rrr
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default sin min ruling is a disgrace

I've read the posts on motorcycling safety and thank the efforts of all bikers who try to make our safety a priority.

However am i the only one who thinks this is all for nothing when the law does not protect motorcylists? I am referring to the infamous sin min editor who had her sentence reduced to 1 day's jail for killing a pillion rider and permanently maiming the rider. what kind of a message does that send out? that our lives are not worth protecting? if i did not read incorrectly it also does not mention if her 10 year ban from driving was upheld. so does this mean she's free to drive again? and is SPH still employing her, a dangerous and reckless driver?

I would like to write in to the media with some support from bikers here, for those who have lost friends and relatives to drivers like this and also to highlight the injustice in this case.i am sick and tired of being at the mercy of these road killers. kindly attached your names below. thank you.

1. Roy Lim

sICkbOi-dOt-cOm
    rides on lane 3 only.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't have any similar relatings to any accidents like hers.. But Im behind you
    **********DISCLAIMER**********
    The information contained in this post, including any attachments,may contain confidential information Copy of this post for any purpose other than viewing for entertainment is not allowed & shall encur a fine of no less than $500 & any court costs required. The courts take copyright violations seriously. Think twice.

rrr
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope those who feel strongly about this should put their names down to my first post, if there is enough support i will email this to all the relevant media(if someone can craft a better letter pls help!). thanks in advance n ride safe everyone!

sICkbOi-dOt-cOm
    rides on lane 3 only.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bro.. How to put my name on ur 1st post?? sorry i noob leh...
    The information contained in this post, including any attachments,may contain confidential information Copy of this post for any purpose other than viewing for entertainment is not allowed & shall encur a fine of no less than $500 & any court costs required. The courts take copyright violations seriously. Think twice.

rrr
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sICkbOi-dOt-cOm View Post
    Bro.. How to put my name on ur 1st post?? sorry i noob leh...
    Copy and post bro!

I've read the posts on motorcycling safety and thank the efforts of all bikers who try to make our safety a priority.

However am i the only one who thinks this is all for nothing when the law does not protect motorcylists? I am referring to the infamous sin min editor who had her sentence reduced to 1 day's jail for killing a pillion rider and permanently maiming the rider. what kind of a message does that send out? that our lives are not worth protecting? if i did not read incorrectly it also does not mention if her 10 year ban from driving was upheld. so does this mean she's free to drive again? and is SPH still employing her, a dangerous and reckless driver?

I would like to write in to the media with some support from bikers here, for those who have lost friends and relatives to drivers like this and also to highlight the injustice in this case.i am sick and tired of being at the mercy of these road killers. kindly attached your names below. thank you.

1. Roy Lim

gwzc_mk2
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Roy Lim
    2. Derick Tay (helped a biker who kanna hit and run, to date, the driver have yet to be caught)
    u need to be young and reckless to become old and wise..... if u survive

darren_soh86
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

've read the posts on motorcycling safety and thank the efforts of all bikers who try to make our safety a priority.

1. Roy Lim
    2. Derick Tay (helped a biker who kanna hit and run, to date, the driver have yet to be caught)
    3. Darren Soh (juz wana show my support)

nirrahim
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ups for u bro! She deserve to be behind bars much longer! Pity riders like ourselves been treated like 2nd class citizen. Support u all the way!

bernardk
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

1. Roy Lim
    4. Bernardk (i dun see justice at all to)

sICkbOi-dOt-cOm
    rides on lane 3 only.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Roy Lim
    5. Andy Li

wanaero
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Roy Lim
    5. Andy Li
    6. Redzuan (Where's the equality)

MS
    is celebrating life.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear TS, although I'm utterly impressed with your fervour to uphold the rights of all road users, I think you'll mostly be ignored by your current route for justice. I'd greatly suggest that you post it in Stomp instead. It will create more awareness and naturally generate more impact as your magnitude is amplified. Link the stomp page here for convenience. Then write to the authorities. But you must remember to be subjective. Refrain from stereotyping which will tremendously impair your credibility.

Do Not Tailgate Me!

Humanoid
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Roy Lim
    5. Andy Li
    7. Patrick ( Its time we voice out)

Humanoid
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with MS we post it in stomp to gain more awareness. Justice needs to serve!!!!
    I was wondering how the decreased of the family is going to take it........

hellsfury
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Roy Lim
    5. Andy Li
    8. Isaac Ng (Kena hit & run 2008 feb at hougang)
    FU2***L NSR 150 SP Pramac (RIP)
    FBB 1***H Spark 135 Lmt Ed (RIP)
    FZ4***B Aprilia RS125 (RIP)
    FT3***J S4 Spec1 (RIP)
    FG7***E RXZ (RIP)
    FBD***** YZF-R1 (RIP)
    FBD8***D YZF-R6 (RIP)

JackOHJack
    ?
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Roy Lim
    5. Andy Li
    9. JackOHJack - Jackson (If rich fug on bike and van driver "careless", sure driver kenna!)
    Be Safe & Wreckless

Sin Ming Editor 1 day jail, $2k fine for pillion death!

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5326937&posted=1#post5326937

stanco
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MS View Post
    Dear TS, although I'm utterly impressed with your fervour to uphold the rights of all road users, I think you'll mostly be ignored by your current route for justice. I'd greatly suggest that you post it in Stomp instead. It will create more awareness and naturally generate more impact as your magnitude is amplified. Link the stomp page here for convenience. Then write to the authorities. But you must remember to be subjective. Refrain from stereotyping which will tremendously impair your credibility.
    but stomp is a side line from SPH. would they publish it?

assuming they would, more could be done. i think go and set up an online petition as well and then spread the words to the various forums in singapore to gain more support. i am sure not only bikers are unhappy with the decision.

Cpt.ZR
    is more broke then usual
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Roy Lim
    5. Andy Li
    9. JackOHJack - Jackson (If rich fug on bike and van driver "careless", sure driver kenna!)
    10. Zongren (Its unfair to the rider, if the rider was a goldwing rider and a lawyer. the SPH lady probably would have been a bankrupt)

rrr
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks to the ppl who have supported!

I agree this may not get much exposure if we do not pass the word around. Pls help this online petition going by linking to ALL forums that you guys visit. That way we can get more 'signatures' on board. the objective is clear; help to highlight the inconsistency in justice and to make the roads safe for all.

I remember a similar case last year regarding a car driver who test drove n killed the sales lady on board. after that he went online to ask opinion for another sports car n that got the forumers angry n messages went to the press. I'm not sure but he got a lifeban from driving. Isn't this better justice?

Kampfer
    deliberately has no status.
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Roy Lim
    4. Bernardk (i dun see justice at all too)
    5. Andy Li
    10. Zongren (Its unfair to the rider, if the rider was a goldwing rider and a lawyer. the SPH lady probably would have been a bankrupt)
    11. Chen Yang (They should have told her to take her appeal and shove it)

stanco
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rrr View Post
    Thanks to the ppl who have supported!

I agree this may not get much exposure if we do not pass the word around. Pls help this online petition going by linking to ALL forums that you guys visit. That way we can get more 'signatures' on board. the objective is clear; help to highlight the inconsistency in justice and to make the roads safe for all.

I remember a similar case last year regarding a car driver who test drove n killed the sales lady on board. after that he went online to ask opinion for another sports car n that got the forumers angry n messages went to the press. I'm not sure but he got a lifeban from driving. Isn't this better justice?
    If we paste this link to other forum, most likely we will be ban for spamming and secondly, people need to register an account then can post. So most likely response gonna be poor.

Try these type of fficial&client=firefox-a" target="_blank">Online petition. People just type an email/name then can air their view and comment. Usually it will works better.

redbeacon
    does a double take...
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A flawed system that has made a "last minute" mistake, plus an extremely lenient penalty -- is the system making drivers more complacent road commuters? Also, added to the fact that most of them themselves think car insurance and the ability to make damage claims are sorry excuses to be bolder on the road?

You've got my name on the list too, brother!

1. Roy Lim
    5. Andy Li
    12. Nelson Chua
    Co-Moderator for IT -inerary forum
    Devout junkie » Windows • Mac • Apple iOS • BlackBerry OS

"Shut up and ride..."

rrr
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks bros keep the names coming. meantime i managed to find only this as a comparison

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums...st+drive+crash

In both cases the drivers were banned for 3 years although they received lesser fines. even then is this the protection that the law gives? where is the accountability for road deaths?

i urge ppl to keep this civil and let's make ourselves heard.

shawntai
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A flawed system that has made a "last minute" mistake, plus an extremely lenient penalty -- is the system making drivers more complacent road commuters? Also, added to the fact that most of them themselves think car insurance and the ability to make damage claims are sorry excuses to be bolder on the road?

[indent]I've read the posts on motorcycling safety and thank the efforts of all bikers who try to make our safety a priority.

1. Roy Lim
    5. Andy Li
    12. Nelson Chua
    13. Shawn Tai
    Sin Ming Editor got 1 DAY jail & $2000 fine for pillion death!!
    Rally Point: http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5326937&posted=1#post5326937

areal
    suddenly sleeping
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[indent]I've read the posts on motorcycling safety and thank the efforts of all bikers who try to make our safety a priority.

1. Roy Lim
    5. Andy Li
    12. Nelson Chua
    13. Shawn Tai
    14. Elizabeth Tay
    baby, u're my love..

Sin Ming Editor got 1 DAY jailterm and $2000 fine for pillion death!
    Rally Point: http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5322898#post5322898

Kenneth.C
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You've got my name on the list too, brother![indent]I've read the posts on motorcycling safety and thank the efforts of all bikers who try to make our safety a priority.

1. Roy Lim
    5. Andy Li
    12. Nelson Chua
    13. Shawn Tai
    14. Elizabeth Tay
    15. Kenneth Cheok (If the m'cyclist was an expatriate on a Ducati, the outcome would have been very much different)

Meridien
    has no status.
    Class 2
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Roy Lim
    5. Andy Li
    12. Nelson Chua
    13. Shawn Tai
    14. Elizabeth Tay
    15. Kenneth Cheok (If the m'cyclist was an expatriate on a Ducati, the outcome would have been very much different)
    16.Vincent Kam(where is justice when there is "Contemplation of Justice" statue at the north entrance)

Luster
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Roy Lim
    5. Andy Li
    12. Nelson Chua
    13. Shawn Tai
    14. Elizabeth Tay
    16.Vincent Kam(where is justice when there is "Contemplation of Justice" statue at the north entrance)
    17. Ree ( you think you run over a cat/dog huh?!, who knows rider feed the whole family for a living..)
    i'll be your competition..

Gal_SG^Rider
    is here
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Roy Lim
    5. Andy Li
    12. Nelson Chua
    13. Shawn Tai
    14. Elizabeth Tay
    17. Ree ( you think you run over a cat/dog huh?!, who knows rider feed the whole family for a living..)
    18. Debbie Boey (I hate kayu female drivers, dunno where they wana go, what they wana do and when they wana do it.)

AJ..
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You've got my name on the list too, brother![indent]I've read the posts on motorcycling safety and thank the efforts of all bikers who try to make our safety a priority.

1. Roy Lim
    5. Andy Li
    12. Nelson Chua
    13. Shawn Tai
    14. Elizabeth Tay
    16.AJ(ahh...who gives a fuk about my real name..and i don't give a fuk about the law)

sorry for the no.16 and 17...you guys didn't post the headings statements..so you guys are now goin to settle for after 16..

For a person like me who spends his time more facing the monitor than out there doing justice on adventure....
    We seek nothing more,nothing less....just passion.

civicblade
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Roy Lim
    5. Andy Li
    12. Nelson Chua
    13. Shawn Tai
    14. Elizabeth Tay
    16.AJ(ahh...who gives a fuk about my real name..and i don't give a fuk about the law)
    17. Suan Heng (Please request for the Judge's deliberation document to be released in full and posted in a thread on SBF so that bikers can come to a judgement themselves)

We need more names on this list. Come on fellow forummers.. put your name down for a good cause.
    Last edited by civicblade; 20-04-2009 at 08:29 AM.

Kenneth.C
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Roy Lim
    5. Andy Li
    12. Nelson Chua
    13. Shawn Tai
    14. Elizabeth Tay
    17. Suan Heng (Please request for the Judge's deliberation document to be released in full and posted in a thread on SBF so that bikers can come to a judgement themselves)
    18. Ree ( you think you run over a cat/dog huh?!, who knows rider feed the whole family for a living..)
    19. Debbie Boey (I hate kayu female drivers, dunno where they wana go, what they wana do and when they wana do it.)

gwzc_mk2
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

upz upz upz
    u need to be young and reckless to become old and wise..... if u survive

thenation
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Roy Lim
    5. Andy Li
    12. Nelson Chua
    13. Shawn Tai
    14. Elizabeth Tay
    18. Ree ( you think you run over a cat/dog huh?!, who knows rider feed the whole family for a living..)
    19. Debbie Boey (I hate kayu female drivers, dunno where they wana go, what they wana do and when they wana do it.)
    20. Warren Tuan

pablek
    has no status.
    Class 2A
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Roy Lim
    5. Andy Li
    12. Nelson Chua
    13. Shawn Tai
    14. Elizabeth Tay
    20. Warren Tuan
    21. Chris Chua (The first accident i saw was the one on PIE, where a drunkard ran onto the expressway, and in the end caused the death of a rider.. we are already so vulnerable, yet so exploited...)

doubl3mint
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Roy Lim
    5. Andy Li
    12. Nelson Chua
    13. Shawn Tai
    14. Elizabeth Tay
    20. Warren Tuan
    21. Chris Chua (The first accident i saw was the one on PIE, where a drunkard ran onto the expressway, and in the end caused the death of a rider.. we are already so vulnerable, yet so exploited...)
    22. Mervyn Lee (Its time our collective voices ring loud and clear in all corners of our island)

RedGixxer688
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Roy Lim
    5. Andy Li
    12. Nelson Chua
    13. Shawn Tai
    14. Elizabeth Tay
    20. Warren Tuan
    22. Mervyn Lee (Its time our collective voices ring loud and clear in all corners of our island)
    23) Asy'ari (Support the cause)

Await the birth.
    #singamaxima

stwb1981
    Motore Bici More For Less... Always!!!
    Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Roy Lim
    5. Andy Li
    12. Nelson Chua
    13. Shawn Tai
    14. Elizabeth Tay
    20. Warren Tuan
    24) Steven Tan ( V For Vendetta)
    Last edited by stwb1981; 20-04-2009 at 02:30 PM.
    More for less . . . Always!!!

M.B Products : Lifestyle, Performance, Electronics, Security, Accessories . . .

Click here ---> Visit Motore Bici Section for more details

lo-on
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Roy Lim
    5. Andy Li
    12. Nelson Chua
    13. Shawn Tai
    14. Elizabeth Tay
    20. Warren Tuan
    25) Alan Tay ( are the authorities doing their best to protect everyone??? )
    What say u

JackOHJack
    ?
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we probably need more ppl, say 200? dung noe when will reach that no. Perhaps all of us who really feel about this just paste the hyperlink onto our sigg?
    Be Safe & Wreckless

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5326937&posted=1#post5326937

ghost04
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Roy Lim
    5. Andy Li
    12. Nelson Chua
    13. Shawn Tai
    14. Elizabeth Tay
    20. Warren Tuan
    26) Andrew Ang (farking hell...1 day jail n $2000 fine..telling drivers tat causing death by negligience not serious?)

stay calm and carry on...

ghost04
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there is a flaw in every systems...

stay calm and carry on...

JackOHJack
    ?
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we need more! put it in ur sigg!
    Be Safe & Wreckless

FK6E
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Roy Lim
    5. Andy Li
    12. Nelson Chua
    13. Shawn Tai
    14. Elizabeth Tay
    20. Warren Tuan
    26) Andrew Ang (farking hell...1 day jail n $2000 fine..telling drivers tat causing death by negligience not serious?)
    27) Gurcharan Singh (her F...ing recklesness, a fellow rider dies, and sentence is lighter then ill treating a cat)

proradar1
    has no status.
    north eastern part of north eastern singapore
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Roy Lim
    5. Andy Li
    12. Nelson Chua
    13. Shawn Tai
    14. Elizabeth Tay
    20. Warren Tuan
    27) Gurcharan Singh (her F...ing recklesness, a fellow rider dies, and sentence is lighter then ill treating a cat)
    28) Jordan ho ( its like saying all rich people/white horses serve 1 day NS and we all LLST?)
    Riding : To enjoy POWER in between your legs. HORSE POWER that is.

minime
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Roy Lim
    5. Andy Li
    12. Nelson Chua
    13. Shawn Tai
    14. Elizabeth Tay
    20. Warren Tuan
    28) Jordan ho ( its like saying all rich people/white horses serve 1 day NS and we all LLST?)
    29) Jason Lim (Does a motorcyclist's/pillion's life worth so little?)

0yuan0
    is monkeying around
    hurling sticks at the branches of fruit trees to bring them down to the ground
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Roy Lim
    5. Andy Li
    12. Nelson Chua
    13. Shawn Tai
    14. Elizabeth Tay
    20. Warren Tuan
    30) Yuan (does she have something with the judge?)

Fz8s XiaoB@i

JackOHJack
    ?
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

more more! put it in ur sigg!
    Be Safe & Wreckless

stwb1981
    Motore Bici More For Less... Always!!!
    Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

juz help to put links in the threads i freq in the forum...
    hope tis help....
    doing my part oso....

come to think of it ....
    the fine is even lesser than those caught smoking, buying, selling contrabrand ciggys; selling & owning pirated discs .....

something is reari nt right...!!!!!!!
    More for less . . . Always!!!

M.B Products : Lifestyle, Performance, Electronics, Security, Accessories . . .

Click here ---> Visit Motore Bici Section for more details

kurarensu
    is cute ^^
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Roy Lim
    5. Andy Li
    12. Nelson Chua
    13. Shawn Tai
    14. Elizabeth Tay
    20. Warren Tuan
    30) Yuan (does she have something with the judge?)
    31) Clarence Lye (is this gonna work?)

Lousy Noob Rider

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast