User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Classes 2B/2 singapore license conversion from foreign rider license thread...

gohjohan
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gfeng View Post
    no proof of training in uk
    So they expect you to have a training booklet like they have in Singapore? That's absurd.

SepthSilver
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm turning 18 in December, and am thinking of trying to shortcut the 2B process. I'm a British citizen and PR here. I can get a licence for up to 125cc at the age of 17 in the UK, however it appears that this is not valid for conversion?

If not how long would it take to get a 2B license? I am decent at riding, having done a lot in thailand and the UK. I have about 2 weeks of holiday following turning 18. Would it be possible to get the majority of it done during that time?

wytaaan
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SepthSilver View Post
    I'm turning 18 in December, and am thinking of trying to shortcut the 2B process. I'm a British citizen and PR here. I can get a licence for up to 125cc at the age of 17 in the UK, however it appears that this is not valid for conversion?

If not how long would it take to get a 2B license? I am decent at riding, having done a lot in thailand and the UK. I have about 2 weeks of holiday following turning 18. Would it be possible to get the majority of it done during that time?
    On average, it takes at least 4 months to get a 2B license here, provided you pass the test on the first try (On average, slightly less than half the cohort will fail). if you fail, you need to wait at least another 2 months to retake your test.

I was in UK for a year, rode a bike there as well, also took the CBT course just for the fun of it even though i didn't need it. My advice? get your bike license in UK, come back to Sg and convert it to 2B license. as long as you have a valid motorcycle license, you can convert it to 2B. it's much easier and cheaper to get your license over there. even if you fail, you can retake the bike test within the week over there.

granted, they won't give you a unrestricted license due to your age and the class of license, but there's a high chance you will be able to convert to a 2B license. and be very, very careful, riding conditions in UK are totally different than in SG. I enjoyed my time there. hope this helps.

ironbike
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This may not work for SepthSilver's case, as New Singapore citizens and PRs must convert their foreign driving licences within 3 months of obtaining citizenship or PR status.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123