User Tag List

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 150 of 373

Thread: Aftermarket Exhaust Inspection Procedures

  1. #101
    kittosoft
    pi55ed
    Class 2B kittosoft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    dreamland
    Posts
    404
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by aRcHeR View Post
    as long as LTA database have the exhaust model vs your bike model, your exhaust will pass the inspection..
    eh... where to get the database? sorry for my ignorance


    I believe in Value for My HaRD EARN MOOlah

  2. #102
    hanxx
    has no status.
    TeePee hanxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    HOUGANG
    Posts
    2,527
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    hi bros,need some advice here.

    I have been stopped by TP few days ago,and was told i needed a certificate for my aftermarket pipe.

    since i couldnt get any documents/certificate from the previous owner,may i know where can i get a certificate for my MICRON exhaust pipe?

    do i have to pay for it?
    are there any alternatives or suggestions?

    thanks alot in advance
    27 DEC 2007 - CLASS 2B
    15 JAN 2008 - HONDA NSR 150 SP
    07 APR 2009 - CLASS 2A
    30 MAY 2009 - HONDA CB400 VERSION S
    14 SEP 2009 - CLASS 3
    14 OCT 2010 - CLASS 2
    02 SEP 2011 - HONDA CBR600RR HRC
    13 MAY 2013 - VESPA PX200 1985
    22 JAN 2014 - DUCATI STREETFIGHTER S

     

     
  3. #103
    Itachi
    has no status.
    Class 2A Itachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Yishun
    Posts
    658
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hanxx View Post
    hi bros,need some advice here.

    I have been stopped by TP few days ago,and was told i needed a certificate for my aftermarket pipe.

    since i couldnt get any documents/certificate from the previous owner,may i know where can i get a certificate for my MICRON exhaust pipe?

    do i have to pay for it?
    are there any alternatives or suggestions?

    thanks alot in advance
    wah? the TP let u go?? read somewhere in the forum tt u can get the cert from the distributor of ur exhaust. How much is it im not so sure.

  4. #104
    WawanAprilia
    has no status.
    Class 2
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,446
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Guyz gotta ask .. I bought a 2nd hand bike with aftermarket pipe. The pipe certificate states the owner's name , the pipe model and the bike license plate number.. Do i have to change the name to my own name if i were to go to LTA for inspection ??
    Be humble on the road at all times coz u'll neva noe wen u need any rider's help...

  5. #105
    dragonforce
    riding old bike
    SBF Lacer dragonforce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    East
    Posts
    8,114
    Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WawanAprilia View Post
    Guyz gotta ask .. I bought a 2nd hand bike with aftermarket pipe. The pipe certificate states the owner's name , the pipe model and the bike license plate number.. Do i have to change the name to my own name if i were to go to LTA for inspection ??
    if i am not wrong, exhaust is attahced to bike, not to rider.. so it SHOULD be ok.. i also bought a bike with aftermarket exhaust, went of inspection.. no hiccups.
    Quote Originally Posted by motobike-search-engine.co.uk
    Rat bike - A motorcycle not necessarily kept in pristine condition, often painted matt black. Minimal maintenance and mismatched parts often used.

  6. #106
    DenverDino
    has no status.
    TeePee DenverDino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Journey to the West
    Posts
    3,051
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi guys,

    Hope someone can help me to answer this question.

    My friend just bought a 2nd hand street legal exhaust but...the silencer has been modified. So can we still send the bike for inspection? Cos i heard from one of my friend say is ok to send in for inspection and pretend you dont know anything about the silencer has being modify. Hope someone can help me on this....

    Thanks and best regards....
    "靚仔,要去嗎"("Handsome, want to go")?!!! wahahaha....


  7. #107
    DenverDino
    has no status.
    TeePee DenverDino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Journey to the West
    Posts
    3,051
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WawanAprilia View Post
    Guyz gotta ask .. I bought a 2nd hand bike with aftermarket pipe. The pipe certificate states the owner's name , the pipe model and the bike license plate number.. Do i have to change the name to my own name if i were to go to LTA for inspection ??
    You still need to do a Exhaust Owner Transfer. Have to pay one... not FOC. Remember to bring along your logcard...they need to keep one copy of it.
    "靚仔,要去嗎"("Handsome, want to go")?!!! wahahaha....


  8. #108
    aRcHeR
    has no status.
    SBF Fazers aRcHeR's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    6,489
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DenverDino View Post
    Hi guys,

    Hope someone can help me to answer this question.

    My friend just bought a 2nd hand street legal exhaust but...the silencer has been modified. So can we still send the bike for inspection? Cos i heard from one of my friend say is ok to send in for inspection and pretend you dont know anything about the silencer has being modify. Hope someone can help me on this....

    Thanks and best regards....
    your friend from LTA? the exhaust most likely will not pass inspection.
    Quote Originally Posted by Naked1 View Post
    Stock is good...Choose your weapon wisely and enjoy it...you can have all the $$$$ to mod and in the end you can't make full use of it....

  9. #109
    IceCub3
    has no status.
    L Plate IceCub3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    21
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi fellow riders,

    I am changing my bike's yoshi endcan with my fren's endcan which is also yoshi.
    May i know if anyone has done similar transfer before and advise how the procedure goes about?

    Can we just go about and do the installation switch from our bikes and then head down to Motorworld for the ownership transfer? Need to go inspection centre or LTA ?

    Pse advise & any reply on this is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

    Regards,
    Icecub3

  10. #110
    dragonforce
    riding old bike
    SBF Lacer dragonforce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    East
    Posts
    8,114
    Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IceCub3 View Post
    Hi fellow riders,

    I am changing my bike's yoshi endcan with my fren's endcan which is also yoshi.
    May i know if anyone has done similar transfer before and advise how the procedure goes about?

    Can we just go about and do the installation switch from our bikes and then head down to Motorworld for the ownership transfer? Need to go inspection centre or LTA ?

    Pse advise & any reply on this is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

    Regards,
    Icecub3
    you still need to go for inspection..
    Quote Originally Posted by motobike-search-engine.co.uk
    Rat bike - A motorcycle not necessarily kept in pristine condition, often painted matt black. Minimal maintenance and mismatched parts often used.

  11. #111
    aRcHeR
    has no status.
    SBF Fazers aRcHeR's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    6,489
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    transfer already, den go for your inspection. your pipe will only be legal when you have the CHOP from STA/VICOM center.
    Quote Originally Posted by Naked1 View Post
    Stock is good...Choose your weapon wisely and enjoy it...you can have all the $$$$ to mod and in the end you can't make full use of it....

     

     
  12. #112
    cupinlas
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Am I right saying now one will broadcast/stream the race?
    And specifically, when will it start?


    __________________
    wwww caisse d epargne fr | La caisse d'epargne | caisse d'epargne

  13. #113
    emarkie_82
    living at blessed town
    Class 2
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,094
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Dear brothers..

    since someone started this thread, i wanted to ask about getting the exhaust pipe from other country (Malaysia / Thailand) for Yamaha X1-R.

    How is the procedure to get the inspection passed?

    as mentioned in page 1,
    i have no problem with these (original receipt / invoice from the shop, logcard & NRIC)

    But i dont think i can get these (documents and foreign certificates provided by the shop & letter from the authorized shop to inform that they indeed performed the installation).

    so far what i understand that the exhaust pipes from there doesnt have any certification.
    For the sound, by installing DB killer (silencer), i have tried it before that it is not that loud even compare with the approved pipes used in singapore like GPR / Yoshimura.

    For emision wise, to my knowledge, as long as the combustion is properly done at the engine,
    meaning to say, as long as there is no modification / replacement in engine parts such as carburator, etc,
    the emision will always be alright. correct me if im wrong.

    Kindly advise me on this.
    Thanks in advance

  14. #114
    zhiyuan
    DR-Z 400SM
    Class 2A zhiyuan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Yew Tee
    Posts
    673
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WawanAprilia View Post
    Guyz gotta ask .. I bought a 2nd hand bike with aftermarket pipe. The pipe certificate states the owner's name , the pipe model and the bike license plate number.. Do i have to change the name to my own name if i were to go to LTA for inspection ??
    that time i also like that.
    when i went for inspection at sin ming, i ask the inspection guy whether need to change name anot, he say no need.

    following that, next year, my annual inspection, i inspect at bukit batok vicom, the guy also nv say anything about the name..
    2006 - 2008 // Honda NSR150SP
    2008 - 2009 // Honda CBR400RRN
    2009 - 2009 // Honda RVF400
    2009 - 2011 // Yamaha X1R

    2011 - 20xx // Suzuki DRZ-400SM

  15. #115
    isousky
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I accept with information:the ex-owner need nt be present, but an ownership transfer is required. transfer of pipe need to be notified to the pipe distributor.
    _______________________
    Credit assurance pret immobilier emprunt banquaire | Comparatif assurance pret immobilier taux credit simulation | Credit assurance pret immobilier

  16. #116
    ninja86
    doesnt need a status
    Class 2A ninja86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    in the shadows..
    Posts
    502
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i wish i was living in the states or UK..no need to worry about getting stop by TP for illegal pipes..haha


    BMW G450X *drooling*

  17. #117
    BelozZ
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    176
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    quite a hassle~
    \M/Live To Rock,Ride To Keep Living\M/

  18. #118
    BelozZ
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    176
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i read the whole thread and it seems quite a hassle..
    i thought of buying pipe from online for my WR,and have LTA check it out..
    so i can't be sure it'll be approved?

    and if i buy it online,it'll sure don't have the pipe registered under our name and all.
    and receipts to show proof i doubt so.
    \M/Live To Rock,Ride To Keep Living\M/

  19. #119
    dragonforce
    riding old bike
    SBF Lacer dragonforce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    East
    Posts
    8,114
    Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    i tried to email lta regarding shipping in an approved exhaust for my bike from overseas, asking them the procedures but so far no reply from them. anyone knows how?
    http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums...d.php?t=108510 saw from this thread post #18 and #23 that the guy bought from overseas and managed to get it approved..
    Quote Originally Posted by motobike-search-engine.co.uk
    Rat bike - A motorcycle not necessarily kept in pristine condition, often painted matt black. Minimal maintenance and mismatched parts often used.

  20. #120
    omnislash_86
    has no status.
    Class 2B omnislash_86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    woodlands
    Posts
    250
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    got a scenario here, let say a certain shop wanna sell me arrow full sys for my rs125, but its without cert, the mech told me they still have yet to receive it or somethin, i believe puttin it on my bike is as good as illegal already, so wat happens in here...? pls enlighten me, thankx...!

  21. #121
    aRcHeR
    has no status.
    SBF Fazers aRcHeR's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    6,489
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dragonforce View Post
    i tried to email lta regarding shipping in an approved exhaust for my bike from overseas, asking them the procedures but so far no reply from them. anyone knows how?
    http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums...d.php?t=108510 saw from this thread post #18 and #23 that the guy bought from overseas and managed to get it approved..
    you need the JMCA or the equivalent certs.. and it may not necessary be approved..

    it's a long and tedious process.. having to run up and down to LTA to get it done..
    Quote Originally Posted by Naked1 View Post
    Stock is good...Choose your weapon wisely and enjoy it...you can have all the $$$$ to mod and in the end you can't make full use of it....

     

     
  22. #122
    aRcHeR
    has no status.
    SBF Fazers aRcHeR's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    6,489
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by omnislash_86 View Post
    got a scenario here, let say a certain shop wanna sell me arrow full sys for my rs125, but its without cert, the mech told me they still have yet to receive it or somethin, i believe puttin it on my bike is as good as illegal already, so wat happens in here...? pls enlighten me, thankx...!
    yet to receive from?

    arrow's distributor is biketech21..

    if it's a street legal set, and you are awaiting for the documents to go for inspection, technically you are quite safe.

    keynote, as long as your set is 100% street legal, you are safe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Naked1 View Post
    Stock is good...Choose your weapon wisely and enjoy it...you can have all the $$$$ to mod and in the end you can't make full use of it....

  23. #123
    dragonforce
    riding old bike
    SBF Lacer dragonforce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    East
    Posts
    8,114
    Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aRcHeR View Post
    you need the JMCA or the equivalent certs.. and it may not necessary be approved..

    it's a long and tedious process.. having to run up and down to LTA to get it done..
    the seller do not have that cert. possible to obtain it from the local distributor? i emailed the local distributor (works performance), no response as well. -.-'
    Quote Originally Posted by motobike-search-engine.co.uk
    Rat bike - A motorcycle not necessarily kept in pristine condition, often painted matt black. Minimal maintenance and mismatched parts often used.

  24. #124
    aRcHeR
    has no status.
    SBF Fazers aRcHeR's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    6,489
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dragonforce View Post
    the seller do not have that cert. possible to obtain it from the local distributor? i emailed the local distributor (works performance), no response as well. -.-'
    most likely local distro wouldn't assist in providing another cert.

    reason being the exhaust is PI-ed.. they take no responsibility for PI-ed items..

    either that, or they charge a high premium for the cert. call them instead of just emailing.

    cheers!
    Quote Originally Posted by Naked1 View Post
    Stock is good...Choose your weapon wisely and enjoy it...you can have all the $$$$ to mod and in the end you can't make full use of it....

  25. #125
    omnislash_86
    has no status.
    Class 2B omnislash_86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    woodlands
    Posts
    250
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aRcHeR View Post
    yet to receive from?

    arrow's distributor is biketech21..

    if it's a street legal set, and you are awaiting for the documents to go for inspection, technically you are quite safe.

    keynote, as long as your set is 100% street legal, you are safe.
    i guess frm biketech den, its a legal set, confirmed...! so ur sayin if i were to buy tis set im quite safe on the streets...?

  26. #126
    zyrofillica
    has no status.
    Class 2 zyrofillica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,428
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aRcHeR View Post
    you need the JMCA or the equivalent certs.. and it may not necessary be approved..

    it's a long and tedious process.. having to run up and down to LTA to get it done..
    where is the test centre in singapore? If i get a relevant cert for an imported system there it is the same as the JMCA right?
    this is not me!

  27. #127
    aRcHeR
    has no status.
    SBF Fazers aRcHeR's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    6,489
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by omnislash_86 View Post
    i guess frm biketech den, its a legal set, confirmed...! so ur sayin if i were to buy tis set im quite safe on the streets...?
    you are only safe if it's a street legal set.
    Quote Originally Posted by Naked1 View Post
    Stock is good...Choose your weapon wisely and enjoy it...you can have all the $$$$ to mod and in the end you can't make full use of it....

  28. #128
    aRcHeR
    has no status.
    SBF Fazers aRcHeR's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    6,489
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zyrofillica View Post
    where is the test centre in singapore? If i get a relevant cert for an imported system there it is the same as the JMCA right?
    is that brand available in SG? if the brand is available in SG, chance are low to get it approved and pass inspection. distributor has to provide you with the necessary in-house documentations before you proceed for inspection.

    if it's not, it's a long process to get it certified.

    IIRC, LTA only recognise 2 types of certs.. look back a few pages to find out.. 1 of them is JMCA..
    Quote Originally Posted by Naked1 View Post
    Stock is good...Choose your weapon wisely and enjoy it...you can have all the $$$$ to mod and in the end you can't make full use of it....

  29. #129
    zyrofillica
    has no status.
    Class 2 zyrofillica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,428
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    "Europe Transportation Ministry certification or the JMCA (for Japan)"

    so any exhaust systems that dun originate from europe and japan is illegal? not possible to get LTA to test pollution and sound levels at their own local testing centres? Are they trying to protect the distributors by limiting variety or are they just retardedly anal?
    this is not me!

  30. #130
    aRcHeR
    has no status.
    SBF Fazers aRcHeR's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    6,489
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    FYI, it's the homologation standard worldwide. LTA do not have the facilities to do the in-depth testings..
    Quote Originally Posted by Naked1 View Post
    Stock is good...Choose your weapon wisely and enjoy it...you can have all the $$$$ to mod and in the end you can't make full use of it....

  31. #131
    zyrofillica
    has no status.
    Class 2 zyrofillica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,428
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    oh darn it. no hope then. have to play hide and seek with ROV.
    this is not me!

     

     
  32. #132
    Tyrian
    has no status.
    SBF Lacer Tyrian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    5,332
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi Everyone.

    Just wanna share my experience from my recent exhaust pipe inspection

    Recently, I have the luxury of buying a Leo Vince full system for my Wonda Wave X

    I had it installed on a monday. Went to Vicom Yishun on a wednesday and was rejected. Reason given was my VACC number was wrong. I called up the my motorshop and was informed that Vicom Sin Ming would be a better choice.

    Hence, i went down on the friday to have my exhaust pipe inspected. These are the documents that you would need

    1) Invoice from Bike shop that you bought the pipe from
    2) I/C
    3) G-Max certification (LV's distributor)
    4) Exhaust pipe diagram
    5) Letter of authorisation (if you are not the owner of the bike and u asked someone else to do it for you)

    Note: Alternatively, the bike shop would have given you some documents and will state that these documents are necessary for the inspection of your exhaust pipe.

    The whole process took about 1.5 hours (including the downtime of the computer)

    Cost of inspection $78.11 (includes 7% GST)

    Note: Regarding the VACC number, it seems to be that Vicom Yishun's inspectors does not know what they are doing.
    05.04 - 08.04: Honda Wave S (FV)
    08.04 - 05.09: Honda Version S (FP)
    09.08 - 08.10: Honda ESi 4dr (SBV)
    04.11 - 02.12: Ducati 749 (FY)
    05.09 - 07.14: Honda Wave X (FBD)
    07.14 - 09.15: Yamaha Tmax 530 (FBH)
    11.13 - 09.15: Honda City (SGA)

    09.15 - Current: Honda Jazz (SKV)

  33. #133
    eRr0r
    has no status.
    Class 2A eRr0r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    720
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    hey guys, i have a question.

    what if i buy a second hand bike from a seller that has a aftermarket exhaust on his bike.

    lets say he had already done all the inspection and the pipe is legal under his name. So do i still have to any transfer? like maybe change the pipe owner's name to mine or do another inspection ?

    thanks in advance!
    NSR 150 SP: 07 April 2009 - 22 January 2010
    Yamaha X1R: 03 April 2010 - Present

  34. #134
    kaifrez
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    101
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi guys

    Just curious i had my leo vince exhaust installed to mygilera st200 on 25th feb and however, i have to wait for my pay for the inspection as now quite broke leh and its almost been a mth. Do u think my exhaust will pass the inspection although its been 1 mth? Thanks.

  35. #135
    aRcHeR
    has no status.
    SBF Fazers aRcHeR's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    6,489
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    you have to go for inspection no matter what.

    if not you risk a fine from LTA/TP should you be caught, even though it's a legal exhaust..
    Quote Originally Posted by Naked1 View Post
    Stock is good...Choose your weapon wisely and enjoy it...you can have all the $$$$ to mod and in the end you can't make full use of it....

  36. #136
    kaifrez
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    101
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aRcHeR View Post
    you have to go for inspection no matter what.

    if not you risk a fine from LTA/TP should you be caught, even though it's a legal exhaust..
    Thanks bro.. Will get the inspection asap. CHeers.

  37. #137
    eRr0r
    has no status.
    Class 2A eRr0r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    720
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eRr0r View Post
    hey guys, i have a question.

    what if i buy a second hand bike from a seller that has a aftermarket exhaust on his bike.

    lets say he had already done all the inspection and the pipe is legal under his name. So do i still have to any transfer? like maybe change the pipe owner's name to mine or do another inspection ?

    thanks in advance!
    any one can answer to my question ?
    NSR 150 SP: 07 April 2009 - 22 January 2010
    Yamaha X1R: 03 April 2010 - Present

  38. #138
    ploder
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    157
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by eRr0r View Post
    any one can answer to my question ?
    Hi bro, so long as pipe is nt under ur name, u can be fine for illegal pipe which now is $700? Idk. Anyway, U nid to transfer name which is $25 and inspection $78.11. Which cost lesser than the fine hehe.

  39. #139
    kaifrez
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    101
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kaifrez View Post
    Thanks bro.. Will get the inspection asap. CHeers.
    YEAH just went for my LV pipe inspection and passed. Finally straight away after pay day ha-ha. The process is very fast n the tester is really a nice fellow. Cheers.

  40. #140
    aRcHeR
    has no status.
    SBF Fazers aRcHeR's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    6,489
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ploder View Post
    Hi bro, so long as pipe is nt under ur name, u can be fine for illegal pipe which now is $700? Idk. Anyway, U nid to transfer name which is $25 and inspection $78.11. Which cost lesser than the fine hehe.
    exhaust legality and ownership are 2 different things.

    so far, haven't heard of riders getting fined for pipe not under his/her name.

    but we have heard of riders getting fined for illegal exhaust.

    ownership transfer cost varies from brand to brand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Naked1 View Post
    Stock is good...Choose your weapon wisely and enjoy it...you can have all the $$$$ to mod and in the end you can't make full use of it....

  41. #141
    eRr0r
    has no status.
    Class 2A eRr0r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    720
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aRcHeR View Post
    exhaust legality and ownership are 2 different things.

    so far, haven't heard of riders getting fined for pipe not under his/her name.

    but we have heard of riders getting fined for illegal exhaust.

    ownership transfer cost varies from brand to brand.
    hmmm, so the answer for my question is ??

    so i dont need to do any any more inspection since the previous owner have already done it on the bike ? and also i dont need to do the transfer ownership of the pipe to my name ?

    if lidat, then i no need to do anything right ?
    NSR 150 SP: 07 April 2009 - 22 January 2010
    Yamaha X1R: 03 April 2010 - Present

     

     
  42. #142
    aRcHeR
    has no status.
    SBF Fazers aRcHeR's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    6,489
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eRr0r View Post
    hmmm, so the answer for my question is ??

    so i dont need to do any any more inspection since the previous owner have already done it on the bike ? and also i dont need to do the transfer ownership of the pipe to my name ?

    if lidat, then i no need to do anything right ?
    for formality purpose, you still need to do a transfer with the dealers.

    by the way, are you saying that your current bike already comes with the bike when you bought it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Naked1 View Post
    Stock is good...Choose your weapon wisely and enjoy it...you can have all the $$$$ to mod and in the end you can't make full use of it....

  43. #143
    eRr0r
    has no status.
    Class 2A eRr0r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    720
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    yea, the bike alr comes with a aftermarket pipe that has the previous owner's name and he had already done the inspection.

    so i will just need to do the transfer ownership of the pipe ONLY and need not care about the inspection as it had already been done ? am i right to say that ?
    NSR 150 SP: 07 April 2009 - 22 January 2010
    Yamaha X1R: 03 April 2010 - Present

  44. #144
    Fad
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    274
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Question: Is there maximum time lapse before going to inspection since the date of installing the new exhaust system? For example if i install my exhaust tomorrow, but only go for inspection next month, any issue?
    Thanks.

  45. #145
    WaRRioR83
    has no status.
    TeePee WaRRioR83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,900
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Guys wan to ask a noob qus, now still got log card meh? what if i dun have? cos if i not wrong log card now all in data form in the net right?

    correct me if i wrong, cos next wed i going to fix my LV pipe on my bike liao, so need to know what to do for inspection
    Honda NSR SP150- FP 564* Z - Since 26 Sep 07 - 09 june 09
    Suzuki GSR 400- FBB 753* K -Since 03/ 06 / 09 - 11/03/11
    Yamaha R1 08- FBC 19** T - till 00 Apr 2012
    kawasaki Versys 650

  46. #146
    KerplunkZ
    Loves Greenday.
    Class 2 KerplunkZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,057
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fad View Post
    Question: Is there maximum time lapse before going to inspection since the date of installing the new exhaust system? For example if i install my exhaust tomorrow, but only go for inspection next month, any issue?
    Thanks.
    need to go inspection in 24hrs


    Sorry if i ride too fast
    , Im ALWAYS LATE.

  47. #147
    kinwei
    says Buang bike ride faster!
    TeePee kinwei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    East Side
    Posts
    3,969
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eRr0r View Post
    yea, the bike alr comes with a aftermarket pipe that has the previous owner's name and he had already done the inspection.

    so i will just need to do the transfer ownership of the pipe ONLY and need not care about the inspection as it had already been done ? am i right to say that ?
    Since you still need to go do the transfer of ownership at the shop, maybe you can ask the boss? Or the best is call LTA if no one can answer your question accurately. But based on my knowledge, the exhaust is tagged to your BIKE and the OWNER. I will think you still need to go inspection so that LTA website can update their database saying you are the owner.

    Once you know the answer, maybe you can post it up here so that we can learn also.

  48. #148
    kinwei
    says Buang bike ride faster!
    TeePee kinwei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    East Side
    Posts
    3,969
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WaRRioR83 View Post
    Guys wan to ask a noob qus, now still got log card meh? what if i dun have? cos if i not wrong log card now all in data form in the net right?

    correct me if i wrong, cos next wed i going to fix my LV pipe on my bike liao, so need to know what to do for inspection
    No more physical log card. You can print the log detail at one motoring website. Click >click me<. You will need your Singpass ID and password to log in. But it is provided the vehicle is under your name then you can get the details inside.

    When you go fixed the pipe, the shop will give you the following,

    1) A letter which you need to fill up. This letter is to o give LTA upon inspection. With that letter, LTA will then inspect your bike.

    2) There will be some more documents given to you by the shop, bring it all there. These documents will prove your exhaust is conformed to whatever international standard and serial number is in it. A blownup diagram is also included. For LV, it should be in a form of a booklet.

    3) Tax invoice. You will also need to produce the invoice to the LTA for prove of purchase. Meaning not stolen.

    With all these and pipe installed, just ride to the nearest Vicom or STA for inspection.

  49. #149
    aRcHeR
    has no status.
    SBF Fazers aRcHeR's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    6,489
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KerplunkZ View Post
    need to go inspection in 24hrs
    it's a grey area.. there's no specific timeframe to go for inspection, but most will go for the inspection within a week to clear all the paperworks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Naked1 View Post
    Stock is good...Choose your weapon wisely and enjoy it...you can have all the $$$$ to mod and in the end you can't make full use of it....

  50. #150
    aRcHeR
    has no status.
    SBF Fazers aRcHeR's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    6,489
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kinwei View Post
    2) There will be some more documents given to you by the shop, bring it all there. These documents will prove your exhaust is conformed to whatever international standard and serial number is in it. A blownup diagram is also included. For LV, it should be in a form of a booklet.
    the blownup diagram not applicable for every brand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Naked1 View Post
    Stock is good...Choose your weapon wisely and enjoy it...you can have all the $$$$ to mod and in the end you can't make full use of it....

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •