View Full Version : Buying a Van

ManInWhite
01-01-2007, 11:07 PM
Hi all,

Having read so many accidents happening, I feel like changing to a Van.
Checkup the installment is about $490 now for 7years for Renault Kangoo.
Very headache now as thinking hard about whether to get a Van or not.
Anyone has any experience having a Van or otherwise know about all the cost involved?

Any ideas and comments?
Hope to hear many views from my fellow bikers here.
Any comment will be appreciated.
Thanks!

retro
01-01-2007, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by ManInWhite@Jan 1 2007, 11:07 PM
Hi all,

Anyone has any experience having a Van or otherwise know about all the cost involved?

Any ideas and comments?
Thanks!
you need to first have a registered company...

who_noe
01-01-2007, 11:12 PM
wat make u so sure tat driving a van u wont kena accident?

cos van can only go up to 70km/h,can u stand the ZZZ monster finding u when u driving home late at nite?

retro
01-01-2007, 11:15 PM
i think wat the threadstarter meant was.. if a person on bike and the other on van, both accident, the one on bike will sustain more injuries... thus he's thinking of getting a van.. actually i also need to buy a car already... sigh... if only i can sell my bike and not lose too much... :sweat:

Ah James
01-01-2007, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by ManInWhite@Jan 1 2007, 11:07 PM
Hi all,

Any ideas and comments?
Thanks!
NO!!!!! U will regret!!!!!

1st.. the fuel comsumption is horrible!!!!

2nd.. Raining is a hell as Kangroo are very very thin and soft metal.. the sound of raindrop hitting ur van is worse than old woman nagging.. if accident.. u think kangroo can survive? I am not bull shitting.. i can give a dent on the body with just 1 punch!!!!

3rd.. the maintain is more chor than a normal sedan car (average servicing 1 time is $1000)

4th.. corning at 60km, u can feel that the whole van is abt to overturn

5th.. its a european vehical.. the signal and control are oppo from local car

6th.. engine is good.. consider the fastest and most powerful mini van but the timing belt.. hahaha.. also toking abt 4digit when u wnana change

Why i know so much? Coz i own 1....

who_noe
01-01-2007, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Ah James@Jan 1 2007, 11:18 PM

2nd.. Raining is a hell as Kangroo are very very thin and soft metal.. the sound of raindrop hitting ur van is worse than old woman nagging

3rd.. the maintain is more chor than a normal sedan car (average servicing 1 time is $1000)

hmm..how come my kangoo doesnt sound so bad as urs :sweat:

god $1k so expensive meh? tat is when u going for the 60k when u god to change the timing belt? :confused:

Ah James
01-01-2007, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by who_noe@Jan 1 2007, 11:20 PM

god $1k so expensive meh? tat is when u going for the 60k when u god to change the timing belt? :confused:
My servicing all done at Renualt (Toa Pahayo)

Or u got any good shop to recommand?

This week, my CD player also gone case liao.. dashboard there gt weird knocking sounding (when engine is off but the power is on)

When travel at 70km.. gt wind sound... majaim window din close tight like tat..

where u go repair and srvicing? Pls intro mi.. i wanna give up this van liao.. coz its sucking mi dry!!

who_noe
01-01-2007, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by Ah James@Jan 1 2007, 11:24 PM
My servicing all done at Renualt (Toa Pahayo)

Or u got any good shop to recommand?

This week, my CD player also gone case liao.. dashboard there gt weird knocking sounding (when engine is off but the power is on)

When travel at 70km.. gt wind sound... majaim window din close tight like tat..

where u go repair and srvicing? Pls intro mi.. i wanna give up this van liao.. coz its sucking mi dry!!
my right speaker is gone..

my audio is using after market 1 :sweat:

use 1year+ only clock 14k milage :lol:

maybe u can try kangoo club forum to try best service around..
http://kangooclub.gotcanyons.net/

archenemy
01-01-2007, 11:30 PM
i have seen people getting 800km or more per $50 of diesel on a combo..

and where is this toa pahayo?

kangoo is known to be the most problematic vehicle around...the older ones at least...

most powerful? try beating a opel combo or vw caddy...

did u mention that the road tax & insurance is cheaper than a normal sedan?

and did you also mention that the generous cargo space that a eurovan can offer?

all your complains only serve to show that the kangoo is indeed the most problematic eurovan around...

who_noe
01-01-2007, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by archenemy@Jan 1 2007, 11:30 PM
i have seen people getting 800km or more per $50 of diesel on a combo..

kangoo is known to be the most problematic vehicle around...the older ones at least...

most powerful? try beating a opel combo or vw caddy...

did u mention that the road tax & insurance is cheaper than a normal sedan?

and did you also mention that the generous cargo space that a eurovan can offer?

all your complains only serve to show that the kangoo is indeed the most problematic eurovan around...
kangoo is the least power among the euro van..

but i dun mind..n i still enjoy my kangoo... :lovestruck:

who_noe
01-01-2007, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by archenemy@Jan 1 2007, 11:30 PM

lor 8.beside subaru showroom

Ah James
02-01-2007, 12:03 AM
:goodluck:

Thanks

ManInWhite
02-01-2007, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by retro@Jan 1 2007, 11:09 PM
you need to first have a registered company...
I have just registered a company.

:smile:

ManInWhite
02-01-2007, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by Ah James@Jan 1 2007, 11:18 PM

2nd.. Raining is a hell as Kangroo are very very thin and soft metal.. the sound of raindrop hitting ur van is worse than old woman nagging.. if accident.. u think kangroo can survive? I am not bull shitting.. i can give a dent on the body with just 1 punch!!!!

5th.. its a european vehical.. the signal and control are oppo from local car

6th.. engine is good.. consider the fastest and most powerful mini van but the timing belt.. hahaha.. also toking abt 4digit when u wnana change

1k per maintainance? So Ex?
I heard is only about $250?

Timing Belt so Ex ??
How come? Is there any place that is cheaper?

ManInWhite
02-01-2007, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by who_noe@Jan 1 2007, 11:20 PM

Hi How much did you spend for your maintainance of your Kangoo?

archenemy
02-01-2007, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by who_noe@Jan 1 2007, 11:31 PM
kangoo is the least power among the euro van..

but i dun mind..n i still enjoy my kangoo... :lovestruck:
thats great man....

remember we have a date once i get my combo ah....

archenemy
02-01-2007, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by who_noe@Jan 1 2007, 11:31 PM
lor 8.beside subaru showroom
i believe it should be spelt as Toa Payoh...

i thought he went to southern thailand to do his servicing!

ManInWhite
02-01-2007, 01:51 AM
Does it mean that getting a Combo or Caddy is better?
Does anyone know the prices of these?
Where is the showroom or the Combo and Caddy?

What about Citrioen? Or Peuguet?
Any comments?

I just feel that Van is safely than bike bah and also because of the weather as I need to travel on the road very often ( about 350 to 400 click every week).

nickcstan
02-01-2007, 01:54 AM
buying a van is not a bad idea. lots of space behind. very flexible on what you can do. carry stuff. picnic in your van, changing room. even just sitting in the back of your van with your legs hanging out is really fun.
good and bad
if diesel, road tax high, consumption for diesel is really good. roughly double your petrol mileage (mine petrol, consumption average), kangoo lots of problems(mainly manufacturing defects, but agent is quite good usually will rectify the problem without charge and hassles as long as below 60kmileage), 60k servicing killer about 1k. true that very noisy when raining. not really true that body is soft. my rx8 just as soft. cornering of course feel scary cos suspension soft as it is made to carry goods. if you want to corner fast then lower your suspension can liao. also a bit irritating when you go fast on highway, but you will get used to eat. if you want to buy, buy now cos coe $1. but if you aare looking for car in the 50k range, please do it. although i like my kangoo, i'd rather drive a car minus the fun things i get to do with my kangoo. give the new VW and fiat a try. they're newer models and really nice especially the fiat. its huge ad seem comfortable.

archenemy
02-01-2007, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by ManInWhite@Jan 2 2007, 01:45 AM
1k per maintainance? So Ex?
I heard is only about $250?

Timing Belt so Ex ??
How come? Is there any place that is cheaper?
i checked with my company's mechanics...

it will cost around $200+ for the timing belt...i just have to give them some kopi money for the labour...

the coolant pump will cost around $500, to be changed every 2 years or so...

and the pulley system will cost around $200+....to be changed around 2 years also...

normal servicing...changing of engine oil...topping up of coolant & all other fluids...only cost less than $100....at my company lah....

archenemy
02-01-2007, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by ManInWhite@Jan 2 2007, 01:51 AM

Any comments?

I just feel that Van is safely than bike bah and also because of the weather as I need to travel on the road very often ( about 350 to 400 click every week).
combo you have to go to triangle auto...

peugeot is rather good too...just that the engine is rather weak...and its french...drove it for its 1st 4000+km when my company bought 1...consumption was about 700km per 42 litres..

400km a week is nothing...i hit that in 3 days....

archenemy
02-01-2007, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by nickcstan@Jan 2 2007, 01:54 AM
buying a van is not a bad idea. lots of space behind. very flexible on what you can do. carry stuff. picnic in your van, changing room. even just sitting in the back of your van with your legs hanging out is really fun.
good and bad
if diesel, road tax high, consumption for diesel is really good. roughly double your petrol mileage (mine petrol, consumption average), kangoo lots of problems(mainly manufacturing defects, but agent is quite good usually will rectify the problem without charge and hassles as long as below 60kmileage), 60k servicing killer about 1k. true that very noisy when raining. not really true that body is soft. my rx8 just as soft. cornering of course feel scary cos suspension soft as it is made to carry goods. if you want to corner fast then lower your suspension can liao. also a bit irritating when you go fast on highway, but you will get used to eat. if you want to buy, buy now cos coe $1. but if you aare looking for car in the 50k range, please do it. although i like my kangoo, i'd rather drive a car minus the fun things i get to do with my kangoo. give the new VW and fiat a try. they're newer models and really nice especially the fiat. its huge ad seem comfortable.
the agents are not going to pass on the savings of the $1 COE to you...

when the COE was $8000...combo was $38,000

with the COE now $1....the combo is only $34,400...

noisy? get sound proofing lor!

ManInWhite
02-01-2007, 03:34 AM
Originally posted by archenemy@Jan 2 2007, 01:57 AM
i checked with my company's mechanics...

it will cost around $200+ for the timing belt...i just have to give them some kopi money for the labour...

the coolant pump will cost around $500, to be changed every 2 years or so...

and the pulley system will cost around $200+....to be changed around 2 years also...

normal servicing...changing of engine oil...topping up of coolant & all other fluids...only cost less than $100....at my company lah....
what is your company doing?
Vehicles servicing?

MiCmAsTa
02-01-2007, 03:36 AM
Moving this to 4 wheelers

who_noe
02-01-2007, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by ManInWhite@Jan 2 2007, 01:51 AM

Any comments?

well,the new cabby dun look as nice as the old 1..

the old cabby the most powerful of all :bow:

who_noe
02-01-2007, 09:15 AM
n i think wat is the use of ur van ba

leisure or business?

for me,i juz drive for leisure so i god a kangoo(okie,i be honest,it cheap mah!!)

so far i didnt get any problem other than the back light spoil which they fix for me.

n i didnt get a heartpain when 1 fooker bang onto my side(juz a small dent,realise it when i walking to carpark take my van). cos at least not a car...phew..think it look more rugged? :sweat: :cheeky:

Lion
02-01-2007, 02:46 PM
Thought of getting a eurovan also leh... but dunno which is good in terms of value for money.

So far, I like VW Caddy and Citroen Berlingo... HOw does the Combo look like ar? :cheeky:

who_noe
02-01-2007, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Lion@January 02, 2007 02:46 pm
Thought of getting a eurovan also leh... but dunno which is good in terms of value for money.

So far, I like VW Caddy and Citroen Berlingo... HOw does the Combo look like ar? :cheeky:
almost the same as kangoo ba

archenemy
02-01-2007, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by ManInWhite@January 02, 2007 03:34 am
what is your company doing?
Vehicles servicing?
my company does vehicle servicing among its activities....

its core business is the black thingy that comes into contact with the ground...

archenemy
02-01-2007, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by who_noe@January 02, 2007 09:12 am

caddy lah bro....

caddy.....

who_noe
03-01-2007, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by archenemy@January 02, 2007 11:14 pm
caddy lah bro....

caddy.....
:P

sorry :cheeky:

Mathsboy
03-01-2007, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by who_noe@January 02, 2007 09:15 am
n i think wat is the use of ur van ba

leisure or business?

for me,i juz drive for leisure so i god a kangoo(okie,i be honest,it cheap mah!!)

so far i didnt get any problem other than the back light spoil which they fix for me.

n i didnt get a heartpain when 1 fooker bang onto my side(juz a small dent,realise it when i walking to carpark take my van). cos at least not a car...phew..think it look more rugged? :sweat: :cheeky:

I thought of getting one mostly as a transport for work.
I'm doing my own business so-called so need to travel around everyday.
Has been using Bike but everyday has to suffered because of the weather.
Sometime have to arrived at appointment with sweaty body or drenched clothes.
So thought of getting a Van for work.

Anyone can give some feedback for Fiat and Combo? Coz their price is about the same now.

Mathsboy
03-01-2007, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by who_noe@January 02, 2007 09:12 am

U know how much is the new Caddy cost?

Energizer
03-01-2007, 03:33 AM
sorry to ask.... i heard tat this kind of van there is a turbo engine desil. But i don knw which model and brand can kindly tell mi coze mi aso going to buy one.....:sweat:

And fiat this model is good anot... can give mi some advice.....:confused:

fooz
03-01-2007, 07:53 PM
dun forget thrs also merz vito.

aniway, other den kangoo being problematic.
wat are the known faults for VW caddy, fiat doblo n pegueot partner?
im int in the above 3.

how do u guys, wiv vans, sit pple at the back? on the floor,? i noe of pple installin sofa thou.

limbat
03-01-2007, 08:29 PM
There is another 2 other choices - Ford Connect at S$33,800 & Fiat Doblo at S$34,200 (wif 4 additional glass windows for the rear). The Fiat Doblo is the European Van of the Year 2006. :lovestruck: :lovestruck:

who_noe
03-01-2007, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by fooz@January 03, 2007 07:53 pm

im int in the above 3.

how do u guys, wiv vans, sit pple at the back? on the floor,? i noe of pple installin sofa thou.
put sofa than god to evern more drive slowly n careful le...cos if u jam brake..pple behind sure thrown to the front.

for me.my friends juz sit on the carpet :sweat:

who_noe
03-01-2007, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by kwkivan@January 03, 2007 03:33 am
sorry to ask.... i heard tat this kind of van there is a turbo engine desil. But i don knw which model and brand can kindly tell mi coze mi aso going to buy one.....:sweat:

And fiat this model is good anot... can give mi some advice.....:confused:
kangoo has a tiny little turbo..caddy n combo have abit more than kangoo

let juz say i dun like the fiat design :sweat:

archenemy
03-01-2007, 11:22 PM
VW...being VW....is a very well made van...no doubts about that....engine is good...body is sturdy...

as for peugeot...its lacking in the power dept..but i must say when i drove it for 1 month..it was a great ride...comfortable...and enough nooks & crannies to put your barang barang...

consumption is not really fantastic though....45 litres of diesel gets you ard 700km...depending on your driving style..

i went for the combo because of the reviews that it got...and its the least problematic van...according to a lot of eurovan drivers...

and it has turbo....not that im going to whack it..but its always good to have some power at times...

archenemy
03-01-2007, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by fooz@January 03, 2007 07:53 pm

im int in the above 3.

yup...sofas if you want...or just ask them to sit on the floor lor...

they are getting a free ride! what do they want? an armchair with a glass of champagne?

PS pls do not say that to your family members...

& i might put bean bags or those foldable beach chairs in my ride when i get it...save space also...

who_noe
03-01-2007, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by archenemy@January 03, 2007 11:26 pm
yup...sofas if you want...or just ask them to sit on the floor lor...

they are getting a free ride! what do they want? an armchair with a glass of champagne?

PS pls do not say that to your family members...

& i might put bean bags or those foldable beach chairs in my ride when i get it...save space also...
my buddy gf will automatic lie on the carpet n auto fall asleep within 10 mins after i switch the fan.. :faint:

cant imagine i put a sofa behind...

archenemy
03-01-2007, 11:55 PM
bro..u have a fan behind?

how much did u do it for?

who_noe
03-01-2007, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by archenemy@January 03, 2007 11:55 pm
bro..u have a fan behind?

how much did u do it for?
than is $30 plus ba..forgotten le... :sweat:

cos they always complain behind is hot..so install for them lor...

i welfare mah... :puke:

fooz
04-01-2007, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by who_noe@January 03, 2007 11:52 pm
my buddy gf will automatic lie on the carpet n auto fall asleep within 10 mins after i switch the fan.. :faint:

cant imagine i put a sofa behind...
gf lie on the carpet... woo.... tts a sign la, bro...
hah , jz kidding....

aniway, its tt hot in the rear? the aircon cant reach the back?
beanbag is pretty gd idea. looks cosy.

who_noe
04-01-2007, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by fooz@January 04, 2007 07:53 pm
gf lie on the carpet... woo.... tts a sign la, bro...
hah , jz kidding....

aniway, its tt hot in the rear? the aircon cant reach the back?
beanbag is pretty gd idea. looks cosy.
yup..the airflow will take around 15 to half hour to cool the back area?

Energizer
04-01-2007, 10:09 PM
kangoo has a tiny little turbo..caddy n combo have abit more than kangoo

let juz say i dun like the fiat design

Y fiat no gd..... can tell mi more coze i like to gather more information b4 i buy..... thank u.....:cheeky:

who_noe
04-01-2007, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by kwkivan@January 04, 2007 10:09 pm

Y fiat no gd..... can tell mi more coze i like to gather more information b4 i buy..... thank u.....:cheeky:
i never say no good leh

i say i dun like the design of the fiat...look so weird :sweat:

Energizer
04-01-2007, 10:32 PM
i never say no good leh

i say i dun like the design of the fiat...look so weird

OIC.... Sorri coze i nw blur blur this is my first time buy car or van don knw anything.......:sweat:

archenemy
06-01-2007, 05:23 PM
fiat ok lah....

i gave it a pass because there werent many 2nd hand ones on the market...if i were to buy it...it would be a new 1....

so i went for combo instead...

fooz
06-01-2007, 08:14 PM
combo gt 2 types rite? cdt and smething else rite?
wats the diff?
u r driving which one?

archenemy
06-01-2007, 10:34 PM
dti & cdti

diesel turbo injection & common rail diesel turbo injection...difference? dont know..havent find out....haahaa

the newer euro4 combos are cdti...factory fitted sports rims & 4 disc brakes with ABS....

& oh yes...if its not factory fitted sports rims...you are not supposed to fit sports rims...even if its the same size...

mine will be dti...

who_noe
06-01-2007, 11:32 PM
COE remain at $1 :giddy:

archenemy
07-01-2007, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by who_noe@January 06, 2007 11:32 pm
COE remain at $1 :giddy:
haha...and there is a debate in the forum pages of the Straits Times about the shortage of euro4 compliant vehicles...haahaa...

who_noe
07-01-2007, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by archenemy@January 07, 2007 12:36 am
haha...and there is a debate in the forum pages of the Straits Times about the shortage of euro4 compliant vehicles...haahaa...
i dun think still shortage ba..

i think is bcos no body is buying the old stock? hmm

archenemy
07-01-2007, 01:11 PM
oh well....let them debate lah...doesnt matter to me also..im also not buying a new van...haahaa...

going to collect my van on wednesday if nothing goes wrong! cross fingers......

who_noe
07-01-2007, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by archenemy@January 07, 2007 01:11 pm
oh well....let them debate lah...doesnt matter to me also..im also not buying a new van...haahaa...

i bought mine new... :sian:

anyway any place to see n buy speakers?thinking of JBL brand...my front right speaker gone le.. :weep:

archenemy
07-01-2007, 05:24 PM
sim lim tower lor...

my office also have...going to get an amp & sub woofer for my ride...

maybe JBL also...haahaa...

ManInWhite
08-01-2007, 03:48 AM
Hi all,
I have already book the Citroen Berlingo Van.
Seems not bad.
The salesman told me FC is 18km/L
So full tank can go more than 1000 km.
Suit my appetite ...hehee (hope that it true)

The Salesman not bad too. Give me a discount and add a few things.
Such as 2 Glass Panel, Insulation (so that I will get less noise during raining time and not that hot during "Hot Sun shining time")
If any of you guy interested can let me know I will past u the contact.

ah_neng
08-01-2007, 09:49 AM
commonrail is the latest diesel injection technology... it saves more fuel and more powerful...

fooz
08-01-2007, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by archenemy@January 07, 2007 01:11 pm

how much ?

commonrail is the latest diesel injection technology... it saves more fuel and more powerful...
ok, so cdti is so-called "better"..
thks..
wonder wats the price diff bet the dti n cdti..

archenemy
08-01-2007, 10:41 PM
bought it at $22,000, 2.5 year combo...

not to mention the new combos come with 4 disc brakes and ABS.

Got this from another forum..

Adv of cdti over dti
1. The Front bumper is different
2. Painted Side mirror, Front bumper & rear bumper
3. Sports Rims
4. More powerful Engine

Adv Dti over Cdti
1. More mileage

disclaimer..this is not my words...its from someone more experienced..

Aldric
11-01-2007, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by archenemy@January 08, 2007 10:41 pm

Adv of cdti over dti
3. Sports Rims
4. More powerful Engine

Adv Dti over Cdti
1. More mileage

u paid full cash or reloan ?

archenemy
12-01-2007, 09:18 PM
paid in full..

bluesea01
12-01-2007, 10:04 PM
Hi guys, can somebody kindly give me some advice.

1. Does a commerical vehicle like combo opel van have parf value like a car if you scarp it after 10yrs?

2. How much is the rd tax per year?

3. How much is the major servicing cost and at what miliage?

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Aldric
14-01-2007, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by bluesea01@January 12, 2007 10:04 pm
Hi guys, can somebody kindly give me some advice.

1. Does a commerical vehicle like combo opel van have parf value like a car if you scarp it after 10yrs?

2. How much is the rd tax per year?

3. How much is the major servicing cost and at what miliage?

Thanks in advance for the advice.
1) no parf value for goods vehicle .. scrap the body
2) 500 per for diesel and 400 per year for petrol type
3) major service should be at interval of 60k km or 3 yr which ever come first . cost i guess 500 or more

archenemy
14-01-2007, 08:09 PM
it will depend on the brand...

for eurovans, eg kangoo, combo, partner...it will be costlier...my mechs told me it will cost ard $500+ per 50,000km for the pulley system and water pump...

$200+ for the timing belt per 60,000km..

guess japanese vans will cost lesser...

niterider929
14-01-2007, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by ManInWhite@January 02, 2007 01:42 am
I have just registered a company.

:smile:
Once u register a company, u can buy 1 van rite away or u haf 2 produce company's income b4 allow 2 purchase a van? :smile:

who_noe
14-01-2007, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by niterider929@January 14, 2007 10:46 pm
Once u register a company, u can buy 1 van rite away or u haf 2 produce company's income b4 allow 2 purchase a van? :smile:
once ur company is approve can buy ur van liao

Aldric
15-01-2007, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by who_noe@January 14, 2007 11:20 pm
once ur company is approve can buy ur van liao
bro , u bought it for personal usage ? as for me yes , i just reg a company and then no starting the business ? annually i heard i got to report a form to the government , and pay for a certain amount for the cpf izzit ?

does any one here know about it ?

who_noe
15-01-2007, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by Aldric@January 15, 2007 12:20 am
bro , u bought it for personal usage ? as for me yes , i just reg a company and then no starting the business ? annually i heard i got to report a form to the government , and pay for a certain amount for the cpf izzit ?

yes i god it as a personal van.

as i am consider self employed for my job..so i think i wont have any problem :smile:

cpf i think is 1 year $540

who_noe
15-01-2007, 11:07 PM
any 1 noe the formula for breaking even? :confused:

archenemy
15-01-2007, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by niterider929@January 14, 2007 10:46 pm
if u have to take a loan...they will want to look at your company accounts...if you are a new setup...you wont have any accounts to show...

if its a new setup...they would want a guarantor who is earning at least $30,000 per annum...

so be like me! buy it full cash...problem solved...

archenemy
16-01-2007, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by Aldric@January 15, 2007 12:20 am

that is called the income tax form....every working adult has to submit...but most companies do it on your behalf if you are an employee...

so now you are your own "boss", you have to do it yourself...

and yes...you have to pay a continuing registration fee for your business every year...$20..

most importantly...you have to keep a set of accounts for your company....

medisave contributions is $500 i think....initial set up...

after that...its according to what you earn...

correct me if im worng...

Aldric
16-01-2007, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by archenemy@January 16, 2007 12:00 am
that is called the income tax form....every working adult has to submit...but most companies do it on your behalf if you are an employee...

so now you are your own "boss", you have to do it yourself...

and yes...you have to pay a continuing registration fee for your business every year...$20..

most importantly...you have to keep a set of accounts for your company....

medisave contributions is $500 i think....initial set up...

after that...its according to what you earn...

correct me if im worng...
ok thanks for the info ... i also got mine as personal usage ..

bluesea01
16-01-2007, 08:48 PM
Can any kind bro out there give an example so that it is much clear.

thanks in advance.

archenemy
16-01-2007, 11:08 PM
example of?

Aldric
18-01-2007, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by archenemy@January 16, 2007 11:08 pm
example of?
bro u know where can do lowering for suspension and how much is the labour if let say i got the suspension myself

who_noe
19-01-2007, 12:01 AM
juz realised i finished paying up my van interest already :cheeky:

paiseh
19-01-2007, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by archenemy@January 08, 2007 10:41 pm

Adv of cdti over dti
3. Sports Rims
4. More powerful Engine

Adv Dti over Cdti
1. More mileage

My best fren is selling opel vehicles. he has a combo as a transport given by company. he salesman need to travel alot.

anyway, he floored the pedal 80% of the time. i sat b4, pick up is superb, it has the punch tat almost all saloon cars do not haf. engine is quiet.

best part is, he still gets 16km/litre min. really superb fuel consumption along with the power it provides.

i might get one end of this yr. will get all the goodies from him since he my best fren ahahha

bluroblur
19-01-2007, 11:58 AM
490? y don get a combo...at 510+?

kangoo maintanence high...u wanna know...call up service centre of kangoo...make them tell u the maintenance price...u will know...

Ask arch...combo shiok huh, gotta meet u up 1 day...pass u the policy dude!!!

archenemy
19-01-2007, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Aldric@January 18, 2007 04:37 pm
bro u know where can do lowering for suspension and how much is the labour if let say i got the suspension myself
i know i can do it at my workshop lah...

but i dont know how much they will charge me...or whether they will charge me at all...afterall..its only labour...

Aldric
19-01-2007, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by archenemy@January 19, 2007 03:17 pm
i know i can do it at my workshop lah...

but i dont know how much they will charge me...or whether they will charge me at all...afterall..its only labour...
really so gd arh
lolx .. intro me lei .. hahas

bro can help me a favour if u went down ur workshop can check the cost for the eibach spring .. and labour charge .. i intend to lower down my van .. too bumby and feel unsafe i know somewhere has it but their charges is abit ex to me .

archenemy
20-01-2007, 10:33 AM
different leh..im a staff here...a lot of things i talk to the mechanic can already...no money needed...

ayuluv
20-01-2007, 10:36 AM
dat means if gonna register a company of ur own, gonna pay cpf + medisave besides the company registration fee ah...

archenemy
20-01-2007, 10:41 AM
yup...everything is your your own...

paiseh
20-01-2007, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by ayuluv@January 20, 2007 10:36 am
dat means if gonna register a company of ur own, gonna pay cpf + medisave besides the company registration fee ah...
u can set up a company via online, its easy :) if u wan i can slowly tell u

ayuluv
20-01-2007, 01:53 PM
haha.. thnx guys.. glade all are so helpful.. kinda new to commercial cars" hehe =p

i read the singapore classified for cars and commercial cars.. opel combo really sell fast wor.. haha :cheeky:

archenemy
20-01-2007, 04:48 PM
if you were to look at percentage...i believe a good 25 to 30% of eurovans will be combos...

followed by kangoo....

citroen & peugeot is actually the same lah...

who_noe
20-01-2007, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by archenemy@January 20, 2007 10:33 am
different leh..im a staff here...a lot of things i talk to the mechanic can already...no money needed...
wah...can go ur workshop for servicing bo? :D

archenemy
21-01-2007, 01:16 PM
can...but what i pay may be lower than what you pay..cos they know which is my van...

paiseh
22-01-2007, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by archenemy@January 20, 2007 04:48 pm
if you were to look at percentage...i believe a good 25 to 30% of eurovans will be combos...

followed by kangoo....

citroen & peugeot is actually the same lah...
a 1 or 2 months time, opel will the best selling followed by Fiat. :smile:

archenemy
22-01-2007, 10:42 PM
seeing an increasing number of doblos on the road now....

quite a nice van if you ask me...very good squarish cargo area...good for those who really want a big cargo area...

paiseh
23-01-2007, 02:23 AM
the only plus point is the storage space.

but if one was to buy a van for transport purpose, combo would be good,.

if one was to buy a van to carry goods, many goods with a cover to protect the goods apart from lorries, fiat will be a better choice

Aldric
24-01-2007, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by archenemy@January 21, 2007 01:16 pm
can...but what i pay may be lower than what you pay..cos they know which is my van...
where ur shop ? they do service for kangoo anot ... got friend rate anot ? lolx

archenemy
24-01-2007, 11:00 PM
its not my shop lah aiyoh....

okok...i shall let it out...i work in stamford tyres...

bluroblur
30-01-2007, 03:53 PM
haha...

who_noe
08-02-2007, 11:25 PM
hmmm i planning to add a amp to my green turtle

only considering should i put speaker or sub at the back.

any advise? :confused:

archenemy
09-02-2007, 11:56 AM
whats your original configuration now?

tweeters?

components? how many you have?

paiseh
09-02-2007, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by who_noe@February 08, 2007 11:25 pm
hmmm i planning to add a amp to my green turtle

only considering should i put speaker or sub at the back.

any advise? :confused:
go dam blast ah? ahhahah :cheeky:

who_noe
09-02-2007, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by archenemy@February 09, 2007 11:56 am
whats your original configuration now?

tweeters?

components? how many you have?
stock.. :lol:

slowly add mah :sweat:

archenemy
09-02-2007, 10:57 PM
stock meaning what?

my combo stock is a pair of tweeters, a pair of 4.5 inch components in front...and a pair at the back also...

yours?

ermintham
09-02-2007, 11:37 PM
if my dad's van is registered under his company..

but i take it for a spin with my friends and all....and i meet a road block....will anything happen to me?

coz by rite the van muz be for goods or workers....am i right?

who_noe
10-02-2007, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by archenemy@February 09, 2007 10:57 pm
stock meaning what?

my combo stock is a pair of tweeters, a pair of 4.5 inch components in front...and a pair at the back also...

yours?
stock as in when i buy the new van it come wif it lor

think is only a 4.5 speaker in front nia

archenemy
10-02-2007, 11:05 AM
no tweeters?

only a head unit & a pair of 4.5?

archenemy
10-02-2007, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by ermintham@February 09, 2007 11:37 pm

but i take it for a spin with my friends and all....and i meet a road block....will anything happen to me?

depends on how strict they want to be...

ermintham
10-02-2007, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by archenemy@February 10, 2007 11:06 am
depends on how strict they want to be...
Ok....but the last statement is true rite?

who_noe
10-02-2007, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by archenemy@February 10, 2007 11:05 am
no tweeters?

only a head unit & a pair of 4.5?
ya.. :sweat:

ermintham
10-02-2007, 01:33 PM
what is combo?

paiseh
12-02-2007, 08:22 AM

shld be safe. i will double confirm for you later this afternoon :D

ermintham
12-02-2007, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by paiseh@February 12, 2007 08:22 am
shld be safe. i will double confirm for you later this afternoon :D
ok thanks paiseh.

paiseh
12-02-2007, 03:05 PM
ok, confirm liao.

grey area. might kena might not kena during rd block. depends on luck :(

ermintham
12-02-2007, 03:09 PM
ah darn...thanks paiseh for clarifyin.

who_noe
12-02-2007, 08:25 PM

hmm i kena road block b4..wif 1 sleeping friend behind... let me pass wif no problem

ermintham
12-02-2007, 09:46 PM
ok im thinking more like a grp...but i guess its really luck and whether they wanna be strict as paiseh mentioned.

ermintham
12-02-2007, 09:46 PM
ok im thinking more like a grp...but i guess its really luck and whether they wanna be strict as paiseh mentioned.

who_noe
13-02-2007, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by ermintham@February 12, 2007 09:46 pm
group?how big?

FYI,the rules are u r allowed to drive at 60km/h if u carrying goods or passenger behind..

ermintham
13-02-2007, 12:02 PM
depends on pax rite.....my parents applied 5 pax i think...but the passsengers means workers rite? not friends hor?

ermintham
13-02-2007, 01:48 PM
today i saw one van with SDX plate....how come ar?

can reg van under the car category?

archenemy
13-02-2007, 11:26 PM
those are petrol driven...private registered cars....not good vehicles...

a good exampe is fiat doblo & panaroma...exactly the same chassis...just that panaroma is a passenger vehicle....

archenemy
13-02-2007, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by ermintham@February 10, 2007 01:33 pm
what is combo?
what is the context of your question?

combo meaning a combination...eg KFC combo meal?

or combo as in opel combo?

bluroblur
14-02-2007, 12:58 PM
ermintham :

u wont get caught, fined or watever if behind the combo is sitting with workers.

Same for non-workers too...can be legal if ur insurance cover the 5Pax behind...

ermintham
14-02-2007, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by archenemy+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ( archenemy)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>what is the context of your question?

combo meaning a combination...eg KFC combo meal?

or combo as in opel combo?[/b]

okok its the van im toking abt...jus saw one at my carpark on the way for lunch...haha so its the model name..lol

<!--QuoteBegin-bluroblur
ermintham :

u wont get caught, fined or watever if behind the combo is sitting with workers.

Same for non-workers too...can be legal if ur insurance cover the 5Pax behind... [/quote]

okay..that&#39;s gd news for me...thanks&#33;

archenemy
16-02-2007, 03:33 PM
:faint:

Exu
14-04-2007, 05:57 PM
any car dealers ard? i&#39;m intending to buy a kangoo..

archenemy
14-04-2007, 09:15 PM
good luck...problematic vehicle..

Dom.C
14-04-2007, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by bluroblur@February 14, 2007 12:58 pm
ermintham :

Same for non-workers too...can be legal if ur insurance cover the 5Pax behind...
For ur info,the number of pax sticker can only be pasted according to the size of the vehicle eg: per person on a certain number of square feet.And it is necessary to buy insurance for the number of pax stated,plus it only applies to the registered company&#39;s workers.It is illegal to ferry non-workers irregardless insurance or no insurance.
Just my 5 cents worth. :sweat:
By the way,Renault Kangoo is really quite a problematic ride.Get a japanese commercial veh,u&#39;ll not regret.

squallgoh
11-05-2007, 01:53 AM
recently got buang by car so considering van.. nt my fault still can get injured..

wad r e steps to do in buying a van for personal use? ie there is no real business?

is a sole proprietorship enuff?

i understand e medisave part.. but if no profit still nid to credit cpf?

is 400 per mth enuff for van, nt counting installment but include everything else, parking, fuel, service, insurance, rd tax, erp etc
sry for noob qn.. thnx in advance

Dom.C
11-05-2007, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by squallgoh@May 11, 2007 01:53 am
recently got buang by car so considering van.. nt my fault still can get injured..

wad r e steps to do in buying a van for personal use? ie there is no real business?

is a sole proprietorship enuff?

i understand e medisave part.. but if no profit still nid to credit cpf?

is 400 per mth enuff for van, nt counting installment but include everything else, parking, fuel, service, insurance, rd tax, erp etc
sry for noob qn.. thnx in advance
Confirm not enuff.Vans might be cheaper than cars,but i tink there isn&#39;t 10 yrs loan.Only 6-7yrs,therefore monthly can hit as hit as &#036;500+.My Liteace is &#036;33,500 n i&#39;m paying &#036;532 per month.Road tax is &#036;263 for 6months,season ticket is &#036;88.20 MSCP,diesel is around &#036;200.So u calculate.
And yes,sole-proprietors can apply for a van but if u 1 2 go according to wat u planned on the tax thingy,bound to get tangled in the law someday.I&#39;ve a fren working as a "tax police".They&#39;re now focusing on Sole proprietors.
Anyway,do whatever u deem fit,juz dun get caught.

archenemy
11-05-2007, 09:57 AM
the problem i forsee if you use a sole proprietorship to buy a van is the loan part. you will have problems applying for the loan...unless you pay full like me..

or..you already have a business registered which in business already...and making money...

yup...even if you have no profits..you will still have to pay the medisave part...

if you have a full time job which is contributing to your medisave then no issue..

most of the things you mentioned are all variables...the more you drive..the more you have to pay...

FYI, my road tax is &#036;500 per year, ie &#036;42 a month, insurance at &#036;900 per year, ie &#036;75 a month, season parking &#036;65 a month, Cashcard roughly &#036;60 a month, parking coupons roughly &#036;20 a month.

thats &#036;262 per month...

depending on your ride...maintenance will vary...i set aside &#036;100 every month for vehicle repairs...every 3 months i will change my engine oil & all other normal items at &#036;120, ie &#036;40 a month...

timing belt and coolant pump roughly every 2 years, ie &#036;650 per 24 months or &#036;28 per month..

tyres roughly &#036;240 per 18 months, or &#036;14 per month...

and of course...your accessories lah...you will be tempted to put reverse camera...sound system...LCD screen...blah blah...this i shall not mention..cos its very much to individual...

all the above mentioned prices are based on my staff price....so it may not reflect the true market rate...

squallgoh
11-05-2007, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by domchj46@May 11, 2007 06:50 am
Confirm not enuff.Vans might be cheaper than cars,but i tink there isn&#39;t 10 yrs loan.Only 6-7yrs,therefore monthly can hit as hit as &#036;500+.My Liteace is &#036;33,500 n i&#39;m paying &#036;532 per month.Road tax is &#036;263 for 6months,season ticket is &#036;88.20 MSCP,diesel is around &#036;200.So u calculate.
And yes,sole-proprietors can apply for a van but if u 1 2 go according to wat u planned on the tax thingy,bound to get tangled in the law someday.I&#39;ve a fren working as a "tax police".They&#39;re now focusing on Sole proprietors.
Anyway,do whatever u deem fit,juz dun get caught.
tinking of full cash for van.. so no installment.. but it seems like will still be much more chor than bike.. no nid pay installment 400 oso like nt enuff.. wad to do...
anw thnx for ur info :smile:
thnx to archenemy too:thumb:

who_noe
01-06-2007, 09:28 PM
die liao..wanted to check my kangoo OMV but i forgotten the userID n password :giddy: :faint:

Dom.C
01-06-2007, 11:59 PM
the problem i forsee if you use a sole proprietorship to buy a van is the loan part. you will have problems applying for the loan...unless you pay full like me..

or..you already have a business registered which in business already...and making money...

yup...even if you have no profits..you will still have to pay the medisave part...

if you have a full time job which is contributing to your medisave then no issue..

most of the things you mentioned are all variables...the more you drive..the more you have to pay...

FYI, my road tax is $500 per year, ie $42 a month, insurance at $900 per year, ie $75 a month, season parking $65 a month, Cashcard roughly $60 a month, parking coupons roughly $20 a month.

thats $262 per month...

depending on your ride...maintenance will vary...i set aside $100 every month for vehicle repairs...every 3 months i will change my engine oil & all other normal items at $120, ie $40 a month...

timing belt and coolant pump roughly every 2 years, ie $650 per 24 months or $28 per month..

tyres roughly $240 per 18 months, or $14 per month...

and of course...your accessories lah...you will be tempted to put reverse camera...sound system...LCD screen...blah blah...this i shall not mention..cos its very much to individual...

all the above mentioned prices are based on my staff price....so it may not reflect the true market rate...
Oh,so ur $400 per month is w/o instalments.Like that can la.Sori,nvr read properly on the ques.
To my surprise,my Liteace OMV is $24k+,very long nvr look at log card.Higher than most cars.

Razgriz
20-06-2007, 02:35 PM
sry ar.. but guys..

can give further details of how i go bout doing paper work for van to go JB.. i understand here got threads liao.. but i still see le blur blur

:cheeky:

can kind soul enlight this noob over here?

gum xia ;)

archenemy
22-06-2007, 04:30 PM
i just got back from malaysia...i entered legally via a special permit with another forum...really pushed my combo to its limits...160kmh!

basically there are a lot of red tape in getting a permit..not to mention the cost....

good luck..

who_noe
22-06-2007, 07:32 PM
i just got back from malaysia...i entered legally via a special permit with another forum...really pushed my combo to its limits...160kmh!

basically there are a lot of red tape in getting a permit..not to mention the cost....

good luck..

eurovan club ah? :confused:

archenemy
23-06-2007, 12:35 AM
yah lor...who else?

really had fun pushing my van to its limits...and also found out its limitations...

and going past s'pore cars was fun!

Nighthawk_250
23-06-2007, 10:43 AM

good luck..

Care to share your views on getting the permit thing?

So far this issue I read a bit here and there really no idea where it borders.

Razgriz
23-06-2007, 10:28 PM
yea.. agree with nighthawks.. can teach how to go bout doing those paperworks etc?

archenemy
24-06-2007, 02:33 PM
im sorry dudes...this is a safely guarded issue among people in the know...this is a open forums..you dont know who is seeing this...

if u seriously want to know....go to eurovanclub website...come down to their weekly meetups to register...and ask the seniors...i also dont know the exact procedure...but i know its quite troublesome..

shadow11
24-06-2007, 11:10 PM
sorry newbie here... would like to get one van for personal use.

i intend to get full loan for a 2nd hand van, est. 20k.
i have register a coy liao.. and its a empty coy.

i am currently working for a coy earning ard 20k / yr. is it possible

1) for me to buy a van for personal use.?
2) how much am i needed to contribute to medisave yearly?
3) must i submit any profit n loss statement to indicate i got a coy and they will renew my coy ?

archenemy
24-06-2007, 11:17 PM
will be hard cos your company is new...a loan might not be approved...

medisave if im not wrong is $500 for self employed...should not be a problem if you have a full time job...cos your employers are contributing it for you too...

yes....IRAS will send you a form to ask you to declare your profit & loss statement..yearly renewal of business registration is $20 if i didnt remember wrongly..

shadow11
24-06-2007, 11:30 PM
so how do i go about it ?

i must pay in full for the 2nd hand van ?

archenemy
25-06-2007, 10:03 AM
check with the agent lah...or whoever you going to buy it from...

shadow11
25-06-2007, 10:13 PM
heard of many pro n cons of the various diff model of " bread" car

kangoo
opel,
combo
perugot

till now still dunno which i am suppose to get. :(

my budget 25k. any advice? i wish to get 2nd hand van which is ard 2005-2006 register one

archenemy
25-06-2007, 10:40 PM
if u do not know..who will?

2 options...go to the different distributors/traders & test drive...

the other? join eurovanclub & go to their meetups...ask the different drivers of different models & decide...

kyojin
31-07-2007, 03:17 AM

Check out this CPF site
http://mycpf.cpf.gov.sg/Self-Employed/Gen-Info/FAQ/se_Medisave.htm

"All self-employed persons who earn a yearly net trade income of more than $6,000 need to contribute to Medisave."

So, if your company is "inactive" ($0 profit), u don't need to contribute to Medisave.