User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Classes 2B/2 singapore license conversion from foreign rider license thread...

kilat
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This confirms the first post. My bro called and got this info:

1. An expired Singapore license cannot be renewed after 3 years,
    2. You have to apply to convert your US/Foreign License to Singapore License,
    3. You need to take the Basic Theory Test (BTT) administered by the couple of driving schools in Singapore,
    4. Have to apply for the BTT in person and waiting time is approx 4 weeks. The Traffic Police lady said you can seek the respective Chief Tester at the driving schools to allow a shorter wait time. But for sure the driving school would need you to take a couple of their Lessons before taking the BTT,
    5. As for the full class 2, you would need to show proof that you had owned a big CC bike for the past 3 years. Such proof could include registration papers or insurance certificates etc.

This will apply to anyone who has never had a Singapore license, expired Singapore license or has obtained a foreign license while overseas.

Hope this helps others with the same issues. Thanks to my bro for doing this.
    Last edited by kilat; 03-08-2011 at 11:13 PM.

krocozkid
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi bro, i juz got my license in indonesia. and 2 more wks my school's gonna start which means i will be holding a student pass. so to say, am i able to ride in singapore for 1 yr? previously i stayed in singapore for around 6 years, completing my PSLE and my GCE O lvls. Thanks and regards!! =)
    Last edited by krocozkid; 10-09-2011 at 03:51 PM.

Joy.win11
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Friends,

I am from India and will be there in Singapore for 4 Years.

Now in India, they don't issue license such in classes. If you have a license you can ride any bike of any class, be it a moped or a litre class bike.

Now, I hold a bike driving license from past 4 Years and owning a 160 cc and 250 cc bike.

Now which class of license I should be given if I want to localise.

Thanks,
    Joy

Arcaninx
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where can i take a bike license in JB?

krocozkid
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

any1 know whether i can get a better outcome when i show my insurance to convert my bike license??cause currently im using foreign license to ride in sg for a yr, but just now i cant convert because my date of issue of the license is later than the student pass. thankss

airec02
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a lot of scholl driving. but which area of jb u wan. near to woodland or 2nd link.

mcyi9kt4
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default converting full uk license

hi guys i am a singaporean studying in the uk and i just passed my full uk bike license in addition have been holding my sg car license for about 6 years. i was wondering how can i go about converting my bike license to a class 2a or 2 when i get back to sg? with my uk license could i buy and ride a class 2 in sg for a year before converting? thank you guys in advance for helping me out

vinodhm_k
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi guys

Iam an Indian Working in Singapore for 4 Years holding Employment Pass, I never drove a Bike in singapore, Now I have an international License, can I still still drive for 12 months without
    converting to Singapore License ? (or do I need to convert to a singapore license to drive since Iam here already for four years ?)

Jenga
    has found his new bike
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would just like to share my negative experience yesterday when I went to Woodlands driving centre to try and convert my full European license to a class 2. The desk officer was unwilling to convert even after explaining my history and when I insisted they brought me to the supervisor and this uncle had already made up his mind without listening or viewing and background. There was no way he was going to convert my valid license...

Will try and follow the approach of just using my foreign license and ride around for a year before trying to convert again, maybe with that track record they will be more open to listen.

Seriously annoying to be denied a full license when you have several years of experience riding a class 2 bike. Don't think I will enjoy a 2B anymore at this point...

di_andrei
    waitinggg
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jenga View Post
    Would just like to share my negative experience yesterday when I went to Woodlands driving centre to try and convert my full European license to a class 2. The desk officer was unwilling to convert even after explaining my history and when I insisted they brought me to the supervisor and this uncle had already made up his mind without listening or viewing and background. There was no way he was going to convert my valid license...

Will try and follow the approach of just using my foreign license and ride around for a year before trying to convert again, maybe with that track record they will be more open to listen.

Seriously annoying to be denied a full license when you have several years of experience riding a class 2 bike. Don't think I will enjoy a 2B anymore at this point...
    You can always try again at a different centre. Are you currently riding a class 2 bike on your foreign licence? Most people in this situation have managed to convert to class 2 successfully. Bring documents with you, such as proof of insurance from your home country, that you have been insured for a long time for riding a class 2 bike.

Jenga
    has found his new bike
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by di_andrei View Post
    You can always try again at a different centre. Are you currently riding a class 2 bike on your foreign licence? Most people in this situation have managed to convert to class 2 successfully. Bring documents with you, such as proof of insurance from your home country, that you have been insured for a long time for riding a class 2 bike.
    Definitely gonna try at another centre again. Currently looking to buy a class 2 bike here but this experience bring some doubt in my mind as I do not want to end up with class 2 bike and only class 2b license... I did not bring any documents with me last time but as mentioned, the uncle there wasn't gonna look at it anyway, his mind was made up from the moment I step into his office...

zonk
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Answer found
    Last edited by zonk; 06-12-2012 at 04:12 PM.

wlun228
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do have a question

I read somewhere in MOM, "Work Permit holder is not allow to drive in singapore unless your job scope is related to driving"

however im not sure it is refer to both car and motorbike or ONLY car ?

so my main question is, can a work permit holder ride a SG motor in SG ?

(of course after convert to SG license)

Ashk
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey guys, Im 18 and i just moved to Singapore. I used to ride a ninja 250 back in my country (India) . My question is there gonna be any problems with getting insurance ? Went to a dealer at ubi last week and he wasn't sure either. Anybody here knows how it works ?
    Thanks

ViciousKitty74
    is shopping for flat.
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ashk.

You need to have your a Singapore Riding Licence ready before you can get insurance.
    41/Female/Singapore. Prefers her men single, rich & almost dead. Licences: Class 2B, 2A, 2, 3, 4 & 5. Boats, Weapons Shooting, Taxis, Tour Guide Licences. Now working (not so hard) on getting fixed & rotary wings licence. Blah, blah, blah and blah.....

Jenfjnifer
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no, you cannot convert a restricted license.

nat88
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the useful info! Its been very helpful!

jo3natan
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"also, if you already hold a valid singapore license (eg, class 3), conversion is FREE and instantaneous! a class 2B/2 endorsement will added on as a sticker laminate to your existing license." quote from page 1.

Is this still valid? because its contradicting with post from http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums...oreign-License any one can provide useful info/link?

thanks before!

jasonlel
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I converted my MY car driving licence to SG driving licence last year. Because I was posted back to Malaysia to work, and now I got my B full licence in MY. In future can I convert my B full to class 2 licence in Sg, anyone with similar experience.
    Harley Iron 883 and RSD freak!

Arawac
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the usefull info. Got my unrestricted license in the Netherlands about 3 years ago.
    Comming soon (I hope).....
    Will drive 600+ cc bike for the 1st 12 months then convert to full.
    I was thinking of taking some practical lessons, for the particulars in Singapore (for Safety), any idea if any of the schools offer such an "intro into driving in Singapore" ?
    If not; might be a good idea ?

Cheers,

virux
    has status : NA
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SSDC provide such courses, Not sure about others like cdc or bbdc.
    http://www.ssdcl.com.sg/

Motorcar refresher course
    Motorcar Expressway driving course
    Motorcar Familarization Course

Arawac
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by virux View Post
    SSDC provide such courses, Not sure about others like cdc or bbdc.
    http://www.ssdcl.com.sg/

Motorcar refresher course
    Motorcar Expressway driving course
    Motorcar Familarization Course
    Hmmm, ok thanks, I will look into it.

kweston80
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi all

I recently converted from an Australian unrestricted licence and was only able to obtain a Class 2B as I do not have proof of testing or training on a larger motorcycle. I did test and train on a 250cc in Sydney but the licensing authorities in Sydney don't provide those kind of records - all they can give me is a record saying when my license was issued, reissued etc etc. I have proof of ownership and insurance of a 250 but they want the proof of testing and training

So all I have is a very simple looking document saying on what date I got my provisional, then a year later when I got my unrestricted etc etc.

Has anyone else on this forum successfully converted an Australian licence to anything other than a 2B? I respect the process to convert to a Class 2 but I would really at least like to be able to get a 2A particularly as I have the testing and experience on a 250

Thanks

di_andrei
    waitinggg
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not the best approach. As a holder of an unrestricted foreign licence you should have just bought and used a 2A/2 bike - then went for conversion towards the end of your first year, with evidence of insurance and having driven a 2A bike in Singapore for the past year.

If you have already converted to 2B, my best advice is sign up for class 2A as soon as possible, and best of luck.

gohjohan
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kweston80 View Post
    Hi all

I recently converted from an Australian unrestricted licence and was only able to obtain a Class 2B as I do not have proof of testing or training on a larger motorcycle. I did test and train on a 250cc in Sydney but the licensing authorities in Sydney don't provide those kind of records - all they can give me is a record saying when my license was issued, reissued etc etc. I have proof of ownership and insurance of a 250 but they want the proof of testing and training

So all I have is a very simple looking document saying on what date I got my provisional, then a year later when I got my unrestricted etc etc.

Has anyone else on this forum successfully converted an Australian licence to anything other than a 2B? I respect the process to convert to a Class 2 but I would really at least like to be able to get a 2A particularly as I have the testing and experience on a 250

Thanks
    I converted my Queensland license at CDC. What the lady at the counter did was look up Queensland Transport book and I pointed out to her that my open license is the same as Class 2. I didn't have to show her evidence of rider training though. That was in 2005, but I was studying in Brisbane, so I had to show evidence that I was studying that time, so I showed her my transcripts, passport, etc......

fransisco
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi... i've heard from other foreigner experience that owning and riding bike above class 2b within period 12month is not enough to get your international driving license to convert to full class 2/2a. Other docs require is proff of proper training riding bike above class 2b and ownership docs of bike with higher capacity outside SG. so, anyone can confirm this, seems the rule has changed or its matter of which and who you approach at driving centre?

Taurian365
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rules are there but mostly depends on the officer available at the driving center...

gohjohan
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Taurian365 View Post
    Rules are there but mostly depends on the officer available at the driving center...
    That's right, it is. If that officer don't give, try another one

laurencio
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi everyone,

Any malaysians here who managed to convert their full B (unrestricted license) riding license to class 2 ? I have a full B license and have been riding with it for the past 10 years in Malaysia. The problem is I don't have proof of ownership of big CC bikes in Malaysia. Anyone have managed to convert their license to class 2 without having to furnish these documents of ownership? Would appreciate all the advice I can get. Thank u very much.

Gfeng
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey guys I am in bit of an unusual situation here,
    Singaporean. I got my 2b license in Singapore after which I went to the uk for my studies for 2 years , I converted my license there and the license turned into a full uk class 2 bike license just like that with no training involved,after which I got myself a class 2 bike for 2years with insurance and ownership papers in the uk. Is there any chance of converting into a class 2 after I get back to Singapore?

kaiq
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure. But my friend rode a CBR900 in Australia but came here have to start with 2B.

gohjohan
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gfeng View Post
    Singaporean. I got my 2b license in Singapore after which I went to the uk for my studies for 2 years , I converted my license there and the license turned into a full uk class 2 bike license just like that with no training involved,after which I got myself a class 2 bike for 2years with insurance and ownership papers in the uk. Is there any chance of converting into a class 2 after I get back to Singapore?
    I don't know but I hope so. As long as you fulfil the requirements to convert license in Singapore, should be ok

Genius
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yea. call any of the centres to check.

wytaaan
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

do let me know what's the end result. I've gotten myself in the similar predicament, but I'm still in the UK.

ticks
    is learning supermoto
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's the fuss? Converting from
    Msia license to sg is easy enough. I think your case should be easier still.
    Ride fast..ride safe..don't crash...

wytaaan
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's because we did not go through any official motorcycle training or tests over here in the UK to get our unrestricted UK licence. We just converted our 2B licence without taking any tests/training. I'm currently riding a bandit 600 over here with my UK licence, but I have no idea if I'm able to get a class 2 licence when I head back to sg.

ticks
    is learning supermoto
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They've got no way to trace if you did your practical or not in the first place right..? I think they'll let u convert to have class 2 directly..

Practically speaking, it's Abit of a no brainer if they ask u to go through 2a training again when you're already riding a 600. Lol
    Ride fast..ride safe..don't crash...

filtered
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is similar situation to me 12 yrs ago. I alrdy had Class 2A in sg before i went to UK to study. Converted it to full license there and had a 750cc bike for 2 yrs.
    However when I came back to SG and converted back, they will only give the license which you last had, ie 2A in my case. So i just went on and took Class 2 here.

So unless they've changed the rules, very likely they will give you back 2B

daz3
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by filtered View Post
    This is similar situation to me 12 yrs ago. I alrdy had Class 2A in sg before i went to UK to study. Converted it to full license there and had a 750cc bike for 2 yrs.
    However when I came back to SG and converted back, they will only give the license which you last had, ie 2A in my case. So i just went on and took Class 2 here.

So unless they've changed the rules, very likely they will give you back 2B
    Wow Singapore licence are recognised as Class 2 there in UK?

filtered
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by daz3 View Post
    Wow Singapore licence are recognised as Class 2 there in UK?
    They dont have different class of license.

Basically they only have provisional license, whereby you have to ride with L-plate and restricted to 125cc, and full license which is unrestricted.

So if you alrdy have a license from SG, they will give you full license.

daz3
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have any idea if they have bike rental there in UK?

filtered
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not that I'm aware, but google should be able to find

daz3
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

kk thanks.Will be nice to go touring there in the UK.

Gfeng
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea they have but it's pricey though.

Gfeng
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks guys I'll post back here what happened after I return to singapore.

jasonlel
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any updates?

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk
    Harley Iron 883 and RSD freak!

wytaaan
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nope, currently still in UK. Will be back in October, and update here. When are you coming back to sg?

Gfeng
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Update**

Even with 2 years no claim bonus and ownership papers of a 600cc bike in the uk---- rejected for class 2 conversion.

Requirements to convert as said by the lady at the tp counter.

1.)Proof of training on a class 2 motorcycle.
    (whoever trying to convert could try to apply for a training course in the uk and you can convert in Singapore if you adhere to point 2,3,4)

2.)No claim bonus /insurance papers 2 years and more(the more the merrier).
    3.)ownership papers of large cc bike.
    4.)valid reason to be overseas eg. studies with visa and transcript ect.

Our Singapore license are mailed back to Singapore at tp headquarters need to go and get it back we can keep our uk license.(10 Ubi ave 3)

di_andrei
    waitinggg
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, why did you get rejected?

Gfeng
    has no status.
    L Plate