Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 2B at SSDC

According to this link:

http://www.ssdcl.com.sg/courses/clas...cticalTest.asp

"On the average, a student has to attend 15 sessions of practical lesson for the circuit training and 6 sessions of practical lesson for the on road training."

So that makes a total of 21 lessons as opposed to the minimum of 7. I am wondering why bother to structure the syllabus as 7 lessons when in reality it's 21.

For their motorcar course, they do not specifically breakdown the content into 'lessons', so any idea why it's done for motorcycle?

myxilplix
    has all the gear and no idea.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To simplify things, the 7 lessons they are referring to are actually 7 modules. 5 modules for circuit training and the other 2(3) for road training.

What they are trying to say is that the average beginner with no prior experience will take about 15 lessons/sessions to clear the circuit modules, and about 6 lessons/sessions to clear the road modules.

Motorbike "modules" are structured for a group of students, so in one session the subject matter is fixed., everyone in the group will cover the same thing. Unlike the motorcar course where it's one-on-one with the student and the instructor has more flexibility in deciding how many subjects he/she wants to cover with the student.
    Those who risk nothing, do nothing, achieve nothing, become nothing.

Wade Wrench
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't help feeling they're fuzzing up the lesson thingy. Their motorcar syllabus has what's referred to as stages. All in all, there are 4 stages for the course. So instead of using stages, they use 'lesson' for the motorcycle. Then again there those who can clear the course in just 7 sessions.

Actually even within the same group, I've seen them separate the experienced ones from the others, where the experienced ones are fast-tracked, which means not everyone covers the same thing.

aRcHeR
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they usually have 2 instructors to conduct the lessons.

this is my experience in cdc though. say you are taking lesson 4, after your 'morning exercises', they will call out the groups and ask if anyone have taken the lesson before. if yes, they will put you to the 'experienced' group unless requested by you.

i find it more productive this way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Naked1 View Post
    Stock is good...Choose your weapon wisely and enjoy it...you can have all the $$$$ to mod and in the end you can't make full use of it....

loufu
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if u "zai" enuff then u can pass it in 7 lessons lor...

Wade Wrench
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by loufu View Post
    if u "zai" enuff then u can pass it in 7 lessons lor...
    "zai" as in ex-revoked case lah?

This does not apply to majority leh!!!

loufu
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Wrench View Post
    "zai" as in ex-revoked case lah?

This does not apply to majority leh!!!
    but it is stil achievable rite...

JetGrey
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even ex-revoke case also sometimes need a few lessons to go through some of the courses. Esp figure 8.. lol.. Knew one ex-revoked guy during my lesson, failed his figure 8 third time.

skateboy
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bikes lesson is 1 or 2 instructors to mayb 8 students? car is one to one. so for bikes, they can only go by the practical lessons stage by stage rather then the car which go by subject. its bcos of the instructor n student ratio. so for bike, bo bian... if fail one subject, have to repeat the whole practical.
    Honda Super 4 Ver S: Mar 02 - Sept 05
    PGO Gmax 150: Sept 05 - Dec 05
    Honda Super 4 Vtec 1: Nov 05 - Apr 07
    Suzuki GSR 400: Apr 07 - Dec 09
    Yamaha FZ1S: Nov 09 - May 13
    Kawasaki GTR 1400: Jan 13 - ??? ??
    Yamaha FZ16ST: May 14 - ??? ??

mdarto
    Project R6
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As what previous fellow forumers had said, car is a one to one thing and is taught at the pace of the trainee, its like a tuition session. Where else for motorcycles, its like a teacher teaching the class a common thing and those who meets the citeria get too pass and move on to a different lesson.

For your information, there are really people who pass the whole thing is just 8 lessons including the traffic police test. =)

Take your time learning. No point rushing throughtout. =)

zoom13
    has no status.
    Class 2
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

correct...better take your time to pick up the correct skills to ride safely...

It only takes 1 mistake to take away your riding experience forever...
    Pls Ride Safely.

-----------------
    2003 Nov - 2004 Mar => FV Ta200
    2004 Mar - 2008 Jan => Public Transport
    2008 Jan onwards => FV Ta200 (Diff fr the one in 03)

Blahhh
    thinks the new SBF is ugly
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wait... 2b only 7 lessons now?

Wade Wrench
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blahhh View Post
    wait... 2b only 7 lessons now?
    SSDC lessons are now 120 mins, so it's changed to 7 instead of 8 lessons. Most likely to increase revenue for their move to Woodlands?

Blahhh
    thinks the new SBF is ugly
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SSDC lessons are now 120 mins, so it's changed to 7 instead of 8 lessons. Most likely to increase revenue for their move to Woodlands?
    I see. Which prac did they remove? I am guessing the old prac 7?

shermster
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

aiyah dont listen to the flyers ALL BULLCRAP

now there are "7" lessons

1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6A , 6B , 7... damnnit right i learn half way and realise that they increase the price and even though it is 120 mins. The amount of content is the SAME per lesson as before when it was 100 mins. Just tryin to get money only. It was advertised that you would take less time to complete the lessons cause its 120 mins but the average lessons last time and now is still the same.. abt 21-24 and you pay 2 - 3 bucks more per lesson even more for road lessons now almost $40 for road !!!! Almost died
    cannot fail road lesson la! sad sad sad

Wade Wrench
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://learn-to-drive.spf.gov.sg/ser...ates/2Bto2.htm

SSDC has poor passing rate for 2B. Dunno why. It has nothing to do with having more students as the stats show BBDC has even more students yet has higher passing rate.

loufu
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://learn-to-drive.spf.gov.sg/ser...ates/2Bto2.htm

SSDC has poor passing rate for 2B. Dunno why. It has nothing to do with having more students as the stats show BBDC has even more students yet has higher passing rate.
    poor passing rate means they got higher standard, higher standard = less reckless riders on the road.. which i think is good for the road users but bad for the those ppl who take lessons frm SSDC..

PS: but i m a proud ex-SSDC students

Wade Wrench
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by loufu View Post
    poor passing rate means they got higher standard, higher standard = less reckless riders on the road.. which i think is good for the road users but bad for the those ppl who take lessons frm SSDC..

PS: but i m a proud ex-SSDC students
    From what I know, tp testers are rotated throughout the 3 driving schools. Why would they be extra strict on SSDC students?

Axela
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation

From what I know, tp testers are rotated throughout the 3 driving schools. Why would they be extra strict on SSDC students?
    Dun worry so much.....just do ur best...
    *** Signature Edited By Mod: sexist signature ***

luvwenz
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wah axela i was trying VERY hard to read ur msg.. =)
    hehe...
    anywayz... ssdc also got ask u if u're first time or 2nd time... =)
    overall i like ssdc.. =) cause i'm a student there ma.. ^^
    ---------------------------------------------------
    2B - April 17th 2008

Wade Wrench
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by luvwenz View Post
    wah axela i was trying VERY hard to read ur msg.. =)
    hehe...
    anywayz... ssdc also got ask u if u're first time or 2nd time... =)
    overall i like ssdc.. =) cause i'm a student there ma.. ^^
    The test results are for 1st timers from all 3 schools.

I'm not saying I don't like SSDC but just wondering why just a big difference in passing rates. It's not as if it's easy to pass each stage of the lessons in SSDC either.

bluesurfer
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

like no point toking about which sch have better passing rate or not leiz...not as if the intructor would read it...but y ssdc got such low pass rate when the instructor are alrdy to strict as to fail student at the slightest..ssdc intructor really faill student lessons at the slightest mistake lo...so donno y students cant pass tp in the end lo....

Wade Wrench
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bluesurfer View Post
    like no point toking about which sch have better passing rate or not leiz...not as if the intructor would read it...but y ssdc got such low pass rate when the instructor are alrdy to strict as to fail student at the slightest..ssdc intructor really faill student lessons at the slightest mistake lo...so donno y students cant pass tp in the end lo....
    Yeah it's strange isn't it? The other possibility is they were too lenient in the past so their students got to the tp test, didn't bother to do enough CR or RR on their own and so contribute to poor passing rate. We won't know as we don't have the staticstics. From what I've seen currently, the passing rate for their lessons is only 10-20%. So out of say 8 trainees per session, only 1-2 will make it to next round.

bluesurfer
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they don pass ppl lesson so ly that really makes me wonder if are they doin it on purpose jux to make more $$ out of us or r they really doin this cos they meant good for us...not really sure...but not ale to pass lesson really make me feel sian lo....imagine ppl who started later than u alrdy passtheir tp and u still taking lessons and haven even book tp date...wtf man...sure will forget how to pass when tp date is near...mayb they shld let us book for a date first when we reach final assessment or smth ma..

Wade Wrench
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they don pass ppl lesson so ly that really makes me wonder if are they doin it on purpose jux to make more $$ out of us or r they really doin this cos they meant good for us...not really sure...but not ale to pass lesson really make me feel sian lo....imagine ppl who started later than u alrdy passtheir tp and u still taking lessons and haven even book tp date...wtf man...sure will forget how to pass when tp date is near...mayb they shld let us book for a date first when we reach final assessment or smth ma..
    I know what you mean. It can be really demoralising. So does that mean you're at lesson 7? If you are, then bear with it and you'll get to the tp test eventually since you're already close to the end. So these people who started before you, did they do it at SSDC too?

lutein
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

bluesurfer, don't be discouraged. Everytime they didn't pass me, they told me why. All my lessons except the final assessment I took at least 3 times.

Also don't compare with others. That's the easiest way to be discouraged. You learn at your own pace. If you're slower, that's okay because eventually, you'll learn to get it.

It took me close one year to get my licence (because I was very busy with work). If I didn't pass, I would have to extend both my PDL and my booklet liao.

bluesurfer
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tat is precisely the case...all of us are so bz to chiong lessons...den that would makes our in between lesson to be very long ahead...how to brush up on our skills like tat...the school shld like open up more slots or smth lo...like for my lesson 7 they don have slots for timing like 12-1 type of timing lo..oni at nite and one morning slot...so i have no shoice but to take at nite...very hard to do it at nite i realise...

lutein
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think for road lessons they may have restrictions, like during peak hours they cannot go onto the roads. I asked the instructors why and they said they also bo pian. They did try to squeeze more students in, I think, because for each Lesson 7 they bring a few groups out.

I usually took my lessons at night

Corse
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, it is true that most Instructors are strict becuz they want u to understand that these mistakes must not be made during the test.

Another thing is that some instructors will tell u, "Wobbling, Change lane abrubtly.CAnnot do that, must improve on it." BUT, do u know how to improve wobbling actually? it takes understanding abt how a bike works, and how to use it at different speeds and banking angle. So most students will just tell themselves, ok, next time must not wobble. but without correct practice, u will never improve.

The next thing abt TP test. Tp test is more than a month away. plus or minus. Too many students always come back for last minute practice and it will neve work. in the circuit, what goes on in some pples mind would be quickly practice and try lor. Dont just think abt getting the license. understand how to be skillful with the bike. I've Pass my class 2B,2A,2,3 all at only 1 TP test each. Learning bike is costly, save up the cash and put it to good use on practice.

All the best to students of SSDC.
    Ride safely and wisely to all SSDC gradautes.

Bikes Ridden & Riding Currently.
    Yamaha YZF125 - 2001
    Super 4 Spec II - 2002
    Ducati S4 / Harley Softail - 2003
    Ducati 999 / Ducati S4 / Harley Softail - 2006
    Yamaha R1'09 / Ducati S4 / Harley Softail - 2009
    + Vespa LX150 - 2012
    FJR1300A '13 / Vespa Lx150 / Ducati S4 / Harley Softail - 2013

MiCmAsTa
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear All,

Please kindly take note that this thread will be lock @ 0001hrs on 04 August 2010.

Kindly direct all your future discussions to:

Singapore Safety Driving Centre (SSDC)
    Class 2B @ SSDC
    Class 2A @ SSDC
    Class 2 @ SSDC
    Class 3/3A @ SSDC
    Class 4/5 @ SSDC

Thank you for your kind understanding.

Regards,

MiCmAsTa
    singaporebikes.com