User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 51 to 100 of 133

Thread: [Archived - 2009] [Ride] PK Port Dickson 2D1N Trip - 7 to 8 Jun 09

  1. #51
    Tanarthur
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,101
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default



    Dear all, for those who has yet to pay, please take note the closing date. Thanks
    I AM BACK!!!!!

  2. #52
    hamsterwhale
    is riding a 1400 camel
    TeePee hamsterwhale's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    land of woods in a circle
    Posts
    2,945
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Attendees (meaning confirm w/o any hesitations last min)

    Name/Contact Nos/Race/NOK Name/ Nok Contact Nos/ Bike Class/Nos of People Going.

    1. Ham ONLY/ 9769--7961 / Chinese / Ah_Girl / 97-6-9-7-9-60 / GSR 400 / 1 pax (Me and Arthur )
    2. SNapEl & Magg / 9697 6215 / Chinese / Daniel Chew / 9697 8735 / S4 / 2 Pax (1 room)
    3. VidaK / 9187 6811 / Chinese / Lisa / 9117 5238 / Ta200 / 1 (with ausa)
    4. ausa / 96670518 / Chinese / Jacinta / 91811006 / Shadow 400 / 1 (with VidaK)
    5. Silent Hunter/ 90492378 / Chinese / Mom / 67523687 / TA200 / 1 Pax
    6. Intrepid / 96162422 / Chinese / Kathryn / 96227091 / TA200 / 1 pax (request for single room)
    7. CS aka wizzy / 98188871 / Chinese / Home / 64498347 / S4 / 1 pax (sharing room with dragonforce)
    8. Wing1499 / 9752 3634 / Chinese / Parents / 9756 8123 / S4 / 1 pax (Sharing room with Link)
    9. Link/ 96301340/chinese/parents/96753711/SP/1pax(sharing room with wing1499)
    10. thenation / 93380540 / Chinese / Dad / 96853626 / Monster / 1 pax
    11. dragonforce / 94507446 / Chinese / Dad / will pm / 1 pax (sharing room with wizard)
    12. Chaoz and fren / 9-088-9244 / Chinese / Sister / will pm / RVF / 2 pax
    13.
    14.
    15.
    16.
    17.
    18.
    19.
    20.
    Last edited by hamsterwhale; 21-05-2009 at 10:15 PM.
    Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther.
    J. P. Morgan

     

     
  3. #53
    Tanarthur
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,101
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Registration Closed!!

    Thank you all those who joined the trip. Timing has been updated and rooms allocated.

    Total we have 12 bikes and 14 persons going.

    Anythings you all want to clarified please put your questions here.
    I AM BACK!!!!!

  4. #54
    hamsterwhale
    is riding a 1400 camel
    TeePee hamsterwhale's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    land of woods in a circle
    Posts
    2,945
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Guys pls take note, i'll be conducting a pre-ride brief before the actual trip itself, i personally would prefer doing it face to face, hence we can ans or clarify all doubts before the trip itself....

    so that we can iron all the kinks and juz enjoy the trip w/o any other fuss...

    the date shall be set on Sat 30th May 2009, at or around 2000hrs, venue will be informed thru ur mobile...

    those who cant attend pls PM me thanks...

    Thanks...
    Last edited by hamsterwhale; 22-05-2009 at 12:04 AM.
    Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther.
    J. P. Morgan

  5. #55
    Intrepid
    has no status.
    P Plate Intrepid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    111
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tanarthur View Post
    Registration Closed!!

    Thank you all those who joined the trip. Timing has been updated and rooms allocated.

    Total we have 12 bikes and 14 persons going.
    Thanks Arthur ... for taking the trouble to organise and co-ordinate ... see you

    Quote Originally Posted by hamsterwhale View Post
    Guys pls take note, i'll be conducting a pre-ride brief before the actual trip itself, i personally would prefer doing it face to face, hence we can ans or clarify all doubts before the trip itself....
    Thanks Ham ... and noted

  6. #56
    ausa
    has no status.
    Class 2 ausa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Bedok Reservoir, Singapore
    Posts
    1,004
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hamsterwhale View Post
    Guys pls take note, i'll be conducting a pre-ride brief before the actual trip itself, i personally would prefer doing it face to face, hence we can ans or clarify all doubts before the trip itself....

    so that we can iron all the kinks and juz enjoy the trip w/o any other fuss...

    the date shall be set on Sat 2nd june 2009, at or around 2000hrs, venue will be informed thru ur mobile...

    those who cant attend pls PM me thanks...

    Thanks...
    Please check the date and day of 2nd June, it's on Tuesday ?

  7. #57
    hamsterwhale
    is riding a 1400 camel
    TeePee hamsterwhale's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    land of woods in a circle
    Posts
    2,945
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Guys sorry for mucking up the date it should be 30th May 2009, instead of 2nd June...thanks Ausa for pointing out the error...

    Cheers!
    Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther.
    J. P. Morgan

  8. #58
    ausa
    has no status.
    Class 2 ausa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Bedok Reservoir, Singapore
    Posts
    1,004
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    30th May 2009 I can not join you all, got a trip to melaca

  9. #59
    VidaK
    also has no status.
    SBF Lacer VidaK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    13,335
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    wahhh I'm not free on saturdays...

  10. #60
    Intrepid
    has no status.
    P Plate Intrepid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    111
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi guys, is it possible to make the briefing on a weekday evening rather than a Saturday?
    Any weekday next week, except 28.05.09 (Thursday) - already has an appointment.
    Meet-up somewhere where we can arrive & disperse easily e.g. Kallang McDonald or KFC, etc.

  11. #61
    Chaoz
    is a noobshit
    TeePee Chaoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    ERP Country
    Posts
    4,538
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    seems like it's quite hard to get everyone together due to different schedules and commitment wor..


    Practical Test Checklist:
    √ Sudden and late braking
    √ Faulty signal lights
    √ Superb use of horn
    √ Assume road belongs to father
    √ Never at fault no matter what happens
    √ Tailgating confidence

    Result: YES! You qualify to become a Singapore car driver!

     

     
  12. #62
    Magg
    rides a Magna.
    SBF Lady Riders Magg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    766
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    mmm.. how about doing the briefing on 29th may before FNO? Lol anyway half of those who are going for the trip often go in for FNO?

    Just a thought!
    "Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." Helen Keller
    www.kruzer.sg

  13. #63
    hamsterwhale
    is riding a 1400 camel
    TeePee hamsterwhale's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    land of woods in a circle
    Posts
    2,945
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaoz View Post
    seems like it's quite hard to get everyone together due to different schedules and commitment wor..
    Quote Originally Posted by Magg View Post
    mmm.. how about doing the briefing on 29th may before FNO? Lol anyway half of those who are going for the trip often go in for FNO?

    Just a thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by Intrepid View Post
    Hi guys, is it possible to make the briefing on a weekday evening rather than a Saturday?
    Any weekday next week, except 28.05.09 (Thursday) - already has an appointment.
    Meet-up somewhere where we can arrive & disperse easily e.g. Kallang McDonald or KFC, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by VidaK View Post
    wahhh I'm not free on saturdays...
    Quote Originally Posted by ausa View Post
    30th May 2009 I can not join you all, got a trip to melaca
    Actually i've got another beta idea...those who are free which day to do the briefing let me know...k??those FNO regulars i'll do it at the makan point ok???
    Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther.
    J. P. Morgan

  14. #64
    Tanarthur
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,101
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Final Count - 13 bikes, 15 persons.....
    I AM BACK!!!!!

  15. #65
    hamsterwhale
    is riding a 1400 camel
    TeePee hamsterwhale's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    land of woods in a circle
    Posts
    2,945
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    anyone has a foot pump to lend me for the trip???

    cuz i need it for ICE...

    ICE-in case of emergency....
    Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther.
    J. P. Morgan

  16. #66
    VidaK
    also has no status.
    SBF Lacer VidaK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    13,335
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hamsterwhale View Post
    anyone has a foot pump to lend me for the trip???

    cuz i need it for ICE...

    ICE-in case of emergency....
    I don't have a foot pump, but I will carry spare clutch cable, throttle cable, spark plugs, tail light bulb for phantoms, and some miscellaneous items...

  17. #67
    SNapEl
    wants to go for a looong ride~!!
    TeePee SNapEl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    2,398
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hamsterwhale View Post
    anyone has a foot pump to lend me for the trip???

    cuz i need it for ICE...

    ICE-in case of emergency....
    I got footpump. Remind me to bring.


    Life isn't all about one's self...

  18. #68
    ausa
    has no status.
    Class 2 ausa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Bedok Reservoir, Singapore
    Posts
    1,004
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hamsterwhale View Post
    anyone has a foot pump to lend me for the trip???

    cuz i need it for ICE...

    ICE-in case of emergency....
    I also have, if you don't remember to remind SNapEl, than remember to remind me, otherwise I won't bring.

  19. #69
    hamsterwhale
    is riding a 1400 camel
    TeePee hamsterwhale's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    land of woods in a circle
    Posts
    2,945
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VidaK View Post
    I don't have a foot pump, but I will carry spare clutch cable, throttle cable, spark plugs, tail light bulb for phantoms, and some miscellaneous items...
    Quote Originally Posted by SNapEl View Post
    I got footpump. Remind me to bring.
    okok pass it to me and i'll carry it...thanks...will remind u guys again ok???
    Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther.
    J. P. Morgan

  20. #70
    VidaK
    also has no status.
    SBF Lacer VidaK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    13,335
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hamsterwhale View Post
    okok pass it to me and i'll carry it...thanks...will remind u guys again ok???
    hey I can carry... at least the spare parts... I have more boxes than you...

  21. #71
    Tanarthur
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,101
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Dear All, there is a little adjustment of the price of the room. I just recieved the total price for the rooms and it seems there are ++ involved. As of now, the price of the rooms are Rm 172.50 per night instead of RM150.
    I AM BACK!!!!!

     

     
  22. #72
    ausa
    has no status.
    Class 2 ausa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Bedok Reservoir, Singapore
    Posts
    1,004
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Too many foot pump, price gone up...

  23. #73
    hamsterwhale
    is riding a 1400 camel
    TeePee hamsterwhale's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    land of woods in a circle
    Posts
    2,945
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Guide for the Team

    1. Be Courteous

    Bike should be in Good Condition
    (If u service your bike... do it a week before the ride.
    Any problem surfacing... bike would be in Spore)
    Get to know the rest of the team.
    Smile & say Hi!

    2. Be On time

    Won't be nice to let your team wait too long for u.
    (Msg me if u gonna be late the time u be reaching or unable to come)

    3. Staggered Formation

    Staggered Formation on One Lane & Singe File on Small roads
    Staggered Formation will give us space for emer manoeuver.
    And space on the side if bike has a problem.

    Speed: Will ride at a speed that will overtake most of the traffic at a slow rate.
    As such, we would be on the overtaking lane along the highway a fair bit.
    Signal and Move Left if a Faster vehicle is coming from the behind
    Flash the one infront to do likewise.

    2nd Link: 110kmh (ever present speed traps)

    4. Over Take on the Right

    There will be rare times when traffic is slow and we overtake on the left.
    Or when vehicle road hog (We are not gonna follow him all the way to KL)
    Overtake slowly...
    May use breakdown lane... in a crawling jam... look out for debris.


    5. When Overtaking

    Do So when it is safe.
    Do not be pressured to overtake.
    We will wait for u.
    On the other hand... overtake quickly when the opportunity arise.
    Until u do... the rest behind can't.
    Pass and and move forward.
    Make sure there's enough room for others to fall behind u.

    6. Know the Ride Plan

    Know the route, km to run & rest point.
    Will help to find the team if separated.
    It will also be more interesting for u.

    7. Hand Signals

    Point to the tank if u need fuel.
    To your head if u need rest...
    Wave to the last bike to continue if u just
    wanna stop for Some non-emer stuff eg wearing sunglasses...
    Quickly catch up after that.

    8. Markers

    On Quiet Country Roads...

    The Leader may break formation & open up the pace.
    Because of the time required for overtaking...
    U may lose sight of the front bikers...
    Don't Worry.
    Keep to your safe pace... enjoy the roads.
    Leader Will leave markers for u.
    Important! Don't bunch up!
    Keep a wider safety distance between bikes..

    Approaching a Junction

    If there are no markers GO STRAIGHT!

    Anyone riding behind the leader automatically becomes a marker
    When Pointed to a location to mark...
    Park a safe spot.
    Signal lite on the direction of turn.
    Watch out for stones that usually gather around junctions.
    Wait for the last bike to pass...
    Then move back to the front.
    Team: please let the marker thru.

    9. Last Bike

    He will be last to make sure no one is left behind.

    When Formation Riding is in Order:
    (Highways or Designated Trunk Roads)
    It is important not to hold the team by riding too slowly.
    If u see the gap for the bike in front is getting bigger...
    U are too slow! catch up.

    The Formation should be tight enough to be safe
    And not let any other vehicle get in between.
    They are a source of danger when the infiltrate our formation.
    That includes bikes not from our team.
    It is also courteous not to cut in but to maintain position.

    10. Lost

    If u are lost... Msg/call me. Don't Worry.
    Will give u direction to return to the team.
    May not get me immediately as I be riding.
    But will return your call at regroup pt.
    (please Pm me your Hp & a Next of Kin if u have not done it)

    11. Choose a Buddy

    Buddy someone...
    It is the quickest way to know if u are missing or need help.
    It is important for each to be responsible in his style of riding.
    Safe rides is a culture with this team and
    We look after each other at all levels.
    Biking has it's risk... we like to keep it at a Minimum.

    12. Bike Type

    For day trip: Phantom 150, SP... or likes
    For longer trip: Hornet 250, S4... or likes
    It will be too stressful for smaller bikes.
    Both the rider & team. Thks.

    13. Wear Protection

    Riding Jacket, jeans/touring pants & Shoes (boots will be gd)
    Gloves.
    Last line of defence to injury if we do fall.
    Full face will help protect your chin/face.

    I Know it is a little hot... but once on the move.
    It is comfortable.

    Always have your rain suit with u.

    14. One Lane Please

    Stay in two lines within one lane.
    The Lead will decide the lane to use.
    Be it left or overtaking lane.

    Help the Lead Bike in accounting for all the bikes.
    When he looks back...
    He should see 2 lines of bikes with the last bike in the center.
    Especially so at traffic junctions when in formation.

    Do not overtake the Leader unless there prior arangement to do so.

    15. In Bigger Towns:

    Keep in close formation.
    Two clear line such that the lead bike be able to see the last bike.
    Especially at Traffic lights.
    The essential here is not to lose anyone!

    16. See Children... Wave

    We are guest of their country. We must always remember that.
    Be Respectful to properties & people we come in contact with.
    Somehow with our riding gears... we do look intimidating.
    But a wave to the kids always brings a smile.

    Riding thru towns: reduce your speed

    The Team will do it's best to keep everyone safe.
    That means you too will have an important part to play.
    For yourself & your team mates.
    So let take good care of one another!

    There is no Glory if u Crash
    The Ride will be delay & plans may have to change.
    Injury to your body & damage to your beautiful bike.

    Enjoy Your Ride but come home Safe

    Important!

    As riding has it's risk.
    Joining our rides will mean you accept responsible for your own safety.


    (Above was sourced from Moto-V forum posted by spectrum)
    Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther.
    J. P. Morgan

  24. #74
    MarvelStone
    has no status.
    P Plate MarvelStone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    147
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Please add your name below if interested in the format stated below.
    Name/Contact Nos/Race/NOK Name/ Nok Contact Nos/ Bike Type/Nos of People Going.
    1.Tanarthur / 96660634/ Chinese/ Raymond Tan/ 98526312/ Fz600/ 1pax
    2.Ham / Arthur knows.. / Chinese / will be listed in my hp / as mentioned / GSR400 PAID
    3.SNapEl & Magg / 9697 6215 / Chinese / Daniel Chew / 9697 8735 / S4 / 2 Pax (1 room) PAID
    4.VidaK / 9187 6811 / Chinese / Lisa / 9117 5238 / TA200 / 1 PAID
    5.ausa / 96670518 / Chinese / Shadow 400 / PAID
    6. Chaoz and fren / 9-088-9244 / Chinese / Sister / will pm / RVF / 2 pax PAID
    7. Intrepid / 96162422 / Chinese / Kathryn / 96227091 / TA200 / 1 pax (request for single room)PAID
    8. CS aka wizzy / 98188871 / Chinese / Home / 64498347 / S4 / 1 pax PAID
    9. Wing1499 / 9752 3634 / Chinese / Parents / 9756 8123 / S4 / 1 pax PAID
    10. Link/ 96301340/chinese/parents/96753711/SP/1pax PAID
    11. thenation / 93380540 / Chinese / Dad / 96853626 / Monster / 1 pax PAID
    12. dragonforce / 94507446 / Chinese / Dad / will pm / 1 pax PAID
    13. Silent Hunter/ 90492378 / Chinese / TA2002B / Mom 67523687 / 1 Pax PAID
    14.MarvelStone/94308404/ Chinese/TA200/ Parents / 97394617/ 1 Pax (Will pay to Intrepid)



    Note: We required the race as to arrange for meal with respect to our muslim riders. NOK contact for “emergency”.

    Rooms allocation
    Room 1: Tanarthur / Hamsterwhale
    Room 2: Chaoz / Friend
    Room 3: Snapel / Magg
    Room 4: Vidak / Ausa
    Room 5: Silent Hunter / thenation
    Room 6: Intrepid/MarvelStone
    Room 7: Wing1499 / Link
    Room 8: Wizard / Dragonforce

  25. #75
    ausa
    has no status.
    Class 2 ausa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Bedok Reservoir, Singapore
    Posts
    1,004
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default




    Quote Originally Posted by hamsterwhale View Post
    Guide for the Team

    1. Be Courteous

    Bike should be in Good Condition
    (If u service your bike... do it a week before the ride.
    Any problem surfacing... bike would be in Spore)
    Get to know the rest of the team.
    Smile & say Hi!

    2. Be On time

    Won't be nice to let your team wait too long for u.
    (Msg me if u gonna be late the time u be reaching or unable to come)

    3. Staggered Formation

    Staggered Formation on One Lane & Singe File on Small roads
    Staggered Formation will give us space for emer manoeuver.
    And space on the side if bike has a problem.

    Speed: Will ride at a speed that will overtake most of the traffic at a slow rate.
    As such, we would be on the overtaking lane along the highway a fair bit.
    Signal and Move Left if a Faster vehicle is coming from the behind
    Flash the one infront to do likewise.

    2nd Link: 110kmh (ever present speed traps)

    4. Over Take on the Right

    There will be rare times when traffic is slow and we overtake on the left.
    Or when vehicle road hog (We are not gonna follow him all the way to KL)
    Overtake slowly...
    May use breakdown lane... in a crawling jam... look out for debris.


    5. When Overtaking

    Do So when it is safe.
    Do not be pressured to overtake.
    We will wait for u.
    On the other hand... overtake quickly when the opportunity arise.
    Until u do... the rest behind can't.
    Pass and and move forward.
    Make sure there's enough room for others to fall behind u.


    6. Know the Ride Plan

    Know the route, km to run & rest point.
    Will help to find the team if separated.
    It will also be more interesting for u.

    7. Hand Signals

    Point to the tank if u need fuel.
    To your head if u need rest...
    Wave to the last bike to continue if u just
    wanna stop for Some non-emer stuff eg wearing sunglasses...
    Quickly catch up after that.

    8. Markers

    On Quiet Country Roads...

    The Leader may break formation & open up the pace.
    Because of the time required for overtaking...
    U may lose sight of the front bikers...
    Don't Worry.
    Keep to your safe pace... enjoy the roads.
    Leader Will leave markers for u.
    Important! Don't bunch up!
    Keep a wider safety distance between bikes..

    Approaching a Junction

    If there are no markers GO STRAIGHT!

    Anyone riding behind the leader automatically becomes a marker
    When Pointed to a location to mark...
    Park a safe spot.
    Signal lite on the direction of turn.
    Watch out for stones that usually gather around junctions.
    Wait for the last bike to pass...
    Then move back to the front.
    Team: please let the marker thru.

    9. Last Bike

    He will be last to make sure no one is left behind.

    When Formation Riding is in Order:
    (Highways or Designated Trunk Roads)
    It is important not to hold the team by riding too slowly.
    If u see the gap for the bike in front is getting bigger...
    U are too slow! catch up.

    The Formation should be tight enough to be safe
    And not let any other vehicle get in between.
    They are a source of danger when the infiltrate our formation.
    That includes bikes not from our team.
    It is also courteous not to cut in but to maintain position.

    10. Lost

    If u are lost... Msg/call me. Don't Worry.
    Will give u direction to return to the team.
    May not get me immediately as I be riding.
    But will return your call at regroup pt.
    (please Pm me your Hp & a Next of Kin if u have not done it)

    11. Choose a Buddy

    Buddy someone...
    It is the quickest way to know if u are missing or need help.
    It is important for each to be responsible in his style of riding.
    Safe rides is a culture with this team and
    We look after each other at all levels.
    Biking has it's risk... we like to keep it at a Minimum.

    12. Bike Type

    For day trip: Phantom 150, SP... or likes
    For longer trip: Hornet 250, S4... or likes
    It will be too stressful for smaller bikes.
    Both the rider & team. Thks.

    13. Wear Protection

    Riding Jacket, jeans/touring pants & Shoes (boots will be gd)
    Gloves.
    Last line of defence to injury if we do fall.
    Full face will help protect your chin/face.

    I Know it is a little hot... but once on the move.
    It is comfortable.

    Always have your rain suit with u.

    14. One Lane Please

    Stay in two lines within one lane.
    The Lead will decide the lane to use.
    Be it left or overtaking lane.

    Help the Lead Bike in accounting for all the bikes.
    When he looks back...
    He should see 2 lines of bikes with the last bike in the center.
    Especially so at traffic junctions when in formation.

    Do not overtake the Leader unless there prior arangement to do so.

    15. In Bigger Towns:

    Keep in close formation.
    Two clear line such that the lead bike be able to see the last bike.
    Especially at Traffic lights.
    The essential here is not to lose anyone!

    16. See Children... Wave

    We are guest of their country. We must always remember that.
    Be Respectful to properties & people we come in contact with.
    Somehow with our riding gears... we do look intimidating.
    But a wave to the kids always brings a smile.

    Riding thru towns: reduce your speed

    The Team will do it's best to keep everyone safe.
    That means you too will have an important part to play.
    For yourself & your team mates.
    So let take good care of one another!

    There is no Glory if u Crash
    The Ride will be delay & plans may have to change.
    Injury to your body & damage to your beautiful bike.

    Enjoy Your Ride but come home Safe

    Important!

    As riding has it's risk.
    Joining our rides will mean you accept responsible for your own safety.


    (Above was sourced from Moto-V forum posted by spectrum)

  26. #76
    jsilverwing
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    418
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default pk pork Dickson 2D 1N Trip on 7 & 8/6/09

    Quote Originally Posted by MarvelStone View Post
    Please add your name below if interested in the format stated below.
    Name/Contact Nos/Race/NOK Name/ Nok Contact Nos/ Bike Type/Nos of People Going.
    1.Tanarthur / 96660634/ Chinese/ Raymond Tan/ 98526312/ Fz600/ 1pax
    2.Ham / Arthur knows.. / Chinese / will be listed in my hp / as mentioned / GSR400 PAID
    3.SNapEl & Magg / 9697 6215 / Chinese / Daniel Chew / 9697 8735 / S4 / 2 Pax (1 room) PAID
    4.VidaK / 9187 6811 / Chinese / Lisa / 9117 5238 / TA200 / 1 PAID
    5.ausa / 96670518 / Chinese / Shadow 400 / PAID
    6. Chaoz and fren / 9-088-9244 / Chinese / Sister / will pm / RVF / 2 pax PAID
    7. Intrepid / 96162422 / Chinese / Kathryn / 96227091 / TA200 / 1 pax (request for single room)PAID
    8. CS aka wizzy / 98188871 / Chinese / Home / 64498347 / S4 / 1 pax PAID
    9. Wing1499 / 9752 3634 / Chinese / Parents / 9756 8123 / S4 / 1 pax PAID
    10. Link/ 96301340/chinese/parents/96753711/SP/1pax PAID
    11. thenation / 93380540 / Chinese / Dad / 96853626 / Monster / 1 pax PAID
    12. dragonforce / 94507446 / Chinese / Dad / will pm / 1 pax PAID
    13. Silent Hunter/ 90492378 / Chinese / TA2002B / Mom 67523687 / 1 Pax PAID
    14.MarvelStone/94308404/ Chinese/TA200/ Parents / 97394617/ 1 Pax (Will pay to Intrepid)
    15 jsilverwing /96502076/ chinese/s4 /were paid on coming meet


    Note: We required the race as to arrange for meal with respect to our muslim riders. NOK contact for “emergency”.

    Rooms allocation
    Room 1: Tanarthur / Hamsterwhale
    Room 2: Chaoz / Friend
    Room 3: Snapel / Magg
    Room 4: Vidak / Ausa
    Room 5: Silent Hunter / thenation
    Room 6: Intrepid/MarvelStone
    Room 7: Wing1499 / Link
    Room 8: Wizard / Dragonforce
    im new for and joint the trip feel to sms , thanks.

  27. #77
    SNapEl
    wants to go for a looong ride~!!
    TeePee SNapEl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    2,398
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jsilverwing View Post
    im new for and joint the trip feel to sms , thanks.
    I'm sorry. Registration is already closed and Booked rooms are full.
    You will have call and arrange your own accomodation if you stiill wish to join.


    Life isn't all about one's self...

  28. #78
    SNapEl
    wants to go for a looong ride~!!
    TeePee SNapEl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    2,398
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Registration is Closed



    Name/Contact Nos/Race/NOK Name/ Nok Contact Nos/ Bike Type/Nos of People Going.

    1.Tanarthur / 96660634/ Chinese/ Raymond Tan/ 98526312/ Fz600/ 1pax
    2.Ham / Arthur knows.. / Chinese / will be listed in my hp / as mentioned / GSR400 PAID
    3.SNapEl & Magg / 9697 6215 / Chinese / Daniel Chew / 9697 8735 / S4 / 2 Pax (1 room) PAID
    4.VidaK / 9187 6811 / Chinese / Lisa / 9117 5238 / TA200 / 1 PAID
    5.ausa / 96670518 / Chinese / Shadow 400 / PAID
    6. Chaoz and fren / 9-088-9244 / Chinese / Sister / will pm / RVF / 2 pax PAID
    7. Intrepid / 96162422 / Chinese / Kathryn / 96227091 / TA200 / 1 pax (request for single room)PAID
    8. CS aka wizzy / 98188871 / Chinese / Home / 64498347 / S4 / 1 pax PAID
    9. Wing1499 / 9752 3634 / Chinese / Parents / 9756 8123 / S4 / 1 pax PAID
    10. Link/ 96301340/chinese/parents/96753711/SP/1pax PAID
    11. thenation / 93380540 / Chinese / Dad / 96853626 / Monster / 1 pax PAID
    12. dragonforce / 94507446 / Chinese / Dad / will pm / 1 pax PAID
    13. Silent Hunter/ 90492378 / Chinese / TA2002B / Mom 67523687 / 1 Pax PAID
    14. MarvelStone/94308404/ Chinese/TA200/ Parents / 97394617/ 1 Pax (To pay to Intrepid)


    Note: We required the race as to arrange for meal with respect to our muslim riders. NOK contact for “emergency”.

    Rooms allocation
    Room 1: Tanarthur / Hamsterwhale
    Room 2: Chaoz / Friend
    Room 3: Snapel / Magg
    Room 4: Vidak / Ausa
    Room 5: Silent Hunter / thenation
    Room 6: Intrepid / Marvelstone
    Room 7: Wing1499 / Link
    Room 8: Wizard / Dragonforce
    Room 9:


    Life isn't all about one's self...

  29. #79
    jtzx
    busy man
    SBF Phantom Knights jtzx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    B I S H A N
    Posts
    6,248
    Feedback Score
    8 (90%)
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    ups for the upcoming trip ;-)

    huat ar!!!
    JOSHUA
    class2B -26/2/09
    class 2A -27/7/10
    class 3 - 6/1/11
    class 2 - 30/8/12



  30. #80
    Intrepid
    has no status.
    P Plate Intrepid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    111
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SNapEl View Post
    I'm sorry. Registration is already closed and Booked rooms are full.
    You will have call and arrange your own accomodation if you stiill wish to join.
    Hi guys

    What a shame - due to an unfortunate event, I will not be able to make it for the trip. Perhaps, "jsilverwing" can take-over my place (what a lucky chap!). Actually, I am quite disappointed with this change of event as I was really looking forward to this trip (ride). Hope to join you guys next round. Cheers.

    P/S : I have already spoken to Arthur about it.

  31. #81
    VidaK
    also has no status.
    SBF Lacer VidaK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    13,335
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Intrepid View Post
    Hi guys

    What a shame - due to an unfortunate event, I will not be able to make it for the trip. Perhaps, "jsilverwing" can take-over my place (what a lucky chap!). Actually, I am quite disappointed with this change of event as I was really looking forward to this trip (ride). Hope to join you guys next round. Cheers.

    P/S : I have already spoken to Arthur about it.
    oh well... it is sad, but it is ok... we believe that you have your reasons... there is always another opportunity!

     

     
  32. #82
    [Wizard]
    really has no status.
    Class 2 [Wizard]'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The 1 @ Bedok
    Posts
    1,412
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    such a pity! see you around soon alex!
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Paste bunny into
    (")_(") your sig to help him gain world domination

  33. #83
    Tanarthur
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,101
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Registration is Closed



    Name/Contact Nos/Race/NOK Name/ Nok Contact Nos/ Bike Type/Nos of People Going.

    1.Tanarthur / 96660634/ Chinese/ Raymond Tan/ 98526312/ Fz600/ 1pax
    2.Ham / Arthur knows.. / Chinese / will be listed in my hp / as mentioned / GSR400 PAID
    3.SNapEl & Magg / 9697 6215 / Chinese / Daniel Chew / 9697 8735 / S4 / 2 Pax (1 room) PAID
    4.VidaK / 9187 6811 / Chinese / Lisa / 9117 5238 / TA200 / 1 PAID
    5.ausa / 96670518 / Chinese / Shadow 400 / PAID
    6. Chaoz and fren / 9-088-9244 / Chinese / Sister / will pm / RVF / 2 pax PAID
    7. jsilverwing /96502076/ chinese/s4 /
    8. CS aka wizzy / 98188871 / Chinese / Home / 64498347 / S4 / 1 pax PAID
    9. Wing1499 / 9752 3634 / Chinese / Parents / 9756 8123 / S4 / 1 pax PAID
    10. Link/ 96301340/chinese/parents/96753711/SP/1pax PAID
    11. thenation / 93380540 / Chinese / Dad / 96853626 / Monster / 1 pax PAID
    12. dragonforce / 94507446 / Chinese / Dad / will pm / 1 pax PAID
    13. Silent Hunter/ 90492378 / Chinese / TA2002B / Mom 67523687 / 1 Pax PAID
    14. MarvelStone/94308404/ Chinese/TA200/ Parents / 97394617/ 1 Pax (To pay to Intrepid)


    Note: We required the race as to arrange for meal with respect to our muslim riders. NOK contact for “emergency”.

    Rooms allocation
    Room 1: Tanarthur / Hamsterwhale
    Room 2: Chaoz / Friend
    Room 3: Snapel / Magg
    Room 4: Vidak / Ausa
    Room 5: Silent Hunter / thenation
    Room 6: jsilverwing / Marvelstone
    Room 7: Wing1499 / Link
    Room 8: Wizard / Dragonforce
    I AM BACK!!!!!

  34. #84
    Tanarthur
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,101
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jsilverwing View Post
    im new for and joint the trip feel to sms , thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Intrepid View Post
    Hi guys

    What a shame - due to an unfortunate event, I will not be able to make it for the trip. Perhaps, "jsilverwing" can take-over my place (what a lucky chap!). Actually, I am quite disappointed with this change of event as I was really looking forward to this trip (ride). Hope to join you guys next round. Cheers.

    P/S : I have already spoken to Arthur about it.
    Intrepid, your withdrawal accepted. jsilverwing is in to take your place.

    Like I said before, if you miss this trip, there will be others.
    I AM BACK!!!!!

  35. #85
    Intrepid
    has no status.
    P Plate Intrepid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    111
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tanarthur View Post
    Intrepid, your withdrawal accepted. jsilverwing is in to take your place.

    Like I said before, if you miss this trip, there will be others.

    Thanks, Arthur and sorry for the inconvenience caused. Look forward to the next trip. Have a happy and enjoyable ride, guys.

    Cheers!

  36. #86
    jsilverwing
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    418
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Good morning to all, Thanks, Arthur and Intrepid that i had a chance to join that the trip n hi to everybody were u soon on the trip,also i selfdom on line do get me try to sms,thanks again.

  37. #87
    Tanarthur
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,101
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    To those who had paid up, there will be a refund of SGD 26.50 per person. Balance to pay at the ranch will be updated later.
    I AM BACK!!!!!

  38. #88
    ausa
    has no status.
    Class 2 ausa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Bedok Reservoir, Singapore
    Posts
    1,004
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tanarthur View Post
    To those who had paid up, there will be a refund of SGD 26.50 per person. Balance to pay at the ranch will be updated later.
    Sure or not Arthur, don't lose money.....

  39. #89
    Tanarthur
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,101
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ausa, the room is Rm 172.50. So it only cost Rm 86.25 per person.
    I AM BACK!!!!!

  40. #90
    ausa
    has no status.
    Class 2 ausa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Bedok Reservoir, Singapore
    Posts
    1,004
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    I am sure every one will be glad if you refund them SGD 26.50 per person, instead of SGD$14 +

  41. #91
    hamsterwhale
    is riding a 1400 camel
    TeePee hamsterwhale's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    land of woods in a circle
    Posts
    2,945
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ausa View Post
    I am sure every one will be glad if you refund them SGD 26.50 per person, instead of SGD$14 +
    how come 14+???
    Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther.
    J. P. Morgan

     

     
  42. #92
    ausa
    has no status.
    Class 2 ausa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Bedok Reservoir, Singapore
    Posts
    1,004
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    To those who had paid up, there will be a refund of SGD 26.50 per person
    the room is Rm 172.50. So it only cost Rm 86.25 per person.

    Biker each paid S$50 x 2.41 = M$120.50 - M$86.25 = M$34.25 / 2.41 = S$14.21

    Let me know if somewhere along the way got wrong, thanks

  43. #93
    SNapEl
    wants to go for a looong ride~!!
    TeePee SNapEl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    2,398
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Wah now 2.41 already ar...


    Life isn't all about one's self...

  44. #94
    hamsterwhale
    is riding a 1400 camel
    TeePee hamsterwhale's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    land of woods in a circle
    Posts
    2,945
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ausa View Post
    To those who had paid up, there will be a refund of SGD 26.50 per person
    the room is Rm 172.50. So it only cost Rm 86.25 per person.

    Biker each paid S$50 x 2.41 = M$120.50 - M$86.25 = M$34.25 / 2.41 = S$14.21

    Let me know if somewhere along the way got wrong, thanks
    Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther.
    J. P. Morgan

  45. #95
    ausa
    has no status.
    Class 2 ausa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Bedok Reservoir, Singapore
    Posts
    1,004
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Maybe Arthur will have his way of calculation, I might not be correct, let see what he have got to said.

  46. #96
    Tanarthur
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,101
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ok, by right the calculation is correct. But due the difference in bank exchange rate, i cannot confirm the amount to pay. I based on the deposit I paid which is SGD345 and a sgd30 handling fee, I came up with this refund amount.
    I AM BACK!!!!!

  47. #97
    ausa
    has no status.
    Class 2 ausa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Bedok Reservoir, Singapore
    Posts
    1,004
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Sorry if I had mess up the matter, I than notice the #23, #24, #25. Any way Arthur, I fully support the decision that you had made. Cheers!!

  48. #98
    SNapEl
    wants to go for a looong ride~!!
    TeePee SNapEl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    2,398
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    No worries about the $ first. Reach PD ranch than say


    Life isn't all about one's self...

  49. #99
    Tanarthur
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,101
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    No problem guys. Just want to make it transparent to all. No point going to have fun and in the end all end up unhappy due to $$$. This $$$ very sensitive so better to make it clear.

    ps. me not making anything out of this. The only thing I stand to gain is riding company and friends and fun.
    I AM BACK!!!!!

  50. #100
    SNapEl
    wants to go for a looong ride~!!
    TeePee SNapEl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    2,398
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Lol thx very much arthur for going through much trouble for all of us
    Really appreciate it


    Life isn't all about one's self...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •