User Tag List

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 150 of 396

Thread: Picking the right tyre for the track.

  1. #101
    Hartholomew
    has no status.
    Moderator Preview
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    429
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by wait4me View Post
    was thinking of pilot road2 and diablo corsa III

    any advice??
    Hoiya Wait4me,

    First off, I think your choice is kinda skewed since you are comparing 2 tryes from different classes.

    The Michelin Pilot Road 2 is a tyre that sits in the Sport Touring category and was created to cater to riders who primarily do lotsa road mile, like touring and commuting. Its emphasis is on wet weather grip and durability.

    The Pirelli Diablo Corsa 3 is a tyre that was designed for fast road riding, with an emphasis on dry grip and fast warm up times. The Pirelli Diablo (without the Corsa) is a road focused tyre. The "Corsa" word means "race", Geddit?

    You should think about comparing the Michelin Pilot Road 2 with Pirelli's Diablo Strada, which are in the same category, or Metztelers Roadtec Z6.

    On the other hand, Pirelli's Diablo Corsa 3 should be compared with Michelin's Pilot Power 2CT or Metzeler's Sport Tec M3.

    On a personal note, I have a few friends that have run Michelins Powers in the past. They both love the tyre so much that they have become repeat buyers. One of them even did 5 or 6 trackdays on his 180 bhp K5, and sold it to another friend who used it for commuting and a trip to Cameron. Overall, its excellent.

    Happy Hunting.

    Cheers,

    Hartholomew Mamola
    hAnG lOoSe,

    Hartholomew Mamola
    The REV Club
    For riders, by riders, NOT SOME GREEDY F*CK OUT TO MAKE A BUCK
    [IMG]http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/image.php?u=23316&dateline=1271137474&type=profile[/IMG]

  2. #102
    Non Stop Racing
    im the only one who can walk on both worlds - im Ghostrider
    TeePee Non Stop Racing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    2,727
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    pilot road 2 is more suitable for street only or street and track also can ?
    'R6' RedlineRocketRedesignRazor sharpRevolutionaryReward 6.

     

     
  3. #103
    Hartholomew
    has no status.
    Moderator Preview
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    429
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hoiya Non Stop Racing,

    Pilot Road 2 was never designed for track use. Its a mile muncher.

    The minimum I would recommend for Track use would be the Michelin Power / Power 2CT or Metzeler Sport Tec M3 or Pirelli Diablo Corsa 3.

    These tryes were made with track use taken into consideration.

    Cheers,

    Hartholomew Mamola
    hAnG lOoSe,

    Hartholomew Mamola
    The REV Club
    For riders, by riders, NOT SOME GREEDY F*CK OUT TO MAKE A BUCK
    [IMG]http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/image.php?u=23316&dateline=1271137474&type=profile[/IMG]

  4. #104
    wait4me
    my friend's , friend is my enemy
    SBF Lacer wait4me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    the far east
    Posts
    39,739
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hartholomew View Post
    Hoiya Wait4me,

    First off, I think your choice is kinda skewed since you are comparing 2 tryes from different classes.

    The Michelin Pilot Road 2 is a tyre that sits in the Sport Touring category and was created to cater to riders who primarily do lotsa road mile, like touring and commuting. Its emphasis is on wet weather grip and durability.

    The Pirelli Diablo Corsa 3 is a tyre that was designed for fast road riding, with an emphasis on dry grip and fast warm up times. The Pirelli Diablo (without the Corsa) is a road focused tyre. The "Corsa" word means "race", Geddit?

    You should think about comparing the Michelin Pilot Road 2 with Pirelli's Diablo Strada, which are in the same category, or Metztelers Roadtec Z6.

    On the other hand, Pirelli's Diablo Corsa 3 should be compared with Michelin's Pilot Power 2CT or Metzeler's Sport Tec M3.

    On a personal note, I have a few friends that have run Michelins Powers in the past. They both love the tyre so much that they have become repeat buyers. One of them even did 5 or 6 trackdays on his 180 bhp K5, and sold it to another friend who used it for commuting and a trip to Cameron. Overall, its excellent.

    Happy Hunting.

    Cheers,

    Hartholomew Mamola

    oh now i know ..
    thank u very much sir
    been using 2ct for more on road and miledge, as for track not so hard core ..
    so was thinking of the corsa III
    一路向北 4 EVER , my friend



  5. #105
    Non Stop Racing
    im the only one who can walk on both worlds - im Ghostrider
    TeePee Non Stop Racing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    2,727
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    tks mate .
    'R6' RedlineRocketRedesignRazor sharpRevolutionaryReward 6.

  6. #106
    Hartholomew
    has no status.
    Moderator Preview
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    429
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hoiya,

    Just trying to help, No worries.

    Cheers,

    Hartholomew Mamola
    hAnG lOoSe,

    Hartholomew Mamola
    The REV Club
    For riders, by riders, NOT SOME GREEDY F*CK OUT TO MAKE A BUCK
    [IMG]http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/image.php?u=23316&dateline=1271137474&type=profile[/IMG]

  7. #107
    YEN96
    has no status.
    SBF Lacer YEN96's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Mapputatsuni hiki sakuwayo ราชอาณาจักรไทย
    Posts
    5,982
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Reviews on Continental Sport-attack & Maxxis Supertrap tyres

    Suitable for ocassiocal track use ? or miles tyre.

    forget the review ..read some where long ago , they were budget tyres which were good value for money

    currently running on BT014 ....can go track use ?/?
    Last edited by YEN96; 27-10-2007 at 11:45 AM.
    KAWASAKI KIPS F* XX *
    KAWASAKI ZX-10R FY3946Z (26 Oct 07 - 23 Jan 10)
    YAMAHA RD350LC FS4160Z
    1996 Honda Civic SiR EK4
    1993 Honda Civic Vti EG6 SBZ2065P 1993 Honda Civic Vti EG9 SBX9073E 2002 MB E200 SDT6931X
    1991 MB 200E SBT2703M
    1986 MB 280SE EZ8138M 1992 Toyota Cressida SBU1756L
    1992 MB 280SE SBU6143Y

  8. #108
    Raptor
    MotorSports.. I am the boss and worker.
    SBF Moderator Raptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Three Doors Down.
    Posts
    6,801
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YEN96 View Post
    Reviews on Continental Sport-attack & Maxxis Supertrap tyres

    Suitable for ocassiocal track use ? or miles tyre.

    forget the review ..read some where long ago , they were budget tyres which were good value for money

    currently running on BT014 ....can go track use ?/?
    Can... but just gotta watch out if you are one of those who push hard on the tracks.

    BT014s tend to heat up real fast and then overheat and lose their grip.
    Seen too many BT014 shodded bikes go down without warning in my track days.

    Disclaimer : BT014 fans and distributors... please don't take it personally. I am only stating the facts from what I have personally seen. Peace.


    FAA licenced motorcycle mechanic

    Add me: http://www.facebook.com/raptormotorsports

  9. #109
    nE0
    has no status.
    Kruzers nE0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    10,145
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
    Can... but just gotta watch out if you are one of those who push hard on the tracks.

    BT014s tend to heat up real fast and then overheat and lose their grip.
    Seen too many BT014 shodded bikes go down without warning in my track days.

    Disclaimer : BT014 fans and distributors... please don't take it personally. I am only stating the facts from what I have personally seen. Peace.
    I think for newbies on the track, BT-014 or touring tyres would be a better choice because they heat up real fast. Better to have them heat up real fast than to use race tyres which will never get up to temperature when not ridden hard enough.

    I'm a noob, so I go track on street tyres, with street pressures. ie. 34/36PSI.

    Who will guard the guards?

  10. #110
    maman_600rr
    has no status.
    Class 2B maman_600rr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    247
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    any1 got any tips on wat setting should i set my tyres if my tyre is dunlop sportmax n my ride is 600cc...for track setting...

  11. #111
    YEN96
    has no status.
    SBF Lacer YEN96's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Mapputatsuni hiki sakuwayo ราชอาณาจักรไทย
    Posts
    5,982
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
    Can... but just gotta watch out if you are one of those who push hard on the tracks.

    BT014s tend to heat up real fast and then overheat and lose their grip.
    Seen too many BT014 shodded bikes go down without warning in my track days.

    Disclaimer : BT014 fans and distributors... please don't take it personally. I am only stating the facts from what I have personally seen. Peace.
    thanks thanks..salute the guru..u sheer have loads of experience. Not to worry...i don push at all at track ...juz go there, have fun laughter and see some "top notch" guys in action. i basically go "rounding at track". Safety is most IMPORTANT

    Quote Originally Posted by nE0 View Post
    I think for newbies on the track, BT-014 or touring tyres would be a better choice because they heat up real fast. Better to have them heat up real fast than to use race tyres which will never get up to temperature when not ridden hard enough.

    I'm a noob, so I go track on street tyres, with street pressures. ie. 34/36PSI.
    thanks thanks ! ...cheers to all...was juz fishing out some information
    KAWASAKI KIPS F* XX *
    KAWASAKI ZX-10R FY3946Z (26 Oct 07 - 23 Jan 10)
    YAMAHA RD350LC FS4160Z
    1996 Honda Civic SiR EK4
    1993 Honda Civic Vti EG6 SBZ2065P 1993 Honda Civic Vti EG9 SBX9073E 2002 MB E200 SDT6931X
    1991 MB 200E SBT2703M
    1986 MB 280SE EZ8138M 1992 Toyota Cressida SBU1756L
    1992 MB 280SE SBU6143Y

     

     
  12. #112
    YEN96
    has no status.
    SBF Lacer YEN96's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Mapputatsuni hiki sakuwayo ราชอาณาจักรไทย
    Posts
    5,982
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maman_r1 View Post
    any1 got any tips on wat setting should i set my tyres if my tyre is dunlop sportmax n my ride is 600cc...for track setting...
    bang...its been long since i go track. BUT advise is to try yourself ..feel & experience. Pple can give u advise, ultimately its you and your machine.

    Different bike different settings...brakes, tyres, Hp, lean angle of rider, rider skills etc etc.....

    try with a average guideline for the psi setting and adjust accordingly. However safety 1st bro.... don't push when testing tyre or you just change another brand of tyres.
    KAWASAKI KIPS F* XX *
    KAWASAKI ZX-10R FY3946Z (26 Oct 07 - 23 Jan 10)
    YAMAHA RD350LC FS4160Z
    1996 Honda Civic SiR EK4
    1993 Honda Civic Vti EG6 SBZ2065P 1993 Honda Civic Vti EG9 SBX9073E 2002 MB E200 SDT6931X
    1991 MB 200E SBT2703M
    1986 MB 280SE EZ8138M 1992 Toyota Cressida SBU1756L
    1992 MB 280SE SBU6143Y

  13. #113
    Corse
    has no status.
    Class 2 Corse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    951
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YEN96 View Post
    Reviews on Continental Sport-attack & Maxxis Supertrap tyres

    Suitable for ocassiocal track use ? or miles tyre.

    forget the review ..read some where long ago , they were budget tyres which were good value for money

    currently running on BT014 ....can go track use ?/?
    I used to use the BT014 on track. Like what others says, Yup it can overheat quite fast. After a long term of using it on track often and always overheat the tyres, it tends to lose its grip. I suppose BT014 is 30%Track and 70%Road.

    If you ride often in Singapore and go to Track occasionally, 3 to 5 times a month, i would advise to use either the Michellin Power 2CT or Pirrelli Diablo Corsa III. I'm currently using Corsa III. I like them.

    "Power Is Nothing Without Control" Pirelli Tyres
    Last edited by Corse; 29-10-2007 at 12:13 PM.


    Bikes Ridden & Riding Currently.
    Yamaha YZF125 - 2001
    Super 4 Spec II - 2002
    Ducati S4 / Harley Softail - 2003
    Ducati 999 / Ducati S4 / Harley Softail - 2006
    Yamaha R1'09 / Ducati S4 / Harley Softail - 2009
    + Vespa LX150 - 2012
    FJR1300A '13 / Vespa Lx150 / Ducati S4 / Harley Softail - 2013

  14. #114
    kwyjibo
    has no status.
    TeePee kwyjibo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,873
    Feedback Score
    -1 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Pardon me for my knowledge and experience is little, but I always wonder whats with all the fuss when we are not even going fast enough or doing enough laps to overheat the tyres. I think any decent set of tyres with proper warming up and psi should suffices.
    Last edited by kwyjibo; 30-10-2007 at 12:22 AM.
    Why four strokes when all you need is two?

  15. #115
    NoLogicOne
    has no status.
    TeePee NoLogicOne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wrong Lines, Gravel Traps...
    Posts
    3,965
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The whole fuss is because that's the only 2 contact points between us and the asphalt. If pocket permits, race tyres are the best deal because they are more forgiving in a mistake.

    The main problem with overheating on street tyres is likely due to pressure set too low. 30/30 is a good guide to race tyres, but I dare say not every street tyres should run 30/30 in the tracks. The larger contact patch simply encourage "adnormal heating" on these fast to warm up street tyres.

    Try searching on the web for more info on the specific tyre model for the recommended pressure.

    flowers: 1979-2007 (Gilera Runner, Honda Varadero, Ducati 999, Yamaha 05 R6)
    #48 Shoya Tomizawa: 05 Sep 10
    LollyPop: 1983-2011
    #58 Marco Simoncelli, 20 January 1987 - 23 October 2011 Sepang GP

  16. #116
    Sesshou
    old man
    TeePee Sesshou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    NEWBIE
    Posts
    1,933
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NoLogicOne View Post
    The whole fuss is because that's the only 2 contact points between us and the asphalt. If pocket permits, race tyres are the best deal because they are more forgiving in a mistake.

    The main problem with overheating on street tyres is likely due to pressure set too low. 30/30 is a good guide to race tyres, but I dare say not every street tyres should run 30/30 in the tracks. The larger contact patch simply encourage "adnormal heating" on these fast to warm up street tyres.

    Try searching on the web for more info on the specific tyre model for the recommended pressure.

    u are right hil,

    try 31/30 on the conti and is sucks after 2 laps....but it will work if you set at 36/35 Some street tires can't run so low psi, once it over heat u will be sliding around (bear in mind , i'm a super slow rider)

  17. #117
    Corse
    has no status.
    Class 2 Corse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    951
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm currently using Corsa III, PSI at 32/32(cold). So far it feels secure at turns. My tyres do have those rubber peeling of at the corners, but i dont think its overheating. i'll only slide out if i accelerate hard and early. Slides especially at turn 5, becuz of the up and down slope. Ive tried 34/34 before, i dont get much of that rubber peeling off, and i dont really feel like the tyres are gripping the track propoerly.

    How do u know if ur tyres are overheating?
    Suddenly i'm getting confused. If a fast rider rides harder than a slow rider, what should his(fast rider) PSI reading be, compared to the other? It should be lower than slower rider correct?? becuz the fast rider can get the tyres hotter and to bring up the PSI... becuz for a lower PSI tyre, if a slow rider was to use it, it will overheat faster due to a lower PSI pressure which he cant build up, which can cause sliding easily. Am i saying this correctly?


    Bikes Ridden & Riding Currently.
    Yamaha YZF125 - 2001
    Super 4 Spec II - 2002
    Ducati S4 / Harley Softail - 2003
    Ducati 999 / Ducati S4 / Harley Softail - 2006
    Yamaha R1'09 / Ducati S4 / Harley Softail - 2009
    + Vespa LX150 - 2012
    FJR1300A '13 / Vespa Lx150 / Ducati S4 / Harley Softail - 2013

  18. #118
    NoLogicOne
    has no status.
    TeePee NoLogicOne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wrong Lines, Gravel Traps...
    Posts
    3,965
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Corse View Post
    I'm currently using Corsa III, PSI at 32/32(cold). So far it feels secure at turns. My tyres do have those rubber peeling of at the corners, but i dont think its overheating. i'll only slide out if i accelerate hard and early. Slides especially at turn 5, becuz of the up and down slope. Ive tried 34/34 before, i dont get much of that rubber peeling off, and i dont really feel like the tyres are gripping the track propoerly.

    How do u know if ur tyres are overheating?
    Suddenly i'm getting confused. If a fast rider rides harder than a slow rider, what should his(fast rider) PSI reading be, compared to the other? It should be lower than slower rider correct?? becuz the fast rider can get the tyres hotter and to bring up the PSI... becuz for a lower PSI tyre, if a slow rider was to use it, it will overheat faster due to a lower PSI pressure which he cant build up, which can cause sliding easily. Am i saying this correctly?
    There was an aritcle about Pirelli recommending Diablo Corsa to be run at 34F 36R in the tracks because it was designed to be used at such pressure. YOu have to search a few pages back here to find that article.

    Actually, dun mind if I said this, but by right, if we are not riding in the 1.50s and below timing, we should not be sliding the tyres. But of course, riders doing 1.50s and below are mostly on race tyres, less some talented few who managed to go faster than 1.50s without race tyres.

    Remember that Diablo Corsa though is trackday tyres, it is still more suited for street rather than a race purposed race tyres like Pirelli SuperCorsa SC or Diablo SuperCorsa SC. Therefore, the lower the pressure for faster riders theory do not work on tyres like Diablo Corsa which has high silica to aid in fast warm up. Take note that street/trackdays tyres dun hold well long on those extreme heat, unlike race tyres which are designed to be.

    At 34/36, the Diablo Corsa looks pretty the way it was worn. Let me show you the ContiForce Max after PG on 34/36 PSI last year. I dun have pics for Diablo Corsa because I dun have money to buy digital camera then



    Ah, found the article....It's up to you to believe. The 34/36 PSI for ContiForce Max is via a tech email I got from Continental.

    http://www.nesba.com/TrackTalk/bb/Fo...ML/000982.html

    flowers: 1979-2007 (Gilera Runner, Honda Varadero, Ducati 999, Yamaha 05 R6)
    #48 Shoya Tomizawa: 05 Sep 10
    LollyPop: 1983-2011
    #58 Marco Simoncelli, 20 January 1987 - 23 October 2011 Sepang GP

  19. #119
    kwyjibo
    has no status.
    TeePee kwyjibo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,873
    Feedback Score
    -1 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NoLogicOne View Post
    Actually, dun mind if I said this, but by right, if we are not riding in the 1.50s and below timing, we should not be sliding the tyres.
    Finally someone who speaks my mind. We Singaporeans are just rich.
    Why four strokes when all you need is two?

  20. #120
    kingpet47
    has no status.
    Class 2A kingpet47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Ama Keng
    Posts
    635
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i run powerace 32psi on my front tyre n i lose my front end grip @ turn 5... my front juz giv way.... my last practice i run 28psi n it grip like crazy....
    Loud Pipe Saves Lives
    Gooner 4 Life!!



    Fierce Suzuki Rider!!

  21. #121
    Corse
    has no status.
    Class 2 Corse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    951
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm currently in the 1.55s-2.00
    I'll try adjusting my pressure and see how it goes.
    Thanks.


    Bikes Ridden & Riding Currently.
    Yamaha YZF125 - 2001
    Super 4 Spec II - 2002
    Ducati S4 / Harley Softail - 2003
    Ducati 999 / Ducati S4 / Harley Softail - 2006
    Yamaha R1'09 / Ducati S4 / Harley Softail - 2009
    + Vespa LX150 - 2012
    FJR1300A '13 / Vespa Lx150 / Ducati S4 / Harley Softail - 2013

     

     
  22. #122
    Corse
    has no status.
    Class 2 Corse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    951
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kingpet View Post
    i run powerace 32psi on my front tyre n i lose my front end grip @ turn 5... my front juz giv way.... my last practice i run 28psi n it grip like crazy....
    28psi.. that seems low? will it actually grip better?
    I knew some1 who also low side at turn 5. lost the front too.


    Bikes Ridden & Riding Currently.
    Yamaha YZF125 - 2001
    Super 4 Spec II - 2002
    Ducati S4 / Harley Softail - 2003
    Ducati 999 / Ducati S4 / Harley Softail - 2006
    Yamaha R1'09 / Ducati S4 / Harley Softail - 2009
    + Vespa LX150 - 2012
    FJR1300A '13 / Vespa Lx150 / Ducati S4 / Harley Softail - 2013

  23. #123
    ambasnakeman
    has no status.
    SBF Lacer ambasnakeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,247
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YEN96 View Post
    currently running on BT014 ....can go track use ?/?
    good luck to u - in UK the review for this tyre was very good.....i know alot of people who have crashed using these tyres....in pg
    Don't just break your laptimes, SHATTER them!!

    Insanity is doing the same things over and over again and expecting different results - Albert Einstein, a German born theoretical physicist widely known as one of the greatest of all time

  24. #124
    kingpet47
    has no status.
    Class 2A kingpet47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Ama Keng
    Posts
    635
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Corse View Post
    28psi.. that seems low? will it actually grip better?
    I knew some1 who also low side at turn 5. lost the front too.
    i had a good feel of my front wif dat pressure........ but i wont recommend for others...
    Loud Pipe Saves Lives
    Gooner 4 Life!!



    Fierce Suzuki Rider!!

  25. #125
    NoLogicOne
    has no status.
    TeePee NoLogicOne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wrong Lines, Gravel Traps...
    Posts
    3,965
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kingpet View Post
    i run powerace 32psi on my front tyre n i lose my front end grip @ turn 5... my front juz giv way.... my last practice i run 28psi n it grip like crazy....
    Come to think of it, I almost lost my front on T8. I think it is rider problem for my case as I downshift before that turn. I believed I upset the bike due to poor techniques. It was pretty scary. I used 30/30 on PowerRace Med/Soft. After that I was on Pirelli SC and Diablo SC which I really like, just like Metzeller RT.

    For our skill levels, it is pretty hard to be sure what exactly went wrong.
    Last edited by NoLogicOne; 01-11-2007 at 05:01 AM.

    flowers: 1979-2007 (Gilera Runner, Honda Varadero, Ducati 999, Yamaha 05 R6)
    #48 Shoya Tomizawa: 05 Sep 10
    LollyPop: 1983-2011
    #58 Marco Simoncelli, 20 January 1987 - 23 October 2011 Sepang GP

  26. #126
    NoLogicOne
    has no status.
    TeePee NoLogicOne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wrong Lines, Gravel Traps...
    Posts
    3,965
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Corse View Post
    I'm currently in the 1.55s-2.00
    I'll try adjusting my pressure and see how it goes.
    Thanks.
    Since you are actually lapping faster, you really should adjust the pressure 1 PSI at a time, and take it easy until you think you are sure.

    flowers: 1979-2007 (Gilera Runner, Honda Varadero, Ducati 999, Yamaha 05 R6)
    #48 Shoya Tomizawa: 05 Sep 10
    LollyPop: 1983-2011
    #58 Marco Simoncelli, 20 January 1987 - 23 October 2011 Sepang GP

  27. #127
    ambasnakeman
    has no status.
    SBF Lacer ambasnakeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,247
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't just break your laptimes, SHATTER them!!

    Insanity is doing the same things over and over again and expecting different results - Albert Einstein, a German born theoretical physicist widely known as one of the greatest of all time

  28. #128
    kingpet47
    has no status.
    Class 2A kingpet47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Ama Keng
    Posts
    635
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ambasnakeman View Post
    yup!... if u guys buy sport rider or cycle world or racer x u can cum across dis brand of tyre in their mags...its frm the US i guess cos u wont see their ads in the britons bike mags.

    but dunno how reliable those rubbers are....is there any dealer dat brings dis brand to our shores..?
    Loud Pipe Saves Lives
    Gooner 4 Life!!



    Fierce Suzuki Rider!!

  29. #129
    kingpet47
    has no status.
    Class 2A kingpet47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Ama Keng
    Posts
    635
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NoLogicOne View Post
    Come to think of it, I almost lost my front on T8. I think it is rider problem for my case as I downshift before that turn. I believed I upset the bike due to poor techniques. It was pretty scary. I used 30/30 on PowerRace Med/Soft. After that I was on Pirelli SC and Diablo SC which I really like, just like Metzeller RT.

    For our skill levels, it is pretty hard to be sure what exactly went wrong.
    as for my case i was bringing down my bike quite low n tucking in my knee to save my badly worn out slider n i jus lost the front...

    to tink abt it.. i kinda regret.... coz wasnt able to join the 5 lap challenge...if not sure can get top 5.. hehe....
    Loud Pipe Saves Lives
    Gooner 4 Life!!



    Fierce Suzuki Rider!!

  30. #130
    nE0
    has no status.
    Kruzers nE0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    10,145
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ambasnakeman View Post
    good luck to u - in UK the review for this tyre was very good.....i know alot of people who have crashed using these tyres....in pg
    Ron Hasalm goes round Donington park faster than anyone else on trackday tyres, and he uses a standard CBR1000RR on BT-014s.

    When the ZX14 first came out, the testors mentioned some guys managed to scrape the footpegs while going at around 250+. On BT-014s of course.

    Many times I spin up the rear or lock up the front due to silly mistakes, but its easier to blame the tyre issn't it.

    Who will guard the guards?

  31. #131
    NoLogicOne
    has no status.
    TeePee NoLogicOne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wrong Lines, Gravel Traps...
    Posts
    3,965
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ambasnakeman View Post
    I was interested in these http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums...9&postcount=82

    Post #82 of this thread. Motard riders like it very much for street and track days. But for races, I'm sure they dun use these tyres. The slicks you posted just launched probably, cuz not long ago, they only had the Stealth Soft compound to offer.

    The price is very affordable, though it seems to had went up a little. You have to check if the profile is suitable, because it was noted to be "flatter" on the Stealth's rear, thus it was more ideal for drag racing

    BTW, Maxxis is from Taiwan, Korea or USA?
    Last edited by NoLogicOne; 02-11-2007 at 03:59 AM.

    flowers: 1979-2007 (Gilera Runner, Honda Varadero, Ducati 999, Yamaha 05 R6)
    #48 Shoya Tomizawa: 05 Sep 10
    LollyPop: 1983-2011
    #58 Marco Simoncelli, 20 January 1987 - 23 October 2011 Sepang GP

     

     
  32. #132
    NoLogicOne
    has no status.
    TeePee NoLogicOne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wrong Lines, Gravel Traps...
    Posts
    3,965
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kingpet View Post
    yup!... if u guys buy sport rider or cycle world or racer x u can cum across dis brand of tyre in their mags...its frm the US i guess cos u wont see their ads in the britons bike mags.

    but dunno how reliable those rubbers are....is there any dealer dat brings dis brand to our shores..?
    Well, at least I've seen the Shinko 005 Advance selling in a bike shop. But that's the only pair and only model on the tyre racks.

    Shinko is from Korea.

    Quote Originally Posted by nE0 View Post
    Ron Hasalm goes round Donington park faster than anyone else on trackday tyres, and he uses a standard CBR1000RR on BT-014s.

    When the ZX14 first came out, the testors mentioned some guys managed to scrape the footpegs while going at around 250+. On BT-014s of course.

    Many times I spin up the rear or lock up the front due to silly mistakes, but its easier to blame the tyre issn't it.
    But it is Ron Hasalm you see (I think you meant Ron Haslam).....I'm sure Casey Stoner can go faster on Shinko shod 749R faster than anyone of us on a BT002 shod 999R in Sepang or PG

    flowers: 1979-2007 (Gilera Runner, Honda Varadero, Ducati 999, Yamaha 05 R6)
    #48 Shoya Tomizawa: 05 Sep 10
    LollyPop: 1983-2011
    #58 Marco Simoncelli, 20 January 1987 - 23 October 2011 Sepang GP

  33. #133
    Corse
    has no status.
    Class 2 Corse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    951
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NoLogicOne View Post
    Since you are actually lapping faster, you really should adjust the pressure 1 PSI at a time, and take it easy until you think you are sure.
    Adjusting higher or lower?
    although It was stated about DC should be 34/36, i've got a lot of comments abt it. Like it was tested at different climates, or tested in a way that is not the same on how we ride it in Singapore. i'll try 33/33 the next time i head down.


    Bikes Ridden & Riding Currently.
    Yamaha YZF125 - 2001
    Super 4 Spec II - 2002
    Ducati S4 / Harley Softail - 2003
    Ducati 999 / Ducati S4 / Harley Softail - 2006
    Yamaha R1'09 / Ducati S4 / Harley Softail - 2009
    + Vespa LX150 - 2012
    FJR1300A '13 / Vespa Lx150 / Ducati S4 / Harley Softail - 2013

  34. #134
    kingpet47
    has no status.
    Class 2A kingpet47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Ama Keng
    Posts
    635
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    to make it simpler.... they dun even cre if they thrashed those bikes..... they r given the licence to do it.. not like many of us here where our bike is our transport on weekdays n becomes a race bike on weekends n if u crashed on dat day.. there goes ur transportation for the rest of the week until its good to go....

    i shall get a side bike... i tink i should..!
    Loud Pipe Saves Lives
    Gooner 4 Life!!



    Fierce Suzuki Rider!!

  35. #135
    NoLogicOne
    has no status.
    TeePee NoLogicOne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wrong Lines, Gravel Traps...
    Posts
    3,965
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Corse View Post
    Adjusting higher or lower?
    although It was stated about DC should be 34/36, i've got a lot of comments abt it. Like it was tested at different climates, or tested in a way that is not the same on how we ride it in Singapore. i'll try 33/33 the next time i head down.
    Read this thread from the 1st post....even Hart would also try it instead of hear say. At the end of the day, the rider is you, the feeling is yours to judge.

    Of course, I mean increasing the pressures. But like many had said, take it 1 PSI at a time. Also do take note of the 5mm drop on your forks for the Diablo Corsa, which makes the handling better.

    Last but not least, I hope you adjust your pressure at home before you ride in to PG, not reach there then adjust, especially right now you want to be sure what is inside your tyres, when you are testing new settings.

    Have fun!!!

    flowers: 1979-2007 (Gilera Runner, Honda Varadero, Ducati 999, Yamaha 05 R6)
    #48 Shoya Tomizawa: 05 Sep 10
    LollyPop: 1983-2011
    #58 Marco Simoncelli, 20 January 1987 - 23 October 2011 Sepang GP

  36. #136
    NoLogicOne
    has no status.
    TeePee NoLogicOne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wrong Lines, Gravel Traps...
    Posts
    3,965
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Guys, these Red Bull Rookies 125cc bikes are using Dunlop TT100?


    flowers: 1979-2007 (Gilera Runner, Honda Varadero, Ducati 999, Yamaha 05 R6)
    #48 Shoya Tomizawa: 05 Sep 10
    LollyPop: 1983-2011
    #58 Marco Simoncelli, 20 January 1987 - 23 October 2011 Sepang GP

  37. #137
    duckcula
    has no status.
    P Plate duckcula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    152
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default over heating

    would like to know more about warming up the tyres...since there are quite a bit of talks on over-heating street tyres on track quickly etc.

    How do you consider warming up the tyres or over heating them?
    in simple terms, does riding 2-3 or up to 5 laps consider good warmup around PG? average pace...

    What about riding 1 hr non stop average pace around PG, will that over heat the tyres in general? lets say eg using so call track days tyres - pilot 2CT or power race/Diablo Corsa...?

    Non tyre expert at all here...thx!

  38. #138
    nE0
    has no status.
    Kruzers nE0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    10,145
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by duckcula View Post
    would like to know more about warming up the tyres...since there are quite a bit of talks on over-heating street tyres on track quickly etc.

    How do you consider warming up the tyres or over heating them?
    in simple terms, does riding 2-3 or up to 5 laps consider good warmup around PG? average pace...

    What about riding 1 hr non stop average pace around PG, will that over heat the tyres in general? lets say eg using so call track days tyres - pilot 2CT or power race/Diablo Corsa...?

    Non tyre expert at all here...thx!
    I think it has all to do with feel. When my tyres warm up I can feel them 'bite' or grip if you will, harder during cornering.

    You remember when cornering on wet roads, how the bike feels? Compare that to taking the same corner on dry roads. If the tyre is gripping well, the bike will feel more stable because the tyre doesn't slip that much.

    Once it grips, it will grip so forget about the tyre and concentrate on your lines and technique instead. If you're newbie to tyres then just ride with street pressures. Once you start getting the feel of it then you can try playing around with suspension and tyre pressures to get a better feel in corners.

    Who will guard the guards?

  39. #139
    Corse
    has no status.
    Class 2 Corse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    951
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NoLogicOne View Post
    Read this thread from the 1st post....even Hart would also try it instead of hear say. At the end of the day, the rider is you, the feeling is yours to judge.

    Of course, I mean increasing the pressures. But like many had said, take it 1 PSI at a time. Also do take note of the 5mm drop on your forks for the Diablo Corsa, which makes the handling better.

    Last but not least, I hope you adjust your pressure at home before you ride in to PG, not reach there then adjust, especially right now you want to be sure what is inside your tyres, when you are testing new settings.

    Have fun!!!
    Could u explain more abt the 5mm drop? How do i take note?
    I tried increasing 1 psi.. feels a little bouncy on my rear. i think.


    Bikes Ridden & Riding Currently.
    Yamaha YZF125 - 2001
    Super 4 Spec II - 2002
    Ducati S4 / Harley Softail - 2003
    Ducati 999 / Ducati S4 / Harley Softail - 2006
    Yamaha R1'09 / Ducati S4 / Harley Softail - 2009
    + Vespa LX150 - 2012
    FJR1300A '13 / Vespa Lx150 / Ducati S4 / Harley Softail - 2013

  40. #140
    duckcula
    has no status.
    P Plate duckcula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    152
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nE0 View Post
    I think it has all to do with feel. When my tyres warm up I can feel them 'bite' or grip if you will, harder during cornering.

    You remember when cornering on wet roads, how the bike feels? Compare that to taking the same corner on dry roads. If the tyre is gripping well, the bike will feel more stable because the tyre doesn't slip that much.

    Once it grips, it will grip so forget about the tyre and concentrate on your lines and technique instead. If you're newbie to tyres then just ride with street pressures. Once you start getting the feel of it then you can try playing around with suspension and tyre pressures to get a better feel in corners.
    Thanks mate!...think there are not hot and fast rules, is all about experiencing yourself, will let the butt talks to the bike, or maybe the other way

  41. #141
    NoLogicOne
    has no status.
    TeePee NoLogicOne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wrong Lines, Gravel Traps...
    Posts
    3,965
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Corse View Post
    Could u explain more abt the 5mm drop? How do i take note?
    I tried increasing 1 psi.. feels a little bouncy on my rear. i think.
    http://www.nesba.com/TrackTalk/bb/Fo...ML/000982.html This is where I got the info. You could measure the DC III before they mount the front tyre on, fully inflated to check if it is still 610mm Diameter, but then again, I hope that you would be using Race Dot rather, because of your sub 2min pace now.

    Er, sorry I missed this out (I thought you would know), but actually, you might need to tweak the suspensions a little (1 click on rebound or compression +/-), which is not too confusing if you take note of what you click.

    But if you find it too troublesome, I suggest it's time to throw everything behind and start fresh on Dot Race tyres

    flowers: 1979-2007 (Gilera Runner, Honda Varadero, Ducati 999, Yamaha 05 R6)
    #48 Shoya Tomizawa: 05 Sep 10
    LollyPop: 1983-2011
    #58 Marco Simoncelli, 20 January 1987 - 23 October 2011 Sepang GP

     

     
  42. #142
    genyue
    luvs bikes.
    Class 2B genyue's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    303
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ivan_torque View Post
    Hi guys,hope someone can help me ans this..how does the bridgestone 090 tyres perform on track?I am thinking of changing to a pair of michelins but i still have a lot of rubber left on my current 090 and it'd be a waste if i changed it.so before i head to track on my 090 i hope someone can tell me bout their own experience using these tyres on track.thanks and cheers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartholomew View Post
    Hey Ivan,

    I had the same tyres on my spec 3 S**er Four. Suit the bike really well, I am guessing that you are riding a 400?

    Anyway, they should be fine for the track but be wary:

    These are tyres meant mainly for the street and are vulnerbale to overheating on the track due to the constant high temps... so feel for the "squidginess"... when it gets overheated. When you feel that, BACK OFF.

    The michelins are being used by the Motard guys for track use and are probably much more resistant to overheating than your 090s.
    The website stated that BT090 PRO is for racing use, but in this quote it says that it is mainly for the street?
    http://www.motorcycle-karttires.com/RoadRacing.aspx

    Can anyone please enlighten me on this field? Or are there BT090 tires (without the PRO thingy)?

  43. #143
    NoLogicOne
    has no status.
    TeePee NoLogicOne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wrong Lines, Gravel Traps...
    Posts
    3,965
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by genyue View Post
    The website stated that BT090 PRO is for racing use, but in this quote it says that it is mainly for the street?
    http://www.motorcycle-karttires.com/RoadRacing.aspx

    Can anyone please enlighten me on this field? Or are there BT090 tires (without the PRO thingy)?
    Yes, BT-090 indeed is Dot Race tyre. The front tyre is BT-090 and the rear is BT-090 PRO. Get it?

    Dun worry, Hart was already informed about this. He's very busy these few months.

    flowers: 1979-2007 (Gilera Runner, Honda Varadero, Ducati 999, Yamaha 05 R6)
    #48 Shoya Tomizawa: 05 Sep 10
    LollyPop: 1983-2011
    #58 Marco Simoncelli, 20 January 1987 - 23 October 2011 Sepang GP

  44. #144
    genyue
    luvs bikes.
    Class 2B genyue's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    303
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Alright, thankies.

  45. #145
    kingpet47
    has no status.
    Class 2A kingpet47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Ama Keng
    Posts
    635
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    guys.... i use 30psi for my rear powerace n my tire is totally worn out until the right side thread is nearly lost........
    Loud Pipe Saves Lives
    Gooner 4 Life!!



    Fierce Suzuki Rider!!

  46. #146
    kiamquay
    has no status.
    Class 2A kiamquay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    564
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kingpet View Post
    guys.... i use 30psi for my rear powerace n my tire is totally worn out until the right side thread is nearly lost........
    hear from a number of ppl that powerrace worn out super fast then the other .......

  47. #147
    Raptor
    MotorSports.. I am the boss and worker.
    SBF Moderator Raptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Three Doors Down.
    Posts
    6,801
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Michelin Pilot Power

    Am using this on the DRZ400SM here. Actually wanted the 2CT version but did not get it because it they only had a 160 for the rear.

    So I put on Michelin Pilot Power, front 120 and rear 150.

    At the track last weekend, the temperature was about 10 degrees C. Needless to say, getting the tyre heated up to working temperature was a concern.

    On the first lap I started pushing it abit hoping to generate some heat, expecting the tyres to slide around abit but was amazed to find that I was able to lean the bike over hard and the 'cold' tyres were actually gripping. Was running 20 psi on the front and 22psi on the rear.

    Even after doing 12 laps on the 1.2km go kart track, the tyres just felt barely warm to touch.

    The other guys who were running slicks were complaining that it was slippery on the track even after a few laps.

    Lessons I learnt from that track session about the tyres were, Michelin Pilot Powers don't need much riding to warm up to grip... having said that... am sure they might behave like BT014s which heat up fast and lose all grip without warning.

    The wear is minimal and smooth. The rub offs are very little and are very small pieces, coarse powdery texture.


    FAA licenced motorcycle mechanic

    Add me: http://www.facebook.com/raptormotorsports

  48. #148
    NoLogicOne
    has no status.
    TeePee NoLogicOne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wrong Lines, Gravel Traps...
    Posts
    3,965
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I might wanna try Shinko 003 Stealth on the DRZ.

    Shinko 003 Stealth

    flowers: 1979-2007 (Gilera Runner, Honda Varadero, Ducati 999, Yamaha 05 R6)
    #48 Shoya Tomizawa: 05 Sep 10
    LollyPop: 1983-2011
    #58 Marco Simoncelli, 20 January 1987 - 23 October 2011 Sepang GP

  49. #149
    After8
    is still riding =)
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Where my ride takes me..
    Posts
    117
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NoLogicOne View Post
    I might wanna try Shinko 003 Stealth on the DRZ.

    Shinko 003 Stealth
    Hey Bro.. Havent heard your advise for a long long time. Hows life?

    I tried 34/34 on my 2CT but i feel funny. Its turning in faster than normal. is the pressure too much or too little? Does squaring of tyre affect performance on the track?

    Thanks =)
    Riding doesn't have to have a point, you jus have to keep on riding...

  50. #150
    NoLogicOne
    has no status.
    TeePee NoLogicOne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wrong Lines, Gravel Traps...
    Posts
    3,965
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by After8 View Post
    Hey Bro.. Havent heard your advise for a long long time. Hows life?

    I tried 34/34 on my 2CT but i feel funny. Its turning in faster than normal. is the pressure too much or too little? Does squaring of tyre affect performance on the track?

    Thanks =)
    I generally use 33F 35R on sports tyres. You could use 32F 34R also, just try it out yourself. The thing above switching from different tyres to tyres is, the profile of different brands could be different, while some brands feel pretty similar (Metzeller and Pirelli feels the same to me). Michelin is rounder, and in fact I feel it's a struggle for me to wrestle the bike in. I much prefer the Pirelli and Metzeller feel though.

    Another point to note is that the suspension height, which affects rake angle. Your bike could be set up perfectly for Michelins from factory, while mine may not. But at our kind of pace, these are not that important as long as we "lower" the forks until 1 inch or whatsoever.

    Squared tyres definately have the "fall in" feeling as it transient from the flatter middle to the sharper sides. I would ride a few laps to get use to the feelings, but I will not be doing my "best" laps on squared tyres for sure.

    Just sharing, dare not advise, for I might be wrong too.

    flowers: 1979-2007 (Gilera Runner, Honda Varadero, Ducati 999, Yamaha 05 R6)
    #48 Shoya Tomizawa: 05 Sep 10
    LollyPop: 1983-2011
    #58 Marco Simoncelli, 20 January 1987 - 23 October 2011 Sepang GP

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •