wants to change bike...
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by skateboy View Post
    yes. vtec model, DOHC, each cylinder got 4 valves, 2 inlet 2 exhaust. so b4 vtec kick in, its 2 valves operation, 1 in n 1 out. vtec kick in, its 4 valves operation, 2 in n 2 out. thats y its DOHC 16V inline 4. this one i know.

the one i dunno is the SDTV (Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve). which i got mixed up with vtec theory, thinking its both about the same, n end up giving a wrong explaination.
    funny, but i am taught that VTEC only affects the exhuast valve...
    so its constant for the intake valve to be constantly open...

skateboy
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

S4 vtec series, 16V DOHC inline 4. so from there u shd roughly know. but confirm 2 in 2 out.
    Honda Super 4 Ver S: Mar 02 - Sept 05
    PGO Gmax 150: Sept 05 - Dec 05
    Honda Super 4 Vtec 1: Nov 05 - Apr 07
    Suzuki GSR 400: Apr 07 - Dec 09
    Yamaha FZ1S: Nov 09 - May 13
    Kawasaki GTR 1400: Jan 13 - ??? ??
    Yamaha FZ16ST: May 14 - ??? ??

WildCard
    has no status. Not that he cares....
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kaozie View Post
    funny, but i am taught that VTEC only affects the exhuast valve...
    so its constant for the intake valve to be constantly open...
    Its intake valve thats affected.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VTEC

VTEC in motorcycles
    Apart from the Japanese market-only Honda CBR400F Super Four HYPER VTEC[5], introduced in 1983, the first worldwide implementation of VTEC technology in a motorcycle occurred with the introduction of Honda's VFR800 sportbike in 2002. Similar to the SOHC VTEC-E style, one intake valve remains closed until a threshold of 7000 rpm is reached, then the second valve is opened by an oil-pressure actuated pin. The dwell of the valves remains unchanged, as in the automobile VTEC-E, and little extra power is produced but with a smoothing-out of the torque curve. Critics maintain that VTEC adds little to the VFR experience while increasing the engine's complexity. Drivability is a concern for some who are wary of the fact that the VTEC may activate in the middle of an aggressive corner, potentially upsetting the stability and throttle response of the bike.
    Would be logical.
    Restricting the intake valve controls the amount of combustible A/F in the chamber. Lesser operating valves = lesser A/F. More operating valves = more A/F.
    It would be illogical to do it on the exhaust valves. It would just slow escaping exhaust and affect the A/F in the chamber. Lesser exhaust valves means lesser flow. Exhaust and unburnt gases will get trapped in the chamber.

Our GSR SDTV works in a similar but better & simpler way.
    No need for complex variable lift components on the camshaft or valve control.
    Fuel mixture is controlled by the injectors. Air can be controlled by both primary throttle (your wrist) as well as the secondary valve it to auto-regulate the amount of reaching the chamber.
    So you get a smooth A/F ratio throughout the acceleration curve instead of a sudden bump midway.

Jengo
    wants to dance.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi guys, have been looking around and reading here n there about these 2 bikes. and now i'm wondering how very different are these two bikes in terms of:

-handling
    -fuel consumption
    -weight
    -and reliability

would like to hear all opinions!
    Jεήgσ™ : |l|l|ll| With great power comes great responsibilities.Think safe, ride safe |ll|l|l|

fraggershell
    has no status.
    Class 2
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jengo View Post
    hi guys, have been looking around and reading here n there about these 2 bikes. and now i'm wondering how very different are these two bikes in terms of:

-handling
    -fuel consumption
    -weight
    -and reliability

would like to hear all opinions!
    hi guys, i am the TS himself and i have settled down for a SpecIII. personally gsr design are cool but specIII are not bad either. bikes are still bikes, even got price diff also a few thousand dollars nia! or just arnd $50 more in your monthly installments.

the below are the reasons for me getting a SpecIII, hope it may help some others to make a better decision.

1. i foresee it will end up in a bike with low resale value.

2. looks chio, but then maintainence leh? u are paying a class 2 bike maintainence for a 400cc. no pt. and 600cc, i rather get a fazer

3. i wanted it for looks initially and gian the underseat exhaust, however, back seat too hot for my babe to seat on it.

4. its looks decent with a top box and the underseat storage allows u to store a canvas

5. EFI model, say no need to clean carb, but cleaning carb will only cost me $10 nia.. wah lan, these money is only 1 packet of viceroy nia.

6. EFI again, the electronics kee chia gonna cost more than 500bucks to repair.

7 spare parts and aftermarket accessories, enough said, no explanation needed. CB400SF FTW~

8. performance. no doubt gsr has better performance in low end power as it as no VTEC and 4 valve running but it has a higher fuel consumption. VTEC series opens up 2 valves which aids in fuel consumption saving and the top end for SpecIII smokes gsr400 (both in stock condition and rider are of same weight)

9. look at it this way. i am using the extra 1k to zhng the bike leh! currently gsr400 is $800 more ex than SpecIII

10. super4 is tested and proven to be reliable, no horse run. whereas gsr will be outdated as suzuki is good at churning out new models every now and then. guess wad happen to your resale value. to add on, since 1988 CB400sf model has been in the market and there are minimal changes to the basic design.
    Aug 06 - Sep 07 Daelim Daystar VL125 (FR 7xxxL)
    Sep 07 - DEC 08 Honda CB400 SpecIII
    Dec 10 - Now 2005 Zx-6R

skateboy
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi guys, i am the TS himself and i have settled down for a SpecIII. personally gsr design are cool but specIII are not bad either. bikes are still bikes, even got price diff also a few thousand dollars nia! or just arnd $50 more in your monthly installments.

the below are the reasons for me getting a SpecIII, hope it may help some others to make a better decision.

2. looks chio, but then maintainence leh? u are paying a class 2 bike maintainence for a 400cc. no pt. and 600cc, i rather get a fazer

3. i wanted it for looks initially and gian the underseat exhaust, however, back seat too hot for my babe to seat on it.

4. its looks decent with a top box and the underseat storage allows u to store a canvas

5. EFI model, say no need to clean carb, but cleaning carb will only cost me $10 nia.. wah lan, these money is only 1 packet of viceroy nia.

7 spare parts and aftermarket accessories, enough said, no explanation needed. CB400SF FTW~

8. performance. no doubt gsr has better performance in low end power as it as no VTEC and 4 valve running but it has a higher fuel consumption. VTEC series opens up 2 valves which aids in fuel consumption saving and the top end for SpecIII smokes gsr400 (both in stock condition and rider are of same weight)

9. look at it this way. i am using the extra 1k to zhng the bike leh! currently gsr400 is $800 more ex than SpecIII

10. super4 is tested and proven to be reliable, no horse run. whereas gsr will be outdated as suzuki is good at churning out new models every now and then. guess wad happen to your resale value. to add on, since 1988 CB400sf model has been in the market and there are minimal changes to the basic design.
    congrats in ur new spec 3. sure u'll enjoy ur ride. but from the 10 points given, i feel that comments sides on the S4. i would like to give my part of comment cos i had rode both S4 n GSR.

----------------------------
    1. S4 had a higher resale value is bcos previously, S4 dominates a higher percentage of the market with no strong competitor. (comparing naked bikes like bandit4, XJR4, monster4) now with GSR in the market, its hard to predict the resale value in 2 to 3 years time. mayb the demand for S4 drops over time? who knows rite? but of cos, honda definitely have a higher resale value compare to suzuki.

2. S4 oso has maintenance of a class 2 bike. if u really did ur homework, certain class 2 bikes is cheaper in maintenance then S4. the only advantage is the 160 rear tyre where class 2 bikes mostly is 180 to 190. n if u put FC into this catogory, of cos a 400cc saves fuel compared to 600cc.

3. not all underseat exhaust will burn the pillion's backside. so far so good, no comments in pillion's backside feeling warm on a GSR.

4. this i agree that GSR dun looks as good in a topcase.

5. fyi, servicing of carb for S4 will b ard $80. if servicing of S4's carb is only $10, i would have gotten a spec 3 as well. n EFI got no carb.

6. this point i agree. electrical parts r a pain if anything were to happen.

7. S4 is in the market for 10+ years comparing with GSR that is 1+ year? spares n accessories is everywhere that they like to take a walk sometimes.

8. S4 n GSR runs in 2 different technology. do refer to wildcards explaination between VTEC n SDTV above. FC, both almost the same but i feel S4 had a higher FC due to the vtec. y? cos i rode both n compare. GSR gives u a smooth acceleration thru out all gears n rpm whereas for S4, vtec kick in n gives u a boost on the power curve n start drinking petrol. for topend, both almost the same. a stock GSR can hit 195km/h. almost the same as stock S4. if u r talking abt installing redrev, full sys, dynojet, of cos S4 faster.

9. if u r the one who likes to mod here n there, S4 is the one of cos.

10. S4 is reliable due to its never change much technology. of cos, that enhance the reliability not technology.

fraggershell
    has no status.
    Class 2
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by skateboy View Post
    congrats in ur new spec 3. sure u'll enjoy ur ride. but from the 10 points given, i feel that comments sides on the S4. i would like to give my part of comment cos i had rode both S4 n GSR.

----------------------------
    1. S4 had a higher resale value is bcos previously, S4 dominates a higher percentage of the market with no strong competitor. (comparing naked bikes like bandit4, XJR4, monster4) now with GSR in the market, its hard to predict the resale value in 2 to 3 years time. mayb the demand for S4 drops over time? who knows rite? but of cos, honda definitely have a higher resale value compare to suzuki.

2. S4 oso has maintenance of a class 2 bike. if u really did ur homework, certain class 2 bikes is cheaper in maintenance then S4. the only advantage is the 160 rear tyre where class 2 bikes mostly is 180 to 190. n if u put FC into this catogory, of cos a 400cc saves fuel compared to 600cc.

3. not all underseat exhaust will burn the pillion's backside. so far so good, no comments in pillion's backside feeling warm on a GSR.

4. this i agree that GSR dun looks as good in a topcase.

5. fyi, servicing of carb for S4 will b ard $80. if servicing of S4's carb is only $10, i would have gotten a spec 3 as well. n EFI got no carb.

6. this point i agree. electrical parts r a pain if anything were to happen.

7. S4 is in the market for 10+ years comparing with GSR that is 1+ year? spares n accessories is everywhere that they like to take a walk sometimes.

8. S4 n GSR runs in 2 different technology. do refer to wildcards explaination between VTEC n SDTV above. FC, both almost the same but i feel S4 had a higher FC due to the vtec. y? cos i rode both n compare. GSR gives u a smooth acceleration thru out all gears n rpm whereas for S4, vtec kick in n gives u a boost on the power curve n start drinking petrol. for topend, both almost the same. a stock GSR can hit 195km/h. almost the same as stock S4. if u r talking abt installing redrev, full sys, dynojet, of cos S4 faster.

9. if u r the one who likes to mod here n there, S4 is the one of cos.

10. S4 is reliable due to its never change much technology. of cos, that enhance the reliability not technology.
    haha.. best reply ever.
    most imptly, just if u like the bike, u will just get it.
    i am attracted to super4 in the end. haha..
    Aug 06 - Sep 07 Daelim Daystar VL125 (FR 7xxxL)
    Sep 07 - DEC 08 Honda CB400 SpecIII
    Dec 10 - Now 2005 Zx-6R

royston15
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

top end s4 smokes GSR??? hmmm...

skateboy
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fraggershell View Post
    haha.. best reply ever.
    most imptly, just if u like the bike, u will just get it.
    i am attracted to super4 in the end. haha..
    to buy a bike, we need to know the characteristic of the bike. then choose the one that suits u n ur budget ie maintenance, FC rate n so on.

most impt is the bike must suit the budget n not u like it u buy. y? if parts go for a walk, r u able to buy the part without straining ur finance? think abt it.

Quote Originally Posted by royston15 View Post
    top end s4 smokes GSR??? hmmm...
    that is something alot of riders is wondering. S4 can smoke GSR at topend when S4 n GSR top can hit 200km/h with stock condition. funny rite?

compression ration for S4 is 11.3:1, GSR is 12.2:1.
    bore n stroke for S4 is 55 x 42, GSR 54.6 x 42.5.
    max power for S4 is 39KW(53PS)/11'000rpm, GSR is 39KW/11'000rpm.
    max torque for S4 is 38Nm/9'500rpm, GSR is 37Nm/9'000rpm.

i dun c much difference in the specs of the bike. so how S4 can smoke GSR? please ask those who said that to explain to all. thanx.
    Last edited by skateboy; 07-10-2007 at 12:07 PM.

royston15
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

obviously skateboy.. i dont see why a s4 can "SMOKE" a GSR... maybe he would like to try?

Z^^kia
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi guys, i am the TS himself and i have settled down for a SpecIII. personally gsr design are cool but specIII are not bad either. bikes are still bikes, even got price diff also a few thousand dollars nia! or just arnd $50 more in your monthly installments. Agreed 50 bucks nia

1. i foresee it will end up in a bike with low resale value.which bike n model price wont drop? all its the same

2. looks chio, but then maintainence leh? u are paying a class 2 bike maintainence for a 400cc. no pt. and 600cc, i rather get a fazeru mean Fazer 600? how u know its paying for a class 2 bike maintenance, hve u ever ride a class 2 b4?

3. i wanted it for looks initially and gian the underseat exhaust, however, back seat too hot for my babe to seat on it.Hot? u sure or u think? My gf never ever complaint it so far

4. its looks decent with a top box and the underseat storage allows u to store a canvasIf u don mind, wat bike also can put Top box.

5. EFI model, say no need to clean carb, but cleaning carb will only cost me $10 nia.. wah lan, these money is only 1 packet of viceroy nia.Which bikeshop charge u 10 bucks nia, can intro to me? i thnk alot other bikers will thank u as well

6. EFI again, the electronics kee chia gonna cost more than 500bucks to repair. Then might as well ride a Lao K, maintenace cheaper right?

7 spare parts and aftermarket accessories, enough said, no explanation needed. CB400SF FTW~ by GSR got alot of things which S4 don hav le, like gear indicator, digital meter n lots more, so alot of things don need add n mod

8. performance. no doubt gsr has better performance in low end power as it as no VTEC and 4 valve running but it has a higher fuel consumption. VTEC series opens up 2 valves which aids in fuel consumption saving and the top end for SpecIII smokes gsr400 (both in stock condition and rider are of same weight)Fuel comsumption is up to indivual rider

9. look at it this way. i am using the extra 1k to zhng the bike leh! currently gsr400 is $800 more ex than SpecIII Like wat i say in No.7, alot of things come with GSR liao... don need zhng so much

10. super4 is tested and proven to be reliable, no horse run. whereas gsr will be outdated as suzuki is good at churning out new models every now and then. guess wad happen to your resale value. to add on, since 1988 CB400sf model has been in the market and there are minimal changes to the basic design. If wan ride or drive, need to bother so much in price?

Hope u not offence in my reply, all r riders, like u say.. buy something u like. Don buy something that matter cost, if not rather don ride, take public transport. Cheers
    All you need to know about GSR 400/600, be it buying, maintaining or modding, please refer to GSR 600 Thread FAQ page 281 and 282

impheatus56
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking

i have been a s4 rider before.

and currently i had a friend riding gsr, comparing the usuage i felt theres not much difference.

It all depends on individual.

you were saying abt the EFI thing, well now bikes are coming up with more newer technologies, even tt a 400 have EFI, maybe sooner or later the hondas are coming up with EFI on the s4? shall we said tt the current s4 are outdated and maybe the value will drop. It all depends on the rider of his choice.

Choose wisely, within yr budget and enjoy riding! Every bike has/have their bad and good. Cheers!

sikonesis
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

one difference i'll put my $10 000 on is cornering ability.

S4 - 160 rear tires, dual shock
    GSR - 180 rear tires, monoshock

not to mention the adjustable suspension, better CG,
    => GSR FTW
    mods done:
    powerplant device, fuel injector venturis,
    underseat cylindrical air filter, bassy stock cans,
    super-sensitive in-built gyroscope, inertia-based accelerometer,
    streamlined panniers (zero drag),
    taped up wires, exposed grounding wires,
    TBC mounted, custom tire pressures.

litre bikes watch out!

crowbar84
    mood out
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking Adv & Disadv of GSR400 n Super4-spec3

hi guys, im currently contemplating wit dis 2 bikes..suzuki gsr400 & honda s4...can anyone help me in like telling me their experience, pros n cons of these 2 bikes...eg maintenance, consumption, pickup, mods..n stuff like dat..n which bike wud u choose..All ur info would be greatly appreciated..thanks alot

swoosh
    is busy doing nothing
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there is already a similar thread leh...
    Quote Originally Posted by arzme View Post
    anyway, i miss wildcard.
    just one of his insensate followers...

crowbar84
    mood out
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

care to pass me d link?

batara
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

den how About drz n spec3? which 1 beter in performance on e road?

sikonesis
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mods done:

litre bikes watch out!

crowbar84
    mood out
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks alot bro

skateboy
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by batara View Post
    drz n spec 3 is 2 different bike leh. how to compare? u like a bike that can do wheelie easily or a bike that roar with vtec?

Jengo
    wants to dance.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by batara View Post
    sialla! how u compare drz n spec3 performance siot??!!
    Jεήgσ™ : |l|l|ll| With great power comes great responsibilities.Think safe, ride safe |ll|l|l|

rAjOaNa
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Jus to share my views...

possible but GSR haven't really test market yet still quite new n hardly any on sale yet...S4 retains gd resale value, higher insurance also but of them on the roads n hence higher no. of claims for S4. There was a time NTUC didn't use to insure S4.

I used to have a Fazer 1000 mainteinece cheaper than S4...so how u can u claim GSR 4 is more ex to maintein??
    Used to ride a bandit V 400 also way way cheaper than S4
    Only thing is the rear tyre is 180/55 which is a typical Class 2 size. how much more wld u pay...$40? in my opionion thts value for $$ when we tok abt ground clearance on corners n a gd grip on road.

warmer...possible, burn hot ?? dun u think suzuki did enough RnD before designing the bike??

S4 efinatly has the most underseat storage i ever seen on anybike so far. Box...pretty much to yar own pereference... Steven Lim put a rear box on his ZXR400 L8 or L9 which ever he had.

Lemme check if u posted this reply on 1st Apr??
    Cleaning Carbs which are not required all the way unlike 2 strokers cost 80 inculding syncronising.

EFI....KEE chia?? dude u know wats EFI??? some cars as old as 20yrs are still running ard without any FI probs.

S4 aft market stuff made by who ah??
    acessories not much needed for GSR, cosmatic mods u get stuff designed by well reputable companies frm euro so on. Once we r tokking a bike tht not only runs regionally but runs in the global market u definaly will get quality stuff.

Are u gonna hit the track or someting?? the n how often u get to test yar top end??

Zheng??? pls dun anyhow drill holes here n there u will make the chasis weaker.

On a more serious note...do u really need to "zheng"?? for 800 more u r getting a more up to date bike. Mono shocks = better handling, Digital metre, Tokiko calipers on GSR, underseat exhaust, EFI... if u jus dun get it ...carb tend to give prob as they age unless mainteined very well.

Well jus because suzuki comes out with new models doesn't means the GSR will be outdated. But in my very personal opionion S4 is outdate cos honda has not come out with anything newer. S4 has been ard only since 95 n in sg probably 96.

jus my $0.02 worth...no offense to any S4. everyone have their own considerations theres no right or wrong. both are great bikes but they differ alot for sure.
    Yamaha LC 125 03/02 - 04/03
    Yamaha RXZ 03/03 - 04/05
    Suzuki Bandit VV 04/05 - 02/06
    Yamaha Fazer 1000 03/06 - 10/07
    Honda Blackbird 10/07 - 08/08
    Yamaha Fazer 600 10/08 - 02/10
    Honda Blackbird 02/10 - 03/12

Manjan-Bhai
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another aspect some riders consider before getting a bike..

1. whether you want to ride something different and unique, and also score in the looks department

Or..

2. something which the whole world is riding.. and also looks good (if you do have good taste in choosing the colors in your mods...lol).
    The best way to console a depressed girl: Offer your shoulder.
    The best way to console a depressed guy: Suck Thumb la Brother.

1998 Suzuki GSX 400 Impulse - June'07 to ?
    2001 Phantom TA200 - Aug'06 to June'07

rAjOaNa
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Manjan-Bhai View Post
    Another aspect some riders consider before getting a bike..

1. whether you want to ride something different and unique, and also score in the looks department

Or..

2. something which the whole world is riding.. and also looks good (if you do have good taste in choosing the colors in your mods...lol).
    u really speak like a role model eh?
    already know he is gonna get a unique bike next june...
    check out his signature if u r b4 he changes it ...
    Yamaha LC 125 03/02 - 04/03
    Yamaha RXZ 03/03 - 04/05
    Suzuki Bandit VV 04/05 - 02/06
    Yamaha Fazer 1000 03/06 - 10/07
    Honda Blackbird 10/07 - 08/08
    Yamaha Fazer 600 10/08 - 02/10
    Honda Blackbird 02/10 - 03/12

Manjan-Bhai
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question

Quote Originally Posted by rAjOaNa View Post
    u really speak like a role model eh?
    already know he is gonna get a unique bike next june...
    check out his signature if u r b4 he changes it ...
    OFF TOPIC
    The best way to console a depressed girl: Offer your shoulder.
    The best way to console a depressed guy: Suck Thumb la Brother.

1998 Suzuki GSX 400 Impulse - June'07 to ?
    2001 Phantom TA200 - Aug'06 to June'07

kmax
    rides bicycle
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, one thing to conside is, how long u r going to stay in 2A.

for me i dont want to buy brandnew bike as just transit bike for 400cc, and lost half the price within a year.

super4 spec3 second hand is around 8k region in garage sale, anyone knows how much secondhand GSR worth ?

skateboy
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

depending on how long one person would like to ride a 400cc bike. for 2nd hand GSR, its scarce. if its just a transit bike for ur class 2A, get a S4 then...

kmax
    rides bicycle
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah bro, i do like GSR, but since a few k different, i'd rather get GSR 600 with class2.

skateboy
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when u get a class 2, i dun think u will get a GSR 6. there r better option out there compared to class 2A which is restricted to a few option.

kmax
    rides bicycle
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok, GSR cost 13k ~ for brand new, but after a year how much can u sell it back?
    there was a GSR on sale, anyone know how much it fetched?

skateboy
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for 2nd hand GSR, u need to ask the shop how much they sell... n after a year, wats the resale value, its too early to tell.

kmax
    rides bicycle
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks bro, if resale vault is good and not loosing much, i dont mind buying brandnew.
    but k8 GSR is coming out with ABS, so earlier models might lost value a bit, i guess.
    even super4 with EFI, i'd rather wait for awhile..

-Imran-
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me, i prefer GSR rather then S4..

1. GSR looks nicer
    2. Got the feeling of riding Class 2 bike. Only those riding GSR will know wats the feeling like.

I got many frens riding S4 and they often talk bad about GSR, but when i bring my GSR show them, they all drooling...
    I change from S4 to GSR, nuff said. Pls don't bomb me. That's just my opinions.

rahim_carlos
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default GSR or spec 3?

Quote Originally Posted by swoosh View Post
    Someone has started a similiar thread before. Anyway here goes

s4 is reliable and sparts are widely avaible. Ans: it has been ard so long ..of course lah

however the looks of gsr400 just got the upper hand: Ans can't agree with you more.

heard from fren that it's not as powerful as the spec3 and harder to maintain: Ans both cap at 53bhp so half fight... found a qoute from a new found friend "It is the rider not the machine"

lastly I have more pro for you to consider. GSR has lots of accessories( from Japan & Europe) and u mod can it to your personal preference that u can call yr own.

Bro, nid ur help.. I juz pass my 2a.. Wanting to get either a gsr or spec 3? can help me out.. 1st time buying bike arh? Thanks alot. Pm me..

skateboy
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rahim_carlos View Post
    Bro, nid ur help.. I juz pass my 2a.. Wanting to get either a gsr or spec 3? can help me out.. 1st time buying bike arh? Thanks alot. Pm me..
    hi... for more info on GSR, do read the thread on GSR 600, page 281 n 282. all necessary info is compiled there. for spec 3, simply go to the S4 forum n source the info u need.

as for which bike to buy, it really tie down to which bike u like n ur financial stability.

EJ
    Nothing but the Max
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rahim_carlos View Post
    if you're going to be upgrading to class 2 after a year, just get a super 4 version S or spec 2 sua.

or, you can put down a high downpayment on a spec 3 or GSR, thus reach the break-even point faster.
    rien d'autre que le max.

radawi
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i also have quite the same question

my consideration is ride with fun,my total weight with pilion about 150kg so do you guys think i should get 400 or 600?

FC n tax could come 2nd since we ride together

mostly my route is express way

thanks

Blahhh
    thinks the new SBF is ugly
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any diff between GSR400 and GSR600? (other den the obvious cc displacement)

kmax
    rides bicycle
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so far, i saw 3 GSR for COI on garage sale already. that means the owner lose up 1 year installment about 3k + downpayment already ?
    :-?

well, they are in high demand compared to super4.

DenverDino
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since everything want CHEAPER then go n take public transport lor... why have to so headache for so much things. This no good that no good... for what to compare this is just a 2 wheel transport.

Good for non-riders
    1. No need to change engine oil
    2. No need to worry your life on the road
    3. Got driver to send you everywhere
    4. Can eat/sleep while you travel
    5. Can watch TV
    6. No need to suntan everyday
    7. No need to spend money on tyre
    8. Save up all your maintain fees
    9. Everyday can see many beautiful mei mei
    10. No need to buy expensive Insurance
    11. Accident free

For me.... i still think this is just a 400CC bike lor... nothing special to be compare.
    If you want to become a rider you have to accept what u like and can be afforded in everything. If not i still suggest u better take public transport.
    Last edited by DenverDino; 22-11-2007 at 01:39 AM.
    "靚仔,要去嗎"("Handsome, want to go")?!!! wahahaha....

kaozie
    wants to change bike...
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GSR400 is a more agressive bike as compare to S4.
    choose S4 if you are looking for comfort and availibility of parts(stock or after market)
    GSR400 if you like the thrill of riding(even uncles become agressive on this bike)

radawi
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

huah 1000 viewer but no reply that realy help us

or it was already been disscused on older thread?please let me know

mayday01
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pls take a look at GSR thread
    Slow Rider, Lives Longer [/SIZE]

i_fROMhELL
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by radawi View Post
    huah 1000 viewer but no reply that realy help us

or it was already been disscused on older thread?please let me know

fre, looking at the thread, best to buy super 4 la
    it have enough power for 150kg, best is , very good and relieable bike with a good resale value
    others bike, you dont really care to much, buy them cos you just love it

sikonesis
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i just re-read this.
    which is the outdated one here?
    mods done:

litre bikes watch out!

sabbaha
    Rockerz
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi GSR400 Riders! U guys sure GSR is better than Spec 3?
    Some biker once said " If u haven't been to Gerik, U haven't been touring in Malaysia".

sikonesis
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no.
    not because it's not but because that answering that requires a sweeping
    statement that's not a fair one to make.

it's better to compare objectively instead .

e.g.:
    - spare parts availability, costs per maintenance cycle, an S4 is better
    - cornering ability, looks (subjective), a GSR would be better.

the point is, if you submit an argument, at least back it up with facts. and be
    sensitive and smart about it.

TS has shown that he's shooting from the hip with statements like

and

not to mention, the common misconceptions about EFI and VTEC.

ultimately, the best people to compare and comment would be those who
    have ridden and experienced both bikes substantially. whichever bike you
    prefer, listing down your personal dislikes and expecting others to agree is
    not smart. the same goes for blind supporting without knowing the facts.

simply put:
    Quote Originally Posted by impheatus56 View Post
    Choose wisely, within yr budget and enjoy riding! Every bike has/have their bad and good. Cheers!
    mods done:

litre bikes watch out!

sabbaha
    Rockerz
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sikonesis View Post
    no.
    not because it's not but because that answering that requires a sweeping
    statement that's not a fair one to make.

it's better to compare objectively instead .

e.g.:
    - spare parts availability, costs per maintenance cycle, an S4 is better
    - cornering ability, looks (subjective), a GSR would be better.

the point is, if you submit an argument, at least back it up with facts. and be
    sensitive and smart about it.

TS has shown that he's shooting from the hip with statements like

and

not to mention, the common misconceptions about EFI and VTEC.

ultimately, the best people to compare and comment would be those who
    have ridden and experienced both bikes substantially. whichever bike you
    prefer, listing down your personal dislikes and expecting others to agree is
    not smart. the same goes for blind supporting without knowing the facts.

simply put:
    Well done!
    Some biker once said " If u haven't been to Gerik, U haven't been touring in Malaysia".

sabbaha
    Rockerz
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DenverDino View Post
    Since everything want CHEAPER then go n take public transport lor... why have to so headache for so much things. This no good that no good... for what to compare this is just a 2 wheel transport.

Good for non-riders
    1. No need to change engine oil
    2. No need to worry your life on the road
    3. Got driver to send you everywhere
    4. Can eat/sleep while you travel
    5. Can watch TV
    6. No need to suntan everyday
    7. No need to spend money on tyre
    8. Save up all your maintain fees
    9. Everyday can see many beautiful mei mei
    10. No need to buy expensive Insurance
    11. Accident free

For me.... i still think this is just a 400CC bike lor... nothing special to be compare.
    If you want to become a rider you have to accept what u like and can be afforded in everything. If not i still suggest u better take public transport.
    Tat's True bro!! 2 wheels transport! I like that!

DenverDino
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sabbaha View Post
    Hi GSR400 Riders! U guys sure GSR is better than Spec 3?
    I dont say GSR is good and i dont say Spec3 is bad. I dont really like to compare so much... both bikes is good as what i think. Is all depend riders which one to go for.

I think is almost same like u go for R1 '07 or K7. Is either the design or power but overall is still 1000cc, right?
    "靚仔,要去嗎"("Handsome, want to go")?!!! wahahaha....

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast