Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default daelim daystar corner ?

hi all,
    i saw in forum saying there is a daelim daystar forum somewhere and was trying to look for it but i cant find. its will be nice if u guys can help me out.
    btw, i am thinking of getting a daystar so i hope daystar riders can help me out.

thanks and regards

yifanz
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

daystar riders ???

help help

jemmo
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi i ride a daystar haha uhh no leh i haven't seen a daystar forum. but i know 2 other daystar riders and i see some friendly owners at CKA kaki bukit. btw i know someone who might want to let someone COI his bike in Jan but he's not active in the forum. I also saw the new owner of Kan's bike at cka, very funny and friendly too. I also know a friend looking for a daystar... you're not him right? hahaha...
    doh!

kmax
    rides bicycle
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there's another daystar rider.. nick is "cutejunk" or smthin like that..
    his bike paint work very nice

cxz6666
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yifanz View Post
    hi all,
    i saw in forum saying there is a daelim daystar forum somewhere and was trying to look for it but i cant find. its will be nice if u guys can help me out.
    btw, i am thinking of getting a daystar so i hope daystar riders can help me out.

thanks and regards
    What is your budget? Not very expensive, Daystar nowadays. But I suggest you get a Phantom 200

jemmo
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yup as daystar riders we can help you out telling you the pros and cons. nights is a daystar expert, so you can look to him for advise. good luck in your search for a daystar, (or a phantom)
    doh!

nights
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi all,

thanks and regards
    Hi

Warm welcome to cruiser forum!

Answer to your query may be found in the enclosed thread.

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums...ad.php?t=93941

You could perform a search that back dated as far back as 2004. Most of the Daelim Daystar owners have since upgraded to either Class 2A or 2 bike.

Regards
    Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.

yifanz
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi all who had replied.

think quite confrim i am getting a daystar from cka. actually more concern is how is e basic maintainence like? exp ? ya, i cosidered phantom b4 but since i have make up my mind so lets not compared them together. how is daystar stability? good? btw, i am not looking for speed but more on looks and monthly maintanance more. i wish to buy a bike to ride and not repair.

a very big thnks to those replied once again.

cxz6666
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi all who had replied.

think quite confrim i am getting a daystar from cka. actually more concern is how is e basic maintainence like? exp ? ya, i cosidered phantom b4 but since i have make up my mind so lets not compared them together. how is daystar stability? good? btw, i am not looking for speed but more on looks and monthly maintanance more. i wish to buy a bike to ride and not repair.

a very big thnks to those replied once again.
    Please think twice b4 getting a Daystar, especially from CKA. How much did they quote you and how old is the bike? Is it the 125cc or 150cc one? I am also a former Daystar rider.

jemmo
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well i'm sure CKA would quote you pretty ex, but for the condition it is in, it's usually worth it. But don't expect to sell it anything near that price haha. well if you service regularly and maintain your bike well, or sufficiently, it shouldn't be too expensive to maintain. On the other hand, parts are expensive as they are usually only found in CKA branches and are all original daelim parts.
    doh!

cxz6666
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No offence to the current owners of the Daystar, but it is probably one of the most over-priced bikes with no substance. I wonder how many Daystar owners eventually decided not to upgrade because the bike is good?

I think basically every aspect of the Daystar loses to the Phantom 200, including fuel consumption, top speed, pick-up, brand new retail price, second-hand price, resale value, price of spare parts and reliability. The looks, though, are subjective. I can never understand how the Daystar can be priced at almost $8000 when the Phantom 200 is about $5500. Also, now there's the Bajaj Pulsar 180 to consider and the price is below $5000 for a brand new one.

cutejunk
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kmax View Post
    there's another daystar rider.. nick is "cutejunk" or smthin like that..
    his bike paint work very nice
    YO. here i m. e paintwork was done by my previous owner. he put alot of $ in e bike.

yifanz
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cxz6666 View Post
    Please think twice b4 getting a Daystar, especially from CKA. How much did they quote you and how old is the bike? Is it the 125cc or 150cc one? I am also a former Daystar rider.
    hi ckz,
    wat do u mean by think twice? as in the bike rreally cmi? is a 7years bike. so wat is e range like? btw, i juz passed my 2B oso so insurance super exp as compared cos got 0 experience at all. wat range will be a good price to get from them on road?

i ask some insurance company and they quote ntuc= 800 jap company =1k plus. so far cka quoted me 691 for insurance.

yifanz
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jemmo View Post
    well i'm sure CKA would quote you pretty ex, but for the condition it is in, it's usually worth it. But don't expect to sell it anything near that price haha. well if you service regularly and maintain your bike well, or sufficiently, it shouldn't be too expensive to maintain. On the other hand, parts are expensive as they are usually only found in CKA branches and are all original daelim parts.
    i need to noe wat is the range is consider exp bro.

yifanz
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No offence to the current owners of the Daystar, but it is probably one of the most over-priced bikes with no substance. I wonder how many Daystar owners eventually decided not to upgrade because the bike is good?

I think basically every aspect of the Daystar loses to the Phantom 200, including fuel consumption, top speed, pick-up, brand new retail price, second-hand price, resale value, price of spare parts and reliability. The looks, though, are subjective. I can never understand how the Daystar can be priced at almost $8000 when the Phantom 200 is about $5500. Also, now there's the Bajaj Pulsar 180 to consider and the price is below $5000 for a brand new one.
    thx bro for the advise,
    but like i say, lets not compared with other bikes. cos is subjective to every individual do u think? cos i dun wanna bring in all phantom knights and daystar warriors in again and compared which is better than other. there are alot comparison leh.

and most important for me, looks does matter alot. cos if u dun like e looks u will nv enjoy riding riggh bro? i nv say phantom is uglier as compared.

yifanz
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cutejunk View Post
    YO. here i m. e paintwork was done by my previous owner. he put alot of $ in e bike.
    hi cutejunk,
    so how is daystar after riding it? overall stats? maintanance high ma? as in the basic wear and tear. how do u feel riding daystar?

plasticblackspecs
    sleep
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Subjective la. Like why some ppl buy a Harley instead of a Honda or Yamaha bike.

Our COI in Jan friend can consider. Go view lor, no harm. The bike tested and proven already. And he do up quite a bit. Nice looking. Right Jemo?
    w y x m m

cxz6666
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi ckz,
    wat do u mean by think twice? as in the bike rreally cmi? is a 7years bike. so wat is e range like? btw, i juz passed my 2B oso so insurance super exp as compared cos got 0 experience at all. wat range will be a good price to get from them on road?

i ask some insurance company and they quote ntuc= 800 jap company =1k plus. so far cka quoted me 691 for insurance.
    Let me guess, for a seven year old Daystar, CKA is trying to sell you at close to $3K? Below are two links to second-hand Daystars that are 7 to 8 years old. One sold for $500 and the other is still up for sale at $900. If you intend to upgrade to a bigger bike a year later, how much do you think you can sell it for? You should think twice because the performance of the bike is poor compared to other cheaper alternatives and the resale value is even worse. Also, if you ever need to change some of the stock parts for some reason, such as handlebar or fender, it will cost you quite a bomb.

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums...hlight=daystar

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums...hlight=daystar

For the insurance, you must check whether the price they offered you is 1st, 2nd or 3rd party.

cxz6666
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thx bro for the advise,
    but like i say, lets not compared with other bikes. cos is subjective to every individual do u think? cos i dun wanna bring in all phantom knights and daystar warriors in again and compared which is better than other. there are alot comparison leh.

and most important for me, looks does matter alot. cos if u dun like e looks u will nv enjoy riding riggh bro? i nv say phantom is uglier as compared.

Quote Originally Posted by plasticblackspecs View Post
    Subjective la. Like why some ppl buy a Harley instead of a Honda or Yamaha bike.

Our COI in Jan friend can consider. Go view lor, no harm. The bike tested and proven already. And he do up quite a bit. Nice looking. Right Jemo?
    Some things are subjective, such as looks and sound. But performance and price wise, they are objective. As long as you know what you are getting into and you still prefer the Daystar despite it having poorer performance, higher price and poorer resale value, then go ahead and get it. What I hate to see is someone getting the wrong information and getting disappointed after buying a bike.

By the way, people prefer the Harley because of its prestige, sound and attention grabbing abilities. Not only that, the performance of the Harley doesn't necessarily lose to its Japanese counterparts. Moreover, I believe the resale value of Harleys to be quite high. That time I saw a ten over years-old Road King selling for like $15,000 and its original price is about $40,000. I think because the demand is there and its made in the USA

cxz6666
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There was this thread on Phantom vs Daelim bikes but I don't know why it is so hard to find. But here it is:

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums.../t-123859.html

plasticblackspecs
    sleep
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some things are subjective, such as looks and sound. But performance and price wise, they are objective. As long as you know what you are getting into and you still prefer the Daystar despite it having poorer performance, higher price and poorer resale value, then go ahead and get it. What I hate to see is someone getting the wrong information and getting disappointed after buying a bike.

By the way, people prefer the Harley because of its prestige, sound and attention grabbing abilities. Not only that, the performance of the Harley doesn't necessarily lose to its Japanese counterparts. Moreover, I believe the resale value of Harleys to be quite high. That time I saw a ten over years-old Road King selling for like $15,000 and its original price is about $40,000. I think because the demand is there and its made in the USA
    Seriously, and no offense, Harley isn't that great a machine. And relatively speaking, it depreciated around half, which is still a lot. In fact most bikes deprecitate a lot from first hand in the next 5 yrs. If you buy a first hand Road King at 40k and sell it 5 years later at 20k, you'd lose 20k. But you buy a first hand Daystar at say 7k and sell it at $400, you lose 6.5k. Again relatively speaking, you lose less money.

Performance and looks-wise, I say again no offense, I think a Daystar looks a lot more spiffier and riding feel and stance feels better than a Phantom. I tried my friend's and I was actually glad that I didn't get one cos to me it felt like a RXZ. Was riding a Magma 125 back then in case you wanted to know.

Yes Phantoms are better in performance and price and parts etc, but end of the day, the guy has did his research and his decision. It wasn't like he was asking for the difference between Phantoms and Daystars, he was just asking for info on Daystars.

But yes, cxz6666 do have a point there, do be forewarned, Daelim's stuff are hard to come by, expensive to start with (can get a class 2A bike for what you're paying for a 2B bike) depreciates like sh*t going down a drain with a strong flush, not everyone can service the bike and seems like parts are controlled by agent so no matter what still have to go back to them, which means super ex. Go get a 2nd/3rd/4/th/5th etc hand Daystar if you really wanna get one cos I'm sure you'll upgrade again.

FYI, I got my Magma 125 around 1.5k. Didin't know jack sh&^ about it, ended up front brakes got problem couldn't fix and parts would have cost too much, gear got problem, chain keeps dropping off, in the end sold it for around $500 or so, the buyer took it to Malaysia to do up or something like that. But it was a fun bike That's when I got to know SBF and Cruisers and later Kruzers. \m/
    w y x m m

cutejunk
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi cutejunk,
    so how is daystar after riding it? overall stats? maintanance high ma? as in the basic wear and tear. how do u feel riding daystar?
    previously rode a runner, this daystar definitely feels better and safer, though slower, 120-130. haha. i like its heavy weight. maintanance is cheap for me; $30. as mine is a FBB, last batch of 125cc, i still haven encounter much wear and tear. i clocked abt 580k for my full tank (keep a bottle of 1L petrol wif u).

a daystar's paintwork is very important, for it to be outstanding. add abit of accessories and mod, and u get a harley-daelimson.
    Last edited by cutejunk; 04-11-2007 at 02:10 PM.

cxz6666
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seriously, and no offense, Harley isn't that great a machine. And relatively speaking, it depreciated around half, which is still a lot. In fact most bikes deprecitate a lot from first hand in the next 5 yrs. If you buy a first hand Road King at 40k and sell it 5 years later at 20k, you'd lose 20k. But you buy a first hand Daystar at say 7k and sell it at $400, you lose 6.5k. Again relatively speaking, you lose less money.
    Well, I take it that you own a Harley? I'm very curious about how you calculate depreciation and also, a 1200cc Harley is not comparable to a 125cc Daelim.

I owned a Daystar for one and a half years and I did plenty of research before I bought it. But still, it wasn't enough. Like I said, if the threadstarter has done his research and knows how bad the Daystar is compared to other bikes and still wants to buy it, then go ahead. I'm stopping nobody

jemmo
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cutejunk View Post
    (keep a bottle of 1L petrol wif u).
    Hheheh .. i shd learn i always run out of petrol wahaha

yup it's pretty nice! and he's actually considering keeping it since it has such long range, tank + consumption. yes yes don't need to remind that a pulsar can beat that, i don't think you could really use that as a comparison. Like how you can't compare a harley and a daystar? same difference.

Looks wise, well subjective yes. but thats the biggest cause in the difference of the price, the subjective things that you can't measure. that makes idiots like me buy the daystar even though we know the listed one million and one flaws, we still get it. and mind you i met quite a few riders that love their daystar and have been riding them for years. though i probably won't be one of them.

i can't be bothered to quote well but there are a few sellers who do sell their daystar for more than 500 so don't let worry you. i remember a fr or ft who sold at i think 1.2 or 1.3. it's a little extreme to use the lowest selling price you can find as a comparison to the most expensive buying price.

Anyway to the guy who is interested, roy the mech at CKA kaki bukit was telling me FS plate going around 2k, so thats much better that a mentioned 3k for a 7yr bike.

hahah daystar warriors? i'd surrender!
    doh!

cxz6666
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yup it's pretty nice! and he's actually considering keeping it since it has such long range, tank + consumption. yes yes don't need to remind that a pulsar can beat that, i don't think you could really use that as a comparison. Like how you can't compare a harley and a daystar? same difference.
    A Daystar can't be compared to a Harley because because one is 1200cc and the other is 125cc. How can you compare their pricing and depreciation?

i can't be bothered to quote well but there are a few sellers who do sell their daystar for more than 500 so don't let worry you. i remember a fr or ft who sold at i think 1.2 or 1.3. it's a little extreme to use the lowest selling price you can find as a comparison to the most expensive buying price.

Anyway to the guy who is interested, roy the mech at CKA kaki bukit was telling me FS plate going around 2k, so thats much better that a mentioned 3k for a 7yr bike.
    Firstly, in the past month, there have been two FR plates going for $500 and $800and you call that extreme?

Secondly, if $2K is the price they are selling, then so much the better. By the way Jemmo, I based the price of $3k on your post in April of this year, which you mentioned as $2.8k for an FR plate Daystar from CKA:

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums...&postcount=118

So I guess the price of a Daystar has dropped drastically huh? That's great
    Last edited by cxz6666; 05-11-2007 at 12:53 AM.

yifanz
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow wow
    to all who provided feedbacks,
    really thank alot from e bottom from my heart.

thx thx and regards

jemmo
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow wow

thx thx and regards
    hey no prob hope we were of at least some help.
    doh!

plasticblackspecs
    sleep
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I take it that you own a Harley? I'm very curious about how you calculate depreciation and also, a 1200cc Harley is not comparable to a 125cc Daelim.
    A Daystar can't be compared to a Harley because because one is 1200cc and the other is 125cc. How can you compare their pricing and depreciation?
    Simple. Relativity. It was all relative speaking. Models aside. 40k to 20k is 50%. So is 7k to 3.5k. But if you look at it price wise, it's 20k vs 3.5k. Obviously that's isn't relativity.

Then we look at branding. Like how some ppl would spend 4-5k plus on a mac book pro when that amount can get you 2 or 3 kick ass asus laptops or a home build desktop PC etc. Or $200plus on a vintage nike or adidas shoe when a $25 one at queensway/peni/mustafa one would suffice. Or Levis vs FOX. Or Tag Haeur/Hauer/Hawer vs Casio. and so on.

End of the day, it comes down to how much you willing to spend and what you wanna be seen with.

I like short haired girls but long haired ones will do. heee.

That rubbish aside, yes I do own one. I wouldn't say it was the right decision I made or my first choice or it isn't giving me problems or if I regretted it or not and so on but I dare say I look damn good in it. Muahahaha...*not shy*
    Last edited by plasticblackspecs; 06-11-2007 at 01:52 AM.
    w y x m m

plasticblackspecs
    sleep
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow wow

thx thx and regards
    No worries man. It's fun. Can clock post and can talk kok. hahaha

Anyway last time my friend bought his daystar for around 6k plus also i think. And he really take care. Always very clean (cos he got nothing else better to do, everytime meet him he cleaning his bike. hahah) and sold for I think 2k or something. He was making a lot of noise about it (his pattern la) but in the end still let go cos he really dun wanna keep (drive car mah). Now he say he miss riding but cannot ride cos married all no money. hahaha
    w y x m m

yifanz
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No worries man. It's fun. Can clock post and can talk kok. hahaha

Anyway last time my friend bought his daystar for around 6k plus also i think. And he really take care. Always very clean (cos he got nothing else better to do, everytime meet him he cleaning his bike. hahah) and sold for I think 2k or something. He was making a lot of noise about it (his pattern la) but in the end still let go cos he really dun wanna keep (drive car mah). Now he say he miss riding but cannot ride cos married all no money. hahaha
    wah, is e talk **** session now..

YAY.

hfdlgb_ocp
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi

i am a daystar owner .. think met kan before ...my bike is the one with the fire design ... realli love riding it for a year odd now with no complain .. letting go my bike now at garage sales cos want to upgrade to a bigger class.

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums...d.php?t=161525

the bike is great and i love daystar even though many compare with like phantom for pricing .. think you will have to love the out built of the bike to enjoy daystar cos honestly .. compare with phantom .. the bike is slower and more expensive but in terms of size and frame .. its super nice to mod esp if you have a nice paint work.. no one would think its a 125cc .

just my thought

joel
    Ride Hard or Stay Home

plasticblackspecs
    sleep
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Daystar warriors gather abit la. It'll be nice to see. Jemmo don't lazy go organize. hahha. Don't play Badminton already la. Come join us on Fridays.
    w y x m m

jemmo
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha ya i lazy. no more badminton... i think this month will be bowling.. wa lau all the sports i lousy one. always kana hantam. ok i will try and come out more on fridays. wah lau say daystar warriors so pai seh. i met 2 daystar riders on sat near ah boy, very friendly fellas. one of them was adam and he was telling me that that was his second daystar. and he was riding them for 4 years. he spent like 2k to paint it la. thats crazy!
    doh!

daySTAR
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

guys ...if anyone's interested in a DayStar - i'm letting mine go at a very cheap price. i love the bike - but am relocating out of Singapore, so don't have a choice!

Please take a look at my post in the garage sale and call me at 8168 7336 if you wanna come down to view/test the bike.

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums...d.php?t=164665

cheers!
    ...cruise with me baby...

plasticblackspecs
    sleep
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why you so many sports one? You working at Sports Council or what? hahaha...

Don't lazy la. Will be nice to see Daystar Warriors riding around. Actually it's always nice to see bikes riding around. hahha
    w y x m m

yifanz
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha, i will join u guys really soon.

yay !!@@

maniahk
    has no status.
    Class 2A
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow.. it looks like cxz6666 had a really bad experience w ur old daystar to be so biased against it.. but y did u keep it for one and a half yrs?

I nv owned a daystar, but my first bike was an FT magma.. a proud dragstar owner now.. b4 i started visiting e forum, i too tot i'd get a phantom, but turned out otherwise. performance wise, i believe too phantom wins hands down. but subjectivity? there juz too many phantoms ard, and really, u cant tell its a cruiser from far.. too small.. i once saw 8 phantoms parked side by side in NTU (no they'r not from some riding club) and i told myself nv will i touch a phantom. riding posture wise, for me the phantom is juz plain awkward.

i'm not even sure y u had to compare the prices CKA r selling their 2nd hand bikes w the selling price on the forums. the prices here r of coz low, due to wear and tear they have not bothered to change, coz e chrome is not shining, maybe a chip or 2 in the paintwork, and all the accumulated dirt they have not bothered to clean.. but i do agree CKA's pricing is still high even after the reconditioning.. if u r willing to put in some work yifanz, i'd suggest u get a 2nd hand daystar here in the forums and do it up urself.. paying not so much attention to the original outlook but the overall running.. personally i'd suggest u change the handlebars, haha.. i find e original ones so bent they look too uncle-ish..

cxz6666
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Simple. Relativity. It was all relative speaking. Models aside. 40k to 20k is 50%. So is 7k to 3.5k. But if you look at it price wise, it's 20k vs 3.5k. Obviously that's isn't relativity.

Then we look at branding. Like how some ppl would spend 4-5k plus on a mac book pro when that amount can get you 2 or 3 kick ass asus laptops or a home build desktop PC etc. Or $200plus on a vintage nike or adidas shoe when a $25 one at queensway/peni/mustafa one would suffice. Or Levis vs FOX. Or Tag Haeur/Hauer/Hawer vs Casio. and so on.

End of the day, it comes down to how much you willing to spend and what you wanna be seen with.

I like short haired girls but long haired ones will do. heee.
    If you compare Harley to Daelim, that is like comparing Arai to Zeus. Sure, if you sell your Arai, you may lose $200, but if you sell your Zeus, you may only lose $100. But you forgot to take into account the brand, safety, comfort and design of the Arai helmet that you gain from wearing it. Just like you forgot to take into account that the Harley is 1200cc and gives you more power, speed and torque.

You have lost track of your argument. Branding? You mean Daelim brands itself better than Honda? Tell me in what way Daelim as a brand is better than Honda. Harley Davidson is branded in its heritage and tradition. Its engine design and distinctive engine sounds are also patented.

I would pay a high price for Levi's, sure. But would I pay a high price for Baleno? I don't think so. When you ride a Harley Davidson, you get people paying attention to the bike. Even people who don't know much about bikes have heard of the brand. Daelim? Anybody who knows about bikes will know whether what kind of a brand that is.

Let me make this clear: To me, Daelim is like Baleno trying to price itself as a Levi's, get it? It isn't better in any way and yet tries to price itself above the market. Harley Davidson, on the hand, also prices itself above the market, but its branding, design and performance is worth the price. I hope it is clear

cxz6666
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That rubbish aside, yes I do own one. I wouldn't say it was the right decision I made or my first choice or it isn't giving me problems or if I regretted it or not and so on but I dare say I look damn good in it. Muahahaha...*not shy*
    I'm sure you look good on it

cxz6666
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maniahk View Post
    Wow.. it looks like cxz6666 had a really bad experience w ur old daystar to be so biased against it.. but y did u keep it for one and a half yrs?
    I owned it for one and a half years because I could not afford to upgrade.

i'm not even sure y u had to compare the prices CKA r selling their 2nd hand bikes w the selling price on the forums. the prices here r of coz low, due to wear and tear they have not bothered to change, coz e chrome is not shining, maybe a chip or 2 in the paintwork, and all the accumulated dirt they have not bothered to clean.. but i do agree CKA's pricing is still high even after the reconditioning.. if u r willing to put in some work yifanz, i'd suggest u get a 2nd hand daystar here in the forums and do it up urself.. paying not so much attention to the original outlook but the overall running.. personally i'd suggest u change the handlebars, haha.. i find e original ones so bent they look too uncle-ish..
    Why did I compare CKA prices with second-hand ones here? You just answered it yourself.

plasticblackspecs
    sleep
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did not openly compared Daelim with Honda and as I said, everything was hearsay relatively speaking. If I were to compare comfort and safety and style and all those factors, I'd buy a nice water bed and stay home sleep all day. Baleno did not price their jeans the same price as Levis, nor did Daelim as to Harleys, cc-wise aside, but it's 2+am and I'm too tired to continue the arguement if there was one in the first place even after I agreed with you that Phantoms are better than Daystars in all aspects so I'll pass and let you have it.
    w y x m m

cxz6666
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Again you are trying to compare the price of a 1200cc bike and a 125cc bike. If you think that is a fair comparison, cc aside, good luck to you. By the way, no brand of motorcycle prices its 125cc bikes more than a 1200cc Harley Davidson. So, what does that prove?

I used Baleno and Levi's as an example because both are selling jeans. Please, if you want to compare the price of bikes, compare bikes that are in the same class. It's like saying Ford does not price itself like a Ferrari, cc aside. What the hell does that mean?
    Last edited by cxz6666; 10-11-2007 at 04:34 AM.

plasticblackspecs
    sleep
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dude!!! Relativity!!!! Go read up on it. And cc aside means NOT comparing cc. gosh
    w y x m m

plasticblackspecs
    sleep
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know what, you're right. You can't compare a Harley against a Daelim. I'm wrong and I apologize. I was just bullshitting my way through before just to clock post and create hype. My bad.
    w y x m m

maniahk
    has no status.
    Class 2A
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know what, you're right. You can't compare a Harley against a Daelim. I'm wrong and I apologize. I was just bullshitting my way through before just to clock post and create hype. My bad.
    haha.. tuff talkin to biased opinions huh?
    http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6255620#post6255620

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6255647#post6255647

plasticblackspecs
    sleep
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just generally tired la. Just came back from an amazing day ride la Eh when you coming out join us? Can't be forever studying right? Or playing pool or something? No need la, can take a rest once in awhile. hahaha
    w y x m m

yifanz
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi cxz,
    1stly, i really appreciate all your pointers tat u had given and i think they worth alot to me. a big thankyou to u.
    i really dont wish u guys to start a fight out of this.
    a big thank you to all who left their professional views on this topic. lets not continue.

thanks and regards

cxz6666
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dude!!! Relativity!!!! Go read up on it. And cc aside means NOT comparing cc. gosh
    If there is a 125cc Harley costing $10,000 versus a 125cc Daystar costing $8,000, then that is a fair comparison.

If a Honda Shadow 400 costs $14,000, but a Honda Shadow 600 costs $18,000, then cc aside, why is there a price difference? You work out the logic. The difference is in the construction of the bigger cc engine. That is why you can't just say cc aside, and still use the same price as a comparison. I hope that finally makes sense to you now.

Bottom line is that your logic is wrong. I rest my case.

haha.. tuff talkin to biased opinions huh?
    Haha, if my opinions are biased, then why are there so few Daystar riders and why is the resale value so low? Just a thought, how many Daystar riders here bought their bikes brand new from CKA?

By the way, the foot positioning of the Yamaha Dragstar is in a much better feet forward postition. But of course, it's only my opinion. But I guess Yamaha can now charge 1.5 times the price of a Honda Shadow for its Dragstar, huh?

Oh yah, you are the same person who questioned why I compared the prices of CKA with second-hand ones here and then went on to tell the world exactly why they should think twice about buying from CKA. Tell me about being biased
    Last edited by cxz6666; 12-11-2007 at 04:01 PM.

cxz6666
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi cxz,
    1stly, i really appreciate all your pointers tat u had given and i think they worth alot to me. a big thankyou to u.
    i really dont wish u guys to start a fight out of this.
    a big thank you to all who left their professional views on this topic. lets not continue.

thanks and regards
    I don't really think it's a fight. It's about an argument on logic. But in respect to you as the threadstarter, the discussion ends here. I hope you got a good bike

dreamwalk
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Phantom

pros:
    abundent supply of replacement parts
    faster pick up and better top speed.

cons:
    cornering less stable
    too common
    prone to theft

Daystar:

Pros:
    Bigger in size
    Nicer design
    More stable
    Unique

Cons:
    Spare parts damn expensive
    Feels under powered

One man's meat is another man's poison. Lets not judge another person by the bike he rides. Afterall, its not about the bike, its about the ride.
    learning to be a better rider.

Page 1 of 103 123451151101 ... LastLast