Thread: Yamaha YZF R1ders

ninjaboi13
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi guys whats the mileage for full tank r1 2015?
    Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.

frslims
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ninjaboi13 View Post
    hi guys whats the mileage for full tank r1 2015?
    I normally 230+ before fuel light come out

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

Amaran
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by frslims View Post
    I normally 230+ before fuel light come out

Bro ur 230+ is u use mode C thru out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KILROY68
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MT10 (R1 Naked Bike)

Looks like C3P0.

19xx - SUZUKI GTO110, HONDA MBX125, SUZUKI RG250, KAWASAKI EN400, KAWASAKI NINJA400, YAMAHA RD350 (YPVS)
    2012-14 - R1
    2014-16 - S1000R
    2014-PRESENT - EXC525 (2005)
    2016-PRESENT - TMAX530 (2016)
    WISHLIST - XDIAVEL S

frslims
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Amaran View Post
    Bro ur 230+ is u use mode C thru out?

Nope. Just happy happy ride one average is like thatg

Amaran
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KILROY68 View Post
    MT10 (R1 Naked Bike)

Looks like C3P0.
    Wow!!!
    Bro the M10 seriously looks super cool!!

boyramdan
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hello there....

anyone letting go aftermarket exhaust???

r1 2012
    slipon?
    full sys?
    leo vince???

thank you....

97284446 ramdan...

logaraj_89
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi guys,

i have 2 problems which i would like to higlight and get ur opinions

1) i am riding a r1 2012 model...recently during a stop in a traffic light...i notice coolent gushing out from the over flow valve below the bike....i brought to the mechanic he told me the coolent pump and i changed it....but after reading numerous threads in the internet....i came to find out that it could be actually the coolent seal near the pump are...

2)recently my bike couldnt start as well...and one mnth before this i always have problem cranking in the morning or after the bike has cooled down for a long time..and one fine day i couldnt crank at all....i assumed that its the battery and i changed it but it still woudnt crank...all i heard was a clicking sound below the seat...so i managed to push start it and brought it to the workshop....the mechanic told me the starter motor is spoiled and need to be changed so i changged it...but i am having my doubts abt this mechanic...i strongly feel that it might be cause of alot of carbon in the starter motor or maybe the carbon brush having issues...

i am not too sure if i am right...i need ur guidance and opinions abt this issue...thank u

KILROY68
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by logaraj_89 View Post
    hi guys,

1) i am riding a r1 2012 model...recently during a stop in a traffic light...i notice coolent gushing out from the over flow valve below the bike....i brought to the mechanic he told me the coolent pump and i changed it....but after reading numerous threads in the internet....i came to find out that it could be actually the coolent seal near the pump are...

2)recently my bike couldnt start as well...and one mnth before this i always have problem cranking in the morning or after the bike has cooled down for a long time..and one fine day i couldnt crank at all....i assumed that its the battery and i changed it but it still woudnt crank...all i heard was a clicking sound below the seat...so i managed to push start it and brought it to the workshop....the mechanic told me the starter motor is spoiled and need to be changed so i changged it...but i am having my doubts abt this mechanic...i strongly feel that it might be cause of alot of carbon in the starter motor or maybe the carbon brush having issues...

i am not too sure if i am right...i need ur guidance and opinions abt this issue...thank u
    1. If after changing the water pump, the problem went away then the mechanic was right.

2. If after changing the starter and the same problem persisted, it could be the battery being old fails to hold it charge or an alternator that is not able to charge your battery efficiently or a current leak in electrical system.

19xx - SUZUKI GTO110, HONDA MBX125, SUZUKI RG250, KAWASAKI EN400, KAWASAKI NINJA400, YAMAHA RD350 (YPVS)
    2012-14 - R1
    2014-16 - S1000R
    WISHLIST - XDIAVEL S

logaraj_89
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thank u bro....will further update if thr is any follow ups...
    is it normal to have diff starting the bike after it has cooled down for a long time???....now i am facing an issue whr everytime i crank the bike the first time in the morning it is diff to crank....but the second time it would crank immediately....

KILROY68
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thank u bro....will further update if thr is any follow ups...
    is it normal to have diff starting the bike after it has cooled down for a long time???....now i am facing an issue whr everytime i crank the bike the first time in the morning it is diff to crank....but the second time it would crank immediately....
    Try this.

Turn the key to on (DON'T CRANK the engine yet). Give the throttle a FULL turn, hold 2 sec and release. Crank the bike. See if it starts first go.

2012-14 - R1
    2014-16 - S1000R
    WISHLIST - XDIAVEL S

dage1314
    CBR 400
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guys anyone got cheap towing to intro?

frslims
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

64255333 - bikebullance

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

aimnfire
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi guys need your opinion

is 2001 R1 going for $8000 worth it?

with about 15 years old bike, what should I look out for?
    any issues with 2001 R1 that I should take note?

thanks

aimnfire
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just to say,

thank you to bro Lo-On for answering my numerous question. appreciate it.

logaraj_89
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi bro....the starting is still diff....its gets stuck when i try to crank...i brought to the mechanic and they said starter clutch bearing....i am not sure if thats really the case...do u have any workshop to recommend????

logaraj_89
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi bro....the starting is still diff....its gets stuck when i try to crank...i brought to the mechanic and they said starter clutch bearing....i am not sure if thats really the case...do u have any workshop to recommend????

GSXRCowboy
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I own a 2001 r1 and it can have a pilot valve issue that give the bike a few issues but not a major slowdown to the bike. The suspention is not the best as it is more stiff than newer bikes. I do enjoy the bike but compaired to my zx14 and my busa it is way behind on smoothness.

GSXRCowboy
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aimnfire View Post
    hi guys need your opinion

is 2001 R1 going for $8000 worth it?

with about 15 years old bike, what should I look out for?
    any issues with 2001 R1 that I should take note?

thanks
    I own a 2001 r1 and it can have a pilot valve issue that give the bike a few issues but not a major slowdown to the bike. The suspention is not the best as it is more stiff than newer bikes. I do enjoy the bike but compaired to my zx14 and my busa it is way behind on smoothness. I paid 5400 for the bike because it is older. The COE is good till 2022

GSXRCowboy
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello Everyone. I am interested in meeting up with other R1 riders and going around town or out of town. Any riders up to meeting today? Or if any meetup/rides please let me know.

thunderbot
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi guys,

hope im not too late to reply on this.
    1) the coolant seal (connection of the spare coolant tank) expand thus leaking, i did a replacement at 35k mileage. then after that the hose too, expand and leaking. Change both at 65k km.
    2) mine was starter motor issue, change already at 50k and everything is good. the used starter motor is charred.

kyoka
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi all,

I'm riding 07 R1, I'm actually having 2 issues:

1. Recently there's this metallic vibration sound coming in between the handle bars (due to the riding position, I'm not really sure is it from the engine or what), noise usually kick in around 3.5k RPM at any gear. Any one having this issue and how to fix it? It's not really a big issue but its extremely annoying to hear that whenever I'm doing a pick up.

2. This is a bigger problem and I heard its quite common for older versions of R1, whenever I ride at high RPM and suddenly have to slow down (usually is the case of at expressway then exiting and have to slow down/stop due to traffic) my RPM will go below 1k and will eventually stall. It doesn't matter if I clutch or go to neutral, the bike will just stall, and when I start my bike again the RPM will be below 1k and stall again. (Rev-ing will only make the RPM go up but will go back below 1k again when I stop Rev) It will usually go away when I on/off the main power switch and allow 1-2mins for the RPM to return to normal.
    Moreover, it's not limited to expressway kind of high RPM, once I kana during a series of corners, the last one is turning in a carpark I had to slow down quite abit, the bike just stalled even when I'm clutched (was dropping gears), engine brake kicks in when I release the clutch and I didn't even realize my bike stall until the rear skidded. (luckily I didn't fall, but this kind one time enough to drop balls)

Would really appreciate any kind of help and if anyone else encounter such issues, thank you!

frslims
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kyoka View Post
    Hi all,

I'm riding 07 R1, I'm actually having 2 issues:

1. Recently there's this metallic vibration sound coming in between the handle bars (due to the riding position, I'm not really sure is it from the engine or what), noise usually kick in around 3.5k RPM at any gear. Any one having this issue and how to fix it? It's not really a big issue but its extremely annoying to hear that whenever I'm doing a pick up.

2. This is a bigger problem and I heard its quite common for older versions of R1, whenever I ride at high RPM and suddenly have to slow down (usually is the case of at expressway then exiting and have to slow down/stop due to traffic) my RPM will go below 1k and will eventually stall. It doesn't matter if I clutch or go to neutral, the bike will just stall, and when I start my bike again the RPM will be below 1k and stall again. (Rev-ing will only make the RPM go up but will go back below 1k again when I stop Rev) It will usually go away when I on/off the main power switch and allow 1-2mins for the RPM to return to normal.
    Moreover, it's not limited to expressway kind of high RPM, once I kana during a series of corners, the last one is turning in a carpark I had to slow down quite abit, the bike just stalled even when I'm clutched (was dropping gears), engine brake kicks in when I release the clutch and I didn't even realize my bike stall until the rear skidded. (luckily I didn't fall, but this kind one time enough to drop balls)

Would really appreciate any kind of help and if anyone else encounter such issues, thank you!
    For #2, suspect petrol not flowing properly. U try once stall, open petrol cap for 15-30 sec and start again.

Other suspicion is your fuel pump

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

manbai
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For problem no. 2 try checking your engine oil cap if any crack, if yes replace. I had that issue too.

kyoka
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks guys for the reply, at least I got some clue on where to start.

frslims:
    Have not try that method yet, will do so when I have the chance. If not have to inspect my fuel pump liao. $$ fly~

manbai:
    Engine oil cap huh, will go down to bike shop and have a check.

This problem has really cost me quite a bomb, had change quite a number of things but it seems to just make it go away for a while only.

Anyone else facing similar issues?

manbai
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For my case, before I use an aftermarket engine oil cap. After I had my engine oil change I guess the mech tighten it too tight and it cracked however I didn't notice it until I had the engine stall issue at hi rev. I also tot could be fuel pump issue until I change back to stock cap (bought at LAB) and no issue of engine stall now. Also try using a fuel injector cleaner (as I did) first and see if that helps before spending your hard earn moollah.

kyoka
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manbai View Post
    For my case, before I use an aftermarket engine oil cap. After I had my engine oil change I guess the mech tighten it too tight and it cracked however I didn't notice it until I had the engine stall issue at hi rev. I also tot could be fuel pump issue until I change back to stock cap (bought at LAB) and no issue of engine stall now. Also try using a fuel injector cleaner (as I did) first and see if that helps before spending your hard earn moollah.
    Hmm thats really worth a shot, cause I notice the problem would occur lesser when I just change my engine oil.

anyway Thanks!

JrCherish
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi~ i am a new rider on r1..

Current ride is 2012 yzf r1~ =D

I Need some help.. =X
    No One In This World Are A Virgin. Cause Life Always Fcuk You Over and Over Again.

Rides:
    05May13~ NSR SP FQ **** X 2 stroke power!
    05May15~ RVF400 FQ **** D V engine power!
    04Jun16~ YZF-R1 FBG **** M Xplane power!
    26Nov16~ LC135 FBC **** D SPARK big bore!
    03Mar18~ BMWGSA F **** D GSR1200ADV!

JrCherish
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi~ i am a new rider on r1..

Current ride is 2012 yzf r1~ =D

I Need some help.. =X
    No One In This World Are A Virgin. Cause Life Always Fcuk You Over and Over Again.

Rides:
    05May13~ NSR SP FQ **** X 2 stroke power!
    05May15~ RVF400 FQ **** D V engine power!
    04Jun16~ YZF-R1 FBG **** M Xplane power!
    26Nov16~ LC135 FBC **** D SPARK big bore!
    03Mar18~ BMWGSA F **** D GSR1200ADV!

StormBl@de
    looking for GSR Friends
    Class 2A
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What help u need?

yun1991
    has no status.
    Class 2A
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://carousell.com/p/60456004

Selling fazer gen 1 starter motor. Same as old R1. Contact me at carousell listing and for more info and pictures.

Mar1cus
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi guys! I'm a new member, riding a 2016 R1. Hope to know more peeps and about our bikes! Cheers!

Mar1cus
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow! Saw a Red R1 like mine today on the CTE towards city at around 6pm who waved his hand. Not sure if you were waving at me but if you were, let me return the wave here! Cheers!

logaraj_89
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any1 ever faced an issue with ecu???

RYANS
    IS HAVING SCOOTER CRAZE
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi RN22 Riders,

Has anyone convert the 2009-10 model to facelift LED headlights?

Thanks
    Past Ride: FV5283E(KRR150) FL1135D(GSXR400RP) FQ1692K(CBR400RR) FQ2815S(NSR250RSP) FY7366X(Y125Z) FS366Z(YZF-R6S) FX8000A(Y125Z) FQ6261M(NSR250RSP) FBD1686U(GSX-R 1000 K8) FX8000A(SYM NEW FIGHTER 150) FBL2085E(YZF-R1 RN22)

Present Ride:
    -

Live To Ride

wee keong
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi all,

New to R1. Any R1 whatsapp chat to join?

Looking also to change tyres. Any street performance tyres to recommend?

Thanks!

Wee Keong,

bernard
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wee keong View Post
    Hi all,

New to R1. Any R1 whatsapp chat to join?

Looking also to change tyres. Any street performance tyres to recommend?

Thanks!

Wee Keong,
    u can try Pirelli Rosso III..... it's go for both track and road (especially wet weather)

newguy
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi there....just got an r1 a year back...wondering if u all have whatsapp group?

YEN96
    has no status.
    Mapputatsuni hiki sakuwayo ราชอาณาจักรไทย
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Car bike Insurance lobang!!! Can try get Terence watsapp or call 9362 3352 to quote for U. Cheap & good. Cars bikes also can
    KAWASAKI KIPS F* XX *
    KAWASAKI ZX-10R FY3946Z (26 Oct 07 - 23 Jan 10)
    YAMAHA RD350LC FS4160Z
    1996 Honda Civic SiR EK4
    1993 Honda Civic Vti EG6 SBZ2065P 1993 Honda Civic Vti EG9 SBX9073E 2002 MB E200 SDT6931X
    1991 MB 200E SBT2703M
    1986 MB 280SE EZ8138M 1992 Toyota Cressida SBU1756L
    1992 MB 280SE SBU6143Y

QWDA
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking for 2009 onwards R1 for sale.
    Contact me at nine646zero7two4

fai5
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi looking for 2010-2013 r1 crossplane anyone selling do wtsap me at 96857905 cheers

Stardust83
    is riding on the wings of a falcon.
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a Toby damper and bracker for R1 2006 model for sale. Good working condition. Interested can PM me. Thanks !
    July 2006-21st Aug 2007 :Honda NSR SP (FS1029R)
    21st Aug 2007-28th Oct 2009 :Honda CB400 Spec III (FY8*8*M)
    5th Sept 09-20th Nov 2013 Suzuki Hayabusa K6 FBA 9**6 J
    30 Jan 13-Hyundai Getz 1.6 SFV*1*1K
    20th Nov 13-Honda CBR600RR 2008 FBE4*4*S
    2015-2015:Mitsubishi Lancer GLX
    28th Oct 2015-Mitsubishi Lancer EX GLS

Sngrider
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default R6 2007, bike start and dies off immediately

Hey Bro, anybody can help/advice. I seldom ride my bike. But all along it was able to start , But until recently , after washing my bike, it was unable to start. The engine dies off immediately after I start( 1 to 2 seconds) Even push start doesn’t help. I check the filter everything was alright.

. .

gosilan
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey guys, I wanna check with you'll on which are the street legal pipes available for R1 2015?

I checked with my shop and they said only Akra slip-on is street legal. Is there any other street legal exhaust available for R1 which gives a good perfomance boost and sound boost?

Ahmad Amin
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, im new to this forum. I want to ask to those who is riding yamaha r1. Is it true that the heat dissipate from the engine can really burn or leave a heat rash on your thigh ? Im thinking of buying a yamaha R1 2010 model crossplane. Any advise for me ? TIA

Manbai5117
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ahmad Amin View Post
    Hi, im new to this forum. I want to ask to those who is riding yamaha r1. Is it true that the heat dissipate from the engine can really burn or leave a heat rash on your thigh ? Im thinking of buying a yamaha R1 2010 model crossplane. Any advise for me ? TIA
    Betul bro dulu aku bawak BB1100 peha merah mcm kena air panas. Check coolant and check impeller. Dulu my BB impeller sudah corroded if that still not ok get ur radiator flush. A good system won’t leave a mark on ur thigh. Peace

Hydher
    Is selling his GSXR1000
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yes its really hot. Must wear long pants. U can try use engine ice coolant. Helps abit
    Dragstar 400 classic & Zx6r

gucci
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ahmad Amin View Post
    Wear long pants laaa. Why wanna wear shorts/berms and ride a r1? Sure look very obiang. Haha. Long pants solves the problem. Anyways i think if u speed up to 100km/h the heat will usually dissipate and its rideable. Good luck and enjoy ur r1!!

zac__
    has status. Edit
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dropping by. Look see look see.

antrectsz
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned