PDA

View Full Version : Helmet and Tinted visors issues

Pages : [1] 2

imported_DREAM_MACHINE
23-02-2005, 01:42 AM
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
FOR VISOR LEGISLATION

1. Do I have to wear a clear tint visor at night? / Can I continue to wear my tinted visor at night if it's within the regulations?
You can use any helmet with visor of at least 70% light transmittance at any time.

2. How about coloured tints? Or Full face helmets?
Coloured tinted visors are fine if they meet the 70% light transmittance. Full face helmets must also meet the requirements. However visors with reflective surfaces are not allowed. Please go to http://www.spring.gov.sg for a full list of the approved helmets.

3. Does the change in law means I have to buy a new helmet or change my visor?
No, you can continue to use your current helmet, if it meets the requirement of having at least 70% light transmittance.

4. I just bought a new helmet with some tint; how do I know the visor is within the law regulations?
You may check with the retailer whom you bought from. All retailers must also comply with the law.

5. Can I get a refund if the helmet I bought is not within the regulations?
You would have to check with the shop that sold the helmet. Nonetheless, it is an offence for the retailer to sell any helmet that is unapproved. You may provide the particulars of the retailer to Traffic Police for investigation pertaining to the sale of unapproved helmets.
6. Is TP checking the suppliers to ensure that the helmets they bring in, and which we subsequently buy, is within the law regulations?
TP will conduct spot checks on the retailers if information is received of an illegal sale. Any retailer found flouting the law would be charged in court.

7. Does the officer have to bring my helmet to LTA inspection centre if my visor is suspected of flouting the new rule?
No, the officer will be able to determine on the spot, the light transmittance of the visor using a tint meter.

8. Which are the stakeholders TP have discussions with on the review?
A Working Group comprising stakeholders, specific users and interest groups1 was set up in February 2003 to review the requirements for the motorcycle visors. There's also a public consultation on the revised requirements for the visor and eventual approval by the General Engineering and Safety Standards Committee (GESSC) to amend the SS9:1992.

1 Stakeholders - The Working Group was chaired by Prof Chin Hoong Chor of NUS. SPRING; Traffic Police Department, Criminal Investigation Department, Operations Department; Land Transport Authority; specific users such as Storm Riders and Harley Owners Group; interest groups - National Safety Council, Automobile Association of Singapore, Singapore Motor Cycle Trade Association, Ministry of Health, Singapore Safety Driving Centre, Comfort Driving Centre and Bukit Batok Driving Centre, NUS and the Ergonomics Society of Singapore.

9. Would it be safe for the riders and other road users? Or when they wear them at night?
The lifting of the ban on tinted visors was decided after a lengthy review process which determined that the 70% light transmittance for visors is safe for both day and night riding and will not impede the riders' view thereby posing danger to other road users.

10. Can I wear sunglasses while wearing an approved version of the tinted visor?
Sunglasses worn together with the approved visor is ok. This is also the current position for motorcyclists as well as for motorcar drivers. In situations where it's dark/dimly lit, riders are expected to remove the sunglasses. The standard for the new visor is deemed clear enough for universal (including night) use.

sheep
23-02-2005, 12:57 PM
Sunglasses i tot its our own business? I can wear them at midnite and they wun catch rite?

10. Can I wear sunglasses while wearing an approved version of the tinted visor?
Sunglasses worn together with the approved visor is ok.This is also the current position for motorcyclists as well as for motorcar drivers. In situations where it&#39;s dark/dimly lit, <span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>riders are expected to remove the sunglasses. </span>
The standard for the new visor is deemed clear enough for universal (including night) use.

Biased against riders... pui&#33; :sian:

SiaoSter
23-02-2005, 01:07 PM
don bother gng to find a approved tinted visor it will be hard to find and with %70 light to go through ....i find tat its as good as using a clear visor...not much help with that %30 tinted :giddy:

i and a few of my friends got fined for using the tinted visor &#036;50 each...unless u got lots of &#036;50 from ang bao if not don use tinted visor :thumb:

i learnt my lesson n made a pair of sunglass and change my visor to a CLEAR one :thumb: :thumb:

frz
23-02-2005, 01:28 PM
i thought is 50% tinted?

RG
23-02-2005, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by frz@Feb 23 2005, 01:28 PM
i thought is 50% tinted?
U thought wrong.

RG
23-02-2005, 04:53 PM
DREAM_MACHINE, good effort :thumb:

but....it&#39;s a repeated thread. Tat info was posted long ago.

nE0
23-02-2005, 10:39 PM
In situations where it&#39;s dark/dimly lit, riders are expected to remove the sunglasses. The standard for the new visor is deemed clear enough for universal (including night) use.

Well, tell me how easy it is to take off a sunglass when entering a tunnel, or an underground carpark, while braking with right leg, right hand, left hand controlling clutch, going down a slippery concrete slope, going over speed bumps, negotiating barriers??

And where the F am I going to put my oakleys? Between my legs, so they can drop off and some car behind can crush my &#036;300 oakleys? Issn&#39;t it so much easier to flip up a tinted visor?

End up everytime I enter a covered carpark from a bright sunny day, I get blinded for at least 2 minutes while my eyes adjust.

imported_DREAM_MACHINE
25-02-2005, 01:21 AM
THX RG..its for the benefit of riders who r still unsure of the visor stuff..

standlee
25-02-2005, 06:57 PM
some additional info 4 u guys.

u guys shld have came across those visors from LAB rite?

they comes in CLEAR, SLIGHTLY TINTED & DARK as claimed by LAB.

dark visors ll definitely fails the light transmittance test.

debate is on the slightly tinted, how exactly is slightly tinted, tinted??

38%, tats wat one TP told a fren of mine when he was issuing the summon.

btw, those TP dun juz blabbe, they do carry the light transmittance tester with them.

ShadeS
06-03-2005, 11:35 PM
ok heres some things which i need confirmation of...i am very sure that the rider is not allowed to wear tinted visor...but wat about the pillion???
so issit ok if the rider wear a clear visor but the pillion wear a tinted one???

ah_tee
06-03-2005, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by standlee@Feb 25 2005, 06:57 PM
some additional info 4 u guys.

u guys shld have came across those visors from LAB rite?

they comes in CLEAR, SLIGHTLY TINTED & DARK as claimed by LAB.

dark visors ll definitely fails the light transmittance test.

debate is on the slightly tinted, how exactly is slightly tinted, tinted??

38%, tats wat one TP told a fren of mine when he was issuing the summon.

btw, those TP dun juz blabbe, they do carry the light transmittance tester with them.
ya, they do carry the device wif them and their own no lan CLEAR visor is only 82 percent light transmittence

SiaoSter
06-03-2005, 11:59 PM
don bother about getting those tinted visors from lab that pass the light transmission test. it does not exist...even if it does...they sure tell u can pass if not how they earn money

:sian:

get the clear one and wear a sunglass....not worth paying &#036;50 every time kana summon by tp

pillion can wear tinted (meaning wont get summon but verbal warning )

MC28
13-03-2005, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by Ah Siao@Mar 6 2005, 11:59 PM
don bother about getting those tinted visors from lab that pass the light transmission test. it does not exist...even if it does...they sure tell u can pass if not how they earn money

:sian:

get the clear one and wear a sunglass....not worth paying &#036;50 every time kana summon by tp

pillion can wear tinted (meaning wont get summon but verbal warning )
my Zeus light smoke 38% tinted(tp give chance)..he oso tested a clear visor for me to see..it&#39;s around 24% tinted(clear visor :sian: )

The reading&#39;s on the Tint &#39;O&#39; Meter(Lame name for the gadget) will tell u how many % of light is going thru..

Pillion can be summon for wearing tinted visor which fail their test(my fren kena be4)..it&#39;s up to the tp on whether they wana fine u a not..

Dafanshu
04-04-2005, 05:43 PM
2 times of &#036;50 can buy 1 new good helmet&#33;

nE0
04-04-2005, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Dafanshu@Apr 4 2005, 05:43 PM
2 times of &#036;50 can buy 1 new good helmet&#33;
You sure?

My visor alone costs that much...

w3rT
07-04-2005, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by nE0@Apr 4 2005, 05:58 PM
You sure?

wha.. bro,u using wad helmet?

ET
11-04-2005, 09:58 AM
can pillion wear tinted visor..?

ZLord
11-04-2005, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Stuntlover@Apr 11 2005, 09:58 AM
By right is cannot, but usually the TP will give chance as long as the rider is not wearing tinted visor....but when a person is suay, anything can happen :giddy:

nE0
11-04-2005, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by w3rT@Apr 7 2005, 11:15 AM
wha.. bro,u using wad helmet?
AGV.

Tinted Visors from the better brands cost around this price too.

william_liu
11-04-2005, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Stuntlover@Apr 11 2005, 09:58 AM
Nope, same rules apply to pillion. So unless the TP turns a blind eye, it is a bookable offence as well.

ghost04
27-04-2005, 09:39 AM
yesterday kena road block the officer told me pillion visor don really matters they more attention to riders. i kena &#036;50. my visor only allows 35% lite pass. way below some more its from LAB and he says can pass one. anyone of u bought from him and kena b4? got complain to him?

floppy
27-04-2005, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by kona@Apr 27 2005, 09:39 AM
yesterday kena road block the officer told me pillion visor don really matters they more attention to riders. i kena &#036;50. my visor only allows 35% lite pass. way below some more its from LAB and he says can pass one. anyone of u bought from him and kena b4? got complain to him?
i think the posts above stated quite clearly... don&#39;t bother. LAB &#39;sure passed&#39; tinted visors won&#39;t pass tp&#39;s tint o&#39;meter.

Kr0n
08-05-2005, 12:48 PM
I don&#39;t think there&#39;ll be much use complaining to ah boy, but that&#39;s if you can get him off the phone to answer you first heh. According to Traffic Police&#39;s guidelines, you can let them know the vendor for your helmet if it was claimed to be yada yada, and TP will take action.

Raptor
08-05-2005, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Kr0n@May 8 2005, 12:48 PM
I don&#39;t think there&#39;ll be much use complaining to ah boy, but that&#39;s if you can get him off the phone to answer you first heh. According to Traffic Police&#39;s guidelines, you can let them know the vendor for your helmet if it was claimed to be yada yada, and TP will take action.
In the end.. the point is.. did LAB twist your arm and insist that you buy the visor??
Neither did he insist that you listen to his sales pitch about the visor and that it meets the regulations.
He did not.. you willingly took out your own money, under no duress or threat, and paid him smiling, thinking you had a good deal.

And now kena book... cry father cry mother, want to blame LAB. As good as being caught whislt high on drugs then insist it is the drug pusher&#39;s fault and you are innocent.

I am not siding the TP or LAB. The point is.. the law is not new. Every rider knows about it. Even though they know they can get booked and fined.. some will still wear for whatever reasons they may have.

Some people just love to give their hard earned money to the TPs.

RG
08-05-2005, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Raptor@May 8 2005, 01:08 PM
And now kena book... cry father cry mother, want to blame LAB. As good as being caught whislt high on drugs then insist it is the drug pusher&#39;s fault and you are innocent.

I am not siding the TP or LAB. The point is.. the law is not new. Every rider knows about it. Even though they know they can get booked and fined.. some will still wear for whatever reasons they may have.

I so agree... :thumb:

Aust
09-05-2005, 10:43 PM
So the Moral of the story, dun trust the bike shops&#33; BTW alot of people who bought visors from Ah Boy have actually bought unapproved visors as Ah Boy will asure &#39;sure pass&#39; visor. Get a clear visor & wear your sunglasses. I can&#39;t wear sunglasses + clear visor. Still no prob for me on sunny days. It&#39;s up to your to ensure your own safety. It&#39;s for your own good fellow bikers&#33;

ghost04
11-05-2005, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by Raptor@May 8 2005, 01:08 PM
In the end.. the point is.. did LAB twist your arm and insist that you buy the visor??
Neither did he insist that you listen to his sales pitch about the visor and that it meets the regulations.
He did not.. you willingly took out your own money, under no duress or threat, and paid him smiling, thinking you had a good deal.

hey hey hey i think u don get it. its not cry mother cry father i just don know why i got booked for a visor tat ah boy claims its approved. i not saying i going to appeal or complain or...watever. i just don understand cos i been using tat visor for the past 1 year without any problems...stopped at junctions beside countless TPs in the end they nvr say anything. perhaps cos its day time? hope u not trying to find fault wit me. im already using a clear visor liao.

ghost04
11-05-2005, 09:23 AM
when u got booked, at tat moment u definitely will be swearing and cursing at the shop tat sells u the visor cos they said its approved. unless u old bird u understand. but this one my 1st time buy 1 year later 1st time kena. its all our natural reaction at tat very moment only man..

Aust
12-05-2005, 10:23 PM
Think it&#39;s because they must have gotten the machine recently if not one year ago u might have been summoned already. Anyway it&#39;s Singapore that we are living in so we just got to obey the law of the country. Anyway local banks also don&#39;t allow people to wear helmets into banks for safety reason. Some things are just there for our safety and also the safety of others. Cheers&#33;

archenemy
04-06-2005, 06:35 PM
i bought a helmet in BKK & the visor that came with it..wah..cant see a thing if you were to see it from the outside&#33; its reflective&#33;

knowing that its definitely going to fail the TP test in S"pore, i asked for a clear visor there & then. the clear visor cost about 25% of the helmet.

2_wheeler
07-06-2005, 04:39 PM
for those who are using the NOLAN tinted visor pls take note........ the visor is 37% tinted and it FAIL will the test.

I happened to be near LAB when some officers were there doing the checking.... I ask a friendly officer if he could check my visor (at 1st he was reluctant by telling to send in for testing) and the result was only 63% of the light passes through.

NaZ23
19-06-2005, 10:24 PM
Any idea if that tint o&#39;meter gadget can be tuned to measure non-light transmittance? i.e. vice versa of its original function? coz the other day this TP tested my visor..first time it showed 85%...upon seeing that, he shielded the gadget away from me and did some adjustment to the gadget and tested again.. this time it read 42%.

And is there any shops where we could test the % of light transmittance on our visors? If so pls assist to state them. I&#39;d like to revalidate that test before deciding to pay or appeal.

I just need to be sure im not being played by that TP who was probably having a bored day and needed to issue summons. I have worn, rode past and been seen by other TPs with that visor for like 10 months..never an issue till that day. Hope someone could provide me with some concrete answers. Thank you&#33;

eyke
23-06-2005, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by NaZ23@Jun 19 2005, 10:36 PM
And is there any shops where we could test the % of light transmittance on our visors?
those shops selling solar films for cars, eg. V-Kool, should have them.

Mars
23-06-2005, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by nE0@Apr 4 2005, 06:10 PM
You sure?

Yeah i am sure a &#036;100 open face can protect as good as my ram 2 maybe not the ram 3( FF). Yeah i know a visor can cos &#036;150 but is it better 15X...or even twice as good? alot of the money is going into brand&#33;, weight...

LaVsy
26-08-2005, 04:36 AM
how about pillion helmet with tinted and is reflective?

is it approved to be use by pillion?

Nightstalker
29-08-2005, 09:20 PM
im wearin ogk ff4 and today got a tp told me tat the visor not approved. he told me i shd get sunglasses. na beh. i wanted to ask him &#39;u give me money to buy izzit?&#39;. im wearin glasses. if need to buy sunglasses must get prescriptive lens. not cheap sia. but the tint is due to the mercury film leh. so if i suay suay kanna remove the film can oredi izzit?

if bikers cant have slightly tinted visors, then how come cars can have their windows tinted? isnt it kindda biased? CRAP&#33;&#33;

sashie
30-08-2005, 05:04 PM
If I am not mistaken, Singapore cars can have their back seat windows tinted, but they must also be able to allow 70% light. For the front side, they aren&#39;t allowed to have tinted windows, and the protective film (that pasted thing, I don&#39;t know what&#39;s the actual name for it) that you paste on the top of your windscreen or the dront door windows, can&#39;t exceed 9". Lovely Singapore, ain&#39;t it ...

nE0
30-08-2005, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Mars@Jun 23 2005, 07:55 PM
Yeah i am sure a &#036;100 open face can protect as good as my ram 2 maybe not the ram 3( FF). Yeah i know a visor can cos &#036;150 but is it better 15X...or even twice as good? alot of the money is going into brand&#33;, weight...
I don&#39;t know how much better a &#036;100 visor is compared to a &#036;10 LAB one, but I sure wouldn&#39;t want that piece of plastic 3cm from my eyes to shatter into razor sharp jagged pieces. :giddy:

Cybourg
03-09-2005, 09:12 PM
Do they issue the S&#036;50 summon on the spot or they just take down your details on a piece of paper and than send the summon to your home?

I just got my first S&#036;50 "lottery" today but was dumbstruck I was not given summon on the spot. This is the first time I have been stop by and Traffic police and penalize.

deanz4
16-10-2005, 06:05 AM
i oso got one time the TP stop me for black visor,....

but i would say i lucky .. the tp ask me either i break my tinted visor or summon??

i quickly say break.... hehehe i just go back wth lots of dust in the eye..

arsonist
20-11-2005, 10:23 AM
anyone kana saman for having pillion whouse tinted visor before>?
dats what i like to know.

GreeKo
20-11-2005, 12:06 PM
Wat abt those like OGK strip off shields? Does tat constitute it into a visor when used? To me using it wud be similar to like wearing sunglasses though easier to take off with juz a flip of da visor when riding into dark area like carpark n flip dwn when its bright agn. Though to take it off completely wuld b to stop da bike n remove helmet and strip it out but much convenient than to take off sunglass when riding into dark areas, i mean have any one tried to take off and put on sunglass while riding, im sure u knw its quite a stunt to execute it?

sTaRdUsT_11
21-11-2005, 08:06 AM
i was waitin fer e lights to turn green when a tp stop nxt to me n enquire bout my tinted visor..
i gave him e blur look.. he jus pointed at my p plate n ask me to go chgn to a clear one..
heng sia.. haha..
:sweat:

Crazy
23-11-2005, 11:55 PM
Is those OGK tinted film approve?

GreeKo
24-11-2005, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by Crazy@Nov 24 2005, 12:07 AM
Is those OGK tinted film approve?
no idea

hybridz
17-12-2005, 10:13 PM
actually TP also see face one. If your dressing and bike like ah beng...surely will be kuai lan. I was stopped by a QX police petrol car(written amk south) in amk and summon me for reckless driving. like that also can. But if an old ah-pek riding RXK with 100% tinted visor, will tp stop and booked him?

If TP and those on petrol police dun report things back, this shows they never do work. Another reason also maybe once they have enough quota in hand...maybe can ROC (Relax one corner) till their duty over and report back.

I have seen police petrol car in car park top level parked there with windows open and policeman inside. Maybe parking at top level no people and they can concentrate on their work better??? :smile: :smile: :smile:

NightPhantom
25-12-2005, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by GreeKo@Nov 20 2005, 12:18 PM
Wat abt those like OGK strip off shields? Does tat constitute it into a visor when used? To me using it wud be similar to like wearing sunglasses though easier to take off with juz a flip of da visor when riding into dark area like carpark n flip dwn when its bright agn. Though to take it off completely wuld b to stop da bike n remove helmet and strip it out but much convenient than to take off sunglass when riding into dark areas, i mean have any one tried to take off and put on sunglass while riding, im sure u knw its quite a stunt to execute it?
can someone reply to this?

Aust
31-12-2005, 08:15 PM
strip or not strip it&#39;s considered tinted coz it&#39;s stuck to the visor right? Go by the law, save your &#036;50 for a very good meal anytime&#33; Thought strips would mostly be worn by racers on racing track due to oil patch that get stuck which will hinder their vision... why would you want to use strip on normal riding road? Worth to think it over, clear lens or &#036;50 to the government...

sabbaha
10-06-2006, 03:38 AM
Anyway, is pillion alowed to wear tinted visor which less than 70%? :help:

PaLmEr
10-06-2006, 08:48 AM
i wear glasses and use the CTE tunnels daily, especially going north in the early mornings where the sun goes in the face. That means i have to put on my sunglasses, take them off and change to clear lens, then stop BY THE SIDE OF THE CTE at the end of the tunnel to put on the sunglasses again? Ridiculous&#33;

Jeffaw
15-06-2006, 02:08 PM
Today i jus got summon by TP.. Nv give chance sia. Today den i realised that tinted visor is not allowed. :cry:

iliew
23-06-2006, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by GreeKo@Nov 20 2005, 12:18 PM
I was stopped once by a TP for this. I was using an OGK FF3 smoke tinted film at the time. He called in to check, said it CANNOT be used and let me off with a warning - no fine or summons.

PegScraper
04-07-2006, 06:34 PM
Hi,
Is it true that full face helmets do not require a PSB sticker to be used on Singapore roads? The helmet is question is a GPR, but even so, I am skeptical that the PSB sticker is not needed.

Could you please help me out?

Mengz_Zai
04-07-2006, 06:56 PM
A PSB sticker is always needed....

In case of (touch wood) accident, and u suffer head injury, the insurance will pay u only if u wear psb approve helmet

if no psb... uncle sam will give u fee ticket

fnee
05-07-2006, 03:17 AM
gpr FF no psb stickers? where did you see from? i think ah boy&#39;s gpr has sticker.

HJC FF doesn&#39;t have psb sticker.. and yet their helmets are pretty nice/good.. sad case. ):

desewer
05-07-2006, 07:22 AM
My AGV gp-pro also no sticker... but can you compare it to a &#036;40 zeuz or mhr? cannot rite? so with the sticker a &#036;40 helmet is safer than mine costing 10 times more???

The only reason there&#39;s no sticker is that PSB has not tested such helmets lor...

PegScraper
05-07-2006, 07:45 AM
I&#39;m getting confused... I saw on another thread here on the forum that it was *illegal* to market, purchase or have in possession any helmet that is not PSB certified; as well as all the good helmets on the market have no PSB sticker. I&#39;m just worried about insurance as well as TP meetings. What should I do? I would like a good helmet, but as everyone points out, good helmets are not PSB certified...

Raptor
05-07-2006, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by PegScraper@Jul 5 2006, 07:57 AM
I&#39;m getting confused... I saw on another thread here on the forum that it was *illegal* to market, purchase or have in possession any helmet that is not PSB certified; as well as all the good helmets on the market have no PSB sticker. I&#39;m just worried about insurance as well as TP meetings. What should I do? I would like a good helmet, but as everyone points out, good helmets are not PSB certified...
Dunno what &#39;stringent&#39; tests are carried out and met on the helmet before it &#39;deserves&#39; the right to have the PSB sticker affixed.

To me.. it seems to be like the COE. If the importers of those helmets are willing to pay enough... the helmets will be approved for use by our local blue boys and the insurance companies. Its not a question of standards here.

Since when did PSB standards are able to exceed the quality and safety requirements of more established bodies like DOT and the SNELL Foundation. Geez.

Sometimes, looking at the way we do things here... I wonder if we are a Third World nation. :nono:

Raptor
05-07-2006, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by desewer@Jul 5 2006, 07:34 AM
My AGV gp-pro also no sticker... but can you compare it to a &#036;40 zeuz or mhr? cannot rite? so with the sticker a &#036;40 helmet is safer than mine costing 10 times more???

The only reason there&#39;s no sticker is that PSB has not tested such helmets lor...
So it all boils down to how much you value your head. &#036;40 head, wear &#036;40 helmet.

PSB approved so that insurance company will compensate you when your head is crushed coz it was a cheap helmet.

So what if the insurance pay out... you won&#39;t be around to enjoy the money.

I&#39;d rather put on a helmet made of expensive proven materials that can protect me and not becoz it met our PSB so called standards.

desewer
06-07-2006, 06:37 AM
Agreed.

Cristiano83
06-07-2006, 08:22 PM
But if u kena a road block, will the TP issue u with a summon because u aint wearing a PSB approved helmet? Those instructors when i was learning bike told me that TP will catch u if u ain&#39;t wearing one...

Raptor
06-07-2006, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by Cristiano83@Jul 6 2006, 08:34 PM
But if u kena a road block, will the TP issue u with a summon because u aint wearing a PSB approved helmet? Those instructors when i was learning bike told me that TP will catch u if u ain&#39;t wearing one...
Its just up to the way you look at it.

Many years ago, before the full faced helmets were allowed, I wore a full face when I rode. I got stopped and was fined &#036;30 for "Wearing helmet of not approved type". I could have been wearing an army helmet and got the same fine.

For &#036;30 fine, I was willing to take the risk and carried on wearing the helmet. Yes, like I told the TP, I know it is against the law. It is also against the law to kill someone. But not when I do it in self defense. I wore the full face to protect myself.

I ain&#39;t going to wait for you to stick that knife in me before I start defending myself, its too late. As much I ain&#39;t going to wear a cheap PSB approved helmet which offers me lesser protection than a SNELL Foundation or DOT approved helmet.

There are alot of people riding around with illegal exhausts which carry a &#036;500 fine wearing &#036;40 PSB approved helmets that ain&#39;t worth a crap in an accident.
Simply because they fear being stopped and being fined for wearing a non-PSB approved helmet?? Where lah the priorities??

Pennywise and pound foolish?

aLv
07-07-2006, 01:48 AM
i totally agreed.. risk of being fine &#036;30 or live to ride another day.. wats your choice? :)

MC28
07-07-2006, 02:19 AM
I prefer using my Shoei without a Spring approve sticker..

Isnt PSB known as Spring now anyway???

PegScraper
07-07-2006, 09:50 AM
Just an update...

Was in Looi&#39;s Motors, Kaki Bukit Place...

You can have your cake and eat it too : Shoei&#39;s @ 800 SGD, PSB Certified sticker too&#33;

sheep
07-07-2006, 12:53 PM
I feel that they usually do not penalise u if u are wearing a full face helmet with no psb sticker. i kenna road blocks before and they let me go without mentioning abt the missing psb sticker. I am sure it makes absolute sense to them that it is safer to be in a full face than wearing a halfcap or a psb approved &#036;25 helmet.

MC28
07-07-2006, 01:22 PM
PSB is just another local conspiracy built up to leech monies from our law abiding Singa-Pore-Lang... :lol:

Demon
07-07-2006, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by MC28@Jul 7 2006, 02:31 AM

Isnt PSB known as Spring now anyway???
Spring Singapore is a regulatory body under the Ministry of Trade & Industry. Being a statutory board, it cannot be profit driven ie charge a fee for their service. So how ? Carved out the commercial function, ie. conducting of courses, testings..etc and put them under a separate business entity, called PSB Corporation. With that in place, PSB can legitimately charge a fee for their service. An earlier example will be CISCO.

:bounce:

ronald814
21-07-2006, 06:00 PM
I remember abt 3 years ago, there was something in the forum regarding the wearing of dark visor in Singapore, the TP said they are reviewing. Anyone knows whether any outcome?

Aalex82
21-07-2006, 06:12 PM
the outcome was out for sometime le..
i think abt 1 yr ago..
the tinted cannot be more than 30%
:smile:

karmatrix
21-07-2006, 06:13 PM
tinted visor is legal, but up to 30% only, anything more than that and it&#39;s a &#036;50 dollars fine :goodluck:

ronald814
21-07-2006, 06:17 PM
Really unfair to penalise us bikers when there are no robberies for so long by a person wearing a dark visor. 30% is not enough to block the noon sun rays. Don&#39;t know where to write in to complain. Any1 knows?

kOpi_jaC
22-07-2006, 05:43 AM
Originally posted by ronald814@Jul 21 2006, 06:29 PM
Really unfair to penalise us bikers when there are no robberies for so long by a person wearing a dark visor. 30% is not enough to block the noon sun rays. Don&#39;t know where to write in to complain. Any1 knows?
tp dept? :confused:

Guan_Xi
22-07-2006, 07:11 AM
dont waste time complaining.

Powieee
22-07-2006, 01:31 PM
i think they&#39;ll just tell you that it&#39;s dangerous to have to tint more as your visiblity goes lower , etc etc .

168km/h
22-07-2006, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Powieee@Jul 22 2006, 01:43 PM
i think they&#39;ll just tell you that it&#39;s dangerous to have to tint more as your visiblity goes lower , etc etc .
tinted visor is dangerous ???? i dun think so cos i seen many *ppl riding wif clear visor but they are wearing the darkest shades .

*( the devils in white )

archenemy
22-07-2006, 05:46 PM
no point lah....

ronald814
22-07-2006, 06:53 PM
Sianzzz... especially for bikers like me who are wearing spectacles. When you are wearing specs difficult to wear sunglasses in a full face helmet when we travel in the afternoon. When I wear sunglasses with my full face helmet on, nobody can see my facial stuff also what so I really don&#39;t understand the TP&#39;s rational. :confused:

archenemy
22-07-2006, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by ronald814@Jul 22 2006, 07:05 PM
Sianzzz... especially for bikers like me who are wearing spectacles. When you are wearing specs difficult to wear sunglasses in a full face helmet when we travel in the afternoon. When I wear sunglasses with my full face helmet on, nobody can see my facial stuff also what so I really don&#39;t understand the TP&#39;s rational. :confused:
no one understands their rationale as well

gssiong
23-07-2006, 05:10 PM
the 30% tinted visor is permitted to use during both day and night time.

gssiong
23-07-2006, 05:20 PM
maybe you can find out more here
http://www.singaporebikes.com/forum/index....showtopic=66289 (http://www.singaporebikes.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=66289)

ronald814
25-07-2006, 03:51 PM
Ok thanks, I think this log can closed already then. Thanks for all the replies. :cheeky:

Constructicon
29-07-2006, 01:06 AM
If u wearing dark visor when u go out in the afternoon, night time go home how to see man...

And riding halfway, starts to rain heavily. With normal visors, u can&#39;t even see too far, let alone dark visors.

I think sunglasses are still the best choice lah. Want o use, juz put on. If not, juz keep in pocket.

For speckys like me, u can trying buy specs that comes with clip-on or magnetic shades. I used that. So far, so good.

sjlskl
02-08-2006, 02:00 AM
Dunno if this is the appropriate place to place this thread, if not, please direct me to the right place and I will it there.

I am currently a learner rider and have bought a new helmet. Seeing so many stickers at the back, I got irritated and remove them all, including that PSB. There is when the problem started. The instructor have banned me from using that helmet in the circuit as it is without the certification. Since it is very new (less than 2 mths), I find it very wasted to chuck it aside and get a new one.

What I like to know is this. Is there any way that I can get the sticker back? Is so, where and what is the cost?

tks

archenemy
02-08-2006, 02:49 AM
:goodluck: my friend...

that sticker is all important...

and if i can buy it...i can buy any non PSB-approved helmet and just stick on the sticker...isnt it?

that will only make PSB approved helmets useless. some are useless anyway. there are much better ones, just that they are not sent for inspection.

so its either you get another helmet or use the helmets at the driving centre...

keep your current one for your pillion next time..or as a spare yourself. when you ride on the roads..they are not so strict already...

but anyway...i read somewhere that some shop around jalan besar sells the sticker...dont know how true is it...

kahhwee
02-08-2006, 09:05 AM
I would suggest u keep the helmet for bya next time pillion use. Now get another helmet and go and learn how to ride. Outside not to strict one. :smile:

ellamcoy
05-08-2006, 05:54 PM
Good advice Kahhwee :thumb:

gen8x
06-08-2006, 05:45 PM
my idea is to put in two small drivers (speaker) inside the helmet.

i took out the cushion and make a hole in the base foam layer and fit them there.

i know it&#39;s illegal but will kena check or not? in my entired year of riding, i havnt got checked on the helmet once.

how bout u?

archenemy
06-08-2006, 06:03 PM
man...modifying a helmet is not about getting caught..its about your own safety&#33;

didnt you read the instruction manual for your helmet? no modifications to be done&#33;

kish_garfield
06-08-2006, 06:30 PM
next time u mod put on helmet then can help do rally&#33;&#33;&#33;

phatmonsta
13-08-2006, 04:18 PM
so is there really any shop to get the psb sticker..?? i oso itchy hand go peel off that sticker frm my mgp helmet... u think tp will believe if say the sticker drop off :giddy:

binkaz
10-09-2006, 02:54 AM
If got sticker then airbrush over the sticker can anot?

danielburgess
12-09-2006, 03:22 PM
I wander what will happen if you go JB and airbrush the whole helmet in the silver/blue PSB sticker design. Stop by TP, "is your helmet approved?" You can proudly reply, "Are you BLIND&#33;"

Cheers

izinc
14-09-2006, 09:22 AM
hahaha.....nice one

kurarensu
17-09-2006, 04:54 PM
cars up to 30% tinted only mehz for passenger window? i saw 1 car bmw 7series the car almost fully tinted cant even see the inside when u&#39;re close.. i bet it&#39;s at least 60% tinted..

30% tinted is as good as not tinted at all rite? haha... if u wear a clear visor, and a super dark sunglass isin&#39;t it = wearing a tinted visor? no difference it makes.. duno y those TP ppl r dumbass x=

hairisg76
28-09-2006, 09:15 PM
one day after my night shift duty, i happen to be stopped at a TP road block along Yio Chu Kang Road at 11 am...

bloody bright sunny day , i was wearing my pillion open faced helmet with pitch black visor. i also have with me my full faced visor with clear visor.

The officer told me that it was an offence to wear the tinted visor and i should be wearing my full face clar visor helmet with sunglasses instaed.

i argued with him for a good ten minutes till he give up and told me to go...hehehe
i was asking him to explain what in the world in the difference and he could not give me an aswer beside the law states so...

further more i told him i had just finished night shift and was feeling tired...the sun will make mesleepy and it would be dangerous...

i think he fed up cos i argue too much that he decide to just let me ride off and quit bothering him...lol:sweat:

kurarensu
03-10-2006, 01:58 PM
i saw some webbie they got sell this visor tat can switch betwn tinted n clear.. another one is like transitition spec(wonder if u all noe) under strong sunlight it will turn dark, and when nrml light it&#39;s clear.. i forget where i saw it.. paiseh :sweat: .. but i remb pretty ex

compfused
04-10-2006, 09:13 PM
30% still can pass..But no difference if the sun is scorching hot and very bright..Recently a friend of mine kena fined coz his tinted visor was 34%..What the hell..Just 4% more..:sweat:

nE0
04-10-2006, 09:30 PM
Tinted visors are actually safer in some situations, because when you need to, you can just flip them up and restore proper, untinted vision.

Just try riding down a slope into an underground carpark;

Braking, downshifting, half-clutch, slowing for a hump. Now try to take off your sunglass.

desewer
19-11-2006, 05:54 PM
Anyway, about the sticker issues...

In the case of an accident, whether or not your head is injured, how is the insurance company going to know what helmet you are wearing?

If a friend is accompanying you, just get him to keep the helmet for you. If you are concussed, chances are the helmet will only be removed at the hospital (after they survey the damage to your head whaahahah)

c0rny
11-12-2006, 02:56 AM
juz a question... i bought a gpr helmet, with the psb sticker. however, i sprayed the helmet. so now the psb sticker is under the paint coat. cant be seen unless i scrape off the paint. will uncle sam issue summon den ask me to scrape off the paint or is it ok to do that ?

Puffer
11-12-2006, 10:37 PM
Wonder is there a hotline or such to call up and ask.

Good questions but who to approach for the correct answer?
Anyone ever got summon before for not having a certified helmet?

skiddie_67
04-01-2007, 09:22 PM
I don&#39;t really grasp their point. No tinted visor beyond certain % of light. But then can wear clear visor with a very dark lens... where&#39;s the sensibility in that? Someone up there need to do some looking-into..

Puffer
14-01-2007, 02:07 PM
This is madness &#33;

Called TP regarding the PSB stickers.

Me : Hello, i&#39;m calling in regards of the PSB approved helmet.
TP3 : Hold on.

TP2 : Hello &#33;
Me : Hello&#33; i&#39;m calling in regards of the PSB approved helmet.
TP2 : Where you calling from?
Me : I&#39;m just a rider&#33;
TP2 : Hold on.

TP1 : Hello &#33;
TP1 : Oh &#33; Hond on&#33;

TP : Hello.
TP : ya &#33; wat&#39;s ur question?
Me : Is it illegal to wear a helmet w/o the sticker.
TP : Yes &#33;
Me : Where should i get the sticker if i send my helmet for respray?
TP : Erm......... This you have to ask LTA, they are in charge.
Me : So am i right to say tat TP still has the right to summon riders for not wearing a PSB approved helmet when it is not under the TP&#39;s charge?
TP : Yes, but have you heard of anyone caught by the TP on this?
Me : No. And i don wanna be the first.
TP : tat&#39;s right, we don usually tis.
Me : And i don wanna get caught for wearing a PSB approved helmet tat has no sticker on it cause of respray. I&#39;m jus tryin to make things clear.
TP : I give u LTA number, call them and ask ok?
Me : ok. tks.
TP : 0000-0000
Me : Tks &#33;

Another madness &#33;

LTA : Hello LTA.
Me : Hello. i&#39;m calling in regards of the PSB approved helmet.
LTA : yes, wat abt it?
Me : I&#39;m usin a PSB approved helmet. Where should i get the sticker if i send my helmet for respray?
LTA : Why you want to respray?
Me : Oh &#33; Tis is because my skin are gettin darker, so i was thinkin wanna spray my helmet color to suits my skin color.
LTA : Hahaha &#33;
Me : So where do i get the sticker after the respray?
LTA : Let me check.

approx 2 mins later

LTA : The helmet is not under us, it&#39;s under TP.
Me : Oh &#33; I jus called them, they say it&#39;s under LTA and now u r tellin me it under them. So am i right to say tat both TP and LTA can summon riders for not wearing a PSB approved helmet when it&#39;s not under your perview?
LTA : I think u go ask PSB.
Me : ok Tks a lot for ur time.

Damn &#33;&#33;&#33;
KNS &#33;&#33;&#33;

To be continue...........................................
Still can&#39;t find PSB&#39;s number &#33;

swoosh
14-01-2007, 03:25 PM
Bro, try this site http://www.standards.org.sg/

or call them

Address : SPRING Singapore
Standardisation Department
2 Bukit Merah Central
Singapore 159835
Telephone : (65) 62791805
Fax : (65) 62786990
Email : stn@spring.gov.sg

Quality Service Feedback
Tel: (65) 6278 3788
Fax: (65) 6278 6667
Email: qualityserv@spring.gov.sg

For certification/accreditation enquiries -

For consumer product safety enquiries -
Email: enquiry@safety.org.sg

:goodluck:

Tricker
14-01-2007, 03:43 PM
Heard from a helmet shop they claim that in order to send for PSB approval, they need to send a few helmets they intend to sell for testing.

archenemy
14-01-2007, 08:21 PM
yup...they have to send a few helmets per model for inspection if they want to attain the PSB certification...

this is to ensure that the test results are consistently lousy across the samples...

haaha...

anyway...seriously..i havent heard of anyone being stopped for wearing a non approved full face...half caps...yes...

WildCard
15-01-2007, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by Puffer@January 14, 2007 02:07 pm
This is madness &#33;

Me : Hello, i&#39;m calling in regards of the PSB approved helmet.

TP2 : Hello &#33;
Me : I&#39;m just a rider&#33;

TP1 : Hello &#33;
TP1 : Oh &#33; Hond on&#33;

TP : ya &#33; wat&#39;s ur question?
TP : Yes &#33;
Me : So am i right to say tat TP still has the right to summon riders for not wearing a PSB approved helmet when it is not under the TP&#39;s charge?
TP : tat&#39;s right, we don usually tis.
Me : And i don wanna get caught for wearing a PSB approved helmet tat has no sticker on it cause of respray. I&#39;m jus tryin to make things clear.
Me : Tks &#33;

Another madness &#33;

Me : Hello. i&#39;m calling in regards of the PSB approved helmet.
Me : I&#39;m usin a PSB approved helmet. Where should i get the sticker if i send my helmet for respray?
Me : Oh &#33; Tis is because my skin are gettin darker, so i was thinkin wanna spray my helmet color to suits my skin color.
LTA : Hahaha &#33;

approx 2 mins later

LTA : The helmet is not under us, it&#39;s under TP.
Me : Oh &#33; I jus called them, they say it&#39;s under LTA and now u r tellin me it under them. So am i right to say tat both TP and LTA can summon riders for not wearing a PSB approved helmet when it&#39;s not under your perview?

Damn &#33;&#33;&#33;
KNS &#33;&#33;&#33;

Still can&#39;t find PSB&#39;s number &#33;
PSB?
Aiyah&#33; Never tell me. I working in the building right now.

Hmm.. see what I can do about asking for you...

Friday13
15-01-2007, 03:38 PM
Actually, no point arguing over the visor issue. I kena once with a light smoke visor. He let me go with a warning. Why he stop me? Becos I ride G6K5 at that time and he is interested in my bike. A couple of malay riders riding RXK with very black visors he also never stop.

He tested my visor 2 times before he give me the booking... I think first time pass and 2nd time he change to a different setting. Then he chat with me and ask me why my tyres so hairy...Got go track issit? WTF...

So morale of the story, if uncle sammie wants your ass, he&#39;s got it&#33; :faint: Singapore is a &#39;Fine&#39; country&#33; :giddy:

Puffer
17-01-2007, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by WildCard@January 15, 2007 08:39 am
PSB?
Aiyah&#33; Never tell me. I working in the building right now.

Hmm.. see what I can do about asking for you...
Tks in advance &#33;

Bro Wildcard &#33;

U running around like mad guy &#33;

So many office i also donno which one u in &#33;

Haha &#33;

c0rny
29-01-2007, 11:28 PM
got stopped by tp for no mirror, no p plate and tinted visor.. but only charge me with tinted visor. so i asked him abt the helmet. he say, normally most helmets in singapore are approved. they will not usually stop to check the helmet but they will stop to check the visor more..

Peetur
17-02-2007, 11:57 PM
I bought an Arai RX-7 with PSB sticker last week for 780 dollars. Shop on Serangoon Road close to Lavender Street.

That said, it&#39;s a ridiculous rule. There&#39;s such nice helmets out there, and because of totally useless bureaucracy you can&#39;t buy them.

luminox
25-02-2007, 04:14 PM
Once and for all, don&#39;t need PSB sticker for your helmet.

if u are TP/ROV/LTA, u summon rider for no psb sticker,u go back station tell your colleagues, everybody laugh at you ar.

PSB sticker helmet under high impact also will crack ,i seen with my own eyes before.Insurance claim as long as you are wearing helmet can already, if not then say helmet fly into the bushes,or kena stolen/destroyed/cannot find.

Just put on a decent helmet,have PSB or not really doesnt matter.

jB
18-03-2007, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by nE0@October 04, 2006 09:30 pm
Tinted visors are actually safer in some situations, because when you need to, you can just flip them up and restore proper, untinted vision.

Braking, downshifting, half-clutch, slowing for a hump. Now try to take off your sunglass.
hmm lets say yr visor is tinted then you ride without using them(open up the visor), you still will kena fine right?

ZzGaNgStErzZ
24-03-2007, 03:24 AM
Originally posted by jB@March 18, 2007 06:46 pm
hmm lets say yr visor is tinted then you ride without using them(open up the visor), you still will kena fine right?
yup.

jB
27-03-2007, 09:56 AM
eeeks&#33;&#33; haha ok then what about visor tinted from the top dark then to the bottom it less tint liao(like cars dark from the top the lighter color below)..is that fine? or will that be fined? anyone here tried? any experience? :cheeky:

Pplater
27-03-2007, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by nE0@October 04, 2006 09:30 pm

Ya LA&#33;&#33;&#33; KNS. I wasw holding the shades with left hand and right hand hold throttle and brake :smile:

cheowseng
02-04-2007, 12:42 PM
jus wondering does any one of u guys out there got book twice for visor?
my 1st time was by a TP subaru...but he gave me warning slip
2nd time was a TP bike...he summon me
the letter came to my house askin me to pay &#036;50...paid
but....

another letter came asking me to pay &#036;50 again but with 6points deducted?
why is it so?
i tot visor will not affect points?

KeraKing
15-04-2007, 07:57 AM
as if the sticker is damage proof.
like if in accident where many so many things can break.
wat the sticker canot break is it. if break den canot claim insurance aredi.

Powieee
20-04-2007, 05:06 AM
then where can ppl get 30% or less visors from ?

Darkness19
25-04-2007, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by cheowseng@April 02, 2007 12:42 pm
jus wondering does any one of u guys out there got book twice for visor?
my 1st time was by a TP subaru...but he gave me warning slip
2nd time was a TP bike...he summon me
the letter came to my house askin me to pay &#036;50...paid
but....

another letter came asking me to pay &#036;50 again but with 6points deducted?
why is it so?
i tot visor will not affect points?
tinted visor fine is 50bucks,no points will be deducted even it is a repented offence

hoie
01-06-2007, 10:01 AM
erm.. i've got a question to ask!
can i import helmet from other country that is DOT approved?

desewer
05-06-2007, 01:40 PM
erm.. i've got a question to ask!
can i import helmet from other country that is DOT approved?
I think you can. I believe there isn't any law prohibiting you from importing helmets into Singapore. Now, whether or not you choose to wear them while riding, that's another question altogether.

You can import a glass helmet also if you want to, but if you are mad enough to wear a GLASS helmet while riding, well...

As what has been said earlier, you can wear an army helmet for riding also, same fine hahaha

hoie
05-06-2007, 03:26 PM
so that mean if i import the helmet n i wear it i might get fine?
is tat it? =\

contrarian
05-06-2007, 08:12 PM
Road Traffic Act
Drivers and pillion riders of motor cycles to wear protective helmets
74. —(1) Every person who drives or is carried on a motor cycle shall wear securely on his head a protective helmet of a type approved by the Minister.
(2) No person shall import, sell or offer for sale or have in his possession for sale any protective helmet which is not of a type approved by the Minister.
(3) Any person who contravenes subsection (1) shall be guilty of an offence and shall be liable on conviction to a fine not exceeding $200.
(4) Any person who contravenes subsection (2) shall be guilty of an offence and shall be liable on conviction to a fine not exceeding $500 or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 3 months and, in the case of a second or subsequent conviction, to a fine not exceeding $1,000 or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 6 months or to both.

desewer
06-06-2007, 07:26 AM
Road Traffic Act
(2) No person shall import, sell or offer for sale or have in his possession for sale any protective helmet which is not of a type approved by the Minister.

Oh well...

5tr4ng3r
17-06-2007, 01:50 AM
Once and for all, don't need PSB sticker for your helmet.

if u are TP/ROV/LTA, u summon rider for no psb sticker,u go back station tell your colleagues, everybody laugh at you ar.

PSB sticker helmet under high impact also will crack ,i seen with my own eyes before.Insurance claim as long as you are wearing helmet can already, if not then say helmet fly into the bushes,or kena stolen/destroyed/cannot find.

Just put on a decent helmet,have PSB or not really doesnt matter.

I think these are baseless conclusions. We all know whether PSB matters or not. Now the issue is WHY things work this way. We should be thinking of a way to get reasonable explanations from the authorities (hmmm is it LTA, TP or PSB?)

Maybe we should go ask the MPs and see whether they can get some answers for us lol. Anybody wanna try out? :cheeky:

undead
19-06-2007, 05:31 PM
I think these are baseless conclusions. We all know whether PSB matters or not. Now the issue is WHY things work this way. We should be thinking of a way to get reasonable explanations from the authorities (hmmm is it LTA, TP or PSB?)

Maybe we should go ask the MPs and see whether they can get some answers for us lol. Anybody wanna try out? :cheeky:

But laws/regulations are not written to suit everyone from Day1 and they are meant to be enhanced over time.

Better stick with the current regulations and though I agree with your belief that many helmets which do not have the sticker are also very safe, we should still not break this intentionally as this is in place to safe-guard those who are new to this environment.

Probably someone could start a petition to allow all approved helmets to be allowed (i.e. DOT, SNELL, PSB) and once this is adopted, it will then be a WIN/WIN situation for everyone.:cheeky:

Going Postal
22-06-2007, 12:55 AM
This is madness !

Me : Hello, i'm calling in regards of the PSB approved helmet.

TP2 : Hello !
Me : Hello! i'm calling in regards of the PSB approved helmet.
Me : I'm just a rider!

TP1 : Hello !
TP1 : Oh ! Hond on!

TP : ya ! wat's ur question?
TP : Yes !
Me : So am i right to say tat TP still has the right to summon riders for not wearing a PSB approved helmet when it is not under the TP's charge?
TP : tat's right, we don usually tis.
Me : And i don wanna get caught for wearing a PSB approved helmet tat has no sticker on it cause of respray. I'm jus tryin to make things clear.
Me : Tks !

Another madness !

Me : Hello. i'm calling in regards of the PSB approved helmet.
Me : I'm usin a PSB approved helmet. Where should i get the sticker if i send my helmet for respray?
Me : Oh ! Tis is because my skin are gettin darker, so i was thinkin wanna spray my helmet color to suits my skin color.
LTA : Hahaha !

approx 2 mins later

LTA : The helmet is not under us, it's under TP.
Me : Oh ! I jus called them, they say it's under LTA and now u r tellin me it under them. So am i right to say tat both TP and LTA can summon riders for not wearing a PSB approved helmet when it's not under your perview?

Damn !!!
KNS !!!

Still can't find PSB's number !

There is a scene in Jack Neo's movie 'Just Follow Law' where there was a similar scenario, all trying to siam haha, thanks for trying to call them anyways :cheeky:

mi5trooper
04-07-2007, 02:38 PM
so, is there is half cap or semi half cap helmet in the market that is approve?

frogman
13-07-2007, 07:53 PM
how about windscreens?any1 knows if the same rule as visors apply?

5tr4ng3r
16-07-2007, 02:00 AM
so, is there is half cap or semi half cap helmet in the market that is approve?
Even if it's approved i wouldn't want to wear that. So EXPOSED!!!

@h_püi™
06-08-2007, 11:04 PM
Half Cap helmet with PSB approved can it be use on the road? will kana tp or ROV disturb?

Man V.1
07-08-2007, 12:09 AM
if got PSB approved that means can use legally. don't tink they will disturb wan. i see many ppl riding also some more no PSB sticker.

5tr4ng3r
08-08-2007, 10:37 PM
Don't wear half cap lah bro, must be prepared for the worst...

x_quizit08
09-08-2007, 09:16 AM
Hi everybody..
need to ask this issue abt the visibility of visor...
Just yesterday i was stopped by a TP regarding my visor..To my understanding, you can use any helmet with visor of at least 70% light transmittance at any time. However, after addressing with this issue on the spot with the TP, he only told me that there is no such laws and that if there are any, the TPs would have used it. He did not even conduct any test using the tint meter. Nothing. He insisted on giving me the summon and that if I want to I can appeal.

To me it does not justify the fact that no test was conducted yet I was given a summon for possessing a legal helmet with a tinted visor that complies with the rules.

As I am very sure that my visor is lightly tinted with 70% if not more light transmittance, I'm just wondering how to solve this when i appeal?
Is it possible to go down to TP HQ and test my visor at the same time appeal for this unjustifiable issue of summon?

Need your advice on what should be done next.
Thanx guys!

ping86
14-08-2007, 12:38 PM
hmm if got sticker, but the sticker wordings fate away already how? isit still legally?

Jengo
21-08-2007, 10:37 PM
from wat i know, presently there is no such thing as slightly tinted visors or 30% tinted being legal for use.

but wat i'd like to know is, will there be an imposed fine for any pillion wit tinted visors on? n i wud like to know if the source is reliable or not. tanx!!

Jengo
21-08-2007, 10:39 PM
anyone wif ans regarding my enquiry?

ghost04
21-08-2007, 10:44 PM
pillion high chance they wont fine. they aim mainly at riders. a TP officer told me one. i got fined twice in a week. 1 road block n along the highway. tat was ard 2 years ago. n L*B say their smoke visor approve one!!

Jengo
21-08-2007, 10:49 PM
but i got buy one full black visor at LAB n dat time i ask d abang which percentage of tinted visors are approved n he says NONE.

so up to date.. LAB says all tinted visors r not legally approved.

ghost04
21-08-2007, 11:05 PM
nvm since it happened 2 years ago now policy change i also wont know.

ghost04
21-08-2007, 11:06 PM
just be safe!!!

Pplater
22-08-2007, 12:38 AM
Ahaha... yesterday I in middle of 3 lane road along Bradell. Evening peak hour, saw TP ROV overtake me on the right, siao liao... tinted visor, but i was sandwhich between a huge MPV infront an a salon car behind, just merged into major road. He no chance to come in behind me. Suddenly see he signal left in front of the MPV, o o... might be coming for me liao, then he went to left lane. I see left lane clear, i faster take the chance change lane left safely and turn into Toa Payoh. He stop after the filter left lane into Toa Payoh, no chance to stop me as he overshoot the exit liao. He dismounted the bike, i think he was looking at my direction. Lol... Heng ah... Lesson learnt, must observe road traffic and anticipate ROV movements. Lol... Later I u turn was opposite side of Bradell, he pull over those cement trucks and check this check that at the saem spot liao. Hehe...

CoStar
22-08-2007, 12:56 AM
pillion high chance they wont fine. they aim mainly at riders. a TP officer told me one. i got fined twice in a week. 1 road block n along the highway. tat was ard 2 years ago. n L*B say their smoke visor approve one!!

not exactly, my friend kena coz his gf pillion was wearing a black, u know those kind where riders wear normal and the gf wear black like want to hide the face.haha. but ya..kena FINE.

CoStar
22-08-2007, 12:59 AM
As I am very sure that my visor is lightly tinted with 70% if not more light transmittance, I'm just wondering how to solve this when i appeal?
Is it possible to go down to TP HQ and test my visor at the same time appeal for this unjustifiable issue of summon?

appealing for this offence is useless. i suspect they already set their tint meters to work against us. my visor last time was sure light as it was the lightest among the shop and it only showed 40% disability on the tp's meter and that caught me dumbfounded. and also gave me $50 receipt for them to claim. so lets just stick to clear ones and use sunglasses.

Jengo
22-08-2007, 08:36 PM
not exactly, my friend kena coz his gf pillion was wearing a black, u know those kind where riders wear normal and the gf wear black like want to hide the face.haha. but ya..kena FINE.

wah! comfem fine ah? is there any significant rule in d TP's book dat states dat pillion cant wear tinted visors?

CoStar
23-08-2007, 12:07 AM
not sure man but that was what i heard. that was his 2nd meet with tp on that day. 1st was because he corner so low and tp saw. kena nothing. then along the way another tp stop him..for pillion visor.

DaxThe3rd
29-08-2007, 04:42 PM
I guess it would be good if sum one's family members or frens is a TP or ROV would give us a advice. Tat way, we'll all kno TP's actual criteria. =)

Possible?

F|inG
30-08-2007, 02:39 PM
if i not wrong...both of them(rider+pillon)cant wear since it already say in the law,but still luck count,TP good=let u off,TP fcuk up=$50 gone
i not a TP but i got a good frz which is TP to me 10 yr till now since he caught me 3 time 10 yr back lol

Jengo
30-08-2007, 11:20 PM
if i not wrong...both of them(rider+pillon)cant wear since it already say in the law,but still luck count,TP good=let u off,TP fcuk up=$50 gone
i not a TP but i got a good frz which is TP to me 10 yr till now since he caught me 3 time 10 yr back lol

wah serious bo? pillion cannot wear even the slightest tinted visor izit?

F|inG
31-08-2007, 01:44 AM
pillon can bah if TP close one eyes bah:)
but as far as i concern,it cant lah but dont get caught heehee:)
anyway FYI....i wearing tinted....cause i g_a_y

WarGoat88
08-10-2007, 09:48 AM
i am wearing a half cap german helmet for 8mths now, ROV stop beside me or TP roadblocks so far nothing happen. I think just luck ah!

gentoro
09-10-2007, 10:58 AM
The law is a law. Without Sticker or tinted visor, TP and ROV are authorised to issue summon. It entirely dependable whether they wanna catch you or not. What loop hole? Pillion helmet with or without sticker or with or without tinted visor, also can be summon accordingly to law.

So far, i have NOT see ANY LEGAL tinted visor on the market. Maybe LTA will imposed bah with LTA approved sticker on the visor. Just like 3rd party LEGAL exhaust pipe. Of course, by that time, our tinted helmet will cost alot more with the LTA authorisation sticker bah. More ways for LTA to make money leh. But I think unlikely this will happened, reason is since the light transmittion device confrim to fail all tinted visor, there is no way that the tinting will be approved by LTA, its like slapping their own face.

As for the PSB sticker, $30 summon for rider and pillion also. Dependable whether they give face or not. They have the right to summon you. There is no way you can get LTA or TP to approve your helmet.

To do that, they will need to go thru impact and crash testing of YOUR HELMET! Yes, they passed your helmet after all testing but end up, muahahaha, barely smashed up helmet! Normal circumtances, PSB sticker is awarded after the entire batch of helmet (Sample of 2-10) passed the test. It will take a long time before its can be on sale in market.

Of course the suppliers will go thru undertable means to sell to local dealer at a cheaper price (without testing) than PSB approved helmet. More sales, more profit but who cares, with more production and high demand, the supplier earn more. But also says that local dealer will be fine for sales of unauthorised helmet but allowed for display. (Usual trick for dealers)

Wearing sunglass is legal cos TP and ROV are doing it. They ride under the sun and too much UV will hurt the eyes. So no law such as sunglass is passed YET. TP are using none tinted and PSB approved helmet, so we must follow the law, according to them lah.

In the olden day, FF and HC helmet are unauthorised without PSB sticker, only OF helmet allowed. Now, almost all model are available with PSB sticker except for some eg. monkey helmet... OFF helmet is the last pattern of helmet to get approved by PSB. Btw, LTA and TP are the law, no reasonable explanation needed to be given when you break the law.

Blackenese
18-10-2007, 09:16 AM

Most probably TP want to see the cha bo face thats why stop him lor.......If hide sure hiding something good.....my gf also wear tinted one leh.....sigh....now i think change to clear and ask her wear sunglass liao....

duckedee
07-11-2007, 12:35 AM
if let's say helmet without visor but i use goggles instead? legal? (:

Raptor
10-11-2007, 12:53 AM
I will pay the $30 summons then wear a cheap $40 helmet with a PSB sticker.
My head costs more than that.

Anyway, I have been wearing full face helmets that do not have PSB stickers for years and currently have 2 IXS full face which do not have the PSB sticker.

As long as the helmet is Snell Foundation and DOT approved I will wear it.

If got Snell, DOT and PSB sticker... I will wear. If got PSB sticker only... I will not wear.

The Snell and DOT endorsement is recognised worldwide as a benchmark standard for safety helmets.

PSB got world wide recognition meh??? Decide for yourselves.

vtec88
22-11-2007, 12:51 PM
Black visor just kena 50 bucks

;-(

vtec88
22-11-2007, 12:53 PM
i just kena tinted visor...50 bucks!!

just in time to pay for their year end BONUS

;-(

xjrredbull
22-11-2007, 12:54 PM
Most probably TP want to see the cha bo face thats why stop him lor.......If hide sure hiding something good.....my gf also wear tinted one leh.....sigh....now i think change to clear and ask her wear sunglass liao....
like that very chio...hahahahahah

i just kena tinted visor...50 bucks!!

just in time to pay for their year end BONUS

last october i aslo kenna, by expressway patrol car some more...:(
;-(

ferdows
10-12-2007, 12:55 AM
PSB is just another local conspiracy built up to leech monies from our law abiding Singa-Pore-Lang... :lol:

I agreed. Money has the power to buy anything. You'll see noisy approved pipes around and that is just because the company of that product are willing to invest because they believe in long term business. And when it comes to Traffic police, reasoning becomes craps when you use an aftermarket pipes. As comparison to cobra pipes and Screaming eagle pipes. Tell me and decide which product will catch by the police first.

As the arguement upon psb approved helmet too......Some pple want to look nice with helmet while disregarding safety. Well we have to respect each individual perception and overview. Some prioritize safety first while some do not becoz no matter what dis legal and illegal helmets make a different on how he or she look like on roads perhap...Those who wish to look old skool bikers will therefore prefer small size helmet with thin cushion. These are comon in America, Thailand, Europe and my other countries. Some dun mind looking like an astronaut riding a bike while some others mind.....

Just 2 cent worth of opinion and thought.....

Cool..:dot:

ferdows
11-12-2007, 09:10 PM
This is what going to happen to your head for wearing PSB sticker helmet.

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s19/katulistiwa/Soh4.jpg

ferdows
11-12-2007, 09:20 PM
This is my helmet. Been around in Singapore with it for couple of years!

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s19/katulistiwa/helmet.jpg

racingter
26-02-2008, 10:19 PM
30% of the visor tinted is fine....(means okie)

jackson_ngo
27-02-2008, 04:27 PM
are there clear visor which reflects UV lights?

acapz
23-03-2008, 07:49 PM
i juz being summon for my tinted visor juz now...damn it...
when i got money,dey dun wan to summon me...wrong timing..

juz now i ask the TP guy,he say pillion also shuld wear a clear helmet as the rider..except that they will close 1 eye if pillion is using tinted...
if u 'kena' TP dat is strict and hungry for promotion,den pillion will cnfirm kena too....

Stoned
01-04-2008, 06:10 PM
Hi, new rider here, I was just wondering if those helmets with the mini flip down dark visor are legal? Was looking at the nolan ones.

kager82
11-04-2008, 07:32 PM
Hi, new rider here, I was just wondering if those helmets with the mini flip down dark visor are legal? Was looking at the nolan ones.

Me thinks that one can consider legal ba... acts like sunglasses ma...

Own opinion... Kana saman dun come looking for me ar!:cheeky:

whitefang
09-05-2008, 12:53 AM
sorry bros, i know this is a bit off topic, but i recently got back to riding aft 2 years, and thinking of changing my clear visor (OGK plain black ff bought from ah boy for $200+ last time. sorry ah, not trying to show off, no offence, i only state cos i dunno the model, forgot liao..)

how much to change a new one? and from where? price range?

thanks for replying.. sorry for going off topic once again!

Jengo
14-05-2008, 08:53 AM
wad i really dun understand is dat isn't wearing shades or sunglasses d same as wearing tinted visors? i mean, ur eyes look thru the visors, n ur eyes also look thru d shades.

if they wanna argue abt visability, well i can bet dat some of d shades are 110% fully tinted. i'm refering to those totally black shades.

so wats d point? are'nt both of these applies the same function? looking thru a coloured field of vision?

sum more visors help to protect from particles hitting ur face.

if any TPs in d forum reading this. u might wanna consider voicing out to ur higher authorities.

coldblizzard
14-06-2008, 06:00 PM
hmm..regarding the psb sticker issues, so i assume, i cannot go overseas and buy helmets to come back and use? i'm in thailand now and i see pretty nice FF helms...but i'm not sure bring home will kena anything or not..

Kay-s
14-06-2008, 11:31 PM
wad i really dun understand is dat isn't wearing shades or sunglasses d same as wearing tinted visors? i mean, ur eyes look thru the visors, n ur eyes also look thru d shades.

if they wanna argue abt visability, well i can bet dat some of d shades are 110% fully tinted. i'm refering to those totally black shades.

so wats d point? are'nt both of these applies the same function? looking thru a coloured field of vision?

if any TPs in d forum reading this. u might wanna consider voicing out to ur higher authorities.

from what I believe, the police don't allow fully tinted visors is because they want to see your face, just in case you are a suspicious looking person (not accusing anyone, just stating an example)
by wearing a sunglasses, they can at least see some features of your face, your nose for example if you are wearing a full face. and not all sunglasses hide your eyes from view, some are just tinted lenses and people still can see your eyes.

hmm..regarding the psb sticker issues, so i assume, i cannot go overseas and buy helmets to come back and use? i'm in thailand now and i see pretty nice FF helms...but i'm not sure bring home will kena anything or not..

just to let you know, if TP caught you using a helmet with no PSB sticker, they CAN fine you.
but if you are wearing a full face, and probably some well-known brand, some TP will close one eye. because they understand that your helmet is a good one.

read the following qoute:

I will pay the $30 summons then wear a cheap $40 helmet with a PSB sticker.
My head costs more than that.

Anyway, I have been wearing full face helmets that do not have PSB stickers for years and currently have 2 IXS full face which do not have the PSB sticker.

As long as the helmet is Snell Foundation and DOT approved I will wear it.

If got Snell, DOT and PSB sticker... I will wear. If got PSB sticker only... I will not wear.

The Snell and DOT endorsement is recognised worldwide as a benchmark standard for safety helmets.

PSB got world wide recognition meh??? Decide for yourselves.

very well said :)

barefoot
15-06-2008, 09:16 PM
eh ask u all ar, if i waer fullface helmet but i take out the visor is it illegal? hwo about taking off the visor and wear a fully reflected goggles, also illegal ar

rong666
15-06-2008, 10:51 PM
eh ask u all ar, if i waer fullface helmet but i take out the visor is it illegal? hwo about taking off the visor and wear a fully reflected goggles, also illegal ar

Don't think its illegal...I know tainted visor is ...

racingspirit_81
27-06-2008, 05:53 PM
i just got fined $50 last week wearing dark visor. Its my second time, but i will still continue to wear it. Reason being..

- the dark visor helps protect from the glaring sun in the day
- at night, it protects from ultra bright headlights which is potentially blinding.
- Sunglasses is not comfortable to me.

The theory of 'suspicious person' doesnt make sense to me at all, If that's the case, what about riding at night? Don't wear helmet ah

The visor i'm using has 30% light transmittance and i think thats very reasonable. To sum up, this regulation should be removed and give riders additional comfort on the road.

Just my personal opinion...

'(Irrelevant)Rules are made to be broken?'

bujang_senang
23-07-2008, 08:43 PM
am juz wondering...why TP and ROV etc love to go after us bikers?? are we like sitting ducks fer em or they juz got some beef with us bikers?

juz sharing with u fellow riders my own personal experience...:sian:

i kena roadblock on my way back home one late sat nite...as usual slowed down and stopped when i reached the officer..

killed my engine and raised my visor...(wearin full face tinted visor)..saw the TP looking at me one kind and i know deep down i'm in fer a rough time..

he asked me if i've been drinking...said no and the standard SOP..(breath analyzer etc)

then he stared at my helmet..he said y my visor tinted..i told him i ride daily to work with the glaring sun in my face in the morning and on my way back in the evening..i get blinded by the sun..i can't wear sunglasses as i need specs...so the next best thing is to get tinted visor...he stared at me and went to inspect my bike...

he then picked on my full system exhaust..asked me start bike and blow till 7k rpm...i did as instructed...my pipe by then is slightly louder then as the packing inside is burned off due to usage (i guess so la...this is wat my mech tell me)..but it is def LEGAL...bought it from MW...gone thru inspection w/o any prob..then he accused me of getting illegal system...i took out my photocopied cert of approval from LTA...he looked at it and was clearly displeased that i've paper to back me up...

by this time..some of his collegues had already gathered ard us to see wat's going on...i then heard one of em tellin him to let me go as their main objective is to catch the drink drivers..not penalise ppl fer this small things...

i thank God that officer said that..God bless him :thumb:

he then handed me back the paper...he looked at me (and i could have sworn) he growled at me not to wear the tinted visor anymore or the next time i wun be so lucky...:confused: i wonder wat he meant...fine perhaps?

this happen quiet a while back..early this yr...but upon readin this thread..the memory floods back and juz wanna share with the fellow bros and sis here...

anyone had similar exp? or is it juz me that the authorities are pickin on us bikers more than car/lorries etc? how come they dun intercept those ****in lorries who go on center lane at expressways and are clearly travellin above the speed limit with load? whereas fer us bikes..they always seems to be in the 'correct' place at the 'correct' time?

eedwinn
18-10-2008, 11:01 AM
Am thinking of getting an additional tinted visor for my helmet for day use as the sun sometimes is really too glaring!

Contact lenses are too troublesome for me to put on if I want to use shades, so do you guys think I should go ahead? :confused:

Besides, tinted visor looks so much cooler!!! :cheeky:

eyke
29-10-2008, 11:28 AM
As the arguement upon psb approved helmet too......Some pple want to look nice with helmet while disregarding safety.

look nice, don't want life?

http://imagenl.asia1.com.sg/image/photographics/ST/2008/10/10340026.jpg

TP/LTA should go after the shops selling these toy helmets.

Infinite^Sky
29-10-2008, 12:07 PM
With effect from 1st July 2004, riders and pillions will be allowed to wear tinted visors which have at least 70% light transmittance.
http://driving-in-singapore.spf.gov.sg/services/Driving_in_Singapore/Faq/visorfaq.htm

xcore
01-11-2008, 05:28 AM
i got stopped by TP and tiger squad when i wearing my monkey face helmet (smth like scrambler helmet) that doesnt have any psb approved stickers but both times never bother bout the helmet, i think most of them will close one eye regarding the psb sticker thing.

Anyway why hasnt anyone thought of like removing the sticker from a cheap 40 approved helmet and just pasting it on your 400+ ff helmet? hahahahah. sorry abit lame but cant resist saying it.

Raptor
01-11-2008, 07:46 AM
TP/LTA should go after the shops selling these toy helmets.

That HAVE the PSB sticker.

Alot of cheap Made in Thailand with coconut shell helmets have the PSB approved sticker on them.

Alot of expensive Snell and DOT helmets do not have the PSB approved sticker on them....

That is how expensive your head is to the authorities.

zack88
28-11-2008, 01:02 PM
tio again... waste my money again...early in the morning i see ghost liao... haiz... and their child next time no hole.... no guts yet wanna act... ask them go jb la... see can ya ya again or not...

Snoek
29-11-2008, 11:41 AM
Anyway, is pillion alowed to wear tinted visor which less than 70%? :help:

My fren's pillion just gt caught for wearing tinted visor.summon the rider. lol :angry:

Amireaux
28-12-2008, 06:10 AM

Just got stopped by TP for my visor recently and got fined 50 bucks regardless of our lengthy debate over why shades are allowed and tinted visors are not.

Their logic is this(according to the f**** TP who stopped me):

The difference between sunglasses and tinted visors is that, IF it rains, out of sudden a sudden on a sunny day, and it gets dark while you are wearing your sunglasses, you can take it off and flip down your clear visor. However, if you're using a tinted visor, you cant flip up your visor to allow yourself to see better, because the rain will hit your face and it will hurt and you will have to blink more and you will lose control and you will skid and you will fall and you will die. :mad:

kurarensu
28-12-2008, 07:31 AM
Just got stopped by TP for my visor recently and got fined 50 bucks regardless of our lengthy debate over why shades are allowed and tinted visors are not.

Their logic is this(according to the f**** TP who stopped me):

The difference between sunglasses and tinted visors is that, IF it rains, out of sudden a sudden on a sunny day, and it gets dark while you are wearing your sunglasses, you can take it off and flip down your clear visor. However, if you're using a tinted visor, you cant flip up your visor to allow yourself to see better, because the rain will hit your face and it will hurt and you will have to blink more and you will lose control and you will skid and you will fall and you will die. :mad:

lidat also can.. you tell him raining day i dont ride my bike.. i will park at shelter and wait for rain to stop..

or u can say then sunglass i take out i put where? if i hang @ my tshirt i ride halfway the sunglass fly off and hit other ppl or cause them to skid and accident how?

revospeed
21-01-2009, 01:35 PM
What happen if i were to wear sunglasses with flipped up fully tinted visor?

rizaldinho
21-01-2009, 03:12 PM
What happen if i were to wear sunglasses with flipped up fully tinted visor?

like that even if the sun on top of ur head, its still be as dark as the darkest night.

Topnut
10-02-2009, 05:16 PM
Does anyone know where to get those legal 70% visors ? I heard they only come in light smoke right? What are the other 70% light transmission colours?

danchen
27-02-2009, 05:04 PM
dun bother... the LTA 70% rule is as good as "No tinted visor allowed."
just put 70% for show only...
even the light smoke visors like only 65%, meaning if you buy, prepare to get fined. Its a scam !

adnoh
04-03-2009, 07:07 PM
just got a full face helmet without PSB sticker.. and it seems much harder and stronger den my MFIZZ evo 2... and comparing Evo 2 to roll bahn full face helmet.. evo 2 is much much softer:S like if u step on the helmet from the side will break anytime.. and its slightly tinted..

will like to ask if anyone gt fine recently riding without PSB sticker..? and how much the fine is... heard from some guy that the fine would be 70$ and 3 demerit points.. is that true?

maosi21
09-03-2009, 06:50 PM
That HAVE the PSB sticker.

Alot of cheap Made in Thailand with coconut shell helmets have the PSB approved sticker on them.

Alot of expensive Snell and DOT helmets do not have the PSB approved sticker on them....

That is how expensive your head is to the authorities.

One of the reasons for this is because of the shops that bring in the helmets.

the way the PSB gives out sticker i believe, is basically a shop, or someone who wants to get the sticker for a helmet, is that you buy several, and you have to give i'm not sure if it's one or several to the PSB people who will then do their own tests.

The tests may not be up to the standards of SNELL or DOT, because I'm sure the SNELL and DOT standard tests are more intensive than what PSB has. (just my opinion, cause you can't buy a SNELL or DOT **** for $30)

So for a shop to buy so many helmets and send to PSB and possibly not get it back, those bloody helmets better sell like hotcakes, if not a shop would probably say not worth their time and effort if 1 person special request for it.

Not profitable mah.

So the shops bring in the ones people will buy which is the cheapo ones, that pass PSB test, get sticker, that people who don't price their head that high buy (and there's quite a lot of them), and the shop make money.

So what does the shop learn from that? Buy Cheap helmets, because more people want cheap helmets than the expensive ones. Bring in More varieties of cheapo ones than expensive ones because otherwise it's not that profitable.

So even though i hate the whole PSB sticker thing, since now we have it and have to live with it, the only variable we can change in this continuous circle, is the fact that customers want to buy More expensive, safer helmets than the cheapo ones. Then the shop will stop bringing in cheapo ones, and bring in more expensive (nicer looking ones :cool:). But this will never happen in Singapore. And i'm sure we all know why, it's because there will always be a market for cheap things.

sleuth
09-03-2009, 06:59 PM
can use 1 mirror or not uh?

Team_Commander
19-03-2009, 03:16 AM
where can get the approved 70% tinted visor for the evo helmet?

XanChi
22-03-2009, 12:37 PM
I love tinted visors especially chromed ones :cheeky:

VidaK
22-03-2009, 11:10 PM
anyone experienced a penalty for fixing transition lens on the visor?

maosi21
04-04-2009, 05:28 PM
anyone know where can find those double visor helmet? the one with the tinted visor on the inside that can be flipped down?

and whether or not psb has approved them yet?

brandon.
13-07-2009, 04:02 PM
Well , we caused it , we voted them.

I must have spend at least 2000$ on HDB parking fines , visor and traffic offenses.

I'm sure all of us have our fair share in contributing to them.

And Oh yes , they give us 200$ , two times a year. but this is nearing the voting session.

After the votes are in their favour , you guys can expect what's going to come.

Who suffer? we.

Imma not gonna vote em neither my family.

Snoek
21-07-2009, 02:36 PM
Best to wear clear visor. TP don disturb =)

villier
21-07-2009, 03:03 PM
anyone know where can find those double visor helmet? the one with the tinted visor on the inside that can be flipped down?

Caberg and NoLan. Thats what i know of. Don't think PSB will approve as they are Expensive helmets. Singapore don't support Expensive helmet. They want you to die on the road wearing those cheapo helmets.

Stopped by TP once, fined for tinted visor. Ask me how much is my helmet(non PSB), told him, he never fine me for that. TP also a rider, they "should" understand.

Hello.Kitty
21-07-2009, 05:10 PM
And i got fined today behind the coffee shop opposite ah boy de HDB Flat due to my visor was about 39%,sigh my $50.00. :cry:

fleas
21-07-2009, 07:34 PM

y no go for internal sunglasses :<?

kyleong
10-08-2009, 05:17 PM
Someone please advise where to get a "tinted approved visor" for helmet

Or reckon me a sunglass wif degree of 700 at cost of less than 40SGD

Thanks

squarebox
21-08-2009, 02:45 PM
Who do i write to regarding tear-offs?

The other day TP ride beside me
TP : "are u suppose to wear tinted visor"
Me : "no but it's tear-off"
Then he stared for awhile and moved off to summon another biker (10mins later) with tinted visor.
We talked while riding on a crowded expressway...

ask who?
http://www.onemotoring.com.sg
http://www.lta.gov.sg/
http://www.spf.gov.sg

rezz_shaz
21-08-2009, 02:54 PM

Or reckon me a sunglass wif degree of 700 at cost of less than 40SGD

Thanks

why not just wear contact lens and then u can wear sunglasses without degree....?

kyleong
29-08-2009, 07:35 PM
why not just wear contact lens and then u can wear sunglasses without degree....?

I have eye irritation

aRcHeR
31-08-2009, 02:22 AM
i wonder if wearing goggles with tinted lens will get summon anot.

technically it's not part of a helmet, it's an eyewear..

any idea?

Italian Beauty
14-01-2010, 04:03 AM
hahaa.. Now can still use?

hi_sham32
16-01-2010, 04:48 PM

any idea?

Hahax.... My spec is transition lenses... How bout it?

What has pillion tinted visor has to do with me riding? It doesn't affect a thing.

SantaCros
26-01-2010, 10:04 PM
pls off topic here, i really nid help. My demerit points is 0 points laio. meaning cannot minus anymore or will gantong..

I wish to knw, parking on curb. what is the charge n summon like, got demerit pts? ty

louisyhw
07-02-2010, 04:58 PM
pls off topic here, i really nid help. My demerit points is 0 points laio. meaning cannot minus anymore or will gantong..

I wish to knw, parking on curb. what is the charge n summon like, got demerit pts? ty

how to park on curb? u mean pavement? lol $70 if i not wrong. no points.

testamant
14-02-2010, 10:34 PM

Were you there in the first place if not only pay fine lerr,unless you obstruct something or sumone.aniwae,you can always ask for the subrider for help take the blame unless you are the only sole owner to the bike.go for an appeal.:angel:

shahrul_azmil3
15-02-2010, 12:48 AM

been in ur shoes b4 .

my advice is

one year is short ... play safe ... follow all the rules

darkhorse2009
15-02-2010, 01:18 AM
Just wish to advice those riders w spects, and dun want to pay the $ to buy expensive lenses, just buy the clip on sun glasses. I got mine for $12 but i think got places that sell for less than $10.

testamant
17-02-2010, 08:58 AM
Just wish to advice those riders w spects, and dun want to pay the $ to buy expensive lenses, just buy the clip on sun glasses. I got mine for $12 but i think got places that sell for less than $10.

Wanna buy cheaper clipons glasses ,go to Daiso for only $2 .

testamant
17-02-2010, 08:59 AM

Damn ...Double Posting:(

xine
08-03-2010, 12:06 PM
I kena the $50 from TP b4 also.. that is one injustice, man. I use e tinted visor coz it helps me avoid gettin blinded when I'm riding towards the sun every morning. Ended up I kena fined for it. I got fined for safety reasons when I wear the visor for safety reasons! Wth!

starr
08-03-2010, 12:37 PM
I kena the $50 from TP b4 also.. that is one injustice, man. I use e tinted visor coz it helps me avoid gettin blinded when I'm riding towards the sun every morning. Ended up I kena fined for it. I got fined for safety reasons when I wear the visor for safety reasons! Wth!

hmm. well, theres always shades u see.

xine
08-03-2010, 11:05 PM
Yup, I see too late :cheeky: I'm not really into sunglasses, haha.

Nefarious
29-03-2010, 08:48 AM
**** my helmet is psb approved but i hand itchy go tear the sticker off. im still a learner going for prac 1 but my learner's helmet is a common model (mfizz evo II) can argue with them to use it on prac? oh ya, can use fullface for tp? :D

aRcHeR
29-03-2010, 09:25 AM
**** my helmet is psb approved but i hand itchy go tear the sticker off. im still a learner going for prac 1 but my learner's helmet is a common model (mfizz evo II) can argue with them to use it on prac? oh ya, can use fullface for tp? :D

good luck. either u buy a new helmet or try to find a sticker from the shop you bought from.

and no, fullface not allowed unless you are ang mo.. :angel:

biting_point
25-05-2010, 05:28 PM

any idea?

yupz.. it's an eyewear..
no fine for it if TP sees you with it on..

seriously i dun get the drift on tinted visor..
if i'm caught during the night with a tinted visor, i shut up and pay fine..
but if it was during a hot sunny day..??
worst when i had a clear visor in my box???

donated at least 5 times regarding tinted visor during the day..

FilthyCradle
25-06-2010, 02:39 PM

This is legal, cos it is the same as wearing sunglasses.. asked TP before..

swiftee
25-06-2010, 04:05 PM
good luck. either u buy a new helmet or try to find a sticker from the shop you bought from.

then maybe i am part-ang mo (eurasian) cause i used a beaked scrambler helmet to pass my tp

chiap lee have. but for arai helmet.
i am using one... most of the time it is not tinted well enough to be that useful, but it does cut the hid headlamps quite a bit :thumb:

any idea?

i wore oakley sunglasses (the lens black black kind) under tinted visor before...
tp looked suspiciously at me when i went pass, but didnt stop me
u can just argue that your goggle is giant glasses la...

J-B
29-06-2010, 01:31 PM
What about helmet with both teinted visor inside the helmet?

hem356
29-08-2010, 08:59 PM

full face is allowed......not only ang moh. i see lots of people using it nowadays for tp.....its not fashion its safety! so why should it not be allowed.....?

KaT
05-09-2010, 08:13 AM
30% tinted visor can use right?

rei_majimaz
30-10-2010, 10:03 PM
Hi, after reading the above, can I deduce that the Mfizz Evo 2 helmet bought from LAB = sure kena summon???

biting_point
30-10-2010, 10:22 PM
full face is allowed......not only ang moh. i see lots of people using it nowadays for tp.....its not fashion its safety! so why should it not be allowed.....?

Archer meant for lessons and Traffic Police Test at riding schools..

Hi, after reading the above, can I deduce that the Mfizz Evo 2 helmet bought from LAB = sure kena summon???

what do you mean??? if your visor is more than 30% tinted, you will be summoned when a TP stops you..

Maja
30-10-2010, 10:24 PM

from what i know ah boy sells approved tinted visor which is 30% tinted and they go by the term "Teh-O." It was told by my neighbour who is using the visor. he has been stopped by TP several time to test the visor and they let him go since it is legal.if you helmet is using that visor, you are safe.

rei_majimaz
30-10-2010, 10:31 PM
To Biting_Point & Maja: Actually I just bought the Evo2 helmets from them, got home and realised the visors are like tinted, so Im not sure whether the default helmet visor is it the one you guys mentioning?

Maja
30-10-2010, 10:33 PM
To Biting_Point & Maja: Actually I just bought the Evo2 helmets from them, got home and realised the visors are like tinted, so Im not sure whether the default helmet visor is it the one you guys mentioning?

i suggest you compare your helmet visor with the ones that helmetboys are selling. if it is the same, maybe it is like that by default. if you still unsure, it is best to go back to LAB and enquire. not worth to just leave it as it is and pay $50 if you are caught by TP.

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/276232-Evolution-2-Helmet-Light-weight-Helmet

rei_majimaz
30-10-2010, 10:37 PM
Yea, I just compared, both looks something like tt in the pic. shld be okay , i guess?

Maja
30-10-2010, 10:39 PM
if it is the same then should not be any problem. anyway i have seen the helmet before. the visor does look like it is not 100% clear visor.

rei_majimaz
30-10-2010, 10:42 PM
Thanks Maja, I guess if the shop selling online also says legal, shld be no problem also. Cheers!

xvaiox
25-12-2010, 10:17 PM
Wanna ask if a Helmet (HJC AC-X2) is bought overseas, so there will be no PSB stickers.
is there any place/authorities that i can give them check and if pass get a sticker from them?

xvaiox
25-12-2010, 10:18 PM
sorry! double post due to lag..

bustop
04-01-2011, 06:26 PM
anyone using "30% tinted street legal visor" otr got stop by tp and pass the test?

revospeed
08-01-2011, 01:24 AM
yupz.. it's an eyewear..
no fine for it if TP sees you with it on..

seriously i dun get the drift on tinted visor..
if i'm caught during the night with a tinted visor, i shut up and pay fine..
but if it was during a hot sunny day..??
worst when i had a clear visor in my box???

donated at least 5 times regarding tinted visor during the day..

If theres a "Like' button, i would had clicked it! Haha
Totally agree with your point

chiap lee have. but for arai helmet.
i am using one... most of the time it is not tinted well enough to be that useful, but it does cut the hid headlamps quite a bit :thumb:

The one Chiap Lee selling for Arai is approved? That particular tinted visor is Original Arai parts?

from what i know ah boy sells approved tinted visor which is 30% tinted and they go by the term "Teh-O." It was told by my neighbour who is using the visor. he has been stopped by TP several time to test the visor and they let him go since it is legal.if you helmet is using that visor, you are safe.

I once got stopped for wearing tinted visor. He showed an example on 'tint-o-meter' of his. He said must have at least 70% light passing through to consider it legal. But when he showed me an example using sort of plastic strip, the clear one already showed reading of 73%-78% light of passing through. He then tried on my visor. I was like though luck bro! haha!

revospeed
08-01-2011, 01:38 AM
Double Post!
Sorry!

bustop
12-01-2011, 10:18 AM
U mean Ur tinted visor pass the test?

calvin21
20-07-2011, 04:43 PM
is E.C.E cert helmet is legal 2 wear in singapore?

Lexanez
14-08-2011, 09:16 PM
is E.C.E cert helmet is legal 2 wear in singapore?

In the eyes of the Law (enforcement). no helmet is approved unless they are approved by the "Minister".

This effectively means that only Helmets with PSB stickers are approved for use on the road. With visors of 30% or lesser tint.

ben1112
14-08-2011, 10:59 PM
OT: Can bike windshield be tinted? If the windshield is tall type and tinted, is there any laws governing the tint of motorcycle windscreen? Can one get summoned for having tall and tinted windshield on a bike?

Uniquely Ayid
04-09-2011, 07:13 AM
Hello. Asking bout tinted thingy. It's abit out of topic but i just wanna ask weather isit pass(inspection) when I put tinted 3M film on my headlight? Bought at Juzzwheel. :)

parotae
01-10-2011, 02:09 AM
Where can I test my tinted visor besides the $50 free test by TP?

TUPAC shakur
23-11-2011, 05:35 AM
can i wear helmets bought from malaysia in singapore?????

Wasabikun
02-03-2012, 04:31 AM
Just wondering, can we wear google with the rainbow or any smoke lens? Since its not a visor. :cheeky:

naim
02-03-2012, 04:13 PM
goggle shud be fine la. since its like sunglass. can be taken off anytym.

SinSeh
19-09-2012, 08:50 AM
Hello. Asking bout tinted thingy. It's abit out of topic but i just wanna ask weather isit pass(inspection) when I put tinted 3M film on my headlight? Bought at Juzzwheel. :)

can anyone confirm?

oahihz
07-11-2013, 08:14 PM
Hello, is it a requirement to wear a helmet with a visor? Can I wear a PSB approved helmet that doesn't have a visor installed on it?