User Tag List

Page 2 of 342 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 100 of 17053

Thread: Home of CBR600

  1. #51
    BuZZBeaM
    has no status.
    SBF Lacer BuZZBeaM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    West
    Posts
    5,335
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default



    Originally posted by Tweeky@Jul 27 2005, 12:33 PM
    like changing EO, spark plugs, mod bike, fix accessories, etc...
    alot of shops do those..
    jus tat whether u trust their skills n like their price


    *~it's not WHAT u ride, it's HOW u ride~*

  2. #52
    Tweeky
    has no status.
    P Plate Tweeky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    169
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    tats y ask u guys which shop u guys trust in doing all this stuff

     

     
  3. #53
    pillow
    has no status.
    Class 2B pillow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    441
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    hey hi...
    you people ridin this model CBR600RR '05?
    like to ask whether anyone installed frame sliders for this 600.
    cos i went boonsiew & stamford motors to enquire, they replied tat this model not
    recommended to fit frame sliders.
    in an event of an accident, the skeleton joint might get injured cos softer compound.
    1000RR more robust for frame sliders thou.
    dunno how true, so ask ard first.
    anyone installed oredi & which motordiam?


    i'm ridin a '05 black/silver version.
    stil runnin in at the moment.
    but i find this bike gets heated up easily. the highest i've reached so far is 108degree celius.
    anybody wanna comment?
    -=[ think twice act wise ]=-

  4. #54
    mechwira
    rides for recreation.
    TeePee mechwira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Bukit Panjang
    Posts
    3,907
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Originally posted by pillow@Jul 28 2005, 09:07 PM
    hey hi...
    you people ridin this model CBR600RR '05?
    like to ask whether anyone installed frame sliders for this 600.
    cos i went boonsiew & stamford motors to enquire, they replied tat this model not
    recommended to fit frame sliders.
    in an event of an accident, the skeleton joint might get injured cos softer compound.
    1000RR more robust for frame sliders thou.
    dunno how true, so ask ard first.
    anyone installed oredi & which motordiam?


    i'm ridin a '05 black/silver version.
    stil runnin in at the moment.
    but i find this bike gets heated up easily. the highest i've reached so far is 108degree celius.
    anybody wanna comment?
    wats the 'skeleton joint'? how would sliders damage this 'joint' over and above a cowl without sliders when the bike is dropped on its side?

    temperature, mine oso i find after awhile the temp hovers at about 108C, seems to be the 'steady' temp at cruising. i haven yet drag above 10k rpm so donno will get even hotter anot. manual sez engine cuts out when temp exceed 130 or something rite? shd be normal lah hor.




    on a side note, felt so shiok finally can afford to buy one of the 2 'dream bikes' i been eyeing, some more so rare on the road..... and skali so many people buying now!

    It's true: it's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than to ride a fast bike slow. Admittedly, though... It is MOST fun to ride a fast bike fast!

  5. #55
    HONG
    has no status.
    SBF Lacer HONG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Bedok
    Posts
    6,656
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Originally posted by mechwira@Jul 28 2005, 09:23 PM
    wats the 'skeleton joint'? how would sliders damage this 'joint' over and above a cowl without sliders when the bike is dropped on its side?

    temperature, mine oso i find after awhile the temp hovers at about 108C, seems to be the 'steady' temp at cruising. i haven yet drag above 10k rpm so donno will get even hotter anot. manual sez engine cuts out when temp exceed 130 or something rite? shd be normal lah hor.




    on a side note, felt so shiok finally can afford to buy one of the 2 'dream bikes' i been eyeing, some more so rare on the road..... and skali so many people buying now!
    issit true that engine will cut off at certain high temp?? my CBR600F cuts off when at 100+ degrees celcius... but its the idling becums lower and then stalls itself today when i riding cos heavy traffic... my bike normal riding won't exceed 90 degrees celcius... the most 85 degrees celcius..

  6. #56
    mechwira
    rides for recreation.
    TeePee mechwira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Bukit Panjang
    Posts
    3,907
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Originally posted by HONG@Jul 28 2005, 09:42 PM
    issit true that engine will cut off at certain high temp?? my CBR600F cuts off when at 100+ degrees celcius... but its the idling becums lower and then stalls itself today when i riding cos heavy traffic... my bike normal riding won't exceed 90 degrees celcius... the most 85 degrees celcius..
    while i've never experienced it myself, i do recall reading in the manual that the engine cuts off when temp exceeds a particular point. i also recall reading that its a failsafe mechanism rather than 'engine wont work/spoil' kind of event.

    but thats the RR with the EFI. not sure bout your F.

    It's true: it's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than to ride a fast bike slow. Admittedly, though... It is MOST fun to ride a fast bike fast!

  7. #57
    HONG
    has no status.
    SBF Lacer HONG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Bedok
    Posts
    6,656
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Originally posted by mechwira@Jul 29 2005, 02:01 AM
    while i've never experienced it myself, i do recall reading in the manual that the engine cuts off when temp exceeds a particular point. i also recall reading that its a failsafe mechanism rather than 'engine wont work/spoil' kind of event.

    but thats the RR with the EFI. not sure bout your F.
    mines the Fi version of the CBR600F .. wat i experience is my idling gets lower and lower and dies off.. tried to start but die off the next sec... leave the engine to cool down for 45 mins and its all back to normal liao...

  8. #58
    pillow
    has no status.
    Class 2B pillow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    441
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Originally posted by mechwira@Jul 28 2005, 09:23 PM
    wats the 'skeleton joint'? how would sliders damage this 'joint' over and above a cowl without sliders when the bike is dropped on its side?

    temperature, mine oso i find after awhile the temp hovers at about 108C, seems to be the 'steady' temp at cruising. i haven yet drag above 10k rpm so donno will get even hotter anot. manual sez engine cuts out when temp exceed 130 or something rite? shd be normal lah hor.




    on a side note, felt so shiok finally can afford to buy one of the 2 'dream bikes' i been eyeing, some more so rare on the road..... and skali so many people buying now!
    hi mechwira...
    the skeleton is the main frame of the bike, joint is the point of contact with the sliders & frame.
    afterall if one really wans to install frame sliders, gotta drill a hole leh.
    definitely feelin heart pain one.
    so how? you decided to install a pair?
    i'm still ponderin over the advice given.

    mine normally cruisin ard 90C+, the max temp i've attain so far is oso 108C.
    manual recommend one to off ignition once it hits above 120C.
    anyone knows why newer models get heated up so easily?
    or izzit tat we got to change the coolant tat comes along inside?

    i'm ridin the same design as you [mechwira].
    tink the full black scheme for 600cc is available in the states only.
    euro & japan version for black is a mixture of black/silver.
    anyone care to meet up next time for some discussion?
    -=[ think twice act wise ]=-

  9. #59
    BuZZBeaM
    has no status.
    SBF Lacer BuZZBeaM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    West
    Posts
    5,335
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Originally posted by pillow@Jul 29 2005, 09:44 AM

    mine normally cruisin ard 90C+, the max temp i've attain so far is oso 108C.
    manual recommend one to off ignition once it hits above 120C.
    anyone knows why newer models get heated up so easily?
    or izzit tat we got to change the coolant tat comes along inside?
    u r currently running in rite ?
    hard run in ?? e higher u rev, e hotter it gets
    cruising speed , temp shld b ard 79-85 degree C
    have u ever travel at nite ? dun think it will hit 90 degree C unless u r in a Jam


    *~it's not WHAT u ride, it's HOW u ride~*

  10. #60
    Tweeky
    has no status.
    P Plate Tweeky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    169
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    when im cruising at speed 90 to 100 in the afternoon, my temperatuere is around 86. when travelling at around 160 in NS e'way in the afternoon, tempurature is around 84 to 86. Only when stop that time, the tempurature will rise up quickly to around 100 degree. Fan switch on at 104 degree.

  11. #61
    BuZZBeaM
    has no status.
    SBF Lacer BuZZBeaM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    West
    Posts
    5,335
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Originally posted by HONG@Jul 28 2005, 09:42 PM
    issit true that engine will cut off at certain high temp?? my CBR600F cuts off when at 100+ degrees celcius... but its the idling becums lower and then stalls itself today when i riding cos heavy traffic... my bike normal riding won't exceed 90 degrees celcius... the most 85 degrees celcius..
    100+ degrees C is too low for e engine to cut off.. sensor error ?
    put ur bike on main stand, let e temp rise (throttle abit)
    observe whether e engine will stall.. if it stall, it happen at wat temperature
    advantage of having main stand


    *~it's not WHAT u ride, it's HOW u ride~*

     

     
  12. #62
    BuZZBeaM
    has no status.
    SBF Lacer BuZZBeaM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    West
    Posts
    5,335
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Originally posted by pillow@Jul 28 2005, 09:07 PM
    hey hi...
    you people ridin this model CBR600RR '05?
    like to ask whether anyone installed frame sliders for this 600.
    cos i went boonsiew & stamford motors to enquire, they replied tat this model not
    recommended to fit frame sliders.
    in an event of an accident, the skeleton joint might get injured cos softer compound.
    1000RR more robust for frame sliders thou.
    dunno how true, so ask ard first.
    anyone installed oredi & which motordiam?

    Can any1 cfm e frame for 03/04 is e same as 05 ?
    so far, e sliders does a gd job for me.. no complain
    Hav known of a VFR whose joint was cracked when e bike fell..
    its more of how u fell, where u fell (slope. straight rd)


    *~it's not WHAT u ride, it's HOW u ride~*

  13. #63
    mechwira
    rides for recreation.
    TeePee mechwira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Bukit Panjang
    Posts
    3,907
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Originally posted by pillow@Jul 29 2005, 09:44 AM
    hi mechwira...
    the skeleton is the main frame of the bike, joint is the point of contact with the sliders & frame.
    afterall if one really wans to install frame sliders, gotta drill a hole leh.
    definitely feelin heart pain one.
    so how? you decided to install a pair?
    i'm still ponderin over the advice given.
    yah, actually i was worried about installing sliders mainly due to need to drill. sayang sia the fairing.

    now u throw another concern. like that how man.

    i thinking, normal drop on side perhaps the sliders will protect the fairing without damaging the joint......? mebbe hard crash then will damage, in which case without sliders will need big time repair anyway......? if this is the case, i'll go ahead with the sliders. but if the sliders will damage the joint in simple drop on side.....

    It's true: it's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than to ride a fast bike slow. Admittedly, though... It is MOST fun to ride a fast bike fast!

  14. #64
    mechwira
    rides for recreation.
    TeePee mechwira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Bukit Panjang
    Posts
    3,907
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Originally posted by pillow@Jul 29 2005, 09:44 AM

    i'm ridin the same design as you [mechwira].
    tink the full black scheme for 600cc is available in the states only.
    euro & japan version for black is a mixture of black/silver.
    anyone care to meet up next time for some discussion?
    oh yah, from wat i can tell, s'pore carries onli the euro colours, from '03 model right thru to '05 model. Looi's still had one piece all-black '04 model; but the euro '04 black is matte black, not nice. its the US '05 black thats gloss black.

    actually i was eyeing either the '05 all-black or '05 silver/black (with more conventional 'honda wings' rather than our 'fish-gill' wings) of US colors. skali found out we carry onli Euro colours. the euro '05 silver/red/blue ugly one kind (i showed my gf an online pic of this color scheme and she shrieked "eek! captain america!"). candy blue, well can swallow lah but the black/silver marginally nicer. obvious choice actually ah?

    It's true: it's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than to ride a fast bike slow. Admittedly, though... It is MOST fun to ride a fast bike fast!

  15. #65
    AlvZz
    has no status.
    TeePee AlvZz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    PunGgo
    Posts
    1,834
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    hm......
    how u guys did ur run in?
    Cbr600RR
    05 RR with laser extreme moving around north east area~

  16. #66
    AlvZz
    has no status.
    TeePee AlvZz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    PunGgo
    Posts
    1,834
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default



    we only have this 3 design rite
    correct me if i m wrong
    Cbr600RR
    05 RR with laser extreme moving around north east area~

  17. #67
    mechwira
    rides for recreation.
    TeePee mechwira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Bukit Panjang
    Posts
    3,907
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Originally posted by AlvZz@Jul 29 2005, 07:07 PM

    we only have this 3 design rite
    correct me if i m wrong
    '05, yeah.

    if i'm not wrong, '03 and '04 models US and UK both had the exact same color schemes. think it was only in '05 that somehow they both introduced diff colour schemes between the 2. the UK ones were the uglier ones, and how unfortunate we got those.

    so i suppose '06 model we just check http://www.honda.co.uk to see wat sort of colours we'll get. but really man, the US ones at http://www.hondamotorcycles.com so much nicer.

    dammitz i had my heart set on first choice the glossy all-black and second choice silver base with black wings!

    It's true: it's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than to ride a fast bike slow. Admittedly, though... It is MOST fun to ride a fast bike fast!

  18. #68
    mechwira
    rides for recreation.
    TeePee mechwira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Bukit Panjang
    Posts
    3,907
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    regarding the frame issue, i found the following text from April '05 issue of Fast Bikes magazine, about the changes in chassis between the '03/'04 model and the '05 model. the italics are my own.

    The 6kg weight saving comes almost entirely from the chassis. Changes to the frame spar's internal structure, and strengthening at the joints, allow the use of thinner metal through the middle of the spar where stresses are lower.

    ok. so the joints are strengthened. but the metal is thinner.


    put slider dont put slider

    It's true: it's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than to ride a fast bike slow. Admittedly, though... It is MOST fun to ride a fast bike fast!

  19. #69
    Sesshou
    old man
    TeePee Sesshou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    NEWBIE
    Posts
    1,933
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i'm not adding any slider to mine b'cos need to drill the fairing. so we have about 3 to 4 black and silver 05 on the road liao

  20. #70
    Shawn--
    has no status.
    TeePee Shawn--'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    East
    Posts
    3,345
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Any of u guys change ur coolant to maxima or waterwetter ? Maybe can lower da temp abit ...

    Btw anyone u here who is 24 yrs old n riding cbr600 05 ? How much is da insurance for any party u r in ?

    Thanks
    "When you use your index finger to point at a problem, there are 3 fingers of yours, discreetly pointing at yourself"

  21. #71
    AlvZz
    has no status.
    TeePee AlvZz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    PunGgo
    Posts
    1,834
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    so far for my case going 23 this yr
    insurance 2nd party already 1200++ without -ncd
    Cbr600RR
    05 RR with laser extreme moving around north east area~

     

     
  22. #72
    Sesshou
    old man
    TeePee Sesshou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    NEWBIE
    Posts
    1,933
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Originally posted by Shawn--@Jul 31 2005, 10:05 AM
    Any of u guys change ur coolant to maxima or waterwetter ? Maybe can lower da temp abit ...

    Btw anyone u here who is 24 yrs old n riding cbr600 05 ? How much is da insurance for any party u r in ?

    Thanks
    waterwetter max 106 deg

  23. #73
    BuZZBeaM
    has no status.
    SBF Lacer BuZZBeaM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    West
    Posts
    5,335
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Originally posted by Hikaru@Jul 31 2005, 10:10 AM
    waterwetter max 106 deg
    same here
    i notice e temp increase slower than previous


    *~it's not WHAT u ride, it's HOW u ride~*

  24. #74
    AlvZz
    has no status.
    TeePee AlvZz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    PunGgo
    Posts
    1,834
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    so how many of you guys did a hard run in
    and how many did a soft run in?
    Cbr600RR
    05 RR with laser extreme moving around north east area~

  25. #75
    pillow
    has no status.
    Class 2B pillow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    441
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Originally posted by AlvZz@Aug 1 2005, 10:21 PM
    so how many of you guys did a hard run in
    and how many did a soft run in?
    for me, i did a normal run-in for my bike, keepin rpm below 7.
    how abt the others?
    but... ocassionally i'll ram gradually till after rpm8 den change gear.
    the loud "cluck cluck" gear changin irritates me. *shake head*

    how many had oredi installed frame sliders for '05 model?
    den again if only install the swingarm slider, does it help?
    cos there's ready made entry for it, no drillin needed only need to screw it in.
    arh bor heart pain sia...

    so far my mileage's nearin 1300click.
    i did my first engine & oil filter change at boonsiew cos first 3attempts are free.
    but the warranty card states 2nd free change only when nearin 4000click leh.
    friends warn me to change at 800, 1600, 2400 intervals together with the oil filter.
    durin run-in period, the 4t viscosity will easily break down. izzit true?
    how abt you guys?
    which motodiam you change & how much they quoted you? or you people oso followed boonsiew recommendation.
    -=[ think twice act wise ]=-

  26. #76
    pillow
    has no status.
    Class 2B pillow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    441
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Originally posted by BuZZBeaM@Jul 31 2005, 11:08 AM
    same here
    i notice e temp increase slower than previous
    ehh... wats a waterwetter?
    izzit another form of coolant & how much does it cost?
    -=[ think twice act wise ]=-

  27. #77
    Tweeky
    has no status.
    P Plate Tweeky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    169
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I did a normal run-in for 3000km. Change gear keeping rpm below 5.

    Change oil at the 1st 800km, then change oil and filter at 1600km. Change oil again at 2400km, and change oil and oil filter at 3000km.

    Nw milleage ard 12000. Used motul semi-sync oil 10-40.

  28. #78
    mechwira
    rides for recreation.
    TeePee mechwira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Bukit Panjang
    Posts
    3,907
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Originally posted by pillow@Aug 2 2005, 11:54 AM
    how many had oredi installed frame sliders for '05 model?
    den again if only install the swingarm slider, does it help?
    cos there's ready made entry for it, no drillin needed only need to screw it in.
    arh bor heart pain sia...

    so far my mileage's nearin 1300click.
    i did my first engine & oil filter change at boonsiew cos first 3attempts are free.
    but the warranty card states 2nd free change only when nearin 4000click leh.
    friends warn me to change at 800, 1600, 2400 intervals together with the oil filter.
    durin run-in period, the 4t viscosity will easily break down. izzit true?
    how abt you guys?
    i dun think sliders on the wingarm by itself would. can clearly see drop on the side, fairing will kena despite a slider at the swingarm.


    manual states EO & filter change @ 1000km and thereafter change every 12,000km. sounds very seldom. i plan to change EO & filter at 1000km and thereafter i plan to change EO evry 5000km and EO & filter every 10,000km. manual cant be wrong. i hope.

    i also got coupon for mah for EO & filter change @ 1000, 2000 and 3000km. a bit useless leh coz coupon onli free labour, the EO and filter must pay. i dun see myself saving much by using the coupon.

    It's true: it's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than to ride a fast bike slow. Admittedly, though... It is MOST fun to ride a fast bike fast!

  29. #79
    AlvZz
    has no status.
    TeePee AlvZz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    PunGgo
    Posts
    1,834
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i getting my bike very soon
    but then i don know how i should do my run in wor
    kekee
    just found out the dealer price of a 05 is 17onE
    go throught bike shop++++++ liao
    Cbr600RR
    05 RR with laser extreme moving around north east area~

  30. #80
    mechwira
    rides for recreation.
    TeePee mechwira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Bukit Panjang
    Posts
    3,907
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Originally posted by AlvZz@Aug 2 2005, 07:17 PM
    i getting my bike very soon
    but then i don know how i should do my run in wor
    kekee
    just found out the dealer price of a 05 is 17onE
    go throught bike shop++++++ liao
    price dropping rapidly.

    6 weeks ago i asked mah, looi's and dexing and all quoted 21k otr.

    4 weeks ago my dad ask lee's and quoted 19k otr which prompted him to put a deposit for me.

    last weeks this thread said got 18k otr.

    now u say is 17k otr.

    imagine those ppl bought 6 weeks ago. i bought mine and see the price dropping i already scratch head.

    makes me wonder whether they receive insider info that '06 cbr gonna be radically different. 03 and 04 are identical, 05 has changes in forks, brakes and cowls so i tot 06 would be identical to 05, wif only paint changes. but the way the price is dropping......?

    but anyway radical changes oso not so bad. that means owners of 05 models would have the model "specially produced in 2005", coz not other year would be identical to this one


    btw as for ur running in, i put it in perspective this way: hard run-in has been known to increase the bike's power by as much as 2bhp BUT at the expense of higher fuel and long term lifespan.

    It's true: it's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than to ride a fast bike slow. Admittedly, though... It is MOST fun to ride a fast bike fast!

  31. #81
    AlvZz
    has no status.
    TeePee AlvZz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    PunGgo
    Posts
    1,834
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Originally posted by mechwira@Aug 2 2005, 07:23 PM
    price dropping rapidly.

    6 weeks ago i asked mah, looi's and dexing and all quoted 21k otr.

    4 weeks ago my dad ask lee's and quoted 19k otr which prompted him to put a deposit for me.

    last weeks this thread said got 18k otr.

    now u say is 17k otr.

    imagine those ppl bought 6 weeks ago. i bought mine and see the price dropping i already scratch head.

    makes me wonder whether they receive insider info that '06 cbr gonna be radically different. 03 and 04 are identical, 05 has changes in forks, brakes and cowls so i tot 06 would be identical to 05, wif only paint changes. but the way the price is dropping......?

    but anyway radical changes oso not so bad. that means owners of 05 models would have the model "specially produced in 2005", coz not other year would be identical to this one


    btw as for ur running in, i put it in perspective this way: hard run-in has been known to increase the bike's power by as much as 2bhp BUT at the expense of higher fuel and long term lifespan.
    opss
    i think i make u all blur with 17k
    sorrie
    i mean it the price b4 it sell to shop and then shop earn the rest

    i thought price was 18.5
    tha wat i know when i asked since may
    kekee but then till now i order it still stay the price
    Cbr600RR
    05 RR with laser extreme moving around north east area~

     

     
  32. #82
    mechwira
    rides for recreation.
    TeePee mechwira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Bukit Panjang
    Posts
    3,907
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Originally posted by AlvZz@Aug 2 2005, 09:49 PM
    opss
    i think i make u all blur with 17k
    sorrie
    i mean it the price b4 it sell to shop and then shop earn the rest

    i thought price was 18.5
    tha wat i know when i asked since may
    kekee but then till now i order it still stay the price
    orh.......

    then if 18.5k~19k otr is about there lah.....

    It's true: it's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than to ride a fast bike slow. Admittedly, though... It is MOST fun to ride a fast bike fast!

  33. #83
    AlvZz
    has no status.
    TeePee AlvZz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    PunGgo
    Posts
    1,834
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Originally posted by mechwira@Aug 2 2005, 10:17 PM
    orh.......

    then if 18.5k~19k otr is about there lah.....

    kekeke
    Cbr600RR
    05 RR with laser extreme moving around north east area~

  34. #84
    AlvZz
    has no status.
    TeePee AlvZz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    PunGgo
    Posts
    1,834
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    a.... who now using k & n filter?
    any difference?
    Cbr600RR
    05 RR with laser extreme moving around north east area~

  35. #85
    AlvZz
    has no status.
    TeePee AlvZz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    PunGgo
    Posts
    1,834
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    where to get head light protector?
    Cbr600RR
    05 RR with laser extreme moving around north east area~

  36. #86
    BuZZBeaM
    has no status.
    SBF Lacer BuZZBeaM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    West
    Posts
    5,335
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Originally posted by AlvZz@Aug 4 2005, 08:23 PM
    where to get head light protector?
    try motrax33 or motoworld


    *~it's not WHAT u ride, it's HOW u ride~*

  37. #87
    Sesshou
    old man
    TeePee Sesshou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    NEWBIE
    Posts
    1,933
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Originally posted by BuZZBeaM@Aug 5 2005, 01:50 AM
    try motrax33 or motoworld
    i'm using the k&N filter ...and the fuel milage is the same as the stock ones ....sometimes even better .

  38. #88
    AlvZz
    has no status.
    TeePee AlvZz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    PunGgo
    Posts
    1,834
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    icic
    Cbr600RR
    05 RR with laser extreme moving around north east area~

  39. #89
    pillow
    has no status.
    Class 2B pillow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    441
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Originally posted by Tweeky@Aug 2 2005, 01:42 PM
    I did a normal run-in for 3000km. Change gear keeping rpm below 5.

    Change oil at the 1st 800km, then change oil and filter at 1600km. Change oil again at 2400km, and change oil and oil filter at 3000km.

    Nw milleage ard 12000. Used motul semi-sync oil 10-40.
    hi there...
    you changed your engine oil usin mineral oil or semi-syn for first 3attempts?
    wats the cost per bottle & includin oil filter?
    eh... any idea between the difference for 10w40 & 15w50.
    -=[ think twice act wise ]=-

  40. #90
    pillow
    has no status.
    Class 2B pillow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    441
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Originally posted by AlvZz@Aug 4 2005, 08:23 PM
    where to get head light protector?
    motoworld sellin headlight protector at ard $45.
    the brand is "ventura", rated good...
    -=[ think twice act wise ]=-

  41. #91
    AlvZz
    has no status.
    TeePee AlvZz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    PunGgo
    Posts
    1,834
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    okies thanks
    will go there for a look
    so far how many rider are here?
    kekekee
    notice like only 5 rider talking here nia
    Cbr600RR
    05 RR with laser extreme moving around north east area~

     

     
  42. #92
    Sesshou
    old man
    TeePee Sesshou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    NEWBIE
    Posts
    1,933
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    y not we make a list of cbr600 riders.... to get the ball start rolling .


    1) Hikaru (Calvin)- 05 silver/black

  43. #93
    BuZZBeaM
    has no status.
    SBF Lacer BuZZBeaM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    West
    Posts
    5,335
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    y not we make a list of cbr600 riders.... to get the ball start rolling .


    1) Hikaru (Calvin)- 05 silver/black
    2) BuZZBeaM - 04 Black


    *~it's not WHAT u ride, it's HOW u ride~*

  44. #94
    mechwira
    rides for recreation.
    TeePee mechwira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Bukit Panjang
    Posts
    3,907
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Originally posted by pillow@Aug 5 2005, 07:51 PM
    eh... any idea between the difference for 10w40 & 15w50.
    viscosity.

    the manual recommends 10w40 because this viscosity rating of oil can be used in all sorts of climates, from searing hot summer to freezing winter. based on the manual, 15w40 is actually adequate for singapore's climate.

    i shan't go into technical details bout those numbers coz i myself wont know. but wat i said above certainly applicable and true.

    on a side note, i find it far better to choose oils based on their viscosity rating and other ratings such as API as recommended by manual, rather than to choose based on whether synthetic or mineral, or whether labelled 'gear oil' or '4t'. if 2 oils both have viscosity ratings applicacble according manual, then can start figuring out other aspects. just my opinion.

    It's true: it's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than to ride a fast bike slow. Admittedly, though... It is MOST fun to ride a fast bike fast!

  45. #95
    mechwira
    rides for recreation.
    TeePee mechwira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Bukit Panjang
    Posts
    3,907
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    1) Hikaru (Calvin)- 05 silver/black
    2) BuZZBeaM - 04 Black
    3) mechwira - 05 silver/black

    It's true: it's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than to ride a fast bike slow. Admittedly, though... It is MOST fun to ride a fast bike fast!

  46. #96
    AlvZz
    has no status.
    TeePee AlvZz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    PunGgo
    Posts
    1,834
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    1) Hikaru (Calvin)- 05 silver/black
    2) BuZZBeaM - 04 Black
    3) mechwira - 05 silver/black
    4)A|vZz - 05 sliver/black [comming soon]
    Cbr600RR
    05 RR with laser extreme moving around north east area~

  47. #97
    pillow
    has no status.
    Class 2B pillow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    441
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Originally posted by mechwira@Aug 5 2005, 11:10 PM
    viscosity.

    the manual recommends 10w40 because this viscosity rating of oil can be used in all sorts of climates, from searing hot summer to freezing winter. based on the manual, 15w40 is actually adequate for singapore's climate.

    i shan't go into technical details bout those numbers coz i myself wont know. but wat i said above certainly applicable and true.

    on a side note, i find it far better to choose oils based on their viscosity rating and other ratings such as API as recommended by manual, rather than to choose based on whether synthetic or mineral, or whether labelled 'gear oil' or '4t'. if 2 oils both have viscosity ratings applicacble according manual, then can start figuring out other aspects. just my opinion.
    hmm alrite noted, thanks!
    guess its time to read up the manual alittle.
    -=[ think twice act wise ]=-

  48. #98
    pillow
    has no status.
    Class 2B pillow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    441
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    1) Hikaru (Calvin)- 05 silver/black
    2) BuZZBeaM - 04 Black
    3) mechwira - 05 silver/black
    4) A|vZz - 05 sliver/black [coming soon]
    5) pillow - 05 silver/black
    -=[ think twice act wise ]=-

  49. #99
    AlvZz
    has no status.
    TeePee AlvZz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    PunGgo
    Posts
    1,834
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    oh ya i notice that the boon siew sticker is on the mudguard
    can it be remove?
    nthing will happen rite if it remove?
    Cbr600RR
    05 RR with laser extreme moving around north east area~

  50. #100
    superbike
    has no status.
    Class 2A superbike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    668
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi BROTHERS,
    Don't leave me alone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



    1) Hikaru (Calvin)- 05 silver/black
    2) BuZZBeaM - 04 Black
    3) mechwira - 05 silver/black
    4) A|vZz - 05 sliver/black [coming soon]
    5) pillow - 05 silver/black
    6) superbike 04 maroon/white



    Good to see that 600RR alive here.
    Thanks
    There Can Only Be One ................

Page 2 of 342 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •