happyday00
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default decarbonize!

anyone one can teach me how to decarbonize?
    did some research, quite a few method.
    wonder which way is safer and how to do it..

liquidy
    ?
    Class 2A
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

decarbonize what part?

happyday00
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by liquidy View Post
    decarbonize what part?
    Decarbonize exhaust

Iori Yamagi
    Is takumiae86
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by happyday00 View Post
    Decarbonize exhaust
    Bro go JB decarbonize ba..much cheaper,good job and oso save those trouble jus my thought dun mind ah

Class 2B Honda SP (SOLD)
    Class 2A (24/08/2010)S4 spec 1(Friend riding)
    Class 3(10/2009)Suzuki Swift

ayoasti
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how much does it cost to do it in Spore?
    Life's short, ride safe.

CyanSupra
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

at least 50...
    Pls don't tailgate or stalk moi.

MiddleAgedBiker
    has no status.
    Class 2
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The safest way to do it is to cut open the exhaust to clean it. I assume it's a 2 stroke bike? In my experience, info from the internet is not always reliable, unless you can see pictures or videos of them doing it. I share with you my own experience.

My first bike was a 2 stroke scrambler. Some "expert" told me, go to some jungle area, take out your pipe, start a big fire, put the pipe inside and heat it up, that will make all the carbon drop off. Fix it back, you blow the throttle all the carbon will fly out.

What actually happened. Bitten by mosquitoes like crazy while taking out pipe in the jungle near coastal road. Burned the pipe in the fire, the paint of the pipe all chialat. Fix it back on bike, kick like crazy, bike cannot start. Ho seh liao, bike stuck in jungle in coastal road, what am I going to do now?

Push to main road, that time no hand phone yet, so stand there like lost puppy don't know what to do. Started waving down cars. At last, one uncle driving a pick up stopped to help me. Very nice, put my bike on his pickup, drove me to bedok petrol kiosk service station where there was a bike shop.

In the end the mechanic told me the pipe was clogged by huge pieces of carbon falling off the sides and clogging up the pathway, that's why the bike cannot start. But after cut and clean, the power difference was really great.

adesmond2
    is a Relaxed
    SBF Lacer
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleAgedBiker View Post
    The safest way to do it is to cut open the exhaust to clean it. I assume it's a 2 stroke bike? In my experience, info from the internet is not always reliable, unless you can see pictures or videos of them doing it. I share with you my own experience.

My first bike was a 2 stroke scrambler. Some "expert" told me, go to some jungle area, take out your pipe, start a big fire, put the pipe inside and heat it up, that will make all the carbon drop off. Fix it back, you blow the throttle all the carbon will fly out.

What actually happened. Bitten by mosquitoes like crazy while taking out pipe in the jungle near coastal road. Burned the pipe in the fire, the paint of the pipe all chialat. Fix it back on bike, kick like crazy, bike cannot start. Ho seh liao, bike stuck in jungle in coastal road, what am I going to do now?

Push to main road, that time no hand phone yet, so stand there like lost puppy don't know what to do. Started waving down cars. At last, one uncle driving a pick up stopped to help me. Very nice, put my bike on his pickup, drove me to bedok petrol kiosk service station where there was a bike shop.

In the end the mechanic told me the pipe was clogged by huge pieces of carbon falling off the sides and clogging up the pathway, that's why the bike cannot start. But after cut and clean, the power difference was really great.
    lolx.. so concludation is to bring to a bike shop either in SG or JB to do up..
    Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks...

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well.

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

LoganLee
    is the Biker Man.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How much is it to do it in JB?

adesmond2
    is a Relaxed
    SBF Lacer
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LoganLee View Post
    How much is it to do it in JB?
    between RM$40~RM$70.. depending on how close you are with the bike shop..
    Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks...

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well.

arthur_chan
    is King Arthur
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

actually what jb ppl do is the same as what MiddleAgedBiker describe, except they using clean fire, from a blow torch. it has the heat n blow power to force out the carbon. very noisy n smelly too.

i dont know how sg do it, but they dont use blow torch, so i suspose they cut out n clean.

another diy method is go msia highway n throttle ur max.
    Accident can happen anytime, anywhere.
    However ask yourself, do you want to fall at 120km/h or 60km/h?

rocklobster
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL....

yeah bring malaysia and do is cheaper but you have to sit there and wait for very long... some more no 3G and you may not be the first customer there = sit there for many hours and smoke....
    Cheap + fast = no good
    Cheap + good = not fast
    Good + fast = not cheap
    >>>(wise words from ahduck)<<<

rocklobster
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL....

yeah bring malaysia and do is cheaper but you have to sit there and wait for very long... some more no 3G and you may not be the first customer there = sit there for many hours and smoke....
    Cheap + fast = no good
    Cheap + good = not fast
    Good + fast = not cheap
    >>>(wise words from ahduck)<<<

LoganLee
    is the Biker Man.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If not JB, where can I do in SGP?

adesmond2
    is a Relaxed
    SBF Lacer
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by arthur_chan View Post
    actually what jb ppl do is the same as what MiddleAgedBiker describe, except they using clean fire, from a blow torch. it has the heat n blow power to force out the carbon. very noisy n smelly too.

i dont know how sg do it, but they dont use blow torch, so i suspose they cut out n clean.

another diy method is go msia highway n throttle ur max.
    haha.. yup yup... JB is the cleanest... JB highway thottle max cannot "clear" much.. lolx.. compare to those "fire" haha...

Quote Originally Posted by rocklobster View Post
    LOL....

yup yup... confirm have to sit and smoke.. not many hours.. depending on which shop and how close also..

If not JB, where can I do in SGP?
    SGP will not burn that clean as they use "electric fire".. so that not much noise + smoke as N*A loves to catch the "smokey" thingy.. lolx...

LoganLee
    is the Biker Man.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh! So go JB do is best!

a d v o C a t e s
    sparkkk135
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, go whack whack whack until clear lo. no la, can go jb do, cheap cheap only somemore can see your exhaust act like a rocket with all the fire spitting out.
    Never ride faster than your Angel can fly.
    CBR 400RRN

bro131313
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh! So go JB do is best!
    yup yup... low cost/ no damage to engine + best effect after decarbon...