has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi All,

I am new to this, and i am very keen in getting a bike soon. Of course, like most here, there are alot of family and friends that seriously do not recommend getting a bike. So I am considering a 3 wheel bike. The reason would be commuting to school(west side) from work(east side).

I am not able to find much information regarding this. Is it safer than normal bikes? ok i know this is a little open ended but is it a bigger target(more visible to others), less or no skids, how it handles when on wet road or when its raining etc kind of safe.

From what I see, there are two types mainly, Gilera and Piaggio scooters that are with 2 front wheels. (spyder $eem$ out of reach) Is there any bikes with 2 rear wheels for 2B?

Can any one please advise?

PS, i am sorry if this is not the right thread to post.
    Thanks for your time.

foxin
    is foxin-out
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting choice of bike selection you have there. But one thing I'm puzzled was... Even with a 3 wheel bike, does it make you any better should you **touch wood** involve in a road traffic accident which was caused by others?

Sometimes being on the 2 wheels can avoid and be a little more nimble than 3 wheels you know?

And for what I observed, 3 wheels are very unsuitable in counter-centrifugal force.. Slipping off the the road seems like a matter of anytime should your tyre cannot hold out.

Akab
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Foxin,

Yup. i understand your point of view. Even if we ride safely and not buang/knock others, when others dont and buang/knock us, nothing we can do. ( not exactly nothing we can do, we can take evasive action but i hope you get what i mean.)

which is why i hope that such a bike would be more 'visible' to others thus reducing this even if it is by 5% chance. (im not saying its cfm 5% but just a random number.)

I also have my doubts about the 2 front wheel bike which is why I was hoping that a bike with 2 rear wheels would be more stable which is why i am looking for help here.

foxin
    is foxin-out
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OoOoo...
    Not much I can see of except the ones that you did mentioned. Cam-am is like super inconvenient btw..
    But I'm pretty sure there is not bike with 2 rear wheels unless you're taking class 1 category, then there is the one with 2wheels behind. (seen one dude on that b4 with a handicapped sign on his rear seat)
    or..
    you can actually get buy that w/o class 1 licenese? LOL!

Akab
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is there still class 1 in SG?

imsmallfry
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi is cbr 150 2011 model available in sg?

foxin
    is foxin-out
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Akab View Post
    is there still class 1 in SG?
    I have no idea man.. I do run into some 3wheels vehicle with a handicapped sign.

imsmallfry: Yes, it's already all over the place now

shah9177
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so bro,now wat bike ur ride??

shah9177
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by curiously always View Post
    hey guys .. i'm a 24 yr old guy here .. just got my 2b liscence bout 20days ago .. now i got $1000 only to down payment .. i want to get a cub either sparkx or x1r .. i've been to ban hon at angmokio to ask for on the road price,sparkx 4550,x1r 4700 ... the apek say interest 5% instalment every month .. i went ther because it's near for me as i'm staying in the north area and also a friend of mine reccomend me that place .. apek also said that minimum down payment $1000 as i want to take brand new bike .. so guys what do you think,is it expensive?? i mean is it an average price for that cubs?? and also i donot want to go other shops that is futher from my home u c,as it'll be inconvinient for me to go n pay instalment every month ... any reccomendation guys? any comment? please help ..and usually how long it would take for me to collect my bike from them? i heared its 2 to 3 days,isit true?? what i should really ask them in details before and after i buy the bike??will they automatically give me a box(free gifts) or should i ask them??.. i really blur lei here!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!! ... please reply me ...

so bro wat bike u ride now??

darkleopard
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi all,

I'm currently learning by Class 2B license and I'm thinking of getting a 2nd hand bike.

Sachs MadAss 125
    Daelim B-Bone 125

Any comment on the 2 bikes that I've listed and roughtly how much will it be for a 2 to 3 yrs old bike?

Btw, my height is about 1.8M.

zuhair
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

jumanji
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi everyone! I have been riding for a year now and next week I can register for my class 2A.

Currently I am riding a HONDA CBR150.

Would it be better for me to just stick to 2b bike or get a 2a bike?

Initially I thought of getting 2a license and get super4 coz many ppl say super4 is a good 2a bike but recently some of my friends say just stick to 2b bike.

What i look for in a bike is normally speed and comfort as i am always rushing from point to point and i dont really know much about bikes or mechanics so low maintenance would be good too.. My current speed of my honda cbr150 is normally 120km/h which personally i dont think is fast enough..lol.

Any advise please..? Should i change to a different 2b bike or shud i get a 2a bike..?

jumanji
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi everyone! I have been riding for a year now and next week I can register for my class 2A.

Initially I thought of getting 2a license and get super4 coz many ppl say super4 is a good 2a bike but recently some of my friends say just stick to 2b bike.

What i look for in a bike is normally speed and comfort as i am always rushing from point to point and i dont really know much about bikes or mechanics so low maintenance would be good too.. My current speed of my honda cbr150 is normally 120km/h which personally i dont think is fast enough..lol.

Any advise please..? Should i change to a different 2b bike or shud i get a 2a bike..?

checkoutonly
    is doomed !
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good informative thread !

Quote Originally Posted by jumanji View Post
    Hi everyone! I have been riding for a year now and next week I can register for my class 2A. Any advise please..? Should i change to a different 2b bike or shud i get a 2a bike..?
    a Super4 sounds good. maintenance wise, it would be the same with cbr150. just different price.
    ZXR250 --> TXR150 --> TZM150 --> FXR150 --> DUC148 XD --> GSXR750G --> CBR919 --> GSXR600K4 --???

letting off GSXR600K4 -PM me ....downgrading to KTM200

Limhg
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Akab View Post
    Hi Foxin,

Yup. i understand your point of view. Even if we ride safely and not buang/knock others, when others dont and buang/knock us, nothing we can do. ( not exactly nothing we can do, we can take evasive action but i hope you get what i mean.)

which is why i hope that such a bike would be more 'visible' to others thus reducing this even if it is by 5% chance. (im not saying its cfm 5% but just a random number.)

I also have my doubts about the 2 front wheel bike which is why I was hoping that a bike with 2 rear wheels would be more stable which is why i am looking for help here.
    FYI- motorcycles turn by leaning and counteracting the centrifugal forces during a turn. the 2 front wheel motorcycles that are currently in our market lets the bike lean by moving the two front wheel slightly infront or behind the other. Its definitely more stable with 2 wheels in front compared to 2 wheels behind bro. You got ride tricycle before when your young? if you turn suddenly you'll flip!

the 2 wheels behind concept is really for slow vehicles that need to carry load behind. If it really were stable at all. They would be made more common.

bob123
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the piaggio mp3 bikes are pretty stable. The whole bike can pivot like a normal bike during turns.

foxin
    is foxin-out
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jumanji View Post

I have had that same dilemma as you do sometime ago. So maybe I can help you in some way la huh? Heee..
    Currently from what I'm riding (R15), my initial cost is quite high and it would definitely cost me alot to let it go now and get for myself say a S4 ver I.
    So, the point is if your bike cost you quite a bit already, why not just hold on to it? That was what I thought.

And.. Upon riding a S4, you will feel very powerful since the power is vastly different and the riding experience is very very different. I would say I would want to ditch my 2B anytime and jump right onto a S4 anytime. I even consider to cut severely into my budget to live by each day on bread and water just for a S4... But big bike comes with big responsibilities. Besides, S4 have very good value should you get one and sell some years down the road.

So..
    1) Opportunity cost of your 2B bike for a 2A bike
    2) Speed is definitely there and in fact 400cc is optimum for local road.
    3) low maintenance? Sure! But it goes by 3 bottles of EO anytime and 4 spark plugs. Brake pads 2 at the front and 1 on the rear. It's not hassle free but it's definitely costly at every one servicing.

bookboon
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think dear Duke 390 is similar to the Duke 200 but the main differentiating factor is the bigger engine. It is better for you. Other than the “390” sticker on the fuel tank and bright trademark KTM orange paint for the trellis frame, there is no way you can tell them apart. The sharing of vehicle parts between multiple bikes helps in reducing the cost.

bike sales

Wonders55
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey i just got my 2B license. Really interested in these two bikes. The Yamaha YZF-R15 and the Honda CBR 150 R Repsol edition. The image of the second bike is attached. Anyone knows of a dealer for these bikes? honda-cbr-150-r-reps-2_600x0w.jpg

RaidoN
    ^^
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wonders55 View Post
    Hey i just got my 2B license. Really interested in these two bikes. The Yamaha YZF-R15 and the Honda CBR 150 R Repsol edition. The image of the second bike is attached. Anyone knows of a dealer for these bikes? honda-cbr-150-r-reps-2_600x0w.jpg
    Looks like CBR1000

Wonders55
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I checked online and found out it is the new cbr 150r repsol edition.. But not sure if it is available in singapore yet..

Wonders55
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

eugene fernando
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default honda steed

Guys,

Need advice...is Honda steed a good bike to keep as.in fuel and maintainennce wise...need advice please

emmawatson77
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suggest you to purchase "Honda 400", A great quality bike.

Jogos de moto

timothygoh
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Looking for a naked bike

Hi Guys,
    Can someone help in choosing between a ducati 696 monster, Fz 600/800 and a Honda CB1000R?

poorboii
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I checked online and found out it is the new cbr 150r repsol edition.. But not sure if it is available in singapore yet..
    Havent seen this model in sg yet. Only the single headlight cbr150r.

mechwira
    rides for recreation.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the website screwed up. so funny. they wrongly used pics of a CBR1000RR for a CBR150R article.

It's true: it's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than to ride a fast bike slow. Admittedly, though... It is MOST fun to ride a fast bike fast!

revhappy
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The Honda CBR150R and CBR250R Repsol seems to be limited editions available in Indonesia.
    http://www.onomotor.com/harga-cbr-150r-repsol-edition/

In India, they have CBR250R Repsol only because there they dont sell CBR150R
    http://autos.maxabout.com/bikes/hond...pecial-edition

Contact your Honda agents to see if they are bringing these in.
    May '10 - Jun '11 : Bajaj Pulsar 180 DTSi UG2
    Jul '11 - Jan '12 : Honda Phantom TA200
    Feb '12 - Jul '12 : Bajaj Pulsar 180 DTSi UG3
    Aug '12 - Current : Bajaj Pulsar 200 DTSi

pxg
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone can share what's the usual process for buying a new bike?
    e.g insurance standard is 1st party.. payment has to be made first then few weeks later then collect bike.. etc..

Tian3068
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi guys, anyone know what is the current price of aprillia rs125?

intend to buy it once I pass my 2b.

manan_in_2000
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guys please help me deciding the best 2b bike that I can buy as used one, as I intend to upgrade to 2A next year, so don't want to spend huge money on new bike. intending to spend 2.5k to 3k. I am not interested in TA or Avenger as i am not a cruiser guy (unless it's a Harley ). Sure shot no for scooter as well.

Anyone can suggest any good dealer who is tried and tested for his genuineness as well.

ticks
    is learning supermoto
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manan_in_2000 View Post
    Guys please help me deciding the best 2b bike that I can buy as used one, as I intend to upgrade to 2A next year, so don't want to spend huge money on new bike. intending to spend 2.5k to 3k. I am not interested in TA or Avenger as i am not a cruiser guy (unless it's a Harley ). Sure shot no for scooter as well.

Anyone can suggest any good dealer who is tried and tested for his genuineness as well.
    Then go buy cups from private seller lo
    Ride fast..ride safe..don't crash...

leomaster
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi. 90k is that consider very high mileage for a 3 years plus 2A bike?
    Any overhaul need to be done if taking It?

Fariel
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leomaster View Post
    Hi. 90k is that consider very high mileage for a 3 years plus 2A bike?
    Any overhaul need to be done if taking It?
    Thats very high mileage for a 3 year + bike in my opinion. definitely will ask for overhaul if really want that bike.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk
    Keep calm and keep on riding ~

fat-lip
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, newbie question here - What does it mean when one mentions that the mileage for this bike is good/that bike is very good? Enlighten me please.

ticks
    is learning supermoto
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I take it to be the mileage the bike has travelled through its life. Typically a bike would travel around 10000 km per year. So the above example if 90000 in 3 years means its a work horse. Means probable engine wear..
    Ride fast..ride safe..don't crash...

fat-lip
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uh huh.. Okay. Hmm.. Would be better if the rest of the more experienced riders could elaborate more.

vinho_16
    is here for you
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Typically the more mileage a bike has clocked, the more suspectible the bike for its parts to wear soon. Unless of course it has been through an overhaul.

But a machine is a machine. Anything can go kaput at any point of time.

Having said that the lesser the mileage the better it is. Thats the best one can hope for.

A lion doesn't consider an opinion of a sheep
    love.peace.respect

niwlen
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Get smth that u like and enjoy the ride! =)

fat-lip
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Help me choose bike please!

Just a newbie rider here who still can't make up my mind among these 3 choices which i'm considering and looking at, FZ16, Bajaj Pulsar 200NS or FZ150i. Which would be recommended in terms of fuel consumption and specifications?

virux
    has status : NA
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not recommanded for pulsar since lower resale value, FZ150, personally do not like style. If I were you, definitely get FZ16
    Fuel consumption, there won't be much difference across all three bike.

baojian1990
    has no status.
    Class 2A
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am thinking of cbr 600rr or z800 for a daily commuting bike and a bike that most of the time will be pillion de haiz I had not been sleeping n keep thinking about each bike pro and cons cause I like Honda cbr600rr a lot in terms of its engine and it's outlook and its resales haiz can anyone advice on this?

allemystic
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Higher re-sale value: Harley Davidson or BMW RT/LT/GS?

xfreaker
    PB1 is gd
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cbr got beta resale than kawasaki tt for sure but for pillion n easy riding u can go for kawa.
    Btw I riding Cbr also. Hehe.

wayne310
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Confused between Duke 200 , RC200 and Ninja 300 for my first bike guys.

have lot of experience driving on singapore roads but not much with bikes ...have 2b license so not sure worth spending so much time and money on ninja 300 as my first bike.

looking for smthg that doesnt look like a pizza delivery bike and yet has enough fun factor without being too unforgiving.

also, i dig naked bikes but everyone said sports bikes more forgiving for beginners.

what do guys think? ..i am getting a bike mainly for fun factor and eventually ride into malaysia on weekends....not really for commuting.

MacTavish
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hhhhmmm.... Yamaha Tmax or Tracer?😕

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Angry
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yamaha 135 LC vs Jupiter MX, both 5 speed. Wat is your take.
    Please share. Thanks

BlueSoapr
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wayne310 View Post
    Confused between Duke 200 , RC200 and Ninja 300 for my first bike guys.

have lot of experience driving on singapore roads but not much with bikes ...have 2b license so not sure worth spending so much time and money on ninja 300 as my first bike.

looking for smthg that doesnt look like a pizza delivery bike and yet has enough fun factor without being too unforgiving.

also, i dig naked bikes but everyone said sports bikes more forgiving for beginners.

what do guys think? ..i am getting a bike mainly for fun factor and eventually ride into malaysia on weekends....not really for commuting.
    Would recommend RC200, looks better than duke 200 >imo< and since you're driving i don't recommend a 2A bike.

wayne310
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSoapr View Post
    Would recommend RC200, looks better than duke 200 >imo< and since you're driving i don't recommend a 2A bike.
    ended up getting duke 200

more comfortable riding position

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast