User Tag List

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 100 of 1594

Thread: [Ride] Super 4 Track Sessions

  1. #51
    Pplater
    is on the saddle
    TeePee Pplater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,757
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default



    eh.. all want later date ah? Then later date liao loh. Xjrredbull also pm me say tmr then confirm whether free not. Like that we postpone to.. Dec? After all the exams ah Asharie? sabahha u mind? Cause end of month i also exam liao.
    P-plate should be an attitude to safety and riding. There's always more to learn.


  2. #52
    redbeacon
    does a double take...
    SBF Moderator redbeacon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    A metropolis bordered by dense forestation
    Posts
    6,094
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well guys, if all of ya goin on December, then I'll wanna tag along as well.

    But I'll be spectating and givin a lil S4 support
    Last edited by redbeacon; 25-11-2007 at 08:19 PM.

     

     
  3. #53
    xjrredbull
    rides a Legend now
    SBF Lacer
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    EastSide
    Posts
    15,898
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redbeacon View Post
    Well guys, if all of ya goin on December, then I'll wanna tag along as well.

    But I'll be spectating and givin a lil S4 support
    brother, let me know ok....thanks...
    1997 - Yamaha RXZ (Jap Model), 1999 - Yamaha TZM150, 2000 - Yamaha RXS115, 2001 - Honda Wave 125S, 2002 - Yamaha 125Z, 2004 - 2011 Yamaha XJR400RR Redbull Theme, 2005 - Spark Z110, 2006 - Kawasaki KRR150, 2009 - Suzuki Bandit 400, 2010 - Suzuki GSXR400R(project cannibalism), 2011 - Suzuki Hayabusa Gen 1 White Motul Theme, 2012 - Suzuki K6 1K & RZ350LC *lead XJR Sgp since 2007 - 2012*

  4. #54
    sabbaha
    Rockerz
    TeePee sabbaha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Town of Rockers!
    Posts
    3,274
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pplater View Post
    eh.. all want later date ah? Then later date liao loh. Xjrredbull also pm me say tmr then confirm whether free not. Like that we postpone to.. Dec? After all the exams ah Asharie? sabahha u mind? Cause end of month i also exam liao.
    Ok den bro...it will be Dec den..
    Some biker once said " If u haven't been to Gerik, U haven't been touring in Malaysia".

  5. #55
    redbeacon
    does a double take...
    SBF Moderator redbeacon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    A metropolis bordered by dense forestation
    Posts
    6,094
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    (edited out for privacy reasons)
    Last edited by redbeacon; 25-11-2007 at 08:19 PM.

  6. #56
    redbeacon
    does a double take...
    SBF Moderator redbeacon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    A metropolis bordered by dense forestation
    Posts
    6,094
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xjrredbull View Post
    brother, let me know ok....thanks...
    Dude, are you the one with the Red Bull paintwork?
    Last edited by redbeacon; 25-11-2007 at 08:20 PM.

  7. #57
    xjrredbull
    rides a Legend now
    SBF Lacer
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    EastSide
    Posts
    15,898
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redbeacon View Post
    Dude, are you the one with the Red Bull paintwork?
    er???? y ar????
    1997 - Yamaha RXZ (Jap Model), 1999 - Yamaha TZM150, 2000 - Yamaha RXS115, 2001 - Honda Wave 125S, 2002 - Yamaha 125Z, 2004 - 2011 Yamaha XJR400RR Redbull Theme, 2005 - Spark Z110, 2006 - Kawasaki KRR150, 2009 - Suzuki Bandit 400, 2010 - Suzuki GSXR400R(project cannibalism), 2011 - Suzuki Hayabusa Gen 1 White Motul Theme, 2012 - Suzuki K6 1K & RZ350LC *lead XJR Sgp since 2007 - 2012*

  8. #58
    hachi
    waiting to down grade
    SBF Lacer hachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Yishun
    Posts
    9,752
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    LPW coming with you all??
    Bikes Owned: LC125 RXZ135 GSXR400RP CB400VS CB400Spec2 SV650 02CBRF4i FZ1000 CBR929 05YZF-R6 CBR150 HondaSonic125 Yamaha_CygnusX125 KymcoGrandink_250 Hornet_250 04_Yamaha_Tmax Silverwing 400 FZ6_S2 GSXR600K7

    Current bikes: NIL

    Gear 4th

  9. #59
    ghost04
    has no status.
    TeePee ghost04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    4,203
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i think should pick a nice date in dec then set in advance so tat ppl who need to apply leave can do so early to avoid disappointment...or may be suggest 3 different dates see which most prefer..a monday or tuesday will be good for s4 to play...just my suggestion.
    hopefully by then my s4 still ard if not cannot join liao..

    stay calm and carry on...

  10. #60
    sabbaha
    Rockerz
    TeePee sabbaha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Town of Rockers!
    Posts
    3,274
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ghost04 View Post
    i think should pick a nice date in dec then set in advance so tat ppl who need to apply leave can do so early to avoid disappointment...or may be suggest 3 different dates see which most prefer..a monday or tuesday will be good for s4 to play...just my suggestion.
    hopefully by then my s4 still ard if not cannot join liao..
    that would be great bro...if u could join again...
    den can ask bro palmer and the other bro to come along too.
    Some biker once said " If u haven't been to Gerik, U haven't been touring in Malaysia".

  11. #61
    redbeacon
    does a double take...
    SBF Moderator redbeacon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    A metropolis bordered by dense forestation
    Posts
    6,094
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xjrredbull View Post
    brother, let me know ok....thanks...
    Eh dude, I wasn't the one that was planning an S4 track day yea?

    (Unless y'all want me to plan; I'm a very poor ride/race group trip planner )

    Hey Limpeiwah!
    If you're undercover masquerading as another nickname on this forum, do PM me leh when you have the S4 track riding days set....
    Last edited by redbeacon; 25-11-2007 at 08:20 PM.

     

     
  12. #62
    ghost04
    has no status.
    TeePee ghost04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    4,203
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sabbaha View Post
    that would be great bro...if u could join again...
    den can ask bro palmer and the other bro to come along too.
    haha no problems..my helmet bag still wit u ??

    stay calm and carry on...

  13. #63
    SMR
    has no status.
    Class 2A SMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Yishun
    Posts
    523
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Talking

    Dec period will be as I'll be clearing my leave then.

  14. #64
    Pplater
    is on the saddle
    TeePee Pplater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,757
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ghost04 View Post
    i think should pick a nice date in dec then set in advance so tat ppl who need to apply leave can do so early to avoid disappointment...or may be suggest 3 different dates see which most prefer..a monday or tuesday will be good for s4 to play...just my suggestion.
    hopefully by then my s4 still ard if not cannot join liao..
    Ya.. I agree with you. Should set a date on weekday, prob sometime in dec. I propose Dec 7 Friday and Dec 10 Monday, any objections? hehe.. cause i got a touring trip in end Dec, so would like to wear out this pair of tyres and change fresh ones for my tour. I'll prob go both days.
    Last edited by Pplater; 15-11-2007 at 05:34 PM.
    P-plate should be an attitude to safety and riding. There's always more to learn.


  15. #65
    xjrredbull
    rides a Legend now
    SBF Lacer
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    EastSide
    Posts
    15,898
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redbeacon View Post
    Eh dude, I wasn't the one that was planning an S4 track day yea?

    (Unless y'all want me to plan; I'm a very poor ride/race group trip planner )

    Hey Limpeiwah!
    If you're undercover masquerading as another nickname on this forum, do PM me leh when you have the S4 track riding days set....
    then who is redbeacon? or pplater??? i am confused, man......
    1997 - Yamaha RXZ (Jap Model), 1999 - Yamaha TZM150, 2000 - Yamaha RXS115, 2001 - Honda Wave 125S, 2002 - Yamaha 125Z, 2004 - 2011 Yamaha XJR400RR Redbull Theme, 2005 - Spark Z110, 2006 - Kawasaki KRR150, 2009 - Suzuki Bandit 400, 2010 - Suzuki GSXR400R(project cannibalism), 2011 - Suzuki Hayabusa Gen 1 White Motul Theme, 2012 - Suzuki K6 1K & RZ350LC *lead XJR Sgp since 2007 - 2012*

  16. #66
    redbeacon
    does a double take...
    SBF Moderator redbeacon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    A metropolis bordered by dense forestation
    Posts
    6,094
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Okay...let me clear some air here.

    You wanted me to "let you know" should there be a confirmed date for an S4 track gathering.

    My answer is...I gotta look at this thread (and the planners), date not confirmed yet bro..
    Last edited by redbeacon; 25-11-2007 at 08:20 PM.

  17. #67
    xjrredbull
    rides a Legend now
    SBF Lacer
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    EastSide
    Posts
    15,898
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redbeacon View Post
    Okay...let me clear some air here.

    You wanted me to "let you know" should there be a confirmed date for an S4 track gathering.

    My answer is...I gotta look at this thread (and the planners), date not confirmed yet bro..
    just make updates available here, shud be ok leow...hahhaah
    1997 - Yamaha RXZ (Jap Model), 1999 - Yamaha TZM150, 2000 - Yamaha RXS115, 2001 - Honda Wave 125S, 2002 - Yamaha 125Z, 2004 - 2011 Yamaha XJR400RR Redbull Theme, 2005 - Spark Z110, 2006 - Kawasaki KRR150, 2009 - Suzuki Bandit 400, 2010 - Suzuki GSXR400R(project cannibalism), 2011 - Suzuki Hayabusa Gen 1 White Motul Theme, 2012 - Suzuki K6 1K & RZ350LC *lead XJR Sgp since 2007 - 2012*

  18. #68
    Pplater
    is on the saddle
    TeePee Pplater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,757
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    This thread is limpehwah open one leh.. But he dissapear liao. I don't mind going with same cc bikes so post loh. Am sure there are many 400cc streetbike riders who play track but dun post, but if could get a few them going will have plenty to learn from them. So how? 7th and 10th Dec can?
    P-plate should be an attitude to safety and riding. There's always more to learn.


  19. #69
    PaLmEr
    ish nom nom noming!
    SBF Senior Moderator PaLmEr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Sinkapourlang
    Posts
    13,899
    Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sabbaha View Post
    that would be great bro...if u could join again...
    den can ask bro palmer and the other bro to come along too.
    how come my name pop up? i ish slow rider leh

  20. #70
    Pplater
    is on the saddle
    TeePee Pplater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,757
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Note to Moderators: Hi mods, I remember this thread was opened in super 4 threads section by limpehwah but moved to track thread by a moderator. Could this thread be shifted to super 4 section cause its really weird to see "super4 track day" in "On The Track" section when super4 is not a track bike? Also, given that most super4 riders dun do track, its unlikely they will browse the track threads.

    Therefore i feel this thread should be placed in super4 section. Mods address this please?
    P-plate should be an attitude to safety and riding. There's always more to learn.


  21. #71
    Raptor
    MotorSports.. I am the boss and worker.
    SBF Moderator Raptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Three Doors Down.
    Posts
    6,801
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PaLmEr View Post
    how come my name pop up? i ish slow rider leh
    Ya... and I am still learning how to take corners.


    FAA licenced motorcycle mechanic

    Add me: http://www.facebook.com/raptormotorsports

     

     
  22. #72
    sabbaha
    Rockerz
    TeePee sabbaha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Town of Rockers!
    Posts
    3,274
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ghost04 View Post
    haha no problems..my helmet bag still wit u ??
    yupe. its wif me. but wat brand eh?
    Some biker once said " If u haven't been to Gerik, U haven't been touring in Malaysia".

  23. #73
    sabbaha
    Rockerz
    TeePee sabbaha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Town of Rockers!
    Posts
    3,274
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PaLmEr View Post
    how come my name pop up? i ish slow rider leh
    yah rite! slow rider! haha! i was behind trying to catch up wif u!
    Some biker once said " If u haven't been to Gerik, U haven't been touring in Malaysia".

  24. #74
    Darkness19
    19
    SBF Lacer Darkness19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    5,956
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i am interested,is tis track day still on?

  25. #75
    redbeacon
    does a double take...
    SBF Moderator redbeacon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    A metropolis bordered by dense forestation
    Posts
    6,094
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkness19 View Post
    i am interested,is tis track day still on?
    Scroll up, bro. The tentative dates are out.

    BTW, I'm going to see whether I can "free myself" on those dates.
    Seeya there, guys!
    Last edited by redbeacon; 25-11-2007 at 08:21 PM.

  26. #76
    Pplater
    is on the saddle
    TeePee Pplater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,757
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redbeacon View Post
    Scroll up, bro. The tentative dates are out.

    BTW, I'm going to see whether I can "free myself" on those dates.
    Seeya there, guys!
    U can suggest any weekdays too. I'm having holidays in Dec
    P-plate should be an attitude to safety and riding. There's always more to learn.


  27. #77
    Kutrax
    has no status.
    TeePee Kutrax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Kuta, bali
    Posts
    4,128
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pplater View Post
    Note to Moderators: Hi mods, I remember this thread was opened in super 4 threads section by limpehwah but moved to track thread by a moderator. Could this thread be shifted to super 4 section cause its really weird to see "super4 track day" in "On The Track" section when super4 is not a track bike? Also, given that most super4 riders dun do track, its unlikely they will browse the track threads.

    Therefore i feel this thread should be placed in super4 section. Mods address this please?
    yup should move this in S4 section.
    btw i just change sports touring tyre bt21
    how can go track with this tyre ? if not just go there see see take picture.

  28. #78
    Darkness19
    19
    SBF Lacer Darkness19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    5,956
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    tis thread moved back to S4 thread is a gd idea

  29. #79
    AsHaRiE
    has no status.
    SBF Lacer AsHaRiE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    5,745
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    im with 10 dec.. keke
    shud be fun.. never been to track before..

    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
    So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

  30. #80
    redbeacon
    does a double take...
    SBF Moderator redbeacon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    A metropolis bordered by dense forestation
    Posts
    6,094
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kutrax View Post
    yup should move this in S4 section.
    btw i just change sports touring tyre bt21
    how can go track with this tyre ? if not just go there see see take picture.
    It's possible...but FYI there are several things that you need to do to compensate for the tyres' lack of/inability to become very sticky whilst running them hard during track sessions.

    Up to ya to decide
    Last edited by redbeacon; 25-11-2007 at 08:21 PM.

  31. #81
    Pplater
    is on the saddle
    TeePee Pplater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,757
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kutrax View Post
    yup should move this in S4 section.
    btw i just change sports touring tyre bt21
    how can go track with this tyre ? if not just go there see see take picture.
    Hi Kutrax, I'm using BT021 as well. Some of my friends on big bikes play track with BT014, which are sport touring tyres as well. I do not have any problems with 021 on the track, and have not encountered any tyre slip or lost of traction, mainly because I'm too slow. Unless you are pushing the tyres to the limit for track timings by braking in corners, 021 should be able to meet your needs for the occasional track day. One issue may be that it has a flat profile, unlike M3 which has rounder tyre profile that steers easier and is more agile.

    Thanks mods for shifting this thread back to Super4 section.
    Last edited by Pplater; 17-11-2007 at 06:50 PM.
    P-plate should be an attitude to safety and riding. There's always more to learn.


     

     
  32. #82
    sabbaha
    Rockerz
    TeePee sabbaha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Town of Rockers!
    Posts
    3,274
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kutrax View Post
    yup should move this in S4 section.
    btw i just change sports touring tyre bt21
    how can go track with this tyre ? if not just go there see see take picture.
    Better not...not worth it...My 2 cents.. U will get a tail whip...But if wanna play..just go slow....Anyway i will go slow too.
    Some biker once said " If u haven't been to Gerik, U haven't been touring in Malaysia".

  33. #83
    Pplater
    is on the saddle
    TeePee Pplater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,757
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Super 4 track session

    Date: 10 Dec Monday
    Time: 8am at 2nd link Petronas
    Minimum attire: Full face helmet, touring jacket with armour, Gloves, touring pants/jeans.
    PS: If you are wearing jeans please put on knee guards.

    Info on Pasir Gudang: http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums...ad.php?t=70037

    1. Pplater
    2. Asharie
    3.
    4.
    P-plate should be an attitude to safety and riding. There's always more to learn.


  34. #84
    redbeacon
    does a double take...
    SBF Moderator redbeacon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    A metropolis bordered by dense forestation
    Posts
    6,094
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Super 4 track session

    Date: 10 Dec Monday
    Time: 8am at 2nd link Petronas
    Minimum attire: Full face helmet, touring jacket with armour, Gloves, touring pants/jeans.
    PS: If you are wearing jeans please put on knee guards.

    Info on Pasir Gudang: http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums...ad.php?t=70037

    Riders on the racetrack:
    1. Pplater
    2. Asharie
    3.
    4.

    Riders spectating:
    1. Nelly (I'll offer to lead if everybody does not know how to get there)
    2.
    -
    Last edited by redbeacon; 25-11-2007 at 08:22 PM.

  35. #85
    Pplater
    is on the saddle
    TeePee Pplater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,757
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Nelly u lead can?
    P-plate should be an attitude to safety and riding. There's always more to learn.


  36. #86
    AsHaRiE
    has no status.
    SBF Lacer AsHaRiE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    5,745
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    pplater ah.. i not confirm on racetrack section.. i try to get my suit.. if cant then i go on spectate list..

    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
    So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

  37. #87
    sabbaha
    Rockerz
    TeePee sabbaha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Town of Rockers!
    Posts
    3,274
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I would like to be a spectator too.
    Some biker once said " If u haven't been to Gerik, U haven't been touring in Malaysia".

  38. #88
    redbeacon
    does a double take...
    SBF Moderator redbeacon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    A metropolis bordered by dense forestation
    Posts
    6,094
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sabbaha View Post
    I would like to be a spectator too.
    Really? You gonna be seated at the pits doin nothing.
    Ain't gonna be fun
    Last edited by redbeacon; 25-11-2007 at 08:22 PM.

  39. #89
    Raptor
    MotorSports.. I am the boss and worker.
    SBF Moderator Raptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Three Doors Down.
    Posts
    6,801
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Guys, just a piece of advice.

    Don't go to near the apex of Turn 5. Stay about 2 feet away from the inside edge.

    That is the lowest point in that corner, it is a depression on the track where water collects. All the loose gravel and sand gets collected there too.

    Seen too many people lose the front end in that corner.

    It is the same for Turn 12 too. There is an obvious dip there which will upstage your suspension causing you to wobble and possibly end up with a tank slapper when you come onto the front straight if your suspension is not set right.

    Have fun. Ride safe and within your limits.


    FAA licenced motorcycle mechanic

    Add me: http://www.facebook.com/raptormotorsports

  40. #90
    PaLmEr
    ish nom nom noming!
    SBF Senior Moderator PaLmEr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Sinkapourlang
    Posts
    13,899
    Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
    Guys, just a piece of advice.

    Don't go to near the apex of Turn 5. Stay about 2 feet away from the inside edge.

    That is the lowest point in that corner, it is a depression on the track where water collects. All the loose gravel and sand gets collected there too.

    Seen too many people lose the front end in that corner.

    It is the same for Turn 12 too. There is an obvious dip there which will upstage your suspension causing you to wobble and possibly end up with a tank slapper when you come onto the front straight if your suspension is not set right.

    Have fun. Ride safe and within your limits.
    agreed! theres a smaller one @ turn 8 too.

  41. #91
    SMR
    has no status.
    Class 2A SMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Yishun
    Posts
    523
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I heard that we can change our tyres over at there too? Anyone can verify this? And what are the prices?

     

     
  42. #92
    Raptor
    MotorSports.. I am the boss and worker.
    SBF Moderator Raptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Three Doors Down.
    Posts
    6,801
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SMR View Post
    I heard that we can change our tyres over at there too? Anyone can verify this? And what are the prices?
    At PG itself?? Not that I know of, but then again, I could be outdated.


    FAA licenced motorcycle mechanic

    Add me: http://www.facebook.com/raptormotorsports

  43. #93
    SMR
    has no status.
    Class 2A SMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Yishun
    Posts
    523
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    That was what I heard from my friend that tyres changing is available at PG. It should be inside a container and available only for Fri & Sat. There should be a shop and should be ready by Dec as what I heard from my friend.
    Anyone can verify this?

  44. #94
    Pplater
    is on the saddle
    TeePee Pplater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,757
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums...ad.php?t=70037

    In case first-timers do not know what Raptor and Palmer are talking about, refer to the map at the last post of this thread above.

    The turns are marked by T1, T2, T3 etc..

    I feel that every first timer's nightmare will be T9. Its uphill after T8 and then downhill right before T9, so when you pass the crest of the road its a sudden sharp right followed by left turn. If you run wide on T9 that will make T10 very difficult. Despite being warned of T9 and led by the nose on my first lap by a friend i still had a shock.

    First-timers will not be able to tell which turn is number what when you are on the track, so my suggestion will be to go slow for a few laps first, familiarize yourself with the layout of the track and remember where is T9 before pushing. It took me a couple track sessions before i could tell which turn is which, and till then pushing is a risky business. But the track benefits of just a few sessions, even 1 session will be noticeable to you when you ride on the streets. There's plenty to learn about your machine and yourself in a controlled environment like PG built just for that. Am sure the track regulars like Raptor and Palmer will agree
    Last edited by Pplater; 19-11-2007 at 01:20 PM.
    P-plate should be an attitude to safety and riding. There's always more to learn.


  45. #95
    Raptor
    MotorSports.. I am the boss and worker.
    SBF Moderator Raptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Three Doors Down.
    Posts
    6,801
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SMR View Post
    That was what I heard from my friend that tyres changing is available at PG. It should be inside a container and available only for Fri & Sat. There should be a shop and should be ready by Dec as what I heard from my friend.
    Anyone can verify this?
    Wow, if that is true... that's great.
    Hope their prices would be competitive though.


    FAA licenced motorcycle mechanic

    Add me: http://www.facebook.com/raptormotorsports

  46. #96
    ghost04
    has no status.
    TeePee ghost04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    4,203
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sabbaha View Post
    yupe. its wif me. but wat brand eh?
    i think its mhr one...

    stay calm and carry on...

  47. #97
    ghost04
    has no status.
    TeePee ghost04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    4,203
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pplater View Post
    http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums...ad.php?t=70037

    In case first-timers do not know what Raptor and Palmer are talking about, refer to the map at the last post of this thread above.

    The turns are marked by T1, T2, T3 etc..

    I feel that every first timer's nightmare will be T9. Its uphill after T8 and then downhill right before T9, so when you pass the crest of the road its a sudden sharp right followed by left turn. If you run wide on T9 that will make T10 very difficult. Despite being warned of T9 and led by the nose on my first lap by a friend i still had a shock.

    First-timers will not be able to tell which turn is number what when you are on the track, so my suggestion will be to go slow for a few laps first, familiarize yourself with the layout of the track and remember where is T9 before pushing. It took me a couple track sessions before i could tell which turn is which, and till then pushing is a risky business. But the track benefits of just a few sessions, even 1 session will be noticeable to you when you ride on the streets. There's plenty to learn about your machine and yourself in a controlled environment like PG built just for that. Am sure the track regulars like Raptor and Palmer will agree
    haha till now turn 1 is my only nightmare...

    stay calm and carry on...

  48. #98
    ghost04
    has no status.
    TeePee ghost04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    4,203
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    this is how low a s4 can go...maybe even lower.

    my micron full system midpipe. scraped at turn 1.

    stay calm and carry on...

  49. #99
    ghost04
    has no status.
    TeePee ghost04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    4,203
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    the m3 tyre...

    stay calm and carry on...

  50. #100
    AsHaRiE
    has no status.
    SBF Lacer AsHaRiE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    5,745
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redbeacon View Post
    Really? You gonna be seated at the pits doin nothing.
    Ain't gonna be fun
    weLL.. for a first timer.. taking pictures would be cool! ..hehe.. not really keen on going on tracks unless i've seen the actions first and learn abit on posture and appropriate skills.. haha..

    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
    So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •