View Full Version : [Info] Thailand : Phuket

Simon Soh
10-03-2004, 11:45 AM
Phuket has the top 10 beaches in Thailand & well known to the world as the Pearl of the South. It is Thailand's largest island and a province in itself.

Phuket has a culture all of its own, combining Chinese and Portuguese influences. Around Phuket are beautiful beaches and islands with unspoiled nature.

Competitive resort hotel rates available from 300baht on off-peak season basis between May to November. Not all budget hotels are installed with air-conditioner. They are easily located & found at any beach, Patong beach is my favorite.

Patong beach has exciting island tour packages, trip to Coral island, Phi Phi island, Phang Nga Bay & Similan Island(one of the most beautiful Island in South East Asia). If you are not into island tours, you could simply rent a 'kup chia' to navigate whole Phuket from only 150baht. A visit to museum, jungle bungy, 'go cart', shooting & etc... You will never got bored, you have my word..

Another place to visit is Phuket town, an excitiing town of shopping for local & tourist. Interesting local food served are really an eye opener.

http://phuket-photoguide.com/images/gallery/09.jpg

Q. How to get there & travelling time..?
A. Few ways; coach, van or flight. Road distance from Hatyai town is approximately less than 500km, about less than 7hrs of ride. Re-conditioned trunks leading to Trang & Krabi province made ride smoother & easier. Need remain alert & enjoy the scenic ride along the way.

Route to use: Phattalung>Trang>Krabi>Phangna>Phuket
Fuel Stops: Trang town Caltex(RON 95) is ideal 1st top up station about 160km from Hatyai, Krabi town(near the pier) Esso(RON95) is next about 145km & about 140km to Phuket province Shell(after Sarasin bridge & airport, before the roundabout) from Krabi.

bobdoom
02-04-2004, 12:27 PM
ive been there twice... the beaches are beautifool... but gals...bad...no good... can rent bike... no helmet fine 10 dollars sing.... i kena...
good stuff..

none
08-04-2004, 10:40 AM
This is one good interactive thailand map

aTHAILANDmap (http://www.athailand.com/)

:smile:

FernandoLumTorres
06-06-2006, 09:33 PM
hello any tips..im goin there soon... if ride bike easy get lost or not? wat are the recommended activities? can u name me the price too?so tat wont kena hammer there..hehe

arjen
07-06-2006, 01:57 AM
wouldnt get lost easily there. You can pickup a free copy of phuket map at any hotel.
Water sports there are not that cheap (to me)
rental of bike, depend on what you rent. Cub should be around 150B -200B range.
Hotel wise, depend on which part you stay. Price relatively quite different.

shoei_com
07-06-2006, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by arjen@Jun 7 2006, 02:09 AM
wouldnt get lost easily there. You can pickup a free copy of phuket map at any hotel.
Water sports there are not that cheap (to me)
rental of bike, depend on what you rent. Cub should be around 150B -200B range.
Hotel wise, depend on which part you stay. Price relatively quite different.
the cub some will cost more if izzt the new one but the old dream will cost only about $150 bath, hope u will enjoy your trip...

i have some more if u want u can PM me i will some to u.

web 1 (http://media.putfile.com/Patong-by-Night-2005)

web 2 (http://www.trv.net/)

Pauche
07-06-2006, 08:34 AM
wave100 - 150B
KSR110 - 200B
nouvo115 - 250B
CBR400 - ??
CBR929 - ??
z1000 - ??
R1 - 700B
suzuki vitara - 600B

*prices varies depends on location and duration

Pauche
07-06-2006, 08:56 AM
Weather Forecast in Phuket <Click here> (http://thai.wunderground.com/global/stations/48565.html)
Looks like everyday also Cat 1 status......

Live Currency Update <Click here> (http://www.phuketgazette.net/currency/currency.asp)
As of April 07, 2006
1 Singapore Dollar = 23.82217 Thai Baht
1 Thai Baht (THB) = 0.04198 Singapore Dollar (SGD)

Phuket GazettePhuket Gazette - The local newspaper with the international audience <Click here> (http://www.phuketgazette.net/)

Status of hotels after Tsunami &#39;04 <Click here> (http://www.phuket.com/hotel-status.htm)

Emergency Contact Numbers
Directory Enquiries: 1133
Operator: 100
Tourist Police: National Hotline:- 1155
Phuket Hotline:- 1699
Phuket:- 076 225 361, 076 254 693
Police & Emergencies: 191
Phuket Police: 076 212 046, 076 212 115
Marine Police: 076 211 883
Ambulance: 076 254 425, 076 210 935, 076 212 297
Fire Department: 076 211 111
Decompression Chamber: 076 342 518
Lost or stolen credit cards: American Express:- 02 273 0022-44
Master Card:- 02 299 1990-2
Visa:- 02 299 1990-29

Government Organizations Contact Numbers
Customs: 076 211 105
Immigration: 076 221 905, 076 212 018
Post Office: 076 211 020

Travel Contact Numbers
Phuket International Airport: 076 327 230-237
Tourism Authority of Thailand:
(Phuket branch) 076 212 213, 076 211 036

Safety Tips <Click here> (http://www.phuket.net/visit-phuket/tips/safety.htm)

Medical Facilities in Phuket <Click here> (http://www.phuket.net/visit-phuket/tips/hospitals.htm)

Dos and Don&#39;ts in Thailand <Click here> (http://www.phuket.net/visit-phuket/tips/dos-donts.htm)

Pictures of Phuket Today <Click here> (http://www.phuket-photos.com/frameme.php?page=phuket-tidal-wave.htm)

Phuket Beaches Guide <Click here> (http://www.phuket.com/island/beaches.htm)

Things to do in Phuket <Click here> (http://www.phuket.com/activities/index.htm)

Patong Beach Guide <Click here> (http://www.phuket.com/island/beaches_patong.htm)

Phuket Fantasea <Click here> (http://www.phuket-fantasea.com/)

Patong is without a doubt the centre of the island&#39;s entertainment scene. There are plenty of bars, nightclubs, karaoke lounges, snooker halls, massage parlors, ŕ go-go bars and dance shows.

The scene in Patong is centred around Bangla road and its many offshoots. The road runs perpendicular to the beach road towards the northern end of Patong. Bangla is only about half a kilometre long so its easy to walk around and bar hop. It can seem quite seedy and you might want to keep the little ones away to avoid any lengthy explanations later, but it&#39;s also a fun and safe place.

Bars
Bars in Patong can be largely divided into beer bars, ŕ go-go bars and non-naughty bars such as pool bars or sports bars. The vast majority of these are found on or near Bangla Road. A smattering can be found off Rat-U-Thit Road, opposite the Paradise Complex. There is also a vibrant collection of gay bars and clubs in the Paradise Complex. A little way inland is Nanai Road, which runs parallel to Rat-U-Thit, where a growing number of small bars have opened up.

Beer Bars
These are usually just a small bar with a few stools. You can have a beer and play games or chat with the ladies working in the bar. Popular games include connect four, jenga, dice games and backgammon. If you like the girl and enjoy her company you can buy her a drink for which she earns some commission. Of course if you just want to nurse a cold one and people watch, that&#39;s fine too. In Patong these bars are mainly located at Bangla Road and its offshoots, but there is also a bar district along the beach road near the Thara Patong Hotel.

Ŕ Go-go Bars
The majority of Patong&#39;s ŕ go-go bars ca be found down the small sois (sidestreets) leading off Bangla Road. Girls in these bars dance on stage wearing nothing more than a bikini, or even less depending on the bar and the local authorities. Nudity is prohibited by Thai law although shows with nudity can be found. The girls may talk with the customers when they are not on stage. They are not owned in any way by the bar and its up to them if they want to spend time with a particular customer or not.

Pool & Sports Bars
If your not looking for a “friend” for the evening, there are quite a few places to party with friends or just people watch, a popular pastime on Bangla. The bars a little way down the main strip on the southern side are a favourite spot for this. There seems to be an Aussie theme going on with a few of these, but everyones welcome. These bars also happen to be directly across the road from one of the busy side streets, Soi Easy, where a lot of informal tabletop dancing by scantily clad bargirls takes place. An added bonus for the punters in the bars opposite.

Quite a few bars will show live sports matches from around the world. The English Premiership is particularly popular but other leagues and sports are also shown, including rugby and aussie rules.

There are also plenty of bars with pool tables. Some of these will be of the girly bar variety, others won&#39;t. Finding a really good quality table with good cues can be a little difficult though. The tables in Club Rio at the corner of Bangla and Rat-U-Thit roads are some of the best in Patong, but can be busy. As with most bars in Thailand, if there are already people playing, you write your name on the board and wait your turn. Its “winner stays on”, and the challenger pays for the game, usually 20 Baht.

Clubs
Banana Disco on the beach road is a Phuket institution and still a very popular place to dance the night away. Music tends to be mostly techno and the place can get pretty packed with young party-goers, especially after 11pm. Downstairs is a bar with a live band playing golden oldies.

On Bangla Road itself is Tiger Entertainment. The club is up a flight of stairs next to the Thai boxing at the eastern end of Bangla. The DJ normally plays a mix of techno and trance to a packed house.

Up the hill on the road between Patong and Karon is Safari Disco. As its name suggests, this disco is built around a “wild” theme. Despite this, Safari is a great place to party and only its drawback is its distance from the rest of Patong&#39;s nightlife spots. Safari has a reputation for a late night venue.

Live Music
If you prefer live bands to DJ spun tunes try one of Patong&#39;s two Irish pubs, Molly Malone&#39;s and Scruffy Murphy&#39;s. Prices are a bit higher than most other bars around but the music and the craic are good. Scruffy&#39;s is located on Bangla, while Molly&#39;s is next to McDonald&#39;s on the beach road.

Another popular haunt is Tai Pan, opposite the entrance to Bangla on Rat-U-Thit Road. A darkly lit bar with lots of small tables, Tai Pan can get quite busy late in the evening with a mixture of tourists and bargirls who have finished work.

If you like jazz head over to Baan Rim Pa, a famous Thai restaurant overlooking Patong Bay at its northern end. You can sit right at the bar and enjoy a drink while watching the ocean waves rolling against the cliffs just below the restaurant.

Pauche
17-01-2007, 03:04 PM
2007 Events in Phuket

Phuket Bike Week, April 13-15, 2007, Patong Beach
Big bike rally and events in Phuket during Songkran Festival organized by Phuket Riders Club and Ride Thailand Magazine. Get to see an amazing collection of cruisers and superbikes at this annual event. Music, contests, parties and charity rides around the island. Fun for bikers and hangers-on alike. More info at http://www.phuketbikeweek.com or by calling Sumon (01-6919346) or Mr. Good (01-6915758).

Songkran Festival, April 13-15, 2007
Thailand&#39;s most famous festival celebrates the Thai New Year. Prepare to join in the fun and get very wet or stay indoors&#33; A loud, boisterous festival that features a lot of water throwing in the streets. Contact the Tourism Authority of Thailand Phuket office (Tel: 076 212 213) for details.

Turtle Releasing Festival
The Turtle Releasing Festival is held every year during Songkran. Turtle eggs are collected by the Fisheries Department in an effort to conserve the numbers of sea turtles. The baby turtles are released into the sea on Nai Yang beach.

mudman
05-03-2007, 09:35 AM
Hi Bros,

i&#39;m going to phuket soon for a holiday and am worried cos i&#39;ve heard rumours of the bike rentals there being unreasonable. Some return their bike is perfect condition but the rental vendor insist on damages and tries to get some more money out from ya, is that true? did anyone experience it before?

where is the best place to rent a bike over there ? and do we need an int&#39;l license ?

thanks to any bros who reply :smile:

panclanrider
10-03-2007, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by mudman@March 05, 2007 09:35 am
Hi Bros,

i&#39;m going to phuket soon for a holiday and am worried cos i&#39;ve heard rumours of the bike rentals there being unreasonable. Some return their bike is perfect condition but the rental vendor insist on damages and tries to get some more money out from ya, is that true? did anyone experience it before?

where is the best place to rent a bike over there ? and do we need an int&#39;l license ?

thanks to any bros who reply :smile:
Well... I&#39;ve not met any unreasonable bike rentals there...

I&#39;ll advice to just go for the smaller bikes which r cheap and not too expensive and they tend to be more careful inspecting for damages when u return a say sports bike.

They&#39;ll usually do a visual check of the bike in your presence before handling over the keys to u.

There are ample of places to rent a small bike than those big sporty ones. The small bikes usually cost Bath&#036;150~250 during "normal" time but can be quite ex. during "high" season like Songkran in Apr. Try not to rent near those tourist area like the beach side...

International license is not needed but just bring ur SGP license along... For ur info, I&#39;ve got a fren who rented a small bike with his SGP license having onli Class 3 and was stopped by the Thai police who checked his license and can&#39;t even tell what is written on the license.

Hope it helps...

mudman
14-03-2007, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by panclanrider@March 10, 2007 07:44 pm
Well... I&#39;ve not met any unreasonable bike rentals there...

I&#39;ll advice to just go for the smaller bikes which r cheap and not too expensive and they tend to be more careful inspecting for damages when u return a say sports bike.

They&#39;ll usually do a visual check of the bike in your presence before handling over the keys to u.

There are ample of places to rent a small bike than those big sporty ones. The small bikes usually cost Bath&#036;150~250 during "normal" time but can be quite ex. during "high" season like Songkran in Apr. Try not to rent near those tourist area like the beach side...

International license is not needed but just bring ur SGP license along... For ur info, I&#39;ve got a fren who rented a small bike with his SGP license having onli Class 3 and was stopped by the Thai police who checked his license and can&#39;t even tell what is written on the license.

Hope it helps...
yah it does help bro ..thanks for the info ..will take note of wat you said...
as for the int&#39;l license, since it&#39;s recog in several c&#39;try and cost ard 20 bucks, i think i&#39;ll get it to be on the safe side. lolz ......though i rode in bali w/o an int&#39;l license before ......
=)

mudman
16-03-2007, 02:54 PM
hey bro, as mentioned , i got my int&#39;l license today le....can last one year ...

have attached the pic for bros who are curious about it .

panclanrider
17-03-2007, 04:15 PM
Oh that&#39;s great... Betta be on the safe side yah... Enjoy your holiday bro...&#33;&#33;

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

mudman
21-03-2007, 03:40 PM
bros,

I know this may sound stupid but do helmets come along with the rental ? if so how&#39;s the condition? my exp in bali was quite jia lat, the helmet is really gone case de....so if the helmet is really that bad, might be bringing my own helmet i guess...

any bros who know pls kindly reply asap .
thanks in advance.

mamu27
21-03-2007, 05:28 PM
tink of the helmet in Phuket like bicycle helmet sold at ur neighbourhood mama shops&#33;

hehehe. no nid to strap or wat so ever.. just put it on.. thai policemen will issue u on the spot baht fine.

at nite.. especially near Soi Bangla areas, beachfronts.. very hard to find parking lots for ur kupchai.. n also very easy to get it &#39;lost&#39; amongst the hundreds parked there..

hehe. have fun. and oh yah. top up petrol can be done at those small &#39;shell stations&#39;.

mudman
21-03-2007, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by mamu27@March 21, 2007 05:28 pm
tink of the helmet in Phuket like bicycle helmet sold at ur neighbourhood mama shops&#33;

hehehe. no nid to strap or wat so ever.. just put it on.. thai policemen will issue u on the spot baht fine.

at nite.. especially near Soi Bangla areas, beachfronts.. very hard to find parking lots for ur kupchai.. n also very easy to get it &#39;lost&#39; amongst the hundreds parked there..

hehe. have fun. and oh yah. top up petrol can be done at those small &#39;shell stations&#39;.
thanks for the info bro ..point noted...
i was thinking should bring bike helmets or jus bring those pro-tec helmets there cos they are lighter ...haha ...

thanks yet again..

mudman
28-03-2007, 04:55 PM
thanks for all the bros who posted info to help ..

am back from phuket trip and riding there was fun and great...traffic is not v fast on the streets along patong and the ride to karong beach, kata beach and chalong bay was definitely scenic........not forgetting the "View Point"....
the roads there are quite easy to get familiarize with and parking is not really a prob though...did manage to ride out to phuket town and did shopping at Big C, Central Festival and Tesco Lotus ..=)

oh ya, my ride there was a honda click ...200 BHT a day and my gal and i were wearing out own pro-tec helmet ...=) heard from the locals that fine for not wearing helmet is 300B.

as for the TP, not much of a prob but did manage to see some larger TP bikes along the Eway to phuket town, they are riding bmw bikes...

my 2 cents ..and thks bros ..

deanz4
11-05-2007, 01:29 AM
guys i going to go for a ride to phuket this coming 31 may..

expert here any advise where to park my bike safely in which hotel??

im doing it in 4 days... advise advise pls

ASTRADA
11-05-2007, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by deanz4@May 11, 2007 01:29 am

you can park ur bike in any hotel in phuket. u do not have to worry bout ur bike going missing. its unlike malaysia. alternatively if u still feel insecure u could go around checking for a hotel that allows you to park rite in front of the hotel. it does help to tip the security guard as well.

deanz4
11-05-2007, 03:22 PM
bro any recommendation of which hotel??? thanks man..

panclanrider
12-05-2007, 04:25 PM
I&#39;ll personally recommend The Royal Paradise hotel (http://www.royalparadise.com/).

luminox
12-05-2007, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by deanz4@May 11, 2007 01:29 am

no worries about the bike gone missing/stolen in Thailand. they should get MYTHBUSTERS to do a test on it,settle the issue once n for all.

shoei_com
12-05-2007, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by panclanrider@May 12, 2007 04:25 pm
I&#39;ll personally recommend The Royal Paradise hotel (http://www.royalparadise.com/).

izzt a good hotel as izzt one of the tallest hotel in Patong with alot of Jap, China, India n Singapore ppl who like to stay there if i m not wrong.........

panclanrider
13-05-2007, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by shoei_com@May 12, 2007 10:22 pm
izzt a good hotel as izzt one of the tallest hotel in Patong with alot of Jap, China, India n Singapore ppl who like to stay there if i m not wrong.........

Bingo... You are rite&#33;&#33;

It&#39;s one of the tallest hotel in Patong...

With lots of babes from different countries...

Their parking area has got security guarding the lots...

I&#39;ve stayed there a few times before....

deanz4
13-05-2007, 12:43 PM
guys do anyone here knows wat time is the border at thailand close??? i know that it opens at 7am but close??

panclanrider
13-05-2007, 05:07 PM
Can&#39;t find any info on this but I suppose anytime before 7pm is quite safe...???

niterider929
14-06-2007, 01:16 AM
Anyone have info how to get to Thai border w/out using NSHW and how to Patong? Do we need to buy insurance for bike or car?

yem_paul
14-06-2007, 11:03 AM
I'll personally recommend The Royal Paradise hotel (http://www.royalparadise.com/).

Haha ... bring back some memories bro

panclanrider
14-06-2007, 06:48 PM
Haha ... bring back some memories bro

You bet.... Fun memories for life!!!!

http://thumb17.webshots.net/t/30/31/7/67/50/335776750IcWnfK_th.jpg (http://rides.webshots.com/photo/1335776750069240197IcWnfK)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

fooz
09-03-2008, 02:26 AM
how abt hotels/motels/inn on a budget?
but still along the beaches type....

which beach area is reccm? patong or karon or others?

AJ..
15-04-2008, 04:06 PM
Hi.

I was wondering...if this thread have any updates..

Route to use: Phattalung>Trang>Krabi>Phang Nga>Phuket
Trang is ideal 1st top up station about 130km from Hatyai, Krabi is next, about 190km from Trang & about 140km to Phuket province(the bridge).

Is this route still the same route to take to go to Phuket?or is there any detour due to something that might have happen since the last update of this route?

Any hotels to recommend?Rate?places to go around?whats good and what's not?

Thanks in advance...:thumb:

Cheers,

AJ

shoei_com
16-04-2008, 12:45 PM
hi, AJ, i m Michael here what do u want to know as i m here until 18th------ to Samui if u need anything help just sms or call me at +66836488816, help i can help u.... ride hard AJ.. u r the man.... :thumb:

Hi.

I was wondering...if this thread have any updates..

Route to use: Phattalung>Trang>Krabi>Phang Nga>Phuket
Trang is ideal 1st top up station about 130km from Hatyai, Krabi is next, about 190km from Trang & about 140km to Phuket province(the bridge).

Is this route still the same route to take to go to Phuket?or is there any detour due to something that might have happen since the last update of this route?

Any hotels to recommend?Rate?places to go around?whats good and what's not?

Thanks in advance...:thumb:

Cheers,

AJ

AJ..
16-04-2008, 05:37 PM
hi, AJ, i m Michael here what do u want to know as i m here until 18th------ to Samui if u need anything help just sms or call me at +66836488816, help i can help u.... ride hard AJ.. u r the man.... :thumb:

Thanks Michael for replying...greatly appreciated.

I have yet to decide where to go.I've not been to Phuket.Been to samui twice.so i thought i'd like to try out Phuket.

We'll see how tomoro morning when i reach Sadao.then decide.will be leaving around midnite tonite.riding with my fiance.

Will sms or call you if luck getting tougher on me.Million thanks.

Won't be riding hard anymore.i've been feeling not up in the spirit lately.

Cheers man.:thumb:

shoei_com
18-04-2008, 12:27 AM
ok, that too bad i m going to Samui tomolo.... u enjoy urself, n buy a thai sim card as izzt much cheaper..... to call back to singapore to 00965........ if u need any helpjust give me a call hope could help as much as i can.... ride safe... :thumb:

Thanks Michael for replying...greatly appreciated.

I have yet to decide where to go.I've not been to Phuket.Been to samui twice.so i thought i'd like to try out Phuket.

We'll see how tomoro morning when i reach Sadao.then decide.will be leaving around midnite tonite.riding with my fiance.

Will sms or call you if luck getting tougher on me.Million thanks.

Won't be riding hard anymore.i've been feeling not up in the spirit lately.

Cheers man.:thumb:

AJ..
19-04-2008, 08:52 PM
hey man...i just touch down Samui from Phuket 5hrs ago...i bet everyone's gone to the FMP...its quiet here now...Phuket and Patong Beach not a place for me man...I m renting a dirtbike tomoro to do some island exploration...if happen you get to read this msg from any internet cafe,i'm at Lamai Beach...

But i bet you will be having the hangover nooze to go riding with me...:giddy:

cheers

shoei_com
20-04-2008, 05:29 PM
i only drink coke where got Hangover..... :cheeky:

hey man...i just touch down Samui from Phuket 5hrs ago...i bet everyone's gone to the FMP...its quiet here now...Phuket and Patong Beach not a place for me man...I m renting a dirtbike tomoro to do some island exploration...if happen you get to read this msg from any internet cafe,i'm at Lamai Beach...

But i bet you will be having the hangover nooze to go riding with me...:giddy:

cheers

racingter
21-04-2008, 12:18 AM
i only drink coke where got Hangover..... :cheeky:

i can vouch for that lor......:dot:

racingter
21-04-2008, 12:21 AM
i a few days time i should be over to phuket too.....hey mic by any chance u going back?

racingter
21-04-2008, 12:22 AM
i mean back to phuket?:cheeky:

shoei_com
22-04-2008, 08:22 PM
yes, see u on the 25th.. call me 0836488816, ride safe.... :thumb:

i mean back to phuket?:cheeky:

AKUTERRER
20-07-2008, 05:48 AM
Hi all,

Anybody tried these before?
Hows the charges like?

Link here ->http://www.gokartthailand.com/index.htm

racingter
29-07-2008, 01:33 AM
Go kart at the foot of patong beach..there's two go kart circuit.one i forgotten the name.and the other one is called phuket go kart.the rate is as follows...

2 stroke. 10 mins 500b

4 stroke 10 mins 1000b

Bungee jump as i know there's also 2 jumps in patong...

one cost 1800 b per jump+ insurance .

the other one is situated next to the phuket bowling alley.below the jump is a lake...price i not sure as i didnt ask....but i ride pass a couple of time...it's inside one of the alley...and located at the manmade riverside.

cheers,
racingter

racingter
25-08-2008, 01:57 AM
hi and greeting to all thailand touring wannables,

xixy a fellow forumer is working in phuket and he can update us on the recent happenings and activites going on there...while a few guys and i will head up there in a few days time for our Phuket touring trip...finding out the most happening disco,food,massages and relax beaches there,dun forgetting shopping spree!!!will also update the latest road conditions i will try my best to answer any enquires about the food,petrols or the DO's and Dont's of thailand....Happy exploring all wonders of Thailand!!!!!

regards,
racingter

racingter
08-09-2008, 08:39 AM
-Although Thailand is declared "STATE OF EMERGENCY" during my 1 week stay in hatyai and phuket,i feel that it's quite safe to tour.i have seen some protest going on behind hatyai railway station.

-By pass krabi and saw that the airport is closed. a large number of demostrators is there with a handful of policemans...

-Route to phuket from hatyai is better now....repaired roads...creating a better drive/ride..but be careful still...there's still some remaining contruction works from krabi to phangan.

-phuket,patong to me is almost not affected...lots of tourists....(maybe they are still stuck there becos of the closed phuket airport lar)nite life is still roaring....

-hollywood disco is newly opened....well recommanded.
-junceylon shopping centre is on operation still...
-some flood in patong due to heavy rain this few days....

xixy
09-09-2008, 08:25 PM
Yo Racingter,

Finally got to find this thread.. Wonder where you put it up at.. :P

Weather has been really wet in Phuket for the past 3 weeks.. Patong was flooded after you left.. It has been raining almost the whole day today.. My Ninja has been kept under wraps for a few weeks liao..

I haven't brought you to the "hidden gems" yet.. :P

racingter
09-09-2008, 10:49 PM
Yo Racingter,

Weather has been really wet in Phuket for the past 3 weeks.. Patong was flooded after you left.. It has been raining almost the whole day today.. My Ninja has been kept under wraps for a few weeks liao..

yah remember on the 5th when we r leaving for hatyai...the flood was bow wow....nearly rushing towards my exhaust ......

aiyah.....the hidden gems i also forget liao...maybe next year i will make a trip down again....be sure that u bring me around k..:)

xixy
10-09-2008, 09:04 AM
racingter:

Next time don't bring your "vege" la.. Difficult la.. No matter how understanding they are, you'll always end up with trouble..

Next year ah? Wow.. So far away.. Thought of asking you to being some "bak kua" for me.. Haha.. I'll enjoy Tiger on your behalf then.. :P

racingter
10-09-2008, 11:18 PM
racingter:

Next time don't bring your "vege" la.. Difficult la.. No matter how understanding they are, you'll always end up with trouble..

Next year ah? Wow.. So far away.. Thought of asking you to being some "bak kua" for me.. Haha.. I'll enjoy Tiger on your behalf then.. :P

recently went too may trips to thailand already..so have to wait for next year.....:angel:

racingter
11-09-2008, 12:53 PM
- Hidding from the Flood at a deserted restaunt beside patong beach.

- The Flood :cry:

racingter
11-09-2008, 01:02 PM
- Entrance of the Big Buddha of phuket

- Scenery on top of the Hill

- Phuket Big Buddha(still under construction)

*Big Buddha of phuket is the next big tourist attraction for devotees or foreign vistors...*

mi5trooper
11-09-2008, 03:37 PM
must bring me too. me james. the fat but handsome boy. hehe... joking...

Yo Racingter,

PaLmEr
11-09-2008, 03:52 PM
anyone here able to do a proper writeup on Phuket? In microsoft word format please. Will post the information provided on a proper thread dedicated to destinations in the near future, credits will be awarded to the writer of course! :angel:

racingter
20-10-2008, 01:13 AM
Phuket’s own Full Moon Party
Werewolves' party in Karon Beach

Following the success of the internationally renowned Full Moon Parties on Koh Pha-ngan in the Gulf of Thailand, Mali Waterfront Restaurant & Bar on Karon Beach has decided to stage a series of Full Moon Parties on Phuket.

The parties, scheduled for August 16, September 14, October 12 and December 12, will feature fire dances, a sand stage, DJs, games, and more. The parties will run from 22:00 to 01:00. Entry will be free and drinks will range in price from 180 to 200 baht, with beers at just 90 baht.

Mali Waterfront Restaurant & Bar has made name for itself as a popular meeting place for locals, both expatriates and Thais. For more information, please contact 542/1 Patak Rd., Karon Beach, Muang, Phuket 83100 or Tel: +66 (0)8 3107 6677.

Mom Tri to open restaurant at Royal Phuket Marina
Royal Phuket Marina

Hotel guests and residents living in the east and north of Phuket have long complained about the relative scarcity of gourmet restaurants in their area. Gulu Lalvani, founder and chairman of the Royal Phuket Marina, was one of them.

He tired of sailing his boat to the south of the island in order to be able to dine at Mom Tri’s Boathouse, one of his favourite restaurants. So he invited the owner, ML Tridosyuth Devakul – better known as Mom Tri – to open a restaurant in his world-class marina, which is on the east coast, just north of Phuket City.

As a result, Mom Tri’s Boathouse Regatta restaurant is due to open on 1 November 2008 and is expected to establish itself as another excellent wine-and-dine venue from the award-winning Boathouse team – General Manager Louis Bronner, Maître-Cuisinier de France Jean-Noël Lumineau, Wine Director Georges Ciret and Chef Somboon.

Grand Etapes Françaises chef to be part of Boathouse team
Mom Tri’s Boathouse Lobster Square

Chef Jean-Noël Lumineau is a recent addition to the full-time team, although he has visited Mom Tri’s Boathouse in January every year for many years, to conduct the annual Boathouse Festival Grand Crus & Gastronomie, an extravaganza of French cuisine.

Previously, Chef Jean-Noël ran the restaurant at the Château-Hôtel Le Prieuré in Anjou, for decades one of the noted Grand Etapes Françaises group. His trademark cuisine combines traditional quality with inventive use of the natural, intense flavours of the best local produce in season.

Now he is relocating full-time to Thailand, where he will work his magic on the Mom Tri Restaurant Group in general, in collaboration with Chefs Tummanoon and Sura. Meanwhile, Mom Tri’s Gung restaurant on Lobster Square in Kata, a casual seafront venue next to the Boathouse, is undergoing a transformation and will reopen, also in November, as Mom Tri’s Oasis.

It will feature an extended beachfront restaurant, an open Tapas Bar, and three boutiques with fine antiques, exclusive designer jewelry, and luxury handicrafts and curios.

Stuntmen put on spectacular show
Phuket Stunt Show in Rawai

The island’s most talked-about permanent family entertainment show opened recently, 1.5 km west of Chalong circle, on the road to Kata Beach. The “Aqua Spectacular” at the Phuket Stunt Show Stadium features jaw-dropping action with Hollywood-quality stunts and pyrotechnics in an adventure show that revolves around treasure hunters and pirates.

The show has non-stop fire, explosions and other special effects, jet-ski stunts, sword and gun fights and high-board diving, all served up with the highest of high-tech lighting and a generous helping of comedy.

The show has been years in the making, starting with three event directors from Norway and Sweden, who formed a company in February 2004 specially to create the show. The 800-seat outdoor stadium finally opening to the public on June 14, 2008. The show, claimed to be “the most dynamic attraction in South East Asia”, takes place every day of the week except Wednesday. The gates open at 18:00 and the show runs from 19:30 to 21:00. Book it at special rates...

Gary Phuket
11-11-2008, 09:58 PM
Just noticed this thread. I am also based in Phuket but temporarily in USA. I'd surely like to know how many other Singapore Bikes members live there, perhaps we could get together some time soon.

Gary Phuket
01-12-2008, 05:30 PM
racingter,

you forget to mention latest edition in Mom Tri's collection: Oasis, right next to the boat house. It was opened on November 7th. I wasn't there but my wife went, according to her very cool place.

racingter
02-12-2008, 01:03 AM
racingter,

you forget to mention latest edition in Mom Tri's collection: Oasis, right next to the boat house. It was opened on November 7th. I wasn't there but my wife went, according to her very cool place.

wow,thats something new to me...thanks for the updates !!!:thumb:

racingter
25-12-2008, 01:59 AM
Phuket King's Cup Regatta
The most exciting event on the island's sporting calendar. The regatta attracts yachts from all over the world to enter the races from Phuket to the neighbouring islands. A great competition, and great fun throughout the week. This year is the 21st annual.
November 29th to December 6th: Kata Beach, Phuket

Phuket International Marine Expo (PIMEX)
Complementing the King's Cup Regatta is this world famous marine and boat show. 1,800 square metres of boats, marine equipment and displays including product launches and on water displays. Buyers, brokers and yacht owners from all over the Asia-Pacific region converge for this outstanding show.
December 4th to 7th, 2008: RPM, Phuket

Laguna Phuket Triathlon
The annual Laguna Phuket Triathlon is an exciting event that attracts top athletes from all over the world. The race starts with a 1.8km swim followed by a cycle along a 55km course up a coastal road, and ends with a 12km run. Email triathlon@lagunaphuket.com for further details.
December 7th, 2008: Bang Tao, Phuket

Patong Carnival (Phuket Carnival)
Loud and colourful, this year's Patong Carnival will last 6 days. There will be three stages for live entertainment: at Loma Park, at the beach end of Soi Bangla and at the corner of Ruamjai Rd and Taweewong Rd. There will be colourful parades on the first and last day.. Bangla Rd is lit up and turned into a walking street with food stalls, stage shows and other entertainment.
December 15th to 20th: Patong Beach, Phuket

Phuket Invitational Superyacht Rendezvous
As if yacht's weren't super enough, this exclusive (hence the word 'invitational') event sees the biggest, fanciest, most expensive yachts on this side of the planet floating into Phuket's ports for a little pre-Christmas party. There are cocktail parties, gala dinners, and presumably some sailing is worked in, too.
December 2008: Amanpuri Resort, Phuket

racingter
25-12-2008, 02:01 AM
Phuket International Blues Festival
While the weather is cool the music gets hot. The 4th Annual Phuket Blues Festival promises to be another great time of food, fun and, of course, music. Eric Bibb, a New Yorker, is headlining and The Rich Harper Blues Band is back by popular demand in addition to many other local and international acts.
February 2009: Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort, Karon Beach, Phuket

Phang Nga Bay Regatta
The Phang Nga Bay Regatta is Phuket's first major sailing event of the year. Speeding ships knife through the Andaman Sea around Phang Nga, Krabi, and Phuket - only stopping to sleep, eat, party, take in shows, socialize, and generally have good times. This time there prize money on offer, that should make things interesting.
February , 2009: Phang Nga Bay (locations TBA)

Chinese New Year
Celebrate the Year of the Ox with Phuket's Chinese community. Dragon parades and other events planned to take place in and around Phuket Town's historical district. Contact the Tourism Authority of Thailand Phuket office (Tel: 076 212 213) for details.
February 2009: Phuket Town

Old Phuket Festival
Three Old Phuket Town streets - Thalang Road, Krabi Road and Phang Nga Road - closed to motorized traffic for three evenings of pedestrian celebrations. It's a sensory circus, with performances of traditional dance, food, music, and art. The community event is free and open to all.
February 2009: Phuket Town

April 2009
Phuket International Cricket Sixes Tournament

2009 will mark the sixth annual Phuket Cricket Sixes Tournament. All of the participants had an absoltue ball in previous years, and 2009 promises to bring even more top international players to the island. Some of the big names from past years are: former Test cricket player Trevor Chappell (Australia) and greats Adam Hollioake and Alan Mullaly (England). The Phuket Sixes is fast becoming a major stop on the Asian cricket circuit. Email media@phuketsixes.com. (Read More...)
April 2009: Karon Municipal Stadium, Phuket

Phuket Bike Week
Get to see an amazing collection of Harleys, Hondas and superbikes at this annual event. Music, contests, parties and charity rides around the island. Fun for bikers and hangers-on alike. More info at http://www.phuketbikeweek.com or by calling Sumon (01-6919346) or Mr. Good (01-6915758).
April 2009: Patong Beach, Phuket

Songkran Festival
Thailand's most famous festival celebrates the Thai New Year. Prepare to join in the fun and get very wet or stay indoors! A loud, boisterous festival that features a lot of water throwing in the streets. Contact the Tourism Authority of Thailand Phuket office (Tel: 076 212 213) for details. See photos of the Songkran Festival in Phuket.
April 2009: Nationwide

April is a busy month for festivals in Phuket. Thai New Year (Songkran) also occurs in April, nationwide, so be sure to book your hotel in advance!!!

racingter
25-12-2008, 02:02 AM
June 2009
2009 Laguna Phuket International Marathon
This year’s Laguna Phuket International Marathon, the fourth, is expected to attract some 4,000 competitors, of whom 1,500 will be coming from 40 countries overseas.
June 2009: Bang Tao Beach

Phuket 2nd Film Festival
The 2nd Phuket Film Festival is scheduled to take place in June 2009, showcasing more than 50 movies from some 20 different countries, including numerous entries from Scandinavia, the UK and Germany, with the emphasis on light, family-oriented 'fun' films.
June 4th to 11th 2009: Jungceylon, Patong Beach

Kalim Surfing Contest
Kalim Beach hosts the Kalim Surf Contest. Organized by members of the Phuket Board Rider Club, the 2008 contest will be in late June with…surfers participating.
June 2009: Kalim Beach

July 2009
Phuket Race Week
A week of exciting, international-standard yacht racing, off Phuket’s East Coast. Plenty of social activities throughout the week.
July 2009: Chalong Bay

August 2009
Por Tor Festival
The “Hungry Ghosts” festival is an important merit-making event for ethnic Chinese. Special food, flowers and candles are presented to ancestors’ altars in order to feed the ghosts that are said to have been released from hell for the month.
August 2009: All Chinese Shrines on the Island

Phuket Surfing Contest
The Phuket Surfing Contest is held at Kata Beach, and has been running for the past seven years. It usually takes place in mid-September but this year it will be in August. There are cash prizes to be won.
August 2009: Kata Beach

Kamala Go Surfing Contest
Then there is the Kamala Go Surfing Contest held at the northernmost end of Kamala Beach. This contest will mark its sixth year. Again, it is organized by locals - members of Kamala Go Surfing Club.
August 2009: Kamala Beach

Gary Phuket
25-12-2008, 06:16 AM
Very nice racingter, thanks.

racingter
09-02-2009, 05:59 PM
http://www.phuketbikeweek.com/images/2009/proter/phuketbike.gif

racingter
09-02-2009, 06:06 PM
09/04/2009 - 12/04/2009Place of event: Patong

Now in its 15th year, the annual Phuket Bike Week is one of the biggest events in Thailand attracting participants from more than 400 biker clubs to a plethora of action packed activities coinciding
with the Songkran Festival.

Brought to you by the West Coast Ride Thailand Co.,Ltd., the four day event includes a Motorcycle Show with big brand exhibitors such as Harley Davidson, BMW, Ducati, Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki, KTM
and Triumph; a Bike Contest; Live Music; Biker Games; Grand Dinner; and Miss Phuket Bike Week 2009.
A record 5,000 participants took part in 2008, including approximately 2,000 Thais, 2,000 Asians
and 1,000 foreigners - helping maintain Phuket Bike Week’s reputation as the biggest motorcycle event in southeast asia.

xixy
10-02-2009, 09:27 PM
Racingter,

Never tell us about Tiger Disco? :P

racingter
11-02-2009, 12:04 AM
Racingter,

Never tell us about Tiger Disco? :P

haha never to be missed!:cheeky:

xixy
11-02-2009, 12:10 AM
Those that want some action, do not miss out Soi Seadragon.. Suzy Wong's is a personal recommendation..

:P

shoei_com
12-02-2009, 08:24 PM
what is that? :cheeky:

Those that want some action, do not miss out Soi Seadragon.. Suzy Wong's is a personal recommendation..

:P

xixy
12-02-2009, 08:56 PM
shoei_com:

Classified "R" material.. Haha..

racingter
12-02-2009, 11:53 PM
shoei_com:

Om him lar...

shoei_com
13-02-2009, 01:03 AM
ok, can bring me there... :angel:

shoei_com:

Om who... :cheeky:

Om him lar...

xixy
13-02-2009, 08:53 AM
shoei_com:

Can.. I can bring you there no probs.. After Suzy's, racingter can bring you to Tiger Disco.. Can hook you up with an internet cafe gal.. Haha..

racingter:

On boh?

shoei_com
13-02-2009, 10:01 AM
O, i good man la.... :angel: so can i dun GO....... :shy:

shoei_com:

Can.. I can bring you there no probs.. After Suzy's, racingter can bring you to Tiger Disco.. Can hook you up with an internet cafe gal.. Haha..

racingter:

On boh?

Pauche
13-02-2009, 11:10 AM

good man just like me eh??
okok.... let's go 'banana' and have a coke each! :cheers:

xixy
13-02-2009, 04:01 PM
We go Papaya for dinner, Watermelon for juice & Banana for dancing.. All in one stretch.. :P

shoei_com
13-02-2009, 07:50 PM
ok, sure Mr Pual, we will go to BANANA Disco to have Coke or Sprite ON u....

Can we dun go to Papaya for dinner as izzt abit EX, maybe we go to Nai Na to have 99Bath Buffet.... :angel:

We go Papaya for dinner, Watermelon for juice & Banana for dancing.. All in one stretch.. :P

racingter
14-02-2009, 12:04 AM
shoei_com:

racingter:

On boh?

haha Om lar!

haha ya u good man..i virgin lehz:angel:

450 b for 2 cokes?:cheeky:

Can we dun go to Papaya for dinner as izzt abit EX, maybe we go to Nai Na to have 99Bath Buffet.... :angel:[/QUOTE]

i wanna eat the 99 b buffet...!!!:thumb:

shoei_com
16-02-2009, 07:40 PM
haha Om lar!

haha ya u good man..i virgin lehz:angel:

450 b for 2 cokes?:cheeky:

Can we dun go to Papaya for dinner as izzt abit EX, maybe we go to Nai Na to have 99Bath Buffet.... :angel:

i wanna eat the 99 b buffet...!!!:thumb:[/QUOTE]

izzt nw $200B for ine coke n dun i like look a good man.... :angel:

xixy
16-02-2009, 08:25 PM
shoei_com:

You look like good man meh? Hehe.. Big devil hidden within.. :P

Guys:

Am back to Phuket now.. The place is quiet.. The high season has not picked up.. Hopefully the hotel rates will stay low during Phuket Bike Week and Songkran..

There's a huge club/bar being built behind Jungceylon, right opposite Banzaan Fresh Market.. Looks like another happening place in the future..

racingter
17-02-2009, 10:41 PM
shoei_com:

You look like good man meh? Hehe.. Big devil hidden within.. :P

Guys:

Am back to Phuket now.. The place is quiet.. The high season has not picked up.. Hopefully the hotel rates will stay low during Phuket Bike Week and Songkran..

There's a huge club/bar being built behind Jungceylon, right opposite Banzaan Fresh Market.. Looks like another happening place in the future..

Behind the streets huh.....wow...than when we go there,we all will become backstreet boys...:cheeky:

xixy
26-02-2009, 05:29 PM
Racingter:

Damn funny lar you.. You should come to Chiang Rai.. 2 hour Thai massage at 200 Baht only! Cheap Cheap.. SGD8.00..

racingter
26-02-2009, 11:05 PM
Racingter:

Damn funny lar you.. You should come to Chiang Rai.. 2 hour Thai massage at 200 Baht only! Cheap Cheap.. SGD8.00..

u currently in chiang rai?

Pauche
03-03-2009, 09:37 AM
http://phuketgazette.com/news/index.asp?id=7120

"Those who enjoy a drunken water fight at Songkran (Thai New Year) will also be in for a shock this year: the Act also bans alcohol sales during a number of Thai festivals – Songkran included."

racingter
03-03-2009, 11:10 AM
http://phuketgazette.com/news/index.asp?id=7120

"Those who enjoy a drunken water fight at Songkran (Thai New Year) will also be in for a shock this year: the Act also bans alcohol sales during a number of Thai festivals – Songkran included."

there goes my singha beer!!!

racingter
03-03-2009, 11:13 AM
This sounds interesting.

Temple booze ban campaign launched

PHUKET CITY: Temple fair enthusiasts take note: it is now not only immoral to drink on temple grounds – it is also illegal.

This is the message of a new “Temples are not Bars; Salas are not Gambling Dens” campaign launched by Phuket Governor Preecha Ruangjanon on February 26.

The campaign was launched as part of a merit-making ceremony at Manik Temple in tambon Srisoonthorn, Thalang. It aims to raise public awareness that drinking or gambling on temple grounds is now against the law.

Unbeknownst to many, the new Alcohol Control Act 2008 came into force on February 14 this year. The Act bans the consumption of alcohol at temples and other places used to hold religious rites, as well as hospitals, government offices, schools, and petrol stations.

Those who enjoy a drunken water fight at Songkran (Thai New Year) will also be in for a shock this year: the Act also bans alcohol sales during a number of Thai festivals – Songkran included.

The new provincial campaign has a budget of 54,000 baht, most of which will be spent on signs informing people that drinking and gambling will no longer be tolerated in places of worship.

The signs will be displayed at all 37 temples in Phuket.

Large billboards will be erected at Saphan Hin, the Tesco-Lotus intersection and Patong.

Kriangsak Jinaphong, chief of the Phuket Provincial Buddhism Office, said, “We now have the Alcohol Control Act 2008. This is because alcohol causes health and family problems, accidents and crime, and damages the economy and the image of the country.”

Most people are still unaware the new law has come into force, and some are still drinking or buying and selling alcohol on temple grounds, especially at ordainment celebrations and funerals, he said.

Measures 27 and 31 of the new Act forbid this behavior and violators will be punished – with fines and imprisonment, he added.