danielburgess
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Honda XRV750 Africa Twin

I know we have our own forum and all, but it will be nice to have a thread of our own here in sgbikes.com

Cheers!

edouard_g
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just lost mine, here are some good and bad things about the @.

Good points:

• Looks the business.
    • Lots of accessories to choose from.
    • Handles better on pot holed twisties then it should or many other bikes.
    • Garanteed parking by clearing highcurbs with ease.
    • Launching off curbs with throttle wide open without fear.
    • Standing on the pegs whilst under way for that vital ventilation of under crofts / Stretching / Drying of raincoat
    • Can keep up with most bikes (up to speed limit)
    • Collossal mileage possible without major engine overhauls.
    • Good resale value (relatively)
    • Roomy (garranted no leg cramps)
    • Excellent headlights

Bad points;

• Opening throttle fully without fear.
    • Peg hits leg when feet on the ground
    • Thristy Brute.
    • Heavy with high CG.
    • 5 gears only.
    • Voltage regulator issues.
    • Fuel pump issues.
    • Alu wheel rot.
    • No longer produced
    • Seat a bit hard.

No fuel gauge.
    "Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm."Sir Winston Churchill

danielburgess
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed! But mine has a relatively simple fuel gauge I bought from africaqueens.com

Cheers!

recycled2wheeler
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by edouard_g View Post

Bad points;

• Opening throttle fully without fear. cud do wif alil more juice but still has more than enuf to get u out of most jams(considering she's a dakkar..)
    • Peg hits leg when feet on the ground never had this problem
    • Thristy Brute. thirsty? by what measure? mine averaged 22-25km/L quite decent by my books
    • Heavy with high CG. true but she's comfy, takes decent corners & isn't afraid of floods/rivers.. hehe..
    • 5 gears only. 6 be nice but i'm Ok wif 5, decent ratio
    • Voltage regulator issues. all bikes oso same, comes with age, wear n tear
    • Fuel pump issues. thats what said, bought spare but never had to replace.. more than 2yrs. to me, it's part of wear n tear
    • Alu wheel rot. how does alluminium 'rot'?
    • No longer produced oh well, ask d Japs.. gawd only knows whats on their minds..
    • Seat a bit hard. err... for me, not wide enuf for my rear... Corbin's d way to go..

No fuel gauge. i guess personal preference.. i dun see d need as u hav trip meter to gauge. dun even bother wif gauage on my S4 or my Freewind. not accurate..
    Having said all that, I dare say if it wasn't any other reason than to fund my KAtana, I'll still hav my @t now..
    Last edited by recycled2wheeler; 28-08-2008 at 10:29 AM.
    1982 Suzuki GSx750sz Katana
    1983 Suzuki GSx750sz Katana
    1996 Suzuki DR650se
    2005 HD 883c - part time toy

edouard_g
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Before the twin I had Hayabusa, and the consumption was marginally higher 5.1l/100 compared to 4.8l/100 for the twin.

Having almost halved the capacity I was expecting a moderate up side in fuel cost to sweeten the loss of over a 110HP-but no.

Hence the thirsty term, I guess having only 5 gear did not help matters.

Next time your tires are off, look under the rubber strip, you might be surprised to see large bumps or blisters of powdery material caused by galvanic corrosion between the wheel and the steel spokes especially the tube valve.

Ed.
    "Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm."Sir Winston Churchill

recycled2wheeler
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Before the twin I had Hayabusa, and the consumption was marginally higher 5.1l/100 compared to 4.8l/100 for the twin.

Having almost halved the capacity I was expecting a moderate up side in fuel cost to sweeten the loss of over a 110HP-but no.

Hence the thirsty term, I guess having only 5 gear did not help matters.

Next time your tires are off, look under the rubber strip, you might be surprised to see large bumps or blisters of powdery material caused by galvanic corrosion between the wheel and the steel spokes especially the tube valve.

Ed.
    Hey Ed,

Thanx for d clarification.

To me, it's kinds difficult to compare apples to oranges. If you were to use other 750cc road bikes to compare, d consumption shud be bout the same as ur busa @ 17/18km/L.
    Having taken capcity/horsepower into consideration, u should also consider power to weight ratio. if memory serves, d @t's dry @ bout 210kg whilst d Busa @ 215kg but it then becomes apple & orange again.
    Too many factors(especially condition of bike) to list but for starters, which model u riding? wats ur Rear tyre size? spocket sizes? 43/45? Based on ur calculations of 4.8L/100km, full tank before reserve give you bout 375km. Mine used to do average 400km. I've checked with Fearful & he say his 5yr old does atleast 420km before hitting reserve. YES, there are some who can't even hit 350km but again too many variations to look into.
    Yeah, It would be better with a 6th gear but...
    I will admit that @t stock rims do stain up with alittle 'corrosion' over time but Large bumps or blisters of powdery material caused by galvanic corrosion?? Yikes... I have not come accross this during my reign. Last peep into any @t rims was a punture recovery we did onroute to GP acouple of weeks back. Apart from d usual dirt, didn't see anything of the sort... Just learned sumting new...

cheers!
    1996 Suzuki DR650se

edouard_g
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe I was unlucky with my rims, the bike was very low miles when I got it it. they looked fine on the outside... The other thing I hear is for city bike the fuelling jets get larger as the bike ages from constant opening and closing the throttle (to keep to with the 1000cc crowd) and can contribute to higher fuel consumption (i hear)

looking for other bike now. Considering the FJR but a bit cramped in the legs (nothing will beat the twin there I know). there was a Caponord for sale earlier which fit the bill but missed out... The fazer 1000 was an other but feel like i'm sitting on a unicycle (6'.2" & 95Kg)

The best would be the KTm Adventure the bike Honda should have made to replace the twin. but price is high and the seat looks even more tortuous than the twin.

Ed.

recycled2wheeler
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe I was unlucky with my rims, the bike was very low miles when I got it it. they looked fine on the outside... The other thing I hear is for city bike the fuelling jets get larger as the bike ages from constant opening and closing the throttle (to keep to with the 1000cc crowd) and can contribute to higher fuel consumption (i hear)

looking for other bike now. Considering the FJR but a bit cramped in the legs (nothing will beat the twin there I know). there was a Caponord for sale earlier which fit the bill but missed out... The fazer 1000 was an other but feel like i'm sitting on a unicycle (6'.2" & 95Kg)

The best would be the KTm Adventure the bike Honda should have made to replace the twin. but price is high and the seat looks even more tortuous than the twin.

Ed.
    Based on what u metioned esp u being 6'2", I'd probably go down d GS1100/1150 route. Preowned ofcoz...dun want to sleep outside my house.
    KTm Ad is nice but word has it that it looses out on comfort wich is a criterior for me as i progress with age.. wished i was like MORK, get younger as u age...

anyways, good luck with ur search for ur next bike...
    1996 Suzuki DR650se

Huruhara
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy

[QUOTE=recycled2wheeler;4604288]Hey Ed,

Too many factors(especially condition of bike) to list but for starters, which model u riding? wats ur Rear tyre size? spocket sizes? 43/45? Based on ur calculations of 4.8L/100km, full tank before reserve give you bout 375km. Mine used to do average 400km. I've checked with Fearful & he say his 5yr old does atleast 420km before hitting reserve. YES, there are some who can't even hit 350km but again too many variations to look into.

Wow!!!Ur bike could last till 400km.Power lah!My could only go up to 360-370 b4 it choke..choke...choke n time to hit the reserve switch...

danielburgess
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am getting horrendous fuel consumption, I get 300km before reserve, so if the tank is 23L-5L of reserve, that's 300/18 = 6L for a 100km.

But I ride the older RD07 and not the newer RD07A with the Throttle Position Sensor and other gizmos.

edouard_g
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by recycled2wheeler View Post
    Hey Ed,

"Too many factors(especially condition of bike) to list but for starters, which model u riding?" ...
    Mine was RD07A 05 Made in 1999.

Ed

edouard_g
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Africa Twin Used values

Some useful info for Twin Buyers /Sellers.

NOTE:
    1. This graph was produced on 05 but since the graph is of Dp/Dt it is still useful. (the purple dots are recent data and still fit on curve.)
    2. Accessories and crash if any, are not accounted for (values over average may be due to many Xtras or unrealistic expectation, Under average may be due to crash or other reasons; eg COE expiring).
    3. Data are that of asking prices and not transacted but still represent fair value (I think)
    4. HOW TO READ: If your bike 5.5 years old calculate as follows: 2005.5 - 5.5 = 2000. Read graph @ 2000; Price ~10K

Last edited by edouard_g; 25-10-2008 at 02:44 PM.

edouard_g
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Honda VIN numbers; How to Read.

Whats' the story with your Twin? See below...

Body Code No. / Model Suffix / Year Manufactured / Engine Size

1. RD03 XRV650 J 1988 650
    2. RD03 XRV650 K 1989 650
    3. RD04 XRV750 L 1990 750
    4. RD04 XRV750 M 1991 750
    5. RD04 XRV750 N 1992 750
    6. RD04 XRV750 P 1993 750
    7. RD07 XRV750 R 1994 750
    8. RD07 XRV750 S 1995 750
    9. RD07 XRV750 T 1996 750
    10. RD07a XRV750 V 1997 750
    11. RD07a XRV750 W 1998 750
    12. RD07a XRV750 X 1999 750
    13. RD07a XRV750 Y 2000-2002 750

Mine was 00044 probably the first of the 99 bikes out of that factory.

Ed.

recycled2wheeler
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not sure bout ur scale but mine was a 11/96 RD07a. not sure bout serial nbr, neber bothered but i still got d log card... somewhr...
    1996 Suzuki DR650se

Smack76
    Back To Smaller bike
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi guys, can i know what brand of tyres mostly african twin using?

edouard_g
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most ppl use Metzeler Tourance. Good road holding but don't think about leaving the road in the wet even to cross a grassy median strip, you'll be spinning in every gear and at low speed any bumps higher than an ant will stop the bike.

I tried to get some TKC80 but impossible to find, Metzeler Karoo also impossible. your only choice is Tourance or something like it from pirreli or Michelin.

eD.

recycled2wheeler
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Smack,

nice middie... as Ed mentioned, Common tyres fo @t are metzler Tourance, Pirelli Scorpion, Dunlop trailwings, Michellin Anakee, Avon etc. Then again, it all depends on riders requirements. For me, it be Tourance & Scorpions..
    my 2 cents.. Tourance 85% road, 15% back roads. Due to thread design & d fact dat @t weighs afair bit, don't waste time in mud. Same with scorpion & Avon. d clowns dat i hang with use trialwings to play in mud, not d best choice i think but readily available.
    Again, just my 2cents..

cheers!

R2W
    aka TiKuZ
    1996 Suzuki DR650se

Huruhara
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Currently,I'm using bridgestone battlewing.dry & wet surface holding quite good.

danielburgess
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm using Bridgestone trailwings.

Cheers!

babyain
    is chillin
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi guys I'm intending to get an AT but the size of this beauty is gonna kill me literally.I'm still thinking of modifying the mainstand and side stand. ANyone have any idea where i can do cheap welding and modification?
    Don't tell me U miss me...causeIknowUdo!
    previous rides-KTM125EGS/DT200R/DRZ400E&sm/CBR400RRR/KTM200EXC/CB400Vtec/DT200WR/YZ125/Hornet 250/NissanEXsaloon/ToyotaAltis/RXZ135/CBR600RR/DRZ400E/cbr1000r05/xt660x/StreamXstyle/Ford focus
    current ride -DR650se/BMWg650gs

recycled2wheeler
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by babyain View Post
    hi guys I'm intending to get an AT but the size of this beauty is gonna kill me literally.I'm still thinking of modifying the mainstand and side stand. ANyone have any idea where i can do cheap welding and modification?
    Kudos to u... one of the other reasons why I gave up my @t. Weight & COG.. & d fact dat age's catchin up but thats no excuse...
    Stylo/milo go SK.. Depending on complexity, anywhr/one that has welding equipment shud be able to do what i think u're lookin into. Try An at Mezzo's... that's whr i go...
    1996 Suzuki DR650se

Smack76
    Back To Smaller bike
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Smack,

nice middie... as Ed mentioned, Common tyres fo @t are metzler Tourance, Pirelli Scorpion, Dunlop trailwings, Michellin Anakee, Avon etc. Then again, it all depends on riders requirements. For me, it be Tourance & Scorpions..
    my 2 cents.. Tourance 85% road, 15% back roads. Due to thread design & d fact dat @t weighs afair bit, don't waste time in mud. Same with scorpion & Avon. d clowns dat i hang with use trialwings to play in mud, not d best choice i think but readily available.
    Again, just my 2cents..

cheers!

R2W
    aka TiKuZ
    Currently my KLE is using Dunlop Trail max, any comments on it?

Smack76
    Back To Smaller bike
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brothers.........can sengkuang fabricate the engine guard? Is the material good and will it corrode? thinking of going there to get my crash bar done.

danielburgess
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SK does a good job, they did the crash bars for the BBDC rides if I am not wrong.

edouard_g
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by babyain View Post
    Side stand is ok. Main stand is not great but if you pull the bike towards the rear rather than lift, its a bit easier

ed.

recycled2wheeler
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smack76 View Post
    Brothers.........can sengkuang fabricate the engine guard? Is the material good and will it corrode? thinking of going there to get my crash bar done.
    Just a thought.. HAve u considered lookin for aftermarket stuff?

http://www.bikegear.co.za/ed6ed75a-7...1afdb39-9.html
    1996 Suzuki DR650se

babyain
    is chillin
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well eduard_g... i guess both ways of using main stand will be applicable to where i use it right so I'm looking for side panniers and modifying to make it "step" friendly
    previous rides-KTM125EGS/DT200R/DRZ400E&sm/CBR400RRR/KTM200EXC/CB400Vtec/DT200WR/YZ125/Hornet 250/NissanEXsaloon/ToyotaAltis/RXZ135/CBR600RR/DRZ400E/cbr1000r05/xt660x/StreamXstyle/Ford focus

danielburgess
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm, you mean when you get on the bike your leg hits the right side pannier?

Cheers!

I_Ride_A_Bike
    has no status.
    Class 2
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyone fitted the 43L tank on their AT?

is it dam Heavy after doing so?
    thanks!
    Two Wheelers By Choice!

Ride Right to Live.

danielburgess
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes it is. Very heavy, I know an Italian guy who bought one and sold it straight after mounting the tank, cause not only was it hard to ride with, it was also hard to look at!

Cheers!

I_Ride_A_Bike
    has no status.
    Class 2
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by danielburgess View Post
    Yes it is. Very heavy, I know an Italian guy who bought one and sold it straight after mounting the tank, cause not only was it hard to ride with, it was also hard to look at!

Cheers!
    oh really? haha..
    thanks thanks.. =]
    Two Wheelers By Choice!

Ride Right to Live.

danielburgess
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Acerbis had a 30+++ litre one but those are impossible to find now.

Cheers!

Smack76
    Back To Smaller bike
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a thought.. HAve u considered lookin for aftermarket stuff?

http://www.bikegear.co.za/ed6ed75a-7...1afdb39-9.html
    Thanks bro for referring me the website, anyway do you know how do we go about ordering it?...and is Dunlop Trail max tire ok?

babyain
    is chillin
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

finally got my AT... it feels kinda jerky when i ride something wrong? maybe if i tighten the chain and check it out again.

vig79
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

jst a bit of experience from the 5yrs of ridin an @t n still goin strong.the mileage i feel depends on the fuel u use.i hve tried Vpower n caltex gold if im not wrong.tis wld give about max 360-380km.after tta i hve stuck to mobil F1 n it can give me 410n could go abit more as i try not to let it go to reserve.i hve all the while pumped in JB.
    another suggestion is checkin the fuel pump.
    as for the tyres i am using metzeler tourance.so far on n off rd feels fine.nxt thinkin of tryin the scorpion.
    i hope tis helps...

danielburgess
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

U mean the fuel pump can affect your fuel consumption?

Cheers

vig79
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah it does...wn the fuel pump is faulty wld experience jerks like the bike is out of fuel.i kenna once.n my tank was half full.so brought for a check n found my fuel pump spoilt.but over the 4 yrs i had no problem with the pump.so i guess its wear n tear.n the comsumption got better.

babyain
    is chillin
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good info vig... maybe i shld check the fuel pump too. Jus did the welding for the mainstand but still cant put it on. Too heavy. maybe after breaking fast then I'll try again.

danielburgess
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Sparkplugs.

Learnt something today, before today I assumed that all 4 stroke engines required a 16mm sparkplug wrench to do a sparkie change. Apparently we need something different for the Honda Africa Twin, anyone know why?

By the way my Haynes manual recommends I use either the NGK DPR8EA-9 or the Denso X24EPR-V9. Any idea where I can get those?

Cheers!

danielburgess
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Research.

NGK DPR8EA-9
    D = 12mm thread
    P = Projected insulator type
    R = Resistor
    8 = Cold type
    E = 19mm ?
    A = Special Design

-9 = .036" electrode gap

Eureka!!!

quizesilver
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear bro,

I have been ask to gather all interest grp within Sport Tourer with al-simmons

I am here to let all know about this
    http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums...d.php?t=206377

In your individual grp.
    I have requested some to assist me as the POC.

AT
    edouard_g -

BMW
    coolcat

Deuville
    vesparazz

Fazer
    racingter
    xgrind

FJR1300
    Kazky
    deanz4

GTR 1400 and ZX14
    kaozie
    neo

Hayabusa
    quizesilver
    Nok97

ST11/X
    Simon Soh
    Yzf_R1

TDM900 and Diversion 900
    AJ..
    Custom

Varadero
    Don Didie
    ATwin

VFR
    vfrT
    Throttlestop

V-strom
    al-simmons
    cstay66

danielburgess
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

POC for? What are the roles of the POC for that event?

quizesilver
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

POC for? What are the roles of the POC for that event?
    POC for the AT within SBF and in your own forum.

objective/role of the POC will be the person for me to spread the news and coordinate within your ride.

more details of the info and stuff. will be make known to the POC.

i see that you are quite active too.
    are you able to assists too?

Thanks

zerocool
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hello guys.. sorry to interupt. do anyone know where i can get custom made windshield for my honda transalp? thank you.
    singapore bikes rocks

jackos
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can u quote me a price range for the tourance and scorpion? and where can i get it done? thanx!

Hey Smack,

Again, just my 2cents..

cheers!

R2W
    aka TiKuZ

recycled2wheeler
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jackos View Post
    can u quote me a price range for the tourance and scorpion? and where can i get it done? thanx!
    err... good question... different shop, different price... I paid bout $300 (or was it $320?... somewhr there la) for both Tourance & Scorpions... heard there are places selling at $280 but dunno how far dat true... but for $40/50 diff, I'd rather go to a preferred/more reliable/kaki shop... nicely loaded up, balanced... straight as an arrow...

my humble 2cents...
    1996 Suzuki DR650se

ozzarhomb
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've put 10k plus mileage on-road mostly on a rear Shinko tire which my mechanic recommends. i find the tire quite good for road use, grips well and wears at an acceptable rate. used for about 5 months. running Tourance on the front wheel.
    Resolution for 2009, stay healthy, get wealthy, make more friends, ride safely & pass all exams!

three
    is hated by most, envied by others, yet wanted by many.
    Class 2A
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ozzarhomb View Post
    I've put 10k plus mileage on-road mostly on a rear Shinko tire which my mechanic recommends. i find the tire quite good for road use, grips well and wears at an acceptable rate. used for about 5 months. running Tourance on the front wheel.
    Shinko tyres?? The 700 series or 244 series? where you got those from and how much is it?
    Bikes
    Men ride it. Boys dream about it.

zerocool
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im running on shinko tyres too. trail master. great grips on road. cheers for shinko!
    singapore bikes rocks

vertigo_blues
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am getting horrendous fuel consumption, I get 300km before reserve, so if the tank is 23L-5L of reserve, that's 300/18 = 6L for a 100km.

But I ride the older RD07 and not the newer RD07A with the Throttle Position Sensor and other gizmos.
    You are not alone..Im getting 260 before hitting reserve. Im riding at RD07 as well...heard that its not that the exhaust is not that enviromental friendly as compared to RD07A and also that kinda explains the inefficiency in terms of fuel comsumption.
    I've overhauled my cab..changed all the jettings..even to a slightly smaller ones...jetting that are used by RD07a. but to no avail...same consumption.
    BTW mine is with a oversized header and a Leo vince exhaust...full load crap in my luggage boxes..maybe thats why its kinda crap in the fuel consumption.

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast