User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PLEASE, I BEG YOU TO RECONSIDER, to give allowance time for rider to insert their cas

HelmetBOX!
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jkaiser View Post
    seriously, i dun see y is it so difficult to insert ur cashcard way before the gantry. Let's say you know that you are going on the expressway, if it's @ the peak hours and you know that your route would pass by gantry, just put in at the start..

If you're talking about a last min decision to turn into ERP road, say CBD, i'm sure you can find a place to stop on normal road (not Eway) to put in cashcard.

All boils down to your planning and anticipation, and remembering to remove the card after use
    there is people like me who don't going into the gantry fequently only remember to put cashcard in and don't remember to take it out.
    serioulsy i had been riding for a couple of years till now i still not very sure about the ERP operation timing especially those on the expressway..
    hahaha

maybe i'm just a jerk who can't be bother about it..
    hahah
    Arai V-Cross2 Arai Rx7r3 Haga Arai Ram2 Arai Rx7r3 Conlin Edward Arai Rx7r3 Mick Doohan Arai Ram 2 Arai Rx7r4 Gunmetal Arai RX7r4 Shinaya Nakano Shoei X11 Kato Black Arai Ram 3 Gunmetal Arai Ram 3 Shoei Neotec Shoei J-cruise

KTM 200EXC Gilera Runner SP Aprilia RS250 Hornet 250 Gilera Runner Vxr Yamaha Yzf 05R6 Honda Wave 125 X9 Evo 200 SilverWing 400 Yamaha Tmax XP500 NC700XD STX C650GT

NorthPole
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jkaiser View Post
    seriously, i dun see y is it so difficult to insert ur cashcard way before the gantry. Let's say you know that you are going on the expressway, if it's @ the peak hours and you know that your route would pass by gantry, just put in at the start..

If you're talking about a last min decision to turn into ERP road, say CBD, i'm sure you can find a place to stop on normal road (not Eway) to put in cashcard.

All boils down to your planning and anticipation, and remembering to remove the card after use
    Students like you who have a single route to travel everyday can plan your insert card before starting journey and remove at end of journey as a single daily habit. As you sure as hell know for sure whether the ERP is operational for your route at the specific time because it is a daily routine.

Working folks like me have varied travelling patterns. I travel to an average of 10 constant working locations on different days of the week. Only 1 of these require a IU. Another require IU if the day is changed. Another depends on what route I am taking. And change of travelling pattern is quite frequent. And a lot of our entries into gentry locations is just travel travel then EHHH!!! How come got gentry ah?

Thus what you deem easy is say easy but do hard. For those of us whom the travelling pattern is too varied, it is quite common to forget to remove the CashCard at the end of the journey. And some places in Singapore, you 10mins later remember you 101% won't see your CashCard again if you turn back to look. Twice I forgot my card at Peace Center, both times I turn back also gone already. I am happy for you as your parking location is not prowled by professional card "finders" but would like to inform that other locations are sure that you forget for 10mins, you won't stand a chance in hell to see your card again.

When I was studying in NTU, I also had no problems with remembering to insert my cashcard coz it is a near daily affair. And even when I forgot to remove, the card is usually there hours later waiting for me.

mi5trooper
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just want u to know. i too am not very good and remember. i have even try to find out the price and time of the erp gantry (at highway and at cbd).

yes, i found the price list, but the 6pm-8pm was not there.

And usually i am the victim of 6pm-8pm. (i know it is not a recent practice already. it is still near compare the the early morning timing. it is the early morning time that have all this erp started)

i have lost 6 cash card this yr. 2 was due to my forgetfullness. 1 is due to forgot to lock the lock. 2 is becos of break in (my iu is well covered. the theif is breaking in trying their luck). once, after they don't find anything on the iu, they break the box.

** lucky all 3 breakin (in yr 2007) did not damage alot on the iu cover. I am lucky cos i don't know if the cover can be purchase or not. sigh....

rest assure that a man who cannot remember is not a jerk. We have every right to speak for a better solution.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmetBOX! View Post
    there is people like me who don't going into the gantry fequently only remember to put cashcard in and don't remember to take it out.
    serioulsy i had been riding for a couple of years till now i still not very sure about the ERP operation timing especially those on the expressway..
    hahaha

maybe i'm just a jerk who can't be bother about it..
    hahah

mi5trooper
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i totally agree. just like the cash card warning sign at the custom check point. it is put up 3 sign as far as 1 km. these are precaution well taken. it pre warn the motorist to exit if cash card is not enough.

I DO HOPE that this practice can be use on all gantry. warn the motorist to exit if not enough cash card and also telling motorist there is a gantry ahead 1km or etc.

The installation cost fee will not be high. I will volunteer to install as a labour worker if need to. This is for the good of all motorist.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmetBOX! View Post
    maybe they should set a sign board like ERP OPERATION 400metre ahead please insert cashcard like those in the expressway stating accidents ahead slow down

mi5trooper
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

exactly. well say as a laymen point of view.

We are only lawful singaporean and not the scholarship people that form up the government.

There is a chinese saying "he who listen to the people, win the country".

And for now, i think the people is speaking very reasonably.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthPole View Post
    Students like you who have a single route to travel everyday can plan your insert card before starting journey and remove at end of journey as a single daily habit. As you sure as hell know for sure whether the ERP is operational for your route at the specific time because it is a daily routine.

Working folks like me have varied travelling patterns. I travel to an average of 10 constant working locations on different days of the week. Only 1 of these require a IU. Another require IU if the day is changed. Another depends on what route I am taking. And change of travelling pattern is quite frequent. And a lot of our entries into gentry locations is just travel travel then EHHH!!! How come got gentry ah?

Thus what you deem easy is say easy but do hard. For those of us whom the travelling pattern is too varied, it is quite common to forget to remove the CashCard at the end of the journey. And some places in Singapore, you 10mins later remember you 101% won't see your CashCard again if you turn back to look. Twice I forgot my card at Peace Center, both times I turn back also gone already. I am happy for you as your parking location is not prowled by professional card "finders" but would like to inform that other locations are sure that you forget for 10mins, you won't stand a chance in hell to see your card again.

When I was studying in NTU, I also had no problems with remembering to insert my cashcard coz it is a near daily affair. And even when I forgot to remove, the card is usually there hours later waiting for me.

jkaiser
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NorthPole View Post

My qn is: Do you start off your journey (ie. u can no longer access ur cashcard easily anymore) w/o knowing where you would be going? I am sure if u make 10 journeys per day, surely you would be experienced enough to know whether your intended route will have erp gantry along the way or not.

The problem here is that if you dun anticipate your journeys, then cannot help u liaoz... and it's not that hard to remember operation times (to me at least), all expressway gantries (except CTE northbound) are morning operation.. CBD is till 7pm, with a 10-12 free window..
    From the ice cream man bike aka my little black lamb RX100..to All Blacks Bandit 400, to the legendary 1285 bandit

NUS Students' Motorcycling Interest Group "NUSRiders" Forum
    nusriders@gmail.com

mi5trooper
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sigh..........

sikonesis
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mi5trooper>>> lane splitting is riding between the lanes, on the dashed lines.

& actually, there are ERP warning signs. you will notice them just before
    entrances to areas with gantries, and they normally have something like:

ERP mon-fri
    0800 - 1900

or something like that.

jkaiser>>> dude, for the sake of argument, just a few scenarios:
    1) totally forgot about a gantry in the route
    2) anticipating a gantry that's offline when it's actually on
    3) sudden change in route from 1 that doesn't involve gantries to 1 that does

i think all these would cause the situation as highlighted by the TS. & all
    these are scenarios which would happen daily. and even if you make 10
    journeys a day, chances are you'll still forget, as proven by mr northpole
    who actually goes through it as opposed to you, who's just making a
    conjecture.
    mods done:
    powerplant device, fuel injector venturis,
    underseat cylindrical air filter, bassy stock cans,
    super-sensitive in-built gyroscope, inertia-based accelerometer,
    streamlined panniers (zero drag),
    taped up wires, exposed grounding wires,
    TBC mounted, custom tire pressures.

litre bikes watch out!

mi5trooper
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the info about what is lane splitting. i know know what does it mean.

not all have the warning sign. for eg, u are coming from pie (from changi toward jurong) and goes up into cte. there is no sign indicating. after the turn, you will see the gantry. there is a little shoulder before the gantry. the road lead to the slowest land (i don't know is lane 4 or lane 1). this is the "trap" i feel injust.

If heading from city to amk on cte, you will see the gantry very far away. i never notice about sign. but there are plenty of room for insert cash card even while riding (just a expression)

i am talking about the 6pm-8pm night time gantry.

Actually if the traffic warrant issue you with just fine you with $$ for stopping at the road shoulder, it is still not as bad. i mean the feeling of unjust is there, but still can swollen. it is the demrit point that i sometime felt is unjust to road user (if this happen). (pls don't go about say if you do the crime you pay the time solgan. it is different here)

Quote Originally Posted by sikonesis View Post

ERP mon-fri
    0800 - 1900

or something like that.

conjecture.

mi5trooper
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

do you remember visiting woodland checkpoint?
    do you remember seeing many road sign tell you to top up your cash card an to tell u about th 3/4 petrol?
    do you remember that there is a exit for people to exit if they do not have their cash card or not enough vaid or not enough petrol?

This is the exact life style practice should apply to our gantry. enough warning before excution.

contrarian
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mi5trooper View Post
    4. traffic warrant is issuing fine "stop at road side" with demrit point and fine. this is the part which i am appealing. This is extremely unfair for road user who "without thinking" stop on the road side for 15-30 second to insert their cash card and moved on.
    To forget is not wrong.
    What is wrong is to stop at the shoulder when you know that you shouldn't. At that point, you had a choice and you stopped.

"Without thinking"?
    Do you know what the hit-and-run driver might say if he gets caught? He'd say, oh, he drove off because it was unexpected and he didn't know how to react, he drove off "without thinking".

Do you know what the driver of the vehicle in front of you would say if he stopped in front of you to insert his cashcard, and you slammed into him? He'd say he stopped "without thinking".

Mistakes, we all make. Excuses, most of us can make up - someone or something else is always the cause of our misfortune or mistake. To live with our mistakes and learn from them, can we?
    He who hesitates is lost!

mi5trooper
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

do you remember visiting woodland checkpoint?
    do you remember seeing many road sign tell you to top up your cash card an to tell u about th 3/4 petrol?
    do you remember that there is a exit for people to exit if they do not have their cash card or not enough vaid or not enough petrol?

This is the exact life style practice should apply to our gantry. enough warning in all direction before excution.

Pplater
    is on the saddle
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pardon me, is it an offence to stop my bike 100metres before the gantry on expressway emergency lane to insert the cash card and go? I have always been doing this on the rare occasion i encountered gantry but did not have cashcard in it. This is of course, with safe lane changing if i have the chance. I mean, its not an offence to stop on the Emergency lane right? not to wait half an hour for the ERP gantry to go offline etc, but to insert cashcard. Don't we all stop by e-lane to wear raincoat when its about to rain? Surely no one has been summoned for that right? I don't see the difference between stopping by e-lane to wear rain coat and stopping to insert cashcard.
    P-plate should be an attitude to safety and riding. There's always more to learn.

mi5trooper
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well pal. no worries.

the rule book says it is an offence. i forget the fine is 70 or 150. but i know it is 3 point.

yes, i mean really safely go to the shoulder with full signer and etc, with engine running and the stop is like 30 sec. and yes, people do get fine for this.

and yes, wearing rain coat and etc. that too is an offence to stop at the shoulder of the highway. "no excuse at all. we as rider should ride exit from the highway for rain gear wearing and enter into the highway for traveling again. or etc."

everyday i passed the gantry seeing people who really WAIT for the time to pass (at 6.15 pm. which mean they have to wait till 8pm). i said to myself why is heaven so unfair to honest people like me.

How i know they are waiting? they are sitting at the road sholder fences smoking and chatting. in my own word, i will say "there is no god watching over me".

anyway, i really feel that the rules "stop at road shoulder is not allow unless it is emergency (life and death)" is really xxxx. i mean the rule book should say "no stoping at road shoulder unless neccessary. road user should practice exteme cautious in nego into the road shoulder and ensure not a haze to other road user. or something like that". give fine if really must, but why give point?

I know that my comment will get "fire" at me again.

and basically my view is either
    1. give us a thief-proof solution with our IU unit and cash card issue,
    2. or write in the rule book to allow grace period of stopping at road shoulder /
    3. or allocate a stopping area box at road shoulder before gantry location.
    4. OR give alot of amber warning (similar to woodland custome cash card warning and last exit chance) for gantry usage.

will this comment bring attn to the related gov for consideration? I don't really think so. maybe just a "value your feedback".

Not many people will understand this issue from a 3rd party point of view. sigh...

Quote Originally Posted by Pplater View Post
    Pardon me, is it an offence to stop my bike 100metres before the gantry on expressway emergency lane to insert the cash card and go? I have always been doing this on the rare occasion i encountered gantry but did not have cashcard in it. This is of course, with safe lane changing if i have the chance. I mean, its not an offence to stop on the Emergency lane right? not to wait half an hour for the ERP gantry to go offline etc, but to insert cashcard. Don't we all stop by e-lane to wear raincoat when its about to rain? Surely no one has been summoned for that right? I don't see the difference between stopping by e-lane to wear rain coat and stopping to insert cashcard.

NorthPole
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ERP mon-fri
    0800 - 1900

or something like that.

conjecture.
    Eh miscommunication here... I don't travel to 10 locations/day... I mean I travel to 10 locations/week. Thus the norm is I dun go thru ERP operational roads 90% of the time unlike the kid who travel the same ERP operational roads almost everyday and thus it is a easy to remember habit for him as opposed to me who seldom need to remove cashard on my journeys and therefore is likely to forgot( not habit what!) to remove cashcard.

But why you bother go argue with a kid who think the world revolve around him and that what is ok for him would be ok for the rest of us? Only when he find himself in a similar situation to us( where the trips doesn't routinely require the use of the IU) then he will appreciate what we saying. He don't encounter he won't change his mind one. That's to be expected of kids and civil servants.

revenge
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i really agree with the threadstarter l0r
    Looking at the ride tells everything about the rider

Pplater
    is on the saddle
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am amazed people get fined for stopping for inserting cash card at the road shoulder. And that its an offence to stop at road shoulder to wear rain coat is an offence. I believe no one in Singapore has been summoned for stopping to wear rain coat, or there would have been an uproar. I guess TP enforces this on a give and take basis.

I also believe they summon indiscriminately for all stopping before gantry as there are black sheeps who really wait before the gantry. how to summon these black sheeps when they could say they were just going to insert cash card? it makes enforecement difficult, so i guess like all bureaucracies, they took the typical bureaucratic solutions, enforce a catch all for those who wait before gantries. And now, in the typical bureaucratic fashion, they sit behind desks and give their BS replies which does not address the problem. so it becomes a game of "catch me if you can". It should be a matter of time before i run out of luck.
    P-plate should be an attitude to safety and riding. There's always more to learn.

forkie
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i got experience like from SLE > CTE > Shld be heading into TPE home. But blurz pple like me sometimes missed the filter into TPE while happily njoying the breeze and scenery So landed in CTE straight up with ERP in operation. How ah ? didnt anticipate leh cos my route didnt involve any ERP gantry oso.
    αll oveR Ür toWή

mi5trooper
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes and no to the comment below.

yes. they took the easy way. no they don't give 2nd chance (or should i say 3rd chance).

(taking this as an example only)

presume u went to LTA for appeal. The nice officer will listen to u and explain to you that it is an offence to stop on the road shoulder even for wearing rain coat. or etc.

Maybe, at the end of the appeal, you are given a chance. the demerit point is waive off. (this is consider a big favour liao). then of cos the record will say u were given a chance lah.

then, the next time, they will say no chance liao.

I know some will fire me again with the above scenerio. But please bear in mind that this is not like "speeding to see a dying family member" and tp give u chance hor. this is a daily "mistaken" that mostlikely will make once a year at least.

anyway. this issue is most likely too small to quali itself into the gov to debate and rule amending. But then, 1 voice is small and many voice is big. beside the request is not stupid in a certain point of view.

off the topic. i just remember a statement of a judge say i read somewhere in the paper,

"you got rape is not becos you want to get rape. you did not ask for it. you were rape not becos of your outfit nor your looks. don't blame yourself for being rape".

hmm.. ok. come to think of it, the above got totally nothing to do with iu unit. hehe.. i just too lazy to delete it off. remember it is off the topic and not realate.

Quote Originally Posted by Pplater View Post
    I am amazed people get fined for stopping for inserting cash card at the road shoulder. And that its an offence to stop at road shoulder to wear rain coat is an offence. I believe no one in Singapore has been summoned for stopping to wear rain coat, or there would have been an uproar. I guess TP enforces this on a give and take basis.

I also believe they summon indiscriminately for all stopping before gantry as there are black sheeps who really wait before the gantry. how to summon these black sheeps when they could say they were just going to insert cash card? it makes enforecement difficult, so i guess like all bureaucracies, they took the typical bureaucratic solutions, enforce a catch all for those who wait before gantries. And now, in the typical bureaucratic fashion, they sit behind desks and give their BS replies which does not address the problem. so it becomes a game of "catch me if you can". It should be a matter of time before i run out of luck.

mi5trooper
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so, did u see any big road sign before the CTE to tell u to exit into PIE if you forgot to insert your cash card or not enough money in cash card?

today i will go see see look look.

visa versa. if u coming from pie and going into CTE AMK , do u see any big warning sign??

i will go see see look look too.

Quote Originally Posted by forkie View Post
    i got experience like from SLE > CTE > Shld be heading into TPE home. But blurz pple like me sometimes missed the filter into TPE while happily njoying the breeze and scenery So landed in CTE straight up with ERP in operation. How ah ? didnt anticipate leh cos my route didnt involve any ERP gantry oso.

mi5trooper
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

off the topic. about your quote. did u really change a gf becos of your bike?

just curious. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by revenge View Post
    i really agree with the threadstarter l0r

mi5trooper
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

off the topic again.

i remember seeing this movie about a new king want to set free the salve. the "rule book keeper" say "it is in the rule book that king should own salve and salve and his next generation cannot be set free. it is in the rule book" the king withdraw his order to set free the salve unwillingly. he say "what good is a king if he cannot set rules that free his people"

many years later, the king break the rule book with a hammer (the rule book is a wall full of writing from the first king). the king also fire the rule book keeper and free the country salve. the salve serve the king full hearted.

how nice the story become. nice movie.

toofaz
    has no status.
    Class 2
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my personal practice is simple but it helps me a lot...i always carry my cashcard in my pocket meaning my front pockets.i dun keep my cashcard in wallet.so when the need arises i dig in my pocket n insert in the IU while on the bike,so 1 hand on handle bar the other digging the pocket.n dun put to many other cards in the pocket,so tat u will be sure it is a cashcard.tis method suits me well when the need arise..

Pplater
    is on the saddle
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by toofaz View Post
    my personal practice is simple but it helps me a lot...i always carry my cashcard in my pocket meaning my front pockets.i dun keep my cashcard in wallet.so when the need arises i dig in my pocket n insert in the IU while on the bike,so 1 hand on handle bar the other digging the pocket.n dun put to many other cards in the pocket,so tat u will be sure it is a cashcard.tis method suits me well when the need arise..
    Ya lor.. Me also. Nowadays wear mesh riding jacket.. which has a lot of zip pockets, so stand by one in pocket when anticipate ERP gantry but dunno in operation or not. There are of course other methods like, punch a small hole in your cashcard and tie a string to your key, top up $5 or $10 each time only, paste sticker over the ERP unit so people less likely to see a cashcard there.. Hmm.. any other methods?

mi5trooper
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i blacken my plastic cover. i got a "leather" IU unit cover that pratically cover up the whole unit. i have 2 lock. and i have tie a "hair band" on the unit to prevent the cover from flipping up with i am riding.

dispite all this. Thief break in 3 time. got 1 time the thief leave the broken locks on the tank to demo that it is useless. the other 2 time is the time leave the lock on the floor. got 1 time (i don't lock the iu unit becos i got didn't have card in there liao), he find nothing to gain, he break up my 3 box. he didn't take anything important. the box contain a 4 yr old rain gear, some can of wax and clearing agent, bike cover. he did take 3 small cartoon figure that i found in a dustbin (people throw away one). my helmet is too smelly that is why it is not stolen too.

I make 3 police report offically, and 1 unoffical police report (i told the officer no need to write statement as he say they are increasing the petrol time).

anyway, the box lock now cannot repair for 1 box. i really feel like telling the theif that i will give him money if he just beg from me. the amount of damage he do to my bike cost me more.

The bike is park at open space, under a street lamb and is a main road that people walk in and out one. of cos it is legally park at a carpark lot.

yes. i try the card in pocket and string trick. the string trick work better. i got 1 time nearly lost control trying to get a card out of the pocket. for your info, i pay the $10 fine for that time. that is last year liao.

I also try install the iu unit under the seat and inside the box. the sansor cannot detect 100% of the iu. thus i remove and put back in the bike front again.

I am not going to count how many time i forget the card in the bike for the past many years. this issue is settle by tieing a string on the key. except that in the past 2 year, i got forget to remove the key 2 time. all 3 time is a lucky safe inncident for me.

IS there any tricks i have not try? i don't think so. i wrote my design to LTA after the IU has launch 4month many years ago. I remember got some simple drawing on the letter i wrote too. my guess were the orignally design iu was mass produce, that is why my design was not taken into consider.

the 5th month, got people come up with the IU cover design and goes to the tv show. (i envy)

off the topic, IU can also be know as IOU. hehe.... joking....

mi5trooper
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i just want to really thank you from allowing me to pour my heart out here. i feel so much better now. Thank you, honestly.

contrarian
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

In the case of another dude:
    ---
    Appeal rejected after police reviewed case

Todayonline
    Tuesday • July 3, 2007

Letter from Toh Boon Ngee, Assistant Director (Media Relations) (Covering), Public Affairs Department, Singapore Police Force

The Police would like to inform Mr Anuar Md Rais ("At times, it's safer to pull over", June 21) that after he sent his letter of appeal on April 25, the Traffic Police reviewed the case and found that the offence of stopping his vehicle on the road shoulder along Bukit Timah Expressway (BKE) had been correctly reported.

We then informed him on May 7 that his appeal had been rejected.

Before issuing the summons on April 4, our officer had stopped on the road shoulder and observed that Mr Anuar and five other motorcyclists were standing next to their motorcycles, with no signs of debris, breakdown or emergency.

They only moved off after our officer signalled for them to do so. All six motorcyclists were then booked for the same offence.

The Traffic Police have been taking enforcement action against motorists who stop illegally at this location along the BKE to wait for their friends before or after a trip across the Causeway, in response to feedback received from members of public.

The Police would also like to clarify that vehicles are only allowed to stop on the shoulder of the expressways in cases of emergencies, like vehicular breakdowns.

The offence of stopping vehicles along the shoulder of the expressways entails a composition amount of $130 and four demerit points.

While the Traffic Police will continue to enforce road rules and educate road users, we strongly urge all motorists to play their part in making our roads safer.
    He who hesitates is lost!

mi5trooper
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just a thought.

1. i presumming the fine is issue by tp. which i belief may enforce their rightful duty with more thoughts and investigation. (subjected that he is not in a hurry to xxx. and he is really patience to investigate the issue and back with evident)

2. in gantry case, it is most likely to be traffic warrent. not traffic police. their duty (base on what i was told) is to view, issue the fine. no communicate and no investigation. their duty is to issue fine ticket. i do not know if they have a quota or not.

3. the case above illustrate that stopping at the road can be awarded with fine. "what if" the issue person didn't really investigate into the matter (i presume less likely in the case of our respectful police). it is a officer words against a peasant words.

hmm... i think the above writting is getting off topic and slightly emotion. by right i should just delete off. i am posting it just to think aloud. pls ignore this post if you don't like it. thanks.
    Last edited by mi5trooper; 09-07-2007 at 10:09 AM.

sikonesis
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

northpole>>> oh ok, i misinterpreted your earlier post.
    anyway, i think the main point you're making is that irregular journeys can
    create confusion/ forgetfulness leading to having no cashcard in the IU, right?

mi5trooper>>> i think that by overly securing your IU, you inadvertantly make it
    a much more tempting target for thieves, thinking that something so
    protected would surely hold a very valuable cashcard.

what you really need to do for now is to invest in an alarm system and a
    cashcard reminder. afterwards, make it a habit to start every journey by inserting
    the cashcard before you start the bike.

so then,
    1) you'd always have a cashcard in the IU when riding
    => no need to stop by the road shoulder near the gantry

2) the cashcard reminder will ensure you remove the cashcard after parking
    => no more stolen cashcards

3) the alarm would deter potential theives who set it off
    => less possibility of damage to your bike
    mods done:
    powerplant device, fuel injector venturis,
    underseat cylindrical air filter, bassy stock cans,
    super-sensitive in-built gyroscope, inertia-based accelerometer,
    streamlined panniers (zero drag),
    taped up wires, exposed grounding wires,
    TBC mounted, custom tire pressures.

litre bikes watch out!

darky
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mi5trooper View Post
    well pal. no worries.

the rule book says it is an offence. i forget the fine is 70 or 150. but i know it is 3 point.

yes, i mean really safely go to the shoulder with full signer and etc, with engine running and the stop is like 30 sec. and yes, people do get fine for this.

and yes, wearing rain coat and etc. that too is an offence to stop at the shoulder of the highway. "no excuse at all. we as rider should ride exit from the highway for rain gear wearing and enter into the highway for traveling again. or etc."

everyday i passed the gantry seeing people who really WAIT for the time to pass (at 6.15 pm. which mean they have to wait till 8pm). i said to myself why is heaven so unfair to honest people like me.

How i know they are waiting? they are sitting at the road sholder fences smoking and chatting. in my own word, i will say "there is no god watching over me".

anyway, i really feel that the rules "stop at road shoulder is not allow unless it is emergency (life and death)" is really xxxx. i mean the rule book should say "no stoping at road shoulder unless neccessary. road user should practice exteme cautious in nego into the road shoulder and ensure not a haze to other road user. or something like that". give fine if really must, but why give point?

I know that my comment will get "fire" at me again.

and basically my view is either
    1. give us a thief-proof solution with our IU unit and cash card issue,
    2. or write in the rule book to allow grace period of stopping at road shoulder /
    3. or allocate a stopping area box at road shoulder before gantry location.
    4. OR give alot of amber warning (similar to woodland custome cash card warning and last exit chance) for gantry usage.

will this comment bring attn to the related gov for consideration? I don't really think so. maybe just a "value your feedback".

Not many people will understand this issue from a 3rd party point of view. sigh...

i have a better oppinion. rather then to have the IU unit, they should install something that similar to the IU for bikes, but charging us by the number of times we passed by the gantry, and paying the sum at the end of the month. am thinking if they are capable of issuing $8 fines to us when we didnt have our cashcards in our IUs, they can also charge us according to our gantries' usage.

i dont see this as an unreasonable appeal, passing through gantries without cashcard is a 100% fine, so the ONLY reason why we didnt put it in is when we forget.
    in the process of getting 2B...

Dreambike: HONDA NSR150SP

mi5trooper
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in my preview experience (bad). i have my bike kicked and push over (presumming it is the bike alarm issue).

I use to have a bike that have install alarm (quite reasonable price alarm type).

anyway, i saw (at my top floor) some one kicking my bike becos the alarm has went off. the bike fall to it's side. (the person was not catch. too late)

anyway, i did practice insert and remove the card. i have 99% cure the "forget to remove cash" issue by tieing the card to my key. (the 1% is when i forget my key on the bike).

but it is usually that 1% that kills people.

in chinese word "cure pain and not curse the illness".

"if" this is a cancer cell, "the advice" is to take the pain killer only. "take the pain killer and u won't feel the pain, u are going to die anyway, why should we cure you"

(just a point of view only. and i am quite happy that someone comes out with the cash card reminder or item like this. it shows that the public are more effective then the gov)

just something pop into my mind. for shareing only.

remember last time we only have tape and not cd player in the car. sometime we want to play cd, we insert a tape (shape) item into the tape player. the item will have a wire that connect to your cd player and play the cd.

How i wish there is a item like it that we can insert into the iu. the wire can pull all the way into the save box under the seat.

northpole>>> oh ok, i misinterpreted your earlier post.
    anyway, i think the main point you're making is that irregular journeys can
    create confusion/ forgetfulness leading to having no cashcard in the IU, right?

mi5trooper>>> i think that by overly securing your IU, you inadvertantly make it
    a much more tempting target for thieves, thinking that something so
    protected would surely hold a very valuable cashcard.

what you really need to do for now is to invest in an alarm system and a
    cashcard reminder. afterwards, make it a habit to start every journey by inserting
    the cashcard before you start the bike.

so then,
    1) you'd always have a cashcard in the IU when riding
    => no need to stop by the road shoulder near the gantry

2) the cashcard reminder will ensure you remove the cashcard after parking
    => no more stolen cashcards

3) the alarm would deter potential theives who set it off
    => less possibility of damage to your bike

mi5trooper
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i really up for this idea too.

I am thinking if i am the gov, i will need to invest a sum of money into a software engineer to develop the system. will i want to invest into these expenses or not?

What do u think?

Anyway, if i am the gov, i will invest. and i will also give a 30day gace period for the person to payup the fine via xxxx.

why 30day and not the usual 14 days? becos the mail will need time to travel.

just my wishful thinking only.

Quote Originally Posted by darky View Post
    i have a better oppinion. rather then to have the IU unit, they should install something that similar to the IU for bikes, but charging us by the number of times we passed by the gantry, and paying the sum at the end of the month. am thinking if they are capable of issuing $8 fines to us when we didnt have our cashcards in our IUs, they can also charge us according to our gantries' usage.

i dont see this as an unreasonable appeal, passing through gantries without cashcard is a 100% fine, so the ONLY reason why we didnt put it in is when we forget.

RustyStar
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually become more mindful of having my cashcard in mu IU and taking them out at the end of my journey. Ever since I my company shifted to CBD area, I had to whack through 2 ERP gantries every day( PIE after Lornie Road, SIm Lim's Bencoolen St)

Had enough of stupid Government fines and had to pay double every time I forgot to insert my cashcard into the IU.

$0.25 per entry towards end on peak period but had to fork out $8.50 for forgetting to put cashcard into IU. Reason is for "admin charge". KNN...one fine can last me a good 3 weeks.

Hydher
    Is selling his GSXR1000
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

easy solution.. dun forget
    Dragstar 400 classic & Zx6r

compfused
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's the outcome of the appeal? I'm sure they wouldn't wanna "waste" more $$ into developin another sytem/IU..The current IUs they have will go to "waste"..

Quote Originally Posted by rehdyh View Post
    easy solution.. dun forget
    Actually that isthe hardest..
    09/07/2009 - Passed 2B TP (10th attempt)

I have tried to see things from your point of view..But no matter how hard I try..Or what I do..I just can't get my head that far up my butt..

MS
    is celebrating life.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No use talking to the MIW. I've never expected the decision makers to listen to the public too. And don't think the MIW will take care of us. We gotta take care of ourselves. By the way... how many MIW ride a motorcycle as a main mode of transport?

Do Not Tailgate Me!

LuckyThirteen
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well as riders the best is before each journey just insert the cashcard into the unit and remember to take it out after each journey.However i think I got some gadget that might be useful for forgetful riders just like myself.
    I just got myself a bike from a forummer who had this lil gadget installed onto the IU unit.The gadget works as such:

Start ur engine.
    Insert cashcard.
    Off ur engine.
    Lil gadget will beep.(To signal that cashcard is still in the IU)

I will try to post some pics of the said gadget and u all decide. If good response maybe can start an MO.

MS
    is celebrating life.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yamaha_thirteen View Post
    Well as riders the best is before each journey just insert the cashcard into the unit and remember to take it out after each journey.However i think I got some gadget that might be useful for forgetful riders just like myself.
    I just got myself a bike from a forummer who had this lil gadget installed onto the IU unit.The gadget works as such:

Start ur engine.
    Insert cashcard.
    Off ur engine.
    Lil gadget will beep.(To signal that cashcard is still in the IU)

I will try to post some pics of the said gadget and u all decide. If good response maybe can start an MO.
    You all see... ultimately we depend on ourselves. Depend on the MIW is a waste of time.

Do Not Tailgate Me!

nE0
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My solution is to put the IU unit somewhere deep in my fairing so its inaccessible even by me unless I remove the head fairing. Then I top up $100 or more into the cashcard and forget about it for the next few months.

Who will guard the guards?

LuckyThirteen
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MS View Post
    You all see... ultimately we depend on ourselves. Depend on the MIW is a waste of time.
    what is MIW?

thenation
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yamaha_thirteen View Post
    what is MIW?

Men In White...

i.e the govt...

BoThug88
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nE0 View Post
    My solution is to put the IU unit somewhere deep in my fairing so its inaccessible even by me unless I remove the head fairing. Then I top up $100 or more into the cashcard and forget about it for the next few months.
    hmm i don't think can detect..

nE0
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BoThug88 View Post
    hmm i don't think can detect..
    I think can detect. Went through countless ERP and carparks with no problems.

Who will guard the guards?

sheep
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Frankly speaking why should they help, give time allowance and forfeit the free $10 admin fee they can earn?
    Afterall, the ERP is out to squeeze money from road users already. Why would they settle for less?

~My 2 stroke never fails to set my heart racing~
    I am slow please don't bully me.

josh87
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i thought they were gonna implement the credit/debit card to iu thingie?

sypxcandy
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wa. didnt know that to stop and put cash card oso cant? i tot last time can de? the govt nowadays really out to eat our money sia. they so rich already still wan eat money from us. so unfair. sooner or later all will be tinking of migrating le.

class 2A- 7/9/10

Chocolate lover <3

Silent Hunter
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darky View Post

Hey, actually a cheap way is to KEEP THE CURRENT SYSTEM, but instead of using cash card, bill us at the end of the month, or whenever the amount exceeds $50.

IF YOU CAN SEND LETTERS THREATENING US TO PAY UP,25 CENTS OR BE CHARGED IN COURT,
    YOU CAN BILL US MONTHLY ERP BILLS !

WE BIKERS ARE NOT CHEAPSKATES. WE DON'T MIND PAYING FOR THE POSTAGE STAMP.

SO DON'T SAY THIS WILL INCUR MORE COST FOR THE GOVERNMENT

If the amount is like $0.25, for the entire year, OBVIOUSLY the guy has not been using the roads much, and did not add to the Traffic Congestion Problem and the government should just be gracious and skip the 25 cents bill altogether!
    Last edited by Silent Hunter; 12-10-2008 at 11:41 AM.

dragonforce
    riding old bike
    Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Hunter View Post
    Hey, actually a cheap way is to KEEP THE CURRENT SYSTEM, but instead of using cash card, bill us at the end of the month, or whenever the amount exceeds $50.

IF YOU CAN SEND LETTERS THREATENING US TO PAY UP,25 CENTS OR BE CHARGED IN COURT,
    YOU CAN BILL US MONTHLY ERP BILLS !

WE BIKERS ARE NOT CHEAPSKATES. WE DON'T MIND PAYING FOR THE POSTAGE STAMP.

SO DON'T SAY THIS WILL INCUR MORE COST FOR THE GOVERNMENT

If the amount is like $0.25, for the entire year, OBVIOUSLY the guy has not been using the roads much, and did not add to the Traffic Congestion Problem and the government should just be gracious and skip the 25 cents bill altogether!
    alternatively,
    check online how much we need to pay then pay online lor.. but my guess is nothing much is going to be done..
    Quote Originally Posted by motobike-search-engine.co.uk
    Rat bike - A motorcycle not necessarily kept in pristine condition, often painted matt black. Minimal maintenance and mismatched parts often used.

Silent Hunter
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dragonforce View Post
    alternatively,
    check online how much we need to pay then pay online lor.. but my guess is nothing much is going to be done..
    Yar lor! They can put online & on AXA say we didn't put cash card, must pay $10 for a 25 cent ERP.
    But instead of letting us PAY AS YOU USE using the same system, they force us to buy those lousy cash cards, that don't even work sometimes!

Really too much man!

Baphomet
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aiya no use and no point talking to the authorities...they will not do anything one..just pay up and hope dun forget again lor..we should rename this country as "lee Jia Puo" and not "sin Jia Puo" ..u know y? its own by the LEEs family. They can do whatever they want. What they said are gospel. ppl like us just suck thumb and obey la. democracy..ya rite...
    己所不欲,勿施于人

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast