Page Served to you by
Servers Managed and
Maintained by
Nixperience Pte Ltd

Loading...

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which model do you like most?

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • Honda CB600F Hornet

    60 50.42%
  • Yamaha Fazer 600

    59 49.58%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 51 to 100 of 148

Thread: Honda CB600F Hornet or Yamaha Fazer 600

  1. #51
    swoosh
    is busy doing nothing
    TeePee swoosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    3,186
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    [QUOTE=eugeneg;3496490]Hi, for those who are interested in the Suzuki GSR600, I have worked out some details here for comparisons and justified the reasons why I never consider and compare with the hornet and fazer in the first place. These are the followings:

    1. small fuel tank - only 16.5L inclusive reserve (hornet 19L & fazer 19.4L)
    2. high fuel consumption - about 15km/l, almost like a hybrid car (hornet 17km/l & fazer 20km/l) 16-18L per litre
    3. heavy weight - 183kg (hornet 173kg fazer 180kg)
    4. not much power - about 88bhp (hornet 100bhp & fazer 90bhp) 98bhp5. a bit pricey as compared to the other two. It is the cheapest! It is 2k cheaper than non ABS hornet . That was the why I'm still undecided.You may see otherwise, but imho, in terms of practicality and value for money, I strongly support either the hornet or fazer in the class of 600cc.

    Specifications:-
    Suzuki GSR 600 (2006):
    Price - $15k+ machine (w/o abs) 15.8k OTR price was lowest bought in 2006. YES OTR not machine price
    Engine type - 4-stroke, 4-cylinder, DOHC, 16-valve, liquid-cooled
    Fuel system - Injection
    Transmission - 6-speed
    Front Suspension - Telescopic, 43mm inner tube, preload adjustable
    Rear Suspension - Progressive linkage, adjustable rebound/preload
    Front Brake Type - 4-piston calipers, 310mm dual discs
    Rear Brake Type - Single-piston caliper, disc
    Fuel Tank Capacity - 16.5 litres (inclusive reserve)
    Seat Height - 785mm
    Dry Weight - 183kg
    Fuel consumption - about 15km/l
    Colour - Black, Blue, Red and Silver
    Verdict - It’s a perfectly acceptable ride, but to be honest the Suzuki GSR600 adds almost nothing to the biking world especially when Suzuki’s own Bandit 600 (and 650 version) does exactly the same job for less money than the Suzuki GSR600. . There is no comparison between Bandit and the GSR. The GSR 600 was born out from a concept bike the BKing then, It has an innovative appearance. Front indicators are moulded into the fuel tank. Twin LED tail lights are styled to look like e extra silencers. The headlight is gigantic. Moulded covers blend the tank seamlessly into the twin spar aluminium alloy frame. Saw 06 Bandit 650, it is oil cool and some of the things are copied from GSR [QUOTE]

    Sorry dude, some of the main facts stated are not correct. I have a few buddies riding GSR 600... Pls see highlighted in green
    Last edited by swoosh; 10-11-2007 at 12:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by arzme View Post
    anyway, i miss wildcard.
    just one of his insensate followers...

  2. #52
    DM
    is pretending to be a
    SBF Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    6,961
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    forgot to add, FC on the fazer 07 is 19.5-21km/L on singapore roads, have not taken her up north yet..

     

     
  3. #53
    eugeneg
    has no status.
    P Plate eugeneg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    135
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swoosh View Post
    Sorry dude, some of the main facts stated are not correct. I have a few buddies riding GSR 600... Pls see highlighted in green
    no worries dude, thanks for the feedback too . I actually took most of the specs from
    <Motorcyclenews> and <Motoring>

    They have quite a decent comments from experts and owners themselves.

    according to the feedback from the thread <Suzuki 2006 GSR600>, the average consumption was between the range of 15-17km/l, and as for the power - I found most sites to be about 88-90bhp @ 12,000 rpm although some claimed 98bhp. I also found the GSR600 very attractive such as LCD digital speedometer, along with LCD digital gear position indicator, and front signal indicators moulded into the fuel tank, twin LED tail lights are styled to look like extra silencers and headlight is gigantic etc. In fact this bike was my initial consideration too. Anyway thanks for the feedback swoosh and I'll edit my earlier post to correct some facts.
    Last edited by eugeneg; 10-11-2007 at 04:23 PM.

  4. #54
    eugeneg
    has no status.
    P Plate eugeneg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    135
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enfant View Post
    forgot to add, FC on the fazer 07 is 19.5-21km/L on singapore roads, have not taken her up north yet..
    dude, thanks for that feedback, I've edited the fazer portion on consumption.

    btw, out of curiosity, what's the difference between fazer s2 and fz6 etc, isnt all same naked version? or is s2 with fairing? and is the fazer using inverted fork? confuse...
    Last edited by eugeneg; 10-11-2007 at 07:13 PM.

  5. #55
    R_yan_2
    has no status.
    Class 2 R_yan_2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    North
    Posts
    997
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    fz6 s2 is is 07 - with abs - fairing one got naked one also got

    if u see ppl say fz6 only den it's b4 07-no abs - fairing only

    inverted folks comes stock ony for fz1. . same thing about the S2 n no s2 . .
    Last edited by R_yan_2; 10-11-2007 at 07:39 PM. Reason: ooooops

  6. #56
    Encik Pat
    ........The Devil Man
    SBF Lacer Encik Pat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    HeLL
    Posts
    36,560
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    correction don't mind ar, FZ6s2 nake bo fairing, FZ6s2 Fazer with fairing, ABS additional cost, both bike are the same only u want fairing or no fairing

  7. #57
    eugeneg
    has no status.
    P Plate eugeneg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    135
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by R_yan_2 View Post
    fz6 s2 is is 07 - with abs - fairing one got naked one also got

    if u see ppl say fz6 only den it's b4 07-no abs - fairing only

    inverted folks comes stock ony for fz1. . same thing about the S2 n no s2 . .
    thanks for the info. So FZ6 S2 are 07 and above with or without fairing and ABS. kk understand liao. but my greatest takeaway is knowing fazer 600 with inverted fork, that makes me more inclined towards hornet again, as hornet uses 41mm Showa inverted fork that gives plenty of feedback from the front despite its lack of adjustable damping

    I also found from an Italian website that the new hornet 600 '07 model fuel consumption is about 19.6km/l, that is really a ggod news, but dunno reliable bo. So still muz wait for some concrete feedback from pple here...

    Quote Originally Posted by patricklby View Post
    correction don't mind ar, FZ6s2 nake bo fairing, FZ6s2 Fazer with fairing, ABS additional cost, both bike are the same only u want fairing or no fairing
    ey bro, so your long anticipated FZ6 S2 is fairing w/o abs 1 rite? when u collecting huh?

  8. #58
    Encik Pat
    ........The Devil Man
    SBF Lacer Encik Pat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    HeLL
    Posts
    36,560
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eugeneg View Post


    ey bro, so your long anticipated FZ6 S2 is fairing w/o abs 1 rite? when u collecting huh?
    i got my this afternoon, no without ABS, 2K for that la, but today i tested the brake, is very good cos someone don't know y just CHON infront of me

  9. #59
    eugeneg
    has no status.
    P Plate eugeneg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    135
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by patricklby View Post
    i got my this afternoon, no without ABS, 2K for that la, but today i tested the brake, is very good cos someone don't know y just CHON infront of me
    wah song bo u must be damn excited about it man! aiya maybe the young chap wanted test how fast can your new fazer run... I dun even bother these pple, so annoying worst is sometimes these are the 2b bikes.

  10. #60
    Encik Pat
    ........The Devil Man
    SBF Lacer Encik Pat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    HeLL
    Posts
    36,560
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eugeneg View Post
    wah song bo u must be damn excited about it man! aiya maybe the young chap wanted test how fast can your new fazer run... I dun even bother these pple, so annoying worst is sometimes these are the 2b bikes.
    no la, is some one dash over the road right infront of my bike and i have to E-brake, stop right infront of her,
    luck never hit her, only ride last than 2Km man

    few thing for sure
    it really HOT, u dont need a jacket
    is much heigther than the S4
    storage is small, one rain pant only
    very smooth better pick up

    and i go have my alarm install, in the end i re-install it myself
    Last edited by Encik Pat; 10-11-2007 at 08:58 PM.

  11. #61
    eugeneg
    has no status.
    P Plate eugeneg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    135
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    good good hope to hear more feedbacks and reviews from you after your run-in. upzzz

     

     
  12. #62
    Encik Pat
    ........The Devil Man
    SBF Lacer Encik Pat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    HeLL
    Posts
    36,560
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eugeneg View Post
    good good hope to hear more feedbacks and reviews from you after your run-in. upzzz
    no problem Bro, will up-date you guy again

  13. #63
    josephsbs
    has no status.
    Class 2A
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    674
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    Hi,
    i also bought my FZ6s2 from bike production...i got it for 14k otr..26yrs old..best offer i could find ..trade in also gd value..Do check the shop out
    BP quoted me the new FZ6 machine price this morning $12K ($11.5K with no fairing). OTR adds up to also $14K. looks like my insurance isn't much cheaper even at 38 years old

    btw, any other class 2 with lower seat height than the FZ6? have seen all 3 models in this thread but only FZ6 got wind blast protection leh
    may all be well and happy

  14. #64
    Encik Pat
    ........The Devil Man
    SBF Lacer Encik Pat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    HeLL
    Posts
    36,560
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by josephsbs View Post
    BP quoted me the new FZ6 machine price this morning $12K ($11.5K with no fairing). OTR adds up to also $14K. looks like my insurance isn't much cheaper even at 38 years old

    btw, any other class 2 with lower seat height than the FZ6? have seen all 3 models in this thread but only FZ6 got wind blast protection leh
    BP always fix the price at around 14k for the fairing one lo, even if u got discount for your insur money oso go in their bank only, u have to top up if the COE is more than COE now, anyway i'm still older than u ,si-bay-lao hor

  15. #65
    eugeneg
    has no status.
    P Plate eugeneg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    135
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by josephsbs View Post
    BP quoted me the new FZ6 machine price this morning $12K ($11.5K with no fairing). OTR adds up to also $14K. looks like my insurance isn't much cheaper even at 38 years old

    btw, any other class 2 with lower seat height than the FZ6? have seen all 3 models in this thread but only FZ6 got wind blast protection leh
    11.5k?? that's cheap. I was quoted about $13.8k otr and I'm 27. Actually it depends on your budget and requirements. If u are interested in the 600cc class, I would recommend the fazer cos it offers wind blast protection in the fairing version; or hornet with fly screen are also possible, I have attached 2 files of hornet accessories.

    If u are looking for more touring, I suggest u get Honda VFR800 (about $18k+) if u do not have budget constrains. This is a all-round-performance bike, suitable for both urban rides and NSH, it is one of the most voted bike as it handles superbly well.

    to pay less, u can save up and pay 1 lump sum instead of monthly instalments, or u can use your credit card to make use of the 0% interest-free promotion (I mention in this thread) up to 36 months. look around slowly if you're not urgent, we are always here to give our 2 cents worth of opinions. cheers.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by eugeneg; 10-11-2007 at 10:46 PM.

  16. #66
    josephsbs
    has no status.
    Class 2A
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    674
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eugeneg View Post
    11.5k?? that's cheap. I was quoted about $13.8k otr and I'm 27.
    to pay less, u can save up and pay 1 lump sum instead of monthly instalments, or u can use your credit card to make use of the 0% interest-free promotion (I mention in this thread) up to 36 months.
    hehe... $11.5k is only machine price, how i wish its OTR

    motortiam don't charge extra if we use credit card meh? that's a very good idea, if they don't add the extra 2% for using credit cards.
    may all be well and happy

  17. #67
    Encik Pat
    ........The Devil Man
    SBF Lacer Encik Pat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    HeLL
    Posts
    36,560
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    everyone got their BILL to pay, do up yr sum, within yr mean is ok la
    for a 600 is cheaper than a Spec3, EFI, very comfortable riding posture, nice handling, good enough for touring, and look WOW.
    all the above are abt Fazer , as for Hornet, have to wait for eugeneg KEKE

  18. #68
    swoosh
    is busy doing nothing
    TeePee swoosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    3,186
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    wow!!! 14k for a Fazer600 is indeed cheap. Are there any conditions attached?
    Quote Originally Posted by arzme View Post
    anyway, i miss wildcard.
    just one of his insensate followers...

  19. #69
    Encik Pat
    ........The Devil Man
    SBF Lacer Encik Pat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    HeLL
    Posts
    36,560
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swoosh View Post
    wow!!! 14k for a Fazer600 is indeed cheap. Are there any conditions attached?
    base on latest COE Fazer6s2 is 14k, include 2nd party fire and theft insurance, exclude IU ($165) to top up if COE go up, down pay 2.5 to 3K,
    suka suka go up suka suka go down, loan for every year 100buck (3year 300buck contract fee) 4% ints, if u are 30year old and below few hundred buck more for insurance oso how long u got yr class2

  20. #70
    eugeneg
    has no status.
    P Plate eugeneg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    135
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by josephsbs View Post
    hehe... $11.5k is only machine price, how i wish its OTR

    motortiam don't charge extra if we use credit card meh? that's a very good idea, if they don't add the extra 2% for using credit cards.
    although $11.5k is machine price, but still very cheap leh, dunno how come price suddenly drop so much, '08 coming?? maybe....

    as for your question on credit card, according to the shop Wing Yap, they do not charge any extra 2% for this service, apparently it was a joint promotion between them and the DBS bank. we dun care la, so long got interest-free advantage to take, I'll go for it.

    Here is an example for illustration:
    1. suppose u buy a bike $14k everything otr (exclusive loan)
    2. say u down payment 5k cash and remaining 9k outstanding
    3. this is the part to use your DBS credit card, say u have 9k credit limit, u use it to loan $9k with DBS over 36 months (max), which breaks down to about $250 per month (0% at all).
    4. Internally, DBS will pay the bikeshop full and now u become a borrower from DBS bank. so just pay $250 per month to DBS and u got nothing to do with the bikeshop liao except servicing etc. easy.

    I also find it hard to believe initially, and I called up to verify. true enough its true and we just have to see how much the bikeshop charge and most importantly is how much credit limits you have.
    Last edited by eugeneg; 11-11-2007 at 01:27 AM.

  21. #71
    Encik Pat
    ........The Devil Man
    SBF Lacer Encik Pat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    HeLL
    Posts
    36,560
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eugeneg View Post

    I also find it hard to believe initially, and I called up to verify. true enough its true and we just have to see how much the bikeshop charge and most importantly is how much credit limits we have.
    wow u si-bay-lee-hai, very detail advise, upz for eugeneg

     

     
  22. #72
    skai
    has no status.
    TeePee skai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    1,883
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eugeneg View Post

    to pay less, u can save up and pay 1 lump sum instead of monthly instalments, or u can use your credit card to make use of the 0% interest-free promotion (I mention in this thread) up to 36 months. look around slowly if you're not urgent, we are always here to give our 2 cents worth of opinions. cheers.

    other than wingyap, is there any other shops that have this plan also?
    ~ You may be faster than the wind, but never time ~

  23. #73
    DM
    is pretending to be a
    SBF Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    6,961
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eugeneg View Post
    thanks for the info. So FZ6 S2 are 07 and above with or without fairing and ABS. kk understand liao. but my greatest takeaway is knowing fazer 600 with inverted fork, that makes me more inclined towards hornet again, as hornet uses 41mm Showa inverted fork that gives plenty of feedback from the front despite its lack of adjustable damping

    I also found from an Italian website that the new hornet 600 '07 model fuel consumption is about 19.6km/l, that is really a ggod news, but dunno reliable bo. So still muz wait for some concrete feedback from pple here...

    FZ is streetfighter version, no fairing. FAZER is with head fairing. S2 model has new swingarm, black painted normal forks(non S2 models same fork but silver color), new front brake calipers, updated fairing shape, 2 additional catalytic converters under the oil sump, supposedly new fuel mapping, O² sensor installed after the above mentioned cat converters(S2 model uses closed loop efi system), new seat, removable passenger pegs(non S2 model has welded on ones), coolant reservoir relocated to behind exhaust header and different colors; stickers.

    to my knowledge, hong leong did not import abs models for the S2 because of it's lack in popularity. don't know if can special order or not but personally speaking, i feel that it's just dead weight.

    hope this clarifies your doubts. pls note that the forks are NOT inverted for all models. only the 1000 version has them
    Last edited by DM; 12-11-2007 at 09:35 AM.

  24. #74
    josephsbs
    has no status.
    Class 2A
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    674
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by patricklby View Post
    for a 600 is cheaper than a Spec3, EFI, very comfortable riding posture, nice handling, good enough for touring, and look WOW.
    ya lor... tot paying for new Fazer 6 is more worth than paying for a new Super4. but Fazer resale value drop machiam durian drop, very much faster than Super4 leh. coz community of bikers looking for Fazer 6 is very much less than Super 4.
    may all be well and happy

  25. #75
    Encik Pat
    ........The Devil Man
    SBF Lacer Encik Pat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    HeLL
    Posts
    36,560
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by josephsbs View Post
    ya lor... tot paying for new Fazer 6 is more worth than paying for a new Super4. but Fazer resale value drop machiam durian drop, very much faster than Super4 leh. coz community of bikers looking for Fazer 6 is very much less than Super 4.
    that's for sure, most bike shop will take in s4 cos is easyier to re-sale, but s4 and Fazer are to diff type of bike, fazer are better for touring
    s4 is a very good for everyday riding, it have a big compartment for your thick rain cloth and some other thing oso no problem, v-tec for the extar power, good re-sale valve, very low maintaince

    WOW S4 so good ar..... but what the hell, just love the Fazer

  26. #76
    eugeneg
    has no status.
    P Plate eugeneg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    135
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skai View Post
    other than wingyap, is there any other shops that have this plan also?
    previously heard that bike production also have such promo with UOB, but when I called them, they told me only Hyosung motorcycles (if I dint heard wrongly) is applicable for this promo. Dint ask much as they are v busy. maybe u can check out with the UOB 0% instalment plan instead cos they keep on changing.

    Quote Originally Posted by enfant View Post
    hope this clarifies your doubts. pls note that the forks are NOT inverted for all models.
    thanks for the detailed explanation, more clearer now. I'm actually considering FZ6-N '08 (all black) as well, concerns are soft shock dampers, and hot underseat, other than that its value for money. abs version not really interested due to extra cost, weight and possible of messing with the existing already good stock system. any comments from your experience etc?
    Last edited by eugeneg; 11-11-2007 at 03:37 PM.

  27. #77
    eugeneg
    has no status.
    P Plate eugeneg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    135
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rocketman2 View Post
    hi all, i dunt know if this wld help but here's my mini review of riding on the hornet so far.
    i picked up the non abs from mah as boon siew's price was too much the other time. after riding ard for abt 2000 in 2 months, the bike seems to have fitted in fine. riding wise i'd say itz pretty nimble.
    I have not had the chance to ride on the fazer but having s seat on both, the hornet surprised me with the size, itz smaller than the fazer, almost similar to the s4. on normal day to day riding, fuel consumption wise is abt 17l, same as what you guys have pointed out but itz running on the new cbr6 engine so it will give u more top end power, i guess thatz where the 100+hp kicks in.
    for me i've used more of the low end rpm, ard 5k~6krpm. after riding on a road trip recently, fuel consumption on the highway is ard 22km/l? i enjoyed the trip but wished there was a screen.
    u can def pick up after market stuff, such as the screen n hugger for abt 180 each down at motoworld. accessories wise, i'd say they are available finally such as a protective film from AR2 perf, tank bra and what not. the luggage rack is available too for abt 620 wif a hb topcase junior.

    hope this helps
    .
    hi rocketman2, after hearing comments from your hornet experience, could u also share more details like price of bike, where u buy, insurance (age) etc. I am very interested in the new 07 hornet. adding a top box should be ok rite? cos side panniers made me difficult to manoeuvre and what's your fc like so far, got improve after u change to fully-syn oil? hmm... possibly join u in the hornet 600 club soon, can buy accessories in bulk liao.


    Quote Originally Posted by swoosh View Post
    Rocketman2
    Thanks for the mini review, i am now one step closer in making my decision...
    hi swoosh, I understanding that u are also stuck in between fazer, hornet & gsr much like me. would u like to share your considerations so far on the 3 bikes after your research, their pros & cons and your final decision. thks.

  28. #78
    josephsbs
    has no status.
    Class 2A
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    674
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by patricklby View Post
    i got my this afternoon, no without ABS, 2K for that la, but today i tested the brake, is very good cos someone don't know y just CHON infront of me
    hi patricklby,
    what bike is that shown in your avatar? bet it'll be more stable than any bike on the road

    since you're already riding a FZ6, can the seat height be lowered further? i'm comfortable with S4 height and hope don't have to tip toe too much for FZ6... me got short leggys

    and given a choice, would you choose the alternative of having the exhaust by the side, similar to the FZ1?
    may all be well and happy

  29. #79
    DM
    is pretending to be a
    SBF Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    6,961
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eugeneg View Post
    any comments from your experience etc?
    http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums...d.php?t=163270


    alternatively, you could read up on the fazer 600 thread. it's in the same section as this one.

  30. #80
    Encik Pat
    ........The Devil Man
    SBF Lacer Encik Pat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    HeLL
    Posts
    36,560
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by josephsbs View Post
    and given a choice, would you choose the alternative of having the exhaust by the side, similar to the FZ1?
    is a yamaha, maybe when we are 60years old ka_bo_luk than buy one hor...hehe
    my height is 178 and i can not have both feet fully on the ground, s4 leg still can bend abit.
    well for the exhaust, i like the underseat one lo, maybe few years later i may get a bigger cc one, the side exhaust type is getting better and more nice o-ready

  31. #81
    eugeneg
    has no status.
    P Plate eugeneg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    135
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enfant View Post
    http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums...d.php?t=163270

    alternatively, you could read up on the fazer 600 thread. it's in the same section as this one.
    sorry about that was busy the past weeks to have overlooked your earlier post. cheers.

     

     
  32. #82
    Encik Pat
    ........The Devil Man
    SBF Lacer Encik Pat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    HeLL
    Posts
    36,560
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eugeneg View Post
    sorry about that was busy the past weeks to have overlooked your earlier post. cheers.
    bro ,,,, still not sure which bike to buy ar.....

  33. #83
    swoosh
    is busy doing nothing
    TeePee swoosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    3,186
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eugeneg View Post
    hi swoosh, I understanding that u are also stuck in between fazer, hornet & gsr much like me. would u like to share your considerations so far on the 3 bikes after your research, their pros & cons and your final decision. thks.
    GSR600 is out of my consideration as I am ridiing something very similar hahaha! Honda Hornet is my choice! I holding becos I am still sniffing out the best deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by arzme View Post
    anyway, i miss wildcard.
    just one of his insensate followers...

  34. #84
    Encik Pat
    ........The Devil Man
    SBF Lacer Encik Pat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    HeLL
    Posts
    36,560
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    my point of view......... 17k for a hornet a......
    i think i will buy the FZ1 abt the same price

  35. #85
    eugeneg
    has no status.
    P Plate eugeneg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    135
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by patricklby View Post
    bro ,,,, still not sure which bike to buy ar.....
    ya lor, spoilt for choice.... still waiting for some more concrete feedbacks from the new hornet and also saving up too.

    Quote Originally Posted by swoosh View Post
    GSR600 is out of my consideration as I am ridiing something very similar hahaha! Honda Hornet is my choice! I holding becos I am still sniffing out the best deal.
    haha same here, hmm... maybe can go buy together and get a better deal and join rocketman2. but looks like you'll definitely buy b4 me...

  36. #86
    josephsbs
    has no status.
    Class 2A
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    674
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by patricklby View Post
    is a yamaha, maybe when we are 60years old ka_bo_luk than buy one hor...hehe
    my height is 178 and i can not have both feet fully on the ground, s4 leg still can bend abit.
    well for the exhaust, i like the underseat one lo, maybe few years later i may get a bigger cc one, the side exhaust type is getting better and more nice o-ready
    wah! i tot specs say the FZ6 is only 35mm higher than S4... FZ6 795mm (31.3 inches) and Super4 760mm (29.9 inches). siow liow, i only 164 nia
    may all be well and happy

  37. #87
    swoosh
    is busy doing nothing
    TeePee swoosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    3,186
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    yes I know... but FZ1 is an overkill for me. I need the bike for transport and occassionally touring up north. The longterm upkeep of the FZ1 will be more expensive than the one time premium I am paying for the H600.
    Quote Originally Posted by arzme View Post
    anyway, i miss wildcard.
    just one of his insensate followers...

  38. #88
    eugeneg
    has no status.
    P Plate eugeneg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    135
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by patricklby View Post
    my point of view......... 17k for a hornet a......
    i think i will buy the FZ1 abt the same price
    pretty true, more torque and better specs too. but I would prefer a smaller version for everyday use and also long-term savings such as insurance and rd tax etc

  39. #89
    Encik Pat
    ........The Devil Man
    SBF Lacer Encik Pat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    HeLL
    Posts
    36,560
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swoosh View Post
    yes I know... but FZ1 is an overkill for me. I need the bike for transport and occassionally touring up north. The longterm upkeep of the FZ1 will be more expensive than the one time premium I am paying for the H600.
    i think 1000 too big la, scary, after drop must call crane to lift up hahaha
    but hornet is expansive la, and not fairing, even install one oso very small, not very good if go long distance touring, maybe using in sing only than will be very good

  40. #90
    Encik Pat
    ........The Devil Man
    SBF Lacer Encik Pat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    HeLL
    Posts
    36,560
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by josephsbs View Post
    wah! i tot specs say the FZ6 is only 35mm higher than S4... FZ6 795mm (31.3 inches) and Super4 760mm (29.9 inches). siow liow, i only 164 nia
    go to bike shop and try seating on it, you will know, the seat are higher and wider, seating on the bike and pushing it backward better be careful, the whole bike is higher kine of feeling the weight like heavier

  41. #91
    Encik Pat
    ........The Devil Man
    SBF Lacer Encik Pat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    HeLL
    Posts
    36,560
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    guy guy guy, don,t worry to much, you will get use to it and everything is ok liao la, if you can balance the bike well , is really full ridding it, today i ride for abt 130km, very enjoy

    Mr eugeneg, are you going for touring with the bike you inten to buy

     

     
  42. #92
    eugeneg
    has no status.
    P Plate eugeneg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    135
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by patricklby View Post
    Mr eugeneg, are you going for touring with the bike you inten to buy
    less likely unless once in a while, otherwise will be 100% Spore roads.

  43. #93
    Encik Pat
    ........The Devil Man
    SBF Lacer Encik Pat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    HeLL
    Posts
    36,560
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eugeneg View Post
    less likely unless once in a while, otherwise will be 100% Spore roads.
    o i c , m..... for me is what i want since young but don't have the M and chance, so is time to enjoy life, that's y i got the fairing one oso lo, maybe can go camoron or genting some day with u

  44. #94
    eugeneg
    has no status.
    P Plate eugeneg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    135
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by patricklby View Post
    o i c , m..... for me is what i want since young but don't have the M and chance, so is time to enjoy life, that's y i got the fairing one oso lo, maybe can go camoron or genting some day with u
    of course of course, since we have so many enthusiasts here. welcome all to the class of 600cc family. (but I not yet leh )

  45. #95
    eugeneg
    has no status.
    P Plate eugeneg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    135
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi guys, the fork - a very important attribute as part of the bike to steer and balance. Here is my another comparison between inverted vs regular fork for your considerations when buying fazer (regular fork) or hornet (inverted fork).

    Hornet inverted fork Vs Fazer regular fork:

    Gravity is keeping the lubricants of the inverted fork at a maximum. Oil is always being forced onto the seals and sliders by gravity, resulting in a smoother fork all of the time.
    Inverted forks have less flex - provide greater steering precision at any speed and greater high speed stability.
    Inverted forks reduce unsprung weight at the wheel. The suspension can then be more efficient and and less for the damper to control.
    Inverted forks basically have the larger outer tube attached to the triple tree and the lighter inner tube attached to the front axle. Theoretically, the stronger outer tubes will resist torsion and twisting better and give the clamps more to hold on to, and thus provide a more solid platform when they are attached to the frame at the triple tree rather than the inner tubes.
    • Disadvantage of the inverted design is that the entire reservoir of damping oil is stored directly over the slider seal such that, if the slider seal were to leak, the oil would drain out, reducing the effectiveness of the fork . But the seal rarely leak even in abusive conditions.
    • Regular fork is cheaper to produce.
    Verdict - Overall, the inverted design is more active suspension, lighter in weight, smoother ride, and more control as compared to the regular telescopic fork. There is also an up trend in inverted fork nowadays.

    To be honest, I have absolutely no idea what the true performance differences are, but if you think in terms of street bikes, the lower-end ones have the traditional regular type while the higher-end 600's and 1000's literbikes, even race bikes run inverted. Personally I see everyday usage wun feel much difference, it would take a very serious rider at very serious speeds to feel the difference. imho, I prefer the inverted over regular.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  46. #96
    rocketman2
    has no status.
    Class 2A
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    730
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eugeneg View Post
    hi rocketman2, after hearing comments from your hornet experience, could u also share more details like price of bike, where u buy, insurance (age) etc. I am very interested in the new 07 hornet. adding a top box should be ok rite? cos side panniers made me difficult to manoeuvre and what's your fc like so far, got improve after u change to fully-syn oil? hmm... possibly join u in the hornet 600 club soon, can buy accessories in bulk liao.
    hi eugene, i picked up the bike OTR for 17k w/2nd party for a 28yr old.

    i'm still undecided over a top box or side panniers but comfort for the pillion is key too.
    a top case wld cost abt 625? fro HB and the side panniers ard 980.
    givi might hav something too but i cant seem to find any racks of theirs. the VLX?35l boxes r sweet but not here yet.

    i'm still running on semi-syn, wld prob go for an oil change soon at 3k. fc wise, i get abt 17+ km/l for city travel and ard 21 on highway travel. i dunt travel that far thou, odo's at abt 2000 now after 2months.

    accessories wise, u might wanna try ermax stuff. i managed to get a rear wheel hugger for 180. waiting to collect the flyscreen for 180 and a tankbra for 180 (again?) hope this helps

  47. #97
    DM
    is pretending to be a
    SBF Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    6,961
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    actually, the big difference is not between inverted or non inverted fork. it's damping rod vs cartridge forks. go search and read up, very informative and will be a big deciding factor when one is buying a class 2 bike

  48. #98
    Encik Pat
    ........The Devil Man
    SBF Lacer Encik Pat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    HeLL
    Posts
    36,560
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    my point of view

    what ever forks it is, unless you are ridding at 200km, for daily ridding both are very good enough

    for me is which bike you like more

    Enjoy

  49. #99
    Encik Pat
    ........The Devil Man
    SBF Lacer Encik Pat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    HeLL
    Posts
    36,560
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yello yello

    did i say something wrong

  50. #100
    josephsbs
    has no status.
    Class 2A
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    674
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by patricklby View Post
    go to bike shop and try seating on it, you will know, the seat are higher and wider, seating on the bike and pushing it backward better be careful, the whole bike is higher kine of feeling the weight like heavier
    went to try liow. sigh... too high for comfort, looks like gotta give up riding a Fazer liow
    may all be well and happy

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •