lovebelow
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Honda Fury 2010

It'a about time.. forward controls, stretched tank, radical chopped-up design. what more can you ask for?

Now let's all hope the fury will be unleashed here on this cruiser-scarced island.

http://powersports.honda.com/furyreveal/#/home
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by lovebelow; 21-01-2009 at 02:08 PM.

jamez
    rides a Silent Blue Fellow
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OMG the detailing is amazing from the pictures.
    i did a search on youtube but to my dismay could not find anything on how this beast sounds like.
    As the times change Harley Davidson is facing quite alot of competition...more so when itz now all EFi and the potato potato potato does not come with it...

adriel
    is in this forum for 9 freaking years and counting !!!!
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jamez View Post
    OMG the detailing is amazing from the pictures.
    i did a search on youtube but to my dismay could not find anything on how this beast sounds like.
    As the times change Harley Davidson is facing quite alot of competition...more so when itz now all EFi and the potato potato potato does not come with it...
    here u go....enjoy....loading takes a while tho....and it gets chopped off halfway.... watch it before it gets pulled off...

http://www.evisor.tv/tv/hersteller/h...cycle-7290.htm
    I . L . T . N . N

boxsurat
    has no status.
    Class 2A
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow it's beautiful.

jamez
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by adriel View Post
    here u go....enjoy....loading takes a while tho....and it gets chopped off halfway.... watch it before it gets pulled off...

nice...but itz kinda a super short clip...nice nonetheless...thanx...

lovebelow
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honda is doing a daring thing by making a chopper. just wondering whether it will be approved here in Sg. apparently, rules are pretty stringent here. was walking around looking for bikes over the weekend and was pretty disappointed that there aren't many cruisers above 400cc available.

nevertheless, it would be cool to see the Fury zipping around this country.

jamez
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lovebelow View Post
    Honda is doing a daring thing by making a chopper. just wondering whether it will be approved here in Sg. apparently, rules are pretty stringent here. was walking around looking for bikes over the weekend and was pretty disappointed that there aren't many cruisers above 400cc available.

nevertheless, it would be cool to see the Fury zipping around this country.
    If the Harley Davidson Rocker can be approved here....i don't see why not the Fury.

lovebelow
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yea let's hope there would be more eccentric-lookin' cruisers here. the 'Classic' look is getting a lil outdated

sgstarrider
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ya lor. the new rage now is custom choppers done by the manufacturers themselves.
    for examples
    honda Fury: VTX design kena chopped
    http://powersports.honda.com/furyrev.../videos/reveal

Yamaha star motors Raider
    http://www.starmotorcycles.com/star/...7/0/video.aspx

Harley Rocker
    http://www.harley-davidson.com/wcm/C...p?locale=en_US

now we wait for Kawa & Suzuki to join the competition wif their own take on custom choppers.
    very intresting indeed i'd say...

stsoh
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by adriel View Post

beautiful bike but ground clearance too low, will be scrapping many humps around sillypore n custom check points.

Harley_Hong
    Bad attitude, Good F**k
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks too similar to Victory's Vegas series.

All as well, ends well.

armofpeace
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will the Fury be released in Singapore coz the Yamaha Raider couldn't pass the LTA regulations due to 'Specs Are Different'...Just wondering if the Fury will pass LTA???...And anyone has any idea of the cost for the Fury???...Cheers...

kmax
    rides bicycle
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1st... exhaust is ugly..

2nd... how far can it go with stretch slim tank and 1300cc v twin?, every petrol stop along NSHW ?

rochi
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kmax View Post
    1st... exhaust is ugly..

2nd... how far can it go with stretch slim tank and 1300cc v twin?, every petrol stop along NSHW ?
    Exhaust? I think many already wants to change the moment they get their hands on it as its very subjective - sound, design, performance etc

Distance? With its 3.4 gallons fuel tank which is about 12.87L, it could reach 200km @ 15.5km/l (which I think this EFI bugger can do much better)

Anyway, its meant to be boulevard bike. The moment you put any luggage on this bugger, you killed it! So its not design for touring (not that it can't)

Two cents if I may, I don't mind owning it but surely I will not pay that much for it - should be a range of mid-$20k. But its a forward move by Honda and its built in Japan as Honda US has shut operations. This is going to come from Honda's new factory in Kumamoto, Japan.
    Me, My bike and Me!

armofpeace
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rochi View Post
    Exhaust? I think many already wants to change the moment they get their hands on it as its very subjective - sound, design, performance etc

Well many Metric riders would do the same if they have the chance to...But i don't see any issue in changing just the end pipes...

Distance? With its 3.4 gallons fuel tank which is about 12.87L, it could reach 200km @ 15.5km/l (which I think this EFI bugger can do much better)

Most riders also don't mind the topping up of fuel coz not many riders actually go for long rides, maybe once in a while, but mostly on Singapore roads...So, that shouldn't be of any problem too...

Anyway, its meant to be boulevard bike. The moment you put any luggage on this bugger, you killed it! So its not design for touring (not that it can't)

For this one, yes, i do have to agree, unless you put on a sissy bar with a tall backrest and you strap the minimum baggage to it..Then it might look like the movie, 'Easy Rider'....again, possibilities...Imaginationa and creativity is very important here...And again, not many riders often go on touring rides...

Two cents if I may, I don't mind owning it but surely I will not pay that much for it - should be a range of mid-$20k. But its a forward move by Honda and its built in Japan as Honda US has shut operations. This is going to come from Honda's new factory in Kumamoto, Japan.
    To each his own...Some riders who have been longing to have a chopper bike, would certainly pay for this one...andit takes away all of the trouble to buy a normal cruiser bike, chopped it up or customised it and try to make it look like a chopper...This is all ready, no hassle...But lastly, will LTA approve of it, now that's the main big question mark???....Cheers...

lovebelow
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well let's just keep our fingers crossed and hopefully it is available here. many beautiful cruiser bikes out there aren't allowed on the roads but you can find the most advanced and latest sporty here. so well, i hope there would be more cruiser variations other than the common phantom, shadow, dragstar and harleys.

fury would definitely be a headturner with its design. but well it might come with a price. but lets hope Honda will not go overboard with the pricing.

danchen
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what's the reason for LTA to reject a chopper bike ?
    too loud ? (but 2T sports bikes are even louder...)
    too fast ? (but sports bikes are wayyyy faster...)
    or too long/fat ? (hmm... but its still not even as long as a car)
    Why !! ?

jamez
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by danchen View Post
    too loud ? (but 2T sports bikes are even louder...)
    Even brand new HDs are not loud...dat issue can be settled with LTA no prob. 2T bikes are not gonna be around for long. Itz not about the sound but more of the emission level stuff...

too fast ? (but sports bikes are wayyyy faster...)
    nah don't think the fury will fail on speed...

or too long/fat ? (hmm... but its still not even as long as a car)
    yeah that may be the case. itz not about comparison with cars. long cars can function so much better the long bikes hehe...as long as some guy at LTA deems that the bike is too dangerous for our precious citizens...well u know.

lovebelow
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i just cant contain my excitement about the Fury. everytime i look at it, i'll fall in love with it all over again. LOL

the beauty will be released this Apr in the US. retailing for US$13K+. well looking at the long wheelbase (71.2 inches), im starting to wonder why the bike might not be approved here. even HD Rocker-C wheelbase is 69 inches.

but damn, i do hope it gets a green light here..fingers crossed xxx

armofpeace
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, to what i feel bro, stop crossing your fingers because it will not pass the LTA test...The body frame is too low for ground clearance...The extended forks is too long for LTA testing...and most important of all the engine specs may not meet to Singapore's regulations...so, it'll be the same story as the Yamaha Raider 1900cc, coz specs are different....Cheers bro...

lovebelow
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha oh well. pipe dreams. i hope for more interesting cruisers to hit our island. and hopefully, with the midnight star 950, there would be more models coming this year.

armofpeace
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha oh well. pipe dreams. i hope for more interesting cruisers to hit our island. and hopefully, with the midnight star 950, there would be more models coming this year.
    We all are hoping too bro...So far, the latest 2 new designs that really hit the market for chopper/cruiser metrics is the Yamaha Raider 1900cc and now the Honda Fury 1300cc....Other than that, i guess we have to wait until the metric manufacturers come up with new designs, specifications and extremity, so that we all can also take our pick in the one we really like...CHeers...

broEd
    is looking for missing items. if there any.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

heard that the Triumph 2010 Tunderbird will be coming on March.
    Need to check with Mah motor.

Terrible One
    has plenty of de-greasing to do on his new bike
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the turn signals gotta go man..

Riot-Bike Co.

Need sidecar for wedding photoshoot? PM me

Nomad
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Terrible One View Post
    the turn signals gotta go man..

I totally agree!!!
    It reminds me of the old Magna turn signals.
    As claimed, There's a need to drive when we have a Family. But all that is needed to ride is Dream... Many are still dreaming about it.

Nomad
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by armofpeace View Post
    Well, to what i feel bro, stop crossing your fingers because it will not pass the LTA test...The body frame is too low for ground clearance...The extended forks is too long for LTA testing...and most important of all the engine specs may not meet to Singapore's regulations...so, it'll be the same story as the Yamaha Raider 1900cc, coz specs are different....Cheers bro...
    It's more towards demand lah. look at the roads. there are more roadbikes, sports, sports tour and touring bikes. Cruiser/Choppers are niche.

The Honda Steed has a wheelbase of 63inches
    The Yamaha Raider has a wheelbase of 70.9inches
    7.9inches is merely the distance between the tip of my thumb to the tip of my middle finger. How big a distance will it take up on the road? most to most we keep the safety distance closer while waiting for the green light lor. A Hayabusa's ground clearance is only 4.7inches. that's not inclusive of rider's weight. even if the Fury has the same ground clearance, they should approve it too right?
    As claimed, There's a need to drive when we have a Family. But all that is needed to ride is Dream... Many are still dreaming about it.

lovebelow
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by broEd View Post
    heard that the Triumph 2010 Tunderbird will be coming on March.
    Need to check with Mah motor.
    The Triumph Thunderbird (hate the name) looks really nice. hopefully price tag would be affordable enough. but there are saying that Triumph bikes aren't that reliable and parts/ accessories cost a bomb

lovebelow
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    It's more towards demand lah. look at the roads. there are more roadbikes, sports, sports tour and touring bikes. Cruiser/Choppers are niche.

The Honda Steed has a wheelbase of 63inches
    The Yamaha Raider has a wheelbase of 70.9inches
    7.9inches is merely the distance between the tip of my thumb to the tip of my middle finger. How big a distance will it take up on the road? most to most we keep the safety distance closer while waiting for the green light lor. A Hayabusa's ground clearance is only 4.7inches. that's not inclusive of rider's weight. even if the Fury has the same ground clearance, they should approve it too right?
    i have to agree with u that demand plays a part here. most of the people i know usually say cruisers are for 'ah peks'. wtf. such narrow minded thinking. u dun need to hate other bike makes to love your own ride! true there are more roadsters and sportsters here in singapore. maybe demand is explaining why bikes like Fury and Raider aren't available here. if you look at the available cruisers here, its all the 'play safe' models. the ones which will appeal to the majority. shadows, dragstars, phantoms, boulevards, etc. all generic look. the kinda classic look which can never go wrong with the masses.

only HDs possibly, due to its branding and recognition,is able to sell the out-of-norm cruisers (rocker-c, vrods). some of us who cant afford a HD would love these radical jap models (many say fury is a copycat of rocker-c and suzuki boulevard M-series is copying vrod. but who cares rite?).

so LTA laws or the law of economics, seriously, the cruiser segment here need to be rejuvenise.

ziggy_ziggz
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i see a light at the end of the tunnel ~~!!

ziggy_ziggz
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by nomad View Post
    it's more towards demand lah. Look at the roads. There are more roadbikes, sports, sports tour and touring bikes. Cruiser/choppers are niche.

The honda steed has a wheelbase of 63inches
    the yamaha raider has a wheelbase of 70.9inches
    7.9inches is merely the distance between the tip of my thumb to the tip of my middle finger. How big a distance will it take up on the road? Most to most we keep the safety distance closer while waiting for the green light lor. a hayabusa's ground clearance is only 4.7inches. That's not inclusive of rider's weight. Even if the fury has the same ground clearance, they should approve it too right?
    i vote yes !!

armofpeace
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy_ziggz View Post
    i vote yes !!
    Me too, let's rally and get the RAIDER & FURY allowed to be shipped into Singapore and LTA approved too for Singapore roads...I'm voting a super big YES!!!!!!!!!!!

lovebelow
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

definitely a YES for me. i'll get either one if they arrive!

armofpeace
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

definitely a YES for me. i'll get either one if they arrive!
    But if neither one passes LTA, would you go for the next best thing, the MidnightStar 950???...

kiss29
    has no status.
    Class 2A
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yamaha Vmax too expensive. $50k is not my cup of tea.
    Yamaha raider is just a normal cruiser wanabee.
    The Harley rocker looks just like a typical Harley. Nothing special...

But this Honda Fury is something wild.
    Totally Custom look with its long fork and the empty space below the headstock!
    IF is does sell below $20k...I will get one for the poser ride!
    Can live my dream of owing a bike like those from the discovery channel "America Chopper, OCC"

armofpeace
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kiss29 View Post
    Yamaha Vmax too expensive. $50k is not my cup of tea.
    Yamaha raider is just a normal cruiser wanabee.
    The Harley rocker looks just like a typical Harley. Nothing special...

But this Honda Fury is something wild.
    Totally Custom look with its long fork and the empty space below the headstock!
    IF is does sell below $20k...I will get one for the poser ride!
    Can live my dream of owing a bike like those from the discovery channel "America Chopper, OCC"
    Bro, I think you might be disappointed coz it might not pass LTA but if it does, you'll be disappointed still coz it would be more than S$20K...But no worries, you can still blow up the FURY poster and be the poser you want to be...No worries on that one bro, LTA sure approve one, hehehehe....

adriel
    is in this forum for 9 freaking years and counting !!!!
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bro, I think you might be disappointed coz it might not pass LTA but if it does, you'll be disappointed still coz it would be more than S$20K...But no worries, you can still blow up the FURY poster and be the poser you want to be...No worries on that one bro, LTA sure approve one, hehehehe....
    hahhaha.......
    I . L . T . N . N

lovebelow
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But if neither one passes LTA, would you go for the next best thing, the MidnightStar 950???...
    midnight star 950 is a nice lookin bike but im looking for more of the lean types of cruisers now. something like a dyna as oppposed to softail for HD. thus my craze to raw-looking ones like Fury

armofpeace
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

midnight star 950 is a nice lookin bike but im looking for more of the lean types of cruisers now. something like a dyna as oppposed to softail for HD. thus my craze to raw-looking ones like Fury
    Well, there's two ways you can have that raw-looking lean typed cruisers....Option 1, get a dyna, Option 2, wait long long for the FURY, and a special option, if you don't have the extra $$$ for the Dyna and if the FURY never make it to our shore, then chop up and customise your cruiser to have it to what you want lah bro....So hope the options help you in your search for that dream bike....Cheers...

deckard
    is into leather
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice, can put stuff under the downtube
    Always ride safely and defensively.
    Repair bike cheap and fast,
    Repair body expensive and slow.

There is only one best mechanic for your bike...YOU

Terrible One
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Riot-Bike Co.

lovebelow
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

damn damn damn. always makin my heart race faster just by lookin at it. and i dun mean the b*tch.

Baal
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It'a about time.. forward controls, stretched tank, radical chopped-up design. what more can you ask for?

Now let's all hope the fury will be unleashed here on this cruiser-scarced island.

http://powersports.honda.com/furyreveal/#/home
    wow, very chio.

Maybe now I should get a Steed now to see if I dig the cruiser concept.

The last thing I want tis to commit $20 ++ k & then regret & have to sell at major loss. But its really nice. Small tank no prob for me. I 99.9% in SG.
    Shaft & liquid cooled.

Really swee, I will choose this over the 950 / 1300 midnight Star.
    1997 TZR 125 - 1998 FZ 150 - 1999 GSXR 400K - 1999 RX 100 - 2000 LC 125 - 2001 TZR 125 - 2002 CB 400 Ver S - 2006 CBR 929 - 2006 GETZ 1.4 - 2009 STEED 400 - 2016 ???

Riders ride to work. Drivers work to drive.

Baal
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i just cant contain my excitement about the Fury. everytime i look at it, i'll fall in love with it all over again. LOL

the beauty will be released this Apr in the US. retailing for US$13K+. well looking at the long wheelbase (71.2 inches), im starting to wonder why the bike might not be approved here. even HD Rocker-C wheelbase is 69 inches.

but damn, i do hope it gets a green light here..fingers crossed xxx
    Agree.

Not as though the forks stretch out sooooo far in front like the "Hell Angels" style.

......hmmm......i may really need a Steed for Cruiser riding training......
    1997 TZR 125 - 1998 FZ 150 - 1999 GSXR 400K - 1999 RX 100 - 2000 LC 125 - 2001 TZR 125 - 2002 CB 400 Ver S - 2006 CBR 929 - 2006 GETZ 1.4 - 2009 STEED 400 - 2016 ???

lovebelow
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

every single day, i would be reading up about Fury. hoping that there would be some breaking news about it reaching the asian market. the folks in US have already gotten their ride and they seem like happy americanos. its retailing for around US12K. pretty affordable for those who wanna a cruiser/ chopper hybrid.

however, my gut feel tells me that Fury will never arrive on our shores. just like the beautiful yamaha raider and suzuki m109.

Terrible One
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

however, my gut feel tells me that Fury will never arrive on our shores. just like the beautiful yamaha raider and suzuki m109.

There's one M109 here
    Riot-Bike Co.

Baal
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

every single day, i would be reading up about Fury. hoping that there would be some breaking news about it reaching the asian market. the folks in US have already gotten their ride and they seem like happy americanos. its retailing for around US12K. pretty affordable for those who wanna a cruiser/ chopper hybrid.

Sigh.....this cantry is like that.

lovebelow
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's one M109 here
    which shop is sole distributor for that?

nights
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

which shop is sole distributor for that?
    You can find it at Loois Motor if it is still on display in its showroom. One orange piece was sold to a foreign guy here or so I heard.
    Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.

thenation
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's one M109 here
    I've seen one at little india, rider looked local. Wearing slippers and shorts too

madman
    misses his VLX600...
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

so fury nvr gonna reach here ah? wasted, nice looking ride man.

Contact me at 9858 6442 (madman) 9845 6442 (Babycakes)
    Visit me at www.Fat2FitChallenge.com or add me in FB nutrition4u.sg

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast