cheeko
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is there any meetups between Versys riders? i am interested to join in to know more abt the bike

maxwell hawker centre

dintigger
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GiSSeR_66 View Post
    do u have any pics of the headlight protector dude? darn still waiting for my bike - can't wait! also did u get yours from motoworld for the headlight protector?
    i got it form motovation .. just give him a call or PM him he will reply ..
    nice guy

anyway about the meetup cheeko .. once most of us get the bike hopefully got meet up then will call u lah or just stay in the tread ..
    ~Biker Till I Die~

GiSSeR_66
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok thanks dintigger! mr lee said the bike will arrive tm but still needs to be assembled and waiting for COE bid. should be close to getting it by end of the week.

mamat
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok thanks dintigger! mr lee said the bike will arrive tm but still needs to be assembled and waiting for COE bid. should be close to getting it by end of the week.
    the versys here at last.did he order the green one?

GiSSeR_66
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he said left 3 - green,black (i booked it as 2nd choice) and blue. dunno when more are being brought in tho.but the green and blue also have been booked

dintigger
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

green is mine!!!!! hahahahahahahaha yooohooooo!!!!!! Gisser when you going down to collect do tell me bro so maybe we can go together? sms me 93361055
    also a couple of friends already want to test ride the bike heheh hopefully can see more versys in the future la hehhehe

BTW my buddy saw a black Versys today belong to some ang mo looking local guy?

so now i know got 4 versys i see or heard
    1 grey - adiriot
    1 orange - some army guy
    1 black - malay guy
    1 black - ang mo looking local guy?
    1 black - Gixxer
    1 green - ME!!!

hahahah like doing headcount like that ..
    Last edited by dintigger; 18-03-2008 at 01:08 AM.
    ~Biker Till I Die~

GiSSeR_66
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hehe bro i'd rather keep our numbers small to hold on to its uniqueness
    that;s one of reasons why i switching from the GSR lol. too many liao. besides, i come from an off road background...i mean i used to trail alot and love the ruggedness and go anywhere attitude of an off road bike. so i feel the versys would be a cheaper alternative to getting a BMW GS hehe. maybe when i hit 3k salary i'll switch to GS lah not now man

btw Lee said bike most likely being assembled today but still awaiting COE bidding which is today as well i think. latest should be late in the week i guess. will post here for updates

dintigger
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hahaha i saw the bikes already !!!
    the Blue and Black (your one Gisser) only .. today afternoon lunch time..
    all fixed up and looking all so chio.. the black one looks cool dude and the blue one very sexy one only sad thingie my DaGreen not around still sad sad sad
    ~Biker Till I Die~

dintigger
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What more can i say ... i smiling ear to ear hahahhahahahahaha finally!!!!!!!

Last edited by dintigger; 21-03-2008 at 01:04 AM.
    ~Biker Till I Die~

GiSSeR_66
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha good news indeed bro! i wanted to drop by after work but got side tracked when i dropped by Regina to look for handguards hehe. maybe i'll drop by tm after work. Elaine said she'll try get the bikes registered by thursday and hopefully sat she'll be able to hand the bike to me! hehe can't wait. already got the high bend handlebar and BMW grips waiting for her hehe.

mamat
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

damn!that green one looks awesome in person.lucky you,dintigger.with bellypan and hugger with the same colour scheme,ur bike will definitely turn heads.by the way,what shop is that in the pictures?and what other kawas arrived?

dintigger
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gisser your blackie is already ready to deploy liao IU unit all fixed already .. mine a bit longer cos i retaining my number plate so i think next week then ok but i can wait hehehehe the wind sheild and headlight guard you got it liao ? i got mine already from motovation reviews by adiriot is dame good lah 180kmph still can hold one hand no wind buffetting your head. BTW the bmw grip you got from Mtechic?

Mamat.. unfortunately evershine only got 3 unit this time and all 3 was booked before the bike arrived and from what i hear from Mr Lee he still got many more ppl who is in the waiting list.. and i saw only 1 concorse ... the shop is loois..
    so you got the ER-6 you mentioned ? i read it is a fast devil ...
    ~Biker Till I Die~

cheeko
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dintigger View Post
    gisser your blackie is already ready to deploy liao IU unit all fixed already .. mine a bit longer cos i retaining my number plate so i think next week then ok but i can wait hehehehe the wind sheild and headlight guard you got it liao ? i got mine already from motovation reviews by adiriot is dame good lah 180kmph still can hold one hand no wind buffetting your head. BTW the bmw grip you got from Mtechic?

Mamat.. unfortunately evershine only got 3 unit this time and all 3 was booked before the bike arrived and from what i hear from Mr Lee he still got many more ppl who is in the waiting list.. and i saw only 1 concorse ... the shop is loois..
    yo dingigger, ur original kawasaki green is very nice

maxwell hawker centre

dintigger
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

heheh cheeko ...i really excited liao!!!
    ~Biker Till I Die~

adiriot
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes!! Finally Dintigger's Green bike is here! If not meet me only he will whine and whine and whine.... hahahah. Yesterday he kept on smiling here and there. Dude u still gotta work on ur smile...heheheh.

I gotta agree, Green and Kawasaki is synonymous. Beautiful

GiSSeR_66
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey guys i just went down to check out my bike at the 3rd floor of loois motor...and damn i have to say it looks much more impressive in person and the pics u see on the internet don't do it justice!! too bad i never got my candy burnt orange color but the black was my 2nd choice. the green is a real stunner dude hehe. blue i find a lil off but hey beauty in the eyes of the beholder right??

nah still have yet to get the headlight protector. maybe u can pm the contact to get them. the grips i got from bmwchoy over in the west side, but the guy like snake ah - agreed at 22 bux in the ened paid 28 but still cheaper than most shops which sell at 36 bux. getting my handlebars from m-technik and puttingon the grips this sat if all goes well. yeah! tears of joy

mamat
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

seems the versys has got a following or new converts.dats gd news.i'm getting the Z750 nxt mth ,godwilling.the only piece at evershine.hopefully still avail. i'm dealing thru Dili.machine price offered cheaper.btw i think the versys has ABS.the Z doesn't

YNT
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The versys OTR by Mr lee is 17500 rite, seems like a gd bike for sg rds

dintigger
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mamat the Z is a street fighter cool machine... would have gotten it if i am not such of a fat old uncle (big tummy la) prefer the 750 to the 1k cos it is lighter and stunning.

Gisser for the wind shield and headlight protector you can email info@motovation-accessory.com.sg i think he still got stock.
    bmwchoy got shop in jurong right ?? i think i go get the grips from him lah if more then 28 then i stick to stock
    you getting a box? i tot of going to chong aik to get the HB Jr top box want to join me so might get a better price.
    if i got extra cash i might be getting the race sheild would help with the flying stones while going up north..
    check it out here
    http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums...25&postcount=9
    ~Biker Till I Die~

cheeko
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

heheh cheeko ...i really excited liao!!!
    i have started to like parallel twin engines ever since i ride my tmax, Very nice power from it, not too powerful & torquey too, good for city riding & also touring, somemore engine more compact.
    If change exhaust, sound will be very nice too

maxwell hawker centre

GiSSeR_66
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mamat the Z is a street fighter cool machine... would have gotten it if i am not such of a fat old uncle (big tummy la) prefer the 750 to the 1k cos it is lighter and stunning.

Gisser for the wind shield and headlight protector you can email info@motovation-accessory.com.sg i think he still got stock.
    bmwchoy got shop in jurong right ?? i think i go get the grips from him lah if more then 28 then i stick to stock
    you getting a box? i tot of going to chong aik to get the HB Jr top box want to join me so might get a better price.
    if i got extra cash i might be getting the race sheild would help with the flying stones while going up north..
    check it out here
    http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums...25&postcount=9
    wow bro i think for this month i can only do up my controls i.e handlebars,grips and handguards - all the race shield stuff and topbox gotta wait cos low on moola haha!! I'll prob be getting the happy-trail skid plate as well next month but might be a risk shipping here cos actually they dun ship to sillypore. but damn they quoted me 201SGD

dintigger
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gisser try shipping it to vpost , they give the vendor a US addy to ship it too then singpost will ship it to sg for you... safe la..

i cant seem to find a pic for the versys model.. do you have one?

i can foresee i gonna be bankrupt spending on this bike sigh need to slow down later kena kill by wife.

cheeko .. yup i found ackrapovic got a street end can for the versys .. and lazer too and the lazer one look very very chio ...see spend again ... i think pipe and hoses i do it after i get marry hehehe now just do the one i need first like box i cannot live without storage space. anyway once if i get the bike can go pump oil la ..you ok with it ?
    ~Biker Till I Die~

dintigger
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow bro i think for this month i can only do up my controls i.e handlebars,grips and handguards - all the race shield stuff and topbox gotta wait cos low on moola haha!! I'll prob be getting the happy-trail skid plate as well next month but might be a risk shipping here cos actually they dun ship to sillypore. but damn they quoted me 201SGD
    found the pic liao

~Biker Till I Die~

GiSSeR_66
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for reminding me cos i do have vpost addy in us. hope it can reduce the shipping costs tho. cos if not much diff then might as well ship direct but i think we'll be cheaper n safer u think?

dintigger
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i also feel vpost is safer ... so you got the bike liao?
    ~Biker Till I Die~

GiSSeR_66
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nah not yet...still waiting in anticipation. hopefully by tm morning can get
    cos my mech at m technik got limited time to do up the bars. gotta chop service early inthe morning when they open shop which is ard 10am. hehe i praying can get bike out before 10

GiSSeR_66
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright got my baby outta the shop!!! Man loving this bike to bits!! fancy meeting you and the missus there dintigger! hehe sorry i was too escited i forgot to shake yer hand on my out. so when's your's coming out? first thing i did was to put the wind screen to the max height. wed then i'll be changing the handlebars and if i'm lucky ah boy would have the Acerbis Multi Plo T hand guards

well wat am i waiting for......lets go ridiiiiing!!! can't wait for this baby to settle in then i'm sure i'll truly be having a blast eh?

dintigger
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice meeting ya too .. anyway do post a pic when you get the handguards on..thinking bout it too. just paid a down payment for the H&B Jr top and the Versys rack ..wow ex man total 580sgd .. you can get members price not hehehe i think after the box i gonna lay low on spending for a month as my mdm gave me the look already when i talk bout spending ..

so how you gonna breaking the bike? the traditional 1000km way or the new hard breaking method? i opting for the hard break in method at raceworks ..cos might following my buddy up to Cameron Highlands 2 weeks time.

BTW do chack bout this
    http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/Ne...ifacepressure/
    apperenty on the www.versys.co.uk got some ppl seen this on their versys if so then need to bring back to loois and show them.
    ~Biker Till I Die~

GiSSeR_66
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

interesting but concerning find there bro. Hope our bikes won;t suffer the same fate tho. As for me yea doing tradtional breaking in hehe. So far only 130plus km on ma baby. Tm ride to nowhere again and maybe jb to refuel

GiSSeR_66
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dintigger bro...could you post pics of the skidmarx windscreen? off the net i could only get aside view. wanted to see from the front and compare to the Givi one. thx! i jus got the headlight protector from Alvin but haven't install yet. gonna do it by tonight

dintigger
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how to post no bike yet .. when i get it tomorrow i show you lah kopi?
    ~Biker Till I Die~

GiSSeR_66
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ayt heheh ok cos i assume you already got the windscreen wit you. jus wanted to see how it looks from the front. but nvm lah once u got in on ur bike then maybe can have a look-see

dintigger
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

our Serendipity hahahah good to know u gisser hahah

Last edited by dintigger; 25-03-2008 at 02:23 AM.
    ~Biker Till I Die~

GiSSeR_66
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha nice to have bumped into you guys! actually i din have any kaki to go pump petrol with me just now - all working nights. wanted to actually see if u guys were up to it but i thought -ah leceh lah and just went ahead solo. anyway....like they say - the farkling quest continues hehehe

adiriot
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice to meet you Gisser! Mean black bike.

allthelees
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs down

Can you please quote prices for screen, hugger and other accessories for Versys.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Motovation Accessory View Post
    Hi, sorry to hijack this thread we have flipup touring screen and headlight protector for this bike instock. So is the Hugger and the BMC Airfilter.

Cheers

dintigger
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

allthelees.. you the blue guy ?
    ~Biker Till I Die~

mamat
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

was at dili and there was a wrecked black versys.the front rim literally broke into two,acerbis handguards scratched bad,should say right side took the blow.really sad sight.

gddigger
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mamat View Post
    was at dili and there was a wrecked black versys.the front rim literally broke into two,acerbis handguards scratched bad,should say right side took the blow.really sad sight.

Hope the rider is okay. Bike can fix.

Cheers,
    g
    Ride like everyone else on the road is an Idiot
    Know your ride well if you wanna go fast
    Enjoy your ride, Have Fun
    Live to Ride ,Ride to Live

dintigger
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i really hope the rider is ok ... sigh ... becareful guys ... thou the bike is good we need to control ourselves pleaseeee
    ~Biker Till I Die~

cheeko
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yo guys, y u all come out for refuel at 2nd link never jio me, even 3am i also ok wan, next time call me ok,

maxwell hawker centre

cheeko
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mamat View Post
    maybe we can use this as an example to see how well or fast the kawasaki agent can order the parts here & get it repair & up & running.

Cos i dun really have much faith to depend on them

maxwell hawker centre

gddigger
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cheeko View Post
    maybe we can use this as an example to see how well or fast the kawasaki agent can order the parts here & get it repair & up & running.

Cos i dun really have much faith to depend on them
    There is not much choice, if you really like the bike, you have to bite the bullet and get it first. Then look for other means to get the parts. It has really exploded in terms of popularity in europe and now the US. The accessory lists confirm will be growing. One way would be to stock up on essentials like gasket kits or might I suggest the current group pool some money and share the resource like stocking say two sets of essential spares and whoever needs it, take and reorder so there is no waiting time. This way the money outlay is less individually. It relies heavily on mutual trust as money is involved and if the one who uses the shared resource doesn't do his part in reordering fast enuf.

Cheers,
    g
    Ride like everyone else on the road is an Idiot
    Know your ride well if you wanna go fast
    Enjoy your ride, Have Fun
    Live to Ride ,Ride to Live

GiSSeR_66
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cheeko View Post
    yo guys, y u all come out for refuel at 2nd link never jio me, even 3am i also ok wan, next time call me ok,
    alamak i jus came back from refuel didn't know you ok for late night refuelling hehe. but for me also not too late lah. usually i'll leave ard 10pm and will be back by 12. finally tonight hit 700km so i guess by monday i can go for oil change when it hits 800 or 1000. cheeko did u do your first service at Evershine? it states free service but do we have to pay for labor??

Foresight
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi guys the versys is a brilliant looking bike. comparing the specs between the versys and the dl650. quite similar. Am trying to decide between the 2. The Vstrom has a slighter bigger tank and good fuel consumption? However versys lighter and more compact looking not to mention the cool rear suspension. any pointers to tip the balance?

dintigger
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well tonight i and adiriot going to refuel at GP petronas about 10 pm maybe ... anyone want to join ... foresight and cheeko you both are welcome to join
    Gixxer you free?
    ~Biker Till I Die~

Foresight
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wish i could go GP for topup petrol....only got mpv. taking my class 2 in may after a haitus of 16 years between licenses : ) mid life crisis.....

dintigger
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hahaha same same i also mid life C... anyway comparing the 2 Vs'
    the strom is heavier even for the 650 comparing to the Versys and the FC for versys is bettter so for a 19liter tank it is good enuff la about 22-24km/liter.

as for comfort ..it is always a personal thingie..
    before riding the DR i find the egronomics of the Fazer is ok and also the super4 but after being on a DR my opinion changes .
    so you see difrent ppl see things diffrently so it is up to u ..
    what is best is to test ride both bike and you yourself decide.

as for me haha i am spolit by the versys now.. and in the future to upgrade will be a tedious task for me cos i be comparing it to the versys as power is not a factor for me .. for me it is the whole experience.

you bring yourself to versys.co.uk it is a forum and the ang mos compare a lot to other bikes .. some of them unbias comparision .. it is a good read if your have lots of time
    ~Biker Till I Die~

Foresight
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hahaha same same i also mid life C... anyway comparing the 2 Vs'
    the strom is heavier even for the 650 comparing to the Versys and the FC for versys is bettter so for a 19liter tank it is good enuff la about 22-24km/liter.

as for comfort ..it is always a personal thingie..
    before riding the DR i find the egronomics of the Fazer is ok and also the super4 but after being on a DR my opinion changes .
    so you see difrent ppl see things diffrently so it is up to u ..
    what is best is to test ride both bike and you yourself decide.

as for me haha i am spolit by the versys now.. and in the future to upgrade will be a tedious task for me cos i be comparing it to the versys as power is not a factor for me .. for me it is the whole experience.

you bring yourself to versys.co.uk it is a forum and the ang mos compare a lot to other bikes .. some of them unbias comparision .. it is a good read if your have lots of time
    thanks for the info. imho, the versys is a sexier bike, design wise (upsidedown fork, crazy headlights, bad ass looking exhaust). price also identical to dl650. ABS on both bikes right? well i still have to pass my class 2 first b4 i decide 37 year old ah pek taking tp test in may....

dintigger
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i dont know bout the ABS on the strom but i know the Versys has it and i already test it on the 2nd day with the bike... thanks to the LTA appointed ABS testers- Taxi drivers.

hahah we not there far behind bro so far all the versys owners i know now are above 30 hahah i am 33 this year... old man that prefer to lim kopi and talk bout sammyboy than going to disco hahahhaha so u a samster? hahahahah
    ~Biker Till I Die~

Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast