Hi, Guys & Gals:
For those who are interested in racing, below are the tips on getting SMSA license in order to take part legally for race events conducted locally or overseas.
Fees are as follows:
1. Entrance Fee (One Time Payment) - S$80
2. New Ordinary & Renewal Membership - S$ 40.00 / Year
3. Race License - Depending on class / catergory applying for.
Steps to apply:
A. Application for SMSA MEMBERSHIP
1. Bring along 2 x passport size photograph.
2. Go to SMSA @
Singapore Motor Sports Association,
20 Maxwell Road,
#10-18 Maxwell House
3. Fill in the form as provided by Janet.
B. Application for RACE LICENSE
1. Fill in form as provided by Janet.
2. Take Medical Record log from Janet and see a doc of your choice for annual checkup & Tetanus Jab.
3. Bring the Medical Record log to Janet.
4. Pay for race license and your race license will be sent to u by post.
C. Steps in Taking part in RACE if you are a member of SMSA holding valid RACE LICENSE.
1. Must take note that the race must be SANCTIONED by SMSA or affliated FMNs, ie AAM.
2. Read SR of race. SR provides you with the race schedule, date / time / place of a race. It also provides you with rules & regulations, DOs & DON'Ts, restrictions... etc.
3. The class which you are taking part must be the class which you applied for in your race license, ie SUPERMOTARD = Dirt Bike & Motorcross class as indicated in your race license.
4. Go down to the place as indicated in the SR to fill in participation form, idemity form and pay money for the race.
5. Make sure your race license is valid. If it is not, u must go down to SMSA at address as indicated above to renew your licenses. There are some cases of license not able to be handed over to u on the day of renewal or application. U can show the receipt to proof when registration for race.
** Pls take note that there are 2 different things to apply. 1 is for SMSA Membership, 2 is for Race license. U must be a SMSA member before you can apply for race license.
*** If u just want to be a member of SMSA, u can just apply for SMSA membership. There are SMSA events where u can participate like SMSA AGM, where u have voting rights too. But pls take note you have to renew it annually. Calender date for SMSA is 1st of Jan - 31 Dec every year. A reminder letter will be sent by post to renew.
**** If u wanna race overseas, ie PG or Sepang, u need to purchase race insurance.