admin
    has no status.
    Administrator
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear members, can we have a feel of this section based on the polled result. Kindly let us know yr views as to how this section should transform itself to be informative to our forumers.

Thanks in advance for yr valuable feedback and comment.

rhema83
    loves his V4!
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unfortunately, there is some overlap between this section and the various other model-specific threads on other sections (eg Sportbikes). I believe some members are unsure of where to go to ask technical and spec questions. I humbly suggest a cleanup of this section and keep discussions here to specs only. It is really hard to keep reviews and technical questions apart, so they can be posted in model-specific threads in other sections.
    RXZ NSR150SP SV650 CBR400RR GSXR1000 FZ6S VFR800 CBR1000RR R1200GS
    Galant ES 2.4A Civic Si 2.0A

boofeng
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think one of the problems is not having a section for tourers and sport tourers. many of them end up using this "Specs and Review" forum for their model-specific thread which actually serve a wide variety of functions including chit-chat, arranging road-trips and social gatherings, discussion of and mass order of accessories and mods, discussion of basic DIY, workshop/mechanic recommendations, etc, specific to their bike model (or in short, "do-it-all" threads). (i'm thinking of the FJR, TDM, Diversion, ST11, Varadero, and the BMW and big KTMs)

this style of forumming, of having one thread to serve all issues of one model (or model series), is popular throughout SBF in the other forums for sportsbikes, naked bikes, scooters, cruisers, etc... so maybe if there is one for tourers they wouldn't do it here in the specs and reviews threads.

another problem is that which Rhema83 brought up. riders of certain bike models which fit nicely into currently existing forums (e.g. the ZXR400, CBR600s, Pulsar, etc threads from here, among others, can fit nicely into either the Sportsbike or Naked Bike forums) have decided to establish their "do-it-all" thread here in Bike Specs & Reviews. perhaps moderators should look into the content of such threads, and re-settle them in forums they fit more appropriately in?

i guess that most of these threads happen because many riders join the thread as prospective owners, reading and discussing specs and reviews, and after they buy the bike they stay on in the thread because all their kakis are there.

what can be done is that moderators watch out for such cases regularly, and immediately advise each model community to start a proper "do-it-all" thread in the appropriate forum for their bike, once it starts to go "off-topic". the specs and reviews thread can remain, but should only be used for discussion of specs and reviews. this will keep bike specs and reviews for specs and reviews, and other functions in other threads.

maybe sticky guidelines can be used to guide forummers as to what kind of information to talk about here, and what to go elsewhere for.

omnislash
    is Cloud Strife's ultimate Limit Break.
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just wanna highlight that if you ever do an improvement, pls bear in mind that a lot of bikers have their model specific thread in here and its the only place where they communicate and organise activities. I hope these threads will not be lost.

Biting on the fray of my hair, I muse upon the way to find the oasis of evermore beyond the vertical horizon, I shall join the windupdeads in owl city, neither my safetysuit nor my red jumpsuit apparatus can save me, cuz I mistook a death cab for cutie in plain white T's...

hideyoshi13
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think there are too many threads and too little organisation.

i think people aren't making use of edit features in threads... thread starters should edit the first threads so that newbies and the like don't have to read thru huge number of pages to get the information.

this tends to lead to people asking questions that have already been asked, starting new and needless threads. wasting bandwidth storage space etc etc.

that being said theres a wealth of information... it just needs to be consolidated.

cheers.

Tourer
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was looking up for Bike specs information to specific bikes. But I realised that most threads in Bike Specs & Reviews section are chit-chatting threads, ended up finding nothing. Maybe the moderators can work on that.

mikeyspice
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with Tourer. I also came to this part of the site looking for some technical information about my Shadow. While I enjoyed some of the discussions in the threads it still didn't provide me with the information that I was originally looking for. Additionally, I'd also be interested to see a section/thread on where we can find user manuals for our bikes.

NL27
    Bikerz united
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i came to this site hoping to find back an old thread which includes many bikes model specs but now this section is like a mess and cant really find something useful. having a hard time finding those info i need
    YoUr GrEaTeST GLorY DoEsn'T CoNsIsT iN NeVeR FaLLinG. BuT RiSinG EvErYTiME YoU FaLL.

curiously always
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi any cub riders there .. can u explain to me the specs of x1r,spark and wave plz ... i nid to noe whether it has clutch? how's the gearshift? if step down meaning going up gear or .. wat? u noe? then ... i notice there's an xtra gear pedal at the heel area .. wats that for? ... then ... which is better economically? better or easier to maintain? raftlly how much is ''on road'' price?? .. i'm really blur bout this .. plz help any kind ppl out there ... help!

bente9
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by hideyoshi13 View Post
    i think there are too many threads and too little organisation.

i think people aren't making use of edit features in threads... thread starters should edit the first threads so that newbies and the like don't have to read thru huge number of pages to get the information.

this tends to lead to people asking questions that have already been asked, starting new and needless threads. wasting bandwidth storage space etc etc.

that being said theres a wealth of information... it just needs to be consolidated.

cheers.

this guy makes a point,

STAND ALONE

joker888
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy manual

Can anyone help me find where to download owner's manual & service repair manual for honda cb400 hyper vtec spec3 ?

javier83
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice information

blade101
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am a new member here. But pls visit our homepage URL through my Signature and URL Link....
    http://skbesq.com]attorney in california
    http://skbesq.com]lawyer in california
    http://skbesq.com]california criminal attorneys

hondacg
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

VINTAGE CG125 BRO need some info from u guys.. my bike seem to be choke especially during heavy rain. and it went totally flat. does anybody had this problem..

gold5298
    gold5298
    has no status.
    Edit

Danica Molly
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Bike Specs & Reviews?

Hello.......

I like this site - use it a lot for motorcycle specs and it also has high-mile reviews on most bikes. You can find any make, model and year going a long way back. They give all the standard spec information (mpg, speed, 0-60, torque and power, etc) but also reviews which often come from magazines and/or include links to online reviews.

There are plenty of others out there, but this one is well set up and comprehensive.

Facebook apps

FayK7
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where are the bike reviews?

macro123
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello every one my name is macro and i am from Singapore...

RoseJacobson
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello everyone I am from UK. Your post is really informative.
    cbr900rr fairings

laneige
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default came to this site

I came to this site in the hope of finding an old thread, which included many bicycle model specifications, although I liked some thread of discussion, it still did not provide me with the information I was looking for.
    Good Honda bike in my well life http://1030am.com/cosmetics/laneige.html

sumiphuc
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hera
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Many cyclists have their own specific models of the thread in the only place here.
    Great Honda accompany for a lifetime hera singapore http://1030am.com/brands/hera.html
    http://1030am.com/brands/snp.html