ckoonyin
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Product Review of Techn Armor Raincoat

Hey peeps, chanced up the Techn Armor Raincoat which was on offer.

I paid $79.90 for the jacket which is inclusive of the armor pads.
    I got it at their showroom located at Blk 541 Jurong West Ave 1 #01-1046C.

Was looking for a armor jacket so i took a closer look and bought it today as the price was quite attractive IMHO.
    I got the yellow to increase visibility and they do come in other colours like red, blue and black.

This being my 1st armor raincoat/jacket so do bear with me if there are things which i overlook or inaccurate.

1st impression was that it being a raincoat, it would be quite hot to wear during the days and will prob defeat the purpose of being armored up during the day.
    At the same time, it is water proof thus i will remove my rain coat and just put my rain pants in my box in case of rain.
    However, the jacket has air vents that is said to let air through and would be the same as wearing a windbreaker.

Inside there are armor pads for the elbows, shoulders and the back. The pads are not plastic, they are more of a impact cusioning PU pads which absorbs impact.
    More importantly, they are from Knox which are from UK and they are CE certified.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CE_mark

http://www.planet-knox.com

The pads are held in place by pockets sewn in the internal netting of the raincoat and the elbow pads are furthur held in place by adjustable straps at the arms.

An interesting feature would be the stomach straps or "tummy" straps. This allows the jacket to be adjusted to fit properly so ensure the back armor will be in the best position to protect my back. Best suited for "pot bellied" ppeps like me.
    Their sizes range from XS to XXXL.

The jacket is actually designed by a fellow Singaporean and the pads are from Knox from UK.
    I will be updating this thread as i use it and keep up peeps update.

Below are some pics

DSC00678.JPG

Frontal View

DSC00673.JPG

Frontal view showing reflective strips

DSC00675.jpg

Backview showing reflective strips

I will be updating this thread as i use it and keep you peeps updated.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ckoonyin; 13-11-2009 at 01:44 AM.

kel_wt86
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bro wat the price? wat are the size range?

ckoonyin
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kel_wt86 View Post
    bro wat the price? wat are the size range?
    i paid mine for $79.90 and the sizes are from XS to XXXL according to their leaflet.

sha89
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

where to buy?

ckoonyin
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sha89 View Post
    where to buy?

LuckyThirteen
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ckoonyin View Post
    Hey peeps, chanced up the Techn Armor Raincoat which was on offer.

I paid $79.90 for the jacket which is inclusive of the armor pads.

Was looking for a armor jacket so i took a closer look and bought it today as the price was quite attractive IMHO.
    I got the yellow to increase visibility and they do come in other colours like red, blue and black.

This being my 1st armor raincoat/jacket so do bear with me if there are things which i overlook or inaccurate.

1st impression was that it being a raincoat, it would be quite hot to wear during the days and will prob defeat the purpose of being armored up during the day.
    At the same time, it is water proof thus i will remove my rain coat and just put my rain pants in my box in case of rain.
    However, the jacket has air vents that is said to let air through and would be the same as wearing a windbreaker.

Inside there are armor pads for the elbows, shoulders and the back. The pads are not plastic, they are more of a impact cusioning PU pads which absorbs impact.
    More importantly, they are from Knox which are from UK and they are CE certified.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CE_mark

http://www.planet-knox.com

The pads are held in place by pockets sewn in the internal netting of the raincoat and the elbow pads are furthur held in place by adjustable straps at the arms.

An interesting feature would be the stomach straps or "tummy" straps. This allows the jacket to be adjusted to fit properly so ensure the back armor will be in the best position to protect my back. Best suited for "pot bellied" ppeps like me.
    Their sizes range from XS to XXXL.

The jacket is actually designed by a fellow Singaporean and the pads are from Knox from UK.
    I will be updating this thread as i use it and keep up peeps update.

Below are some pics

DSC00678.JPG

Frontal View

DSC00673.JPG

Frontal view showing reflective strips

DSC00675.jpg

Backview showing reflective strips

I will be updating this thread as i use it and keep you peeps updated.
    Bro first of all let me thank you for starting this review thread and I would just like to point out that I have no relations whatsoever with the Techn Armor owner(Vincent).

Before I came across this thread, I was contemplating on getting a new rain coat as my old raincoat (Arai) have worn off. I wanted to try something different, not the usual Arai's,OGK's and even Pro Grip(I have worn all three brands before). As such some of my friends recommended rain suits(1 piece like overalls) such as Dainese and Spidi. Of course the more popular choice they presented to me was RS Taichi rainbuster.

So I surfed through the net to find reviews of the stated rain coats and rainsuit. That was when I chance upon this thread. I took down the address to check ou the product.

Today, I went to survey all the recommended brands of rain coats and rainsuits from Motoworld, Dainese etc. I nearly wanted to buy the Spidi Rainsuit but I changed my mind and wanted to take a look at the Techn Armor Raincoat. So I had to travel from Ubi area all the way to Jurong West Ave 1.

As luck was not on my side, it rained horrendously mid way through the journey. Being a despatch rider before, I rode in the rain cautiously and reached the shop, drenched from head to toe.

I would like to applaud the boss, Vincent and Andrew for their patience and understanding. They let me into the shop even though I was dripping with rain water (creating a puddle inside the shop!) and also let me try the raincoat on with my wet shirt on. They were very helpful and explain to me in detail about the product. I was very amazed by their level of service and also the quality of the product itself. After choosing the rain coat and rain pants of my size, I was told they don't accept Nets. Vincent lent me his umbrella and persuaded me not to ride in the rain, to just walk to the market area (about 5 min away) to withdraw money.

I made my way to the market area, bought myself a cheap T-shirt, bermudas and boxer(all three items less than $10! Amazing!) and made my way back to the shop. I paid S$89.90 for the rain coat and rain pants and wore it immediately. Vincent saw that the rain pants was too small for me and told me to change to a bigger size. He was right indeed. I thanked both Vincent and Andrew before making my way back from Jurong to AMK.

Product: Techn Armor Raincoat (I chose black) comes in black, yellow, blue and red
    Cost: S$79.90(Armored version) S$49.90 (Non-armored version) Rainpants: S$9.90

Very comfortable raincoat with added protection with back armor padding, shoulder padding and elbow padding. All the paddings are from Knox. Raincoat was designed by Vincent (fellow Singaporean).

Result: Journey from Jurong to AMK, it was still raining heavily. Upon reaching my destination, not a single drop of rain on my entire body (of course the neck area is wet). The raincoat is also not hot and stuffy when worn unlike some other brands. When I took the raincoat off I did not sweat at all and I felt very comfortable.

I would strongly recommend this newcomer raincoat to all bikers.
    Five stars for the service from Vincent and Andrew and also for this Singaporean-designed raincoat.

ckoonyin
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyThirteen View Post
    Bro first of all let me thank you for starting this review thread and I would just like to point out that I have no relations whatsoever with the Techn Armor owner(Vincent).

Before I came across this thread, I was contemplating on getting a new rain coat as my old raincoat (Arai) have worn off. I wanted to try something different, not the usual Arai's,OGK's and even Pro Grip(I have worn all three brands before). As such some of my friends recommended rain suits(1 piece like overalls) such as Dainese and Spidi. Of course the more popular choice they presented to me was RS Taichi rainbuster.

So I surfed through the net to find reviews of the stated rain coats and rainsuit. That was when I chance upon this thread. I took down the address to check ou the product.

Today, I went to survey all the recommended brands of rain coats and rainsuits from Motoworld, Dainese etc. I nearly wanted to buy the Spidi Rainsuit but I changed my mind and wanted to take a look at the Techn Armor Raincoat. So I had to travel from Ubi area all the way to Jurong West Ave 1.

As luck was not on my side, it rained horrendously mid way through the journey. Being a despatch rider before, I rode in the rain cautiously and reached the shop, drenched from head to toe.

I would like to applaud the boss, Vincent and Andrew for their patience and understanding. They let me into the shop even though I was dripping with rain water (creating a puddle inside the shop!) and also let me try the raincoat on with my wet shirt on. They were very helpful and explain to me in detail about the product. I was very amazed by their level of service and also the quality of the product itself. After choosing the rain coat and rain pants of my size, I was told they don't accept Nets. Vincent lent me his umbrella and persuaded me not to ride in the rain, to just walk to the market area (about 5 min away) to withdraw money.

I made my way to the market area, bought myself a cheap T-shirt, bermudas and boxer(all three items less than $10! Amazing!) and made my way back to the shop. I paid S$89.90 for the rain coat and rain pants and wore it immediately. Vincent saw that the rain pants was too small for me and told me to change to a bigger size. He was right indeed. I thanked both Vincent and Andrew before making my way back from Jurong to AMK.

Product: Techn Armor Raincoat (I chose black) comes in black, yellow, blue and red
    Cost: S$79.90(Armored version) S$49.90 (Non-armored version) Rainpants: S$9.90

Very comfortable raincoat with added protection with back armor padding, shoulder padding and elbow padding. All the paddings are from Knox. Raincoat was designed by Vincent (fellow Singaporean).

Result: Journey from Jurong to AMK, it was still raining heavily. Upon reaching my destination, not a single drop of rain on my entire body (of course the neck area is wet). The raincoat is also not hot and stuffy when worn unlike some other brands. When I took the raincoat off I did not sweat at all and I felt very comfortable.

I would strongly recommend this newcomer raincoat to all bikers.
    Five stars for the service from Vincent and Andrew and also for this Singaporean-designed raincoat.

Hey bro, am glad that my effort benefited you and hope it will benefit others as well.

I am also not related to them in any way but yea, service counts a lot to me.......rather den those shops that are pushy or seems snobbish because i am a newbie rider, Andrew definately scores full marks for service and customer orientation. And i believe VIncent would be the same too.

Glad that it worked out for you as a raincoat.

Btw, would you be wearing during normal riding as a armor jacket too? or just only when it is raining?

LuckyThirteen
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ckoonyin View Post
    Hey bro, am glad that my effort benefited you and hope it will benefit others as well.

I am also not related to them in any way but yea, service counts a lot to me.......rather den those shops that are pushy or seems snobbish because i am a newbie rider, Andrew definately scores full marks for service and customer orientation. And i believe VIncent would be the same too.

Glad that it worked out for you as a raincoat.

Btw, would you be wearing during normal riding as a armor jacket too? or just only when it is raining?

Yes I would wear it during normal riding as well just to see how it fares in Singapore climate but I reckon I will be warm as I bought the black one. Will try it for one week before I post more feedbacks.

theblackmamba
    check out the free stuff thread
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

whats the name of his shop and what are their opening hours

ckoonyin
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyThirteen View Post

Yes I would wear it during normal riding as well just to see how it fares in Singapore climate but I reckon I will be warm as I bought the black one. Will try it for one week before I post more feedbacks.
    Just tried it today and with the sun shining, it was kinda stuffy. However, it is the same as if u are wearing a normal wind breaker.

As i moved, i can feel the wind going inside via the air vents thus cooling the body effectively. I would say the venting does work as long as you are moving.

But if u are stuck @ the traffic lights or jam, it will be the same as a normal windbreaker.

Quote Originally Posted by theblackmamba View Post
    Hi, am not too sure about the shop name but they are located at Blk 541 Jurong West Ave 1 #01-1046C. They are opened everyday from 1 to 8.

As for their contact numbers, it is Vincent at 9834 9592 or Andrew at 9735 7678 as listed on their leaflet.

LuckyThirteen
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theblackmamba View Post
    The shop name if I not mistaken is U-Techn or Knox. They are the distributor for Knox products in Singapore. When you go into the carpark of Blk 541 Jurong West Ave 1 you will see a coffeeshop first followed by Adventure on Wheels and further down is the Techn Armor Raincoat shop. Can't miss it.

hachi
    waiting to down grade
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rain pant 9.90....I always for the problem of rain pant leaking.....Can show some photos? Thinking of getting it....
    Bikes Owned: LC125 RXZ135 GSXR400RP CB400VS CB400Spec2 SV650 CBRF4i FZ1000 CBR929 YZF05R6 CBR150 HondaSonic125 Yamaha Cygnus-X125 KymcoGrandink 250 Hornet 250 04 Yamaha Tmax XP500 08 Silverwing 400

Current bikes: FZ6 S2

Gear 2nd

ckoonyin
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hachi View Post
    Rain pant 9.90....I always for the problem of rain pant leaking.....Can show some photos? Thinking of getting it....
    this 1 i dun have leh......cause i never get.

but it think it is the normal kind ba

driftbaker
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sounds like a good product! does rain water seep thru the front zipper? cos the current raincoat that i'm using does...

LuckyThirteen
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hachi View Post
    Rain pants are normal ones you can find.

Quote Originally Posted by driftbaker View Post
    sounds like a good product! does rain water seep thru the front zipper? cos the current raincoat that i'm using does...
    Once the raincoat is zipped up there is another layer to cover the zip area fastened by velcro.

ckoonyin
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by driftbaker View Post
    yea, at the front there is another cover that is fastened by a strip of velcro running down the whole jacket.

I think this is better as compared to just a few strips velcro on other rain coat.

I've tried to squeeze the Raincoat into my 45 L box with my helmet but sadly....cannot fit in

hachi
    waiting to down grade
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just brought 4 pairs of rain pants. Very impress with the quality. Cos my rain pants always leaked and I need to buy the whole set just to replace the pants.....
    A bit short, when sitting down, it just cant cover the shoe. IMO still very value for money.
    Bikes Owned: LC125 RXZ135 GSXR400RP CB400VS CB400Spec2 SV650 CBRF4i FZ1000 CBR929 YZF05R6 CBR150 HondaSonic125 Yamaha Cygnus-X125 KymcoGrandink 250 Hornet 250 04 Yamaha Tmax XP500 08 Silverwing 400

Current bikes: FZ6 S2

Gear 2nd

limkim
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I understand it is quite big and cannot fit into the box.

My box can store 2 helmets and my current arai rain coat. Really cannot fit?

ckoonyin
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limkim View Post
    I understand it is quite big and cannot fit into the box.

My box can store 2 helmets and my current arai rain coat. Really cannot fit?
    Actually the big part is the back armor. The shoulder and elbow ones are small.

Mine is a Zeus 45L box and before i bought the armor raincoat, i can only put 1 Full face helmet and a normal raincoat and rainpants that is w/i armor.

Over the wkend i took everything out and placed the armor raincoat in 1st followed by the Full face helmet but cannot close properly liao.

Maybe it is the way i place my things ba.

If u happen to stay in the west, maybe i can show u or u can show me how to squeeze?
    Last edited by ckoonyin; 17-11-2009 at 01:49 PM.

limkim
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I live in the north (AMK).

my box can squeeze 2 helmets (not full face). Normally i placed them sitting straight and my raincoat will be flat on top of them.

If i need more space i will place the helmet lying sideway next to each other and i can store more stuff in it.

ckoonyin
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I live in the north (AMK).

my box can squeeze 2 helmets (not full face). Normally i placed them sitting straight and my raincoat will be flat on top of them.

If i need more space i will place the helmet lying sideway next to each other and i can store more stuff in it.
    oooo that's kinda far liao........unless u are ok with Raffles Place as i work around there.

limkim
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me too I work at One george st. opposite great eastern building.

u?

ckoonyin
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Me too I work at One george st. opposite great eastern building.

u?
    Working @ Singapore Land Tower.

Maybe can drop by on friday @ my location if u wanna see the jacket for yourself. i can prob meet u like 5:15 or so.

three
    is hated by most, envied by others, yet wanted by many.
    Class 2A
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For those who are not familiar. This shop is a few doors away from Adventure On wheels.
    Bikes
    Men ride it. Boys dream about it.

ckoonyin
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

hey peeps,

finally had a chance to test the raincoat when it is raining.

It was raining very heavily this afternoon when i was riding from Raffles Place to Ubi.

It worked well however i still got wet.

I got wet because i forgot to zip up the air vents and didn't velcro the front properly

on my return trip, i made surely everything was done up properly and hey presto! it worked like a charm

so far it did keep me warm and dry so i guess it is working.

JackOHJack
    ?
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sounds cool for the price! anyone tried this and mesh jackets b4? is the cooling effect comparable?

also, is it hard armor or soft armor?

last thing: the back armor plate can be bended?

thx!
    Be Safe & Wreckless

Sin Ming Editor 1 day jail, $2k fine for pillion death!

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5326937&posted=1#post5326937

d3an_cain
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wasted..i just bought "AGV" raincoat.. cost almost the same as this.. wasted

does that mean they sell the raincoat top onli for $70++? no rainpants included?

[/CENTER]
    http://redop2.multiply.com/

ckoonyin
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JackOHJack View Post
    sounds cool for the price! anyone tried this and mesh jackets b4? is the cooling effect comparable?

also, is it hard armor or soft armor?

last thing: the back armor plate can be bended?

thx!
    I've been using it close toa month now. It is typically a windbreaker and which the air vents opened up, it is quite cooling when u are moving.

But when you are stopped @ the traffic light, it does get a bit hot just like a typical windbreaker on a sunny day.

Good thing is that it doubles up @ a raincoat so when u are riding halfway and it rains, all u need to do is to put ure rain pants on. Just remember to zip up the airvent...else the water will zip in as the verts are in front of your chest so with the wind, water will be pushed it.

But when zipped up it is totally water proof.

it is soft armor.

i personally have not tried any hard armor before but i think it would be more comfy i guess

Below are some of the pictures of the armor. The armor is from Knox which is CE certified.

DSC00218.jpg DSC00219.jpg

DSC00220.jpg DSC00221.jpg

Unfortunately the back armor cannot be bent thus it is kinda bulky as with other armor jackets too.

Personally, i got a 45L Zues box. I can only choose to put in my FF helmet or the jacket.

Quote Originally Posted by d3an_cain View Post
    wasted..i just bought "AGV" raincoat.. cost almost the same as this.. wasted

does that mean they sell the raincoat top onli for $70++? no rainpants included?
    The price when i got it during the promo was $79.90. That includes the armor already. If u want the jacket without the armor, i think it would be cheaper.

Rain pants is an additional $9.90.

That was back then when the promotion is still on.

You may like to call them to see if the promo is on.

They are located at Blk 541 Jurong West Ave 1 #01-1046C. They are opened everyday from 1 to 8.

As for their contact numbers, it is Vincent at 9834 9592 or Andrew at 9735 7678 as listed on their leaflet.
    Last edited by ckoonyin; 05-12-2009 at 12:30 PM.

glzco
    has some sort of status.
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

great review!! i am very interested in the rain jacket now.. armour plus convertible to raincoat even when wearing.. i tink its reali good.. shall go down sometime nxt week.. mayb tml..

Bajaj "Firefly" Pulsar 180 > Dec 2008 - present

ckoonyin
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

good for you

uvlex
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The back armour is foldable =) you can check with them on how it is done

ckoonyin
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by uvlex View Post
    The back armour is foldable =) you can check with them on how it is done
    foldable?? foldable when storing in the box?

or just bendable to take in and out of the jacket?

uvlex
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha yes sorry, foldable is a wrong word, bendable to a smaller size is what i mean =)

JackOHJack
    ?
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if bendable then very good leh, can squeeze into ff in a 33l box. (this is wat i do anyw) then i can remove my rain jacket!
    Be Safe & Wreckless

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5326937&posted=1#post5326937

ckoonyin
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

if bendable then very good leh, can squeeze into ff in a 33l box. (this is wat i do anyw) then i can remove my rain jacket!
    eh....you can try.....but i dun think can leh.

Cause if can....I ALSO WAN TO DO IT!!!!

Cause i wanted to do it but i scared it will cause damage to the armor.

Anyway u got a total of 5 armor parts....how to sqeeze into FF?

Finrod
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

very interesting, nonus coming some more....guess i ts time for a change of leaky raincoats.
    I want to see the world and i'm pretty sure the world wants to show a little something to me.

ckoonyin
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

yeap....with added armor

uvlex
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can fold it inwards only =) but not outwards. Thus it is bendable, this is told to me by the boss so if u have any question or doubt why not check with him =)

Infinite^Sky
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OMG! the jacket sounds cool! maybe can gather a few people and buy tgt! prolly have abit of discount
    SKY - NESS

10/06/09 - Passed TP!
    17/06/09 - First Ride NSR SP.

Roehr-1250SC

ckoonyin
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

u can try

Am still using it and it does work as a raincoat...though a tad hot during hot days and when stopping @ traffic lights...just like any raincoat.

Mcfizzo
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry for off topic... But anyone been there seen if they happen to sell helmet backpack.. ? Eg knox six-pack

Replay
    ? Rewind ? Fast Forward ?
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

just got the rain pants from them, great service! friendly and very honest chaps i must say.. =D

err he did intro me to a backpack but i not sure if it's the one you're looking for bro.. just call them! =)

singapore_forest
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hrmm somehow got a feeling that ts is the owner of the shop and some of them reply here is a clone.

Mcfizzo
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah i did called them.... they do bring in .. but not much stock left..

http://store.planet-knox.com/knox/lu...ack-ruck-sack/

dsmnd
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yep, bought the back pack. good service from the father and son team.

barefoot
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the shop is like just 5mins ride away from my home.

just nice, im hunting for a daily jacket to replace my komine which made me look like hulk

lamerass85
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just wanna share my experiences with this rain coat. After buying it for a few weks, i finally got a chance to use it in the rain today. It pretty much DID NOT do the job of keeping me dry even in medium rain. For some reason, my arm pit area, stomach area and two small spots on both side of my hips were wet. I swear it wasn't sweat as i was not even warm. I would expect some parts to be wet if it's a super heavy rain but in medium rain like this, even my old pro grip raincoat can keep me drier..

I tested it on my journey to my destination and back home, and both times, the same spots were wet. I'm pretty disappointed in this product considering the good reviews found here. Perhaps it would serve more as a riding jacket than a rain coat for me from now on..

ckoonyin
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lamerass85 View Post
    Just wanna share my experiences with this rain coat. After buying it for a few weks, i finally got a chance to use it in the rain today. It pretty much DID NOT do the job of keeping me dry even in medium rain. For some reason, my arm pit area, stomach area and two small spots on both side of my hips were wet. I swear it wasn't sweat as i was not even warm. I would expect some parts to be wet if it's a super heavy rain but in medium rain like this, even my old pro grip raincoat can keep me drier..

I tested it on my journey to my destination and back home, and both times, the same spots were wet. I'm pretty disappointed in this product considering the good reviews found here. Perhaps it would serve more as a riding jacket than a rain coat for me from now on..
    hmm.....today i also gena the rain......but i ensured that the velcro fronts was properly closed up, all the air vents are also zipped up den all dry leh.....

Perhaps u wanna see if your velcro was securly fastened and the air vents are zipped up?

1 thing to note though, one of my waist straps came off liao....perhaps stiching could be better?

At the same time singapore_forest, i am definately not the owner of the shop.
    Just a satisfied customer.

JackOHJack
    ?
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lamerass85 View Post

sorry to hear that. 2 things to check - 1)did u close the zips 2) is the rear neck area quite opened?

perhaps i shd include my review as well.

first up, the guys were very friendly, and their products are solid - knox armor. to be fair, just the techn armor plates themselves would have cost abt $80 ald, so they are really throwing in the raincoat at a highly discounted price.

However, upon trying the raincoat, realised that i was warm even in the air-conditioned room. i.e. i wun last 2 mins in it on a hot day if i intend to wear it like my mesh jacket. however, it definitely target a special need - armor in the rain.

Also, what i personally dun like is that the inner pockets are not well manufactured - can feel the edges of the plates, which happens to be quite pokey - cant imagine being poked by it in any undesireable situation.

The rear neck area tend to open up quite big, i believe it's coz the manufacturers did not take into account the raincoat will flex with armor - raincoat made w/o armor ma? thus i believe could be 1 source of water intrusion for lamerass85.

cheers.
    Be Safe & Wreckless

antartica
    hates the splash adverts!!!
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry to hear that. 2 things to check - 1)did u close the zips 2) is the rear neck area quite opened?

perhaps i shd include my review as well.

first up, the guys were very friendly, and their products are solid - knox armor. to be fair, just the techn armor plates themselves would have cost abt $80 ald, so they are really throwing in the raincoat at a highly discounted price.

However, upon trying the raincoat, realised that i was warm even in the air-conditioned room. i.e. i wun last 2 mins in it on a hot day if i intend to wear it like my mesh jacket. however, it definitely target a special need - armor in the rain.

Also, what i personally dun like is that the inner pockets are not well manufactured - can feel the edges of the plates, which happens to be quite pokey - cant imagine being poked by it in any undesireable situation.

The rear neck area tend to open up quite big, i believe it's coz the manufacturers did not take into account the raincoat will flex with armor - raincoat made w/o armor ma? thus i believe could be 1 source of water intrusion for lamerass85.

cheers.
    hmm... been following this thread for a while now and considering getting this for wet days
    but after reading what Jack said i think i'll just stick to a good rain suit + my regular armour mesh under it...

query - any one knows where to get 1 pc or jumper suit type rain gear?
    TA200-FV535*B:11 Sep 08 - Jul 10
    CB400S-Silver -FBB926*U:03 Nov 09-10 Jun 11
    R1200C-大佬B -FBF35*Z:18 Jan 11- ...
    RIII-The Kraken -FBD83*M: 9 Apr 12-...
    Cage-SJS320*M:18 Dec 09 - ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast