am92
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Recently i have been running issues with my carb. Wide open throttle was empty feeling (as if no/little fuel is flowing). Went to planet to get it checked. ah chong rode my bike and agreed there was something wrong with my WOT. He opened the top part of my carb and replaced the spring and the rubber diaphragm. Initially problem was remedied but after a while the problem persists again. So went back to ah chong and he replaced the same part the 2nd time. Ok for a while then problem came back again. So came back third time, ah chong gave up on changing that particular part and he changed my carb to a 2nd hand carb. So far so good, but after a week there is some feeling of the problem reappearing slowly. Ah chong told me my air suction valve has also spoilt cos my exhaust would pop during deceleration and i told him no need to change cos i dont want to pay additional. Besides it sounds good haha. I researched on the internet and from what i learn, the air suction valve only function to supply air to exhaust gases to ensure complete combustion and reduce emission. Is there any possibility that the spoilt air suction valve is causing my carb to spoil again?

Any suggestions guys? Im quite sian to travel back to planet over again. I missed my old carb when it was working. FC, acceleration and top speed was good. Now this new carb doesnt idle well and acceleration a little sluggish. My phantom has been problem free for the past year but now many problems surfacing. Dont want to spend money more than I should cos im just a student.

pom4ek
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have a question!
    My Exhaust have a small hole on the bottom of chrome part, I ask mechanic to fix it, but he says that it's normal made by manufacturer to drain water...
    Is he right?

Silent Hunter
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pom4ek View Post
    Have a question!
    My Exhaust have a small hole on the bottom of chrome part, I ask mechanic to fix it, but he says that it's normal made by manufacturer to drain water...
    Is he right?
    Yes. He is right.
    Motorcyclist are the nicest people on the road, try not to kill us.

pom4ek
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is somebody have a manual how to adjust valves on Honda Phantom?

oahihz
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi guys, would anyone know if a weak battery affects the running performance of the bike? (e.g. fluctuating idle speed) or is that a problem from another part of the bike?

Hydher
    Is selling his GSXR1000
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by am92 View Post
    Recently i have been running issues with my carb. Wide open throttle was empty feeling (as if no/little fuel is flowing). Went to planet to get it checked. ah chong rode my bike and agreed there was something wrong with my WOT. He opened the top part of my carb and replaced the spring and the rubber diaphragm. Initially problem was remedied but after a while the problem persists again. So went back to ah chong and he replaced the same part the 2nd time. Ok for a while then problem came back again. So came back third time, ah chong gave up on changing that particular part and he changed my carb to a 2nd hand carb. So far so good, but after a week there is some feeling of the problem reappearing slowly. Ah chong told me my air suction valve has also spoilt cos my exhaust would pop during deceleration and i told him no need to change cos i dont want to pay additional. Besides it sounds good haha. I researched on the internet and from what i learn, the air suction valve only function to supply air to exhaust gases to ensure complete combustion and reduce emission. Is there any possibility that the spoilt air suction valve is causing my carb to spoil again?

Any suggestions guys? Im quite sian to travel back to planet over again. I missed my old carb when it was working. FC, acceleration and top speed was good. Now this new carb doesnt idle well and acceleration a little sluggish. My phantom has been problem free for the past year but now many problems surfacing. Dont want to spend money more than I should cos im just a student.
    Air fuel ratio
    charging
    clogged fuel line or filter
    Dragstar 400 classic & Zx6r

Hydher
    Is selling his GSXR1000
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by oahihz View Post
    Hi guys, would anyone know if a weak battery affects the running performance of the bike? (e.g. fluctuating idle speed) or is that a problem from another part of the bike?
    A weak battery will not affect idling after initial warm up
    Dragstar 400 classic & Zx6r

ber
    has no status.
    Class 2A
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyone knows how much fork oil in the front to put and what is the purpose of the allen key nut at the bottom for? is it to drain oil?

wdwflash
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Image (6) (745x1024).jpg

POM: Valve adjust.

ber
    has no status.
    Class 2A
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for sharing your info. Really appreciate it.

pikapika82
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuel consumption used to be 40km/L but has gradually dropped to 34Km/L and bike feel sluggish after 90km/hr. Have washed Carburettor and changed clutch plate recently. Anyone know what is the problem? TIA

am92
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can try to do regular maintenance first. Change air filter, spark plug, engine oil

DNAdevil
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Is this call 200M?

4d40ff297056fbdb0d8cf3477.jpg
    Hi guys is this model called 200M?

The previous version is TA200.

Do correct me if i'm wrong

Im collecting my bike this coming Saturday, so thinking is there a led bulb for this headlight? will be grateful if anyone can share some info with me
    Last edited by DNAdevil; 14-06-2016 at 12:22 PM.

wdwflash
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like a stock TA200 Phantom to me. No modification that I can see. The Honda TA200 is a very strong bike with few faults. One is the cam chain tensioner the other is the headlight. The headlight tends to get hot and over years the plastic behind the bulb degrades. I replaced mine. Also the reflector and glass tend to degrade making the light dim. For mods check out my build on this forum. Chaing Rai Saddlebags of Thailand has some nice soft and hard side bags for the Phantom and a few other things. Yos at Faddybike@gmail.com in Bangkok takes paypal, ships, and can order any OEM part for the Phantom. He is great to work with and will email you pages from the parts manual for the part you need, then you tell him what number it is, he emails you the price, you paypal it, he gets the parts and packages the parts, tells you the shipping price, you paypal the shipping price and he mails with a tracking number. I've bought lots of parts from him.
    Last edited by wdwflash; 14-06-2016 at 01:49 PM.

DNAdevil
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the info given. Is there any white light bulb that i can buy to install on the headlight? wanted to know what is the bulb type so that i could try source out.

wdwflash
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd just go with the stock bulb and look at my headlight reflector. If its not 100% and most are not, I'd replace that as it makes a big difference. (it did on mine.) That headlight is plastic and doesn't take much heat. For better lighting maybe an aftermarket headlight with a stronger bulb.

DNAdevil
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

actually im thinking of the LED bulb just not sure if anyone tried before.
    TB2kJgOlFXXXXb9XpXXXXXXXXXX_!!350693388.jpg

am92
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tried it before and brightness is somewhat between 25w and 35w halogen. The benefit is white light, less energy consumption and the bulb is cooler so doesnt melt off your headlight housing. Have tried 35W halogen and it melted my original headlight housing in the long run. The led would work better if the glare protector in the headlight was removed so that the light could project further. Im using oem headlight from ah boy and the glare protector broke off due to vibration. You will be amazed at how much brighter your headlight would be without the glare protector. If you would like to try the led bulb, get one with a concave projector lens

Rochmer
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to remove ta200 handle grip? Will any universal grip fit?

ber
    has no status.
    Class 2A
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi can show pic n share cost of the stuff from ah boy? Very keen, must change entire lamp?

am92
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its exactly the same as the original lamp just that it's of lower quality. Probably made in China. You can just try to remove the glare protector of your original headlight using any tools u can. For me the glare protector broke off by itself due to poor quality and was left inside the headlight housing. The size of the glare protector makes it difficult to get it out.

am92
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Other than breaking the glare protector u can choose for a subtle approach by removing the screw that secures the glare protector to the headlight housing. Due to the unique thread on the screw, it is difficult to get out with a regular screw driver. U may try using a screw extractor (such as speed out) together with a drill to get the screw removed.

Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 253132333435