User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 57

Thread: Help on Nsr gear

  1. #1
    kwanheng
    has no status.
    Class 2 kwanheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Toa payoh
    Posts
    1,037
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Help on Nsr gear



    My Nsr 150 sp has a loud sound when i down my gears the sound seems like something is hitting on some board. i have already pull my cutch fully and some times when i down my gears it will down 2 gears with 1 kick. Is it good or bad?
    Class2B>TP on 22 May -Passed
    Class 3>TP on 11 March -Passed
    Class 2A>? start by 2009 may 22
    Class 4>? start by 2009

    I enjoy DIY always can reached 98475561/kwanheng"Jason"

  2. #2
    stages
    stages
    has no status.
    Edit
    Guest

    Default

    got good got bad la...

     

     
  3. #3
    kwanheng
    has no status.
    Class 2 kwanheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Toa payoh
    Posts
    1,037
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stages View Post
    got good got bad la...
    will spoil my gear a not if i carry on like tat or its my engine oil problem or isit my engine problem im starting to worry because my bike going to have no warrenty soon so i want to make sure everything is good.
    Class2B>TP on 22 May -Passed
    Class 3>TP on 11 March -Passed
    Class 2A>? start by 2009 may 22
    Class 4>? start by 2009

    I enjoy DIY always can reached 98475561/kwanheng"Jason"

  4. #4
    stages
    stages
    has no status.
    Edit
    Guest

    Default

    Dun worri is Good !!!!

  5. #5
    kwanheng
    has no status.
    Class 2 kwanheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Toa payoh
    Posts
    1,037
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stages View Post
    Dun worri is Good !!!!
    okie if spoil i go kop ur sp heehee =X
    Class2B>TP on 22 May -Passed
    Class 3>TP on 11 March -Passed
    Class 2A>? start by 2009 may 22
    Class 4>? start by 2009

    I enjoy DIY always can reached 98475561/kwanheng"Jason"

  6. #6
    stages
    stages
    has no status.
    Edit
    Guest

    Default

    lol....... real funny dude

  7. #7
    Sin^Filled
    has no status.
    Class 2B Sin^Filled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    432
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Loud sound when u down gear? u zam ur gear huh lolZ!

    Anyways I thought this is normal,mine oso very loud,wear helmet oso can hear very loud rite? haha dun worry

  8. #8
    kwanheng
    has no status.
    Class 2 kwanheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Toa payoh
    Posts
    1,037
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sin^Filled View Post
    Loud sound when u down gear? u zam ur gear huh lolZ!

    Anyways I thought this is normal,mine oso very loud,wear helmet oso can hear very loud rite? haha dun worry
    ya can hear... and it sounds like those big bikes when they cutch in to gear 1 from N. which makes ur bike look more cool... but i scare it will damge my gears leh..
    Class2B>TP on 22 May -Passed
    Class 3>TP on 11 March -Passed
    Class 2A>? start by 2009 may 22
    Class 4>? start by 2009

    I enjoy DIY always can reached 98475561/kwanheng"Jason"

  9. #9
    kwanheng
    has no status.
    Class 2 kwanheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Toa payoh
    Posts
    1,037
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stages View Post
    lol....... real funny dude
    joking only la... i really sacre my gears will give way
    Class2B>TP on 22 May -Passed
    Class 3>TP on 11 March -Passed
    Class 2A>? start by 2009 may 22
    Class 4>? start by 2009

    I enjoy DIY always can reached 98475561/kwanheng"Jason"

  10. #10
    Deckbuild
    has no status.
    P Plate Deckbuild's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Jurong
    Posts
    117
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kwanheng View Post
    My Nsr 150 sp has a loud sound when i down my gears the sound seems like something is hitting on some board. i have already pull my cutch fully and some times when i down my gears it will down 2 gears with 1 kick. Is it good or bad?
    Which gear does it happen to? From 2nd to 1st when moving or ?

  11. #11
    LL
    has no status.
    Class 2 LL's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,241
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kwanheng View Post
    ya can hear... and it sounds like those big bikes when they cutch in to gear 1 from N. which makes ur bike look more cool... but i scare it will damge my gears leh..
    my sp also like tat... my idling rpm is 1.6k.... the higher ur RPM the louder thud it'll be... try going full blast on top gear and clutch in kik to gear 1.. same effect...
    That's why I always believe in LUCK!

     

     
  12. #12
    Deckbuild
    has no status.
    P Plate Deckbuild's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Jurong
    Posts
    117
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LL View Post
    my sp also like tat... my idling rpm is 1.6k.... the higher ur RPM the louder thud it'll be... try going full blast on top gear and clutch in kik to gear 1.. same effect...
    I don't know the technical detail about it but I'll find out, for me, normally I won't down it to first when the RPM is high or the bike is moving, I will wait for it to come to a complete stop before I finally shift to 1st.

  13. #13
    kwanheng
    has no status.
    Class 2 kwanheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Toa payoh
    Posts
    1,037
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deckbuild View Post
    Which gear does it happen to? From 2nd to 1st when moving or ?
    All the gears the loudest is from 2nd to 1st
    Class2B>TP on 22 May -Passed
    Class 3>TP on 11 March -Passed
    Class 2A>? start by 2009 may 22
    Class 4>? start by 2009

    I enjoy DIY always can reached 98475561/kwanheng"Jason"

  14. #14
    kwanheng
    has no status.
    Class 2 kwanheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Toa payoh
    Posts
    1,037
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Deckbuild View Post
    I don't know the technical detail about it but I'll find out, for me, normally I won't down it to first when the RPM is high or the bike is moving, I will wait for it to come to a complete stop before I finally shift to 1st.
    why not cutch in and kick to 1st gear and let it free wheel then brake untill complete stop?
    Class2B>TP on 22 May -Passed
    Class 3>TP on 11 March -Passed
    Class 2A>? start by 2009 may 22
    Class 4>? start by 2009

    I enjoy DIY always can reached 98475561/kwanheng"Jason"

  15. #15
    kwanheng
    has no status.
    Class 2 kwanheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Toa payoh
    Posts
    1,037
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LL View Post
    my sp also like tat... my idling rpm is 1.6k.... the higher ur RPM the louder thud it'll be... try going full blast on top gear and clutch in kik to gear 1.. same effect...
    ic. its notting doing with the engine oil rite?
    Class2B>TP on 22 May -Passed
    Class 3>TP on 11 March -Passed
    Class 2A>? start by 2009 may 22
    Class 4>? start by 2009

    I enjoy DIY always can reached 98475561/kwanheng"Jason"

  16. #16
    LL
    has no status.
    Class 2 LL's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,241
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deckbuild View Post
    I don't know the technical detail about it but I'll find out, for me, normally I won't down it to first when the RPM is high or the bike is moving, I will wait for it to come to a complete stop before I finally shift to 1st.
    Its really hard to shift down gear in a complete stop for my SP...
    Gotta do the half-clutch everyime I drop 1 gear..
    so I tend to drop to gear 1 just before stopping...

    Quote Originally Posted by kwanheng View Post
    ic. its notting doing with the engine oil rite?
    I suppose EO does affect gear shifting since it's for the gears huh?
    That's why I always believe in LUCK!

  17. #17
    kwanheng
    has no status.
    Class 2 kwanheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Toa payoh
    Posts
    1,037
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LL View Post
    Its really hard to shift down gear in a complete stop for my SP...
    Gotta do the half-clutch everyime I drop 1 gear..
    so I tend to drop to gear 1 just before stopping...



    I suppose EO does affect gear shifting since it's for the gears huh?
    i think so too have you change your engine oil be4?
    Class2B>TP on 22 May -Passed
    Class 3>TP on 11 March -Passed
    Class 2A>? start by 2009 may 22
    Class 4>? start by 2009

    I enjoy DIY always can reached 98475561/kwanheng"Jason"

  18. #18
    Deckbuild
    has no status.
    P Plate Deckbuild's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Jurong
    Posts
    117
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kwanheng View Post
    why not cutch in and kick to 1st gear and let it free wheel then brake untill complete stop?
    That is what I normally do, but without kicking into 1st gear to prevent the loud thud. No matter how you clutch in, the loud thud will be there when the RPM is high or moving.


    To LL:

    What gear oil you using?

  19. #19
    kwanheng
    has no status.
    Class 2 kwanheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Toa payoh
    Posts
    1,037
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Thumbs down

    Quote Originally Posted by Deckbuild View Post
    That is what I normally do, but without kicking into 1st gear to prevent the loud thud. No matter how you clutch in, the loud thud will be there when the RPM is high or moving.
    ok thank you deckbulid bro
    Class2B>TP on 22 May -Passed
    Class 3>TP on 11 March -Passed
    Class 2A>? start by 2009 may 22
    Class 4>? start by 2009

    I enjoy DIY always can reached 98475561/kwanheng"Jason"

  20. #20
    Deckbuild
    has no status.
    P Plate Deckbuild's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Jurong
    Posts
    117
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kwanheng View Post
    ic. its notting doing with the engine oil rite?
    Actually it does, the smoother or thinne the gear oil, the louder the thud I suppose, do a search, someone talk about about EO, and they notice loud gear change when using different EO. <- Claim by the same person.

  21. #21
    kwanheng
    has no status.
    Class 2 kwanheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Toa payoh
    Posts
    1,037
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by Deckbuild View Post
    Actually it does, the smoother or thinne the gear oil, the louder the thud I suppose, do a search, someone talk about about EO, and they notice loud gear change when using different EO. <- Claim by the same person.
    bro what engine oil you using?
    Class2B>TP on 22 May -Passed
    Class 3>TP on 11 March -Passed
    Class 2A>? start by 2009 may 22
    Class 4>? start by 2009

    I enjoy DIY always can reached 98475561/kwanheng"Jason"

     

     
  22. #22
    Deckbuild
    has no status.
    P Plate Deckbuild's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Jurong
    Posts
    117
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Mobil 1 Super Syn, it's for car though, they mention about clutch slip but it never happen, before this, the GO is extremely dirty and it always produce a chic chic chic sound when the bike is moving slow which sounds to me like a clutch slip but not anymore now. If you really wanna change, I suggest you use the 4T instead of car engine oil. It's easy to DIY.

  23. #23
    kwanheng
    has no status.
    Class 2 kwanheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Toa payoh
    Posts
    1,037
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deckbuild View Post
    Mobil 1 Super Syn, it's for car though, they mention about clutch slip but it never happen, before this, the GO is extremely dirty and it always produce a chic chic chic sound when the bike is moving slow which sounds to me like a clutch slip but not anymore now. If you really wanna change, I suggest you use the 4T instead of car engine oil. It's easy to DIY.
    do you know how to change sp engine oil? heehee i noob sia
    Class2B>TP on 22 May -Passed
    Class 3>TP on 11 March -Passed
    Class 2A>? start by 2009 may 22
    Class 4>? start by 2009

    I enjoy DIY always can reached 98475561/kwanheng"Jason"

  24. #24
    LL
    has no status.
    Class 2 LL's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,241
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kwanheng View Post
    i think so too have you change your engine oil be4?
    I change like a month ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Deckbuild View Post
    That is what I normally do, but without kicking into 1st gear to prevent the loud thud. No matter how you clutch in, the loud thud will be there when the RPM is high or moving.


    To LL:

    What gear oil you using?
    semi syn 4t oil...
    What effect does it have if it's top up to little?
    That's why I always believe in LUCK!

  25. #25
    kwanheng
    has no status.
    Class 2 kwanheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Toa payoh
    Posts
    1,037
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LL View Post
    I change like a month ago


    semi syn 4t oil...
    What effect does it have if it's top up to little?
    do you know how to change?
    Class2B>TP on 22 May -Passed
    Class 3>TP on 11 March -Passed
    Class 2A>? start by 2009 may 22
    Class 4>? start by 2009

    I enjoy DIY always can reached 98475561/kwanheng"Jason"

  26. #26
    Deckbuild
    has no status.
    P Plate Deckbuild's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Jurong
    Posts
    117
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Give me a few min while I dig out the pictures for you. Hard to explain as there are nuts all over.

  27. #27
    Deckbuild
    has no status.
    P Plate Deckbuild's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Jurong
    Posts
    117
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LL View Post
    I change like a month ago


    semi syn 4t oil...
    What effect does it have if it's top up to little?
    Top up to little?

    You mean not enough EO in your gear box or top up more than require issit?

  28. #28
    Deckbuild
    has no status.
    P Plate Deckbuild's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Jurong
    Posts
    117
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default




  29. #29
    kwanheng
    has no status.
    Class 2 kwanheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Toa payoh
    Posts
    1,037
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Thumbs down

    Quote Originally Posted by Deckbuild View Post


    bro i have to book too but my question is if i remove the nut at pict1 right picture will oil flow out?
    is there any oil filter for sp?
    how to know they engine oil level? if can see then fill untill what level?
    anyway thank for sharing those pic bro
    Class2B>TP on 22 May -Passed
    Class 3>TP on 11 March -Passed
    Class 2A>? start by 2009 may 22
    Class 4>? start by 2009

    I enjoy DIY always can reached 98475561/kwanheng"Jason"

  30. #30
    LL
    has no status.
    Class 2 LL's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,241
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    yea.. i meant insufficient EO...
    My mirror can't check.. only see darkspot...
    That's why I always believe in LUCK!

  31. #31
    LL
    has no status.
    Class 2 LL's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,241
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't know how to change... haha
    That's why I always believe in LUCK!

     

     
  32. #32
    kwanheng
    has no status.
    Class 2 kwanheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Toa payoh
    Posts
    1,037
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LL View Post
    yea.. i meant insufficient EO...
    My mirror can't check.. only see darkspot...
    mirror meaning the engine oil mirror?
    Class2B>TP on 22 May -Passed
    Class 3>TP on 11 March -Passed
    Class 2A>? start by 2009 may 22
    Class 4>? start by 2009

    I enjoy DIY always can reached 98475561/kwanheng"Jason"

  33. #33
    Deckbuild
    has no status.
    P Plate Deckbuild's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Jurong
    Posts
    117
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kwanheng View Post


    bro i have to book too but my question is if i remove the nut at pict1 right picture will oil flow out?
    is there any oil filter for sp?
    how to know they engine oil level? if can see then fill untill what level?
    anyway thank for sharing those pic bro
    Ok, the nut is unlike those on 4 stroke bike, it is a very long rod type of nut, just prepare a container at the bottom, the flow of the oil out from the hole is also very very slow compare to a 4 stroke engine.

    What I do is, let the engine run till warm, it will be better if you can ride around to warm it. Then from there, drain it completely, after that add 700ml exactly, don't bother about the window, it won't show up that fast, DO NOT OVERFILL IT! Once done, I guess you will notice significant difference < dependent on oil use.

  34. #34
    Deckbuild
    has no status.
    P Plate Deckbuild's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Jurong
    Posts
    117
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LL View Post
    yea.. i meant insufficient EO...
    My mirror can't check.. only see darkspot...
    Have you try cleaning the window to see it? it will be better if you can take a photo and show here, cos I dunno really know what you mean by darkspot. Normally there is a reflective piece of aluminium in between the window so that you can view the EO easily.

  35. #35
    kwanheng
    has no status.
    Class 2 kwanheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Toa payoh
    Posts
    1,037
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deckbuild View Post
    Have you try cleaning the window to see it? it will be better if you can take a photo and show here, cos I dunno really know what you mean by darkspot. Normally there is a reflective piece of aluminium in between the window so that you can view the EO easily.
    mine is a pure silver window no oil there isit normal?
    Class2B>TP on 22 May -Passed
    Class 3>TP on 11 March -Passed
    Class 2A>? start by 2009 may 22
    Class 4>? start by 2009

    I enjoy DIY always can reached 98475561/kwanheng"Jason"

  36. #36
    Deckbuild
    has no status.
    P Plate Deckbuild's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Jurong
    Posts
    117
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kwanheng View Post
    mine is a pure silver window no oil there isit normal?
    Have you tilt the bike to a vertical position when you check the window?

    If it's just plain silver window, I reckon you hurry change the oil, don't try to top it as I have say, the window sometimes are just not trustable and you don't know how much oil is in it already. By if you don't encounter leak at all, after changing it with 700ml in it, just leave it for another 20k KM will be fine. After changing mine for 1k km, the oil is still brand new gold in colour.

  37. #37
    kwanheng
    has no status.
    Class 2 kwanheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Toa payoh
    Posts
    1,037
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deckbuild View Post
    Have you tilt the bike to a vertical position when you check the window?

    If it's just plain silver window, I reckon you hurry change the oil, don't try to top it as I have say, the window sometimes are just not trustable and you don't know how much oil is in it already. By if you don't encounter leak at all, after changing it with 700ml in it, just leave it for another 20k KM will be fine. After changing mine for 1k km, the oil is still brand new gold in colour.
    i will tilt the bike andsee again later thx bro
    Class2B>TP on 22 May -Passed
    Class 3>TP on 11 March -Passed
    Class 2A>? start by 2009 may 22
    Class 4>? start by 2009

    I enjoy DIY always can reached 98475561/kwanheng"Jason"

  38. #38
    Deckbuild
    has no status.
    P Plate Deckbuild's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Jurong
    Posts
    117
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    No worries, hope all this help, I just got this bike not long ago, still learning how to service this beauty, I need to know how to tighten the chain, as I don't have the tool to do so, it's rather hard for me to do it.

  39. #39
    kwanheng
    has no status.
    Class 2 kwanheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Toa payoh
    Posts
    1,037
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deckbuild View Post
    No worries, hope all this help, I just got this bike not long ago, still learning how to service this beauty, I need to know how to tighten the chain, as I don't have the tool to do so, it's rather hard for me to do it.
    just pull the rear rim back right?
    Class2B>TP on 22 May -Passed
    Class 3>TP on 11 March -Passed
    Class 2A>? start by 2009 may 22
    Class 4>? start by 2009

    I enjoy DIY always can reached 98475561/kwanheng"Jason"

  40. #40
    Deckbuild
    has no status.
    P Plate Deckbuild's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Jurong
    Posts
    117
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    From what I read, you don't have to pull anything, just by losening some nuts and using a pin spanner which is provided in tool kit, you will be able to tighten the chain, but then I wasn't provide those tool when I got this bike, it's a 3rd hand.

  41. #41
    kwanheng
    has no status.
    Class 2 kwanheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Toa payoh
    Posts
    1,037
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deckbuild View Post
    From what I read, you don't have to pull anything, just by losening some nuts and using a pin spanner which is provided in tool kit, you will be able to tighten the chain, but then I wasn't provide those tool when I got this bike, it's a 3rd hand.
    hmm for sp its using proarm its diffen from other bikes anyway ur chain needs to be change soon as in maybe ur rear gear worn out already tats y ur chain became loose.
    Last edited by kwanheng; 29-06-2008 at 09:22 PM.
    Class2B>TP on 22 May -Passed
    Class 3>TP on 11 March -Passed
    Class 2A>? start by 2009 may 22
    Class 4>? start by 2009

    I enjoy DIY always can reached 98475561/kwanheng"Jason"

     

     
  42. #42
    kwanheng
    has no status.
    Class 2 kwanheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Toa payoh
    Posts
    1,037
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deckbuild View Post
    Ok, the nut is unlike those on 4 stroke bike, it is a very long rod type of nut, just prepare a container at the bottom, the flow of the oil out from the hole is also very very slow compare to a 4 stroke engine.

    What I do is, let the engine run till warm, it will be better if you can ride around to warm it. Then from there, drain it completely, after that add 700ml exactly, don't bother about the window, it won't show up that fast, DO NOT OVERFILL IT! Once done, I guess you will notice significant difference < dependent on oil use.
    bro if i ride the bike be4 the engine oil will be hot i guess. need to be carefull!
    Class2B>TP on 22 May -Passed
    Class 3>TP on 11 March -Passed
    Class 2A>? start by 2009 may 22
    Class 4>? start by 2009

    I enjoy DIY always can reached 98475561/kwanheng"Jason"

  43. #43
    Deckbuild
    has no status.
    P Plate Deckbuild's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Jurong
    Posts
    117
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kwanheng View Post
    hmm for sp its using proarm its diffen from other bikes anyway ur chain needs to be change soon as in maybe ur rear gear worn out already tats y ur chain became loose.
    My sprocket still look new, I'll check tmr morning on my chain slack, might get the tools to do it myself.

    Regarding the heat from the gear oil, it won't be that hot so not a worry about. I have change car's EO before when it's super hot, you won't scald your hand even when it's super hot, if you know how to do it. Moreover, the nut is a long rod, nothing will flow out until the rod is fully out. But just becareful not to spill the used EO everywhere cos it's a pain to clean it up.

  44. #44
    Deckbuild
    has no status.
    P Plate Deckbuild's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Jurong
    Posts
    117
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kwanheng View Post
    hmm for sp its using proarm its diffen from other bikes anyway ur chain needs to be change soon as in maybe ur rear gear worn out already tats y ur chain became loose.
    My sprocket still look new, I'll check tmr morning on my chain slack, might get the tools to do it myself.

    Regarding the heat from the gear oil, it won't be that hot so not a worry about. I have change car's EO before when it's super hot, you won't scald your hand even when it's super hot, if you know how to do it. Moreover, the nut is a long rod, nothing will flow out until the rod is fully out. But just becareful not to spill the used EO everywhere cos it's a pain to clean it up.

  45. #45
    stages
    stages
    has no status.
    Edit
    Guest

    Default

    hahas Dun worri dude ... Sp should help Sp

  46. #46
    LL
    has no status.
    Class 2 LL's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,241
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    just now i go check again... using light to flash the thing.. i saw yellow glowing liquid.. i suppose that's oil... hmmm
    That's why I always believe in LUCK!

  47. #47
    kwanheng
    has no status.
    Class 2 kwanheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Toa payoh
    Posts
    1,037
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deckbuild View Post
    My sprocket still look new, I'll check tmr morning on my chain slack, might get the tools to do it myself.

    Regarding the heat from the gear oil, it won't be that hot so not a worry about. I have change car's EO before when it's super hot, you won't scald your hand even when it's super hot, if you know how to do it. Moreover, the nut is a long rod, nothing will flow out until the rod is fully out. But just becareful not to spill the used EO everywhere cos it's a pain to clean it up.
    Bro i just changed my EO with putoline + its for 4 stroke bike isit ok?
    Class2B>TP on 22 May -Passed
    Class 3>TP on 11 March -Passed
    Class 2A>? start by 2009 may 22
    Class 4>? start by 2009

    I enjoy DIY always can reached 98475561/kwanheng"Jason"

  48. #48
    mab
    has no status.
    Class 2A
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Yishun.
    Posts
    603
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    where do u guys dispose ur used engine oil?

  49. #49
    mab
    has no status.
    Class 2A
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Yishun.
    Posts
    603
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    *double post*

  50. #50
    kwanheng
    has no status.
    Class 2 kwanheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Toa payoh
    Posts
    1,037
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mab View Post
    where do u guys dispose ur used engine oil?
    i dig a hole and pour it in how about you?
    Class2B>TP on 22 May -Passed
    Class 3>TP on 11 March -Passed
    Class 2A>? start by 2009 may 22
    Class 4>? start by 2009

    I enjoy DIY always can reached 98475561/kwanheng"Jason"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •