rides bicycle
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by steel_headz View Post
    I also cannot like really confirm u tat the vibrations r totally gone....

But wat i can say is the vibrations after u install the COOCASE is much more lesser than the other brands....

Try check it out at 219..... N see how is it.....
    no theoretical or practical explanation that i can think of for installing box reduce vibration.

Since the box comes with alarm and u have to tap to battery so most probably having grounding effect which might reduce the vibration.

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums...d.php?t=112145

rayhunter
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by steel_headz View Post
    I also cannot like really confirm u tat the vibrations r totally gone....

But wat i can say is the vibrations after u install the COOCASE is much more lesser than the other brands....

Try check it out at 219..... N see how is it.....
    maybe more stable during normal travelling but during high speed,box is a no no..
    ride safe today,ride again tomorrow

steel_headz
    is a Rider with a Smile always...
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rayhunter View Post
    maybe more stable during normal travelling but during high speed,box is a no no..
    Ya its true...

But much more better than the other brands tat i can say....

I got try riding to speed up to 140 n still ok not bad....

But my wife pillion behind say its not so vibrate like the old one....

So worth buying then....
    Rider Can Be Driver, But Driver Cannot Be Rider......

khaitronic
    is a STROMMER...
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those using a large side pannier...does ur bike vibrate when u freehand?

How to tackle that probs...
    Tighten the steering cone?
    using heavy balancer
    others?

Or

Thats what we will get using large pannier and have to get used to it...Issit?

VSTROM SINGAPORE - http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=125329690831574&v=photos#!/group.php?gid=125329690831574&ref=ts

kmax
    rides bicycle
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well... my old givi box gave no problem.. can still clear meter.

rayhunter
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kmax View Post
    how big is your box?

Kev's
    tendered for resignation as a
    Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by khaitronic View Post
    Those using a large side pannier...does ur bike vibrate when u freehand?

How to tackle that probs...
    Tighten the steering cone?
    using heavy balancer
    others?

Or

Thats what we will get using large pannier and have to get used to it...Issit?
    Frm experience on my ex rides(Phantom & Steed), had mounted wingrack & pair of E41s, the front steering will feel light & may tank slap if free hand on high speed.
    Yet to try on my S4 as not yet mount them on.
    Suppose can fix on a center mount steering damper and/or heavier balances will help?
    Last edited by Kev's; 14-01-2009 at 03:15 PM.
    我们都在不断赶路 忘记了出路 在失望中追求偶尔的满足

Disclaimer:

The above information is obtained from third party sources for which I assume no responsibility.
    While there is no reason to believe that the information is unreliable, no liability is accepted for any errors or inaccuracies.™®©

Kev's
    Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kmax View Post
    I believe because yrs is mounted via the points below the sub rear frame, hence bring the box lower & nearer to the bike, therefore reducing the vibration & drag by the wind force.

Spec 3's mounting tend to be high as not much ppl uses the same mounting like on Spec 1 & 2.

Random check on the tightness on the torque of the screws & box locking mechanisms also plays a part as it may tend to loose over time due to vibrations & shocks.

Disclaimer:

The above information is obtained from third party sources for which I assume no responsibility.
    While there is no reason to believe that the information is unreliable, no liability is accepted for any errors or inaccuracies.™®©

khaitronic
    is a STROMMER...
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KeV's View Post
    Frm experience on my ex rides(Phantom & Steed), had mounted wingrack & pair of E41s, the front steering will feel light & may tank slap if free hand on high speed.
    Yet to try on my S4 as not yet mount them on.
    Suppose can fix on a center mount steering damper and/or heavier balances will help?
    currently im with a pair of e460....yeap same experience with u...also confirm by bike shop that there is nothing wrong with my cone bearing tyre rim etc.... getting used to it day by day....did not expect this initially....

VSTROM SINGAPORE - http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=125329690831574&v=photos#!/group.php?gid=125329690831574&ref=ts

Kev's
    Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

currently im with a pair of e460....yeap same experience with u...also confirm by bike shop that there is nothing wrong with my cone bearing tyre rim etc.... getting used to it day by day....did not expect this initially....
    Ok, suggest you get a pair of heavy balancers, & maybe invest in a good centre mount steering damper?
    Do maintain sufficient air pressure especially for the rear. It'll be better if you can find a good combination pressure rate for the front & rear which will help on the road.
    i.e. Not too much for front so can hv a gd grip yet wont be hampering the steer, sufficient for rear, so can accomodate the weight increase but also maintaining grip when wet.

Also, dont forget to tune yr rear suspension to hard to accomodate the weight increase behind. It'll help when going over humps & bumps.
    if got spare mula, get a pair of E21s, 2nd hand oso can, cos sometimes you may not need such a big box bt still need space...

& my 3 boxes are still collecting dust @ hm with my mom nagging me to clear them...

Disclaimer:

khaitronic
    is a STROMMER...
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, suggest you get a pair of heavy balancers, & maybe invest in a good centre mount steering damper?
    Do maintain sufficient air pressure especially for the rear. It'll be better if you can find a good combination pressure rate for the front & rear which will help on the road.
    i.e. Not too much for front so can hv a gd grip yet wont be hampering the steer, sufficient for rear, so can accomodate the weight increase but also maintaining grip when wet.

Also, dont forget to tune yr rear suspension to hard to accomodate the weight increase behind. It'll help when going over humps & bumps.
    if got spare mula, get a pair of E21s, 2nd hand oso can, cos sometimes you may not need such a big box bt still need space...

& my 3 boxes are still collecting dust @ hm with my mom nagging me to clear them...

Hey thanks for the advice...for a start maybe i change to heavier balancer...but like i say im getting used to it nowadays...not only me...my bike too... ...surprisingly though....

im actually having a pair of e460...but i usually have it one for my rear top....only when in need then i pair it up right and left....

Kev's
    Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hey thanks for the advice...for a start maybe i change to heavier balancer...but like i say im getting used to it nowadays...not only me...my bike too... ...surprisingly though....

im actually having a pair of e460...but i usually have it one for my rear top....only when in need then i pair it up right and left....
    You're welcome.

am slowly setting up mine too, hv most of the things i need, now only wait for $$ to fall frm sky & a gd trusted mech to help me mount.

post a pic of yr bike with the set ups?

Disclaimer:

khaitronic
    is a STROMMER...
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My setup

Kev's
    Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

khaitronic: sweet.

add on fog/spot lights, strobe lights, bigger windshield, aftermarket horns, & maybe aftermarket exhaust & u're ready for touring!

jus asking, u r using wing rack right?
    where did you did yr mounting?
    any lowering of exhaust?

Disclaimer:

khaitronic
    is a STROMMER...
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ahah...

Yeah wingrack...the mounting and lowering(yeap!) of exhaust...did it at sengkwang...
    Rack got by a fellow forumer here recently....

Anyway im looking for e36...any idea where to get it? how much it cost? could not find it anymore....

Kev's
    Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ahah...

Yeah wingrack...the mounting and lowering(yeap!) of exhaust...did it at sengkwang...
    Rack got by a fellow forumer here recently....

Anyway im looking for e36...any idea where to get it? how much it cost? could not find it anymore....
    this?:

Ok, can try 219, not sure if they have any left. Otherwise gota go Mah, their main shwrm there & ask Elyn, the lady in-charge of givi, if they have in stock, or, LAB?
    nt sure abt the costs thou... to what i last know, its OOP... maybe can back order with Elyn...
    Last resort, hunt ard the shops & also pray that someone in the forum sells a pair...

another qn, hw much for the damage @ SK?

Disclaimer:

khaitronic
    is a STROMMER...
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeap thats the one.....this box is smaller and will match my e45...if it cost a bomb then guess i forget bout it...yet to ask those shop mention...but base on display....dont have it...

Lowering of pipe...$60....
    rack all done by previous owner...not sure but heard its cost ard $200 to do the rack...

Kev's
    Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yeap thats the one.....this box is smaller and will match my e45...if it cost a bomb then guess i forget bout it...yet to ask those shop mention...but base on display....dont have it...

Lowering of pipe...$60....
    rack all done by previous owner...not sure but heard its cost ard $200 to do the rack...
    wow... hmm...
    but then, thats for quality eh?
    oya, gota really hunt ard for this pair, damn rare.
    , maybe can add a auxiliary stop light, like those on X9 rear box for yr old E45, for better safety?
    Think some spare parts for yr E45 can order thru Elyn, but may have to wait for a long time before the shipment arrives, or can try twistedthrottle.com..
    There's a pillion rest cum rack carrier with strap for this model. Had it on my old E45, but was vandalised that my dad cant be bothered, I threw away when I accquired a 2nd hand V46...

Disclaimer:

khaitronic
    is a STROMMER...
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow... hmm...
    but then, thats for quality eh?
    oya, gota really hunt ard for this pair, damn rare.
    , maybe can add a auxiliary stop light, like those on X9 rear box for yr old E45, for better safety?
    Think some spare parts for yr E45 can order thru Elyn, but may have to wait for a long time before the shipment arrives, or can try twistedthrottle.com..
    There's a pillion rest cum rack carrier with strap for this model. Had it on my old E45, but was vandalised that my dad cant be bothered, I threw away when I accquired a 2nd hand V46...

Anyway Elyn?

Kev's
    Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Anyway Elyn?
    oh, sales exec for givi @ mah.
    tel: 6295 6393
    hp: 9846 7976
    email: elyngoh10@yahoo.com.sg

but best is you go down & ask for a view on the parts manual if you are looking for replacements.

Disclaimer:

khaitronic
    is a STROMMER...
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh, sales exec for givi @ mah.
    tel: 6295 6393
    hp: 9846 7976
    email: elyngoh10@yahoo.com.sg

but best is you go down & ask for a view on the parts manual if you are looking for replacements.

Aight thanks for the lobang...

PaLmEr
    ish nom nom noming!
    Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

this?:

Ok, can try 219, not sure if they have any left. Otherwise gota go Mah, their main shwrm there & ask Elyn, the lady in-charge of givi, if they have in stock, or, LAB?
    nt sure abt the costs thou... to what i last know, its OOP... maybe can back order with Elyn...
    Last resort, hunt ard the shops & also pray that someone in the forum sells a pair...

another qn, hw much for the damage @ SK?
    the boxes will cost approx S$700-800 for a pair.
    Thinking of putting up my pair for sale tho... Condition 9/10.

rayhunter
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hoo the price is quite ex..
    palmer how much u looking at? include brackets?

khaitronic
    is a STROMMER...
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PaLmEr View Post

Wah really that ex for this box sia...but then again its a quality and compact box....

Anyway if u thinking of selling how much u letting go...
    care to share where u get it frm?

Kev's
    Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PaLmEr View Post
    wow...
    izzit because of the rarity of the box hence the price?
    my e41 a pair alone doesnt cost that much brand new...

Disclaimer:

quizesilver
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for that kind of price, u can go for H&B at about 600+

arsonist
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey guys can anyone tell me this side rack - where can i get this and ard how much is it?

also does it come with different size boxes? or will all givi boxes fit on the racks?

thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Burnt
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by quizesilver View Post
    for that kind of price, u can go for H&B at about 600+

Where can i get H&B side boxes ? wing rack as well maybe ? kind hard to find ar ..

dragonforce
    riding old bike
    Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

hi
    that looks like a givi topbox baseplate turned to fit as a sidebox.. looks like for 52l but i might be wrong..
    givi wing rack? can get at givi distributor mah motor..
    Quote Originally Posted by motobike-search-engine.co.uk
    Rat bike - A motorcycle not necessarily kept in pristine condition, often painted matt black. Minimal maintenance and mismatched parts often used.

dragonforce
    riding old bike
    Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

H&B can try
    http://www.m-technik.net/

51 Ubi Ave 1, #05-08
    Paya Ubi Industrial Park
    Singapore 408933

google is your best friend!
    Rat bike - A motorcycle not necessarily kept in pristine condition, often painted matt black. Minimal maintenance and mismatched parts often used.

arsonist
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

do u know hw much is it?
    LAB have?

dragonforce
    riding old bike
    Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

not sure but you can try... if dun have just ride over to mah motor to get it lor.. not far away also..

khaitronic
    is a STROMMER...
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by arsonist View Post
    hey guys can anyone tell me this side rack - where can i get this and ard how much is it?

also does it come with different size boxes? or will all givi boxes fit on the racks?

thanks
    This side holder can hold all monokey givi box...but...not recommended except e21....

anyway thats a normal givi monokey baseplate which the user put it by the side adding additional bracket....can get it at many bike shop..

arsonist
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh okie thanks, do u know roughly how much is the price?
    anw why not recommended to put other boxes? is it because not secure enough?
    im thinking if thats the case then i could drill the boxes and secure using bolts to the base plate to make it more secure?

BoyBulance
    rides the MEDIC Diversion called "WhiteAngel".
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Rocket-looking S4

Quote Originally Posted by D_Lufy View Post
    hey dudes~

i was on the road recently, saw this bike, with sidebox, look like portfolio container where ppl keep thier drawings and art stuff but bigger, Cylinder type look-a-like.. now the bike look like rocket haha~
    wonder what is that and where he bought it.. Mmmm...
    i've seen that blue S4 many times before... It's always parked at the parking lots in front of Chong Aik (Desker Road). Just walk along that road on evenings and usually it's parked there... Tink it's an ah-pek riding it...

khaitronic
    is a STROMMER...
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh okie thanks, do u know roughly how much is the price?
    anw why not recommended to put other boxes? is it because not secure enough?
    im thinking if thats the case then i could drill the boxes and secure using bolts to the base plate to make it more secure?
    For bigger box need to use wingrack....
    Cause that rack is not be strong enuff as it built mean for only top box...n can break in a long run...thats what givi shop told me...

Price wise u check with Givi which located at Mah motor...mine wingrack bought 2nd hand...

rayhunter
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks
    i should have it and if u need,then i fetch u more details..

johnboy
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How much does it cost to install a box(e46) and rack at the rear?
    <<<<GIXXER 107>>>>

arsonist
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i should have it and if u need,then i fetch u more details..
    oh okie can much appreciated, pls pm me the details please
    ur selling from shop or ur own one 2nd hand?

anw wingrack is what? its a baseplate or a whole rack? sorry i not so sure with the terms of all these side boxes and storage things.

Burnt
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi bros .. anyone with H&B side panniers on super 4 ? can post some pics ? price n details .. i kinda interested .. Can the panniers big enough to hold helmets ?

rayhunter
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh okie can much appreciated, pls pm me the details please
    ur selling from shop or ur own one 2nd hand?
    thanks for your interest..had pm you.

khaitronic
    is a STROMMER...
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Check out my sale...cheap cheap old box to let got...cause new one already in place...lols...

http://singaporebikes.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=224627

Kev's
    Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Gosh, after scrutinizing u guys's wingrack set up, I guess maybe I shld pay a visit to SK...
    My top box's like a spoiler!...

khai: What boxes u using now?

Disclaimer:

khaitronic
    is a STROMMER...
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gosh, after scrutinizing u guys's wingrack set up, I guess maybe I shld pay a visit to SK...
    My top box's like a spoiler!...

khai: What boxes u using now?

I got two setup...one E460 with givi e21 or e460 with e41....

If possible want to let go all the box and only keep e21 and e41....

Kev's
    Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I got two setup...one E460 with givi e21 or e460 with e41....

If possible want to let go all the box and only keep e21 and e41....
    power terima la...
    neway, I kept my V46 @ hm & used my E41s today, freed of carrying a haversack ard & yea to box storage...

Disclaimer:

khaitronic
    is a STROMMER...
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

power terima la...
    neway, I kept my V46 @ hm & used my E41s today, freed of carrying a haversack ard & yea to box storage...
    Yeah...haha...bro post ur bike pic lah...wanna see ur rack n box setup...

Kev's
    Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yeah...haha...bro post ur bike pic lah...wanna see ur rack n box setup...
    heheh... now yr turn to ask me...
    k, gota look ard for a decent cam. Mine sot sot cum rosak liao...

Disclaimer:

khaitronic
    is a STROMMER...
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

heheh... now yr turn to ask me...
    k, gota look ard for a decent cam. Mine sot sot cum rosak liao...
    Yeah looking foward to see ur bike pic soon....

arsonist
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is the V35 - monokey side selling in singapore?
    it looks guite nice and streamlined.
    does it attach to the existing rack with brackets like the E21s?

http://www.giviusa.com/caschi_borse_...=27391&lang=en

here are the pics and specs

khaitronic
    is a STROMMER...
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is the V35 - monokey side selling in singapore?
    it looks guite nice and streamlined.
    does it attach to the existing rack with brackets like the E21s?

http://www.giviusa.com/caschi_borse_...=27391&lang=en

here are the pics and specs

U can view it at Mah motor or Motoworld...very nice...i believe it use a different base plate...cause of the shape...not sure though...

Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast