User Tag List

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Results 301 to 330 of 330

Thread: BMW Roadster/Rockster Owners

  1. #301
    triumsg
    has no status.
    Class 2 triumsg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,332
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default



    Yes ... most likely same time/place tomorrow. Unless the weather decides otherwise ...

  2. #302
    TEEWM
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    114
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by triumsg View Post
    Yes ... most likely same time/place tomorrow. Unless the weather decides otherwise ...
    Had a great time.

    Nice ride and food (also cheap).

    Look forward to others joining us.

     

     
  3. #303
    seanwu
    don't need status
    Kruzers seanwu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    978
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
    hiya, sean ...

    Wanna go for a ride end of this month? see this ...

    http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums...d.php?t=171421
    Hi Bro,
    I have a day ride on 17th of this month with my own club.
    I am afraid that I wpuld be able to make it at the end of this month.
    We have not been meeting up for sometime. why not organise a meetup session?
    It's not the miles per hour you go; It's the smiles per mile you get
    www.kruzer.org.sg

  4. #304
    TEEWM
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    114
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    So guys, how about meeting up this week-end?

    Friday is not possible as triumsg and myself have a trip meeting.

    The exact timing of the proposed week-end meet up will depend on response and availability.

  5. #305
    BMWFJ9C
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi Ppl,

    Just bought a 05 Rockster (matt black / metallic orange) about a week ago. Glad to see many helpful ppl here sharing valuable information. I have two queries:
    1. Anyone has re-paint the matt black tank? What to do with the stickers, other than buying from PML - any shop can laser-cut them? Asking cos my tank has rather unsightly scratches.
    2. Any fellow owner would be kind to lend me the rider/bike manual to duplicate? Previous owner lost it.

    Thanks in advance.

  6. #306
    TEEWM
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    114
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BMWFJ9C View Post
    Hi Ppl,

    Just bought a 05 Rockster (matt black / metallic orange) about a week ago. Glad to see many helpful ppl here sharing valuable information. I have two queries:
    1. Anyone has re-paint the matt black tank? What to do with the stickers, other than buying from PML - any shop can laser-cut them? Asking cos my tank has rather unsightly scratches.
    2. Any fellow owner would be kind to lend me the rider/bike manual to duplicate? Previous owner lost it.

    Thanks in advance.

    Good bike. You will enjoy it alot.

    I have the manual for R1150 roadster, not rockster.

    Did you try PML?

  7. #307
    bmwfbd628u
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Tg Rhu
    Posts
    3
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    hi TEEWM,

    previously was "bmwfj9c", now using new reg number "fbd628u"..

    yeah am getting used to the bike now, and enjoying it.. been almost 6 years since i stopped riding.. good to be back on the saddle and feel the wind in the face again..

    sure will try pml, but believe chance is slim given that this bike is no longer in production..

  8. #308
    Blackie21
    has no status.
    Class 2A Blackie21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    571
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    check out the info on bmw thread on the sports tourer thread


    1981 dt125

    "its bad but not too bad"

  9. #309
    Icezstorm
    has no status.
    Class 2A Icezstorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    643
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    hi Guys,

    I have a friend who is looking for BMW Tour or Urban version bikes for a shoot. It will be a 4 day shoot from 19th - 22th Dec'08. I will need the rider to be present as he / she might need to ride the bike a little. Do let me know if you have interest in it. $$ will be neg. Please PM me if you are interested, i would need your bike pic and contact details, thanks in advanced for the great help, Cheers. .

    P/s: Is there any shop tat rents BMW bikes?

  10. #310
    nakano600
    has no status.
    P Plate nakano600's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    55
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Bmw1100r

    Hey guys, anyone of you riding BMW R1100R? This thread has evolved into a riding appointments ! Haha Ia m cool with it thou but hope to keep this thread alive as a naked bike discussion.... Hope to meet up with more R1100R riders ! More ppl should appreciate this bike ! Cheers Bros !

  11. #311
    mamat
    has no status.
    Class 2A mamat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    738
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nakano600 View Post
    Hey guys, anyone of you riding BMW R1100R? This thread has evolved into a riding appointments ! Haha Ia m cool with it thou but hope to keep this thread alive as a naked bike discussion.... Hope to meet up with more R1100R riders ! More ppl should appreciate this bike ! Cheers Bros !
    i'm riding one.2tone paintwork.What's ur's ? hop over to the Tourer thread bmw thread and meet the other guys! we r all 1 small family
    http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums...76274&page=227

     

     
  12. #312
    zoom88
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    13
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Accessories for R1150R

    Looking for advise / supply of accessories for R1150R

    Wondering if there is interest from fellow R1150R to fit
    a. gear indicator (from Acumen)
    b. Rear box (like those from Dakar)
    c. Shorter gear shifts
    d. Shorter foot pegs

    Or any other accessories.

    Cheers

  13. #313
    Brembo
    is busy...reading forums :-P
    SBF Moderator Brembo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Where the sun set
    Posts
    5,175
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    this thread has been idle for quite awhile. just bought a old n nice r1100r... anyone riding the same bike ... lets meet n share :-)

    Join the group in FB...

    Budget Beemer Group
    Last edited by Brembo; 25-05-2010 at 02:49 PM.

  14. #314
    kittosoft
    pi55ed
    Class 2B kittosoft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    dreamland
    Posts
    404
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    this thread has been idle for quite awhile. just bought a old n nice r1100r... anyone riding the same bike ... lets meet n share :-)
    f800r can?

    hop over to the bmw thread in the tourer section... u might have more luck there mate


    I believe in Value for My HaRD EARN MOOlah

  15. #315
    coolcat
    is a poor cat
    TeePee coolcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,636
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hiya, Kitty,

    You took the plunge on a F800R? Nice ... let me eyeball in the flesh can?

    Cheers

    Cat
    ... what you looking at? Never seen a cow that wants to go places ????! ...

  16. #316
    kittosoft
    pi55ed
    Class 2B kittosoft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    dreamland
    Posts
    404
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
    Hiya, Kitty,

    You took the plunge on a F800R? Nice ... let me eyeball in the flesh can?

    Cheers

    Cat
    yeah, no problems... any sat or sun u can eyeball or take a short spin... not too fast >5k rpm, still running in

    hard to resist her after the test ride


    I believe in Value for My HaRD EARN MOOlah

  17. #317
    Abv1000
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    40
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi guys.... I am looking for a R1150R Roadster preferably the matt black with orange colour version, but actually any other colour would be great too ! Drop me a sms if you hv one or know anyone who wants to part with his or hers.... Cheers to all !! Happy riding !!

  18. #318
    Abv1000
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    40
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi.... here is my contact number..... 92781618

  19. #319
    coolcat
    is a poor cat
    TeePee coolcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,636
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Abv1000 View Post
    Hi guys.... I am looking for a R1150R Roadster preferably the matt black with orange colour version, but actually any other colour would be great too ! Drop me a sms if you hv one or know anyone who wants to part with his or hers.... Cheers to all !! Happy riding !!
    The R1150R Roadster does not come in that colour scheme. What you are looking for is a Rockster:



    Cheers

    Cat
    ... what you looking at? Never seen a cow that wants to go places ????! ...

  20. #320
    garang_guni
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    166
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi guys,

    I just love the look of naked bikes and have intention to get a r1100r roadster.

    Dont really like the looks of the newer models, prefer the classic look.

    Understand most on the market are more than 10yrs old, can someone advise what to expect if i get 1?

    Lets say, a relatively well maintained one, how much should i set aside in case of breakdown, what usually needs to be changed for an r1100r 10yrs or older.

    Ive read that a fairly new gsa developed a abs issue and needs $3k to fix. I think that is pretty rubbish, shouldnt there be an option of repair instead of replacing?

    Anyway, i am riding a cb750 now, needless to say, its 'bulletproof'. I understand parts price between a honda and a bmw is going to be a fair difference, im more concerned with the reliability on the whole.

    I want a bike that will spend more time on the road than in the workshop.

    Any inputs?

  21. #321
    kittosoft
    pi55ed
    Class 2B kittosoft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    dreamland
    Posts
    404
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by garang_guni View Post
    Hi guys,

    I just love the look of naked bikes and have intention to get a r1100r roadster.

    Dont really like the looks of the newer models, prefer the classic look.

    Understand most on the market are more than 10yrs old, can someone advise what to expect if i get 1?

    Lets say, a relatively well maintained one, how much should i set aside in case of breakdown, what usually needs to be changed for an r1100r 10yrs or older.

    Ive read that a fairly new gsa developed a abs issue and needs $3k to fix. I think that is pretty rubbish, shouldnt there be an option of repair instead of replacing?

    Anyway, i am riding a cb750 now, needless to say, its 'bulletproof'. I understand parts price between a honda and a bmw is going to be a fair difference, im more concerned with the reliability on the whole.

    I want a bike that will spend more time on the road than in the workshop.

    Any inputs?
    same thing:

    hop over to the bmw thread in the tourer section... u might have more luck there mate
    think there is a few roadster for sale too


    I believe in Value for My HaRD EARN MOOlah

     

     
  22. #322
    garang_guni
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    166
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kittosoft View Post
    same thing:



    think there is a few roadster for sale too
    Yeah, hence the itch to try one.

    I'll try the other thread thanks.

  23. #323
    sake_w650
    has no status.
    Class 2B sake_w650's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    382
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Interested in r1150 rockster

    Hi all,

    Am looking for a r1150 rockster. Any idea where i can get hold of one? If you have one or know of anyone who wants to change n upgrade ride, please pm me. Thanks!
    Live to Ride.....

    Dream Ride:
    Triumph Thruxton
    Norton Commando 961 please!!

  24. #324
    bmwfbd628u
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Tg Rhu
    Posts
    3
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Just to keep this thread active.

    Still enjoying my Rockster after more than 2 years. Every trip on the bike is an adventure, whilst every trip in the car is to get from Point A to Point B.

    Just fitted the Pirelli Angel tyres (http://www.pirelli.com/tyre/ww/en/mo.../angel_st.html). Read good reviews of the tyres, and will say they are worth a try.

  25. #325
    sake_w650
    has no status.
    Class 2B sake_w650's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    382
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bmwfbd628u View Post
    Just to keep this thread active.

    Still enjoying my Rockster after more than 2 years. Every trip on the bike is an adventure, whilst every trip in the car is to get from Point A to Point B.

    Just fitted the Pirelli Angel tyres (http://www.pirelli.com/tyre/ww/en/mo.../angel_st.html). Read good reviews of the tyres, and will say they are worth a try.
    I believe you were the one i was stalking last week...hahah....ride safe my friend!!
    Live to Ride.....

    Dream Ride:
    Triumph Thruxton
    Norton Commando 961 please!!

  26. #326
    bmwfbd628u
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Tg Rhu
    Posts
    3
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi All,

    Been a while since I dropped by this site. Done some minor works on my Rocks recently - removed the panniers and passenger rail and screen, mounted a ZTechnik storage pod and replaced the mirrors. Thought would share the latest more streamlined look, and to keep this thread alive.

    Cheers!

    Left.jpg

    In interested, mor pics @ flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/68777945@N08/

  27. #327
    ph_kkk
    has no status.
    Class 2B ph_kkk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Tampines, Kuantan, Gemencheh
    Posts
    375
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    dear all, i am new to bmw bike.
    thinking of getting 2001 model less than 10k. is it worth getting such a old bike ? easy/hard to maintain ?
    what is the main part probably will breakdown for a 12-14years bike ?

    thanks for all the advices in advance.

  28. #328
    coolcat
    is a poor cat
    TeePee coolcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,636
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Owned one for 8 years. No real issues. Be religious on servicing and it will be faithful.
    ... what you looking at? Never seen a cow that wants to go places ????! ...

  29. #329
    Paikia44
    is a MBA (Married But Available)
    TeePee Paikia44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Sillypore....
    Posts
    3,607
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Anyone has a set of hardcase saddle for grabs?? Just the boxes... I have the rails.
    #ShutUp_and_Ride

  30. #330
    Striple9677
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    1
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi,

    Just checking if this thread is still active?

    Justin

    Triumph Street Triple R 675
    R1150R Rockster
    R1200C Avant Garde
    Yamaha Drag Star 400
    Cagiva Blue 125

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •