User Tag List

Thread: Should Motorize Bicycle be ride on the road??

West Spec
    Huh Simi Lai Eh?
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Should Motorize Bicycle be ride on the road??

Any Bro n Sis hav encounter to such similiar case or incident, do kindly advice thanks ( helping out a frd of mine )

kindly refer to this link for further details: http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?...c=2643430&st=0

The Light Began to dim.. Music Fading out.. I Begin to Miss You
    ......................The Visual Cycle..........................

Burnt
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a definitely no-no .. too dangerous .. not enough speed .. hogged the road ...
    I Love Bikes ; I Enjoy Driving

Mark C.
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cyclists vs Motorists

well, the issue had been brought up.
    But on how to enforce, dunno.
    Cannot cycle on pavement, cannot cycle on the road, then cyclists will ask: then where?
    east coast park?
    With every good wishes

Mark C.

It is in the moment of your decision and action that your life is shaped.
    Life is a daring adventure or nothing at all.
    海 纳 百 川 , 有 容 乃 大 。
    为了生活我可以忍 , 平安回家 , 陪家人吃饭很重要.

West Spec
    Huh Simi Lai Eh?
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt View Post
    a definitely no-no .. too dangerous .. not enough speed .. hogged the road ...
    well i believe some motorize bicycle user might hav tempered wif the mini size motor hence they are able to achieve a higher crusing speed.

West Spec
    Huh Simi Lai Eh?
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark C. View Post
    Cyclists vs Motorists

well, the issue had been brought up.
    But on how to enforce, dunno.
    Cannot cycle on pavement, cannot cycle on the road, then cyclists will ask: then where?
    east coast park?
    thanks Mark C for e link input, well i am sure our Gov can come to a point to make cyclist equal to hav e rite of use of e road however it boils down to wht u had mention "dunnoe" when n how our Gov gonna enforce or act upon to this issue.

Speedpass
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe those motorised bicycles should not be on the road , those bikes r slow n i have seen many who ride like they own he road or other road users should give way to them , have seen many blatantly flout traffic laws like nobody's business.

Moreover , there r no insurance coverage n proper safety gear, wat if they r involved in accidents?

N i have been wondering where they got those bike spare parts like RXZ head fairings n tailboards from ? The scrapyard?
    GIVI Touring windscreen for FZ1 2006 onwards for sale - $90

jB
    has 4 and counting! :D
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

NBCB, they wanna cycle on road then lightning force should construct bicycle roads for them instead of on our PAID FOR ROAD TAXED ROADS!
    Click below link or copy+paste for good deals!
    http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/417915-WTS-Shoei-XR-1100-Diabolic-Cimmerian-Mint-Condition-L-Size-CHEAP!-9-8-10?p=8191458#post8191458

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/406472-WTS-Blaupunkt-Style-Headphones-Unopened-BNIB!

ohayo
    loves to eat breads for past time
    Deregistered
    Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am ok with these cyclist on road. But its getting annoying when they refused to adhere to personal safety and broke road regulation

1. Does not wear safety equipment
    2. Ride and hogged as though he/she owned the road. (did not even paid road tax)
    3. Does not checked blindspot. Suka suka turned. Suka suka stopped.
    4. You tapped the honk as a kind reminder that you are overtaking them. Not happy and stared back at the traffic light

skytrek
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

govt encourage people to exercise, cycle more. People listen go cycling. Pavement got scolded by pedestrian, cycle on road scolded by motorist. Then how, fly in the air.

Cyclist no need to take high way code, so you can't blame them for not knowing road regulations. I'm an avid cyclist myself, owned 6 bicycles, as well as a motorcycle rider and car driver. Anybody some day or some how may also become a cyclist so we need to be more tolerant. If you have chance go India or Sri Lanka you will understand what I mean. Got cow, elephants on the road also, how those people can tahan.

Mark C.
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by ohayo View Post
    I am ok with these cyclist on road. But its getting annoying when they refused to adhere to personal safety and broke road regulation

2. Ride and hogged as though he/she owned the road. (did not even paid road tax)
    4. You tapped the honk as a kind reminder that you are overtaking them. Not happy and stared back at the traffic light

Full face helmet, Armour jacket, gloves.

We seen our own bikers doing that too, stomper always say we bikers Hooligan's of the road.

Errr..are we talking about motorize bicycle or motorcycle?

4. You tapped the honk as a kind reminder that you are overtaking them. Not happy and stared back at the traffic light.
    I think Bikers can win this one, just show center finger sign before green light, then we zooom..say 199??if is car, we simply squeeze between car queue

Joking lah..
    But then is really annoying for some motorize cyclists, really champion, just like the above mentioned in Blue wording, haha..
    I do hope they wear something like green luminous vest, cat eye blinker a must, we treasure our life, so hope they treasure their's too.
    With every good wishes

Mark C.

It is in the moment of your decision and action that your life is shaped.
    Life is a daring adventure or nothing at all.
    海 纳 百 川 , 有 容 乃 大 。
    为了生活我可以忍 , 平安回家 , 陪家人吃饭很重要.

Snoek
    @ SG
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm.. they should be on the pavement. too dangerous to be on the roads. encounter some b4. but if they are on the pavement , its dangerous for the people. lols. troublesome.
    Ride Safe.

ThePole
    has no status.
    Class 2
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this just in:

It seems in Punggol, they are looking into the ideas of renting motorised bicycles to the resident. This is to encourage residents to ride instead of taking the short distance bus thus saving energy. The plan however hit a snag as the bikes were all above LTA requirements.

Questions: Why cannot use bicycles? If the plan were a success, can you imagine how many motorised bicycles will be on the road in Punggol?

Also to LTA: WTF of allowing motorised bicycle in Singapore anyway? if allow, why they need not take any riding test?
    HELP FIND MY BIKE! Blue RXZ (New Model), completely stock FBB3668U Stolen from Block 502A MSCP Choa Chu Kang Street 51

arthur_chan
    is King Arthur
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think riding motorised bicycle shld at least need a simple riding test n protective gear like helmet at least.

deckard
    is into leather
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

allow cycling on the pavement solves all problems.
    Always ride safely and defensively.
    Repair bike cheap and fast,
    Repair body expensive and slow.

There is only one best mechanic for your bike...YOU

litepakz
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by deckard View Post
    allow cycling on the pavement solves all problems.
    nice pic u have for your signature

benxie
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if coe doesnt come down, motorized bicycle shld be allowed in the road (:

Pandora's Kitten :3
    = White Witch of Toa Payoh
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

That time I heard at kopitiam got one motorised bicycle was cycling along a road and went into a collision course with an oncoming car. The car stopped but the bicycle rode straight into the car... then the cyclist sued the driver!

WTF?

dawnrome
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

open one class 2C ma. den take btt and rtt can ride le. wear helmet and signal everything of course. also put number plate. den singapore become more clean by supporting electric bicycle approve or not, still more safer then idiots riding in the middle of the road.

hao25
    heeeeeeeeyo!
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That'll be dangerous for the motorized bicycle.. they might become road hazard eventually

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2

whitepomfret
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, I just saw this old thread. Thot I'd add to the points made:
    Singapore law - cyclists are road users, not pedestrian path users. So e-bikes must also use the roads. All to adhere to traffic rules - signs and traffic lights etc. here's the problem though. Not all are conversant with Highway Code ( conversant = took test and passed). Because no HWC for cyclists. E-bikes fall into the same territory.

People ride on pathways now because cars have become bigger, faster and drivers more aggressive. Lanes are now smaller & roads denser with traffic. Many leisure cyclists see the bicycle as an extension of themelves as pedestrians. But serious cyclists see themselves as road users. We are stuck in a problem. And there's no real solution from TP and LTA as yet.

IMHO, be best and most useful law is the Law of the Sea: where the larger gives way to the smaller, the one with more power gives way to the one with less power. And everyone better get out of the way of the heaviest that needs the longest stopping distance or you'll get crushed by it even if you have the right of way... dead right!! ;-p

TS, tks for starting this complex topic.

Cheers!!!
    Why rush? It's the journey, not the destination ...
    Moto Guzzi Breva v1100ie '07
    Yamaha Virago XV1100 '92
    Honda Pacific Coast '98
    Yamaha V-Max '93
    BMW K100 '83
    Kawasaki GpZ900 Ninja '89
    Honda CB 750 FII '97
    BMW R100G/S Paris Dakar Classic '95
    Honda CB 250 RS '88

TsuchimiRin
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been riding motorised bicycle for 2 years before I changed to motorcycle, I use my bicycle mainly as my personal transport to and fro work, which means I am travelling during peak hours. In my opinion, having motorised bicycle on the road is like 2 sides of a coin (not sure if this reference is correct). Motorized bicycles are considered too fast on the pavements, but too freaking slow on the road (25km/h).
    Now imagine the following simple scenarios:

First scenario, you are cycling towards a traffic light junction, and all of us know that almost all of the traffic light junctions will be accompanied by a filter lane for cars turning left, but yet you are going straight, cars behind you are far too impatient to wait for you to reach the traffic light junction and are either zooming pass you from the right and entering the filter lane or trying to squeeze through you and the kerb on he left, worse case, 2 cars, 1 on each side, safe?

Second scenario, you are cycling on a slightly "narrow" road, there is a bus fully filled with passengers either going home or work and the bus cannot overtake you on the right but to follow you at a slow pace of 25km/h and you pedaling your ass off just just so you do not end up hogging the road.

Third scenario, you are cycling on the road, suddenly a car or motorcycle comes up beside you, starts shouting/yelling at you to cycle on the pavement because they think you are slowing the traffic down. You go up onto the pavement and then some pedestrian starts doing the same thing to tell you to go down on the road. On the road, we get screwed, on the pavements we get screwed, the only place left is the air, once we are in the air, people on the pavements and road will start to screw us for not needing to pay road tax or not getting caught in the jam.

For motorized bicycle to blend with other vehicles on the road, the speed limit approved by LTA for motorized bicycles have to be increased, but of cause with a need to fulfill certain requirements in order to own and ride a higher powered motorized bicycle, such as BTT etc. I once had a meetup session with the MP that governs the area in which I stayed in with a full essay and point form for all possible questions that people will post with regards to legalizing high powered motorized bicycles in Singapore. He was impressed by the details that I presented and promised me that he will send it to the minister of transport and have a discussion with him on my concerns, but till now, more than 1 year, still nothing, so I can safely guess that it down in the dumps.
    My posts are based on peaceful discussion, honest questions happy jokes. If for any personal reason u find my post not suiting your ego, scrolling and clicking is always faster than typing. Not hearing my retorts to your rude remarks only means I have confirmed that your upbringing is that of barbarians.

Your Perspective on life comes from the cage you were held captive in. - Shannon L. Alder

kaiq
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Recently TV had a documentary on this. One of their debate point is whether should motorised cyclist have insurance (naming third party insurance) or not. In the end they concluded unless the authorities implement registration on the bicycle, else having an insurance is useless since the cyclist can just fake information. And if they are doing registration, will normal bicycles be affected?

Oh, why talk about insurance is because a few pesdestrians got buang liao.

Even on the show a shop owner admitted to able to modify a bicycle to reach higher than approved speed, but insisted those are for "export" only. Sounds familiar?
    Last edited by kaiq; 03-10-2014 at 05:02 PM.

kaiq
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The way I see - it's either motorized bicycles on the road only or the pavement only, but not both. Some authorities needs to decide this, else there's no end to the debate.

Cellardoor
    is a nice word
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More often than not, it matters less where the bicycle (or bike or car for that matter) is on, but who is on the bicycle.

ThePole
    has no status.
    Class 2
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Support a class 2C for them. All the motorized bicycle riders are callous to say the least. without legal intervention, they are menance to everyone.
    HELP FIND MY BIKE! Blue RXZ (New Model), completely stock FBB3668U Stolen from Block 502A MSCP Choa Chu Kang Street 51

Throttle
    needs a holiday
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All i know is that there are many ****ing dangerous motorised bikers around.
    All i know is that if they ever knock me or my family i will sue the brain juice out of them, they would wish they were the motorised bike instead of the biker
    All i know is that i dont mess with them first so dont they mess with me.

rookie517
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in event of accident with them.

the TP will say they has no fault. coz they no license
    we should know the traffic rules coz we had the license
    and we will be penalised.

also, they had no insurance to compensate u if **** happened...
    the good old days...

www.smae.com.sg

duo
    would rather be a troll than the champion..
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Throttle View Post
    All i know is that there are many ****ing dangerous motorised bikers around.
    All i know is that if they ever knock me or my family i will sue the brain juice out of them, they would wish they were the motorised bike instead of the biker
    All i know is that i dont mess with them first so dont they mess with me.
    They do not have the road courtesy and knowledge. Even seen some of these travveling in large groups with LEDS and blasting loud music like they were Chingay processions. The riders are in their teens. Some even pillion the girlfriends like as though its a motorbike. The same for those somewhat elderly. They ride on the road then pavements as and when and squeeze in between like they are on motorbikes and does not follow the traffic lights. Almost hit one while making a left turn on a left turning lane only. The fellow tried to squeeze on my left top go straight. Thankfully for a habit of checking blindspots I was able to safely stop. Its about time something have to be done.
    KRGT-1
    I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride my bike..I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride it where I like..

TsuchimiRin
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it is sad that we have black sheep around, I ride a motorized bicycle every now and then, I am a rider, I have a driving license and believe it or not, I do follow rules of the road on a bicycle (although not 100% as some of the rules and regulation is ridiculous as it causes more danger and disruption to other road users), where is the recognition and love for people like me who knows the dangers of the road and choose to obey rules and regulation?
    My posts are based on peaceful discussion, honest questions happy jokes. If for any personal reason u find my post not suiting your ego, scrolling and clicking is always faster than typing. Not hearing my retorts to your rude remarks only means I have confirmed that your upbringing is that of barbarians.

Your Perspective on life comes from the cage you were held captive in. - Shannon L. Alder

ThePole
    has no status.
    Class 2
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the first place, motorized bicycle is not normal. There is nothing governing it (age limit, skills etc) and most of those on sale have too much power. It is approaching lawlessness for these. Until the authorities can rein in all these, motorized bicycle should be off the road by all means. If you want to ride, either go for bicycle for leisure, short distance travel or motorbike. Period.

wait4me
    my friend's , friend is my enemy
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

support motorised bicycle to have insurance and licence.
    more $$$ to earn for the insurance company ..
    一路向北 4 EVER , my friend

Marshmellow Man
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i ever see a motorized bicycle going 50+ km/h on a small road

its very dangerous and worse they have no knowledge of traffic rules and no side mirror

matthias76
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmellow Man View Post
    i ever see a motorized bicycle going 50+ km/h on a small road

its very dangerous and worse they have no knowledge of traffic rules and no side mirror
    I saw a Malaysian plate motorcycle (this morning) crossing a zebra crossing and then onto the pedestrian pavement to avoid the ERP gantry. Doesn't matter whether the vehicle is licensed or not, or whether the rider has a license or not.

BTW, LTA also bo pian when Malaysian plate vehicles/ bikes do such things. Even if you report with photos, they also siao siao lan lan. Those bikers know it and thats why its no stopping them.

duo
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by matthias76 View Post
    I saw a Malaysian plate motorcycle (this morning) crossing a zebra crossing and then onto the pedestrian pavement to avoid the ERP gantry. Doesn't matter whether the vehicle is licensed or not, or whether the rider has a license or not.

BTW, LTA also bo pian when Malaysian plate vehicles/ bikes do such things. Even if you report with photos, they also siao siao lan lan. Those bikers know it and thats why its no stopping them.
    And SG plated vehicles are regularly hunted by the police across the border. Perhaps TP should randomly stop and check these M'sian plated vehicles regularly? Do they have a valid licence and insurance? Are their vehicles lawfully registered? Road tax and etc. That is what SG vehicle owners are always asked to produce when stopped regularly by the police across the border.
    KRGT-1
    I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride my bike..I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride it where I like..

ImNotFish
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Motorized bicycle really endangered the pedestrian due to their speed. Heck even normal bicycle sometimes doesnt have the courtesy to slow down when pass by pedestrian. Thats why cyclist got a bad name (I am a cyclist)

duo
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ImNotFish View Post
    Motorized bicycle really endangered the pedestrian due to their speed. Heck even normal bicycle sometimes doesnt have the courtesy to slow down when pass by pedestrian. Thats why cyclist got a bad name (I am a cyclist)
    Especially those who kept ringing their bell to be given way. Am also a cyclist but I usually wait behind the pedestrian till they give way. Otherwise just cycle slowly. But usually when I say 'excuse me' they will let me pass through. There are others who get agitated though. I believe its still much better than ringing the bell incessantly expecting to be given way.
    KRGT-1

MRliqiang
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont think they should be allowed on the roads. Those people usually got no training and most of all, they don't pay road tax XD but they are actually very dangerous. They think they are pedestrian and have that mentality that cars must avoid them. It's sickening/

Lokess
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if they want to go on the road they should keep to the proper road use rules too. similar to how cyclists are treated.

buttbutt8
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

E-bicycles are too fast to be on the pavement.
    May 2005 - July 2007: Honda Phantom TA200 (FU 3*** S)
    July 2007 - Dec 2016: Honda CB400 Spec III (FBB 7***X)
    Dec 2016 - Aug 2017: Yamaha FZ1N (FBD 4***E)
    Aug 2017 - Present: Kawasaki Z1000SX (FBF 6***B)

Boono

pufferfis
    Its CLOBBERING TIME!
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by duo View Post
    Especially those who kept ringing their bell to be given way. Am also a cyclist but I usually wait behind the pedestrian till they give way. Otherwise just cycle slowly. But usually when I say 'excuse me' they will let me pass through. There are others who get agitated though. I believe its still much better than ringing the bell incessantly expecting to be given way.
    if they ring ring me when im walking on a footpath....il curse n swear and kick at their wheels....bugger tink wat got wheels got right of way on a pavement ah...
    I ride at 70km/hr only...please please dont blow2 at me or overtake me dangerously....wait i change into Incredible Hulk n dont know why my little baby bike will always be ahead of u if u do that

buttbutt8
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pufferfis View Post
    if they ring ring me when im walking on a footpath....il curse n swear and kick at their wheels....bugger tink wat got wheels got right of way on a pavement ah...
    But they are really faster mah.
    I dare u to kick them. Key board warrior
    May 2005 - July 2007: Honda Phantom TA200 (FU 3*** S)
    July 2007 - Dec 2016: Honda CB400 Spec III (FBB 7***X)
    Dec 2016 - Aug 2017: Yamaha FZ1N (FBD 4***E)
    Aug 2017 - Present: Kawasaki Z1000SX (FBF 6***B)

Boono

ThePole
    has no status.
    Class 2
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

E-bike has to be registered with LTA to ride. Yahoo!!!

Reservoir Cat
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good to hear, at least some accountability in place with registration. And they have to pass BTT if they were to be on the roads

victorp
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dawnrome View Post
    open one class 2C ma. den take btt and rtt can ride le. wear helmet and signal everything of course. also put number plate. den singapore become more clean by supporting electric bicycle approve or not, still more safer then idiots riding in the middle of the road.
    You actually successfully predicted the number plate thing.. LOL!!!