User Tag List

Page 154 of 154 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154
Results 7,651 to 7,672 of 7672

Thread: [Q&A] SBF CB400 Official Q&A Thread 2009 (PLS ASK YOUR QUESTIONS HERE!)

  1. #7651
    AcEAnT
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    6
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Shah_bb View Post
    [Q] 2nd question, here comes the nightmare. In all gears when i rev, be it 1st gear or top gear, below 5000rpm is quite smooth (although feels very slight jerky) but when i rev it above 5000 rpm, my bike starts to cough consistently like as if my exhaust got something stuck inside.

    Even tho my rpm can still go up, but after hit 5000 rpm, it will go up very slow even after open vtec. Like got air stuck (bop bop bop). It starts to cough at exactly 5000 rpm and above. I think my 1st and 2nd prob are tied together.

    I sent for carb servicing, change diaphram (damn i dont know how to spell it), change engine oil, spark plugs, oil filter, air filter quite recently. The mech told me then it may be my cdi. If its true, any shops to recommend for a good deal? This 2 probs happened after i sent for carb servicing and change diaphram. Someone pls advise this new cb400 rider. Thank you.
    I have encounter this problem recently. May I know any solution to this? Is it Cdi or other parts? Need some help here..

    Thanks.
    Last edited by AcEAnT; 03-03-2018 at 08:53 AM.

  2. #7652
    Aussie
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    1
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    G'day guys.
    I am in ownership of a 2011 superfour that has sat for roughly 2 years and was pretty rough when it was pulled out for use.
    The bike would not kick over so the following has either been fixed or replaced.
    Battery replaced.
    Spark plugs replaced.
    Fuel pump replaced.
    Tank interior cleaned.
    New fuel.

    The bike now starts and idles perfectly, and rides quite nicely. The issue is when coming to a stop, the bike stalls out. It isnt intermittent and occurs each and every time we get off the throttle and come to a stop.

    Would anyone know the issue or has had this issue and come to grips with it

     

     
  3. #7653
    SunshineClear
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    1
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    helloo, i notice my coolant water leaked.. is there a leakage? will i need to replace the hose and how much will it cost? i ride a ver s

  4. #7654
    ali zaman
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    1
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hello
    i am new to here
    A quick question, where could i find a service manual for CB400SF 1997 Version S ?
    If this is not the place to ask, kindly guide me.
    Appreciate the help.

  5. #7655
    the-Devil
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    1
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    [Q]
    Hello from Australia.
    I recently bought a CB400SF Revo NC42 2011. The previous owner had installed ILS exhaust and I recently installed K&N filter, bike seems unhappy and cuts out at high rpm. I think ecm needs calibration.
    1. Does anyone know how to reset/ reboot the ecm here?
    2. The PCV isnt available here I checked, where can I buy it from?
    can anyone please help.
    TIA.

  6. #7656
    Doc tattoo
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    2
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hey all. New to here. I’m from Ireland. Recently picked up a 2004 spec 3. But the vtec is not kicking in. Iv givin the bike a full service. Oil ,filter, plugs,leads. Air filter. Still feels the same. Drives fine until u hit around 6k rpm. Also the speedo or odometer isn’t working. Iv seen on someone’s post this might b the cause of the vtec failure. Just wondering if anyone had any more info about it. Cheers in advance. Doc

  7. #7657
    Dinesh9972
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Johor Bahru
    Posts
    1
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    [Q] Hi guys. Does anyone has the user manual of CB400 superfour 2018 (LED headlight model)? I was only given manual in Japanese language. Appreciate if anyone can post the link of PDF softcopy or scanned copy in English.

    Thanks in advance Cheers

  8. #7658
    brianforever
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    51
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Great Days Frens,

    Anyone knows anything about maintaining Super 4 Battery ? TQ

  9. #7659
    apache3
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    15
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    [Q] Hi guys, Does anyone know where I could buy online for complete clutch with clutch basket... I need replace my old clutch and the basket ?
    for my Bike : CB400SF Vtech III (Nc39).

    thanks you for your help

  10. #7660
    KABIR
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    1
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Q : Hi.. I want to change tyre for my super 4. Any suggestion ?
    Which bike shop giving better price? Ah boy ok?
    Thx

  11. #7661
    Retweetlicious
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    1
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    (Q):
    Hi , I’m currently owning a spec 2 cb400 . And I was wondering if I want to convert my spec 2 tailboard to spec 3 tailboard , the only thing I need is “ tailboard” itself & also “ spec 3 rear light “ right ? .

     

     
  12. #7662
    Jazz989
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    1
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Q Hi guys planning to buy a cb400 spec 3
    But have some questions, want to ask you guys that spec 3 can it last 10hrs shift for dispatch? Will it spoil the bike ? Is it able to last for 10hrs on the road, will not be working everyday only weekends

  13. #7663
    INDOSUPERFOUR
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    IDN
    Posts
    2
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Retweetlicious View Post
    (Q):
    Hi , I’m currently owning a spec 2 cb400 . And I was wondering if I want to convert my spec 2 tailboard to spec 3 tailboard , the only thing I need is “ tailboard” itself & also “ spec 3 rear light “ right ? .
    CMIIW

    Spec 3 have 2 models..
    One is with the handle and the oldest (early03) was without handle. I think you need the handle, inner fender and signal lamp also..


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #7664
    joe kawa
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    277
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Need some help guys.my current ride spec 3 was replaced by a local meter.and my bike feels very sluggish and vtec does not seem to open.went to a bike shop and was told that by using a local meter,the valve wont read the sensor and therefore the valve wont be fully open resulting in vtec not opening.and was advised to install back the original meter.so i need help to confirm that this is true or not.thanks bros.

  15. #7665
    jepoy
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    5
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Bros need help on my cb400 spec 3. i have drained and change the coolant on my bike but temperature light still turns on in traffic. Fan is still working and not sure if its coolant leak but have checked the reservoir but still in right spot.

  16. #7666
    Ah Pek
    has no status.
    SBF Lacer Ah Pek's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Hougang/Serangoon North/ AMK
    Posts
    6,705
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jepoy View Post
    Bros need help on my cb400 spec 3. i have drained and change the coolant on my bike but temperature light still turns on in traffic. Fan is still working and not sure if its coolant leak but have checked the reservoir but still in right spot.
    Either your thermostat is jammed with rust and is stuck thus coolant trapped and not circulating. Also..if your coolant pump impeller blades are rusted and broken off..there is no sufficient flow. Go Planet Motor..Ah Chong can verify and confirm.
    Stupid Hurts!.Speed doesn't kill, mistakes does
    BEER!...it's cheaper than fuel now! DRINK!..DON'T RIDE!

  17. #7667
    jepoy
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    5
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ah Pek View Post
    Either your thermostat is jammed with rust and is stuck thus coolant trapped and not circulating. Also..if your coolant pump impeller blades are rusted and broken off..there is no sufficient flow. Go Planet Motor..Ah Chong can verify and confirm.
    thanks for the reply bro. thermostat is fine tested it out and it turns on in heat. will try checking the coolant pump impeller blades, the mechanic that checked the bike said that alot of rust was found after cleaning the radiator. also the temperature light turns off once i start running but starts blinking in very low speed or while stopping.

  18. #7668
    Ah Pek
    has no status.
    SBF Lacer Ah Pek's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Hougang/Serangoon North/ AMK
    Posts
    6,705
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jepoy View Post
    thanks for the reply bro. thermostat is fine tested it out and it turns on in heat. will try checking the coolant pump impeller blades, the mechanic that checked the bike said that alot of rust was found after cleaning the radiator. also the temperature light turns off once i start running but starts blinking in very low speed or while stopping.
    "starts blinking in very low speed"..yes, this is usually the case when heat from hot coolant build up too quickly. When fab cuts on too often..this are tell tale sign that coolant system is not doing well. Since u mentioned rust before..this is due to previous owner or bike shop uses tap water with coolant which is not recommended as it will cause the radiator to rust. Currently, I believe ur cooling system flow is very restricted in flow and add on to it, traveling at low speed does not bring front forceful air to the radiator fins..so to say, it's the rust in within the radiator flow piping in the radiator is 'constricting' the flow of coolant. Need not to talk off the coolant pump and open up..just take off ur tank..open the radiator cap..start ur bike and rev a few times and check for movement of coolant at the radiator cap outlet. If tehre is, the coolant pump is ok. Simple job..DIY otherwise mech might tell u lies and kena lamb-chop..or pork-chop..
    Stupid Hurts!.Speed doesn't kill, mistakes does
    BEER!...it's cheaper than fuel now! DRINK!..DON'T RIDE!

  19. #7669
    jepoy
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    5
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ah Pek View Post
    "starts blinking in very low speed"..yes, this is usually the case when heat from hot coolant build up too quickly. When fab cuts on too often..this are tell tale sign that coolant system is not doing well. Since u mentioned rust before..this is due to previous owner or bike shop uses tap water with coolant which is not recommended as it will cause the radiator to rust. Currently, I believe ur cooling system flow is very restricted in flow and add on to it, traveling at low speed does not bring front forceful air to the radiator fins..so to say, it's the rust in within the radiator flow piping in the radiator is 'constricting' the flow of coolant. Need not to talk off the coolant pump and open up..just take off ur tank..open the radiator cap..start ur bike and rev a few times and check for movement of coolant at the radiator cap outlet. If tehre is, the coolant pump is ok. Simple job..DIY otherwise mech might tell u lies and kena lamb-chop..or pork-chop..
    thanks bro! will definitely try this one. hopefully this will solve the problem. thanks again bro very helpful!

  20. #7670
    jepoy
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    5
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Bros i have a question. Will a Stock revo 5 pipe fit in a spec 3 bike? TIA bros!

  21. #7671
    mgdaubo
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    1
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi all,

    I am new here. I recently got a vtec spec 3 year model 2007. I have gone through 154 pages of this thread to search for the service manual but I found only Japanese version here: http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums...B400-Revo-NC42
    Anyone here got English version could you please share?

    Thank you.

     

     
  22. #7672
    Makiyo Ng
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    A.M.K.
    Posts
    2,378
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Nope bro.......

Page 154 of 154 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •