bout problems/recommendations/tips/issues for bikes... how abt that? pls pls sms me if any of you interested 81912019. yandi/munkeedi

MisledSoulRider
09-08-2008, 12:27 AM
from thai bro... DBS exhaust :thumb: :thumb: (better than endurance)
carb change KEIHIN PWK28mm
CDI= sindengen E7 / A.P.I (no limiter)
coil= YAMAHA YZ125

believed me...130km/h is tooo easy, top speed 170km/h :cheeky:

hmmm... im DBS sounds good, feels good but good only with us not the traffic police/LTA peeps... was just looking for the header to make my bike breathe better... and thats it... the final thing im looking for... only the header but then very difficult to find... hehe, if i get all those parts then my pocket will run dry just like how petrol will dry up with all the setting... hehehe these days petrol prices fluctuate like waves.. anyhow go up anyhow go down... sigh.

MisledSoulRider
09-08-2008, 12:35 AM

cant really get rid of diaphragm problem... only way is to change ur riding style... the rubber on the diaphragm tends to stretch during two occasions

1. over-revving... some say dragging... especially for throttle frenzy riders who love to open for long periods...

2. gear-dropping... when trying to overtake, some tend to drop two gears (i know of some ppl who drop 3) just to get better acceleration, when u do this the sudden compression of the mixture of air and petrol in the chamber will cause the diphragm to stretch suddenly, over a period of time, it will tear.

if you do wanna change carburettor then my suggestion is get UMA carb (not available in singapore) go to JB, costs ard SGD$150. availabkle in 26mm n 28mm, whichever suits you, of course the 28mmm gives better responds and fuel delivery but fuel consumption goes up.

just a lil of something i learnt through the trials of my bike, of course im not a pro mechanic, if u need more advise then ask the pros. peace out.

MisledSoulRider
09-08-2008, 12:37 AM
cicak... ur avatar power man... woohoo... ur fren issit? :P

solo
14-08-2008, 01:30 PM
suggest you look thru previous posts, lots of info on this topic.

SP carb (Keihin PE 28) you'll also need to change your throttle assembly including cable, jettings and needle, suggest you look for an experienced mech to set the tuning for you. If you don't want fuel increase, suggest you use the original carb, B Plus has lots of diaphrams in stock.

cant really get rid of diaphragm problem... only way is to change ur riding style... the rubber on the diaphragm tends to stretch during two occasions

1. over-revving... some say dragging... especially for throttle frenzy riders who love to open for long periods...

2. gear-dropping... when trying to overtake, some tend to drop two gears (i know of some ppl who drop 3) just to get better acceleration, when u do this the sudden compression of the mixture of air and petrol in the chamber will cause the diphragm to stretch suddenly, over a period of time, it will tear.

if you do wanna change carburettor then my suggestion is get UMA carb (not available in singapore) go to JB, costs ard SGD$150. availabkle in 26mm n 28mm, whichever suits you, of course the 28mmm gives better responds and fuel delivery but fuel consumption goes up.

just a lil of something i learnt through the trials of my bike, of course im not a pro mechanic, if u need more advise then ask the pros. peace out.
thanks bros for the info. will keep my options open for the time being.

MisledSoulRider
14-08-2008, 07:07 PM
where's all my raider kakis??? lets meet up!!! :P

ben1112
16-08-2008, 07:26 AM
May i know what is the machine price for a used raider nowadays?

ben1112
17-08-2008, 03:13 AM
Yoohoo! I want to buy a raider... Anyone to guide me?

flarks
17-08-2008, 04:16 PM
i wanna buy raider too. lol
the thread v.inactive thou.

ben1112
18-08-2008, 04:11 AM
Sigh... think tmr i go shops and ask better. Here all dead one...

bustop
18-08-2008, 07:12 AM
this thread long long then got people post de... =x

MisledSoulRider
20-08-2008, 03:32 PM
haha no one is dead lei.. just that period of the year where everyone's is busy...

lightspeed
21-08-2008, 12:17 PM
be patients... sometimes ppl got no answer for your question, that why nobody answering....

MisledSoulRider
24-08-2008, 12:15 PM
hey lightspeed, long time no see you in here... how you man?

lightspeed
28-08-2008, 12:32 PM
hey lightspeed, long time no see you in here... how you man?

ha ha, still alive.....

solo
28-08-2008, 02:13 PM
heard raider only got 1 batch come in. the raider i bought last month was made in 2005 :giddy: paid $4800 for it. heard there is another one at teo spray. don't know if that is sold.

MisledSoulRider
30-08-2008, 12:52 PM
yeah... all raiders in sg are 2005 models...
thats the latest actually, if i m not wrong there is no more production of the raider r150 in thailand. teo spray seems to be one of the main agents for suzuki raider bikes, though they dun have the spare parts to support this. hahaha but then again, no other shops in singapore has! hehe

solo, so now u riding raider only or there's another bike... haha, if you wanna meet up for talk ****, ***** bike or kopi sesion just call me up... yandi 81912019. been a long time since i met up with raider kakis...

bustop
30-08-2008, 03:14 PM
not much raider boys in sbf i think...

MisledSoulRider
01-09-2008, 02:30 AM
not much raiders in singapore also... heehee very rare breed

solo
11-09-2008, 02:59 PM
hi MisledSoulRider,

we can meetup sometime next month. currently very busy. no time to come forum also. that's why only saw your post now. sorry for the late reply.

i live in the east. which part of sg do you live in? we can meetup somewhere in between.

currently the only bike i have is raider.

MisledSoulRider
17-09-2008, 01:01 AM
solo,

no worries i also just came back from overseas... my hp number is 81912019... jus sms me when n where u wanna meet... i dun mind the place... as long as singapore... heehee

MisledSoulRider
19-09-2008, 02:55 PM
RAIDERS!!!

Huy Guys!!! im making a list of Suzuki Raider Riders in Singapore so that i can update you of news regarding the bike from Indonesia and Thailand. So please, Write in your name and email/msn below and re-post. thank you!!!

1. Aryandi - lucxifeers@hotmail.com

Hope there are more of you... heeheee

bustop
19-09-2008, 06:37 PM
its alive!

misled need more support

MisledSoulRider
24-09-2008, 12:03 AM
YO PEEPS!!!!!

RAIDERS!!!

Huy Guys!!! im making a list of Suzuki Raider Riders in Singapore so that i can update you of news regarding the bike from Indonesia and Thailand. So please, Write in your name and email/msn below and re-post. thank you!!!

Hope there are more of you... heeheee

totoro78
24-09-2008, 11:11 AM
2. totoro78 - eeping78@hotmail.com

totoro78
24-09-2008, 11:16 AM
Hi guys,

recently in the morning, my bike's engine produce some metal sound, "tink tink tink". But after the engine is hot, the sound will go away. Mileage is 24k. Is it cause by valve and need to do valve clearance?

My mekanik told me need to dismantel the top part of the engine and check all the valve. If adjust valve clearance will be cheap, cost around sgd80, if need to change valve or other parts, it can cost around sgd300. How true is this? This is like top overhaul already rite??

MisledSoulRider
28-09-2008, 02:37 AM
its not the valve problem. actually it is the tensioner. tensioner normally wears out after every 20k - 30k mileage. if it wears out, then your timing chain will be loose this is what produces the tink tink tink sound. after warm up, the tensioner will expand and make the chain tight. haha, still ok to use but i recommend you to change before it gets too lose and your timing chain slips of the cam-shaft sprockets then can be a problem.

the valve wont cause this kind of noise, as the valve cant be heard...
this problem happened to me before, i ignored the sound and continued riding the bike until the timing chain slip off. had to change the valve, valve seal, timing chain, tenisioner, and clutch plate. a lot of work. haha, but lucky my piston is in top grade condition.

Suzuki raider engine is almost similar to Hayabusa engine (exceot that Raider only one piston) cos it has twin cams, meaning instead of one cam chaft connecting the piston to the gearbox, it has two, so only an experienced mechanic will find it easy to replace the timing chain and tensioner.if not then the person will have a hard time. if you want i can recommend you to some mechanics who have worked on my bike before, very experienced, friendly and he will guide you step by step on how the engine works. pm me if you want to know.

other than that always remember, 4-stroked have a very low chance of getting an engine overhaul because the engine is much more cooler than a 2 stroke. unless you have meddled with the engine (modified to high cam, lack of engine oil etc) so it wouldnt cost too much even when you overhaul.

As for me, i only did 2 changes of tensioner, 2 changes of clutch plate. other than that i change engine oil, oil filter, and apsrk plug at every 3000km.

hope this gives you a better idea. again, im not a fully qualified mechaninc, so better to ask around at a few mechanics and get their opinion and maybe the rest of the Raiders can share knowledge???

take care, dont take drugs.

totoro78
29-09-2008, 05:13 PM
Thanks MisledSoulRider,

I decided to bring my bike to my regular shop(Excel) tomorrow. Before that, my mechanic also mention tensioner might be one of the problem. He is honest and know what he is doing although he quite young. So far his quality of work also good. The problems is they dun keep any Suzuki raider parts, so need to source every time.

Where is the location of the shop that u recomend? I choose Excel cause near my house. Thanks for the info.

MisledSoulRider
01-10-2008, 12:34 AM
i regularly service my bike at De Xing at Ubi. Look for Kok Leong, he knows what to do. They do keep spares for the bike... though they might be very busy at times. If they can do it within that day then they will inform yuou, otherwise they will tell you when the bike will be ready.

The tensioner... yeah i replace mine every 30,000km. now 3 times already changed. waiting for end of year before doing a full service, replacing piston rings, bearings, valves, tensioner, clutch plate. enjoy!!!

MisledSoulRider
01-10-2008, 12:34 AM
Oh yeah!!! To all muslims SELAMAT HARI RAYA!!!!!

cupcai
04-10-2008, 11:03 AM
Hi Guys...I have a set of Full system of Endurance Carbon Exhaust system for Raider150 & also adjustable lever. Suitable for track kaki and not for daily use..PM me if you're interested. tq
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y243/cupcai/SP_carbneddle001.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y243/cupcai/poshlever002.jpg

fishpig
08-10-2008, 01:06 PM
endurance system not legal ?
just wondering :)

cupcai
08-10-2008, 04:29 PM
Dun think its legal.

totoro78
08-10-2008, 05:18 PM
Guys, I got back my bike liao. The good news is only my tensioner need to change. Damage to my wallet was SGD68, is it expesnive? My air filter is dirty, they dun have stock so they just blow clean it only, any shop to recomend to change and how much does it cost? Preferable near Kaki Bukit.

MisledSoulRider
09-10-2008, 04:01 AM
see... told you only your tensioner
air filter can use other bikes one
maybe can ask them but then again it is still very few...
go to de xing at ubi... they have... or teo spray at defu or guan hoe at rangoon rd

MisledSoulRider
09-10-2008, 04:02 AM
hey totoro... mind sms-ing me ur number? i wanna meet up with you and another guy riding raider soon... heehee 81912019

jahatz
09-10-2008, 12:38 PM
3. Remy - remydean@gmail.com

UPZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MisledSoulRider
19-10-2008, 10:01 AM
jeremy!!! eh i think the raiders here wanna know ur jetting size and settings leh... hurry hurry hurry and post. im excited also... hehehehe

jahatz
28-10-2008, 02:45 PM
upzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

jemster
31-10-2008, 12:34 AM
Hi Guys...I have a set of Full system of Endurance Carbon Exhaust system for Raider150 & also adjustable lever. Suitable for track kaki and not for daily use..PM me if you're interested. tq
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y243/cupcai/SP_carbneddle001.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y243/cupcai/poshlever002.jpg

hey bro, give me a call 98457452, thanks!

jemster
31-10-2008, 12:56 AM
jeremy!!! eh i think the raiders here wanna know ur jetting size and settings leh... hurry hurry hurry and post. im excited also... hehehehe

hey peeps, after a week of setting the PE carb (ala sp carb), I've gotton a much more ridable bike which is reponsive right from ide to red line. this didn't come easy as i had to set ride, set...and set again for the final result. this included checking the spark plug after each test run. finally a nice golden brown plug tip!!!

Heres are the jetting sizes for you to try.

Pilot 40
Main 128
adjustable needle on 2nd groove from the top
( this can be bought from B+)

I'm using original throttle with a modified cable for less hassale and $$, plus start button etc remains stock for reliablility.

Also maintained air box for better low and mid range, I strongly advice you keep the box. no idle problems.

Finally, are you ready...i'm still getting 40km/l normal riding, of course if you wrist gets heavy, consumption will increase, but i've found with normal street and highway riding, things remain unchanged. Oh forgot to mention, I'm also running a racing cdi. Top is now 140, up from 130. (i'm 70kg and don't prone down when testing top)

Hope this information helps.

yo misled, gotta exchange rides to create a bench mark point for comparing perforamce gains.

MisledSoulRider
31-10-2008, 11:29 AM
hmm... so ur setting is still safe to me... i mean it is still fuel friendly... mine is a bit on the harsher side though... took me a few weeks to set the carb properly and now finally can idle nicely at 1.5...

Im using UMA 28mm race carb with the following settings:

Pilot 40
Main 110
no airbox but K&N filters
Domino Fast Throttle Pulley system
Racing CDI
Fuel consumption is 30km/l
Top speed up to 151 from 143.

need to change oil, oil filter and plug at every 2000km though cos i like to run the bike up in high end... heehehe.

jems... we seriously need to meet up man cant wait to try your setting...
oh and i am hooking up with the other full forked cub cousins, hahaha, people riding honda sonic... i think we can share input and knowledge to make our rides a lil mean machine yeah?

do msg me whenever you are free... im an outing kaki... anywhere, anytime, anyone... heehee

bustop
31-10-2008, 01:27 PM
hey peeps, after a week of setting the PE carb (ala sp carb), I've gotton a much more ridable bike which is reponsive right from ide to red line. this didn't come easy as i had to set ride, set...and set again for the final result. this included checking the spark plug after each test run. finally a nice golden brown plug tip!!!

Heres are the jetting sizes for you to try.

Pilot 40
Main 128
adjustable needle on 2nd groove from the top
( this can be bought from B+)

I'm using original throttle with a modified cable for less hassale and $$, plus start button etc remains stock for reliablility.

Also maintained air box for better low and mid range, I strongly advice you keep the box. no idle problems.

Finally, are you ready...i'm still getting 40km/l normal riding, of course if you wrist gets heavy, consumption will increase, but i've found with normal street and highway riding, things remain unchanged. Oh forgot to mention, I'm also running a racing cdi. Top is now 140, up from 130. (i'm 70kg and don't prone down when testing top)

Hope this information helps.

yo misled, gotta exchange rides to create a bench mark point for comparing perforamce gains.

hmm... so ur setting is still safe to me... i mean it is still fuel friendly... mine is a bit on the harsher side though... took me a few weeks to set the carb properly and now finally can idle nicely at 1.5...

Pilot 40
Main 110
Racing CDI

need to change oil, oil filter and plug at every 2000km though cos i like to run the bike up in high end... heehehe.

oh and i am hooking up with the other full forked cub cousins, hahaha, people riding honda sonic... i think we can share input and knowledge to make our rides a lil mean machine yeah?

do msg me whenever you are free... im an outing kaki... anywhere, anytime, anyone... heehee

wah.. :cool:

btw raider's meter is digital or normal ?..

cicak
03-11-2008, 01:51 AM
digital my fren

jemster
04-11-2008, 12:31 AM
likewise bro, we've been playing cat and mouse for too long.

Pilot 40
Main 110
Racing CDI

jahatz
16-11-2008, 08:39 AM
upzzzzzzzzzzzz.....

totoro78
17-11-2008, 03:48 PM
see... told you only your tensioner
air filter can use other bikes one
maybe can ask them but then again it is still very few...
go to de xing at ubi... they have... or teo spray at defu or guan hoe at rangoon rd

I went to de xing at ubi and they don't have the air filter for our raider. May i know what other bike air filter are compatible?

MisledSoulRider
30-11-2008, 12:17 AM
the susuki fx-r150
air box almost similar to ours if i not mistaken
u can also try the sonic one... but im not sure abt that...
sorry bro, cos im not using airbox now...

Itachi
08-12-2008, 01:48 PM
tested ride a raider.. i think it's a good bike.. hee.. anybody selling? =x

jahatz
12-12-2008, 05:45 PM
upsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

emarkie_82
12-12-2008, 10:38 PM

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212774

mat_throttle
26-01-2009, 12:20 AM
hie, im damn new here.. wanna ask hw much does a raider cost? just a gauge, about hw much.. 1st hand hw much? 2nd hand abt how much.. machine price only.. somebody help?

MisledSoulRider
14-02-2009, 06:55 PM
yo peeps!!!

great news!!!

our skilled raider rider jenster is racing his suzki raider tomorrow 15 february 09 at circuit@tuas.

1st heats is at 0900rs!!!

how abt that eh? i think its about time someone actually showed locals how great the machine is ... and none other to do it than jeremy... heeheee so come one lets ride down there tomorrow and give him our support yeah... anyone wants to go do sms me at 81912019, and maybe we can go together eh?

cheers for jeremy... good luck for tomorrow's race bro... upsssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RojRyder
15-02-2009, 07:55 PM
Let me be the first to congratulate Jemster on winning the Superstock Novice Category on his very first try. Great ride, bro.

jemster
16-02-2009, 01:38 PM
hey thanks mislead and roj!!!

really didn't know what to expect on my first race, but guess everything turned out well.

raider is an excellent bike to race and was designed with that in mind. I entered the Superstock (meaning minimal mods, and no mods allowed to engine) class just to see how the bike would do in stock form compared to the other brands.

And if all continues to go well this year, next year, I will enter the bike in the supercup (unlimited mods) cat!

Thanks again guys for the support and hope to see more raiders at the next race!

I will be most happy to organize a track day for the raiders group if there are any takers. all you need is a suit, boots, gloves and full face helmet.

jahatz
05-03-2009, 05:31 PM
jemster... if u enter the superstock dun mod yr bike too much.. ive seen too many riders that cant handle the bike after its mod. the bike already power..add too much power equals to disaster..if race at pasir gudang can..but carpark...... just kip it powerful but manageable in the circuit. just my two cents. anyway congrats.

any rider see a black raider on the road, do say hi. remy here and my bike name is johnny

misledsoulrider and others... lets meetup. 90084521 sms me if yr free.

rode a 125z too..but from my opinion... raider is still the best bike to ride and quite a headturner. till now not many ppl know the bikes name and model..

suzuki18
11-03-2009, 08:55 PM
3. Remy - remydean@gmail.com

UPZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
May I put my name, but I come from Jakarta Indonesia.
Here's my Raider
http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/4122/terlalustd.jpg (http://img17.imageshack.us/my.php?image=terlalustd.jpg)
http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/8291/jare2.jpg (http://img17.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jare2.jpg)

fuegos4
24-03-2009, 02:55 PM
hey there raider riders..

i would like to noe where could i get the raider headlite?

does anyone noes about dis?

i need it urgently thanks!

HARRYCHUA1965
29-03-2009, 10:00 PM
princess where are you ?

predattoris
31-03-2009, 10:28 AM
hai..
i'm from malaysia..
this is some video from the younger brother rider 150,
it's name fx 125..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNDq_KtYlC0

SinfulDreams
06-04-2009, 07:27 PM
Does jb sell raider 150 head.wanna buy ,but how much?does anyone know?

MisledSoulRider
17-04-2009, 12:58 AM
sure u can put ur name... no problem

predattoris
20-04-2009, 10:25 AM
Does jb sell raider 150 head.wanna buy ,but how much?does anyone know?

in malaysia 150 new head price complete set is about RM 500.
i can find the 2nd hand if u want..the price about RM 150-250.
but not complete..

gunshead
20-04-2009, 10:05 PM
GOOD NEWS GUYS

msia has launched the raider with gsx1000r accesory and settings
go to www.suzuki.com.my

for u people wanna spare part

contact the JB service cneter of suzuki

DE55
21-04-2009, 01:02 PM
Any one interested in buying a raider bike? I know of someone who is selling a blue raider- FBA plate. Please PM me thanks.

gunshead
22-04-2009, 11:54 AM
since more advanced raider aka belang R in msia launched on 18 april so u guys wanna spare part cheap cheap original suzuki can buy from DIRECT SUZUKI SERVIS CENTRE STOKIS
i think is located at taman mewah

visit www.suzuki.com.my and get the location and map
i see got map

also example
the carburator Diaphragm those days ( before yr 2004) it was RM28

and also the oil filter is RM4.50 I suppose

better bring to JB direct into the servis centre and also buy the ten spoke orginal LEIGHTWEIGHT ENKEI SPORT RIM

ecms
01-05-2009, 03:56 PM
Hi,

I'm Edward from Malaysia KL.

Suzuki Raider 150 finally arrived in Malaysia with a fancy name ...SUZUKI BELANG 150, "Belang" meaning stripe in Malay. Tunjuk belang anda..show your stripe..

I just bought one for my son, yesterday managed to registraded and back home late evening after long waiting ..buying last Saturday launching day.

Awesome cub, all the while seeing friends ride modify FX125, and thinking to purchase one last few months. Luckily a FX125 seller inform me to wait for Raider 150.

Before bring home..I oledi exchanged Bridgestone Battlax BT39F SS tubeless racing tires, front 80/90 17", rear 90/80 17"....front size should use 80/80...bcos it is too near to front mudguard and make a lot of noise when small stone stick on it. ......I adjust the mudguard again, look improve a lot..

Test ride today morning, very powerful even ride with half throttle ( bcos now is break in riding period ), it can easy hit 100km/h. The tryes are amazing......

I like the headlamp & cockpit speedometer design...look like GSXR1000K9...haha...

Just one thing.....its weird design without front fairing bring back my memory when I riding rental bike in Betong..Thiland few year ago....hehe....

Can I know where can I get aftermarket stuff from Singapore ?

cupcai
01-05-2009, 06:58 PM
Im from KL too. If u need any aftermarket stuff for ur Belang..u can always PM me. Currently I have adjustable chrome brake/clutch lever for Raider. Sold 3 sets of Original ENdurance exhaust set to few FX owner.

brakingdrift
02-05-2009, 07:51 PM
Any one interested in buying a raider bike? I know of someone who is selling a blue raider- FBA plate. Please PM me thanks.

Hi ,interested in your raider.
can pm me your selling price?:cheeky::cheeky::cheeky:

charred
08-05-2009, 11:07 AM
Blue Raider to sell.

Used for 9 mths only. 2nd owner. Left about 2 yrs of installment only. Good condition. Can contact me at yatie1979@gmail.com (yatie1979@gmail.com) if u r interested.

I wanna sell bcos i just bought another bike.

ben1112
23-05-2009, 02:20 AM
Type wrongly

ben1112
26-05-2009, 01:32 AM
What's price of a 2nd hand raider anybody knows?

Raider150
29-05-2009, 03:28 PM
Hi guys,

recently in the morning, my bike's engine produce some metal sound, "tink tink tink". But after the engine is hot, the sound will go away. Mileage is 24k. Is it cause by valve and need to do valve clearance?

My mekanik told me need to dismantel the top part of the engine and check all the valve. If adjust valve clearance will be cheap, cost around sgd80, if need to change valve or other parts, it can cost around sgd300. How true is this? This is like top overhaul already rite??

The metal sound can be coming from the timing chain also. which is very dangerous as it could lead to piston jam. Happened to me before but after i changed a tensioner the problem is solved =)

Raider150
29-05-2009, 03:33 PM
endurance system not legal ?
just wondering :)

for raider 150 there's no other pipe that is legalised by LTA :dot:

DE55
06-06-2009, 05:23 PM

Hello Itachi, please contact me if you are still interested in a raider bike, i have a bike for sale.

DE55
10-06-2009, 09:35 PM
upz for sale

emarkie_82
24-06-2009, 09:17 PM
y this bike not so popular in singapore?

in fact, by comparing among small 2B bikes:
Honda Sonic 125, Honda Wave 125R, Honda CBR-150R, Yamaha X1-R, Suzuki Raider 150,
i will still much prefer Raider 150.

In malaysia they name it Belang R150.
In indonesia named Satria FU-150.

Their comments about this bike is quite positive.
and this time they have equipped with sport rim and misellaneous parts on the engine thus make this bike more sporty.

Before i bought my Yamaha X1-R last year, i have already searched information about this bike.
But im just worried with the parts and regular maintenance since only limited ppl using this bike.

Hope Suzuki can consider to bring or advertise this product more active to get more user on the Singapore road.

Cheers...

LuckyThirteen
25-06-2009, 06:33 PM
Collection of TNP dollars for charity :thumb: (http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5560540#post5560540)

Just take some time to check it out bros thanx.

andrewngsg
26-06-2009, 11:41 AM
Collection of TNP dollars for charity :thumb: (http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5560540#post5560540)

Just take some time to check it out bros thanx.

what is this TNP? related to Suzuki Raider.

MisledSoulRider
29-06-2009, 02:17 PM

Honda Sonic 125, Honda Wave 125R, Honda CBR-150R, Yamaha X1-R, Suzuki Raider 150,

and this time they have equipped with sport rim and misellaneous parts on the engine thus make this bike more sporty.

Before i bought my Yamaha X1-R last year, i have already searched information about this bike.
But im just worried with the parts and regular maintenance since only limited ppl using this bike.

Hope Suzuki can consider to bring or advertise this product more active to get more user on the Singapore road.

Cheers...

Bro, in malaysia the bike just got out onto the streest, only few months back. everything same the only difference is their exhaust pipe looks nicer. very very nice in fact. In singapore, the first plate ever came out for Raider is FZ meaning ard 4 yrs ago. N no more 1st hand ones here. u can still find 2nd hand at a few shops. I think the parts can be available in johor now that they have the bike in the market there.

Not many ppl know abt this bike cos it was first launched in thailand, then phillippines, then indonesia then never launched in singapore, just brought in and finally in Johor.

I've been riding this bike in singapore for almost 4 years now. Maintenance is easy, and it still gives the best acceleration among the 2b 4 strokes and also has quite a high top end.

Still people always confuse this bike with Honda Sonic 125 4 stroke cos it looks almost the same, except for the headlights. Plus the sonic is only 124cc but the raider is 150cc.

If you still interested to buy the bike, try checking out Teo Spray at defu lane or AS Phoon at Ubi. Got few Raiders at these two shops.

Cheers!!!

MisledSoulRider
30-06-2009, 11:12 AM
Yo peeps! How abt we meet up? doesnt matter what bike u ride. Cos in singapore i dunno where to go or what to do liao. So i figured mite as well make new moto kakis. How about it?

Rushdi88
27-07-2009, 11:48 PM
anyone from malaysia using suzuki belang 150???need friends here........

mandrem
05-08-2009, 04:43 AM
anyone from malaysia using suzuki belang 150???need friends here........

yes im m'sian stay in kL..
i've been used for 4month old..

totoro78
14-08-2009, 10:58 PM
Hi,

Anyone know where can i get heavyduty rack in SG and in JB?? Asked 2 shop in SG and they dun have it :(

gunshead
19-08-2009, 01:07 PM
ecms

boss

don't get things from spore for your belang R

contact

www.suzuki.com.my

email them

ask for stokist list in KL / Selangor

they have good rapport for customer service via email

i once was FXR150 user

MysticMoon
25-08-2009, 07:59 AM

Cheers...

i planned to buy this bike b4 in 2005
but is quite expensive ard the same price of a new kawa
this bike is better then spark n x1-r cos its DOHC
reason not popular in sg cos its more ex then spark n x1r and it dont look better
spark n x1-r got legal pipe like GPR 2 model, Yoshimura and hopefully Leo Vince
jb ah gua lane dont have many accesories in this bike 4 yr ago
so pplz rather get spark cos its nicer :D n more accesories

frm now on i think the raider 150 will be more popular since msia launch it

there was once a raider caught fire in kallang race in 05-06 :D

gunshead
25-08-2009, 10:29 PM
can someone find out

suzuki raider for 2009 will be brought into SG ?

or mahybe msian belang R brought in ?

i want RAIDER NEW

gunshead
31-08-2009, 11:15 PM
hello people

i went to JB and test ride suzuki raider / belang R msian edition

superb fast ......very fast pick up
rear braking EXCELLENT

anyway,

anyone with spore suzuki raider having gathering ?

do call me

i also looking for suzuki raider 2nd hand

have u seen any original yellow color raider in spore ?

gunshead
14-09-2009, 05:42 PM
hi all

i just got a raider for myself recently.

join me for TTS.

email me

gunshead at yahooooo comm

i have the CD of engineer service manual
parts catalogue
owner manual

contact list where to get spare parts

xiaohaizi
14-09-2009, 07:46 PM
Hi,

Anyone know where can i get heavyduty rack in SG and in JB?? Asked 2 shop in SG and they dun have it :(

get a Monorack in JB. my friend got it done there, by jin fong. at first it looks bulky but its all the same actually

xiaohaizi
14-09-2009, 07:47 PM
i am looking for parts, open parts/after market parts for raiders150 on behalf of a friend.
one of them would be, HGM exhaust pipe. anyone knows where to get them? pm me thanks.

totoro78
17-09-2009, 05:12 PM
get a Monorack in JB. my friend got it done there, by jin fong. at first it looks bulky but its all the same actually

Thanks man, i got it last weekend at JB, very easy to find and it cost me rm105 for a heavy duty givi rack and it looks nice too.

mild_slevin
20-09-2009, 08:38 PM
sorry to ask we can't find any first hand model in sg... but its still under production?

gunshead
21-09-2009, 07:55 PM
mild_slevin,

raider stopped production in thailand therefore no more new bike in spore

i just bought 2nd raider last few weeks ago

but the bike has been uplifted in msia, filipino and indonesia.

well, if u still want it
then go to defu lane, Teo Spray bike shop

got unit to be sold.

mild_slevin
21-09-2009, 11:39 PM
mild_slevin,

raider stopped production in thailand therefore no more new bike in spore

i just bought 2nd raider last few weeks ago

but the bike has been uplifted in msia, filipino and indonesia.

well, if u still want it
then go to defu lane, Teo Spray bike shop

got unit to be sold.

Thanks for the info, sad to know such a nice ride has come to an "ugly" end.
Its a very nice bike on the outside, judging from the spec it got power too for a 4 stroker. Definitely been one of my love under CUB category.
Sadly I got my X-1R, still its nice to see the Raider hit the road! :clap:

gunshead
26-09-2009, 08:38 AM
hello,

for all suzuki raider owners wish to have

engineer service manual
parts catalogue

certain pricelist of the parts in msia

photos of new uplifted raider in msia, filipino and indonesia

PM me

Gilera Runner
05-10-2009, 11:03 PM
Hello,,,, im new here as well to raider..... Small community but cool... Hope to see u guys soon....

Gilera Runner
07-10-2009, 10:51 PM
Yoo hoo..... So quiet here.......

Gilera Runner
09-10-2009, 08:23 AM
Hey ppl, jst wana noe all raider rider..... Wanna find out more about d bike n stuff..... since dae are no more new arrival in sgp... wr u ppl get d parts etc.... coz i jst got it as a side bike as i find it cool.... :cheeky:

gunshead
09-10-2009, 01:01 PM
got problem for raider,
contact me
we can share knowledge and help each other

Gilera Runner
09-10-2009, 10:52 PM
got problem for raider,
contact me
we can share knowledge and help each other

sure thkz bro, anw i think got prob, when i change gear or rev.. sometime i feel a slip... hard to xplain here... i hv not check it ot thou.. everytink seem fine now at d moment...

mimi_spyder
09-10-2009, 11:17 PM
alamak.... peng already la... haha...
sure thkz bro, anw i think got prob, when i change gear or rev.. sometime i feel a slip... hard to xplain here... i hv not check it ot thou.. everytink seem fine now at d moment...

gunshead
10-10-2009, 09:37 AM
gilera,

for that case
do this

1. change oil filter
2. change to shell VSX 4T engine oil

and monitor for 300km

also change engine oil at 1500km interval.

don't keep too long

also never use car engine oil

also never use fully synthetic cause the gear box and clutch may not suite

Gilera Runner
11-10-2009, 01:09 AM
gilera,

for that case
do this

1. change oil filter
2. change to shell VSX 4T engine oil

and monitor for 300km

also change engine oil at 1500km interval.

don't keep too long

also never use car engine oil

also never use fully synthetic cause the gear box and clutch may not suite

oh ok, thkz bro... i will try it out... anw when i got d bike... d milage was max alrdy..... 99999999.... its a fbb thou... i duno whether spoil or wat... or mayb d previous owner piang all d way.. haha....:giddy:

Gilera Runner
11-10-2009, 01:11 AM
alamak.... peng already la... haha...

here osoe can find me.... d bike cool ler,,, side bike ar... fast osoe leh... haha

gunshead
11-10-2009, 09:36 AM
gilera,

where u bought the bike ? defu lane ?
how much

the bike i think must be used for despatch

since high mileage
time to change

clutch plate set

mimi_spyder
11-10-2009, 05:26 PM
oh side bike... i thot u dekitin yr gilera already... haha...
here osoe can find me.... d bike cool ler,,, side bike ar... fast osoe leh... haha

Gilera Runner
14-10-2009, 08:51 PM
gilera,

where u bought the bike ? defu lane ?
how much

the bike i think must be used for despatch

since high mileage
time to change

clutch plate set

ya, i tot so too... but gotta check wif raider veteran... ya i got it fr teo spray... had taken 4 bike fr dae.... thkz bro...

Gilera Runner
14-10-2009, 08:52 PM
oh side bike... i thot u dekitin yr gilera already... haha...

goin to... haha... getin a car a bro... wife make noise.... haha...

gunshead
15-10-2009, 08:53 AM
gilera,

what u plan to do with the suzuki raider?

go melaka ?

Gilera Runner
16-10-2009, 08:42 AM
gilera,

what u plan to do with the suzuki raider?

go melaka ?

wat do u mean bro? i dun get u... Y malaca of all plc, any specific reason?

anw wr do u usually change ur clutch plate in sgp?:)

Raider3
18-10-2009, 12:26 AM
Hi Guy's I am looking for some help with a problem I have on my Suzuki Raider 150 ,

My Raider 150

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq232/Filesaver1/File1466.jpg

is this the correct place to post my questions .. ?

Thanks

gunshead
18-10-2009, 09:17 PM
raider 3,

correct place to ask about raider

but take note
u r in siam
we are in singapore

anyway,

what is ur problem?

timing tensioner ?

Raider3
19-10-2009, 10:14 AM
Hi, Thanks for you reply. I have a Raider 150 and found the battery was flat, so I re charged it again , and put it back, I noticed that when I put the battery connection cables to the battery, there was a Large spark on the terminal, like some thing was switched on, I checked every thing was switched off, and I removed the ignition key. But there was still a large spark when I touched the battery terminal, so it looks like there was s short some where that was draining the battery, even when the ignition switch was off. I then one by one disconnected every electrical part , and finally found that when I disconnected the stator coil unit, the short disappeared , so ive taken out the coil unit out

Electrical lead going to the coil ...

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq232/Filesaver1/DSC06263.jpg

Then I removed the outer casing and un screwed the Two screws

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq232/Filesaver1/DSC06279.jpg

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq232/Filesaver1/DSC06285.jpg

and checked to see if the coils were showing any signs of a problem, as far as I can see there's no problems showing on the coils,

When I check the electrical connections , A +B are shorted to the silver metal base , connection C is also shorted to the metal base

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq232/Filesaver1/DSC06286.jpg

So I am wondering if any one here has had the same problem, as I am not too sure if the electrical connections are correct or they are faulty?

Also when I took off the outer coil engine casing the coils were covered in oil, should there be oil inside the coil casing ..?

Thanks for any adivce ... :thumb:

apm001
20-10-2009, 01:34 AM
Hi! Am new to this forum.....am really interested to purchase a new Raider. Anybody noe where I can get a new one in Singapore? Am dying to get my hands on one......

Raider3
20-10-2009, 03:48 PM
Can any Please tell me where I can find a wiring diagram for my Raider 150 ( kick start ) as ive got a big problem and it would help me so much

Thanks

gunshead
22-10-2009, 10:29 PM
raider 3

where r u first?

in singapore?

i can mail you the wiring diagram

but it is in pdf and very big file size

email me

gunshead at yahoo dot com

we will continue there

otherwise you come to my place and collect the CD

or give me your full house address
i will post to you via post office

sk8ersaix
04-11-2009, 10:38 AM
hello, i am a newbie here in your website. i am from philippines, and i own a raider r150 2009 model.

quick question,

what is the stock size of the main jet in my bike?:)

gunshead
06-11-2009, 10:36 PM
sk8ersaix,

i have CD and pdf of parts items
engineer service manual
parts catalogue

photos of new uplifted raider in msia, filipino and indonesia

PM me

gunshead
23-11-2009, 11:20 AM
raider users,

keep continue using the bike
wonderful bike

also share bad expeirince with your tensioner.

suzuki also never do recall for tensioners.

indonesians all complain on suzuki tensioners

Raider150
28-11-2009, 01:48 PM
hello people

i went to JB and test ride suzuki raider / belang R msian edition

superb fast ......very fast pick up
rear braking EXCELLENT

anyway,

anyone with spore suzuki raider having gathering ?

do call me

i also looking for suzuki raider 2nd hand

have u seen any original yellow color raider in spore ?

singapore never bring in the yellow colour version one. But got saw Teo Spray respray one raider into the yellow colour version one.

Raider150
28-11-2009, 01:51 PM
tensioner problem very easy to solve one ma. just change every 20000km. the problem won't come le. and also regular change of good engine oil the bike can last u for years.

Raider150
28-11-2009, 01:55 PM
Hi, Thanks for you reply. I have a Raider 150 and found the battery was flat, so I re charged it again , and put it back, I noticed that when I put the battery connection cables to the battery, there was a Large spark on the terminal, like some thing was switched on, I checked every thing was switched off, and I removed the ignition key. But there was still a large spark when I touched the battery terminal, so it looks like there was s short some where that was draining the battery, even when the ignition switch was off. I then one by one disconnected every electrical part , and finally found that when I disconnected the stator coil unit, the short disappeared , so ive taken out the coil unit out

Electrical lead going to the coil ...

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq232/Filesaver1/DSC06263.jpg

Then I removed the outer casing and un screwed the Two screws

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq232/Filesaver1/DSC06279.jpg

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq232/Filesaver1/DSC06285.jpg

and checked to see if the coils were showing any signs of a problem, as far as I can see there's no problems showing on the coils,

When I check the electrical connections , A +B are shorted to the silver metal base , connection C is also shorted to the metal base

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq232/Filesaver1/DSC06286.jpg

So I am wondering if any one here has had the same problem, as I am not too sure if the electrical connections are correct or they are faulty?

Also when I took off the outer coil engine casing the coils were covered in oil, should there be oil inside the coil casing ..?

Thanks for any adivce ... :thumb:

Best advice for u. Bring it down to the bike shop. Don't try to be smart and DIY just to save a few cents and end up spending hundred of dollars for the thing u spoil while u fix it yourself.

raiderRteam_vn
01-12-2009, 04:48 PM
Hi all! Im new mem from Viet Nam. I love raider 150 alot, and we have small club of Raider 150 in Ho Chi Minh city Vn. As i know, new bike BELANG R 150 very nice. I like the head lamp of Belang R 150 to put in my Raider 150 ( 2006 ). How can i get that? Help me pls. Tks all!

raiderRteam_vn
01-12-2009, 04:52 PM
hi all

i just got a raider for myself recently.

join me for TTS.

email me

gunshead at yahooooo comm

i have the CD of engineer service manual
parts catalogue
owner manual

contact list where to get spare parts
Hi guy! Pls share that for me pls. Tks alot. My email: khongbiet_hehe@yahoo.com. By the way, could u show me how can i bought the head lamp pf BELANG R 150???

gunshead
02-12-2009, 11:30 PM
hi guys,

i repeat
those want to have service engineer manual and spare part catalogue

email me personnaly
gunshead at yahoo com

i will try to zip and sent via my email otherwise give me ur house address and i will sent u a CD

other countries want to have have facelifted items of new raider which has many name given to country like in indonesia and phillipines and malaysia.

www.suzuki.com.my
give a try

Raider150
03-12-2009, 12:27 AM
Hi all! Im new mem from Viet Nam. I love raider 150 alot, and we have small club of Raider 150 in Ho Chi Minh city Vn. As i know, new bike BELANG R 150 very nice. I like the head lamp of Belang R 150 to put in my Raider 150 ( 2006 ). How can i get that? Help me pls. Tks all!

That model belang R if i not wrong only malaysia have at the moment. singapore no longer bring in any raider since 2 yrs ago. so if u're so interested in the head lamp maybe gotta find shops or dealer from malaysia :cheers:

gunshead
03-12-2009, 09:24 PM
suzuki Raider now facelifted with more modern technometer with modes for economy, power and normal controller. and also new digital meter

but this facelift only in indonesia, phillipones and malaysia

www.suzuki.com.my

got black, red and blue color.

it is more elegant with sporty muffler.

Gilera Runner
04-12-2009, 10:05 PM
Hey bro gunshed, i hv change my clutch plate at woodland link workshop...
cost at 68.50... wif casket n labour bout 100 ar......

gunshead
05-12-2009, 05:07 AM
This time you guys must help me

help help

my raider monoshock suspension lembik.....spoilt.
Supreme soft

When i ride it wobbles and bouncy and also give the squeking sound.

NOW PLEASE LET ME know any aftermarket monoshock with gas for me to fix

maybe some of u have changed the monoshock

kindly guide me

u may email me at gunshead yahoo com

or reply here

i tried B plus, rowell road and kelantan lane

all don't have monoshock for raider...

i say thank you in advance for saving me and my bike.

Raider150
09-12-2009, 12:34 AM
This time you guys must help me

help help

my raider monoshock suspension lembik.....spoilt.
Supreme soft

When i ride it wobbles and bouncy and also give the squeking sound.

NOW PLEASE LET ME know any aftermarket monoshock with gas for me to fix

maybe some of u have changed the monoshock

kindly guide me

u may email me at gunshead yahoo com

or reply here

i tried B plus, rowell road and kelantan lane

all don't have monoshock for raider...

i say thank you in advance for saving me and my bike.

Mine is Gazi one.

Got it from B Plus quite some time ago.

Think they don't really want to bring in as the sales of it is kind of slow. But what i can tell u is the original stock suspension is better than the aftermarket one.

So why not just replace it with the stock one.
For cornering wise i still like the stock one.

The aftermarket one is abit too hard already. Price wise i get it at about 160+ if i never remember wrongly.

Which is not worth it.

gunshead
11-12-2009, 10:12 AM
raider 150,

thank you for your reply.

suspension original stock cannot find anymore in singapore, i tried rangoon rd, lavender st, ah boy, rowell rd, desker rd.....all i gave up. Nobody has it but someone in desker rd said try www.yss.co.th but then the other problem is YSS also for raider don;t have in singapore. Any other shops u may think got raider suspension ?

seitan07
26-12-2009, 11:40 PM
Bro gunshead,u cn try chong aik dey sell YSS for raider @ $195&HKL b.merah @$190. Last result if u prefer ur stock monoshock den u cn try go 2 ah gua lane @ jb ask dem 2 mod ur stock shock. bt let me tell u 1st nt all shop r willing 2 do it, i got mine done @ 1 of d shop called malay panjang , his shop got d green sprinta banner in between ahboi & panjang cheena shop. hope tis info mite help.:cheers:

gunshead
30-12-2009, 01:55 AM
guys,

finally i got the suzuki raider R 150 monoshock from www.yss.co.th

i ordered from thailand YSS

they have sent me via TNT courier .

But now i relaize that what I have ordered is for racing type which is super LOW

see the two attachment.

The original stock monoshock is tall but now i could not get mechanics in singapore to fix it. It is correct racing YSS monoshock with gas emulsion.

But many mechanics here says they doubt to fix it.

Can sOMEONE LOOK AT THE PHOTO AND GUIDE ME

gunshead ad yahoo.com

MisledSoulRider
30-12-2009, 04:58 PM
Yo peeps! How's everyone doing? So long never come here sia... now like got more kaki like that
syiok syiok.

My raider just came out of workshop. overhaul engine before the whole thing cannot use.
It was fortunate that i asked the mechaninc to do a thorough checking and this was what happened.

Sent in to just change my tensioner, filter, engine oil n plug, but i told him never mind you down engine and checj for me. So he did and this was what i found.

Engine oil never swim up to radiator grill, my timing chain is rusted, piston ring also rusted, all bearings are still in good condition, so i told him change the timing chain, piston, piston rings and bearings.

Then i inspected my block, got scratch from the piston ring, so i told him to look at it anf after opinion from three other mechaninc and the boss, i decided to change block, now my bike sounds very quiet just like new bike. Hehehehe.

But still one problem i have yet to solve. My rear suspension. I want to use original shock but cannot find leh. The G@Zi that im using now is already 4 years old and its nt so nice, too stiff.

Anyone got original shock to sell? or know where i can find? or anyone wanna exchange? HeeHEe

cicak
09-01-2010, 06:28 PM
Yo peeps! How's everyone doing? So long never come here sia... now like got more kaki like that
syiok syiok.

My raider just came out of workshop. overhaul engine before the whole thing cannot use.
It was fortunate that i asked the mechaninc to do a thorough checking and this was what happened.

Sent in to just change my tensioner, filter, engine oil n plug, but i told him never mind you down engine and checj for me. So he did and this was what i found.

Engine oil never swim up to radiator grill, my timing chain is rusted, piston ring also rusted, all bearings are still in good condition, so i told him change the timing chain, piston, piston rings and bearings.

Then i inspected my block, got scratch from the piston ring, so i told him to look at it anf after opinion from three other mechaninc and the boss, i decided to change block, now my bike sounds very quiet just like new bike. Hehehehe.

But still one problem i have yet to solve. My rear suspension. I want to use original shock but cannot find leh. The G@Zi that im using now is already 4 years old and its nt so nice, too stiff.

Anyone got original shock to sell? or know where i can find? or anyone wanna exchange? HeeHEe

Hey bro, im using the original shocks which i dont like, a bit too soft for my liking. Are u talking bout a 1 to 1 trade, or must top up? :D

gunshead
09-01-2010, 09:32 PM
next week I will have the old original suspension in my hand

those wanna buy the old suspension original stock can get from me.

some one sms me first. SO he will get it first.

gunshead
14-01-2010, 01:02 AM
guys,

who wants the original suzuki raider monoshock

I have it

come and get from me

i have changed to YSS and mine original stock is good condition.
Clean and available .
-----------------
soory

GIVEN AWAY TO CICAK
UNAVAILABLE NOW SINCE GIVEN FREE TO SOMEONE ELSE.

-------------------------

gunshead
15-01-2010, 10:59 PM
Hi guys, I just sharing this info

suzuki raider R

suzuki satria F

suzuki belang R

you can get racing items

order from this website

I just contacted them via email and my friend planning to buy

via courier service

including camshaft

http://tdr-racing.com/x/suzuki-satria-m-79.html?osCsid=e44e734432ff249b99b939cb1d6ba25c

Yoshimura brand :

- Camshaft

- Muffer

TDR Brand :

- Muffler

Racing CDI

Clutch friction plates

TDR RACING INTERNATIONAL

LODAN CENTER BLOK G No.2

Jl. Lodan Raya No.2

Jakarta Utara 14430 -INDONESIA

Telp. :+62-21-693 0777 (Hunting)

Fax. :+62-21-691 6568

WEB : www.tdr-racing.com

Facebook : TDR RACING INTERNATIONAL

gunshead
18-01-2010, 03:04 AM
who wants the original suzuki raider monoshock. come and get from me. i have changed to YSS and mine original stock is good condition.
Clean and available . See Photos

GIVEN AWAY TO CICAK
UNAVAILABLE NOW SINCE GIVEN FREE TO SOMEONE ELSE.

gunshead
05-02-2010, 01:03 AM
Sent for bike wash at Jalan Tebrau, JB

wash = RM7
polish with AUTOGLAZE
polish sport rim with WD-40
polish dashboard with KIT UV protector

labour charge RM10

total RM17 + give tips as you wish.

gunshead
09-02-2010, 12:02 AM
For suzuki raider /satria /belang Parts

Malaysia

Mr. DIn, SC Taman Molek
07- 3533131, 07-3527131
lsmjb@suzuki.com.my

www.suzuki.com.my
rajes@suzuki.com.my

service centre in Prai ( 04-3977314)

Seng Hoe Motor
70 & 71 Jalan Barau 2, Main Road,
81300 Skudai
07-5571025, 07-5545653

AMG Motor enterprise
14E, ground floor, Jalan tebrau, JB
012-7218636, 012-7599893

Xing Motor Service
3, Jalan Kangkar Kecil,
Kangkar tebrau, Johor Bahru
07-3583448

Singapore

KS motor only sell suzuki

auto machinery supply
41, rowell road

B PLUS Motorsport - excellent - all parts
and direct import thailand
227, Lavender Street

GNG Motor Trading
Ong Eng Zhuan
blk 6 defu lane 10,
#01-564
62836560, 62805065

Chong Aik International Pte Ltd
Desker rd
chongaikint@pacific.net.sg

Indonesia

TDR RACING INTERNATIONAL
LODAN CENTER BLOK G No.2
Jl. Lodan Raya No.2
Jakarta Utara 14430 -INDONESIA
Telp. :+62-21-693 0777 (Hunting)
Fax. :+62-21-691 6568
WEB : www.tdr-racing.com
Facebook : TDR RACING INTERNATIONAL
email: support@tdr-racing.com

Spare Parts Division
PT. Indomobil Suzuki International
Spare Parts Directorate
Jl. Diponegoro KM 38,2
Tambun - Bekasi 17510
Telp : (021) 8809940,
(021) 8809941 ext 206
(021) 8809488 (direct)
Fax : (021) 8809950

Sales Division
Wisma Indomobil 7th Floor
Jl. M.T. Haryono Kav. 8
Jakarta 13330
Telp : (021) 8564530,
(021) 8564540,
(021) 8564550
Fax : (021) 8564813

gunshead
09-02-2010, 08:18 PM
guys and gals,

be considerate
think of others

I notice many bikes chain oil drop on bike parking lot floors/roads.
When other bike tire step on it .... think of it - danger
when chain oil drop on roads .... rain ... think of it - danger

when rain , oil will float and rubber cannot grip road

a lot of rain slipperyness accident caused by oil

danger for others, we die ok but how about causing others death - KO.

not sin ?

I went to kelantan lane and saw the demo of one new product called PZ1
SGD8
The staff did demo on how the oil penetrate and dissappears. EXCELLENT.

The oil tin says WON'T FLY OFF

gunshead
10-02-2010, 03:36 AM
Report from day 11 Sept 2009 (3rd owner) repair maintenance expenses

Kelantan lane:-
OKADA bike cover L size $25

29/10/09
Wahin, Skudai
Suzuki Belang R original factory sprocket set from Kilang Rantai RM75

1/12/09 service at seng hoe , skudai

Wash Bike Rm7

Givi HR3 Rack with ‘box stand’ RM98

3/12/09

Lavender street
sticker alphabet loose each 70 cents for rear plate $5.50
front complete sticker computer print $8

Kelantan Lane
Rear LED motocross light $32
ELF 15w fork oil $9
Chain lubricant $5

Monday 7/12/2009 , Lion Suzuki, SC JB
meter 36488
Check bike by suzuki technician.

Tuesday 8/12/09, Skudai, Seng Hoe Shop
meter 36580
fixed number plate rear - zinc
rear spore standard alphabets
washed rear lights lens
fixed 3rd brake light
changed air filter
spray high temperature 1200 Fehrenhiet black paint on exhaust pipe.
welding single stand with steel pusher
bought spare 10A fius and NGK G-power plug for emergency in MSIA highway.
changed VSX shell 4T engine oil Rm27
service charges total with items = RM31

wednesday 9/12/09
meter 36697
changed fork oil 15w ELF
changed dust seal 1 pair for front fork
changed brake fluid Dot 4 Caltex
service charges RM15

Thursday 10/12/2009
set timing idle at 1400rpm cold start setting

29/12/09, JB

12v 32/32w old bulb Stanley Spore
12v 25/25w now changed Stanley Msia

RM4 * 2= RM8 old bulbs blacken so changed to new

Findings on the headlight cover: -

1. bike was either fallen on left or something fall on top of it
2. ex-owner redo wiring & changed sockets and bulbs. Sockets rusty.
3. side LHS head cover crack & senget steel bar/holder for headlight cover.

12 Jan 2010 Seng Hoe Motor

Fixed perfectly YSS monoshock
Checked petrol flow pipes
Cleaned fuel tank cover lid

RM30 labour charge

19 Jan 2010 Meter 37918 Araison Motor

1. Welding for double stand (one bearing height) RM20

2. Checked why got sound coming from front wheel? Changed brake lining using 3rd party standard Suzuki. Red color holder and thin layer pad. RM15

21 Jan 2010 Meter 38012
Suzuki Service Centre, JB

1. Changed diaphragm Part 13507B25G00N000 RM7.60

2. Tune the JET NEEDLE into 3rd position for high speed smoothness.

3. Changed VSX Shell 15w-50 1.1litre RM27 *2 = RM54

4. Oil filter RM5.40

5. Service charge RM10

CLAIM ONE TO ONE EXCHANGE LHS REAR VIEW MIRROR DUE TO MIRROR OBJECT NOT SHARP.

Redo seat cushion, In front of Bomba, JB RM40
1. add on silver thick foam
2. put another thick layer cushion fully cover seat.
3. put transparent plastic cover
4. put new thick partially anti slippery black cover

Wash bike RM7
Polish bike AUTOGLAZE RM10
Rim WD-40
Blacken KIT UV protector

7 Feb 2010 Kelantan Lane SGD 7
PZ1 Oil won’t fly off.

gunshead
10-02-2010, 03:45 AM
I use shell VSX semi-synthetic
RM27
see fact sheet of the oil ... attached

SlowButSteady Bro
18-02-2010, 11:48 AM
Hmm look awkward if 1.76m above rider ride it huh?

gunshead
26-02-2010, 03:59 AM
Hai Raiders,

Join Facelifted Suzuki Raider in Malaysia forum called suzuki belang R

Those still owning suzuki Raider Spore , wanna join 10 -14 april 2010 to Phuket .... joining msian /siamese suzuki raiders too.

ONLY for suzuki raider.

see photo - copyright trademark of Suzuki new raider http://belangr150.org

gunshead
05-03-2010, 08:59 AM
Suzuki raider

26/2/2010

meter: 38125

Bearing NTN 2x front wheel

Bearing NTN 2x rear wheel

Tighten swingarm centre boosh / nut

Front brake pump serviced & changed dot 4 caltex

Rear brake only changed dot 4 caltex

Redo wiring for rear LED light

Clean headlight wiring from short circuit

!00% Full service carburetor

Retighten 2 wheel air-nut

NTN bearing 4x RM54

Service charge RM18

photos

gunshead
12-03-2010, 09:20 PM
Unsolved engine die/halt at stopping from gear 6

Scenerio.

- bike idle cold start 1400rpm

- bike riding for 15 minutes above...... then at junction stopping, bike slows down and brake / pull clutch to downshift gear - engine die

- restart engine and saw tachometer at 1000rpm

- open a bit throtlle to make the rpm go 1400

- now idling at 1400rpm or sometime at 1500rpm

- at traffic light red color, the bikes is at 1400rpm

the bike never exceed 1500rpm

the scenerio is extremely danger cause few times cars / taxi horn because i do sudden stopping. It is irritating and scary at T-junctions.

Meter : 38831

Date: 9 march 2010
JB Skudai

Totally free of charge

checked pilot screw - air screw - tune to 3.5 anticlockwise. Earlier was 6 turning.
the handlebar moved left right to test if the throttle cable hinders the timing
monitored if got increase / decrease in idling – NOT at all
serviced rear master pump brake
checked swingarm boosh
lubricate throttle cable
lubricate clutch cable
clean fuel tank cover lid
checked all fuel pipes

The problem still persists. Emailed engineer

1. He said it is the main jet clogged. Need to clean thoroughly – maybe insert a steel wire and clean the tiny hole.

2. Pilot screw to 2 1/4 turns back.

3. To get the pilot screw setting, first turn the pilot screw clockwise until it seats. Then turn 2 1/4 turns anti-clockwise. This is the proper setting for pilot screw.

4. The MainJet #130 indicated in the Parts Catalogue is outdated. The correct size of MJ is #110

onemanarmy
13-03-2010, 01:57 AM
Gunshead, you really know your technical what nots about ur raider huh?
If only I know just as much technically about my katana 125. Heh. :sian:

gunshead
18-03-2010, 08:56 PM
meter showed 40,000 km on 17/3/2010 at location : kota tinggi

17/3/2010
bought spare part from suzuki SC
air filter RM48
oil filter RM 5.40 x2pcs

Repair bike
Skudai Seng Hoe
17/3/10
40,048km

1. changed rear wheel hub RM10 suzuki made in msia

2. NTN sprocket bearing RM16 made in Japan

free labour charge

Then to town

bike wash RM7
bike polish Rm10 used Polyglaze diamond finish
bike wheels polish use WD-40
bike vinyl use KIT UV protector

gunshead
20-03-2010, 06:01 AM
was taking photos for historical purpose

lost_soul
27-03-2010, 10:06 AM
The raider community is still so small after so many years. Haha...

Sort of miss my old ride. Anyone happen to own it here? :cheeky:

gunshead
01-04-2010, 09:44 PM
Date 29/3/10 Suzuki Raider R

Bought parts

Front sprocket washer clip SGD 2.50

Yamaha genuine fork oil seal similar to Suzuki $ 5 * 2 LHS/RHS = $ 10

Ordered

Paid SGD 20 deposit

Main Jet 130

Jet Pilot 12.5

Fork seal protector LHS

gunshead
12-05-2010, 08:54 AM
Suzuki Raider R
Meter :40359km
11 May 2010

Poured 1 bottle of Petrol addictive palm oil based . SGD 2.95 from ESSO
Cleaned fuel system, valves and fuel line

Bought spare part from Suzuki SC

1. fork protector - 1pc RM 7.80
2. plate engine sprocket; front sprocket washer clip RM 1.95
3. Cap fuel tank filler - Suzuki shogun RR/Sp new design RM 11.40

Seng Hoe Motor

1. Changed fork oil seal with Yamaha genuine oil seal which is compatible
2. Serviced thoroughly fork and changed ELF oil 15W. Each 103.5cc
3. fixed LHS fork protector
4. serviced piston, rod and caliper front disc brake
5. fixed original Suzuki front sprocket 14T with correct washer clip
6. changed fuel tank cap/cover with new design Suzuki Shogun RR/SP

Service charge RM25

gunshead
12-05-2010, 09:00 AM
follow up photos on above 11 May 2010 service on fork

cicak
23-05-2010, 12:23 AM
anybody here knows which shop can do top overhaul for raider?

MisledSoulRider
24-05-2010, 01:18 PM
Yo Bros...

How bout we meet up for chit chat? this weekend is long weekend right???
Then meybe can take a look at each others' bikes and ask for opinion n advisee n give feedback to each other... right???

So far i only meet two of you guys, Jeremy n Cicak. Oh n one more... Yansei
Gunshead, must meet up leh... u seem expert... Come on Raider riders... lets meet up... heehee sound like one political party spokesperson trying to give words of encouragement to his fellow people... wahhahaha... but really serious serious... lets meet up...

cicak
24-05-2010, 06:16 PM
Yo Bros...

How bout we meet up for chit chat? this weekend is long weekend right???
Then meybe can take a look at each others' bikes and ask for opinion n advisee n give feedback to each other... right???

So far i only meet two of you guys, Jeremy n Cicak. Oh n one more... Yansei
Gunshead, must meet up leh... u seem expert... Come on Raider riders... lets meet up... heehee sound like one political party spokesperson trying to give words of encouragement to his fellow people... wahhahaha... but really serious serious... lets meet up...

Im ON!

Contact me at 93362623.

gunshead
26-05-2010, 09:26 AM
I am ON

but saturday 29 may from 8 till 9pm cannot cause me riding with raider to pontian for wantan mee

dragsterwish
27-05-2010, 05:34 PM
Hi,

I just bought my used Raider and enjoy every minute of it. Could you send me the parts catalog and lobang for accessories and servicing in Singapore? Thanks.

Vincent
(aka Dragsterwish)

cicak
27-05-2010, 05:46 PM
Hi,

I just bought my used Raider and enjoy every minute of it. Could you send me the parts catalog and lobang for accessories and servicing in Singapore? Thanks.

Vincent
(aka Dragsterwish)

Welcome to the club!

cicak
27-05-2010, 05:54 PM
I have an idea!

Since it's quite hard to source out parts for Raider, why dont we have an outing to Suzuki SC where bro Gunshead purchase his stuff? So next time we can all know where to go for parts. Gunshead can become our tour guide :angel:

dragsterwish
28-05-2010, 01:17 AM
Welcome to the club!

Thanks! Hope to revive the Raider spirit! And share lobang! ; )

MisledSoulRider
29-05-2010, 11:09 AM
Raider Bros!!! Meet up tonight??? say ard 1030pm onwards? we wait for Gunshead to come back from pontian... go makan n maybe go dam after??? Sms me at 81912019... Open to anyone riding Raider or interested to just meet up...

dragsterwish
30-05-2010, 10:50 PM
Hi guys, any one of you have experience with throttle hesitation at low rpm?
At rpm up to about 6k, the throttle is very laggy and once above 6k, the power returns.

Is it problem with carb setting (too lean) or dirty injector or spark plug?

gunshead
31-05-2010, 10:31 PM
dragsterwish,

i do not know the meaning of 'hesitation' in your sentence referring to.
However, all raiders not very smmoth at gear 3 and gear 4 if go very very slow. this bike is designed to sppeeeeeddddddd

I suppose it is the design of bike with the small CV carb.

Anyway, hard to explain or eloborate here

how about we all RAIDERS join and then swap bikes and test . better picture of real Raider

dragsterwish
01-06-2010, 03:32 PM
Hi Gunshead,

Low Throttle hesitation is quite a common problem. It means that when u open throttle at low rpm to move off, the power doesn't come instantly but seems to hesitate a bit before it gradually delivers power. As rpm climbs pass 5k, the power returns and the bike surge ahead. This hesitation makes the raider rides like a 2-stroke bike. At lower rpm below 5k, the engine sometimes sputter a bit when i cruise at 3-4k rpm. Do you guys experience this? I normally cruise my raider at low rpm and enter the high rpm zone during acceleration or overtaking.

I thot its b'cos the engine is tuned for higher rpm power and that's why the lower rpm power seems a bit weak.

Maybe u were right, the raider is designed to speeeeeeddd.... it somehow doesn't like low rpm running.

cicak
02-06-2010, 12:18 PM
Hi Gunshead,

Low Throttle hesitation is quite a common problem. It means that when u open throttle at low rpm to move off, the power doesn't come instantly but seems to hesitate a bit before it gradually delivers power. As rpm climbs pass 5k, the power returns and the bike surge ahead. This hesitation makes the raider rides like a 2-stroke bike. At lower rpm below 5k, the engine sometimes sputter a bit when i cruise at 3-4k rpm. Do you guys experience this? I normally cruise my raider at low rpm and enter the high rpm zone during acceleration or overtaking.

I thot its b'cos the engine is tuned for higher rpm power and that's why the lower rpm power seems a bit weak.

Maybe u were right, the raider is designed to speeeeeeddd.... it somehow doesn't like low rpm running.

Im experiencing the same problem. Think its normal though. Im using aftermarket pipe header n stock airfilter, which might be the cause. Not enough air intake to supply the high air flow. Gonna change to openpod air filter n see the outcome soon.

dragsterwish
05-06-2010, 12:19 AM
Im experiencing the same problem. Think its normal though. Im using aftermarket pipe header n stock airfilter, which might be the cause. Not enough air intake to supply the high air flow. Gonna change to openpod air filter n see the outcome soon.

Wow, fierce setup you've there! I sent my Raider back to the workshop for checkup. The mechanic changed the Carb Diaphgram and it solved the problem! Now the low rpm response is very smooth; feels like a new bike!

I kinda like the original pipe's exhaust sound. Heard the aftermarket pipe and it didn't sound as sporty. So i'm keeping to stock. vroom!

gunshead
05-06-2010, 08:37 AM
how much diapghram and the labour cost ?

cicak
05-06-2010, 11:18 AM
Wow, fierce setup you've there! I sent my Raider back to the workshop for checkup. The mechanic changed the Carb Diaphgram and it solved the problem! Now the low rpm response is very smooth; feels like a new bike!

I kinda like the original pipe's exhaust sound. Heard the aftermarket pipe and it didn't sound as sporty. So i'm keeping to stock. vroom!

Bro, which workshop u went to? They have spares for raider is it?