User Tag List

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 150 of 437

Thread: [Technical] Queries for TA150

  1. #101
    chuan.z
    has no status.
    Class 2 chuan.z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    SG,SG
    Posts
    1,282
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by ahpuirider View Post
    noticed some brake fluid leaking from the front brake pump near the lever. as brakes are very crucial, i do not want to take chances and went to a bike shop in yishun and replaced the pump kit as it was cheaper compared to replacing the whole pump assembly. it consists of a short shaft, spring, and a rubber seal. it costs me $55 just for a few small items. It came in a plastic wrapping with a honda paper sticked to it, it says honda genuine part and "made in Japan" clearly imprinted on the paper. was quoted $110 for the whole brake pump assembly... just wondering did i get carroted? someone pls help.
    Whole assembly + installation for $110 is steep. I had the same problem before, and also replace only the shaft/spring/rubber seal combination only. However, after that, the brake become noticably tighter to squeeze and worse still, after squeeze, it takes a long while to spring back. In the end, had to have the whole assembly changed. I think it was $85? somewhere thereabout.

  2. #102
    ahpuirider
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    23
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chuan.z View Post
    Whole assembly + installation for $110 is steep. I had the same problem before, and also replace only the shaft/spring/rubber seal combination only. However, after that, the brake become noticably tighter to squeeze and worse still, after squeeze, it takes a long while to spring back. In the end, had to have the whole assembly changed. I think it was $85? somewhere thereabout.

    bro can i ask how much u paid to replace the pump kit? im beginning to find prices rather steep at the yishun bike shop... a rear metzeler tire selling for $95 while planet only $90... im beginning to feel 'carroted' liao...sian

     

     
  3. #103
    TheYasMan
    has your mum's status.
    TeePee TheYasMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Woodlands/Marsiling
    Posts
    2,745
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ahpuirider View Post
    bro can i ask how much u paid to replace the pump kit? im beginning to find prices rather steep at the yishun bike shop... a rear metzeler tire selling for $95 while planet only $90... im beginning to feel 'carroted' liao...sian
    At Yishun industrial? I feel that ALL there are out to chop people.
    I have the best signature.

  4. #104
    ahpuirider
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    23
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheYasMan View Post
    At Yishun industrial? I feel that ALL there are out to chop people.

    you got it right bro, it's there. i like planet so far but ah chong always so busy...

  5. #105
    chuan.z
    has no status.
    Class 2 chuan.z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    SG,SG
    Posts
    1,282
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ahpuirider View Post
    you got it right bro, it's there. i like planet so far but ah chong always so busy...
    I did mine @ Planet... Hehe... Well, as long as your bike shop mech can do a good job and if the price differential is not too much, consider it as paying for the convenience lor.

  6. #106
    ahpuirider
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    23
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i think price difference of > $10 is too much... planet quote for front brake pump abt $80++ while the yishun one quoted me $110... thats more than $20 difference which i think is too much... and the mech has the cheek to say $110 very cheap liao... sianz. anybody know what day and time is ah chong more free?

  7. #107
    jB
    has 4 and counting! :D
    SBF Lacer jB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    a place w/out ERP
    Posts
    18,119
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    price diff of only SGD $5 and thats carroting? if you didn't know, your tyres cost price are actually so much less than what you paid for. Sooooooo how much you think you've been carrot-ted already in folds of SGD$5?
    Click below link or copy+paste for good deals!
    http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/417915-WTS-Shoei-XR-1100-Diabolic-Cimmerian-Mint-Condition-L-Size-CHEAP!-9-8-10?p=8191458#post8191458

    http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/406472-WTS-Blaupunkt-Style-Headphones-Unopened-BNIB!

  8. #108
    nivleK1985
    MIA since god knows when
    SBF Cruisers nivleK1985's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Bukit Panjang
    Posts
    14,128
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    agree w jb, ah chong waiting time can be up to a few hrs...
    but for that $5 u get it fixed earlier...

    so u "buy" time ? lolz
    April'12~Current - Kymco DownTown 125i
    June'09 ~ April'12. - Kymco Grand Dink 150.
    1st June'04 till now 30th June'09. - Honda TA150
    June'11~April'12. - Toyota Hiace '04
    Good ol' days with my Phantom~

    "Baby"

  9. #109
    ahpuirider
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    23
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jB View Post
    price diff of only SGD $5 and thats carroting? if you didn't know, your tyres cost price are actually so much less than what you paid for. Sooooooo how much you think you've been carrot-ted already in folds of SGD$5?
    pls read carefully before u jump to conclusions. i said >$10 in my opinion is considered carroting, and im only referring to the front brake pump not the tire. more than $25 is not carroting? Yasman has already make his point known by saying he think yishun industrial area shops out to carrot ppl one. and im beginning to feel the carroting feeling.

  10. #110
    hamsterwhale
    is riding a 1400 camel
    TeePee hamsterwhale's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    land of woods in a circle
    Posts
    2,945
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ahpuirider View Post
    bro can i ask how much u paid to replace the pump kit? im beginning to find prices rather steep at the yishun bike shop... a rear metzeler tire selling for $95 while planet only $90... im beginning to feel 'carroted' liao...sian
    Quote Originally Posted by ahpuirider View Post
    pls read carefully before u jump to conclusions. i said >$10 in my opinion is considered carroting, and im only referring to the front brake pump not the tire. more than $25 is not carroting? Yasman has already make his point known by saying he think yishun industrial area shops out to carrot ppl one. and im beginning to feel the carroting feeling.
    hi bro, since u mentioned that planet was cheaper, why didn't u change there???

    there muz be a reason right???and that u paid the money from ur wallet without be coerce right???so whats being carroted???

    by large alot of ppl term carroting as paying something for a none existant product or simply fraud...so in this case there isnt right???

    let me draw another example...a bottle of 500ml coke goes for S$1.15 in a supermarket, and the same bottle of coke going for S$2.00 at a certain 24hrs convenience store....so if i were to buy the latter coke...am i being carroted even when i know that there is another cheaper alternatives somewhere else???

    relax bro....this is a learning experience, as long as the work done is not short-change, its ok...but do learn to look around for pricing info before commiting urself....

    i like to go to the P***** shop because its cheap....but then again the time wasted is thats y most of the times i go there i self service...if i wish to let someone else do the job while i pay money, that p***** shop would not be in my top list....


    Cheers!

    PS: this is what a carrot chopping is like....look thru the whole thread http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums...ad.php?t=70539
    Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther.
    J. P. Morgan

  11. #111
    jB
    has 4 and counting! :D
    SBF Lacer jB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    a place w/out ERP
    Posts
    18,119
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nivleK1985 View Post
    agree w jb, ah chong waiting time can be up to a few hrs...
    but for that $5 u get it fixed earlier...

    so u "buy" time ? lolz
    either go where its cheap or go prepare more money to pay

    Quote Originally Posted by ahpuirider View Post
    pls read carefully before u jump to conclusions. i said >$10 in my opinion is considered carroting, and im only referring to the front brake pump not the tire. more than $25 is not carroting? Yasman has already make his point known by saying he think yishun industrial area shops out to carrot ppl one. and im beginning to feel the carroting feeling.
    pls read carefully before you jump to conclusions too.

    What I meant was single item price diff is only Sgd$5 and its not considered carroting to me. But of course if its cost only a few bucks then the price is jacked up by Sgd$5 then well, you know.

    You kinda amuse me when you replaced it first, paid, went around to compare and come online to set yourself on fire.

    Ride safe & stay alive :]
    Click below link or copy+paste for good deals!
    http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/417915-WTS-Shoei-XR-1100-Diabolic-Cimmerian-Mint-Condition-L-Size-CHEAP!-9-8-10?p=8191458#post8191458

    http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/406472-WTS-Blaupunkt-Style-Headphones-Unopened-BNIB!

     

     
  12. #112
    ahcaibiker
    loves MV Agusta
    TeePee ahcaibiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Caucasian Bridge
    Posts
    2,033
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    hey guys, can i ask issit normal for Phantoms to have difficulty starting after parking under heavy downpour conditions? today i try to start so many times (TA150, kick-start) but cannot. park for more 7 hours there and exposed to rain. luckily my colleague helped me and managed to start the bike after awhile. this is my 1st ever difficult exp in starting my bike, until this exp, i always managed to start my bike in 1 kick, sometimes 2 kicks. anyhow have similar exp, anybody know the possible causes if any? thanks.

  13. #113
    hamsterwhale
    is riding a 1400 camel
    TeePee hamsterwhale's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    land of woods in a circle
    Posts
    2,945
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ahcaibiker View Post
    hey guys, can i ask issit normal for Phantoms to have difficulty starting after parking under heavy downpour conditions? today i try to start so many times (TA150, kick-start) but cannot. park for more 7 hours there and exposed to rain. luckily my colleague helped me and managed to start the bike after awhile. this is my 1st ever difficult exp in starting my bike, until this exp, i always managed to start my bike in 1 kick, sometimes 2 kicks. anyhow have similar exp, anybody know the possible causes if any? thanks.
    u got on choke???

    carb bikes jetting are constant, IE to say they won't tune the AF ratio according to the weather, thats y ur experiencing difficulties in starting...but is all rainy weather like this??or only the last time it rain then that thing happens?
    Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther.
    J. P. Morgan

  14. #114
    ahcaibiker
    loves MV Agusta
    TeePee ahcaibiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Caucasian Bridge
    Posts
    2,033
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hamsterwhale View Post
    u got on choke???

    carb bikes jetting are constant, IE to say they won't tune the AF ratio according to the weather, thats y ur experiencing difficulties in starting...but is all rainy weather like this??or only the last time it rain then that thing happens?
    on choke tried starting also no use, last time i got parked there and it rained. i start in 1, 2 kicks no problem, only this time got problem starting. 1st ever difficult attempt in starting my bike. i hope it is a one off thing. once my friend started the bike, the engine didnt die and after i turn the engine off, i can start it in one kick. every morning, i start my bike also no problem, usually start in 1 kick.

  15. #115
    mepkoh
    has no status.
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,520
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Warning..old bikes beware of rain.....
    failing electrical/electronic components subjected to leakages..

    one of the first thing i would do..i the bike can not start after a shower...is to clean/dry spark plugs and caps..etc..
    on very cold days..such as a avery heavy shower...condensation is going o take place..sometimes in the firing chamber, intakes..etc
    what this means is that possibilty of water and even petrol in small amount can be condensed (ie droplets of liquid).. in those areas..this will make your bike very difficult to start...IMHO

  16. #116
    dester79
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    153
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi bros, i'm just bought a secoond hand TA150... my first 2-stroke bike... May I know what spark plug should I use for TA150? Is it the same as TA200?

  17. #117
    K.Sim
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    171
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    bros, my 8 yrs old ta150 feels choked......power comes irregularly. needs to twist throttle aggressively to force the power out. and when power comes on the bike will be very loud and high vibration. engine previously overhauled 1.5yrs ago by prev owner but he only changed those that required to change.piston nvr change.

    any bro exp this and know whats wrong? i haven't go down to planet for a check up yet? wan to ask around first. is it air filter and carburetter? valve jammed? or need to overhaul?

  18. #118
    mepkoh
    has no status.
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,520
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    what is the milage of bike??...this will give and indicatio how used/old this bike iss..
    when power of bike slowly deteriotes....time to do some maintenance..
    when was was the last time u change EO, spark plug,clean air filter, decarbonise inlet/exhaust ports?..maybe pipes too. Retune carb..dont forget the 2t system. how about the the water cooling system..when was it the last time it was cleaned and flushed?
    the sprocket/chain may need to be retensioned/grease or even replacement. Tyres pressure correct?
    loss of power is something u can feel esp in a 2 stroke bike.
    i would check, clean , reset or replace worn out above items...if dont work then we have to open engine..which is the last thing to do...best is to let the expert trouble shoot for u.

    2 stroke bikes dont have inlet or exhaust valves , timing chains and tensioner.

    at high throttle most probably the RC valve is activated..thus u feel a sudden burst of power..
    Last edited by mepkoh; 21-07-2009 at 12:42 AM.

  19. #119
    K.Sim
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    171
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    tats quite a list bro.i jux took over tis bike 1wk only. V busy haven got time to br to checkup. Tks for d headsup.

    Any bro serviced at yishun spc b4?workmanship good?ex?

  20. #120
    mepkoh
    has no status.
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,520
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by K.Sim View Post
    tats quite a list bro.i jux took over tis bike 1wk only. V busy haven got time to br to checkup. Tks for d headsup.

    Any bro serviced at yishun spc b4?workmanship good?ex?
    thast the porblem when u buy a second hand bike..without knowing its history...
    hiaz...not much infor about bike symtoms...so just highlight to u the various solution..
    yeah..thats the best way to go..head to your fav..mech and do a check up, then u can decide what to do..

  21. #121
    dester79
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    153
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dester79 View Post
    Hi bros, i'm just bought a secoond hand TA150... my first 2-stroke bike... May I know what spark plug should I use for TA150? Is it the same as TA200?
    Hi bros, pls help me on this query. Thank you.

     

     
  22. #122
    mepkoh
    has no status.
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,520
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i suppose u have one in the bike?? check that out. just follow that..the motorbike workshop should know.
    if u are buying at a spare parts shop... some have cross references..

  23. #123
    ahcaibiker
    loves MV Agusta
    TeePee ahcaibiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Caucasian Bridge
    Posts
    2,033
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default Denso iridium spark plug

    any Pkers out there using this expensive plug? can i really feel the difference if i use this plug for my TA150? issit an overkill?

  24. #124
    K.Sim
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    171
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    bro mepkoh, cleanin d inlet n exhaust ports need to open block? Is there a diaphram in d ta150 carb?

  25. #125
    mepkoh
    has no status.
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,520
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    decarbonising inlet/exhaust ports best leave it to the work shop...
    decarbonisoing pipe is re;latively easy.

    carb diaphram?? i think this shoud be a simple carb..most probably not...instaed of washing carb..u can try commercial carb/ffuel system cleaners available in giant/petrol stations..etc.these cleaners is targetted at cars..so follow the amount/ratio of fuel/cleaner as staed in the small print..i am sure u will feel that the bike performance improves as u used the cleaner after a few top ups. STP brand is a good choice. personally i like to use this after riding a year or two ..

  26. #126
    K.Sim
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    171
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    jux got my bike back from spc yishun..... rc valve serviced, changed 2nd hand block and piston. coolant carby 2t pump air filter all serviced. clutch throttle and speedo cables changed. prev owner nvr bothered to even change spark plug man.

    finally can feel the 2 stroke power surge easily.

    great idea on the stp fuel treatment. i'll get it asap. is it the STP Gas treatment? i noe there's a few types....what about the FP60 i read somewhere in this forum?

  27. #127
    mepkoh
    has no status.
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,520
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i use fuel system cleaner..not gas treatment. STP should look for something like fuel injectors/fuel system cleaner or something like that. these cleaners are packed with soapy stuff ..claim to clean system.Personally i use thess on my bikes and car..after30k to 40k km ride. i can feel the vehicles accelerate better..

  28. #128
    ahcaibiker
    loves MV Agusta
    TeePee ahcaibiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Caucasian Bridge
    Posts
    2,033
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default TA150 transmission

    appealing for help regarding how many gears does a TA150 transmission has. any current or ex-owners of TA150? does it has 5 or 6 gears? im beginning to fear for the worst for my gear box... i have no problem shifting my gears and getting into neutral. im very sure i can only kick up to gear 5 max, 4 kicks after being on gear one. the problem is after i hit around 80kmh my engine rev is rather high and noisy. is this normal for a TA150? im thinking my gear 6 might rosak liao.... the fastest i whack before was abt 130kmh with throttle to spare but engine like want to explode liao... how much roughly issit to overhaul my gearbox if my 6th gear really up lorry? pls help and many thanks.

  29. #129
    alxlxla
    has no status.
    Class 2B alxlxla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    260
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Heyho,

    Great to see our PK Ta150 still around. Haven't been back here since a long time! I am riding Ta150 since 2001 and still with this great bike! although now i drive most of the time fetching my wife around, nevertheless still love my TA150! (renewing COE soon)

    nivLek1985 ! i think I bought something from you before but forgotten what many years back. don't think you can remember me, btw how are you? still riding??

  30. #130
    caydias
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    130
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    hi all,

    any of you expericed that ur bike just drop dead after rideing for a short while... it sort of similiar to no petrol.. but after pushing it to a petrol station to pump, verified that there's still petrol in it... what could be the problem as i cant even start with i full tank in my bike... spark plug?? but never rain at all today...

  31. #131
    mepkoh
    has no status.
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,520
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    more infor required??/ what is the actual circumstances???
    is it stalling a traffic lights...can restart when the bike cools down?
    Spark plug do fail( occasionally but seldom fail suddenly most times the power of the bike deteriorates real fast ,only heard of one guy with a "explodded" one before)...and most times they are fouled up..esp for 2 stroker like the ta 150.Check your spark plug condition ie colour of the electrdoes ..are they black, brown or whitish. this colour indicates the condition of your ignition /power stroke of the engine.

     

     
  32. #132
    caydias
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    130
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    not stalling at the traffice lights.. it's while traveling there is a total lost of power... slowing down to a total stop just like how it will be when there is no petrol.. no explosion sounds or watever... bike cant restart even after a long period of time...

  33. #133
    mepkoh
    has no status.
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,520
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    it look like a component/system failure.
    in cases like this ..we have to go down to basics.ie 3 thing s need to be met for starting a bike....
    1..sparking?? check for spark...remove spark plug..then fixed it to the plug cap.
    place the negative electrode(the bent one) on to the engine or anywhere on the chasis.
    choose a good location on the bike and restrat bike as usual..wacth for spark..if everthing is okay u should see a steady blue spark..if there is no spark then obviously the problem likes with the sparking system and u can start from here to figure out what is wrong..namely spark plug, high tension cable, coil, cdi, rectiier/alternator..etd,

    2. Fuel?? is it good? is it getting to the carb?? to confirm this..at the carb there is a drain screw right at the bottom of it...remove it and check the petrol by visual /smelling it..sometimes there may be water and other scum in it( bad petrol)..if no petrol come out..means float may be a problem or some obstruction along the delivery system. and u verify whether it is the carb problem or tube or pertolcock problem or even rusty tank.

    3. compression?? is your bike running with good power lately?? how old is your bike?? gone for a piston change before..??
    compression failure could be a result o the following..
    valve leaking?? done any top overhaul lately?
    piston/rings failure.

    compression test.. remove spark plug.
    place a clen cloth over the opening and press hard with thumb over it..sealing the hole.
    next start engine...your thumb would be push away by the pressure created oin the cylinder but if u still can hold it down means compression needs to be fixed..

    if all3 thing s okay engin..e should be a ble to start..
    the above is aprelimary check ..and would give u an idea whether this is a electrical or mechanical or a fuel/mix fialure..u can then work from there ,
    good luck

  34. #134
    caydias
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    130
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mepkoh View Post
    it look like a component/system failure.
    in cases like this ..we have to go down to basics.ie 3 thing s need to be met for starting a bike....
    1..sparking?? check for spark...remove spark plug..then fixed it to the plug cap.
    place the negative electrode(the bent one) on to the engine or anywhere on the chasis.
    choose a good location on the bike and restrat bike as usual..wacth for spark..if everthing is okay u should see a steady blue spark..if there is no spark then obviously the problem likes with the sparking system and u can start from here to figure out what is wrong..namely spark plug, high tension cable, coil, cdi, rectiier/alternator..etd,

    2. Fuel?? is it good? is it getting to the carb?? to confirm this..at the carb there is a drain screw right at the bottom of it...remove it and check the petrol by visual /smelling it..sometimes there may be water and other scum in it( bad petrol)..if no petrol come out..means float may be a problem or some obstruction along the delivery system. and u verify whether it is the carb problem or tube or pertolcock problem or even rusty tank.

    3. compression?? is your bike running with good power lately?? how old is your bike?? gone for a piston change before..??
    compression failure could be a result o the following..
    valve leaking?? done any top overhaul lately?
    piston/rings failure.

    compression test.. remove spark plug.
    place a clen cloth over the opening and press hard with thumb over it..sealing the hole.
    next start engine...your thumb would be push away by the pressure created oin the cylinder but if u still can hold it down means compression needs to be fixed..

    if all3 thing s okay engin..e should be a ble to start..
    the above is aprelimary check ..and would give u an idea whether this is a electrical or mechanical or a fuel/mix fialure..u can then work from there ,
    good luck
    hey mepkoh,
    thanks for these infos.. managed to rectify the problem... it turns out to be spark plug problem.. the previous owner never change it during his so called 'full servicing'... had quite a hard time searching for parts during this long weekend... impressed with the knowledge you have for phantom... hope to join the next clinic session if possible, can learn more abt my phantom

  35. #135
    mepkoh
    has no status.
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,520
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i have a 15 year old ...she has its temper and pesonality..
    for that i have to bear all her quirkiness ..eg she is a drinker..no choice but to treat that illness with the utmost care..if not she will not move..hahahaa
    the tools i keep in the box...hahahaaa..sometimes she needs to be hammered and screwed to wake her up...u should see the things the do to her to perform..
    well in any case...she is my baby..i take good care o her..so that she performs good everytime at anytime.

    so take good care of your ride..and in turn she will give u a good ride.
    Last edited by mepkoh; 12-08-2009 at 10:51 PM.

  36. #136
    caydias
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    130
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    haha.. mine just pasted her 10 years birthday.. give her condition and age.. think those owners before mi took care of her quite well... guess i got much to learn from you to maintain her at gd operating condition..

  37. #137
    mepkoh
    has no status.
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,520
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    sign up at the clinic for a diy session on a chain oiler..thats the messy/expensive chore u have to do on a regular basis to the chain...i am sure u will apprecaite this thingy after u have tried oily it manually. For me it is goodbye greasy hands and all the bending and bike pushing to get it done properly..my back can take a rest from it..hahah
    i dont have to tell u the danger of a badly maintain chain??
    take care man..maybe my mantra should ..take care of you ride and the rdie will take care of u.

  38. #138
    ahcaibiker
    loves MV Agusta
    TeePee ahcaibiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Caucasian Bridge
    Posts
    2,033
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default Engine knocking sound

    Hey guys, my TA150's engine having some knocking noise lately, only happens when it's idling on neutral gear with clutch engaged. i.e whenever i clutch in the knocking sound dissappear. other than this sound problem, the engine has no other problems at all.

    Engine overhauled b4 abt a year ago under previous owner.. Some bugger stole the 2T reservoir cap and rainwater went in, was unaware and ride till shiok chiok then caused piston jam...

    Is the knocking sound normal or something is wrong and needs to be rectified?
    Class 2B - 26/03/2009
    Class 2A - 01/06/2010
    Class 3 - 10/07/2009

    Rides(s)
    1) Honda TA150 - 20/04/2009 to 31/08/2014

    2) Honda CB400 Ver S - 12/07/2014 to ???

  39. #139
    Hydher
    Is selling his GSXR1000
    SBF Phantom Knights Hydher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,551
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    it obviously isnt normal mate.

  40. #140
    ahcaibiker
    loves MV Agusta
    TeePee ahcaibiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Caucasian Bridge
    Posts
    2,033
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydher View Post
    it obviously isnt normal mate.
    If it's not normal, can someone help by trying to pin point where the problem lies? engine problem or clutch plate problem? cos it only have the knocking sound when im on neutral with clutch engaged (clutch lever not pulled in). when i open throttle and ride as per normal, no knocking sound too. engine power and torque all there.
    Class 2B - 26/03/2009
    Class 2A - 01/06/2010
    Class 3 - 10/07/2009

    Rides(s)
    1) Honda TA150 - 20/04/2009 to 31/08/2014

    2) Honda CB400 Ver S - 12/07/2014 to ???

  41. #141
    hamsterwhale
    is riding a 1400 camel
    TeePee hamsterwhale's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    land of woods in a circle
    Posts
    2,945
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    it should be ur clutch assy, as in the clutch spring, if not it might be the gear train acting up....my best diagnosis is to do this, ride as per normal, then u upshift and accelerate all in one swift movement, if the gear goes back to the one before u upshift, chances are gear fork not holding onto the gear train properly....

    i think if u can let us hear then its easy to pin point the exact location, and what is that area.....
    Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther.
    J. P. Morgan

     

     
  42. #142
    ahcaibiker
    loves MV Agusta
    TeePee ahcaibiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Caucasian Bridge
    Posts
    2,033
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    went to consult chong, told me it's not a major issue. went down to planet this morning and change sprocket and chain, rear wheel bearing and service my carb (wash, replaced a needle like thing (told by Chong, it controls the amount of petrol), and the rubber seal.) now bike feels much better. smoother power flow and acceleration.
    Class 2B - 26/03/2009
    Class 2A - 01/06/2010
    Class 3 - 10/07/2009

    Rides(s)
    1) Honda TA150 - 20/04/2009 to 31/08/2014

    2) Honda CB400 Ver S - 12/07/2014 to ???

  43. #143
    mepkoh
    has no status.
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,520
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ahcaibiker View Post
    went to consult chong, told me it's not a major issue. went down to planet this morning and change sprocket and chain, rear wheel bearing and service my carb (wash, replaced a needle like thing (told by Chong, it controls the amount of petrol), and the rubber seal.) now bike feels much better. smoother power flow and acceleration.
    what is the colour of your exhaust gasese?? is it black or white or no colour or s hades ofblack/white..?? or that smoke only seen at high rpm??

  44. #144
    ahcaibiker
    loves MV Agusta
    TeePee ahcaibiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Caucasian Bridge
    Posts
    2,033
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mepkoh View Post
    what is the colour of your exhaust gasese?? is it black or white or no colour or s hades ofblack/white..?? or that smoke only seen at high rpm??
    when engine is cold, there will be white smoke, if i rev hard (when engine is still cold), more white smoke. when engine warmed up, colourless smoke but if i whack throttle, 2T valve opened big, got white smoke. my amount of white smoke is minimal compared to most 2 strokers out there. e.g: rxz, krr and sp.
    Class 2B - 26/03/2009
    Class 2A - 01/06/2010
    Class 3 - 10/07/2009

    Rides(s)
    1) Honda TA150 - 20/04/2009 to 31/08/2014

    2) Honda CB400 Ver S - 12/07/2014 to ???

  45. #145
    mepkoh
    has no status.
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,520
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    as expected...if your exhaustb leaks 2t....you will be throwing money away..

    if your bike is smoking white smoke constantly at whatever speed...it could mean one thing...the coolant is somehow gets into the exhaust...and that means trouble..
    Last edited by mepkoh; 02-09-2009 at 09:51 PM.

  46. #146
    ahcaibiker
    loves MV Agusta
    TeePee ahcaibiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Caucasian Bridge
    Posts
    2,033
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mepkoh View Post
    as expected...if your exhaustb leaks 2t....you will be throwing money away..

    if your bike is smoking white smoke constantly at whatever speed...it could mean one thing...the coolant is somehow gets into the exhaust...and that means trouble..
    there is no leakage at all at the the exit of my end can. i still hold on to my opinion that it is normal for 2 strokers to emit some white smoke due to 2T. i will worry instead if there is no white smoke from my exhaust whenever i rev my engine hard. i'll check my 2T reservoir once every 2 weeks to make sure a healthy level of 2T resides in the reservoir. My 2T consumption rate is low, my last top up was more than 2 months back but as of now, reservoir still half filled.

    btw, currently using elf 2T. any better 2T to reccommend? Im thinking of motul.
    Class 2B - 26/03/2009
    Class 2A - 01/06/2010
    Class 3 - 10/07/2009

    Rides(s)
    1) Honda TA150 - 20/04/2009 to 31/08/2014

    2) Honda CB400 Ver S - 12/07/2014 to ???

  47. #147
    mepkoh
    has no status.
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,520
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i dont ride with a fast and furious way..so whatever 2t is okay...unless u do ride fast tahts a diff story. I have no answer or that.

    my last ride..bought 1L 2t..can last for 2000km easily.ie ratio/mix is 1:100.
    those u see with their exhaust leaking, i am not surprise the ratio/mix is 1:50 ..
    Last edited by mepkoh; 02-09-2009 at 10:20 PM.

  48. #148
    ahcaibiker
    loves MV Agusta
    TeePee ahcaibiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Caucasian Bridge
    Posts
    2,033
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mepkoh View Post
    i dont ride with a fast and furious way..so whatever 2t is okay...unless u do ride fast tahts a diff story. I have no answer or that.

    my last ride..bought 1L 2t..can last for 2000km easily.
    i like to acclerate hard and fast especially from stop at traffic light junctions as i prefer a clear traffic in front of me. sometimes i do speed in excess of 100kmh when i feel like it and when i think its safe enough to do so. i have to admit my elf 2T smells kinda nice in its "unburnt" still in the container state.

    i heard pennzoil 2T is good, but so far never seen it in bike shops. anybody using other brands of 2T before? reviews pls.
    Class 2B - 26/03/2009
    Class 2A - 01/06/2010
    Class 3 - 10/07/2009

    Rides(s)
    1) Honda TA150 - 20/04/2009 to 31/08/2014

    2) Honda CB400 Ver S - 12/07/2014 to ???

  49. #149
    sendoec
    has no status.
    P Plate sendoec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    134
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Problems with engine and gear changing

    Hi,

    Need advice from fellow TA150 riders on my 2 problems.
    1) Recently my engine stopped 3 times, twice while stopped at traffic junction, waiting for light change in neutral gear. Once while riding at KPE midway. My solution was turn on my reserve & kick start again. Smtimes kick start a few times immediately, engine bk. But smtimes i need 2 wait while, maybe 5-10 mins, kick start den engine can start again. Is the problem just no petrol or smthg serious??

    2)When I stop w/o changin dwn gears, stoppin at 6th gear with clutch fully depressed, I cannot cannot dwn e gear. My solution was release e clutch slightly until a tick sound was felt & heard, den change 1 gear dwn, & keep repeating the procedure until i reach neutral. Is this normal??

    V appreciate fellow riders opinions & advices on my problems.

  50. #150
    mepkoh
    has no status.
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,520
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sendoec View Post
    Hi,

    Need advice from fellow TA150 riders on my 2 problems.
    1) Recently my engine stopped 3 times, twice while stopped at traffic junction, waiting for light change in neutral gear. Once while riding at KPE midway. My solution was turn on my reserve & kick start again. Smtimes kick start a few times immediately, engine bk. But smtimes i need 2 wait while, maybe 5-10 mins, kick start den engine can start again. Is the problem just no petrol or smthg serious??

    2)When I stop w/o changin dwn gears, stoppin at 6th gear with clutch fully depressed, I cannot cannot dwn e gear. My solution was release e clutch slightly until a tick sound was felt & heard, den change 1 gear dwn, & keep repeating the procedure until i reach neutral. Is this normal??

    V appreciate fellow riders opinions & advices on my problems.
    1..you mean the bike stall while idling at traffic lights??
    and it also stalls while u are on the move riding??

    when was the last time you have tune your carb ??
    when was the last EO change??how many km ago??
    when was the last time you have cleaned the filter??
    when was the spark plug changed..??

    answer this questions and you have your answer there.. could be lean mix..
    old bikes tends to auto to lean mix with time...this is a result of the joints getting loose, and lean mixes result in very hot engines..thus sometimes you have to cool down to get it started again..
    while you are on the move did thee temp gauge lights up?? maybe it is time to flush your radiator and give it a clean coolant. there is apossibility that the engine was so hot that the engine seized... and after it cools it can be started again.


    as for the gears ..when was the clutch plates changed??
    could be just a simple case of clutch spring and or clutch plates...go to a mech to get opinions..or just a simple clutch cable adjustment.

    as ta150 are old bikes...maintenance will be a major activity...yeah this is unavoidable..they need more repalcement of parts as they aged
    while u are at the shop ask their opinions on 2 strokes bike cylinder head/ports for it to be decarbonised.....
    Last edited by mepkoh; 14-09-2009 at 03:43 PM.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •