View Full Version : CBR150R Riders, Join us now!

collectees
19-02-2008, 07:47 AM
talking abt ZED ........... did he finish scanning the Part Book yet ?

working on it. i scanning one page by one page at home, cos i don't want to pay people to do it for me.

scan finish then i scan Zhengyuan's stickers.

collectees
19-02-2008, 08:50 AM
ya thanks to zed today that y u can see me post all the time if not people will say i mia loh my laptop got problem so cant online here

eh don't tell the whole world leh, i not running PC repair business. =P

d0n^
19-02-2008, 09:12 AM
working on it. i scanning one page by one page at home, cos i don't want to pay people to do it for me.

scan finish then i scan Zhengyuan's stickers.

bro
are the documents in A4 size?
i can use the photocopier in my office to scan into pdf directly using the feeder
:cheeky:

ozzarhomb
19-02-2008, 12:33 PM
not really lah now gd boy pillion all the time got power cut on my waist one loh i now gd boy follow speed limit and i got my best fc on my new cdi at 36km/l
u using racing CDI ah? :confused:

collectees
19-02-2008, 01:24 PM
bro
are the documents in A4 size?
i can use the photocopier in my office to scan into pdf directly using the feeder

yeah, i have the same machine too. but the manual is in booklet form, so we'll have to manually photocopy first, then scan.

i want to save the earth, so skip the photocopy process.

collectees
19-02-2008, 01:25 PM

yeah. on BKE coming back from JB he win me and Wandi. =(

d0n^
19-02-2008, 02:04 PM
yeah, i have the same machine too. but the manual is in booklet form, so we'll have to manually photocopy first, then scan.

i want to save the earth, so skip the photocopy process.

yr efforts are very much appreciated
the future of CBR150 thread depend on you liao
:P

vibration_42
19-02-2008, 11:02 PM
Any idea if a CBR 2nd hand is priced at?

thisisme
20-02-2008, 01:33 AM

ya in terms on pick up is very gd acc excellent but top speed remain may be need to do so tunning now looking for a bike sho that koe our bike very well

thisisme
20-02-2008, 01:34 AM

bro have to see no plate mine ard 2k ++ FW

thisisme
20-02-2008, 01:36 AM
yeah. on BKE coming back from JB he win me and Wandi. =(

hey wandi overtake me back lei his top speed better

lazy1000
20-02-2008, 07:59 AM
Just wondering why u are repeating your question after everyone had been answering u the previous page?!?
:giddy: :giddy: :giddy:

collectees
20-02-2008, 08:32 AM
Just wondering why u are repeating your question after everyone had been answering u the previous page?!?
:giddy: :giddy: :giddy:

wa, fierce leh...

Newboy1982
20-02-2008, 11:29 AM

Slightly above 100/per mth.. Interested??? Hehe.. :cheeky:

ozzarhomb
20-02-2008, 11:59 AM
wa, fierce leh...
no lah, it's irritating mah, he just answered a short while ago then comes along another fellow asking the same question. :faint:

for me i dun bother answering those questions anymore. not hard for those who wants to know to find out mah. it's just being lazy, and lazy1000 cannot take it when people are more lazy than him. :cheeky:

collectees
20-02-2008, 12:02 PM
no lah, it's irritating mah, he just answered a short while ago then comes along another fellow asking the same question. :faint:

for me i dun bother answering those questions anymore. not hard for those who wants to know to find out mah. it's just being lazy, and lazy1000 cannot take it when people are more lazy than him. :cheeky:

true. if i can read first page till last, i'm sure everyone else can do it too.

but then again not everyone as boh liao as me. =P

ozzarhomb
20-02-2008, 12:35 PM

there's no need for that actually mah, read back a few pages can find liao lor. :sian: :sian:

thisisme
20-02-2008, 12:52 PM

haha then i also very bo liao also i read every page

ozzarhomb
20-02-2008, 12:58 PM
haha then i also very bo liao also i read every page
bo wei gong. :faint:

come to think of it, i believed i read every page too, but back at my time there were a lot less pages to start with. :cheeky:

thisisme
20-02-2008, 01:00 PM
i forgot which thread i read b4 one of the 400cc thread what they do is that they post all the repeated questions and answer on 2 pages and if anyone ask they will get them to see the two pages

thisisme
20-02-2008, 01:02 PM
bo wei gong. :faint:

come to think of it, i believed i read every page too, but back at my time there were a lot less pages to start with. :cheeky:

ok but wat i can say is that reading all the page will make u more understand about bike and who is senior in here u wont mind reading that much page if u love and have the passion on the bike

thisisme
20-02-2008, 01:03 PM
wee boon if i thought of getting a super4 which spec should i take

lazy1000
20-02-2008, 01:12 PM
Correction, Wee Boon.
Its not another fellow.. its the SAME fellow.. thats why i'm feeling puzzled. BUT definitely not pissed off.. just feel puzzled lah.. thats all..

blurger
20-02-2008, 02:20 PM
hi all, i'm on mc so finally got time to log in and catch up but too lazy to read back hehe coz i forgot where i stop at which could be 20+ pages i believe so shall just continue from here :-)

blurger
20-02-2008, 02:20 PM
hope everybody is doing fine

ozzarhomb
20-02-2008, 05:39 PM
wee boon if i thought of getting a super4 which spec should i take
i used to ride a SPEC 1. From what i know, there are no serious problems with any versions of the CB4 series.

i would have recommended Ver S but it's too old already. performance of Ver S won't lose to the newer ones and have better FC. to me, V**C technology don't really makes too much of a different in performance except for a bit of difference in sound.

all these said, get spec 3 ba. engine newer and looks nicer. i wouldn't recommend spec 2 as the design is similar to spec 1, if on budget might as well get spec 1, not much difference except for HISS.

when choosing remember to give a good look at the header pipe there, check if there's signs of leakage. my mechanic once told me the engine block there is prone to cracks, cannot repair, only replace, so u know lah, expensive.

hope this helps :smile:

ozzarhomb
20-02-2008, 05:41 PM
Correction, Wee Boon.
Its not another fellow.. its the SAME fellow.. thats why i'm feeling puzzled. BUT definitely not pissed off.. just feel puzzled lah.. thats all..
oh, that's funny, maybe that guy got bad memory, give him the benefit of the doubt. we'll just make him buy us a round of drinks if he buys CBR150R. :cheeky:

collectees
20-02-2008, 06:33 PM
hope everybody is doing fine

wa! the frowers Wee Boon buy for you on Varentine day ah? so jweet..! =P

Am hoppus
20-02-2008, 07:34 PM
hey guys need some help. hoping u guys can answer me..recently i just changed my rear wheel bearings and i still can hear abit of the screeching sound but better than before. what may cause of it?

kumudug
20-02-2008, 08:14 PM
HI guys I need some help

I wanna know whether I can fix a 120/70 tyre to my CBR. I mean the stock rear is 100/80 so the height of tyre is 80 but in 120/70 the height is 84. So is there enough space to fix it.

kumudug
20-02-2008, 08:15 PM
Hi

Have anyone fixed an HID to the CBR 150. I saw in old threads limbat was talking about it.

thisisme
20-02-2008, 09:21 PM
HI guys I need some help

I wanna know whether I can fix a 120/70 tyre to my CBR. I mean the stock rear is 100/80 so the height of tyre is 80 but in 120/70 the height is 84. So is there enough space to fix it.

hi few months ago when i change my tyre i also looking at the size of 120 but then the mech told me that it too big will hit the swing arm

thisisme
20-02-2008, 09:24 PM
i used to ride a SPEC 1. From what i know, there are no serious problems with any versions of the CB4 series.

i would have recommended Ver S but it's too old already. performance of Ver S won't lose to the newer ones and have better FC. to me, V**C technology don't really makes too much of a different in performance except for a bit of difference in sound.

all these said, get spec 3 ba. engine newer and looks nicer. i wouldn't recommend spec 2 as the design is similar to spec 1, if on budget might as well get spec 1, not much difference except for HISS.

when choosing remember to give a good look at the header pipe there, check if there's signs of leakage. my mechanic once told me the engine block there is prone to cracks, cannot repair, only replace, so u know lah, expensive.

hope this helps :smile:

hi bro thanks for the advice will be looking at the budget side cos i want my class 2 bike so i can say that spec 1 do not have the hiss . for the hiss is that very useful

thisisme
20-02-2008, 09:25 PM
Hi

Have anyone fixed an HID to the CBR 150. I saw in old threads limbat was talking about it.

ya limbat bike is the only bike with HID

collectees
20-02-2008, 09:31 PM
hey guys need some help. hoping u guys can answer me..recently i just changed my rear wheel bearings and i still can hear abit of the screeching sound but better than before. what may cause of it?

ooh... i'm a big fan of rear bearing problems. my first rear bearing failure was non existence to me even though i was fish tailing going straight line at high speeds, on-off screeching was loud enough to shatter glass, until i found out i had busted half the number of ball bearings inside.

is the scrreching on-off, or only during breaking?

ozzarhomb
20-02-2008, 09:48 PM
why u all wan to fit such a fat tire onto the bike? :confused:

holugyi
20-02-2008, 10:04 PM
I went for class 2A lesson 1.1 last night, ...>>>....fail... :D he he 2 times alrdy. try again .. lol.. :P

Am hoppus
20-02-2008, 10:08 PM
ooh... i'm a big fan of rear bearing problems. my first rear bearing failure was non existence to me even though i was fish tailing going straight line at high speeds, on-off screeching was loud enough to shatter glass, until i found out i had busted half the number of ball bearings inside.

is the scrreching on-off, or only during breaking?

hmm i cld say its on and off bro. usually when going on slow speed, i cld hear the screeching sound but not that loud. Before changing of my bearings, the sound is super loud and its like the rear tyre got no air...

collectees
20-02-2008, 10:56 PM
hmm i cld say its on and off bro. usually when going on slow speed, i cld hear the screeching sound but not that loud. Before changing of my bearings, the sound is super loud and its like the rear tyre got no air...

intermittent eh? if bearing change was done recently i'd go back and get it checked for free. maybe they didn't tighten the bolt or something. or i'd get it changed again at another shop. faulty rear bearings are very dangerous cos the cos rear end fishtail when you least expect.

ozzarhomb
20-02-2008, 11:31 PM
I went for class 2A lesson 1.1 last night, ...>>>....fail... :D he he 2 times alrdy. try again .. lol.. :P
keep trying ba. it's not that hard de. all the best!! :smile: :cheer:

SparkerS1
21-02-2008, 07:23 AM
hi few months ago when i change my tyre i also looking at the size of 120 but then the mech told me that it too big will hit the swing arm

yeap, bigger tires scared will hit the swing arm when cornering, advisable not to put too big tires, biggest 110/70 can liao, best is 90/80, so that will not compromise pick up

thisisme
21-02-2008, 09:07 AM

wow so fast 2a liao when changing bike

thisisme
21-02-2008, 09:08 AM
yeap, bigger tires scared will hit the swing arm when cornering, advisable not to put too big tires, biggest 110/70 can liao, best is 90/80, so that will not compromise pick up

ya 110/70 gd enough liao

blurger
21-02-2008, 01:21 PM
jia you jia you

blurger
21-02-2008, 01:25 PM
for ppl who are interested in getting cbr150 blue color this person is selling

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180188

but i think the price is too high

collectees
21-02-2008, 01:47 PM
jia you jia you

eh May! where the picture of the nice flower go? why become housefly?

limbat
21-02-2008, 02:35 PM
ya limbat bike is the only bike with HID

:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

blurger
21-02-2008, 04:26 PM
eh May! where the picture of the nice flower go? why become housefly?
haha somebody complain say he sees it everywhere so i change it. anyway its not housefly its butterfly

collectees
21-02-2008, 05:19 PM
haha somebody complain say he sees it everywhere so i change it. anyway its not housefly its butterfly

lol... butterfly housefly, iceberg carslberg spielberg, same difference...

limbat
22-02-2008, 12:48 AM
jia you jia you

But hor pio here pio there .................. get a high maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :cheeky: :cheeky:

Whooopeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :angel:

limbat
22-02-2008, 12:48 AM
lol... butterfly housefly, iceberg carslberg spielberg, same difference...

should be threadfly & threadberg ......................... laaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :cheeky:

JetGrey
22-02-2008, 09:29 PM
Is it just me, or has Wandi disappeared?

JetGrey
22-02-2008, 09:31 PM
for ppl who are interested in getting cbr150 blue color this person is selling

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180188

but i think the price is too high

I agree.. A bit on the expensive side.. Maybe should ard $2-2.5k region?

thisisme
22-02-2008, 11:59 PM
Is it just me, or has Wandi disappeared?

wadi busy with work everyday work just for his target he should koe wat i mean

avenue avenue avenue avenue avenue avenue avenue avenue avenue avenue

thisisme
23-02-2008, 12:00 AM
I agree.. A bit on the expensive side.. Maybe should ard $2-2.5k region?

ya it is ex to me as he say is a stock bike

lazy1000
23-02-2008, 12:06 AM
bro, hows ur new job??

thisisme
23-02-2008, 01:24 AM
bro, hows ur new job??

r u talking about me mine have not start yet next month

thisisme
23-02-2008, 10:41 PM
wow everyone so busy not a single post on saturday

collectees
23-02-2008, 10:45 PM
ok. post. upz.

thisisme
23-02-2008, 11:34 PM
hey zed when u changing the fast trotter dont koe how to spell hope u understand

thisisme
23-02-2008, 11:42 PM
hey anyone can help me wat to choose both a e33 box one is new at $40 and one is 2nd hand rate 8/10 at $25 which will be a better choice i will be using the box for the most 6 months thanks in advance

lazy1000
23-02-2008, 11:43 PM
Alright.. Here i come as well.
ups~~

lazy1000
23-02-2008, 11:45 PM
actually if u using most 6months and if u dun mind.. just get the $25 one should be enough..
anway, i tot u getting super4? why not get a bigger box then can use it for ur 2A bike also??

hey anyone can help me wat to choose both a e33 box one is new at $40 and one is 2nd hand rate 8/10 at $25 which will be a better choice i will be using the box for the most 6 months thanks in advance

thisisme
23-02-2008, 11:53 PM
saw some of the post 45litres 80 over dont wish to spend so much on box only the rack still not included leh

collectees
23-02-2008, 11:57 PM

2nd hand sounds like a better deal, since the price difference is almost 50%. and you already know that you buying car after 6 months.

collectees
23-02-2008, 11:58 PM
hey zed when u changing the fast trotter dont koe how to spell hope u understand

looking for the 'brembo' ones first. the only ones i've seen so far are Domino brand ones. i like the red color la, match my bike.

thisisme
23-02-2008, 11:59 PM
2nd hand sounds like a better deal, since the price difference is almost 50%. and you already know that you buying car after 6 months.

when did i say i buying car

thisisme
24-02-2008, 12:00 AM
looking for the 'brembo' ones first. the only ones i've seen so far are Domino brand ones. i like the red color la, match my bike.

how much is the Domino did u ask can fix or not cos i heard b4 ours cant fix leh

collectees
24-02-2008, 12:13 AM
how much is the Domino did u ask can fix or not cos i heard b4 ours cant fix leh

i also don't think can fix. i also not pro enough to use 1/4 turn quick throttle. today fall down again cos not paying attention and knock the kerb.

anyways i'm more interested to modify so got the Brembo brand. i want to be just like you mah.

holugyi
24-02-2008, 12:15 AM
hi guys, i went to air show today. i parked at changi ferry rd car park ard 12 pm, but not in car park coz fulled. so i parked right side of entrace rd, on the grass near platform. a lot bikes, 30 over, parked there. when i come bk there ard 4 pm, i saw a notice paper on my bike by National parks. :(
then i saw the paper on other bikes, ard 10 bikes which still parked beside my bike. so, i checked out to other parked bikes which parked other side. they didn't get it. just got the paper who parked on the grass. S$100. :( i thought that is not fair. if we got FInE, have to fine to all bikes which not parked inside the car park lor........
i got other FINE S$ 70 last week, which i parked on the grass at tampines ave 4 beside central. this is 2 nd time for me, another 100$.

but this time, i feel that not fair.:D.. what can i do? any suggestion fm guys!!!
tks a lot

srry for my long pagraph.. :P he he

lazy1000
24-02-2008, 12:23 AM
Actually this issue was brought up in STOMP. those bikes parked at this dividers in btw roads din kenna. only those like urself kenna..
cos it was from National Park

if u had parked at the dividers, TP wun fine u also as mentioned in STOMP.
i think u cun do much about it other than appeal for it? complain about the lack of parking lotS??

hi guys, i went to air show today. i parked at changi ferry rd car park ard 12 pm, but not in car park coz fulled. so i parked right side of entrace rd, on the grass near platform. a lot bikes, 30 over, parked there. when i come bk there ard 4 pm, i saw a notice paper on my bike by National parks. :(
then i saw the paper on other bikes, ard 10 bikes which still parked beside my bike. so, i checked out to other parked bikes which parked other side. they didn't get it. just got the paper who parked on the grass. S$100. :( i thought that is not fair. if we got FInE, have to fine to all bikes which not parked inside the car park lor........
i got other FINE S$ 70 last week, which i parked on the grass at tampines ave 4 beside central. this is 2 nd time for me, another 100$.

but this time, i feel that not fair.:D.. what can i do? any suggestion fm guys!!!
tks a lot

collectees
24-02-2008, 12:58 AM
hi guys, i went to air show

tks a lot

i blame the air show. i can only wonder what's going to happen at the upcoming bike show.

Fad
24-02-2008, 02:56 AM
I think for the bike show, someone with a car should come fetch us and go together o_O

The bike lots there are super duper mini, i want to park also i scared.

lazy1000
24-02-2008, 09:17 AM
bro, does the 2nd hand e33 include rack also??
cos if it doesn't u gotta buy a rack anyway.

so comparison is oni between e33 $25 vs 45L $80
diff of $55 but its like much bigger and its a long term investment mah..
since u can use for ur s4 next time..

if u buy e33 next time wanna upgrade cos too small for u liao, it will be ard the same and it will be more troublesome..

saw some of the post 45litres 80 over dont wish to spend so much on box only the rack still not included leh

holugyi
24-02-2008, 10:02 AM
heyyy!!! i hav e33 box wt base plate. if i m not wrong, can put 1 helmet. anyone interested !! I give to free... sure... nothing to hope to gain bk.. just give who really wanted... sms to me 97387245 for arrange to collection at clementi. ( for cbr 150 family only ) :D ha ha

collectees
24-02-2008, 11:30 AM
heyyy!!! i hav e33 box wt base plate. if i m not wrong, can put 1 helmet. anyone interested !! I give to free... sure... nothing to hope to gain bk.. just give who really wanted... sms to me 97387245 for arrange to collection at clementi. ( for cbr 150 family only ) :D ha ha

i like your style! next time buy you drink!

lazy1000
24-02-2008, 11:30 AM
haha.. i think very soon derrick will give u a call liao.. then he no need to buy.. dun have to think of 33L or 45L liao..

Derrick, alright decision made. E33 box from bro holugyi. Period.

holugyi
24-02-2008, 11:52 AM
ok, i w8ing for derrick. btw , where he stay? if so far fr my place, can arrange somewhere to meet. but i m always busy person. ha ha :D

anyone who want the box, can sms to me also........ 1st come 1 st serve.. he he :p

malik88
24-02-2008, 05:30 PM
bz bz bz..hee.. hey guys, since i finish sch already, thought can do a lil gathering thingy.. hmm.. bout the date, haha..i duno..=D 2nd march anyone..? hee..

ozzarhomb
24-02-2008, 07:11 PM
hi guys, haven't been here for a little while. hope everyone's doing well and riding great.

Derrick buying car ah? upz for him too :thumb:

lazy1000
24-02-2008, 08:44 PM
Hey guys, wanna ask u all something..
how to determine the tension of our chain whether its too tight or too loose huh??

collectees
24-02-2008, 08:51 PM
how to determine the tension of our chain whether its too tight or too loose huh??

there's a sticker in thai on my swing arm that says something like 1 inch free play.

holugyi
24-02-2008, 09:00 PM
srry guys.. my box is not e33, e 16 smile.. only.. :D

d0n^
24-02-2008, 09:44 PM

estimate the centre portion of the lower half of chain between the front and rear sprockets. push the chain upwards. the freeplay should be around 1inch.
:)

lazy1000
24-02-2008, 10:36 PM
thx guys..
i guess mine is too loose liao now.. tml gotta go down bikeworkz liao.. tighten chain..
btw, how often will the chain needs re-adjustment one ah??

collectees
24-02-2008, 11:17 PM
thx guys..
i guess mine is too loose liao now.. tml gotta go down bikeworkz liao.. tighten chain..

when loose lor. =P i hope you don't have to pay for it. the last 2 times i had it done cost me RM1, then FOC. it's a really simply process, but we don't have the tools.

thisisme
24-02-2008, 11:40 PM
thx guys..

i going bikeworks tommorrow

ozzarhomb
24-02-2008, 11:45 PM
when loose lor. =P i hope you don't have to pay for it. the last 2 times i had it done cost me RM1, then FOC. it's a really simply process, but we don't have the tools.
ya free de at ur friendly bike shop. :smile:

a tell-tale sign that u'll have to change ur chain will be when u can see the groove of ur sprocket when u pull at it right from the right most end of your chain. i.e. where the rear sprocket and chain makes a horizontal U. hee hope not too confusing. :cheeky:

safe estimate for this bike should be at least 20k. i changed mine at 25k i think and the chain actually was still in very fantastic condition, just that my hands itchy for the "gold" chain

thisisme
24-02-2008, 11:48 PM
hi guys, haven't been here for a little while. hope everyone's doing well and riding great.

Derrick buying car ah? upz for him too :thumb:

hey i not buying car not that rich to feed the goverment more haha

Wankidal
25-02-2008, 12:26 AM
i'm alive i'm alive

thisisme
25-02-2008, 12:27 AM
wandi if u cant get me on my singapore mobile pls call 016-7419067 k dont say i mia

thisisme
25-02-2008, 12:28 AM
i'm alive i'm alive

at last u come in lots of people thought u lost liao

Wankidal
25-02-2008, 02:15 AM
wandi if u cant get me on my singapore mobile pls call 016-7419067 k dont say i mia

oh noted. thanks for the stuffs today.

Wankidal
25-02-2008, 02:18 AM
at last u come in lots of people thought u lost liao

i'm still alive. the reason why i don't post is cause i'm busy. somemore there's nothing to talk so why post if got nothing to say. right anot.

collectees
25-02-2008, 07:28 AM
Derrick our huggers are on the way. we should be getting it tommorrow or the day after.

Wankidal
25-02-2008, 02:50 PM
Derrick our huggers are on the way. we should be getting it tommorrow or the day after.

if you receive your stuffs tell me. i might wanna buy the racing seat instead of a new seat and rewrap it. don't mind can give me the link.

ozzarhomb
25-02-2008, 03:04 PM
i'm still alive. the reason why i don't post is cause i'm busy. somemore there's nothing to talk so why post if got nothing to say. right anot.
wandi so u busy with work nowadays ah? :smile:

collectees
25-02-2008, 03:58 PM
wandi so u busy with work nowadays ah? :smile:

wayang gedek. he got other 'projects' to do.

collectees
25-02-2008, 04:00 PM
if you receive your stuffs tell me. i might wanna buy the racing seat instead of a new seat and rewrap it. don't mind can give me the link.

www.aseanmoto.com

since you so steady come online and post, Derrick and I will keep our promise. Later we meeting to collect the huggers. We tell postman, postman also steady for you.

obeno
25-02-2008, 09:04 PM

lazy1000
25-02-2008, 09:39 PM
sorry bro, i dun really get u.. are u trying to say at the right most of the chain where the sprocket is, when i can pull the chain right-wards-->> then it means too loose?
if i can pull it right-wards, wun it like be near of dropping out liao??

and also, ur last paragraph, u mentioned ard 20k to do what? u mean adjust or change the whole chain ah??

ya free de at ur friendly bike shop. :smile:

a tell-tale sign that u'll have to change ur chain will be when u can see the groove of ur sprocket when u pull at it right from the right most end of your chain. i.e. where the rear sprocket and chain makes a horizontal U. hee hope not too confusing. :cheeky:

safe estimate for this bike should be at least 20k. i changed mine at 25k i think and the chain actually was still in very fantastic condition, just that my hands itchy for the "gold" chain

lazy1000
25-02-2008, 09:44 PM
i went to tighten my chain today liao.. i saw how he tighten it..
actually dun need any special tools for it.. cos i saw on "hands on" thread about adjusting chain..
maybe some bikes need lah.. but not ours..

what the mechanic do is actually:
1. loosen the nut which holds the rear sprocket to the swing arm..
2. at the end of the swingarm, theres 2 smaller nuts.. unscrew them further outwards (which means backwards lah)
3. then sort of "push" the whole wheel backwards (become like the the whole rear sprocket + wheel further backwards) such that the chain in a way gets tighter
4. tighten back all the nuts

then its done...

d0n^
25-02-2008, 10:43 PM
actually dun need any special tools for it.. cos i saw on "hands on" thread about adjusting chain..

2. at the end of the swingarm, theres 2 smaller nuts.. unscrew them further outwards (which means backwards lah)
3. then sort of "push" the whole wheel backwards (become like the the whole rear sprocket + wheel further backwards) such that the chain in a way gets tighter

then its done...

yah. u r right. basically, u turn the 2 smaller nuts at both ends of the swingarm in clockwise direction to push the entire rear wheel further behind so that the chain 'tightens'.
if u happen to overtighten the 2 nuts, just turn them back anti-clockwise and hit the rear wheel frontwards abit. :)

thisisme
26-02-2008, 12:37 AM
hi just a update i am half a boxer family from now got my box today really thanks for the box holugyi

thisisme
26-02-2008, 12:39 AM
zed also thanks to zed my hugger is up loo really nice

Fad
26-02-2008, 12:41 AM
Got such thing as half a boxer meh? Boxer means boxer la... haha, one less racer in our group.

Post some pics pls of the bike with rear hugger. Sure looks nice :thumb:

ozzarhomb
26-02-2008, 02:31 AM
correcto, meaning to say at the right most end where the chain actually surrounds the rear sprocket, if u pull it and u can see the groove of ur sprocket from where u pull, ur chain cannot make it liao. time for change.

i meant i did a check on my chain and sprocket at 20k, it was still good to go. actually, my 1st set of chain and sprockets (the stock ones) lasted a good 2 years without tightening at all. when i replaced my chain and sprocket as a set, it was more for the sake of changing it rather than the need to change it.

UPZ for stock chain and sprockets!! :cheer:

sorry bro, i dun really get u.. are u trying to say at the right most of the chain where the sprocket is, when i can pull the chain right-wards-->> then it means too loose?
if i can pull it right-wards, wun it like be near of dropping out liao??

and also, ur last paragraph, u mentioned ard 20k to do what? u mean adjust or change the whole chain ah??

ozzarhomb
26-02-2008, 02:32 AM

then its done...
yup no need special tools from what i remember, cuz the crucial part is to actually tighten the axle such that the wheel will be aligned with the frame and our swingarm actually has a little gauge for u to measure how far u tighten on both sides of the swingarm. hope this helps. :smile:

collectees
26-02-2008, 08:40 AM

then its done...

its the 'pushing' part i'm not confident about. because the wheel is sitting on the ground i would want to hammer it, but i don't have such a big hammer.

if use jack to push off ground might be a bit easier, but i scared to DIY wheel and brake stuff.

collectees
26-02-2008, 08:42 AM
Got such thing as half a boxer meh? Boxer means boxer la... haha, one less racer in our group.

money worth spent. i'll do up mine this weekend and get some pics.

collectees
26-02-2008, 08:53 AM

oie, i thought you say go home don't post liao. before sleep still post!

lazy1000
26-02-2008, 11:10 AM
means zed thanked zed.. derrick din thank u.. =P

hey i wanna see the rear hugger on!! derrick, if u free come show me leh.. haha..

collectees
26-02-2008, 08:21 PM
it's installed on Derrick's bike, but i'll only have time to do mine this weekend.

looks like we've found a contact in Thailand. next order will be late April early May. i think quiet a few of us keen in the carbon fiber 'look' tank cover, but i maybe able to DIY for us at a less expensive cost (<1800THB). i go test first.

thisisme
26-02-2008, 11:47 PM
oie, i thought you say go home don't post liao. before sleep still post!

dont koe leh may be got love sick with the tread liao never go in cant sleep

thisisme
26-02-2008, 11:48 PM
means zed thanked zed.. derrick din thank u.. =P

hey i wanna see the rear hugger on!! derrick, if u free come show me leh.. haha..

kk see when i free i come down yr house very near only lah

thisisme
26-02-2008, 11:50 PM

cos got the box dont have the rack yet so half done when will it be yr turn shall we left wandi the only one without the box haha

thisisme
27-02-2008, 10:54 AM
1 more guy selling cbr150r grey fw same as mine
http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180869
put side box cbr first and only in singapore

holugyi
27-02-2008, 11:42 AM
hi guys. !! what a bout this?..>>>> 38L/100Km. <<.. Normaly i just know that ..>> 38Km/L. or something like that ..>> Km/ h , Km / L ... i dun know this term... L / Km.. if u guys know that.. pls tell me.. tks a lot.

collectees
27-02-2008, 02:25 PM
hi guys. !! what a bout this?..>>>> 38L/100Km. <<.. Normaly i just know that ..>> 38Km/L. or something like that ..>> Km/ h , Km / L ... i dun know this term... L / Km.. if u guys know that.. pls tell me.. tks a lot.

hi Yeoo! maybe is just typo error.

ozzarhomb
27-02-2008, 04:49 PM
that's the one i told u guys sometimes back. he's from my school de. i've seen it. trust me, it looks rather good actually.

at least to me, it looks better than having a top box. but whether how much it affects the bike in terms i handling and FC i won't know. :smile:

wee keong
27-02-2008, 04:54 PM
hi guys, i'm looking for a second hand reasonable condition CBR 150. anyone selling? not on high budget cause i'm at the same time taking my 2A. :)

collectees
27-02-2008, 05:27 PM
hi guys, i'm looking for a second hand reasonable condition CBR 150. anyone selling? not on high budget cause i'm at the same time taking my 2A. :)

good timing la! go get the silver FW that's highly recommended by old bird boonie!

ups ups ups!

wee keong
27-02-2008, 07:20 PM
good timing la! go get the silver FW that's highly recommended by old bird boonie!

ups ups ups!

PM-ed the seller already :) anyway, hoping to get more options. my bro is looking for one too.

Am hoppus
27-02-2008, 08:29 PM
hey wee keong. theres are two sellers selling their CBR bikes. check it out @ the garage sales section. One is FZ and the other is FBA plate.

wee keong
27-02-2008, 09:34 PM
hey wee keong. theres are two sellers selling their CBR bikes. check it out @ the garage sales section. One is FZ and the other is FBA plate.

ow yes i saw it already. great condition too. but i can't commit so much for a bike now, army boy soon to be already. haha.

ozzarhomb
28-02-2008, 12:05 AM

ups ups ups!
hello hello, dun quote me hor, i never recommend that FW plate bike. i just commented that side boxes look good on our bikes actually. :cheer:

on the other hand, i'm not saying this bike is chui, i never seen or heard the bike in action to place such comments. :smile:

thisisme
28-02-2008, 12:17 AM
hello hello, dun quote me hor, i never recommend that FW plate bike. i just commented that side boxes look good on our bikes actually. :cheer:

on the other hand, i'm not saying this bike is chui, i never seen or heard the bike in action to place such comments. :smile:

wow bro dont so fierce leh u want to be the second one to try the side box then next time u dont need to ask uncle lim for the 42litres box liao 2+1 sure enough

thisisme
28-02-2008, 12:20 AM
ow yes i saw it already. great condition too. but i can't commit so much for a bike now, army boy soon to be already. haha.

hi bro take more time to look for a bike dont rush but cbr150r is a gd bike with low maintance so do consider

ozzarhomb
28-02-2008, 12:22 AM
wow bro dont so fierce leh u want to be the second one to try the side box then next time u dont need to ask uncle lim for the 42litres box liao 2+1 sure enough
no bro, where got fierce? haha. i very friendly de. :smile:

thisisme
28-02-2008, 12:27 AM
no bro, where got fierce? haha. i very friendly de. :smile:

is it by the way how many litres is yr box and where to buy rack better got 2 choice leh one ah boy $35 one hkl $58 got different if use different brand noob on box

ozzarhomb
28-02-2008, 12:30 AM
is it by the way how many litres is yr box and where to buy rack better got 2 choice leh one ah boy $35 one hkl $58 got different if use different brand noob on box
mine is a Givi 33L box. not too sure about the rack as the box and rack comes free by my motorshop when the bike was bought. paiseh can't really advise u on this :sorry:

wee keong
28-02-2008, 12:43 AM
hi bro take more time to look for a bike dont rush but cbr150r is a gd bike with low maintance so do consider

yup, that's why i'm seriously considering CBR150 or a X1. but cup seems abit unstable to me. i rather take CBR if i have a choice.

thisisme
28-02-2008, 12:56 AM
i would prefer too a cbr150r cos of the tank and is a sport bike riding a fw which is 4 years old still got no problem and malaysia come out this bike liao mean accessory will be much easier but must give them time to come in

collectees
28-02-2008, 08:49 AM

eh? i thought you say it;s from your school and you saw it?

ozzarhomb
28-02-2008, 11:36 AM
eh? i thought you say it;s from your school and you saw it?
ya i've seen the bike around, but i never stop to inspect the bike. :smile:

collectees
28-02-2008, 01:22 PM
ya i've seen the bike around, but i never stop to inspect the bike. :smile:

aiyo, so technical. ok la, rephrase: 'Not recommended by old bird Boon!' =P

Jenga
28-02-2008, 02:17 PM
Any tips/hints of typical things to look out for when buying 2nd hand CBR150? I can imagine the usual stuff but anything more specific for CBR150?
Thanks!

ozzarhomb
28-02-2008, 02:33 PM
aiyo, so technical. ok la, rephrase: 'Not recommended by old bird Boon!' =P
:faint: u never read the previous posts. and dun anyhow qutoe me again!! :gun:

collectees
28-02-2008, 03:03 PM
:faint: u never read the previous posts. and dun anyhow qutoe me again!! :gun:

don't disturb liao. i shut up.

NaRuTo13
28-02-2008, 03:46 PM
btw for our bike it was say 90/80 for rear is better ? cos my 110/80 bt39 tyre i think i wan change by tml.. cant even really see the size from bridgestone website too.. but i wonder will 90/80 tyre be too thin under heavy load? or such that the thickness of the tyre will be too little ? anyone to advise?

Genitic
28-02-2008, 06:15 PM
Guys... is uncle Lim in town and will he be in on sat?? my lightbulb just busted...

malik88
28-02-2008, 07:43 PM
brothers..sad to say..i got into accident..anyone can help me out..? do add me in msn aight any of u..i really need help.. chicky_007_008@hotmail.com..

Am hoppus
28-02-2008, 07:44 PM
NaRuTo13, like what they say if u want faster pick up then grab the 90/80 for rear..but i go for fat tyre for my rear.

Am hoppus
28-02-2008, 07:45 PM
brothers..sad to say..i got into accident..anyone can help me out..? do add me in msn aight any of u..i really need help.. chicky_007_008@hotmail.com..

hey bro, what happen man ?

malik88
28-02-2008, 07:46 PM
was going straight at jurong west st 52.. then this car suddenly came out of carpark..tot it would stop so i jus move on.. then car suddenly rush out, i couldnt stop in time..flew quite a distance..bike buang..i got loadsa cuts..u copy the e-mail i gave and go view in friendster my cuts..11 stitches..haizz..

NaRuTo13
28-02-2008, 08:17 PM
NaRuTo13, like what they say if u want faster pick up then grab the 90/80 for rear..but i go for fat tyre for my rear.

i wanna know more towards will this tyre cant handle weight n such ? since its smaller in term of size..

cos my bike acceleration still having problem which also duno wat the cause.. plus tyre is still leaking after 2 time of repair to the hole and i wish to change to a slimmer tyre mah..

NaRuTo13
28-02-2008, 08:19 PM
was going straight at jurong west st 52.. then this car suddenly came out of carpark..tot it would stop so i jus move on.. then car suddenly rush out, i couldnt stop in time..flew quite a distance..bike buang..i got loadsa cuts..u copy the e-mail i gave and go view in friendster my cuts..11 stitches..haizz..

did u even have a police report involve? from what i read in sbf.. if u got police report it will be easier to claim depend on the verdict from the police too..

btw what insurance r u from ? if u from ntuc, u r required to go to 1 of the idac inspection centre to assess your bike damage and to report the accident.. its a requirment..

obeno
28-02-2008, 09:03 PM

malik88
28-02-2008, 09:06 PM
i think point of impact, from the pix i seen from my father's photos, is the front part of the car..nearer to right side.. and the driver knew himself that he was in a wrong..he kanchiong spider..ok i heard from a friend that when i'm well, i need to go idac make report or something..then the bike oso gota be there to make assesments..then can make claims..that true..? hmm... :cry: the bike really horrible state sia..no $$ to repair..haizz..

NaRuTo13
28-02-2008, 09:37 PM
i think point of impact, from the pix i seen from my father's photos, is the front part of the car..nearer to right side.. and the driver knew himself that he was in a wrong..he kanchiong spider..ok i heard from a friend that when i'm well, i need to go idac make report or something..then the bike oso gota be there to make assesments..then can make claims..that true..? hmm... :cry: the bike really horrible state sia..no $$ to repair..haizz..

did u saw my post ? u haven clarify which insurer ur bike is on? if ntuc u MUST make a idac report and to be assess.. other insurer then u dun have to go idac i suppose.. if u r not from ntuc either check online on their method of reporting..

malik88
28-02-2008, 10:21 PM
its on NTUC.. forgot clarify..=D i called NTUC already..they wan report from IDAC..then i need send bike to IDAC then get their report..i got the police report..and there's some TP investigator guy call me on day of accident.. isit TP case already..?

d0n^
28-02-2008, 10:45 PM
btw for our bike it was say 90/80 for rear is better ? cos my 110/80 bt39 tyre i think i wan change by tml.. cant even really see the size from bridgestone website too.. but i wonder will 90/80 tyre be too thin under heavy load? or such that the thickness of the tyre will be too little ? anyone to advise?

im currently using 90/80 for rear tyre
so far so good
im fat + always pillion + have a big 42litre rear box also no problem

IMO, this tyre size is good for straights + still sufficient tyre thread for cornering until kena footrest :P

d0n^
28-02-2008, 10:59 PM
its on NTUC.. forgot clarify..=D i called NTUC already..they wan report from IDAC..then i need send bike to IDAC then get their report..i got the police report..and there's some TP investigator guy call me on day of accident.. isit TP case already..?

seems pretty much a TP case to me.
let the IDAC guys do the assessment of damages for u.
they will need a statement from u as well.

it will be good to consult a lawyer who has experience handling such accidents. he/she will be able to advise u accordingly based on the case facts.

some shops do offer free repair (u no need fork out money upfront) and then they will take a big cut from the compensation by the other party's insurance company payout.
whereas some shops will need u to fork out the repair costs then u recover the money from the other party's insurance company payout.

i myself havent got the contacts for the shops/lawyers (still lucky enough not to kena accident). try looking thru the part of this forum which talks abt accidents. should be able to have some takeaways.

i found 3 threads which may be useful for yr case:
http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69402&page=5
http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67540&page=3
http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67345

:goodluck: bro

malik88
28-02-2008, 11:40 PM
must report within 24 hrs..but my accident happen on tuesday..hw ehh..? and usually NTUC validity period is like hw long..? 1 week..? hopefully i can claim if nt jialat liaoo.. i tot dad gona settle but dad not doing anything might as well i settle myself..but i do need help...=(

collectees
29-02-2008, 12:07 AM

sounds like it's the car in the wrong, as you had right of way. also, most car park exits has the stop line, so technically he has to stop to give you way.

remember the stop line that all of us will stop during BBDC learning even if no car, but in real life nobody gives a ****?

collectees
29-02-2008, 12:10 AM
must report within 24 hrs..but my accident happen on tuesday..hw ehh..? and usually NTUC validity period is like hw long..? 1 week..? hopefully i can claim if nt jialat liaoo.. i tot dad gona settle but dad not doing anything might as well i settle myself..but i do need help...=(

wtf is a validity period? if 3 months later you report i understand that maybe someone trying to play punk.

but you can't expect a guy just kena accident go report right? then that time when i crack me ankle i should go and bleed all over their office floor! they complain me, then i say, 'but i scared my valididty expire mah!'

malik88
29-02-2008, 12:11 AM
hahah..yar i'm sure 110% positive he's in the wrong.. anyways, i'm sending my bike to IDAC tmr..what should i do nxt..? hmm.. i love this bike..haizz..

collectees
29-02-2008, 12:24 AM
hahah..yar i'm sure 110% positive he's in the wrong.. anyways, i'm sending my bike to IDAC tmr..what should i do nxt..? hmm.. i love this bike..haizz..

get everything fixed, on expense on the car.

also tell him that carbon rear hugger and tank cover comes stock. need to change also. basically, also fix everything thats not broken!

malik88
29-02-2008, 12:27 AM
wahaha..carbon rear hugger ehhh.. i think i need to re-make everything on the bike.. make it nice and new..=) so hopefully i'll get everything done and ride and show all of yah..hee..i miss riding..though i'm in great pain..=(

collectees
29-02-2008, 12:49 AM
wahaha..carbon rear hugger ehhh.. i think i need to re-make everything on the bike.. make it nice and new..=) so hopefully i'll get everything done and ride and show all of yah..hee..i miss riding..though i'm in great pain..=(

i've been there. when i cracked my right ankle i was put in a cast and told to stay home for 2 months. when my cast got changed to a removable one after 2 weeks, i started riding.

no rear breaks. =P

Fad
29-02-2008, 01:30 AM
Get well soon bro. Fortunately u didn't have any other injuries. :)

Just want to advise fellow riders, try as much as possible to wear proper gear when riding. As impractical as it is to bring around all that gear, you'll never know when shiet can happen. In my accident last time, i was wearing shorts and slippers, as a result had road rash all over and needed 3 stitches each on both feet. Accidents are hard to prevent, but wearing proper gear can really save you from unnecessary pain. Ride safe everyone.

thisisme
29-02-2008, 03:07 AM
ya true guys ride safe wish u have a speedy recovery as for yr bike i thnk u will win the case one so repair no problem tell the shop to fix everything dont need to cut cost the shop sure do for u can even do new paint work

thisisme
29-02-2008, 03:08 AM
hi guys as of 28 feb at 1430 hrs i am officially a boxer liao haha fad wandi when will be yr turn

NaRuTo13
29-02-2008, 07:02 AM
get everything fixed, on expense on the car.

also tell him that carbon rear hugger and tank cover comes stock. need to change also. basically, also fix everything thats not broken!

this is quite true.. when the claim form come it become sort of bargining kind.. lol.. so claim more to let them cut i guess this is normal..

but claim wise with police involve i think it will only be done until the report is out mah.. cos idac also only do damage assessment..

if police factor in ur favour actually can self claim the insrurer but abit mafan or like other say lawyer.. maybe that would be favourable for the one whose going to claim the other party insurer..

NaRuTo13
29-02-2008, 07:03 AM
im currently using 90/80 for rear tyre
so far so good
im fat + always pillion + have a big 42litre rear box also no problem

IMO, this tyre size is good for straights + still sufficient tyre thread for cornering until kena footrest :P

i am also fat + big size.. lol.. poly life only eat n slack haha.. guess i will change 90/80 then.. but should be quite ex now abt 110.. or anyone know wif shop got lobang pls advise too so i can call up n check..

lazy1000
29-02-2008, 08:52 AM
malik: not to pour cold water on u.. but the car was coming out from the carpark so i dun think he was going very fast. and if u kenna very jia lat, i reckon u must be speeding..
if u are, u gotta be careful not to kenna "shoot" back..

the rest on claims, like all the other bros said.. follow their advise cos I really know nuts on claims stuff also. my bad, sorry.

And, definitely.. speedy recovery bro!! we haven even met u!!!

apaulette_86
29-02-2008, 02:06 PM
...hello...i'm a new cbr150 owner from malaysia....can u tell me some basic modify to cbr150 like tyres or something?...:P

collectees
29-02-2008, 03:40 PM
...hello...i'm a new cbr150 owner from malaysia....can u tell me some basic modify to cbr150 like tyres or something?...:P

wow! you must be one of the first few to buy the bikes from Boon Siew Malaysia eh?

NaRuTo13
29-02-2008, 04:58 PM

so how much ringgit does it coes ? any insurance in malaysia too? detail price would be gd..

Fad
29-02-2008, 07:06 PM
hi guys as of 28 feb at 1430 hrs i am officially a boxer liao haha fad wandi when will be yr turn

Twisted by the dark side, young Derrick has become.
Join you in your evil conquest, we will not.

o_O

obeno
29-02-2008, 08:55 PM

obeno
29-02-2008, 09:01 PM

Aman47
29-02-2008, 09:11 PM
hey guys.. duno u all still remember me.. anyways, it's sad but im goin to sell of my bike soon. it's FBA 2*** plate.. mileage ard 21***km.. registered in mar 2006.. roughly how much can it fetch if i sell it of? either privately or to shops?

modifications include racing footrests, airfilter, balancers, seatcovers. mostly for cosmetic purposes. engine, carburettor etc all i never touch cos i noe no nuts abt them.. juz changed sprockets n chain..

NaRuTo13
29-02-2008, 10:04 PM
hey guys.. duno u all still remember me.. anyways, it's sad but im goin to sell of my bike soon. it's FBA 2*** plate.. mileage ard 21***km.. registered in mar 2006.. roughly how much can it fetch if i sell it of? either privately or to shops?

modifications include racing footrests, airfilter, balancers, seatcovers. mostly for cosmetic purposes. engine, carburettor etc all i never touch cos i noe no nuts abt them.. juz changed sprockets n chain..

y so many ppl buy new bike n sell.. money drop from sky =X earlier sell depreciation highest which mean more loses..

Aman47
29-02-2008, 10:13 PM
y so many ppl buy new bike n sell.. money drop from sky =X earlier sell depreciation highest which mean more loses..

lol.. juz finished my last instalment, so 2yrs already.. haha.. hand itchy, want to try new bike.. dun mind the depreciation.. :cheeky: but after selling, scared i regret cos my bike's been good to me so far..

Devil_mbc
29-02-2008, 10:19 PM
Yo bro applautte. Hai all singaporean cbr-ians. I'm also from malaysia and I'm actually the first person in Penang to bought the cbr. Nice to meet all of you. Lots of info to read here.

collectees
29-02-2008, 10:21 PM
lol.. juz finished my last instalment, so 2yrs already.. haha.. hand itchy, want to try new bike.. dun mind the depreciation.. :cheeky: but after selling, scared i regret cos my bike's been good to me so far..

lol... i understand the itch, but my theory of 'don't fix what's not broken' has served me well.

good luck!

thisisme
01-03-2008, 12:06 AM
malaysia cbr cost rm10000++ cash installment ard 12k to 13k

thisisme
01-03-2008, 12:10 AM

hi u live in jb or where haha looking at a gd one day cbr159r touring in jb if got u all who know the road well that the best cant imagine all cbr together in custom

Am hoppus
01-03-2008, 01:42 AM
guys, how much is the cost for givi rack ?

collectees
01-03-2008, 01:49 AM
guys, how much is the cost for givi rack ?

but mine 2 months ago for $38 at Ah Boy. bargained from $40.

Am hoppus
01-03-2008, 02:00 AM
wah givi rack so cheap ah bro? i thought expensive sia...oh is it Lim Ah boy selling it cheap ?

thisisme
01-03-2008, 07:31 AM
i just bought from givi shop at mah motor at $37 include installation

Am hoppus
01-03-2008, 12:29 PM
i just bought from givi shop at mah motor at $37 include installation

how do they install the rack eh bro? im planning to get a rack from ex-cbr rider here..

malik88
01-03-2008, 12:34 PM
i'm nt sure the speed but i'm sure its approximately 50kmh or max is like 55kmh.. and i was already near the carpark entrance thingy when he suddenly burst out of the carpark... so it couldnt be speeding right..? hmm.. stopping in time wasnt practical cause i'm like only 1 or 1 and half car length's away from the car i think.. time taken to realise+apply brakes, i involve in accident.. goshh.. been thinking of this since tuesday.. stuck in my head like magnet..!

anyways, to malaysian CBR owner, CONGRATZ on getting ur CBR..=D its an awesome bike for sure..=) take care all...

collectees
01-03-2008, 04:35 PM
will post pictures of it installed another time. need to go Chong Aik buy the metal brace first cos i bent mine slightly during the first crash.

Am hoppus
01-03-2008, 05:05 PM
hey bro, hope you recover soon. the important thing is you are safe. it su-cks to invovle in accident. sometimes we try to avoid this kind of thing but it happen. i know how you feel man. u gotta take care of yourself and good luck for your case ya. =)

i'm nt sure the speed but i'm sure its approximately 50kmh or max is like 55kmh.. and i was already near the carpark entrance thingy when he suddenly burst out of the carpark... so it couldnt be speeding right..? hmm.. stopping in time wasnt practical cause i'm like only 1 or 1 and half car length's away from the car i think.. time taken to realise+apply brakes, i involve in accident.. goshh.. been thinking of this since tuesday.. stuck in my head like magnet..!

anyways, to malaysian CBR owner, CONGRATZ on getting ur CBR..=D its an awesome bike for sure..=) take care all...

malik88
01-03-2008, 05:25 PM
ooh that's awesome..! would love to have it one day when i repair my bike.. hehe.. wonder when..hammmmm...

Fad
01-03-2008, 05:34 PM
Wow Zed, u spray-painted it yourself? Looks super nice man! I think it's more of a ferrari F430 Scuderia concept :thumb:

collectees
01-03-2008, 05:58 PM
Wow Zed, u spray-painted it yourself? Looks super nice man! I think it's more of a ferrari F430 Scuderia concept :thumb:

i got inspired when i saw your bike. i thought if you could stripe the 'face', why not stripe the fender? but i'm going to copy your striped 'face' look to complete the project. i'll be using using black though.

thisisme
02-03-2008, 12:29 AM
how do they install the rack eh bro? im planning to get a rack from ex-cbr rider here..

i bought from them the rack that why they install for me the whole thing think u need to buy from them something if u got the rack then buy the box loh wat box u intend to get

d0n^
02-03-2008, 12:39 AM
will post pictures of it installed another time. need to go Chong Aik buy the metal brace first cos i bent mine slightly during the first crash.

bro
u cut the hole at the side of the front fender yrself ah?
u got the tools?

thisisme
02-03-2008, 01:02 AM
bro
u got the tools?

ya he cut himself and is very nice

collectees
02-03-2008, 04:30 AM
bro
u got the tools?

yes sir, diy-ed. no money to pay professionals.

mrgone
02-03-2008, 11:19 AM
Hey guys.. Cbr the IU is fixed on the middle of the bike??

ozzarhomb
02-03-2008, 11:24 AM
i think depends on individuals ba. some ppl haven't even buy CBR150R they already got plans got put 110 rear liao. :smile:

if i'm not wrong, don and myself using 90 rear. we both got boxes on our bikes and i pillion often. no problems so far. :thumb:

ozzarhomb
02-03-2008, 11:30 AM
i am also fat + big size.. lol.. poly life only eat n slack haha.. guess i will change 90/80 then.. but should be quite ex now abt 110.. or anyone know wif shop got lobang pls advise too so i can call up n check..
i did front and rear, cost me 90 bucks. :smile:

ozzarhomb
02-03-2008, 11:37 AM
Twisted by the dark side, young Derrick has become.
Join you in your evil conquest, we will not.

o_O
The boxer kingdom recruits only the finest, leaving the un-boxed desolate. with open arms, we will received and welcome those who have been embraced by the powers of the box. :sweat: lame story

P.S Fad and Wandi, seems like only left a handful of boxed CBR150R. :cheeky: i feel proud to have brought about this trend with limbat and don.

ozzarhomb
02-03-2008, 11:39 AM
well bro, i guess for now u just go to IDAC for advice ba. seems like u got a strong case for urself. hope u get a good claim for this accident. keep us updated.

NaRuTo13
02-03-2008, 11:54 AM
i think depends on individuals ba. some ppl haven't even buy CBR150R they already got plans got put 110 rear liao. :smile:

if i'm not wrong, don and myself using 90 rear. we both got boxes on our bikes and i pillion often. no problems so far. :thumb:

ic.. i gona change it too since my tyre is leaking air after 2 time of patching..

but my carb or duno wat the problem, even after the carb change the power lost i still can feel.. unless its due to my size which result in heavy throttle n bike undeerpower..

cos another syptom i saw is the speedo n rpm meter needle can move up n down while at constant throttle.. n even the mech say our bike shouldnt have this problem.. also duno is that the causes to my problem or not..

ozzarhomb
02-03-2008, 12:04 PM
ic.. i gona change it too since my tyre is leaking air after 2 time of patching..

but my carb or duno wat the problem, even after the carb change the power lost i still can feel.. unless its due to my size which result in heavy throttle n bike undeerpower..

cos another syptom i saw is the speedo n rpm meter needle can move up n down while at constant throttle.. n even the mech say our bike shouldnt have this problem.. also duno is that the causes to my problem or not..
cannot be u too heavy. heavy also cannot but heavier than me + blurger mah. even with me + blurger, we still can hit 140kph on the highway and we both not light woah. hence, i'm pretty sure it's not ur size :smile:

since u already ruled out the carb, i suggest that u change ur fuel line. there is chance that it may have impurities in it that's choking up the fuel supply to ur carb, hence causing the loss in power. the impurities might come from MY petrol as it is said that the petrol station tanks do not get cleaned as often as here.

once again, these are my assumptions and they might be wrong altogether. :smile: so ah Zed, *wink wink*

malik88
02-03-2008, 12:49 PM
oh i realise the same problem with naruto too..! the speedometer flickers from 110kmh to 120kmh like suddenly.. i wonder why.. there wasnt any nitro for sure..wahaha..!!

collectees
02-03-2008, 01:02 PM
The boxer kingdom recruits only the finest, leaving the un-boxed desolate. with open arms, we will received and welcome those who have been embraced by the powers of the box. :sweat: lame story

P.S Fad and Wandi, seems like only left a handful of boxed CBR150R. :cheeky: i feel proud to have brought about this trend with limbat and don.

england power la, i want to get deglee at NTU too! =P

collectees
02-03-2008, 01:06 PM
cannot be u too heavy. heavy also cannot but heavier than me + blurger mah. even with me + blurger, we still can hit 140kph on the highway and we both not light woah. hence, i'm pretty sure it's not ur size :smile:

since u already ruled out the carb, i suggest that u change ur fuel line. there is chance that it may have impurities in it that's choking up the fuel supply to ur carb, hence causing the loss in power. the impurities might come from MY petrol as it is said that the petrol station tanks do not get cleaned as often as here.

once again, these are my assumptions and they might be wrong altogether. :smile: so ah Zed, *wink wink*

right'y o! my thoughts, change air cleaner and filter. cos that time rainy season water get in to air cleaner i totally lost power. but air filter no stock in market for few months. i just managed to order from Everfit, $7. they only managed to get 10, while stocks last!

apaulette_86
02-03-2008, 01:08 PM
...cbr150r cost +/-rm10000 in malaysia.....rite now there's around 10 owners..i think i'm the 1st owner..haha....

malik88
02-03-2008, 01:26 PM
oh rainy day oso can leak into air filter? hee..=) didnt know that..

congratz on being the first to own cbr150r..=D when u tweak here and there, do inform us.. wahaha..

if there's any good parts..=D

NaRuTo13
02-03-2008, 01:29 PM

erm it have been veri veri long i even go MY petrol le.. had been using esso/mobile 92 for 1yr + already.. but maybe i will ask mech to check fuel line then.. they also duno wat happen.. like u say u + blurger sure heavier than me so i also duno wats wrong..

anyway i can hit 130 on striaght road. but since its heavy throttle, even at 90+ percent of throttle it then start to slowly accelrate from 110 or so.. meaning near full throttle only 110 but if u hold on that point of throttle then the speed start to goes up.. which is y i say underpower somewhere..

NaRuTo13
02-03-2008, 01:30 PM
oh i realise the same problem with naruto too..! the speedometer flickers from 110kmh to 120kmh like suddenly.. i wonder why.. there wasnt any nitro for sure..wahaha..!!

so ur bike should feel underpower like mine then haha.. so have it been solve or check before? wat plate of bike r u? cos not many ppl seem to face this problem.. mine fy 8xxx series

NaRuTo13
02-03-2008, 01:31 PM
oh rainy day oso can leak into air filter? hee..=) didnt know that..

congratz on being the first to own cbr150r..=D when u tweak here and there, do inform us.. wahaha..

if there's any good parts..=D

yeah rainy days can cause no power on bike due to water seepage.. so is ur problem like mine or due to water retain on bike causing no power..

NaRuTo13
02-03-2008, 01:32 PM
right'y o! my thoughts, change air cleaner and filter. cos that time rainy season water get in to air cleaner i totally lost power. but air filter no stock in market for few months. i just managed to order from Everfit, $7. they only managed to get 10, while stocks last!

but mine is not rainy day problem.. those air cleaner plug i will change on time de.. plus it only been 4k km since i last change.. then carb is new.. so above r not my problem..

malik88
02-03-2008, 01:41 PM
oohok.hmm nt quite sure uh..bike @ ubi nw..haha..i forget everything le..=D see hw uh nxt time aightt.. but i do go MY often..
hee

ozzarhomb
02-03-2008, 02:23 PM
the rain water leaking issue is inherent for almost every CBR150R. i think Adrian changes his air cleaner regularly so doubt that is the problem ba. :confused:

NaRuTo13
02-03-2008, 04:13 PM
the rain water leaking issue is inherent for almost every CBR150R. i think Adrian changes his air cleaner regularly so doubt that is the problem ba. :confused:

ya lor.. i guess no one here know of the problem too.. so veri hard to fix .. even the mech seem clueless.. expect checking carb is working fine or not.. but they dun have any problem from carb..

collectees
02-03-2008, 04:24 PM
ya lor.. i guess no one here know of the problem too.. so veri hard to fix .. even the mech seem clueless.. expect checking carb is working fine or not.. but they dun have any problem from carb..

change K&N filter. $78. lol...

holugyi
02-03-2008, 07:00 PM
i fixed IU on the tank wt original braket. Then, i fixed my rear wt 110/70, but cant speed over 120km. :D but stable on corner. anyway i like it coz stable. he he ..

tigerfor2002
02-03-2008, 07:02 PM
anybody got put 90/80 front and back? is there any difference?

collectees
02-03-2008, 07:26 PM
i fixed IU on the tank wt original braket. Then, i fixed my rear wt 110/70, but cant speed over 120km. :D but stable on corner. anyway i like it coz stable. he he ..

can't go above 120? even at full throttle without pillon?

NaRuTo13
02-03-2008, 08:04 PM
change K&N filter. $78. lol...

in the first place fliter and carb r so brand new still in normal condition.. if its not even fliter problem.. even i change to GOLD fliter , doubt it solve the problem haha..

malik88
02-03-2008, 08:35 PM
wohoo that's whack.. 120kmh on those tires even on full throttle? hmm.. or mabe ur bike underpower..? so tyres do affect the power capability of the bike.. hee.. nxt time must use aluminium spoke tires.. hahaha..=D

ozzarhomb
02-03-2008, 09:32 PM
wohoo that's whack.. 120kmh on those tires even on full throttle? hmm.. or mabe ur bike underpower..? so tyres do affect the power capability of the bike.. hee.. nxt time must use aluminium spoke tires.. hahaha..=D
fatter tires will put more surface area in contact with road, hence increasing drag.

for me, i prefer slimmer tires cuz i think lesser surface area between tarmac and rubber, hence higher pressure on road, sticking better. Boonie's theory of slim tires on small bikes. :cheeky:

Am hoppus
02-03-2008, 09:46 PM

hmm my rear also 110/70 but i did try 140kmh. seems no problem. but fat tyre, cornering i feel stable.

thisisme
03-03-2008, 12:17 AM
hi guys to be not on the weight and tyre size problem i ard 100kg and my girlfriend ard 50++ i can hit 140 anytime it might be the fuel line ba but i feel if this shop cant solve the problem y not try other shop

thisisme
03-03-2008, 12:17 AM
o sorry to mention my tyre size 110/70

d0n^
03-03-2008, 12:39 AM
hi guys to be not on the weight and tyre size problem i ard 100kg and my girlfriend ard 50++ i can hit 140 anytime it might be the fuel line ba but i feel if this shop cant solve the problem y not try other shop

wah
yr bike can hit 140kmph liao ah?
so the cdi worked wonders?

just bought a 2nd hand 42litres rearbox in black color
hehe
my bike does look better w/ black than silver color rear box
problem is the black box has got lousy lock mechanism
gotta get it fixed tomorrow

anyone interested in 42litre givi box silver color??

collectees
03-03-2008, 01:10 AM
hmm my rear also 110/70 but i did try 140kmh. seems no problem. but fat tyre, cornering i feel stable.

i am a big fan of the big tyre. ups for 110 and above!

collectees
03-03-2008, 01:11 AM

wa seh! first posting to say 'my girlfriend'! you don't know how long i wait for you to post that man! you're all grown up~ sobs...

collectees
03-03-2008, 01:12 AM
wah

hehe

Derrick! free box upgrade!

collectees
03-03-2008, 01:13 AM
new personal record for squeezing petrol.

10.642L at RM$20

thisisme
03-03-2008, 08:10 AM
Derrick! free box upgrade!

ya thanks zed i aim so long for that ever since kfc meeting

thisisme
03-03-2008, 08:30 AM
wah

hehe

y not i am the one waiting for this post very long liao so if i get the box then ..............

thisisme
03-03-2008, 08:32 AM
a free e16litres going for free but for cbr150r family only people like wandi fad and some other racer who wants to join the boxer team pls sms me at 90987591u want i can deliver to yr house

collectees
03-03-2008, 08:33 AM
y not i am the one waiting for this post very long liao so if i get the box then ..............

ee... cheepo. =P

ozzarhomb
03-03-2008, 09:02 AM
a free e16litres going for free but for cbr150r family only people like wandi fad and some other racer who wants to join the boxer team pls sms me at 90987591u want i can deliver to yr house
let's go fix the e16 on Wandi's bike at night when he's sleeping. we'll have a forced boxer conversion on Wandi!! :cheeky: :cheeky:

collectees
03-03-2008, 10:03 AM
let's go fix the e16 on Wandi's bike at night when he's sleeping. we'll have a forced boxer conversion on Wandi!! :cheeky: :cheeky:

lol... i distract him for you.

Wandi! let's go avenue!

Shivaz
03-03-2008, 12:24 PM
Hi guys,

Does anyone know where I can buy CBR150 taillight protector?

collectees
03-03-2008, 01:28 PM
Hi guys,

excuse my ignorance, but what's a tail light protector?

Shivaz
03-03-2008, 01:45 PM
excuse my ignorance, but what's a tail light protector?

What I mean is the transparent plastic that guards your tail light, what do you call it ? :cheeky:

d0n^
03-03-2008, 02:18 PM
Hi guys,

u can try those jb motorshops where lots of cubs go there to change original taillights to cbr150 taillights.

collectees
03-03-2008, 03:16 PM
What I mean is the transparent plastic that guards your tail light, what do you call it ? :cheeky:

oh... i'll go back and referrence Uncle Lim's book and let you know tonight.

i believe can just go Chong Aik or the rest and buy. but fixing may be tricky since the light come as an entire unit.

Am hoppus
03-03-2008, 06:55 PM

wah serious ah bro ?

collectees
03-03-2008, 07:44 PM
wah serious ah bro ?

it's called paying it forward.

only in CBR150 thread, my friend.

Am hoppus
03-03-2008, 07:46 PM
new personal record for squeezing petrol.

10.642L at RM$20

wow! 10.642L! u ride till empty??

d0n^
03-03-2008, 08:02 PM

i think he took some petrol back in his pockets too.

sounds like quite a feat.
zed>> how long did it took u to squeeze in so much petrol? could some of it have evaporated as fumes as such u were able to squeeze in more petrol than the stated tank capacity? :giddy:

collectees
03-03-2008, 08:50 PM

cos i only go in to pump during the weekend. that's why i took the risk and waited till the only time i was free, Sunday evening, when i would normally go on Friday or Saturday. that's why super low.

with my normal home-work-home routine i normally will use 8-9 liters every week.

collectees
03-03-2008, 08:55 PM
i think he took some petrol back in his pockets too.

sounds like quite a feat.
zed>> how long did it took u to squeeze in so much petrol? could some of it have evaporated as fumes as such u were able to squeeze in more petrol than the stated tank capacity? :giddy:

no la, i just bring in my SAF jerry can to fill nia. =P

just filled the tank as per usual. starting blast the petrol gun, then towards the end use 'half clutch' technic. had a good petrol gun, so could really drip until last drop. filled right up to slightly under the hole opening. was aiming RM$20.01 (as taught by Wandi), didn't know could beat my old record of 10.422L. whole process maybe 5 minutes.

blurger
03-03-2008, 09:35 PM
hi guys, how have u been? long time no log in read up le... too many pages to read up...

anyway zed, what do u mean by slightly under the hole opening? u mean can fill til 1 strip metal bar there or the fuel cover hole? hehe just curious

collectees
03-03-2008, 10:35 PM
hi guys, how have u been? long time no log in read up le... too many pages to read up...

anyway zed, what do u mean by slightly under the hole opening? u mean can fill til 1 strip metal bar there or the fuel cover hole? hehe just curious

fuel cover hole. if to the brim means top going to overflow, i filled to slightly where the hole starts.

i didn't dare to get off the bike to go pay lest it starts to leak, so i got my friend to pay then sent him back to NTU. that probably used up some bit.

collectees
03-03-2008, 10:39 PM
Hi guys,

brov, from what i see in the parts book, the entire thing comes as a single assembly.

if they're going to sell you anything it still has to be part#33710-KPP-931, Combination Unit RR, which still includes the lights. do call Chong Aik for pricing so you have a yardstick.

i guess your best best for an alternative would be either JB or our local scrapeyards. good luck!

P.S. Uncle Lim, i'm still working on it. too many projects and too little time. =P

limbat
03-03-2008, 10:53 PM
:faint: :faint: :faint: :faint:

I do not think there will be a tail-lamp protector laaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

limbat
03-03-2008, 10:54 PM
P.S. Uncle Lim, i'm still working on it. too many projects and too little time. =P

Ok mate pls send it back to me when u are done .............. but it better be in good condition................... :cheeky: