User Tag List

Thread: Crime Alert - Annual Crime Brief 2008

Crime Prevention Message
    Crime Prevention Message
    has no status.
    Edit

Default Crime Alert - Annual Crime Brief 2008

Please see attachment for more information.
    Attached Files Attached Files

SINGHOG
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Brand new 2009 harley davidson fatboy stolen in jb!

On Sunday, 8th February 2009, I parked my motorcycle at the open-air carpark outside Tesco at AEON Tebrau City. When I returned after shopping, I found my vehicle missing. When I tried to inform the security of the incident, I was met with security guards who did not know what to do. I eventually went to customer service, told them of the incident and asked to see the Manager of Tesco’s. The head of security was eventually called and they told me to lodge a police report. I was also shown a CCTV recording of the motorcycle being stolen.

I was shocked to see the perpetrators break my steering lock and with the aid of another motorcycle and someone on mine, drag the vehicle out. This happened at noon in broad daylight, with a large Sunday crowd and in full view of everyone. The head of security at Tesco’s remarked that the incident should not have happened as guards were meant to be patrolling that particular area.

At the police station, I was even more shocked to find out that vehicle thefts were very common at that particular shopping centre with the last motorcycle theft only two days prior to mine. Under these circumstances, I was appalled to witness and experience such lack of security and an almost nonchalant attitude towards this sort of crime.

I remember an article in the Straits Time dated Oct 02, 2008, with the Johor police chief assuring Singaporeans that JB is safe and that measures were in place to deal with Singaporeans in distress, such as a 24-hour hotline manned by an assistant superintendent. I tried calling the hotline while trying to lodge the police report but it was manned by someone who did even know the purpose of the hotline, let alone understanding the theft of my vehicle.

This incident has made me truly appreciate the security and safety we have in Singapore

clowny_lover@hotmail.com
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

very well said, hope this doesnt happen again