Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBandit View Post
    I have submitted this to HDB...
    Good for you! I also keep the numbers of HDB carparks enforcement, URA carparks (and their enforcement agent Premas), and TP enforcement handy at all times.

Much better to be active than to complain and do nothing.
    He who hesitates is lost!

contrarian
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by racingter View Post
    Another(Another) place is SEntosa...how come cars can go in we cannot? we pay also lar....dun disciminate us lar...we juz wanna ride in....y must us park at vivo and take the mrt or bus in again?wah lau wake up idea leh..if u want more business....
    There is a thread on Sentosa and bikes already. I'd say keep bikes out of Sentosa - I have no desire to see it overrun by bikes including mine.

contrarian
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Is there a need to feel inferior and blame everything that doesn't go in your favour on discrimination? "Oh look, I can't get my way with this, it must be discrimination."

What a pathetic mindset. The eternal truth is that no one can eliminate discrimination from the world. But the corresponding truth is also that much of the time, the first response of some is to say that "Oh, those other guys can do it but not me, it must be because I'm [fill in the relevant discriminant] and this guy is practising discrimination."

Really, there is no need to look down on yourself like that. Most people aren't out to get you, and there's no need to make up and excuse to think that they are.

I agree with Pplater's comments:
    Quote Originally Posted by Pplater View Post
    I honestly believe the notion that bikers are discriminated against is overhyped at times. It could be due to defensive perception at times. I do believe if you ride in a safe and responsible manner, switching lanes in a considerate manner with soft lane changes, that kindness often influences those around you and they reciprocate. U sense the mood of the drivers around you.

My point is that bad road behaviour transcends class, gender and experience. Everyone has their grievances. We are often caught up into our myopic perspectives.

ma0ma0z
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wat i tink is tat .. sg pple always tend to haf tis mindset, my vehicle is bigger than urs, so u shud siam when u see mi .. but wat i tink is tat .. they shud avoid "us"(riders) coz if suay suay we hit onto them/they hit onto us n we die, no matter of who is in the fault, who will be guilty ?? obviously them ..

n i encounter tis b4, vehicles(class3 n above) juz lyk to anyhow horn at rider .. nth wrong wif it .. but if lets say the rider kena shock n got into accident, JUZ becoz of anyhow horning, i wonder how they wud feel ?? fun ??

so wat i do now is, anytink tat happens on the road, as long as i tink tat wil endanger mi, ill juz horn .. even sumtimes i wanna do a turning .. juz to alert drivers/riders .. plus sg'reans simply loves to horn

Stardust83
    is riding on the wings of a falcon.
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ghost04 View Post
    know why have to squeeze between lanes at 100km/h on expressways??
    cos those idiotic car drivers think tat once they reach 90km/h they can think tat the right lanes is their grandfather built one liao...these ppl are known as ROAD HOGS n they need to be re-educated.
    Well Said ! Lots of drivers are like that...Road hogging !

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBandit View Post
    I have submitted this to HDB...
    lolx...Well Done ! Parking Idiots !
    July 2006-21st Aug 2007 :Honda NSR SP (FS1029R)
    21st Aug 2007-28th Oct 2009 :Honda CB400 Spec III (FY8*8*M)
    5th Sept 09-20th Nov 2013 Suzuki Hayabusa K6 FBA 9**6 J
    30 Jan 13-Hyundai Getz 1.6 SFV*1*1K
    20th Nov 13-Honda CBR600RR 2008 FBE4*4*S
    2015-2015:Mitsubishi Lancer GLX
    28th Oct 2015-Mitsubishi Lancer EX GLS

MS
    is celebrating life.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a loser mindset of Singaporeans. Those who need a bigger car to belittle a motorcycle rider has little achievement at the end of his life.

This culture will not be the same in Europe whereby motorcyclists are seen as rich people.

While on the German Autobahn, a fast motorcycle whizzing past you on the next lane will not be branded as a 'motorcyclist' but the nationality reflected on your EU Nr plate.

"Bloody Britons" My German friend remarked when a group of British bikers rode quickly past my car. But he was not affected when a group of riders bearing the 'D' letter on the plate rode past in the same manner.

It will take many many years for the public in Singapore who do not ride to accept that motorcycles also deserve a fair space on the road. And it is no use lamenting now. Rather, get yourself up the corporate ladder, own a more expensive continental car and buy a fast bike. You ride because you love the excitement and not because you do not have a choice. And I know some riders here are already doing that. When more and more riders are like that, the image will start to evolve.

Do Not Tailgate Me!

racingter
    says LETS RIDE .
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by contrarian View Post
    There is a thread on Sentosa and bikes already. I'd say keep bikes out of Sentosa - I have no desire to see it overrun by bikes including mine.
    come on...dun let them discriminate bikers lar...

ma0ma0z
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MS View Post
    This is a loser mindset of Singaporeans. Those who need a bigger car to belittle a motorcycle rider has little achievement at the end of his life.

This culture will not be the same in Europe whereby motorcyclists are seen as rich people.

While on the German Autobahn, a fast motorcycle whizzing past you on the next lane will not be branded as a 'motorcyclist' but the nationality reflected on your EU Nr plate.

"Bloody Britons" My German friend remarked when a group of British bikers rode quickly past my car. But he was not affected when a group of riders bearing the 'D' letter on the plate rode past in the same manner.

It will take many many years for the public in Singapore who do not ride to accept that motorcycles also deserve a fair space on the road. And it is no use lamenting now. Rather, get yourself up the corporate ladder, own a more expensive continental car and buy a fast bike. You ride because you love the excitement and not because you do not have a choice. And I know some riders here are already doing that. When more and more riders are like that, the image will start to evolve.
    well .. i ride becoz i lyk it .. im on my way to a class 3 license too .. BUT .. owning a bike in sg is more than enuff .. look at the traffic jams .. PLUS .. the rising of petrol .. i agree tat some riders are **** up .. but doesnt mean tat all riders r lyk tat .. wat i ultimately wanna say is plz dun belittle riders .. our lifes r equally impt as compared to pple who owned "concealed" vehicle ..

pple often complains taxi drivers driving recklessly .. but WAT if u r the one sitting in the taxi ?? u wud say " uncle ah .. can drive faster ?? i rushing for time" .. changing the point of view .. pple complains tat riders r oways dangerous pple .. BUT wat if u r the rider .. will u feel happi ?? so cant all of us juz gif in a little bit .. everytink will be solved ..

for mi, i hate drivers .. y ?? they love to bully L-plates .. regardless of class3/class2b .. almost engage in accident during my class2b on road lesson .. they juz anyhow cut into my lane .. no signal, or anytink .. end up my instructor gotta help mi horn him .. coz i was shocked by tat ..

MS
    is celebrating life.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ma0ma0z View Post
    well .. i ride becoz i lyk it .. im on my way to a class 3 license too .. BUT .. owning a bike in sg is more than enuff .. look at the traffic jams .. PLUS .. the rising of petrol .. i agree tat some riders are **** up .. but doesnt mean tat all riders r lyk tat .. wat i ultimately wanna say is plz dun belittle riders .. our lifes r equally impt as compared to pple who owned "concealed" vehicle ..

pple often complains taxi drivers driving recklessly .. but WAT if u r the one sitting in the taxi ?? u wud say " uncle ah .. can drive faster ?? i rushing for time" .. changing the point of view .. pple complains tat riders r oways dangerous pple .. BUT wat if u r the rider .. will u feel happi ?? so cant all of us juz gif in a little bit .. everytink will be solved ..

for mi, i hate drivers .. y ?? they love to bully L-plates .. regardless of class3/class2b .. almost engage in accident during my class2b on road lesson .. they juz anyhow cut into my lane .. no signal, or anytink .. end up my instructor gotta help mi horn him .. coz i was shocked by tat ..

Hi thanks for your feedback. But you don't seem to catch my point. I am merely raising the brutal facts that bikers are discriminated compared to car owners. You have raised the point of rising cost of petrol that deterred riders from owning cars too. This exactly is the point that the general public look down upon riders. We ride because we cannot afford.

To the general public, bikers are inferior because they think that riders ride because we have no choice. As they think we cannot afford to buy cars to pay for the more expensive petrol. Which is not entirely true. Some may just don't like to drive or just don't feel like buying a car.

However as the vast majority are treating bikers as a 2nd class mode of transport even though unknowingly, the image has been tarnished. But if the rider's image becomes a 'leisure transport for the race track/highway', 'rich man's sport', how do you think the majority will look at you? this is the way the Europeans look at riders.

When my colleague was studying in Leeds, he came across someone reading up motorcycle magazines. Then, apparently a friend of this reader came up and remarked about the reader's wealth as he was intending to buy a motorcycle.

For instance, an expat caucasian riding on a Ducati 1098 gets knocked down at the junction by a reckless Vios driver. The driver upon getting off the car will be more cautious as he's dealing with a rich expat who had extra money to spend on a weekend motorcycle. He would've reacted differently compared to a young NS recruit riding a SP150.

Things must be viewed pro-actively. Make yourself immune to the discrimination so as to ride with a choice. I know there're also quite a number of bike owners here belong to the category of capable of making choices, they will likely share my thoughts.

Take care too.

Do Not Tailgate Me!

ma0ma0z
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi thanks for your feedback. But you don't seem to catch my point. I am merely raising the brutal facts that bikers are discriminated compared to car owners. You have raised the point of rising cost of petrol that deterred riders from owning cars too. This exactly is the point that the general public look down upon riders. We ride because we cannot afford.

To the general public, bikers are inferior because they think that riders ride because we have no choice. As they think we cannot afford to buy cars to pay for the more expensive petrol. Which is not entirely true. Some may just don't like to drive or just don't feel like buying a car.

However as the vast majority are treating bikers as a 2nd class mode of transport even though unknowingly, the image has been tarnished. But if the rider's image becomes a 'leisure transport for the race track/highway', 'rich man's sport', how do you think the majority will look at you? this is the way the Europeans look at riders.

When my colleague was studying in Leeds, he came across someone reading up motorcycle magazines. Then, apparently a friend of this reader came up and remarked about the reader's wealth as he was intending to buy a motorcycle.

For instance, an expat caucasian riding on a Ducati 1098 gets knocked down at the junction by a reckless Vios driver. The driver upon getting off the car will be more cautious as he's dealing with a rich expat who had extra money to spend on a weekend motorcycle. He would've reacted differently compared to a young NS recruit riding a SP150.

Things must be viewed pro-actively. Make yourself immune to the discrimination so as to ride with a choice. I know there're also quite a number of bike owners here belong to the category of capable of making choices, they will likely share my thoughts.

Take care too.
    well .. i wudnt realli abt wat they say abt us .. in terms of, " they cant own a car .. tats y they rides ".. but i juz dun lyk some pple's way of driving .. which endanger rider .. ^^ takecare too

bike4me
    Once a biker always a biker
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

after i went to Taiwan,i realise how screw up we guys can be so inconsiderate etc. If they dont drive fast the always goes to the most right lane (our left lane)
    But we tent to have tons of road hogger.Lets hope one day when they need to rush to where ever they got stuck my road hogger.

SparkerS1
    is not the only
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

drivers tend to think tat they inside a car more superior than bike cos they are 'protected' inside so they can anyhow driven anyhow cut lanes n tends to tailgate riders so tat riders will give drivers the way of right, they tend to do illegal u-turns etc without considerations to other motorist.
    this is my opinon lah, dun flame me for tat.

with increasing fuel, jams n ERP, wats better than riding a bike
    dun tell me walk or ride bicycle lah

Yamaha RXZ, Kawasaki ZX KR150, Yamaha Spark135, Honda CB400 REVO NC42, Suzuki DRZ400SMK8, Aprilia RS125, Suzuki GSXR600K9, Honda RS150R

Click on the bike models for Information/Servicing/Maintenance on Kawasaki KR150, Honda CB400 Revo, Suzuki DRZ400SM and Suzuki GSXR

Facebook HONDA CB400 REVO

Can't post a new thread ?? Read HERE

SBF Garage Sales Act ---> Read HERE

ma0ma0z
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SparkerS1 View Post
    drivers tend to think tat they inside a car more superior than bike cos they are 'protected' inside so they can anyhow driven anyhow cut lanes n tends to tailgate riders so tat riders will give drivers the way of right, they tend to do illegal u-turns etc without considerations to other motorist.
    this is my opinon lah, dun flame me for tat.

with increasing fuel, jams n ERP, wats better than riding a bike
    dun tell me walk or ride bicycle lah
    precisely .. not all riders cant own a "concealed vehicle" .. taking students as example, do u tink they cud realli own a car wif their own $$ ?? i dun realli tink so .. i dun mean cannot, but juz a little bit hard .. so lets go the budget way .. get a bike .. more than enuff ..

ghost04
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ma0ma0z View Post
    precisely .. not all riders cant own a "concealed vehicle" .. taking students as example, do u tink they cud realli own a car wif their own $$ ?? i dun realli tink so .. i dun mean cannot, but juz a little bit hard .. so lets go the budget way .. get a bike .. more than enuff ..
    then do u think its right for students to own a bike??
    they are STUDENTS they should be concentrating on studies.
    their $$ are for food n stationaries not to pay off bike installments.
    bike can come into the picture once they are working adults whose income can afford a bike.
    but if their parents are rich can buy them a personal transport then LL lor.

stay calm and carry on...

KwanYu
    has no status.
    Class 2
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bike can come into the picture once they are working adults whose income can afford a bike.
    There is no right or wrong for that....

if the student is financially sound. i don't see the reason why they should not own one if they find the need to. if u are financially unstable and struggles to own and maintain which, ultimately leads to affected studies then you should not own a bike.

The installment is temporary. once installment is cleared they are not very hard or expensive to maintain. (public transport aren't very cheap now adays with ever rising fares that narrows the gap between owning a bike and taking buses or MRT everyday)

i don't mean owning expensive or high maintenence bikes of course. a humble commuter bike will bring benefits, lots of them.

they become a tool for earning money when it comes to holidays.

Anyway, i juz dislike taking buses... MRT is fine.

Yongster
    - retired
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By saying spending money on food and stationaries, it seems that your concept of students are in the primary and secondary school stage..... in order to ride a bike in singapore, u must be at least above 18... that's at least during tertiary or JC eduction.... I dun see why students can't own a bike during that stage... I bought my 1st bike during tat stage as well... I did not take any money from my parents... I stopped taking allowances since last year of secondary school... I worked part time to get my money and earn what I want to spend on..... What's wrong with that?? Riding a bike and working part time doesn't mean i can't concentrate on my studies.... Even for working adults, it doesn't mean being financially sound..... u have more financial liabilities with more bills to pay.......
    "去哪兒???" ("Go where???")

Straight roads differentiate the rich and the poor
    Corners differentiate the boys and the men

MS
    is celebrating life.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ^kY^ View Post
    There is no right or wrong for that....

if the student is financially sound. i don't see the reason why they should not own one if they find the need to. if u are financially unstable and struggles to own and maintain which, ultimately leads to affected studies then you should not own a bike.

The installment is temporary. once installment is cleared they are not very hard or expensive to maintain. (public transport aren't very cheap now adays with ever rising fares that narrows the gap between owning a bike and taking buses or MRT everyday)

i don't mean owning expensive or high maintenence bikes of course. a humble commuter bike will bring benefits, lots of them.

they become a tool for earning money when it comes to holidays.

Anyway, i juz dislike taking buses... MRT is fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yongster View Post
    By saying spending money on food and stationaries, it seems that your concept of students are in the primary and secondary school stage..... in order to ride a bike in singapore, u must be at least above 18... that's at least during tertiary or JC eduction.... I dun see why students can't own a bike during that stage... I bought my 1st bike during tat stage as well... I did not take any money from my parents... I stopped taking allowances since last year of secondary school... I worked part time to get my money and earn what I want to spend on..... What's wrong with that?? Riding a bike and working part time doesn't mean i can't concentrate on my studies.... Even for working adults, it doesn't mean being financially sound..... u have more financial liabilities with more bills to pay.......
    Cool it...
    I believe ghost04 didn't specify. I think he's refering to those students who without any income insistantly buys a bike. Ending up in debts and having someone else clearing the debt for him. Almost 8 years ago I met 1 such person and he almost got me into trouble. It was a lesson learnt through the hard way. Fortunately the bike shop AS Phoon really knew their priorities, stick to their principles and demanded with a discerning mind from the right person to pay up. And I will really have to applaud Ghost04 for raising this part up.

Do Not Tailgate Me!

Metal Gear
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. Why shouldn't a student own a bike? Some of us may not be rich but that doesn't mean that we are entirely dependent on our parents to support our lifestyle. I completely agree with Yongster.
    Cool it...
    I believe ghost04 didn't specify. I think he's refering to those students who without any income insistantly buys a bike. Ending up in debts and having someone else clearing the debt for him.
    There are even working adults who fit your description too. If you ain't got the cash, it doesn't matter if you're a student or a 30-something worker, you better know what you're getting yourself into when you factor in the amount of money required to maintain a bike.
    Current Rides:
    FEB 07 -> NOV 08 [CBR 150]
    AUG 08 -> AUG 12 [XJR400]
    AUG 12 -> ??? [DUCATI MONSTER 696]

MS
    is celebrating life.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's why i said ghost04 didn't specify. Let's give him the benefit of the doubt. Of course i've seen students who own a bike comfortably. Working adults scrimp for a bike or even a car, always having to find the next sucker to COI. But there's no point firing at ghost for his remarks we aren't even sure if he meant hostility. Anyway let's not deviate too far from the topic.
    Discrimination against bikers in singapore is imminent because of the way pple categorize wealth icons.

Do Not Tailgate Me!

MUSHA
    Fazer
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As long as can afford, anyone with bike licence can own a bike.
    How time flies...

Big is certainly a warning but small can be downright scary! Never underestimate the effectiveness of small.

Kenneth.C
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just imagine how singaporean's perception will change if ministers one day promote the use or 2-wheelers as a economical mode of transport.

On 2nd thought, i rather not. they'll just look stupid on a bike on tv.

MS
    is celebrating life.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth.C View Post
    just imagine how singaporean's perception will change if ministers one day promote the use or 2-wheelers as a economical mode of transport.

On 2nd thought, i rather not. they'll just look stupid on a bike on tv.
    On top of that, how many ministers here have a bike licence?

Do Not Tailgate Me!

wait4me
    my friend's , friend is my enemy
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i heard a remark :" bike in singapore so cheap le still wanna ride in malaysia and pump"
    一路向北 4 EVER , my friend

daleful
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL at that. Im a student, waiting for my turn to take my lic, although many people told me that it is dangerous, I know that the bike will help me in many ways. A poly student have adult transit fares!

Come on, if people think students shouldn't own bikes, then no one should. Bikes are an economical alternative for us.

steel_headz
    is a Rider with a Smile always...
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So many road bullies on the roads.... The bikes especially are the prone victims......
    Rider Can Be Driver, But Driver Cannot Be Rider......

Cpt.ZR
    is more broke then usual
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wait4me View Post
    i heard a remark :" bike in singapore so cheap le still wanna ride in malaysia and pump"

most of the people who said that do not have bikes.

"so cheap ah? You buy one for me to see lor. pay the COI and petrol in SG lor. must pump Vpower only hor."

then see if they knn dare the still say that.

irregardless of 2 wheels or 4 wheels in SG, it is still quite a liability.. and sums to quite alot if u are talking about italy bikes. [Some SPs n KRs are problematic also ah.]

Quote Originally Posted by daleful View Post
    LOL at that. Im a student, waiting for my turn to take my lic, although many people told me that it is dangerous, I know that the bike will help me in many ways. A poly student have adult transit fares!

Come on, if people think students shouldn't own bikes, then no one should. Bikes are an economical alternative for us.

true.. but not too expensive bike lar. within budget i think its fine.
    There is no replacement for displacement, except for Ah Seng

damag3d
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by damag3d; 02-02-2009 at 07:13 PM.

binkaz
    IS SELLING A TABLE
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i can't stand bicycles in the middle of the road travelling with the traffic.. sorry but i'm discriminating against bicycles cuz they are putting themselves and other bikers at risk..

Wooo HoOOoOooooo~

y2k_forever_rock
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by binkaz View Post
    i can't stand bicycles in the middle of the road travelling with the traffic.. sorry but i'm discriminating against bicycles cuz they are putting themselves and other bikers at risk..
    Upz to this thread.. Very sorry to say, but I'm really very DISCRIMINATING towards bicycles..

When I was a pedestrian on pathway I have to give way to all these idiots when they come ring ring... Now I'm a rider/driver and I still gotta to give way to these tyrants?? Who the F they think they are?? Spore government gotta really do something man..

Ages ago we din have such problem.. But after so many "foreign talent" comes our government gives them this priviledge and u see so many bicycles on the road.. After sometime government sees them as road hoggers and dangerous therefore move them up to the pavement to ENDANGER pedestrians' lives..

Then now as time pass they more and more happily can occupy both pathways and roads..

Balls to u man idiotic cyclists...
    We the SAFE Riders, Pledged to ride SAFELY and STAY ALIVE!!!

JackOHJack
    ?
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by y2k_forever_rock View Post
    Upz to this thread.. Very sorry to say, but I'm really very DISCRIMINATING towards bicycles..

When I was a pedestrian on pathway I have to give way to all these idiots when they come ring ring... Now I'm a rider/driver and I still gotta to give way to these tyrants?? Who the F they think they are?? Spore government gotta really do something man..

Ages ago we din have such problem.. But after so many "foreign talent" comes our government gives them this priviledge and u see so many bicycles on the road.. After sometime government sees them as road hoggers and dangerous therefore move them up to the pavement to ENDANGER pedestrians' lives..

Then now as time pass they more and more happily can occupy both pathways and roads..

Balls to u man idiotic cyclists...
    take it easy la, its so easy to discriminate/ "bully" other road users perceived to be smaller than oneself. class 5 bully class 4 bully class 3 bully class 2 bully class 2A bully Class 2B bully bicycle bully pedestrian bully old and young pedestrian bully animals bully... ... ...
    Be Safe & Wreckless

Sin Ming Editor 1 day jail, $2k fine for pillion death!

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5326937&posted=1#post5326937

y2k_forever_rock
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol...Hahahaha....
    We the SAFE Riders, Pledged to ride SAFELY and STAY ALIVE!!!

Fire_Blade
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cyclists are entitled to use the road. They are actually not encouraged to use the pavements.

www.rideofsilence.org

Event: Ride of Silence Singapore
    Date: 20th May 2009
    Time: 7 p.m.
    Venue: Merlion Park
    Distance: 19 km (Merlion Park - City Hall - China Town - Holland Village - Orchard - Dohby Ghaut)

Join cyclists worldwide in a silent slow-paced ride (max. 12 mph/20 kph) in honor of those who have been injured or killed while cycling on public roadways.

Dress in white

Helmet madantory

For more information: rideofsilence.sg@gmail.com
    www.rideofsilence.org

How much space can a bicycle take up on the road? Only minority strays away from the sides and disturbs the traffic a little, majority don't pose much problems. Just a step on the accelerator or opening the throttle will get you pass them easily. I don't see any issue.

The problem is with the mentality of Singaporeans. The culture of the citizens make it such that cars have the piority on the road since;

1. They are faster (than bicycles and commercial vehicles technically)
    2. They are bigger (than motorbikes)

The worst reason is these people think they are big shots since they own a car. Add it on to the errant cabbies running on the road already, makes local roads such a challenge to ride, with or without engine.

Singaporeans need just a little more patience. Yet, the mentality of "He don't give way why should I do it first?" or "I give way he also won't appreciate" will always be in the souls of most road users. It's a far call from being a gracious society.

Personally, I cycle, ride and drive. It's disheartening from what I've observed.

Class 3 - 11 January 2006
    Geely C.K. (SGW *** J) - 07 June 2007
    Class 2B - 27 March 2008
    Honda NSR SP (FS **** G) - 28 March 2008

mild_slevin
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes we on the road still lack of the graciousness of giving way n patient.
    everyone just rushing.... pace too electrifying

we as a ryder got a part to play, signal early, do proper lane change etc... would definitely portray a better image of the ryder.
    bike is a machine without soul, rider would inject new life and character to this machine

Xiao Rou Yi Hao & "Colossal" 919

Sin Ming Editor got 1 DAY jailterm and $2000 fine for pillion death!
    Rally Point: http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5322898#post5322898

MUSHA
    Fazer
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mild_slevin View Post
    yes we on the road still lack of the graciousness of giving way n patient.
    everyone just rushing.... pace too electrifying

we as a ryder got a part to play, signal early, do proper lane change etc... would definitely portray a better image of the ryder.
    Agreed. Just witness a incident that a Spark135 just outside istana, squeezed thru traffic, when lights are red, all vehicles stopped, he is still squeezing thru and went past the stop line. The lights are RED, man. Putting this rider himself at extreme risk.
    How time flies...

Big is certainly a warning but small can be downright scary! Never underestimate the effectiveness of small.

Fire_Blade
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beating the red light and getting himself knocked? What's the point? I agree we riders have a part to play in that sense.

Class 3 - 11 January 2006
    Geely C.K. (SGW *** J) - 07 June 2007
    Class 2B - 27 March 2008
    Honda NSR SP (FS **** G) - 28 March 2008

MUSHA
    Fazer
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fire_Blade View Post
    Beating the red light and getting himself knocked? What's the point? I agree we riders have a part to play in that sense.
    Ya, man. Safety 1st ma... Even if he is in a hurry oso no excuse.
    How time flies...

the_young_once
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mos Def, strongly agree with this thread, biggest problem with motorcycling is the image in sgp--people (more so those who do not ride, have no friends who ride, and whose family got no riders) easily associate motorcycle with:
    - unruly (uncouth people better not to associate with)
    - cannot afford car
    - low class
    - dangerous young punks
    - list goes on,

but the biggest discrimination i feel is some malls parking do not allow motorcycles! what's worse, turn until going to the barrier already, then see the sign "no motorcycles allowed"---what is that supposed to mean? might as well "cars costing less than S$150k not allowed", that is my biggest beef! motorcycles are a well valid mode of transport too, why discriminated against?
    Safety first, danger second

8ndrew
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Land Transport System in this country is screwed up big time. Everything is wrong from the root. Money is the root of the problem,. I bet if motorcylces are to be more expensive than cars, there will definitely be more motorcycles on the roads in 10 years.

rodman74
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think owning a bike is a good investment. meaning to have a form of transportation to maximise the time in order to exchange for more time and chances to earn money. Student own a bike to go sch and maybe work part time after sch. Me doing a office job and my bike send me to do my freelance job after tt. If those ppl who drive think tt by owning a car they feel tt they r greater than us. i guess they r wrong. Not much of them OWN a car . They take LOAN to buy a car. how much spare cash do they left with after paying for the car loan and petrol??? i believe MORE BIKER OWN THEIR OWN RIDE...2 cents comment. Lastly, I LOVE MY BIKE.

crazydj
    is the Master of Magical Fuel Penguins
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You know everyday when i go to work, i see Falali, Vovo sometimes also Lumbo. But i am still a happi man and smile. WHY?

Because they stuck in massive traffic jam i can zoom past them blow blow throtttle back at them when they try to action haha! Gosh how can anyone not love bikes and their unique ability to lanesplit? Its like flying but on 2 wheels. Hehe.
    [2005 Yamaha YBR 125]

MS
    is celebrating life.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember many years back after parking my cheap TA150 outside a church inside a little space, someone told me to park my bike elsewhere. There were numerous cars inside the church and parking was scarce. Then my gf told the church usher that he's discriminating us because we're riding. The usher jumped to the defence that he was merely worried that my hot exhaust will burn the kids. We were late and most people were already inside and that explains the lack of space. Kids running amok next to my puny bike with the exhaust still hot will be almost impossible. And it will be the same problem if I park it away from the church along the pavement elsewhere. But indeed, discrimination against bikers is a problem in Singapore. What can we do? We will give ourselves choices. We can drive and ride. When we ride, the people discriminate ourselves. Little did they know that the one they look down on also drives something that they want. So now... who's the @#$%?

Do Not Tailgate Me!

fleas
    ftw
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember many years back after parking my cheap TA150 outside a church inside a little space, someone told me to park my bike elsewhere. There were numerous cars inside the church and parking was scarce. Then my gf told the church usher that he's discriminating us because we're riding. The usher jumped to the defence that he was merely worried that my hot exhaust will burn the kids. We were late and most people were already inside and that explains the lack of space. Kids running amok next to my puny bike with the exhaust still hot will be almost impossible. And it will be the same problem if I park it away from the church along the pavement elsewhere. But indeed, discrimination against bikers is a problem in Singapore. What can we do? We will give ourselves choices. We can drive and ride. When we ride, the people discriminate ourselves. Little did they know that the one they look down on also drives something that they want. So now... who's the @#$%?
    this one abit hard to say, kids in church are more playful and parents don't really watch over them assuming that the church areas are safe for them to run around freely.

So that may not be discrimination unless u park some deserted corner then that probably is discrimination :>

crazydj
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You know we don't see this kind of thing at the temple or the mosque. If got like big event like Deepavali or Muslim Friday prayers, wah can see they "stack" the bike and i never thought that it was even possible!
    [2005 Yamaha YBR 125]

MS
    is celebrating life.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fleas View Post
    this one abit hard to say, kids in church are more playful and parents don't really watch over them assuming that the church areas are safe for them to run around freely. So that may not be discrimination unless u park some deserted corner then that probably is discrimination :>
    The location was outside the church. There's this little space where I can park the bike without blocking the main pavement. Parking further down will mean I have to park along the pavement and chances of it hurting someone will be significantly increased.

Quote Originally Posted by crazydj View Post
    You know we don't see this kind of thing at the temple or the mosque. If got like big event like Deepavali or Muslim Friday prayers, wah can see they "stack" the bike and i never thought that it was even possible!
    This is because Churches are now more defined as the religion for the highly educated and well to do people. That explains the condescending attitude that course through the handling mentality of many Christians who fall in this category. Of course, there are exceptions.

Do Not Tailgate Me!

Phang
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got stopped by a new security guard at the entrance of my place a few months ago when I came back from riding on a Kawasaki W400.

Usually I will nod to the security guards and they will raise the barrier for me, we have less than 20 bikes out of 750+ units here so they (old birds) know I am the resident.

This new security guard, before I can lift up my full face helmet visor he asked:

“Delivery ah?”

I shook my head

“Contractor ah”

I shook my head again

He frowned and asked:

“Visitor ah?”

I lifted up my visor and told him nicely that I am the resident and he raised the barrier for me after some verification.

Obviously he is doing his job but the sequence of his probing questions to a biker reflected how the public view the motorcycles and motorcyclists.

I have seen many times the security guards raised the barrier for visitors driving Mar-Si-Lee and Bee Em without going through the proper procedures set by the management office.

This is discrimination

rodman74
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe next time can try with a Bee Em bike

fleas
    ftw
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well that sucks

crazydj
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phang View Post
    I got stopped by a new security guard at the entrance of my place a few months ago when I came back from riding on a Kawasaki W400.

Usually I will nod to the security guards and they will raise the barrier for me, we have less than 20 bikes out of 750+ units here so they (old birds) know I am the resident.

This new security guard, before I can lift up my full face helmet visor he asked:

“Delivery ah?”

I shook my head

“Contractor ah”

I shook my head again

He frowned and asked:

“Visitor ah?”

I lifted up my visor and told him nicely that I am the resident and he raised the barrier for me after some verification.

Obviously he is doing his job but the sequence of his probing questions to a biker reflected how the public view the motorcycles and motorcyclists.

I have seen many times the security guards raised the barrier for visitors driving Mar-Si-Lee and Bee Em without going through the proper procedures set by the management office.

This is discrimination
    Oh i get that alot! When i ride my YBR to my friend's condo with my big big box. Security guard say, "Delivery ah?"

"Yah! Where this unit ah? Got thing to deliver. Urgent." I reply in the most apek tone i could do.

I just entertain them. After a while i realised that "delivery boy" got more access than "visitor".
    [2005 Yamaha YBR 125]

Tyrian
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Think of it this way guys!!

Why there is discrinination towards bikers is probably due to jealousy!!

They are jealous they can't ride a bicycle

They are jealous they can't be a pillion

They are jealous that their age old parents disallowed them to ride a bicycle.

They are just birds who dare to travel with their cage on!!

Why bother about them when i noe i reaches my destination faster than them and yet pay much less?

Think as if we are the smarter and superior intelligent human beings than those monkeys that view bikers as a 2nd rated citizen.

Change your perspective and it can change your life.
    05.04 - 08.04: Honda Wave S (FV)
    08.04 - 05.09: Honda Version S (FP)
    09.08 - 08.10: Honda ESi 4dr (SBV)
    04.11 - 02.12: Ducati 749 (FY)
    05.09 - 07.14: Honda Wave X (FBD)
    07.14 - 09.15: Yamaha Tmax 530 (FBH)
    11.13 - 09.15: Honda City (SGA)

09.15 - Current: Honda Jazz (SKV)

cougar
    wears a pilot style helmet
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrian View Post
    Think of it this way guys!!

Why there is discrinination towards bikers is probably due to jealousy!!

They are jealous they can't ride a bicycle

They are jealous they can't be a pillion

They are jealous that their age old parents disallowed them to ride a bicycle.

They are just birds who dare to travel with their cage on!!

Why bother about them when i noe i reaches my destination faster than them and yet pay much less?

Think as if we are the smarter and superior intelligent human beings than those monkeys that view bikers as a 2nd rated citizen.

Change your perspective and it can change your life.
    I agree with you, but you cant change ignorant people. And ignorant people cant see what you see. So we have to be wiser and cant be bother with ignorant people.
    Bike is another means of transport, CEOs, ah peks all ride bikes. There's nothing to do with poverty or look down on. Mgt or people who discriminate bikes are basing on profile of riders majority, so those of you who made it rich, dont give up your bikes, continue riding and boycott those stupid establishments. Must really have a wave of bikers movement to change the whole nation sia.
    Last edited by cougar; 10-11-2009 at 11:00 AM.

*人 在 江 湖 *敲 锣 打 鼓 *

嘴讲兰派爽! The World would be a better place if karma exists.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast