User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 51 to 67 of 67

Thread: How Are Used Cars Valued?

  1. #51
    GoSlow
    has no status.
    Class 2B GoSlow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    265
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default



    jia_yvon, all your replies already show what kind of person you are. be it virtual or real life, your personality shows it all. as mentioned, gd luck to you.

    my discussions end here

  2. #52
    jia_yvon
    has no status.
    SBF Lacer jia_yvon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Singapore Bedok
    Posts
    6,330
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoSlow View Post
    How to become a successful sales person?
    wats ur defination of a good salesman then?

    a good salesman is someone who can offer throttle a price which throttle feel tt he wont lose so much by selling his bmw to? n this makes the thread become more meaningful? is this a good salesman? oh f u man.. then i can tell u dude, u ask sg best best salesman come, he cant offer throttle a good price then coz the problem is throttle 's asking price is too high. imagine u r the boss of a car dealer, is this kinda good salesman u r seeking for ? LAUGH OUT LOUDDDDDDDD

    1st of all, im not a salesman b ut nvm , share with us, in ur point of view, wat is a good salesman?
    Last edited by jia_yvon; 02-03-2008 at 01:12 PM.


    Quote Originally Posted by newbie View Post
    dats y. i computer hero

     

     
  3. #53
    jia_yvon
    has no status.
    SBF Lacer jia_yvon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Singapore Bedok
    Posts
    6,330
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoSlow View Post
    jia_yvon, all your replies already show what kind of person you are. be it virtual or real life, your personality shows it all. as mentioned, gd luck to you.

    my discussions end here
    usually a person have 2 side, at hm he can be a puppet to his wife, a childish father to his son, a childish kid to his parents.

    but outside, his another side might be gentleman, a matured guy, a gangster maybe. (this i read in the newspaper many yrs back.. a kid who is very quiet at hm but outside is a very fierce person)

    this may not apply to mi , but wat i wanan share is, a person has many side.. he can be childish at forum but that doesnt make him childish in real life.. tat apply to both u n me n everybody even ur master throttle.

    fact is.. dun judge a man's true personality through forum... is very stupid to think in tt way.. coz we all hide behind screen type rubbish.. difference may be i type broken english while u type good grammer maybe. LOL.. this also prove u gt no brain to think that u noe my personality... lol.. u think u noes mi well ? HAHA. u noe hair about mi . u r saying im a salesman from the very beginning.. i then can tell u tt u r wrong from the very very beginning coz im not a salesman... so shhhh

    a guy who talk gt dragon gt tiger.. dun mean in real life he is somebody.. maybe juz a small penut like u ..

    a guy who talk some good english n says he drive a lambor in forum, maybe in real life he cant even speak or full cash a chery QQ.. simple as tt.

    n i feel is very fake to say good luck to mi as in u dun knows mi at all in real life, u onil noe a former whose nick ia jia_yvon who love to kpkb around here. so save the good luck for ur self when 1day u r in a road accident. LOL

    remem to Speak good english in real life.. type no use.. i can dig out my dictionary n type all sorts of chem chem words... but wats the point ?

    aniway u seem nuts to mi.. as well as doggy of throttle to mi . a lousy dog especially coz u provoke ppl , bite ppl, then squeeze ur tail n says ends here. tsk tsk .... but nvm using my method of logic. i also hope u r not wat i think of. n since u said u stop here, make sure u dun bark ani more okay?

    good luck to me myself.
    Last edited by jia_yvon; 02-03-2008 at 01:14 PM.


    Quote Originally Posted by newbie View Post
    dats y. i computer hero

  4. #54
    tookara
    tookara
    has no status.
    Edit
    Guest

    Default

    its true lah drive common bmw sure lose a lot of $$$ one. first owner lose the most

  5. #55
    Throttle
    needs a holiday
    SBF Lacer Throttle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    11,953
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tookara View Post
    yeah u have a point. i doubt he'll find a buyer for a 100k bmw in these pages


    Firstly , you'll be surprise of the number of people in here who can afford to buy my car. Dont look down on the people base on money.

    Secondly, i wasnt looking for a buyer , i was asking a second hand car dealer about a quote for my car, given the info. To which I receive from Jiayvon.
    and my answer is i understand why he would quote so low and as such i wont be selling. Upon which he started his usual blabbering but stop the instant i suggested so. Very on topic, i must say.

    Lastly, it's always the sour grapes in every forum who will come into a thread and being unable to accept the fact that someone in the same forum may be financially better, they try to antoganise and undermine the person by calling him names then turning around to look innocent.

    so there

  6. #56
    jia_yvon
    has no status.
    SBF Lacer jia_yvon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Singapore Bedok
    Posts
    6,330
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    haha... sour grapes...


    Quote Originally Posted by newbie View Post
    dats y. i computer hero

  7. #57
    Throttle
    needs a holiday
    SBF Lacer Throttle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    11,953
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jia_yvon View Post
    aniway u seem nuts to mi.. as well as doggy of throttle to mi . a lousy dog especially coz u provoke ppl , bite ppl, then squeeze ur tail n says ends here. tsk tsk .... but nvm using my method of logic. i also hope u r not wat i think of. n since u said u stop here, make sure u dun bark ani more okay?

    good luck to me myself.


    Dont use my name to provoke GoSlow just becos whatever he has said made good sense but pricked you.

    Do yourself some good and keep quiet, young one.
    You have almost lost all integrity, save some, please.

    I dont know GoSlow personally and he doesnt know me personally.
    We just view matters in a very constructive fair way, unlike a few fellas here.

    =======================================================
    Thanks for reading things right GoSlow, at least I know there is another one in here with integrity .

  8. #58
    who_noe
    has no status.
    SBF Scooters who_noe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    20,055
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    think all can stopped here already

    anymore offensive posting,i will shut the thread down

    SSOG(SBF Scooter Owner Group)since june 2003

  9. #59
    jia_yvon
    has no status.
    SBF Lacer jia_yvon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Singapore Bedok
    Posts
    6,330
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Throttle View Post
    Dont use my name to provoke GoSlow just becos whatever he has said made good sense but pricked you.

    Do yourself some good and keep quiet, young one.
    You have almost lost all integrity, save some, please.

    I dont know GoSlow personally and he doesnt know me personally.
    We just view matters in a very constructive fair way, unlike a few fellas here.

    =======================================================
    Thanks for reading things right GoSlow, at least I know there is another one in here with integrity .
    ok old one since u said please n beged mi , fine... lol


    Quote Originally Posted by newbie View Post
    dats y. i computer hero

  10. #60
    GoSlow
    has no status.
    Class 2B GoSlow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    265
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Throttle View Post
    Thanks for reading things right GoSlow, at least I know there is another one in here with integrity .
    Back on topic.

    Do you think used car value will take into account accessories? Not those 'stickers = extra horse power' that kinda accessories

    Btw, i also noticed that the resale values of conti cars like renault or fiat seem to be on the low side compared relatively to Jap/Korean cars.



    P/S: I noticed certain bike shops do look at accessories for bikes, particularly class 2 bikes that are 1 or 2 years old.

    Any bikes older than that, they do not take accessories into account.

  11. #61
    tookara
    tookara
    has no status.
    Edit
    Guest

    Default

    i was asking a second hand car dealer about a quote for my car, given the info. To which I receive from Jiayvon.
    ok. so basically what surprises you about his reply seeing as you have passed judgement on his character?

     

     
  12. #62
    Throttle
    needs a holiday
    SBF Lacer Throttle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    11,953
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tookara View Post
    ok. so basically what surprises you about his reply seeing as you have passed judgement on his character?
    Off topic but as respect i shall reply you Tookara

    Very constructively, I took his words in two parts.

    Firstly the price. I already know that it wont be that great becos he is a dealer and need to make money. I fully understand that. I just wanted to hear how lousy it would be. Since $97k is all he can give then , my decision is to look for private buyer or dont sell. Simple. I even mention about possibility of nego if he had something i wanted.

    The second part, he started all his justifications on the price and began to sarcastically make remarks and further tried to belittle GoSlow. Thats when i decided to stop discussing anything with him regarding my car.

    As a direct answer to your question, and since i have "passed" judgement on his character as many in here have done on mine, I was not surprised.

    I chose to advise him as an older and more experienced forumer, not to behave the way he has behaved. hopefully, he appreciates and grows from there.

    Thats all really, very simple.

  13. #63
    Throttle
    needs a holiday
    SBF Lacer Throttle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    11,953
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoSlow View Post
    Back on topic.

    Do you think used car value will take into account accessories? Not those 'stickers = extra horse power' that kinda accessories

    Btw, i also noticed that the resale values of conti cars like renault or fiat seem to be on the low side compared relatively to Jap/Korean cars.



    P/S: I noticed certain bike shops do look at accessories for bikes, particularly class 2 bikes that are 1 or 2 years old.

    Any bikes older than that, they do not take accessories into account.
    Accessories do have some value but not too much.

    When i sold my BMW coupe 3 - 4 yrs, i had to sell the accessories seperately to squeeze out more. sold my suspensions, rims etc....

    But that said, if a car is nicely accessorized , it may be able to attract simliar minded buyers. It's all about whether the buyer and seller have shared values and tastes.


    Yes non-Premium contis have lower resale becos of the general misconception that the parts are expensive, tough to find etc....
    Sometimes it's a self fulfilling prophecy, as you know.

  14. #64
    GoSlow
    has no status.
    Class 2B GoSlow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    265
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Throttle View Post
    Accessories do have some value but not too much.

    When i sold my BMW coupe 3 - 4 yrs, i had to sell the accessories seperately to squeeze out more. sold my suspensions, rims etc....

    But that said, if a car is nicely accessorized , it may be able to attract simliar minded buyers. It's all about whether the buyer and seller have shared values and tastes.


    Yes non-Premium contis have lower resale becos of the general misconception that the parts are expensive, tough to find etc....
    Sometimes it's a self fulfilling prophecy, as you know.
    I see.





    Does the demand and supply theory apply to used car market? Anyone?

  15. #65
    GoSlow
    has no status.
    Class 2B GoSlow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    265
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tookara View Post
    ok. so basically what surprises you about his reply seeing as you have passed judgement on his character?
    You sound like a fellow forum user who got banned recently

  16. #66
    jia_yvon
    has no status.
    SBF Lacer jia_yvon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Singapore Bedok
    Posts
    6,330
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Throttle View Post
    The second part, he started all his justifications on the price and began to sarcastically make remarks and further tried to belittle GoSlow. Thats when i decided to stop discussing anything with him regarding my car.

    wrong procedure wor...

    is u ask mi , then i answer, then i kpkb make remarks, then u suggest stop. then goslow came in suggest boliao things to mi then i entertain him.

    but not as wat u said i kpkb N belittle goslow n tts WHEN u decided to stop it... LOL.. coz when u asked for a stop, goslow haven even came into the picture...

    u asked for a stop conversation at post #18, i agreed at post #19, n goslow onli came into the picture at post #28 which is totally OT post. so how to be i make remarks N tries to belittle goslow N tts WHEN u tried to stop ?

    u also learned how to roti prata ar... so old liao still roti prata... tsk tsk ..

    simple steps u also can go wrong??

    k la k la dun sia suay u liao. back to topic n i f off k ?
    Last edited by jia_yvon; 03-03-2008 at 11:01 AM.


    Quote Originally Posted by newbie View Post
    dats y. i computer hero

  17. #67
    Kushinagar
    has no status.
    SBF Senior Moderator Kushinagar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Bedok North
    Posts
    4,153
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    What's the problem we have here?

    If one queries, willing parties answer, then audience would expect professional advice and replies without unconstructive comment in it, if not don't even bother in the 1st place.

    Jia_yvon, this is not a platform to quarrel and use insulting language. If my intended message does not get across to your nick then it'll be history like some undesire nick. Mr Tookara, tio bo?

    I hope this thread does not get out of hand and having us to remove it.

    Regards
    Andrew

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •