User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 135

Thread: [Discussion] Tyres for 4 Wheelers

  1. #1
    william_liu
    has no status.
    SBF Scooters william_liu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    B.B - S'pore
    Posts
    17,792
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Post [Discussion] Tyres for 4 Wheelers



    Starting this thread to discuss all things regarding 4 wheelers' tyres!

    Maybe I'll start by asking the 1st question:

    What is the best tyres (in terms of comfort/noise + price/value + dry/wet performance) have you tried and recommend so far!

    Well I'm quite a newbie, so I can only comment on the Kumho Ecsta SPT that I have been using for about 2000+ kms on my Picanto so far...

    Confident in the wet and superb in the dry, pricing is very affordable for a UHP tire, noise-wise is still quite good on smooth roads, I think this tyre is quite worth it!
    Even the smallest spark can start a massive forest fire...

    Quotable Quotes: If you ride a motorcycle often, you will be killed riding it. That much is as sure as night follows day. Your responsibility is to be vigilant and careful as to continue to push that eventuality so far forward that you die of old age first

  2. #2
    MS
    is celebrating life.
    TeePee MS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Schweinfurt, Stuttgart, Friedrichshafen
    Posts
    3,485
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by william_liu View Post
    Starting this thread to discuss all things regarding 4 wheelers' tyres!

    Maybe I'll start by asking the 1st question:

    What is the best tyres (in terms of comfort/noise + price/value + dry/wet performance) have you tried and recommend so far!

    Well I'm quite a newbie, so I can only comment on the Kumho Ecsta SPT that I have been using for about 2000+ kms on my Picanto so far...

    Confident in the wet and superb in the dry, pricing is very affordable for a UHP tire, noise-wise is still quite good on smooth roads, I think this tyre is quite worth it!
    Some things to get straight. There's no free lunch in the world. And to get something that gives excellent performance, traction, you need to understand that it will likely be noisy and not cheap. Of course vice versa.

    Just remember the following when replacing tyres.
    (1) Clean the rims
    (2) Off vehicle balancing after fitting tyres.
    (3) On vehicle balancing after fitting up the wheels. aka high speed balancing. It will help to reduce or eliminate steering vibration on higher speeds.

    A lot of people don't do (3). Perhaps ask them for a complimentry service when you buy tyres from them. Check out the individual tyre maker for your make, size and tyre speed rating. Their websites should give you an excellent explanation on the tyre performance.

    In my personal preference, I used Michelin Pilot Primacy and Continental Sportkontact 2 for the roads and track. Both are just as good and lasting for my drive and my wheel alignment specs. I should stick to them or get Goodyear Asymetric most likely next.

    Do Not Tailgate Me!

     

     
  3. #3
    chivas
    has no status.
    TeePee chivas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    mars
    Posts
    4,027
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    had tried Hankook Ventus RS-2... veryx2 good dry grip, good for ppl who likes to play hard cornering .... wet grip above average, wont give u the hairy feelings when braking... noise level noisy tryes... hahaha...
    now using ventus V8-RS... good dry & wet grip.... but the trye will tend to flex when corner hard, so will feel that the car is bouncy(soft trye walls).... noise level.. low..
    U may have a F$#K UP Boss..
    Be thankful..
    Coz there are worse ones out there.....






  4. #4
    MinistryofAlex
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    3,503
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i had tried

    michelin pilot sports: Gd wet/dry, but wear out very fast with agressive camber, currently kinda expensive due to exchange rate, decent side walls.

    Dunlop Dz-101: Decent street tires, acceptable during wet and dry, normal side walls, Cheap and made in JEPUN.

    R888 : Freaking sticky tires on track after warm up, nv tried on wet surface, Acceptable price for a track tires.
    Last edited by MinistryofAlex; 18-02-2009 at 11:55 AM.

  5. #5
    MinistryofAlex
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    3,503
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Other brands that gave gd reviews by other forumers:

    RE070: Highly recommended, Gd wet/dry, gd side wall, able to use for street and track, Acceptable price, Too bad dis-con.

    RE001: Gd wet/dry, normal walls, decent for streets+some track, Expensive.

    Federal 595: Gd dry/ decent wet, average walls, acceptable noise with HU blasting, Gd thing is bloody cheap as it's made in taiwan.

    Goodyear Revspec: Gd wet/dry, claim lesser noise, average price, no comments during corning.

    Eagle F1: Some say gd some say not gd, some say MIG better than sawadikup land, afterall the price from thailand is not cheap anyway.

  6. #6
    MinistryofAlex
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    3,503
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chivas View Post
    had tried Hankook Ventus RS-2... veryx2 good dry grip, good for ppl who likes to play hard cornering .... wet grip above average, wont give u the hairy feelings when braking... noise level noisy tryes... hahaha...
    now using ventus V8-RS... good dry & wet grip.... but the trye will tend to flex when corner hard, so will feel that the car is bouncy(soft trye walls).... noise level.. low..
    mind to share roughly how much each according to your rim size?

  7. #7
    West Spec
    Huh Simi Lai Eh?
    TeePee West Spec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    WesT Side Rider
    Posts
    4,083
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MinistryofAlex View Post
    Other brands that gave gd reviews by other forumers:

    RE070: Highly recommended, Gd wet/dry, gd side wall, able to use for street and track, Acceptable price, Too bad dis-con.

    RE001: Gd wet/dry, normal walls, decent for streets+some track, Expensive.

    Federal 595: Gd dry/ decent wet, average walls, acceptable noise with HU blasting, Gd thing is bloody cheap as it's made in taiwan.

    Goodyear Revspec: Gd wet/dry, claim lesser noise, average price, no comments during corning.

    Eagle F1: Some say gd some say not gd, some say MIG better than sawadikup land, afterall the price from thailand is not cheap anyway.
    oh to add on Eagle F1 there is e Asymmetric n e GSD3 model series.

    The Light Began to dim.. Music Fading out.. I Begin to Miss You
    ......................The Visual Cycle..........................

  8. #8
    chivas
    has no status.
    TeePee chivas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    mars
    Posts
    4,027
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by MinistryofAlex View Post
    mind to share roughly how much each according to your rim size?
    im using 205/50/16 .....
    RS2 i think about 150++ back @ 2006 when i was using it....
    V8-RS was also 150++ but i changed them last yr july...
    U may have a F$#K UP Boss..
    Be thankful..
    Coz there are worse ones out there.....






  9. #9
    initial_fire82
    has no status.
    Class 2B initial_fire82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    377
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i using yokohama advan ad07 dry good wet like f*ck
    next maybe going to try bridgestone 001r

  10. #10
    MinistryofAlex
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    3,503
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    y wet like F? always fish tail?

  11. #11
    Terrible One
    has plenty of de-greasing to do on his new bike
    SBF Scooters Terrible One's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Hotel 81
    Posts
    3,705
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MS View Post
    Just remember the following when replacing tyres.
    (1) Clean the rims
    (2) Off vehicle balancing after fitting tyres.
    (3) On vehicle balancing after fitting up the wheels. aka high speed balancing. It will help to reduce or eliminate steering vibration on higher speeds.
    Just to add.. Make sure they change ur tyre valve too.. If got colored dot(usually red or yellow) make sure that it's align to the valve..



    If you change to different sized rim you might need to check your wheel alignment also.. Some shops throw it in with point 3 MS mentioned.
    Riot-Bike Co.



    Need sidecar for wedding photoshoot? PM me

     

     
  12. #12
    MS
    is celebrating life.
    TeePee MS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Schweinfurt, Stuttgart, Friedrichshafen
    Posts
    3,485
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Terrible One View Post
    Just to add.. Make sure they change ur tyre valve too.. If got colored dot(usually red or yellow) make sure that it's align to the valve..



    If you change to different sized rim you might need to check your wheel alignment also.. Some shops throw it in with point 3 MS mentioned.
    There seems to be a lot of room for complimentry services when you change tyres.

    Do Not Tailgate Me!

  13. #13
    vtec88
    TRUST nothin but the BEST for his Bike--> BROQUET Fuel Charger !!!
    SBF Lacer vtec88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    SillyPore
    Posts
    8,814
    Feedback Score
    128 (99%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    wat the reason for that bro??


    Quote Originally Posted by Terrible One View Post
    Just to add.. Make sure they change ur tyre valve too.. If got colored dot(usually red or yellow) make sure that it's align to the valve..



    If you change to different sized rim you might need to check your wheel alignment also.. Some shops throw it in with point 3 MS mentioned.

  14. #14
    newbie
    newbie
    has no status.
    Edit
    Guest

    Default

    the reason for the dot to be with the valve is to compensate for the weight difference in balancing of the tyres cos the valve section is reinforced

  15. #15
    stanboy
    has no status.
    SBF CB400s stanboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    4,559
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MinistryofAlex View Post
    Other brands that gave gd reviews by other forumers:

    RE070: Highly recommended, Gd wet/dry, gd side wall, able to use for street and track, Acceptable price, Too bad dis-con.

    RE001: Gd wet/dry, normal walls, decent for streets+some track, Expensive.

    Federal 595: Gd dry/ decent wet, average walls, acceptable noise with HU blasting, Gd thing is bloody cheap as it's made in taiwan.

    Goodyear Revspec: Gd wet/dry, claim lesser noise, average price, no comments during corning.

    Eagle F1: Some say gd some say not gd, some say MIG better than sawadikup land, afterall the price from thailand is not cheap anyway.
    Federal 595 is what model?coz 595RS is not really that cheap though..595RS is very good in dry...tracked with it and it grips like dunno what..wet wise its not bad..but its ard 120-130 range/pc for 195/50/R15..
    wheres my siggy?!?!

  16. #16
    Marcng
    has no status.
    Class 2
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    SGP
    Posts
    1,190
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ad07 or Rs2 Both not bad....but prefer ad07 as it not so noisy compare to RS2...
    GhostRider3 Is Out For more info or a copy can PM me.

  17. #17
    MinistryofAlex
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    3,503
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stanboy View Post
    Federal 595 is what model?coz 595RS is not really that cheap though..595RS is very good in dry...tracked with it and it grips like dunno what..wet wise its not bad..but its ard 120-130 range/pc for 195/50/R15..
    you must joking... 595rs is dirt cheap if u compare with others

  18. #18
    MinistryofAlex
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    3,503
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marcng View Post
    Ad07 or Rs2 Both not bad....but prefer ad07 as it not so noisy compare to RS2...
    AD07

  19. #19
    stanboy
    has no status.
    SBF CB400s stanboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    4,559
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MinistryofAlex View Post
    you must joking... 595rs is dirt cheap if u compare with others
    i think dirt cheap will be tyres that cost <90?am not cpomparing to those super hi-end tyres though..anywayz i just saying not cheap but not saying its very ex..apologise if my comments offend you in any way..peace
    wheres my siggy?&#33;?&#33;

  20. #20
    cougar
    wears a pilot style helmet
    TeePee cougar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Geylang Durian
    Posts
    4,745
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    whats the difference between tyre balancing and wheel alignment har? How much does it cost to do the two? I heard nowadays have to use Hunter lazer alignment to do, cannot eyeball wan. My last tyre change reached 10k liao, time to do some adjustment thingy, but dunno where is good for this service.

    *人 在 江 湖 *敲 锣 打 鼓 *


    嘴讲兰派爽! The World would be a better place if karma exists.

  21. #21
    Terrible One
    has plenty of de-greasing to do on his new bike
    SBF Scooters Terrible One's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Hotel 81
    Posts
    3,705
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cougar View Post
    whats the difference between tyre balancing and wheel alignment har? How much does it cost to do the two? I heard nowadays have to use Hunter lazer alignment to do, cannot eyeball wan. My last tyre change reached 10k liao, time to do some adjustment thingy, but dunno where is good for this service.
    Wheel balancing is to add weights to the lighter part of the wheel to make sure the weight is evenly distributed,so as to prevent wobbles when driving at higher speed.. Alignment is basically to make your wheels straight,but ppl who do track days might have different setting)..

    Don't need to do alignment unless your car pull to one side when you release your steering wheel or ur tyre show signs of unevern wear.. Most of the time the alignment will only go off when ppl lower ther suspension or had an accident.. So if no problem,dun fix it unless they offer this service for free..

    I did mine at Riverview for $30.. other places usually $40 and above..
    Riot-Bike Co.



    Need sidecar for wedding photoshoot? PM me

     

     
  22. #22
    cougar
    wears a pilot style helmet
    TeePee cougar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Geylang Durian
    Posts
    4,745
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Terrible One View Post
    Wheel balancing is to add weights to the lighter part of the wheel to make sure the weight is evenly distributed,so as to prevent wobbles when driving at higher speed.. Alignment is basically to make your wheels straight,but ppl who do track days might have different setting)..

    Don't need to do alignment unless your car pull to one side when you release your steering wheel or ur tyre show signs of unevern wear.. Most of the time the alignment will only go off when ppl lower ther suspension or had an accident.. So if no problem,dun fix it unless they offer this service for free..

    I did mine at Riverview for $30.. other places usually $40 and above..

    Oic, very logical. So if do tyre rotation, need to do wheel alignment?

    *人 在 江 湖 *敲 锣 打 鼓 *


    嘴讲兰派爽! The World would be a better place if karma exists.

  23. #23
    Vonmuck
    lives to ride!
    Class 2 Vonmuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,340
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cougar View Post
    Oic, very logical. So if do tyre rotation, need to do wheel alignment?
    Tyre rotations is recommended every 10K.
    Wheel alignment is usually not needed, unless you find uneven wear on the tyres or the car pulls to one side. Or when you change your suspensions.


    anyway back to the topic, i strongly recommended RE001, really great tyres.
    Slow down abit, smell the air and enjoy the scenery.

    Caught the touring bug once again!

    http://www.michelinmotorcycle.com/img/sport_comparo_lg.jpg

  24. #24
    MinistryofAlex
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    3,503
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stanboy View Post
    i think dirt cheap will be tyres that cost <90?am not cpomparing to those super hi-end tyres though..anywayz i just saying not cheap but not saying its very ex..apologise if my comments offend you in any way..peace

    relax man u didn't offended anyone, 595rs can use for track so if you place it beside a price for RE050 can see the price difference.

    i assume you're looking at the price of a 15", you'll nv find a tire @ $90 for 17" and above unless we're toking abt brandless indo tires.

  25. #25
    MinistryofAlex
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    3,503
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Terrible One View Post
    Wheel balancing is to add weights to the lighter part of the wheel to make sure the weight is evenly distributed,so as to prevent wobbles when driving at higher speed.. Alignment is basically to make your wheels straight,but ppl who do track days might have different setting)..

    Don't need to do alignment unless your car pull to one side when you release your steering wheel or ur tyre show signs of unevern wear.. Most of the time the alignment will only go off when ppl lower ther suspension or had an accident.. So if no problem,dun fix it unless they offer this service for free..

    I did mine at Riverview for $30.. other places usually $40 and above..
    i 2nd that, i find alignment is very impt regardless of tracking anot. Alignment will run even u dun track just by normal daily driving.

  26. #26
    MinistryofAlex
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    3,503
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    No offense to anyone...

    Touch wood, when your car spin or accident happen then come and see why the tires no full contact, then some uneven wear and tear but at point you will ask why save that peanut dough on balance and alignment in the first place.

    Just like bikes, tires, brakes, handling is something you shouldn't save on. Can't afford it dun drive or ride. Dun when accident happen cause yourself and other innocent ppl to suffer just becoz of your mistake.

    Cheers

  27. #27
    stanboy
    has no status.
    SBF CB400s stanboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    4,559
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MinistryofAlex View Post
    relax man u didn't offended anyone, 595rs can use for track so if you place it beside a price for RE050 can see the price difference.

    i assume you're looking at the price of a 15", you'll nv find a tire @ $90 for 17" and above unless we're toking abt brandless indo tires.
    yup yup...was refering to 15"..anyway relax relax ah..big tyre prices are scary.. (o.O")
    wheres my siggy?&#33;?&#33;

  28. #28
    Tyrian
    has no status.
    SBF Lacer Tyrian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    5,332
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    speaking about tires, which set gives the quietest ride among all?
    05.04 - 08.04: Honda Wave S (FV)
    08.04 - 05.09: Honda Version S (FP)
    09.08 - 08.10: Honda ESi 4dr (SBV)
    04.11 - 02.12: Ducati 749 (FY)
    05.09 - 07.14: Honda Wave X (FBD)
    07.14 - 09.15: Yamaha Tmax 530 (FBH)
    11.13 - 09.15: Honda City (SGA)

    09.15 - Current: Honda Jazz (SKV)

  29. #29
    vtec88
    TRUST nothin but the BEST for his Bike--> BROQUET Fuel Charger !!!
    SBF Lacer vtec88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    SillyPore
    Posts
    8,814
    Feedback Score
    128 (99%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    heard Hankook is very quiet..Model V8!!

  30. #30
    stanboy
    has no status.
    SBF CB400s stanboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    4,559
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    595RSR 195/50/15 current price @ $135/pc.. =)
    wheres my siggy?&#33;?&#33;

  31. #31
    wait4me
    my friend's , friend is my enemy
    SBF Lacer wait4me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    the far east
    Posts
    39,738
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    hankook new brand ah ?
    一路向北 4 EVER , my friend



     

     
  32. #32
    Tyrian
    has no status.
    SBF Lacer Tyrian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    5,332
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    what i understand is, good grip tires are noisy?
    05.04 - 08.04: Honda Wave S (FV)
    08.04 - 05.09: Honda Version S (FP)
    09.08 - 08.10: Honda ESi 4dr (SBV)
    04.11 - 02.12: Ducati 749 (FY)
    05.09 - 07.14: Honda Wave X (FBD)
    07.14 - 09.15: Yamaha Tmax 530 (FBH)
    11.13 - 09.15: Honda City (SGA)

    09.15 - Current: Honda Jazz (SKV)

  33. #33
    MinistryofAlex
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    3,503
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrian View Post
    what i understand is, good grip tires are noisy?
    well good grip street tires are sorta noisy but recently there's a reivew on CSC3 that is quieter but i yet try it out. So far RE001, PS2, 595RSR, DZ101 are not quiet tires.

  34. #34
    Tyrian
    has no status.
    SBF Lacer Tyrian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    5,332
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MinistryofAlex View Post
    well good grip street tires are sorta noisy but recently there's a reivew on CSC3 that is quieter but i yet try it out. So far RE001, PS2, 595RSR, DZ101 are not quiet tires.
    too much technical terms already, can explain what's those tire model that u've mentioned?
    05.04 - 08.04: Honda Wave S (FV)
    08.04 - 05.09: Honda Version S (FP)
    09.08 - 08.10: Honda ESi 4dr (SBV)
    04.11 - 02.12: Ducati 749 (FY)
    05.09 - 07.14: Honda Wave X (FBD)
    07.14 - 09.15: Yamaha Tmax 530 (FBH)
    11.13 - 09.15: Honda City (SGA)

    09.15 - Current: Honda Jazz (SKV)

  35. #35
    stanboy
    has no status.
    SBF CB400s stanboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    4,559
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MinistryofAlex View Post
    well good grip street tires are sorta noisy but recently there's a reivew on CSC3 that is quieter but i yet try it out. So far RE001, PS2, 595RSR, DZ101 are not quiet tires.
    595 can get quite noisy as it wears...gotta crank up my ICE when crusing on expreeway..
    wheres my siggy?&#33;?&#33;

  36. #36
    starr
    has no status.
    TeePee starr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Woodlands, Simei, Sg.
    Posts
    3,040
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    potenza will do for my ride. =) sticky when i want it to be and trustworthy when raining. =)
    Faster than fast,
    Quicker than quick.

  37. #37
    fmx
    has no status.
    P Plate fmx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    65
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    quiet tyres compromise on traction and sidewalls eg. yoko dna es501

    hankook is made in korea but same price as made in japan tyres, so far reviews have been good.

    one of the 'cheap & good' tyre brand is kumho.

  38. #38
    West Spec
    Huh Simi Lai Eh?
    TeePee West Spec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    WesT Side Rider
    Posts
    4,083
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrian View Post
    too much technical terms already, can explain what's those tire model that u've mentioned?
    CS3 = Continental ContiSportContact 3
    RE001 = Bridgestone Pontenza RE001
    PS2 = Michelin Pilot Sport 2
    595RSR = Ferderal 595RSR
    DZ101 = Dunlop Direzza DZ101




    Last edited by West Spec; 25-05-2009 at 10:43 PM.

    The Light Began to dim.. Music Fading out.. I Begin to Miss You
    ......................The Visual Cycle..........................

  39. #39
    Tyrian
    has no status.
    SBF Lacer Tyrian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    5,332
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fmx View Post
    quiet tyres compromise on traction and sidewalls eg. yoko dna es501

    hankook is made in korea but same price as made in japan tyres, so far reviews have been good.

    one of the 'cheap & good' tyre brand is kumho.
    sorry noob here

    more quiet = less grip

    more grip = less quiet?
    05.04 - 08.04: Honda Wave S (FV)
    08.04 - 05.09: Honda Version S (FP)
    09.08 - 08.10: Honda ESi 4dr (SBV)
    04.11 - 02.12: Ducati 749 (FY)
    05.09 - 07.14: Honda Wave X (FBD)
    07.14 - 09.15: Yamaha Tmax 530 (FBH)
    11.13 - 09.15: Honda City (SGA)

    09.15 - Current: Honda Jazz (SKV)

  40. #40
    Tyrian
    has no status.
    SBF Lacer Tyrian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    5,332
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by West Spec View Post
    CS3 = Continental ContiSportContact 3
    RE001 = Bridgestone Pontenza RE001
    PS2 = Michelin Pilot Sport 2
    595RSR = Ferderal 595RSR
    DZ101 = Dunlop Direzza DZ101




    the 4th tire looks like a dunlop for super 4
    05.04 - 08.04: Honda Wave S (FV)
    08.04 - 05.09: Honda Version S (FP)
    09.08 - 08.10: Honda ESi 4dr (SBV)
    04.11 - 02.12: Ducati 749 (FY)
    05.09 - 07.14: Honda Wave X (FBD)
    07.14 - 09.15: Yamaha Tmax 530 (FBH)
    11.13 - 09.15: Honda City (SGA)

    09.15 - Current: Honda Jazz (SKV)

  41. #41
    wait4me
    my friend's , friend is my enemy
    SBF Lacer wait4me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    the far east
    Posts
    39,738
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    how much are hankook tires?
    一路向北 4 EVER , my friend



     

     
  42. #42
    MinistryofAlex
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    3,503
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrian View Post
    sorry noob here

    more quiet = less grip

    more grip = less quiet?
    not true depending on wat model

  43. #43
    MinistryofAlex
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    3,503
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wait4me View Post
    how much are hankook tires?

    dunno call their shop and ask? i nv use hankook b4

  44. #44
    MinistryofAlex
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    3,503
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stanboy View Post
    595 can get quite noisy as it wears...gotta crank up my ICE when crusing on expreeway..
    is cheap thats why so kb but overall is still 1 of the cheapest tires with decent grip for street

  45. #45
    MinistryofAlex
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    3,503
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrian View Post
    the 4th tire looks like a dunlop for super 4
    hahaha i'm using that now, that tire CMI on track with high speed.

  46. #46
    yctradingsg
    has no status.
    SBF Lacer yctradingsg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    CCK
    Posts
    9,710
    Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    michelin PP is good!!
    so are the RE001s.
    good grip in dry and wet.

  47. #47
    MinistryofAlex
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    3,503
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yctradingsg View Post
    michelin PP is good!!
    so are the RE001s.
    good grip in dry and wet.
    agree, especially when PP is like 60% or less it grip like semi. But for 1 thing sure it run out fast, at least for mine

  48. #48
    West Spec
    Huh Simi Lai Eh?
    TeePee West Spec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    WesT Side Rider
    Posts
    4,083
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrian View Post
    the 4th tire looks like a dunlop for super 4
    4th tire fr e pic is e Federal tire.. hmm looks like S4 tires r u referin to e GPR tire
    Quote Originally Posted by MinistryofAlex View Post
    hahaha i'm using that now, that tire CMI on track with high speed.
    sama sama lah.. i am using e DZ101 now too but soon to change...

    The Light Began to dim.. Music Fading out.. I Begin to Miss You
    ......................The Visual Cycle..........................

  49. #49
    Tyrian
    has no status.
    SBF Lacer Tyrian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    5,332
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MinistryofAlex View Post
    not true depending on wat model
    so does it means

    more grip + more quiet = more expensive?
    05.04 - 08.04: Honda Wave S (FV)
    08.04 - 05.09: Honda Version S (FP)
    09.08 - 08.10: Honda ESi 4dr (SBV)
    04.11 - 02.12: Ducati 749 (FY)
    05.09 - 07.14: Honda Wave X (FBD)
    07.14 - 09.15: Yamaha Tmax 530 (FBH)
    11.13 - 09.15: Honda City (SGA)

    09.15 - Current: Honda Jazz (SKV)

  50. #50
    Tyrian
    has no status.
    SBF Lacer Tyrian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    5,332
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MinistryofAlex View Post
    hahaha i'm using that now, that tire CMI on track with high speed.
    i dun track, so it doesn't matter
    05.04 - 08.04: Honda Wave S (FV)
    08.04 - 05.09: Honda Version S (FP)
    09.08 - 08.10: Honda ESi 4dr (SBV)
    04.11 - 02.12: Ducati 749 (FY)
    05.09 - 07.14: Honda Wave X (FBD)
    07.14 - 09.15: Yamaha Tmax 530 (FBH)
    11.13 - 09.15: Honda City (SGA)

    09.15 - Current: Honda Jazz (SKV)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •