User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 51 to 91 of 91

Thread: Jehovah's Witnesses

  1. #51
    Nicholai
    wants to conquer the world!
    TeePee Nicholai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Munchen, Deutschland
    Posts
    2,825
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Rockytree View Post
    JW is a ****ed up religion.

    i had a serious n firece run in wif them involving my ex-sis n my dad's funeral.

    they are a fxxxed up misguided bunch of idiots.

    report them to e police if possible and eradiacte any of their cell meetings if known. I repeat they are fxxxed up ignorant fools.

    do not let them cross my path ever..**** JW.
    That sounds bad, man. Were they not respecting your late dad? Sorry to hear that.

  2. #52
    ops-fd
    has no status.
    Class 2B ops-fd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    on thin ice
    Posts
    495
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by juvena View Post
    I have a Jehovah Witness friend. Now he is serving time in DB for 3.5 years.

    he's a very promising student, top in school and all. wasted!
    singapore still got J.V meh...? i thought it dosen exist any more since the day gov band it?


    1 2 3 4 5 TESTING TESTING .......HELP STOP ANIMAL TESTING..1 2 3 4 5....TESTING TESTING.. ONE LIFE GONE

     

     
  3. #53
    Echo
    has no status.
    SBF Scooters
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,570
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i heard that there is a hiding gathering place somewhere in town area from a pastor before. Only God knows what they are doing now..

    Just steer clear of this religion and certain other denominations in singapore.. was working in a christian bookstore for 5 years of my life, i do know a thing or two about all these though.

  4. #54
    ops-fd
    has no status.
    Class 2B ops-fd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    on thin ice
    Posts
    495
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adr82 View Post
    i heard that there is a hiding gathering place somewhere in town area from a pastor before. Only God knows what they are doing now..

    Just steer clear of this religion and certain other denominations in singapore.. was working in a christian bookstore for 5 years of my life, i do know a thing or two about all these though.
    ah yo when will they wake up


    1 2 3 4 5 TESTING TESTING .......HELP STOP ANIMAL TESTING..1 2 3 4 5....TESTING TESTING.. ONE LIFE GONE

  5. #55
    Demon
    has no status.
    SBF Lacer Demon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    6,223
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Jehovah's Witnesses (JW), and Mormons are being practice in Singapore. Due to some of their beliefs, they are not recognised by the Singapore government as in that they have no official status because they cannot be registered as a society.

    Michael Jackson is a JW, and The Osmons are Mormons.

    During my time, enlistees who are certified JW or Mormons will be detained in DB. But they were separated from other detainees, and even they were clothed differently. They are treated very much better than regular detainees.

    Normal detainees wore yellow T-shirt and blue shorts with word "DETAINEE" printed on the buttock areas. No underwears and socks allowed. They ate with one hand behind their back, and their eating time is fixed, too bad if you were a slow eater. Their PT session was a torture, designed to wear them down, probably even a Commando.

    Religion detainees were not subject to those regime. They can ave books, I think even wear a watch, and received visitors.

    Once these religion detainees have done their time, they are given a "Dishonourable Discharge", and carried no NS liability, no IPPT, no open mob.

    JW, and Mormons are normal people like all of us, and you definitely can't spot them. They are considered a "threat" to singapore national security because they can't recite pledge, sing national anthem, don uniform, and bear arms. Mormons have diet restriction, like no alcohol, drink only juice and milk.

    Another Christian denomination that has more restrictions but is recognised in Singapore is the Church of the Seventh Day Adventist


  6. #56
    ops-fd
    has no status.
    Class 2B ops-fd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    on thin ice
    Posts
    495
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Demon View Post
    Jehovah's Witnesses (JW), and Mormons are being practice in Singapore. Due to some of their beliefs, they are not recognised by the Singapore government as in that they have no official status because they cannot be registered as a society.

    Michael Jackson is a JW, and The Osmons are Mormons.

    During my time, enlistees who are certified JW or Mormons will be detained in DB. But they were separated from other detainees, and even they were clothed differently. They are treated very much better than regular detainees.

    Normal detainees wore yellow T-shirt and blue shorts with word "DETAINEE" printed on the buttock areas. No underwears and socks allowed. They ate with one hand behind their back, and their eating time is fixed, too bad if you were a slow eater. Their PT session was a torture, designed to wear them down, probably even a Commando.

    Religion detainees were not subject to those regime. They can ave books, I think even wear a watch, and received visitors.

    Once these religion detainees have done their time, they are given a "Dishonourable Discharge", and carried no NS liability, no IPPT, no open mob.

    JW, and Mormons are normal people like all of us, and you definitely can't spot them. They are considered a "threat" to singapore national security because they can't recite pledge, sing national anthem, don uniform, and bear arms. Mormons have diet restriction, like no alcohol, drink only juice and milk.

    Another Christian denomination that has more restrictions but is recognised in Singapore is the Church of the Seventh Day Adventist

    humm interesting, never heard of mormon before.. able to eliberate on it more... and seven day got wat restriction??


    1 2 3 4 5 TESTING TESTING .......HELP STOP ANIMAL TESTING..1 2 3 4 5....TESTING TESTING.. ONE LIFE GONE

  7. #57
    hellsfury
    has no status.
    TeePee hellsfury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    3,395
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i got 1 childhood fren who i recently found out was a mormon. anyway he served ns, cos he declared he was a christian. he behaved like every1 else did, nothin special or weird bout him, but was obligated by the mormon church to serve in taiwan(ironically after ns) for 2 yrs, wearing the white shirt n black pants carrying bible n preaching to the taiwanese. im sure many of u have seen the ang moh mormons wearing white shirt black pant n tie carrying bible spreading their gospel in sg. i also encountered 2 of them in the mountains of taiwan when i was training during ns. seems that its common for most males to spent 2 yrs in a foreign 3rd world or "unreached" country to preach there n spread the word.
    FU2***L NSR 150 SP Pramac (RIP)
    FBB 1***H Spark 135 Lmt Ed (RIP)
    FZ4***B Aprilia RS125 (RIP)
    FT3***J S4 Spec1 (RIP)
    FG7***E RXZ (RIP)
    FBD***** YZF-R1 (RIP)
    FBD8***D YZF-R6 (RIP)

  8. #58
    Demon
    has no status.
    SBF Lacer Demon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    6,223
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hellsfury View Post
    i got 1 childhood fren who i recently found out was a mormon. anyway he served ns, cos he declared he was a christian. he behaved like every1 else did, nothin special or weird bout him, but was obligated by the mormon church to serve in taiwan(ironically after ns) for 2 yrs, wearing the white shirt n black pants carrying bible n preaching to the taiwanese. im sure many of u have seen the ang moh mormons wearing white shirt black pant n tie carrying bible spreading their gospel in sg. i also encountered 2 of them in the mountains of taiwan when i was training during ns. seems that its common for most males to spent 2 yrs in a foreign 3rd world or "unreached" country to preach there n spread the word.
    They are also spreading their faith in Hong Kong. Last year, after coming out of the Central MTR station, I was approached by two Caucasians whose appearance were exactly what you described "wearing white shirt n black pants carrying bible". What surprised me more was that they spoke Cantonese flawlessly, with exact diction and pronunciation.

    Since I was curious, I interacted with them to find out more about Mormons. Essentially, Mormons believe in the Bible, but their reliance is on the Book of Mormon.


  9. #59
    cxz6666
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    56
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    So, is scientology legal in Singapore?

  10. #60
    Demon
    has no status.
    SBF Lacer Demon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    6,223
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cxz6666 View Post
    So, is scientology legal in Singapore?
    You mean the Church of Scientology, with celebrity Scientologists Tom Cruise ?

    They are not legal because they have yet to apply for a registration with the Registry of Societies.


  11. #61
    ops-fd
    has no status.
    Class 2B ops-fd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    on thin ice
    Posts
    495
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Demon View Post
    You mean the Church of Scientology, with celebrity Scientologists Tom Cruise ?

    They are not legal because they have yet to apply for a registration with the Registry of Societies.

    wah this one another religion huh?? wat they preach??


    1 2 3 4 5 TESTING TESTING .......HELP STOP ANIMAL TESTING..1 2 3 4 5....TESTING TESTING.. ONE LIFE GONE

     

     
  12. #62
    limpeiwah
    limpeiwah
    has no status.
    Edit
    Guest

    Default

    Mother dies after refusing blood
    A young mother died after giving birth to twins because her Jehovah's Witness faith prevented her from accepting a blood transfusion, it has emerged.

    Emma Gough, 22, from Telford, Shropshire, gave birth at the Royal Shrewsbury Hospital on 25 October.

    Just hours later, complications set in - but because of Mrs Gough's faith, doctors were powerless to save her.

    Terry Lovejoy, spokesman for Jehovah's Witnesses in Telford, said: "We share the family's very real grief."

    'Risk of death'

    Mr Lovejoy, who is in contact with the family, said he didn't want to comment further until the full facts had emerged and a hospital review had taken place.

    The twins, who are healthy, are being cared for by their father, Anthony Gough, 24.

    Jehovah's Witnesses refuse blood transfusions because they believe that God has forbidden it in the Bible. They believe that accepting a blood transfusion is a sin.

    Mr Lovejoy said: "We follow the Bible and abstain from blood and I've no reason to believe Emma felt any differently."

    Head of Science and Ethics at the British Medical Association, Dr Vivienne Nathanson, said: "If somebody believes that having blood will excommunicate them from their religious beliefs, then they will often say no and accept the risk of death."

  13. #63
    ops-fd
    has no status.
    Class 2B ops-fd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    on thin ice
    Posts
    495
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by limpeiwah View Post
    Mother dies after refusing blood
    A young mother died after giving birth to twins because her Jehovah's Witness faith prevented her from accepting a blood transfusion, it has emerged.

    Emma Gough, 22, from Telford, Shropshire, gave birth at the Royal Shrewsbury Hospital on 25 October.

    Just hours later, complications set in - but because of Mrs Gough's faith, doctors were powerless to save her.

    Terry Lovejoy, spokesman for Jehovah's Witnesses in Telford, said: "We share the family's very real grief."

    'Risk of death'

    Mr Lovejoy, who is in contact with the family, said he didn't want to comment further until the full facts had emerged and a hospital review had taken place.

    The twins, who are healthy, are being cared for by their father, Anthony Gough, 24.

    Jehovah's Witnesses refuse blood transfusions because they believe that God has forbidden it in the Bible. They believe that accepting a blood transfusion is a sin.

    Mr Lovejoy said: "We follow the Bible and abstain from blood and I've no reason to believe Emma felt any differently."

    Head of Science and Ethics at the British Medical Association, Dr Vivienne Nathanson, said: "If somebody believes that having blood will excommunicate them from their religious beliefs, then they will often say no and accept the risk of death."

    wha, chim leh... i dun remember bible got say that... their's is wat bible??


    1 2 3 4 5 TESTING TESTING .......HELP STOP ANIMAL TESTING..1 2 3 4 5....TESTING TESTING.. ONE LIFE GONE

  14. #64
    Echo
    has no status.
    SBF Scooters
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,570
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    they are living by old testament i think

  15. #65
    roseonfire
    sad
    SBF Lacer
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5,834
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    They dun seek medical treatment coz its against their beliefs or something. Heard in school

  16. #66
    ops-fd
    has no status.
    Class 2B ops-fd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    on thin ice
    Posts
    495
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ladyrider View Post
    They dun seek medical treatment coz its against their beliefs or something. Heard in school
    humm, i dun think any religion will teach such things, but good to know.. anyone can elabrate more on this ?


    1 2 3 4 5 TESTING TESTING .......HELP STOP ANIMAL TESTING..1 2 3 4 5....TESTING TESTING.. ONE LIFE GONE

  17. #67
    Demon
    has no status.
    SBF Lacer Demon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    6,223
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adr82 View Post
    they are living by old testament i think

    The only Christianity that relies solely on the old testament is Judaism. They do not believe that Jesus is the Messiah.


  18. #68
    roseonfire
    sad
    SBF Lacer
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5,834
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ops-fd View Post
    humm, i dun think any religion will teach such things, but good to know.. anyone can elabrate more on this ?
    I WAS REferring to the blood transfusion... Like d case mentioned about.. I read abt it in my law case.. R v Blaue.. A case abt a lady dyin coz she refused to have blood transfusion.

  19. #69
    ops-fd
    has no status.
    Class 2B ops-fd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    on thin ice
    Posts
    495
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ladyrider View Post
    I WAS REferring to the blood transfusion... Like d case mentioned about.. I read abt it in my law case.. R v Blaue.. A case abt a lady dyin coz she refused to have blood transfusion.
    oh, so you are a lawyer..?? then is there any case on religion abuse on animals?


    1 2 3 4 5 TESTING TESTING .......HELP STOP ANIMAL TESTING..1 2 3 4 5....TESTING TESTING.. ONE LIFE GONE

  20. #70
    EJ
    Nothing but the Max
    TeePee
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Singapura, Yishun
    Posts
    3,672
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i've met JW detainees during my lobo NS days at the detention barracks. to me, they're normal human beings but with different beliefs, thats all. the work they did during the day is sweep along the corridors, attend to the CSM's pond behind the admin building, help out the auntie at the mess during break times, give us cheap hair cuts (i remembered paying $1 for it).

    me, being a lobo, was tasked to do some paper shredding at the admin office and while doing that, i made a big mess in the office. as usual, the CSM made noise and told me to get a broom and dustpan to clear the sh*t. cheif clerk told me to find the "brother" (what those JWs were addressed there). i got hold of one and told him i needed a broom and dustpan. i followed him to his store room. and he helped me out with the clean up.

    he was addressing me Sir when i'm only a chao blur private, he opened all the doors that were in my way and never looked me in the eye when i talked to him. he only looked down as though i'm his superior. feel abit sad for him but i got to agree, the treatment they recieve in DB is more than 300% better than those yellow tee detainees. their free time normally, i see them reading novels or just attending to the CSM's fishes.

    that was in 2003. don't know about now, though.
    rien d'autre que le max.

  21. #71
    limpeiwah
    limpeiwah
    has no status.
    Edit
    Guest

    Default

    Jehovah's Witness is BANNED.

     

     
  22. #72
    ops-fd
    has no status.
    Class 2B ops-fd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    on thin ice
    Posts
    495
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    there are still survival around


    1 2 3 4 5 TESTING TESTING .......HELP STOP ANIMAL TESTING..1 2 3 4 5....TESTING TESTING.. ONE LIFE GONE

  23. #73
    Masteruten
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Reply to question

    Quote Originally Posted by Mathsboy View Post
    Anyone knows about Jehovah's Witnesses?
    I met them recently.
    Can someone give me their opinions and what they know about them?
    Hi Mathsboy,

    First of all this religion exists even before Singapore was born. This is very legal in 235 countries and it's just with so so status countries that banned this religion. Singapore is not a christian country and that's the reason why they are not really known, check this out kazakhstan (wikepedia), Jehovah's Witnesses or JW's are more than the Roman Catholic they are fast growing their member's retention is very high ( which means once you are inn you'll stick ). These people are peace loving, they don't put swords or guns to kill other just like what Jesus did when he was on earth. They believed that the only savior to earth is Jehovah ( e.g. Psalm 83:18, Exodus 6:2 ). They solely based their beliefs in the Bible. They have their own translation of Bible ( NWT ) but did not screw the KJ versioin but did corrections and they can always return to KJ version if the person their talking wants his own bible to be used ( no big issue ).

    They are ordinary persons, they work as carpenter, mason, programmer, engineers, doctors, laweyers, laborers, shoe repairer etc. but not as beggar ( prohibited, begging is lazyness in the bible ) and most of all not as SOLDIER ( Soldiers are train to kill people right ? ) and it's against God's Law. Even they are busy with their work, they make sure that they do time to preach ( it is their obligations ), and it Jesus instruction in the bible )

    They follow high standards in morality since they follow bible, committing sins such as fornication, adultery others are reasons for you to be fired out of religion for discipline ( you can return if you repent and correct your wrongdoings )

    Some people think they are crazy because of blood issue, transfusion even if it could cause them death. Again, this is in the bible to abstain from blood, having a blood transfusion doesn't mean you'll live but again following God's order is more important. Check this out in the USA, there are now hospitals in the USA that doesn't use blood transfusion with lots of benefits and advantages check this link

    http://www.woai.com/mediacenter/loca...om&navCatId=14

    There's a lot more to say on them, I read a lot of their articles ( Awake and Watchtower ) and their books, these people are great, it's just because that they don't serve NS in Singapore, the main reason why they are banned, other than that I think they are more useful and peaceful than others.

    I hope Singapore would provide them alternative work service rather than Military Service.

  24. #74
    Masteruten
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EJ View Post
    i've met JW detainees during my lobo NS days at the detention barracks. to me, they're normal human beings but with different beliefs, thats all. the work they did during the day is sweep along the corridors, attend to the CSM's pond behind the admin building, help out the auntie at the mess during break times, give us cheap hair cuts (i remembered paying $1 for it).

    me, being a lobo, was tasked to do some paper shredding at the admin office and while doing that, i made a big mess in the office. as usual, the CSM made noise and told me to get a broom and dustpan to clear the sh*t. cheif clerk told me to find the "brother" (what those JWs were addressed there). i got hold of one and told him i needed a broom and dustpan. i followed him to his store room. and he helped me out with the clean up.

    he was addressing me Sir when i'm only a chao blur private, he opened all the doors that were in my way and never looked me in the eye when i talked to him. he only looked down as though i'm his superior. feel abit sad for him but i got to agree, the treatment they recieve in DB is more than 300% better than those yellow tee detainees. their free time normally, i see them reading novels or just attending to the CSM's fishes.

    that was in 2003. don't know about now, though.
    They were born in a wrong country, where freedom of religion doesn't exists. It is 2008, yet there are countries like Singapore who think like this. It's a pity, this people never kill anyone, never intend to, never put a bomb, never trained to, all they do is to study the bible and apply what they've learn. Do you know what ? if all people would think that killing and training to kill should be banned, we could have peace in the world, rather banning people that don't want to kill and train to kill. If all government in all countries would follow what they practice, no more soldiers, no more guns, no more swords let's live in peace ... it's a better world, right ?

  25. #75
    barefoot
    has no status.
    Class 2 barefoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,387
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    are they actually banned? if its banned why do they even allow them to serve db instead of jailing them? i dont think its banned, some was knocking on my door few months back then, they are pretty polite too . ..

    as for the blood transfusion thingy, its not suprising, there are other religions that have similar practise too. one famous case is that Bob Marley who refuse his toe amputation due to his belief and the cancer cells eventually spread to the rest of his body and reach terminal stage

  26. #76
    richsg300
    has no status.
    SBF Cruisers richsg300's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    4,395
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i join them before they are teaching about what the bible teach n we are not allow to touch any kind of weapons or arms, so i think that the reason why sg ban it. usally they have their meeting across the causeway (JB town)

    Happy as ever....................................

  27. #77
    ChaoPuzzy1968
    has no status, no money and YUP YUP
    SBF Lacer ChaoPuzzy1968's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Woodlands Singapore
    Posts
    9,838
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    They are not the only one who refuse medical treatment.

    I know of an old man who refuse medical treatment too , because he believe if he see doctor he will die

    so I respect his wish and left him to rot!

    He's a taoist
    Life sux..Take control ..and live it and pick yourselves up now.. die later
    if the roads end ....i go off road
    Honda Shadow ACE 400 1997
    V-strom 1k
    Dr 200

    "Bikers Don't bleed, we mark our territory"...
    "Bikers Don't leave our body behind , we just a smear on the road"
    "Bikers Don't cry When we Die, we just let others do it on our behalf"
    "Bikers Don't stop Riding,We keep cruzing after we Die"

  28. #78
    ops-fd
    has no status.
    Class 2B ops-fd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    on thin ice
    Posts
    495
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    are you a doctor??? you issue the uncle medicine and he refuse izzit


    1 2 3 4 5 TESTING TESTING .......HELP STOP ANIMAL TESTING..1 2 3 4 5....TESTING TESTING.. ONE LIFE GONE

  29. #79
    RESPECT
    happiness!
    TeePee RESPECT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Alexandra ( Bukit merah )
    Posts
    3,554
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    scary thing
    cults :X
    The street is for show, the track is for go. Put up or shut up

  30. #80
    PaLmEr
    ish nom nom noming!
    SBF Senior Moderator PaLmEr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Sinkapourlang
    Posts
    13,899
    Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by limpeiwah View Post
    Jehovah's Witness is BANNED.
    so is limpeiwah.

  31. #81
    YEN96
    has no status.
    SBF Lacer YEN96's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Mapputatsuni hiki sakuwayo ราชอาณาจักรไทย
    Posts
    5,982
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PaLmEr View Post
    so is limpeiwah.
    hahahhahahahahhaha
    KAWASAKI KIPS F* XX *
    KAWASAKI ZX-10R FY3946Z (26 Oct 07 - 23 Jan 10)
    YAMAHA RD350LC FS4160Z
    1996 Honda Civic SiR EK4
    1993 Honda Civic Vti EG6 SBZ2065P 1993 Honda Civic Vti EG9 SBX9073E 2002 MB E200 SDT6931X
    1991 MB 200E SBT2703M
    1986 MB 280SE EZ8138M 1992 Toyota Cressida SBU1756L
    1992 MB 280SE SBU6143Y

     

     
  32. #82
    newcomer
    has no status.
    Class 2
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,409
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i have a sneaking suspiction that was your old man!

    Quote Originally Posted by mordecai1968 View Post
    They are not the only one who refuse medical treatment.

    I know of an old man who refuse medical treatment too , because he believe if he see doctor he will die

    so I respect his wish and left him to rot!

    He's a taoist

  33. #83
    ladder4949
    has no status.
    Class 2A ladder4949's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    639
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Eh why not put them in SCDF where the only gun they'll carry is the water gun?!?!?!? DUHHHH



  34. #84
    proradar1
    has no status.
    TeePee proradar1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    north eastern part of north eastern singapore
    Posts
    2,472
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    they don wan to wear uniform's also a problem...
    Riding : To enjoy POWER in between your legs. HORSE POWER that is.


  35. #85
    ladder4949
    has no status.
    Class 2A ladder4949's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    639
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    they don't wear army uniform, don't wear scdf uniform, in the end still wear DB "uniform".. really duno what they thinking



  36. #86
    proradar1
    has no status.
    TeePee proradar1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    north eastern part of north eastern singapore
    Posts
    2,472
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i rather they chao keng be clerk 2 yrs den downpes no nid reservist....
    Riding : To enjoy POWER in between your legs. HORSE POWER that is.


  37. #87
    zac__
    has status. Edit
    TeePee zac__'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,548
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Fact:
    Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormons are NOT, and is DIFFERENT, from Christians.

    People carrying The Bibile may not be Christians. Similarly, man with mustache may not be your father; and woman wearing skirt may not be your mother. Hey, just saying.


    Fact:
    Seventh Day Adventist is not a registered church under The Assemblies of God of Singapore.

    See http://www.ag.org.sg/agchurchdir.html
    Last edited by zac__; 21-04-2009 at 01:18 AM.

  38. #88
    cynic
    Keep Calm and Vespa On
    Class 2A cynic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    508
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zac__ View Post
    Fact:
    Seventh Day Adventist is not a registered church under The Assemblies of God of Singapore.

    See http://www.ag.org.sg/agchurchdir.html
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think anyone claimed that the Seventh Day Adventists fall under the umbrella of AOG.

  39. #89
    zac__
    has status. Edit
    TeePee zac__'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,548
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think anyone claimed that the Seventh Day Adventists fall under the umbrella of AOG.
    Nor did I say that anyone here claimed that the Seventh Day Adventists is or isn't under The Assemblies of God of Singapore.

    I'm just saying that it isn't under The Assemblies of God of Singapore.

    Peace guys.
    Last edited by zac__; 21-04-2009 at 01:35 PM.

  40. #90
    cynic
    Keep Calm and Vespa On
    Class 2A cynic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    508
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Errrr ok. In that case allow me to make a similarly factual statement.

    FACT:
    The Seventh Day Adventists are not adherents of Islam. They also do not worship in Buddhist or Taoist temples.

  41. #91
    iiiuuummm
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    61
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Probably they shouldn't be labelled as cult but a rather fringe religious belief. The aspects of their beliefs are radically different from mainstream Christianity. I think they also do not pledge loyalty to their resident country and hence is the main reason why countries ban their religion. It is bad for patriotism and also national identity of a state.

     

     
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •