User Tag List

Page 199 of 199 FirstFirst ... 99149189195196197198199
Results 9,901 to 9,945 of 9945

Thread: [Discussion] CB400 SUPER FOUR HYPER VTEC Revo

  1. #9901
    haoKR
    is a slow rider..
    SBF Lacer haoKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    6,284
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by chriszzz View Post
    Maybe he means newer models in the 400cc category, like the 400F, 400X and CBR400, which are 2 cylinder 400cc bikes.
    haha, maybe?


    Ride Defensively; always.

    Class BB2BDC - 11AUG2010
    Kawasaki KIPS -> 2010 ~ 2014
    Aprilia RS125(09) -> 2014 ~ 2017
    Class BB2ADC - NOV2016
    Suzuki DRZ -> 2017 ~ 2018
    Honda Revo -> 2018 ~

  2. #9902
    haoKR
    is a slow rider..
    SBF Lacer haoKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    6,284
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Wonder why super4 is still hanging at such a sky-rocket price, even with all those new 400cc otr.. A Revo is around 22-23k man, faint..


    Ride Defensively; always.

    Class BB2BDC - 11AUG2010
    Kawasaki KIPS -> 2010 ~ 2014
    Aprilia RS125(09) -> 2014 ~ 2017
    Class BB2ADC - NOV2016
    Suzuki DRZ -> 2017 ~ 2018
    Honda Revo -> 2018 ~

     

     
  3. #9903
    gatrongz
    has no status.
    L Plate gatrongz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hanoi, Vietnam
    Posts
    39
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hello, Pls help me ! Anyone got the microfiche of revo.
    The ecu was dead. I found that link by part number:
    http://www.parts-sale.jp/HONDA%20387...ch=38770MFM702
    But could not find ignition key part #.
    As i know, there is an H.I.S.S on ignition key & ecu.
    Do we need a key with that ecu or its just the blank ecu ? Please advice.
    Ride safe,
    RIDE SAFE ! MAN....

  4. #9904
    simeone82
    has no status.
    Class 2B simeone82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Macpherson
    Posts
    387
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It is so much expensive and the best thing is no stock in Singapore yet...
    Class 2a is the most squeeze them more money bikes..

  5. #9905
    Skuzz
    has no status.
    P Plate Skuzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    79
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gatrongz View Post
    Hello, Pls help me ! Anyone got the microfiche of revo.
    The ecu was dead. I found that link by part number:
    http://www.parts-sale.jp/HONDA%20387...ch=38770MFM702
    But could not find ignition key part #.
    As i know, there is an H.I.S.S on ignition key & ecu.
    Do we need a key with that ecu or its just the blank ecu ? Please advice.
    Ride safe,
    ECU will need to be odered complete with ignition key/lock as a set. Without a pre-registered key the ECU will not work, ask the dealer. I'd try to find a used one at a motorcycle breakers but make sure it has the key and locks with it as they are a matched set.
    Honda CB400ABS Revo 2012
    Honda CB400F 1976

  6. #9906
    boi_17
    <-- I am a rider nt a racer -->
    P Plate boi_17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    142
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi guys,
    I need your advice here.

    I am riding my Spec 3 for 2 yrs now. Its a second hand bike. Reaching its 12-13yr old now. Mileage is at 180 000+ km.
    I understand its old and used. Its been serving me very well..
    I had issues with my bike and replaced my water pump and magnetic coil before.

    Recently started to hear light chain rattling sound. Its coming from my engine area.
    Its not loud but it could be heard if you listen attentively. At times it cannot be heard.
    I usually hear it when come to stop at traffic junction.
    Mechanic advised to engine down given the high mileage. Mech suspected it could be the cam chain tensioner worn out.
    Mech said its adviced to engine down around 100000km mark to replace worn out engine parts.
    He said he cant confirm exactly without engine down what is the exact problem causing it.
    He did suggest to take cheaper method of replacing the CCT (which was quoted $100) but of course cannot guarantee problem to disappear.

    Engine down was quoted about $1000++. (Big amount for me)

    any advice ?
    I am still riding my bike, will continuing to ride further damage/affect my engine ?
    I am not a racer. I am a rider.

  7. #9907
    gatrongz
    has no status.
    L Plate gatrongz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hanoi, Vietnam
    Posts
    39
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skuzz View Post
    ECU will need to be odered complete with ignition key/lock as a set. Without a pre-registered key the ECU will not work, ask the dealer. I'd try to find a used one at a motorcycle breakers but make sure it has the key and locks with it as they are a matched set.
    Thanks, man.
    Do you know any dealers that sell Revo oem parts ?
    Last edited by gatrongz; 14-12-2016 at 10:19 PM.
    RIDE SAFE ! MAN....

  8. #9908
    gatrongz
    has no status.
    L Plate gatrongz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hanoi, Vietnam
    Posts
    39
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by boi_17 View Post
    Hi guys,
    I need your advice here.

    I am riding my Spec 3 for 2 yrs now. Its a second hand bike. Reaching its 12-13yr old now. Mileage is at 180 000+ km.
    I understand its old and used. Its been serving me very well..
    I had issues with my bike and replaced my water pump and magnetic coil before.

    Recently started to hear light chain rattling sound. Its coming from my engine area.
    Its not loud but it could be heard if you listen attentively. At times it cannot be heard.
    I usually hear it when come to stop at traffic junction.
    Mechanic advised to engine down given the high mileage. Mech suspected it could be the cam chain tensioner worn out.
    Mech said its adviced to engine down around 100000km mark to replace worn out engine parts.
    He said he cant confirm exactly without engine down what is the exact problem causing it.
    He did suggest to take cheaper method of replacing the CCT (which was quoted $100) but of course cannot guarantee problem to disappear.

    Engine down was quoted about $1000++. (Big amount for me)

    any advice ?
    I am still riding my bike, will continuing to ride further damage/affect my engine ?
    Replace Cam chain tensioner and cam chain first - From my experience on ex CBR 954.
    RIDE SAFE ! MAN....

  9. #9909
    Burnout69
    is BAcK!
    SBF CB400s Burnout69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    454
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drifter2013 View Post
    Dear All,
    Anyone interested all about REVO in PDF, pls PM;
    1) Workshop Service & Repair Manual.
    2) Owner Manual.
    3) Electrical Wiring.
    4) Parts Listing.
    Hi bro, I've pm you. Is it still available?

    Any bros care to share the manuals? Pleassseeeeeee
    Last edited by Burnout69; 17-01-2017 at 04:18 PM.
    Lets just Ride & Have FUN!!!

  10. #9910
    boi_17
    <-- I am a rider nt a racer -->
    P Plate boi_17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    142
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have replaced my timing chain and replaced cam chain tensioner.
    Seems like chain was worn-ing out.

    But strangely i am still able to hear the rattling sound.
    Mech said most probably the rattling is caused by the shims.
    He adviced me to user a thicker engine oil to reduce the sound. His logic is that thicker engine oil will fill in the gap between the shims and
    reduce the shim movement therefore sound will reduce.

    I am rather unconvinced. i already spend alot to change chain might as well i fix the shim too right ?
    Should i just do a valve clearance and check the shims balancing ? rough est cost ?
    Will riding with "loose" shim effect bike ?
    Senior riders please advice.
    I am not a racer. I am a rider.

  11. #9911
    Skuzz
    has no status.
    P Plate Skuzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    79
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by boi_17 View Post
    I have replaced my timing chain and replaced cam chain tensioner.
    Seems like chain was worn-ing out.

    But strangely i am still able to hear the rattling sound.
    Mech said most probably the rattling is caused by the shims.
    He adviced me to user a thicker engine oil to reduce the sound. His logic is that thicker engine oil will fill in the gap between the shims and
    reduce the shim movement therefore sound will reduce.

    I am rather unconvinced. i already spend alot to change chain might as well i fix the shim too right ?
    Should i just do a valve clearance and check the shims balancing ? rough est cost ?
    Will riding with "loose" shim effect bike ?
    Senior riders please advice.
    Does the bike have V-Tec?
    Honda CB400ABS Revo 2012
    Honda CB400F 1976

     

     
  12. #9912
    boi_17
    <-- I am a rider nt a racer -->
    P Plate boi_17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    142
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skuzz View Post
    Does the bike have V-Tec?
    Yes, superfour Spec 3.
    I am not a racer. I am a rider.

  13. #9913
    Skuzz
    has no status.
    P Plate Skuzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    79
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by boi_17 View Post
    Yes, superfour Spec 3.
    Valve service can be expensive as it is quite time consuming. Expect to pay around $350 for this. I would get a second opinion, it could still be cam chain rattle, the tensioner adjuster could be siezed?
    Honda CB400ABS Revo 2012
    Honda CB400F 1976

  14. #9914
    iMustik
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    179
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Anyone ever change ur ignition set? My bike will suddenly switch off while riding... haf to fiddle the keys to find the 'sweet spot' to on the engine 😭😭... how much the dmg?

    Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

  15. #9915
    Skuzz
    has no status.
    P Plate Skuzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    79
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iMustik View Post
    Anyone ever change ur ignition set? My bike will suddenly switch off while riding... haf to fiddle the keys to find the 'sweet spot' to on the engine 😭😭... how much the dmg?

    Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk
    About $90 + labour - if it's just the switch at the base of the lock
    Honda CB400ABS Revo 2012
    Honda CB400F 1976

  16. #9916
    W17
    has no status.
    P Plate W17's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Jurong West / JB
    Posts
    194
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default 1st Inspection for REVO

    Dear All,
    When will be the 1st inspection for new revo ?
    3rd yr or 4th yr. So confusing.
    Jun90-EX5, July94-K1, Aug98-Kriss1, Aug05-Wave125, Apr07-TA200, Jun08-Spec3, Feb09-REVO, Nov11-CBR250R, Jan14-CBR400R.

  17. #9917
    YEN96
    has no status.
    SBF Lacer YEN96's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Mapputatsuni hiki sakuwayo ราชอาณาจักรไทย
    Posts
    5,982
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Car bike Insurance lobang!!! Can try get Terence watsapp or call 9362 3352 to quote for U. Cheap & good. Cars bikes also can
    KAWASAKI KIPS F* XX *
    KAWASAKI ZX-10R FY3946Z (26 Oct 07 - 23 Jan 10)
    YAMAHA RD350LC FS4160Z
    1996 Honda Civic SiR EK4
    1993 Honda Civic Vti EG6 SBZ2065P 1993 Honda Civic Vti EG9 SBX9073E 2002 MB E200 SDT6931X
    1991 MB 200E SBT2703M
    1986 MB 280SE EZ8138M 1992 Toyota Cressida SBU1756L
    1992 MB 280SE SBU6143Y

  18. #9918
    sllhy
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    korea
    Posts
    2
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Question

    problem solved,
    thanks. anyways
    Last edited by sllhy; 24-03-2017 at 11:39 AM.

  19. #9919
    ossey86
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Newcastle Australia
    Posts
    4
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi all
    I want to upgrade my bike to use LED indicator lights and get rid of the old bulbs.
    However, it seems that it would be much better to replace the turn signal relay rather than cutting into the indicator wiring and using resistors. To me using the resistors defeats the main purpose of changing to LED. Because resistors replicate the draw on the battery (bring the draw back up to 21W) to be the same as the old lights what is the benefit? No power savings at all!

    Anyway that's my thoughts, but my problem is - can anyone tell me where the indicator (turn signal) relay is located on 2011 CB400?
    I can't find the little sucker anywhere! The electrical diagram shows it in the rear of the bike - but it isn't there as far as I can tell.
    Any help would be appreciated.

  20. #9920
    Skuzz
    has no status.
    P Plate Skuzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    79
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ossey86 View Post
    Hi all
    I want to upgrade my bike to use LED indicator lights and get rid of the old bulbs.
    However, it seems that it would be much better to replace the turn signal relay rather than cutting into the indicator wiring and using resistors. To me using the resistors defeats the main purpose of changing to LED. Because resistors replicate the draw on the battery (bring the draw back up to 21W) to be the same as the old lights what is the benefit? No power savings at all!

    Anyway that's my thoughts, but my problem is - can anyone tell me where the indicator (turn signal) relay is located on 2011 CB400?
    I can't find the little sucker anywhere! The electrical diagram shows it in the rear of the bike - but it isn't there as far as I can tell.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Righthand side panel on CB400. Under battery box on CB400A/SA
    400.jpg400a.jpg
    Honda CB400ABS Revo 2012
    Honda CB400F 1976

  21. #9921
    zliang
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    11
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi guys,

    I just bought a second hand Revo, bike is in good condition. But i noticed that the rear mudguard/tail (the part that the license plate attaches to) is shaky, almost like it is not secured properly to the bike. I am not familiar with the bike, so have not tried dismantling the tail area to check. Any advice?

    Thanks,

     

     
  22. #9922
    zliang
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    11
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zliang View Post
    Hi guys,

    I just bought a second hand Revo, bike is in good condition. But i noticed that the rear mudguard/tail (the part that the license plate attaches to) is shaky, almost like it is not secured properly to the bike. I am not familiar with the bike, so have not tried dismantling the tail area to check. Any advice?

    Thanks,
    Or does anybody has the workshop manuals to share? Thanks!

  23. #9923
    Rafif
    has no status.
    L Plate Rafif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    2
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Anyone Selling CB400 Super Four Revo Coe dying pls whatsapp me 93497258.

    Thanks

    Sent from my MI 4W using Tapatalk

  24. #9924
    Xyphriel
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    East
    Posts
    65
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Anyone of you keen to swap out your rusty or jammed petrol tank caps can message/whatsapp me at 91901007 to enquire!

  25. #9925
    RAO
    has no status.
    Class 2B RAO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    West
    Posts
    381
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Anybody know where I can sell a stock REVO exhaust system? Was from a FBD plate.

  26. #9926
    AhXian90
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Whampoa Rd
    Posts
    98
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi every1 just gotten myself a Revo -ABS. Liking this bike, 1st evening clocked almost 100km liao; but its freaking hot

    Does any1 has the owner manual for this newer ver REVO 2015 onwards(wif the gear indicator) to share; as my is PI bike all in jap,
    would like to learn more on the bike during this running in phase. Thanks

  27. #9927
    rasboi
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Choa Chu Kang
    Posts
    2
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi guys. I just bought a cb400 spec 1. Wanna clean my carb and do a valve clearance. Any shops to recommend ?

  28. #9928
    pndamnm
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    4
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi gents! I'm looking to upgrade to a new Super 4 Revo but I do have some concerns. Most probably will own it for the long run. Would you guys recommend it still? I'm looking at some of the FC numbers and it's making me think twice...

  29. #9929
    Hoonth
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    10
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Dear all.
    I just got a 2nd hand revo. I never ride a vtec bike before. I got a question. How do I know my vtec is open up? Cause I know revo is a bit different from spec1 to 3. Revo is partially open from 1st to 5th gear and wide open at 6th gear. All my friend that own SF4 told me that there is sound change when vtec is open. But I seriously don't hear a sudden change in sound. I only notice that the bike is keep pulling away fast when RPM is 7000-8000 RPM. BTW, my is stock pipe. Speed is going fast so does the RPM.
    Can any one advise is my vtec gone or the revo is like that?
    Thank you.

  30. #9930
    Skuzz
    has no status.
    P Plate Skuzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    79
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoonth View Post
    Dear all.
    I just got a 2nd hand revo. I never ride a vtec bike before. I got a question. How do I know my vtec is open up? Cause I know revo is a bit different from spec1 to 3. Revo is partially open from 1st to 5th gear and wide open at 6th gear. All my friend that own SF4 told me that there is sound change when vtec is open. But I seriously don't hear a sudden change in sound. I only notice that the bike is keep pulling away fast when RPM is 7000-8000 RPM. BTW, my is stock pipe. Speed is going fast so does the RPM.
    Can any one advise is my vtec gone or the revo is like that?
    Thank you.
    I think your bike is OK. VTEC operates all four valves at 6,300RPM in gears 1st to 5th and 6,750RPM in 6th gear. I'm like you and don't notice the sound change, just the screaming of the engine as the rev's rise. One thing you will notice when using VTEC a lot is high fuel consumption.
    Good choice for a bike, I really like mine.
    P.S. this forum seems to have lost all its members for some reason?
    Honda CB400ABS Revo 2012
    Honda CB400F 1976

  31. #9931
    Hoonth
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    10
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Thanks skuzz. Really nice bike. Just that the engine is a bit hot. Still try to get use to it.

     

     
  32. #9932
    PrinceLuh
    is finding an opponent for a race!
    P Plate PrinceLuh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    83
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skuzz View Post
    I think your bike is OK. VTEC operates all four valves at 6,300RPM in gears 1st to 5th and 6,750RPM in 6th gear. I'm like you and don't notice the sound change, just the screaming of the engine as the rev's rise. One thing you will notice when using VTEC a lot is high fuel consumption.
    Good choice for a bike, I really like mine.
    P.S. this forum seems to have lost all its members for some reason?
    Hello. I recently got a problem with my 2011 revo (BlackEngine).

    My spark plug misifres when aceelerating and when cold starting.

    At one point, it misfires permenantly. I changed my sparkplugs, thinking it was just sparkplug worn off.
    Everything is back to normal.

    Then 1 week later, my motorcycle misfires on and off. Sometime ok sometime misfires. Really annoying.

    My RPM also very low now,
    (Example) Im at traffic light, when i clutch in and rev, it goes up normally, but goes down to rpm 1.1 like that and returns to 1.4 slowly in 5-8 seconds.
    Really paiseh when half clutch and misfires again to move off. Sounds like Ninja 250!!

    I tried disabling my quickshifter, took out red rev, zero my PC5. It still misfires sometimes. Getting annoying!

    Please help me, as i dont know what to do!! Really stressed.

    My number is 98630469 if you want i can whatsapp you the misfire video.

    Things on my bike
    Red Rev
    PC5
    ECU Reflash @ Racewerks
    Quickshifter




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    Hard to Jackpot!

  33. #9933
    Ah Pek
    has no status.
    SBF Lacer Ah Pek's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Hougang/Serangoon North/ AMK
    Posts
    6,705
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceLuh View Post
    Hello. I recently got a problem with my 2011 revo (BlackEngine).

    My spark plug misifres when aceelerating and when cold starting.

    At one point, it misfires permenantly. I changed my sparkplugs, thinking it was just sparkplug worn off.
    Everything is back to normal.

    Then 1 week later, my motorcycle misfires on and off. Sometime ok sometime misfires. Really annoying.

    My RPM also very low now,
    (Example) Im at traffic light, when i clutch in and rev, it goes up normally, but goes down to rpm 1.1 like that and returns to 1.4 slowly in 5-8 seconds.
    Really paiseh when half clutch and misfires again to move off. Sounds like Ninja 250!!

    I tried disabling my quickshifter, took out red rev, zero my PC5. It still misfires sometimes. Getting annoying!

    Please help me, as i dont know what to do!! Really stressed.

    My number is 98630469 if you want i can whatsapp you the misfire video.

    Things on my bike
    Red Rev
    PC5
    ECU Reflash @ Racewerks
    Quickshifter




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Several things can cause a motorcycle to misfire but one of the most common causes is a cracked spark plug cap or wire. If your plug cap have hairline fractures that are so small you can't even see. If you run your bike at night sometimes you can see the electricity jumping to ground and in the rain this problem is generally worse because crusty old seals tend to let water in. Try squeezing on the rubber of the seals and see if they have small cracks, if they do, it is time to change them. Good luck.
    Stupid Hurts!.Speed doesn't kill, mistakes does
    BEER!...it's cheaper than fuel now! DRINK!..DON'T RIDE!

  34. #9934
    PrinceLuh
    is finding an opponent for a race!
    P Plate PrinceLuh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    83
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ah Pek View Post
    Several things can cause a motorcycle to misfire but one of the most common causes is a cracked spark plug cap or wire. If your plug cap have hairline fractures that are so small you can't even see. If you run your bike at night sometimes you can see the electricity jumping to ground and in the rain this problem is generally worse because crusty old seals tend to let water in. Try squeezing on the rubber of the seals and see if they have small cracks, if they do, it is time to change them. Good luck.
    Okay will check that out! Thanks!!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    Hard to Jackpot!

  35. #9935
    venom_666
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    52
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chriszzz View Post
    Maybe he means newer models in the 400cc category, like the 400F, 400X and CBR400, which are 2 cylinder 400cc bikes.
    seem like honda is phasing out the inline four ?

  36. #9936
    JbAtRaCeR
    kena labelled SG- KL Express...
    TeePee JbAtRaCeR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Center of Singapore
    Posts
    3,038
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi guys..its been a long time since i log on into sbf...use to ride a vtec3...sold it off in 2009 and riding a honda blackbird till now...

    Need some info on super 4 revo wheel bearing number is it 6004 2RS 2pcs for the front and for the rear whats the number?..

    One more thing anyone got info in how much the output of the charging coil for super 4 revo?...how much ACV at 5000rpm?...

    Sent from my SM-A800I using Tapatalk


    "Irreplaceable"

  37. #9937
    ch0002se
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    3
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi all,

    I'm quite a motorbike newbie and need some advice. I really like the CB400 Revo but find it quite expensive. Recently, I've come across a shop selling the brand new bike at a much lower price than I expected. Is there something I need to watch out for? Or am I just lucky they really selling it cheap (maybe old stock clearance?)

    Thanks in advance for any advice.

  38. #9938
    Ah Pek
    has no status.
    SBF Lacer Ah Pek's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Hougang/Serangoon North/ AMK
    Posts
    6,705
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ch0002se View Post
    Hi all,

    I'm quite a motorbike newbie and need some advice. I really like the CB400 Revo but find it quite expensive. Recently, I've come across a shop selling the brand new bike at a much lower price than I expected. Is there something I need to watch out for? Or am I just lucky they really selling it cheap (maybe old stock clearance?)

    Thanks in advance for any advice.
    I think COE from 6K+ gone down to 5K.
    Stupid Hurts!.Speed doesn't kill, mistakes does
    BEER!...it's cheaper than fuel now! DRINK!..DON'T RIDE!

  39. #9939
    Ah Pek
    has no status.
    SBF Lacer Ah Pek's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Hougang/Serangoon North/ AMK
    Posts
    6,705
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JbAtRaCeR View Post
    Hi guys..its been a long time since i log on into sbf...use to ride a vtec3...sold it off in 2009 and riding a honda blackbird till now...

    Need some info on super 4 revo wheel bearing number is it 6004 2RS 2pcs for the front and for the rear whats the number?..

    One more thing anyone got info in how much the output of the charging coil for super 4 revo?...how much ACV at 5000rpm?...

    Sent from my SM-A800I using Tapatalk
    14.2 VDC at 1.3k - 2K rpm
    Stupid Hurts!.Speed doesn't kill, mistakes does
    BEER!...it's cheaper than fuel now! DRINK!..DON'T RIDE!

  40. #9940
    dicky_boy
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    21
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    hi guys, wish to get some inputs from all revos riders out here. Recently, i bought a 2nd hand revo, registered 2011. Still have a good 4 years left on COE. I am now on my 3rd tank, and wow, the FC is really bad. I'm getting avg of 220 km for 13 litres....17km/litre....!!!?? Driving mostly 90km/hr, occassionally vtec open,city 70%, expressway 30%. Its very very bad compared to my previous version S ( 23km/litre ). What could be the problem with the revo? Tuning wise? The revo comes with gpr muffler though and power of the revo is superb.
    Thanks in advance for the reply

  41. #9941
    Skuzz
    has no status.
    P Plate Skuzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    79
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dicky_boy View Post
    hi guys, wish to get some inputs from all revos riders out here. Recently, i bought a 2nd hand revo, registered 2011. Still have a good 4 years left on COE. I am now on my 3rd tank, and wow, the FC is really bad. I'm getting avg of 220 km for 13 litres....17km/litre....!!!?? Driving mostly 90km/hr, occassionally vtec open,city 70%, expressway 30%. Its very very bad compared to my previous version S ( 23km/litre ). What could be the problem with the revo? Tuning wise? The revo comes with gpr muffler though and power of the revo is superb.
    Thanks in advance for the reply
    Check sprockets are standard, 15T front and 44T rear. I run 16T front and 40T rear, it really helps with fuel consumption. From a drag start at the lights of course it is a bit slower 0-100kph
    Or maybe the air filter is dirty?
    Big improvements are usually down to the rider. A heavy right hand drinks fuel. Try riding more smoothly and shifting gear sooner. Less fun but you may live longer
    Last edited by Skuzz; 29-09-2017 at 05:04 PM.
    Honda CB400ABS Revo 2012
    Honda CB400F 1976

     

     
  42. #9942
    thedeath0212
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi, I want to buy a Dynojet PC5 kit for CB400 Revo 2008. Where can I buy it?

  43. #9943
    Begonez
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    2
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi guys im new here. May I ask if cb400 revo abs Is it the same vtec as spec 3?
    Does it has vtec ?

  44. #9944
    Skuzz
    has no status.
    P Plate Skuzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    79
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Begonez View Post
    Hi guys im new here. May I ask if cb400 revo abs Is it the same vtec as spec 3?
    Does it has vtec ?
    Yes, the Revo has VTEC the same as spec 3. The only things Honda added to the engine was a catalytic converter & fuel injection. I think the VTEC is active at slightly different RPM's
    Honda CB400ABS Revo 2012
    Honda CB400F 1976

  45. #9945
    dicky_boy
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    21
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Thanks skuzz. Will check on those items when doing my next servicing soon

Page 199 of 199 FirstFirst ... 99149189195196197198199

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •