rides bicycle
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guys ...

i love knives and it's sharpness... this safety-first singapore doesnt allow much knife on open market but usually.. i found many items on auctions and thru friends.
    got myself Kabar at end of last year, as my first collection.

so any other collectors? Katana? Tanto? SOG? CRKT? KABAR? GERBER?

so far i know only 2 shops with many choices, one in china town and Caesars.

well.. let's share and discuss here...!

fleaz
    miss riding
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

actually you would be able to import on your own. i know of a friend who does that, you just need to get it registered.

Honda Phantom TA200 [FT73*2H][2005-2007]
    Honda XR400 [FN9*32Y][2007]
    Aprilia Atlantic [FX751*K][2007-2008]
    Toyota Camry [2011-2013]
    Mitsubishi Lancer [2013-2014]

we live in the back, ride at the back -BSR

Crazy
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice. Like kabar knife alot. Black blade.
    Regards,

Crazy

danielburgess
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a few in my collection, favorite is still my Bowie with the bone handle, but for more tactical use, I LOVE my Flash SOG. If you like knives, there is a shop near Bugis called Thong or something, I get most of my stuff there.

Cheers!

raphael
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i own some japanese weapons

you. guilty.

kmax
    rides bicycle
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by danielburgess@April 29, 2007 05:32 pm
    I have a few in my collection, favorite is still my Bowie with the bone handle, but for more tactical use, I LOVE my Flash SOG. If you like knives, there is a shop near Bugis called Thong or something, I get most of my stuff there.

Cheers!
    can u let me know the address?.. i know only the shop in china town... thanks

kmax
    rides bicycle
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by danielburgess@April 29, 2007 05:32 pm

Cheers!
    SOG knife is really cool.... but so expensive....

found one in yahoo auction that is really impressive...

SOG

but the price is 140...

kmax
    rides bicycle
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Crazy@April 29, 2007 04:22 pm
    Nice. Like kabar knife alot. Black blade.
    KABAR

got it from private collector... really sharp...

slow_mode
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a question for you guys. Is balisong legal in singapore?

Damn flies

danielburgess
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I forgot the address, but it is facing shaw centre if I am not wrong.

Cheers!

kmax
    rides bicycle
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by slow_mode@May 01, 2007 02:28 am
    I have a question for you guys. Is balisong legal in singapore?
    i think it depends on blade's length.

most of the knife with long blade are not illegal.

but a frnd mention to me once that we can register with police to legally own the weapon as collection.

if u want balisong aka butterfly knife, u can check the shop in china town, they have a few items...

kmax
    rides bicycle
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by danielburgess@May 01, 2007 09:53 am
    I forgot the address, but it is facing shaw centre if I am not wrong.

Cheers!
    do u refer to caesars at textile center ??

that's ancient weapons or japanese swords for collection, not for tatical or morden weapons...
    and most of their knives are blunt.

original_ss
    wishes everyone a happy new year!
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by kmax@May 02, 2007 05:37 am

but a frnd mention to me once that we can register with police to legally own the weapon as collection.

if u want balisong aka butterfly knife, u can check the shop in china town, they have a few items...
    Hmm..I tink balisong knife is considered as weapon dude...dun tink the length has anything to do the classification.

However, I'm nt sure whether u cld register it with the police..
    The only way to find love isn't finding the perfect person, but by loving the imperfect person perfectly. True love doesn't have a good ending. It simply doesn't end.

2003 Nov - 2005 April -TZR125
    2005 April - 2006 Nov -TA200
    2006 Nov - 2010 June -TA200 & RS250
    2010 June - Now - FZ1 & RS250
    2015 June - Now - GSA 1200 & RS250

original_ss
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm..I do like knifes too, wish I cld collect more..but then money is alwayx the prob..hee..
    Currently hav a few blades..
    I like spyderco folderble blades...real handy and dependable...
    The only way to find love isn't finding the perfect person, but by loving the imperfect person perfectly. True love doesn't have a good ending. It simply doesn't end.

slow_mode
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by kmax@May 02, 2007 05:37 am

Can i have the address or shop name?

Damn flies

gddigger
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Balisongs are classified as weapons along with automatic knives and double edged blades, don't get caught with any of the above. There are other edged items also certified but I can't recall all of them, checkout bladeforums- knife rules and regs and the asian/australian community and if I'm not mistaken Arms and Explosives branch also has a list available.

There is no legal blade length, you get caught or checked with even a lil blade of one inch at the wrong place, wrong time with no reasonable explanation means you're in trouble.

Basically knives can be divided into two categories, folders and fixed blades.
    Folders have a few types of locking systems or none(slipjoint) and fixed blades as the name says are like your kitchen knives...handle and blade straight together- also in quite a few forms.

I would advise reading and research into knives before you start buying your "collection", you may end up with rubbish knives. try not to get swept up by the HYPE that goes with some brands/knives...I was for a while..really hungry for the Emerson Commander, luckily I couldn't find one till the fever died).

Katana is not a Brand(as far as I know), its a term for the swords you see the samurais carrying, same for tanto( its a short, below two foot japanese blade).

There are many brands to look at and many types of knives. I've been a fan of spyderco for many years and eventhough I have a few other pieces to have on me, I usually end up with my trusty spyderco "michael Walker" lightweight on me. Spyderco is an american brand name but a majority of their knives are made in Japan (fit and finish, edge sharpness are confirmed right out of the box).

CRKTs are taiwan made but very affordable and innovative, good money for value if you are buying for use, check out the M16 range.

Another brand to check is Cold Steel.( search for their "PROOF" vids online).

Cheers,
    g
    Ride like everyone else on the road is an Idiot
    Know your ride well if you wanna go fast
    Enjoy your ride, Have Fun
    Live to Ride ,Ride to Live

slow_mode
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by gddigger@May 03, 2007 01:47 am
    Balisongs are classified as weapons along with automatic knives and double edged blades, don't get caught with any of the above. There are other edged items also certified but I can't recall all of them, checkout bladeforums- knife rules and regs and the asian/australian community and if I'm not mistaken Arms and Explosives branch also has a list available.

There is no legal blade length, you get caught or checked with even a lil blade of one inch at the wrong place, wrong time with no reasonable explanation means you're in trouble.

Basically knives can be divided into two categories, folders and fixed blades.
    Folders have a few types of locking systems or none(slipjoint) and fixed blades as the name says are like your kitchen knives...handle and blade straight together- also in quite a few forms.

I would advise reading and research into knives before you start buying your "collection", you may end up with rubbish knives. try not to get swept up by the HYPE that goes with some brands/knives...I was for a while..really hungry for the Emerson Commander, luckily I couldn't find one till the fever died).

Katana is not a Brand(as far as I know), its a term for the swords you see the samurais carrying, same for tanto( its a short, below two foot japanese blade).

There are many brands to look at and many types of knives. I've been a fan of spyderco for many years and eventhough I have a few other pieces to have on me, I usually end up with my trusty spyderco "michael Walker" lightweight on me. Spyderco is an american brand name but a majority of their knives are made in Japan (fit and finish, edge sharpness are confirmed right out of the box).

CRKTs are taiwan made but very affordable and innovative, good money for value if you are buying for use, check out the M16 range.

Cheers,
    g
    Then how about a blunt balisong, is there such a thing, anyplace selling it?
    intend to learn flipping with it.

Damn flies

gddigger
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't shop around much for knives at all these days. I don't think you will be able to find a shop selling balisongs let alone "trainer" ones. Importers/sellers of scheduled weapons/contraband can go jail and pay fine.

I'm not encouraging you to try to bring it in yourself, even a trainer or "blunt/non blade" imported to you may earn a visit from the boys in blue. I do however understand why you need to play. My advice is to try fishing shops or hardware shops, if you are lucky, they may have old stock of a fishing knife with a splitting handle(made of plastic) , works the same...I played with one many years ago . If I'm not mistaken Benchmade actually makes balisong trainers. BTW a balisong is the correct name..not butterfly knife(a butterfly knife is a reference to the twin short swords weilded by chinese martial artists), most likely the missnomer arose from the benchmade logo which is a Butterfly (they made and sold lotsa balisongs). Checkout the spyderco versions....also very nice.

Cheers,
    g

FW1314A
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sry, but do u collect cai dao? jus kidding. no offense,
    BURN RUBBER NOT YOUR SOUL

original_ss
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by gddigger+May 03, 2007 01:47 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (gddigger &#064; May 03, 2007 01:47 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>There is no legal blade length, you get caught or checked with even a lil blade of one inch at the wrong place, wrong time with no reasonable explanation means you&#39;re in trouble.[/b]

Hmm..this portion is very grey...or rather, I&#39;m nt really clear on ur point.
    Are swiss army knifes considered as blade?

<!--QuoteBegin-gddigger
    @May 03, 2007 01:47 am
    There are many brands to look at and many types of knives. I&#39;ve been a fan of spyderco for many years and eventhough I have a few other pieces to have on me, I usually end up with my trusty spyderco "michael Walker" lightweight on me. Spyderco is an american brand name but a majority of their knives are made in Japan (fit and finish, edge sharpness are confirmed right out of the box).

[/quote]
    Yeah man...another spyderco fan&#33;&#33;However I&#39;m still very green in knives or blades..hee...
    But cold steels&#39; blades are also attractive to me&#33;Always wanted to get one for myself..but instead bought as gifts for frends...haiz..

original_ss
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by FW1314A@May 04, 2007 01:12 am
    sry, but do u collect cai dao? jus kidding. no offense,
    Hmm..I tink there r ppl that do actually..hee..
    Good cai dao also doesnt come cheap u noe??

gddigger
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by original_ss+May 04, 2007 01:28 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (original_ss &#064; May 04, 2007 01:28 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Hmm..this portion is very grey...or rather, I&#39;m nt really clear on ur point.
    Are swiss army knifes considered as blade? [/b]

If you happen to have a small lil blade on your keychain and you look like "trouble" ie..nervous, sialan, etc the item in question can make life difficult because you are providing more reason for troubling yourself. Make sure you have a good explanation to having a tool on you ie for work or recreation, for instance, if you are going camping and you can bring your knife with you...don&#39;t forget the rest of your gear, I&#39;m afraid just the knife alone won&#39;t do. If you have the habit of having a tool with you, I would advise you to stow it away(home/office) if you gonna be where the crowds or police spot checks will be.
    Multi tools are a grey area for now, rumours have been making the rounds that multi tools with cutting blades MAY be restricted carry but keep your fingers crossed.

Chai toh and other kitchen knives are collected as well, people collect many things.
    A Good shushi knife can set you back a few thousand dollars.

<!--QuoteBegin-original_ss
    @May 04, 2007 01:28 am

Yeah man...another spyderco fan&#33;&#33;However I&#39;m still very green in knives or blades..hee...
    But cold steels&#39; blades are also attractive to me&#33;Always wanted to get one for myself..but instead bought as gifts for frends...haiz..
    [/quote]

Original_ss, learn and save money. Bladeforums is a good place to learn and good stuff don&#39;t come cheap.

Cheers,
    g

gohjohan
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I saw some nice knives in Hat Yai during my last trip. Some knives (even balisongs) are sold at the road side and there was this shop in the city with so many varieties that I was thinking in my mind how to take 1 sword back home. Thankfully I didn&#39;t buy it or else I have to change more baht

I&#39;m more of a Swiss Army knife collector, especially the huge tool kits set. I&#39;ve stopped after I realised that Leatherman tools are more practical for my riding and touring use.

kmax
    rides bicycle
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the really useful info gddigger.

so whatever i have in my hands become illegal... ahhhh.

i thought the knife with short blade is no problem.. but as u said... better store at home behind closet.. hahaha..

and for swiss army knife, or multitool.. i always wanted to bring with my bike wheneer i go outing or jb.. but afraid the spot check or custom check will make problem.

i love spyderco too.. but their piece are so damn expensive... expecially collector item the skeleton blade with spider web etched on the blade.. damn nice..

i was thinking to bring in very short knife, like SOG micron for next oversea trip, pretending as keychain.. hahha.. now no courage...

any knife from ur collection u want to sell ??? i am always here...

take care bro.. and thank you so much.

gohjohan
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always carry multi-tool but it&#39;s inside the leather sheath that I put inside my pouch. As long as it&#39;s not worn outside, I think should be ok. After all, as long as it&#39;s not visible, you&#39;re not considered a threat, so at the customs, they&#39;ll go easier on you.

kmax
    rides bicycle
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by gddigger@May 03, 2007 01:47 am
    I was for a while..really hungry for the Emerson Commander, luckily I couldn&#39;t find one till the fever died).
    bro...

emerson commander should be like that ?

really pretty piece..

i&#39;ve always wanted Tom Brown Tracker from the movie The Hunted

kmax
    rides bicycle
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by gohjohan@May 04, 2007 12:21 pm
    I always carry multi-tool but it&#39;s inside the leather sheath that I put inside my pouch. As long as it&#39;s not worn outside, I think should be ok. After all, as long as it&#39;s not visible, you&#39;re not considered a threat, so at the customs, they&#39;ll go easier on you.
    thanks for the advice bro..

gddigger
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kmax, that is the emerson commander(one of the versions), the military version is actually about one or two cm longer and not available for sale..it won the Hard Use knife award from blade magazine more than ten years ago(thats what got me excited)..Hard Use means heavy thrashing.

The tom brown tracker you have pictured is the production model from TOPS knives, its an interesting knife, Sheares Marketing(Beach Road near Raffles Hotel) used to have a couple for sale early last year. The "Hunted" is one of the best example for knife work/form and Tom Brown is known for being a trainer/advisor for the American special forces for survival and fieldcraft so a knife designed by him ought to be very practical.

You can carry a multi tool..no prob, it is after all a tool, any idiot can see that but a knife by itself can be seen as a tool or a weapon. Tools are legal to carry, weapons are not, do the math. Of course if you are stopped carrying a bag of tools and you are not a repairman(ie plumber, electrician, handyman, etc) in an area where there are breakins...hope your explanation is a good one.

Cheers,
    g

kmax
    rides bicycle
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by gddigger@May 05, 2007 01:27 am
    Kmax, that is the emerson commander(one of the versions), the military version is actually about one or two cm longer and not available for sale..it won the Hard Use knife award from blade magazine more than ten years ago(thats what got me excited)..Hard Use means heavy thrashing.

The tom brown tracker you have pictured is the production model from TOPS knives, its an interesting knife, Sheares Marketing(Beach Road near Raffles Hotel) used to have a couple for sale early last year. The "Hunted" is one of the best example for knife work/form and Tom Brown is known for being a trainer/advisor for the American special forces for survival and fieldcraft so a knife designed by him ought to be very practical.

You can carry a multi tool..no prob, it is after all a tool, any idiot can see that but a knife by itself can be seen as a tool or a weapon. Tools are legal to carry, weapons are not, do the math. Of course if you are stopped carrying a bag of tools and you are not a repairman(ie plumber, electrician, handyman, etc) in an area where there are breakins...hope your explanation is a good one.

Cheers,
    g
    Thanks bro.. i&#39;ll go and find this Sheares Marketing.

afterall.. i realize i am just newbie in knives.. hahah.. just know only popular brands and not a decade-old-hard-core-collector..

if i find something interesting.. i&#39;ll update here. cheers

kmax
    rides bicycle
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my dream pieces.

ebay1

ebay2

smokin
    has no status.
    SBF CB400s
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

currently owned
    benchmade Mini Griptilian, Spyderco native, several SAKs and Leatherman charge Ti.
    Sold away the big ones like Benchmade Griptilain and Spyderco Delica.
    Aiming for Spyderco Mini Manix. may want a Spyderco Pacific Salt.
    Sebenza are the ones to die for---but freaking expensive.
    collected lights as well. any of u here? have a modded mag 2D, 2 surefire, Arc P, Fenix....
    pos·er (pozr) n.
    A Sportbike rider who habitually pretends to be something he is not and only care about how they appear to the public as their bikes are nothing more than props to get them noticed by girls or even teenage boys which they want to impress with fictional tales of all the hardcore riding they do.

gddigger
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by smokin@May 06, 2007 10:36 pm
    currently owned
    benchmade Mini Griptilian, Spyderco native, several SAKs and Leatherman charge Ti.
    collected lights as well. any of u here? have a modded mag 2D, 2 surefire, Arc P, Fenix....
    Benchmade griptillian not so big, but the mini is a comfy size to pocket.
    Have a few spydies..rookie, delica, walker lightweight, wayne goddard.
    One Al Mar kitchen knife, a couple of bokers, three koji haras, Tsuge attack One, New soldier folder #534, Blackjack Mamba and some Hattori san mai damascus kitchen knives.

Spyderco salts have very good steel, the H-1 steel does not rust and edge retention improves with sharpening, have a friend with sweaty palms who swears by them, what you need the pacific salt for?...fishing?

Sebenzas are very pricey and very rarely seen here, Chris Reeve makes good stuff, his hollow handled series of fixed blades are among the strongest ever made.
    Maybe you can try the benchmade skirmish or mini skirmish, like the sebbie..titanium handled and framelock(benchmade calls it monolock..same same). Not so ex...

Have a few surefires two G2s, E2E, E1L and current EDC a Jetbeam Mk II
    Cheers,
    g

kmax
    rides bicycle
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyone tried buying online ?? and send to sg ?

now i tried to buy this piece on ebay, but can they send it over ?

SOG Fusion Micron

it&#39;s really small and cute piece... with small blade.

kmax
    rides bicycle
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by gddigger@May 07, 2007 12:12 am
    Benchmade griptillian not so big, but the mini is a comfy size to pocket.
    Have a few spydies..rookie, delica, walker lightweight, wayne goddard.
    One Al Mar kitchen knife, a couple of bokers, three koji haras, Tsuge attack One, New soldier folder #534, Blackjack Mamba and some Hattori san mai damascus kitchen knives.

Spyderco salts have very good steel, the H-1 steel does not rust and edge retention improves with sharpening, have a friend with sweaty palms who swears by them, what you need the pacific salt for?...fishing?

Sebenzas are very pricey and very rarely seen here, Chris Reeve makes good stuff, his hollow handled series of fixed blades are among the strongest ever made.
    Maybe you can try the benchmade skirmish or mini skirmish, like the sebbie..titanium handled and framelock(benchmade calls it monolock..same same). Not so ex...

Have a few surefires two G2s, E2E, E1L and current EDC a Jetbeam Mk II
    Cheers,
    g
    gddigger... if there&#39;s any chance... i&#39;d like to see ur collection someday...

gddigger
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by kmax@May 10, 2007 09:26 pm
    anyone tried buying online ?? and send to sg ?

now i tried to buy this piece on ebay, but can they send it over ?

SOG Fusion Micron

it&#39;s really small and cute piece... with small blade.
    Well, instead of going through with this online order, i would advise you to order through sheares marketing who are the agents for SOG here, or better still check if they have any in stock... , they will register you with an official receipt if necessary(most knives need to cept for kitchen knives and tiny ones).

Your eyes will drop out when you see what they have there, need patience and no crowd to look look, behave yourself and they may actually let you feel.

Cheers,
    g

They(Ebay) can send over BUT you may need to go have coffee at A n E to get a permit to import. If officer not happy with knife or you, may make you export it....

kmax
    rides bicycle
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i&#39;ve been to sheares marketing and it&#39;s really impressive place..

got my jaws dropped to see their collection and various items...

and like u said... i&#39;ve placed my order thru them for SOG Fusion Micron.

i want some of their SOG knives butta... may be next month. have to renew my bike&#39;s road tax and insurance....

the boss and salesman are really friendly persons.. though i didnt bought anything, i chat with them for about 30 minutes..

and that Tops Tom Brown Tracker.... it&#39;s now collector piece... the guy told me he&#39;ll find old stock and bring in for me....

it&#39;s all for sheras marketing..

kmax
    rides bicycle
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by smokin@May 06, 2007 10:36 pm
    currently owned
    i&#39;ve found one Spyderco Pacific Salt there at sheras marketing with yellow handle..

jia_yvon
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by fleaz@April 29, 2007 04:16 pm
    actually you would be able to import on your own. i know of a friend who does that, you just need to get it registered.
    ani 1 can juz import on their own. have to go cantoment for inspection onli.

Quote Originally Posted by newbie View Post
    dats y. i computer hero

kmax
    rides bicycle
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by jia_yvon@May 13, 2007 11:37 am
    ani 1 can juz import on their own. have to go cantoment for inspection onli.
    pls share us the procedure and address as well.. many thanks

original_ss
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by kmax@May 13, 2007 10:16 am
    i&#39;ve found one Spyderco Pacific Salt there at sheras marketing with yellow handle..

Hmm..my colleague hav one of this too...but a black handled one....

original_ss
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gddigger
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kmax, the tracker is hard to get. they used to have a damascus version of the tracker. Have asked them about it...its on order. Please take note of their new address, they will be shifting in the next couple of months.

Cheers,
    g

kmax
    rides bicycle
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ohhh i forgot to ask their new address.. could u kindly update us when u know.... thanks....

gddigger
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right now at 43 Beach road, between shaw towers and raffles hotel. Moving to 231 Selegie road, diagonally across from tekka mall. should be around june or later.

cheers,
    g

kmax
    rides bicycle
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks bro.. after spending on my bike... should visit them again..

coz go there now and just come back with list-of-wants...

good knife deserves good price...

gddigger
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by kmax@May 15, 2007 01:19 am
    thanks bro.. after spending on my bike... should visit them again..

coz go there now and just come back with list-of-wants...

good knife deserves good price...
    Well, would advise you to read up and learn what is good and what is bad. Most likely as a starter collector...you will be going gaga over the "tactical" knives, if you are(going gaga gaga) always remember..the americans are pretty good at hyping up their ware.
    Money is hard to come by, take your time to decide, then go get....

Cheers,
    g

kmax
    rides bicycle
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the advice bro.

i was really dying to get KABAR as seen in movies... and later found out it&#39;s not really rare... but still looks good as USMC knife...

any collector item u want to recommend ?

gddigger
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally I would&#39;nt want to buy a new leather handled Kabar (like in world war two design). If you want to get one to keep for display, remember, the handle can explode on you....the steel they use for the new production knives rusts very easily, as metal rusts..it expands, causing the handle to crack open.... thats why I never did mention kabar. The circa world war two ones are really worth the money because they used good steel(no rusting) and its likely the piece has seen action(if you know what I mean...).

There are many pieces worth collecting, what direction are you going and what is your budget? If you are going tactical, I&#39;m afraid bayonets could get you into trouble, I like microtech and masters of defence but I don&#39;t have any now(traded in my two limited editions one lightfoot and one socom elite) for something else.

If you really want something primo, save and get Al Mar knives, old stuff better, especially when he was still alive and running the company. There is nothing that beats good design and top class material. A good starter for you would be an Al Mar SERE 2000 folder, go check price and read all about it..then decide if you want to go that way.....

Cheers,
    g

kmax
    rides bicycle
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the advice... these days.. i see mostly CRKT, Gerber and SOG knives.... they look cool... but as u said... they arent rare items..

but still expensive.. i&#39;ll read and learn more.....

kmax
    rides bicycle
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

guys.... i found some really cool knives on yahoo... though price is not too cheap..

yahoo auction

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast