Thread: Triumph - street triple 675r

eddie_ash
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi any str riders interested in a meet up nextweek, make friends and share info on the bikes..

eddie_ash
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any riders still interested? Have 3 riders including me

scarlet-spider
    I'm my own enemy..
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When , where?
    Only for str ?
    Speed can?
    ForBidDen 26

eddie_ash
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

c'mon guys anyone interested in the meet up? call me at 83687274

eddie_ash
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyone else? last call for tomorrows meet up?

tyrtok
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

quite little triumph riders in singapore i think haha!
    Sport fishing, strictly catch and release!

naix
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For those riding the 2013 Street Triple & Street Triple R, take a look at your subframe. It is very likely that when riding, the seat staples will chafe against the subframe.

As a preventive measure, stick some rubber tapes over the seat staples or directly onto the subframe. See http://www.triumph675.net/forum/showthread.php?t=68443 for the location of the affected subframe surface.

Cheers

eddie_ash
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its a known defect, have to ask mah motors coz bike under warranty mayb can claim

eddie_ash
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tyrtok View Post
    quite little triumph riders in singapore i think haha!
    mayb they r hiding.. Lol

Az_itsme
    HuskyHero
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hello pple, im thinkin of getting a naked.. was down to the new z800 kawa or this street.

just to be double sure, the OEMs part replacements are a bit more costly and require more waiting time issit? I own a husky before and i sold it after some time becoz of this, moreover becoz i use them for my commuting everyday. Im not concern abt the EO and filter changes more of the parts availibility and pricing. care to share bros? thanks much.
    Be a HERO

Add this Space For your Meat Fix: https://www.facebook.com/JamesButcheryCo?fref=ts
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

eddie_ash
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Az_itsme View Post
    hello pple, im thinkin of getting a naked.. was down to the new z800 kawa or this street.

just to be double sure, the OEMs part replacements are a bit more costly and require more waiting time issit? I own a husky before and i sold it after some time becoz of this, moreover becoz i use them for my commuting everyday. Im not concern abt the EO and filter changes more of the parts availibility and pricing. care to share bros? thanks much.
    oem replacement i guess if non common usually have to wait, cost normally shops will order stuffs in one go as depends on the demand and as to save on shipping cost too..so for the street parts are readlily available depending on wat kind of parts you want as they usually order on tues as being told by their sales person. no worries bro, keep ur options open, coz i use my street for everyday use too..

Az_itsme
    HuskyHero
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eddie_ash View Post
    oem replacement i guess if non common usually have to wait, cost normally shops will order stuffs in one go as depends on the demand and as to save on shipping cost too..so for the street parts are readlily available depending on wat kind of parts you want as they usually order on tues as being told by their sales person. no worries bro, keep ur options open, coz i use my street for everyday use too..
    are u riding the new 2013 street R? i guess theres more speed riders here than street. Id prefer the street for daily use. Prob is i travel ard 50km everyday to and fro work so Im just afraid the OEMs are like huskies and aprilia..ex..have u any idea?

if i were in europe or US, hands down id buy the STR in a heartbeat. Everybody in the world of motor says its 10/10 which i find hard to disagree. This will be a long term ride for me so i dont wana ride like 1yr++ then when wear and tear starts to creep it then the nightmare begins,long waiting time for parts..etc thats all.

Oh and also i read that the 2013 model is more fuel efficient by 10-30%. What type of mileage are u seeing for the bike? U ride mostly eways or small roads? If u have more info pls share, thanks!
    Be a HERO

Add this Space For your Meat Fix: https://www.facebook.com/JamesButcheryCo?fref=ts
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

scarlet-spider
    I'm my own enemy..
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No they not... my hangout frens with 6 speed triple and 1 street.
    ForBidDen 26

eddie_ash
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Az_itsme View Post
    are u riding the new 2013 street R? i guess theres more speed riders here than street. Id prefer the street for daily use. Prob is i travel ard 50km everyday to and fro work so Im just afraid the OEMs are like huskies and aprilia..ex..have u any idea?

if i were in europe or US, hands down id buy the STR in a heartbeat. Everybody in the world of motor says its 10/10 which i find hard to disagree. This will be a long term ride for me so i dont wana ride like 1yr++ then when wear and tear starts to creep it then the nightmare begins,long waiting time for parts..etc thats all.

Oh and also i read that the 2013 model is more fuel efficient by 10-30%. What type of mileage are u seeing for the bike? U ride mostly eways or small roads? If u have more info pls share, thanks!
    yup im riding the new st3r 2013, so far im getting bout 250-270 before reserved, never tried till dried up.. monday to friday from home tampines to seletar on eways.. weekends depending where im heading too.. so far one full tank can last me at least a week that is riding at 90 to 110.. well there is much more st3r riders as wat i have been told i guess as all the st3r 2013 launch model ard 12-15 pcs all sold out.. the 08,09,10,11,12 im not that sure.. well how far the st3r have failed im not that sure.. coz im new to this model.. u can ask other active riders here.. as i have said before parts depends on wat u want? there is always ebay and triumph uk website to order from.. locally there is mah motors.. i know huskies spares are not much here as the popularaties is not great as ktm or the rest.. to me triumph is quite establish here.. at first my tot of a triumph was shud be expensive to maintain but after much research japanese big bikes is also expensive to maintain.. its juz the mentallity of ppl.. not that i want to promote triumph but if u really like it juz buy dont think twice..look at the yamaha wr200, xlr200 the spares are hard to come by too due to not in production but still ppl buy them rather than a new ktm or the new wr125 or etc..

eddie_ash
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by scarlet-spider View Post
    No they not... my hangout frens with 6 speed triple and 1 street.
    thats great.. im trying to ask some riders along too.. so far i have 4 riders.. i have gave u my hp no.. so why not have a joint meet speed/triple..

@-Simplybikes
    has no status.
    Advertiser
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi guys,

Maybe you guys are interested in these?

Proguard System:

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums...***?highlight=

CNC Levers:

By the way, i also own Triumph Street Triple R, looking to sell off my Arrow Low-boy exhaust, this is not street legal, use at your own risk.

Regards,

@-Simplybikes

eddie_ash
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by @-Simplybikes View Post
    Hi guys,

Maybe you guys are interested in these?

Proguard System:

CNC Levers:

By the way, i also own Triumph Street Triple R, looking to sell off my Arrow Low-boy exhaust, this is not street legal, use at your own risk.

Regards,

@-Simplybikes
    great products you have there.. y not join us if there is a meet up then u can bring along a sample of ur products, im sure there are pple who r interested

ahch0ng
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hello there,

anyone have the OTR price for Street Triple nowadays? been looking at it for quite a while and saw the prices during the SBF anniversary...quite tempting

OTR without insurance and COE was 21

Junkai
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this true ??!! OMG !!

http://m.motorcycle-usa.com/220/Moto...ers-Guide.aspx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ahch0ng
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Junkai View Post
    Is this true ??!! OMG !!

http://m.motorcycle-usa.com/220/Moto...ers-Guide.aspx

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/601/15...ph-Recall.aspx

i think u mean this?

Junkai
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes. 😱

neofik
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eddie_ash View Post
    yup im riding the new st3r 2013, so far im getting bout 250-270 before reserved, never tried till dried up.. monday to friday from home tampines to seletar on eways.. weekends depending where im heading too.. so far one full tank can last me at least a week that is riding at 90 to 110.. well there is much more st3r riders as wat i have been told i guess as all the st3r 2013 launch model ard 12-15 pcs all sold out.. the 08,09,10,11,12 im not that sure.. well how far the st3r have failed im not that sure.. coz im new to this model.. u can ask other active riders here.. as i have said before parts depends on wat u want? there is always ebay and triumph uk website to order from.. locally there is mah motors.. i know huskies spares are not much here as the popularaties is not great as ktm or the rest.. to me triumph is quite establish here.. at first my tot of a triumph was shud be expensive to maintain but after much research japanese big bikes is also expensive to maintain.. its juz the mentallity of ppl.. not that i want to promote triumph but if u really like it juz buy dont think twice..look at the yamaha wr200, xlr200 the spares are hard to come by too due to not in production but still ppl buy them rather than a new ktm or the new wr125 or etc..
    Wow that's pretty good mileage ! I just bought a 2011 st3r also, but I can barely get 200 km before the fuel warning light comes up.

Boner
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Letting go the following items which were only on my bike for a couple of months thus pretty much in mint condition:

1) Pair of Black anodised Genuine OEM Triumph Bar End mirrors (Fits Speed Triple from VIN 461332, Street Triple/R from VIN 471042), comes complete with box. Part number: A9638060 - $200 for both

2) R&G right hand side Engine case slider for Triumph Street Triple/ R (07 and up) - $50

Pls sms/ whatsapp: 9 three 69 2 eight 26 for pics, info or to deal, thanks.

Juggy
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello guys

Very interested to get a Street triple, hate that we cant test ride bikes over here.
    Hope you bros can help me out on this few feedback from your street triple.

1) are there any helmets hooks to hook 2 helmets to on the 2013 street triple?
    2) is the under seat storage large enough for a raincoat jacket?
    3) hows is the heat management of the bike will it boil under our hot Singapore weather in heavy traffic? hows does it compare to a super 4 revo for the heat management. As i feel that it is already quite hot (almost unbearable ) on a revo in a hot day after a long ride in heavy traffic.
    4) hows many litles of petrol are left in the tank when the fuel low light appears?

Thanks for all the help given, street triple is a very good bike and i hope that it can be practical as well cheers.

eddie_ash
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Juggy View Post
    Hello guys

Very interested to get a Street triple, hate that we cant test ride bikes over here.
    Hope you bros can help me out on this few feedback from your street triple.

1) are there any helmets hooks to hook 2 helmets to on the 2013 street triple?
    2) is the under seat storage large enough for a raincoat jacket?
    3) hows is the heat management of the bike will it boil under our hot Singapore weather in heavy traffic? hows does it compare to a super 4 revo for the heat management. As i feel that it is already quite hot (almost unbearable ) on a revo in a hot day after a long ride in heavy traffic.
    4) hows many litles of petrol are left in the tank when the fuel low light appears?

Thanks for all the help given, street triple is a very good bike and i hope that it can be practical as well cheers.
    bro u can come down to mah to test drive if u have class 2.. talk to the salesman name zai..
    unfortunately no raincoat can be store under the seat except for some tools, disc lock n other small items
    no hooks to lock helmets.
    all big bikes are hot even small ones.
    3L letf i guess when reserved

ahch0ng
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyone had the dilemma comparing ducati 696 VS street triple?

maintenance, FC, functionality on the road everyday

Nguyen
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi fellas,

Just recently bought a STR. Would love to catch up as I need a lot of help with getting around and tips on riding safely here. Confirming the bike could get very hot as soon as you stop. continue riding might not be too bad.

New to Singapore also which resulting in a 1hr riding home from work instead of 15'

Cheers T

T.D.C
    is positioned.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nguyen View Post
    Hi fellas,

Just recently bought a STR. Would love to catch up as I need a lot of help with getting around and tips on riding safely here. Confirming the bike could get very hot as soon as you stop. continue riding might not be too bad.

New to Singapore also which resulting in a 1hr riding home from work instead of 15'

Cheers T
    Hi T,

Welcome to Singapura & a pat on your shoulder for getting a STR. I'm sure u're loving every moment with it. Feel free to hop around this thread as well as the speed triple thread. No lines drawn!

Boner
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ahch0ng View Post
    anyone had the dilemma comparing ducati 696 VS street triple?

maintenance, FC, functionality on the road everyday
    Ive owned both ... Maintenance wise 696 costs a fair bit more due to the valve and belt adjustments required at 12k intervals. I did get more mileage per FC on the 696 though (above 20km per litre for the 696 and less than 20km per litre on the STR). My only complaints on the 696 would be the riding position which kind of puts pressure on your arms and shoulders after awhile but could be easily solved by getting bar risers i guess, and the low seating position which leaves my knees bent with both legs on the floor at traffic stops. Otherwise its a nifty bike that looks good and sounds great. The STR on the other hand has a comfortable seating position, better torque. Probably slightly better compared to the 696 for daily use if u ask me. But both bikes gave me good times and ultimately still individual choice ... best to go for a test ride and feel it out yourself ... hope this helps!

neofik
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi fellas,

Cheers T
    Give it a few more days and you will get used to it. I found it balls burning hot the first month but has since gotten used to it.

Or u can just go faster that helps tremendously in cooling the bike too hehe.

neofik
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi fellas,

Cheers T
    sorry double post

Nguyen
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha i like the idea of going faster but i dont like to lose my license

I heard wrapping the pipe might reduce some heat or DIY a heat deflecting sheet under the seat.

Not sure how long it will take me to get used to this but Singapore weather is hot enough let alone a seat warmer )

ahch0ng
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Boner View Post
    Ive owned both ... Maintenance wise 696 costs a fair bit more due to the valve and belt adjustments required at 12k intervals. I did get more mileage per FC on the 696 though (above 20km per litre for the 696 and less than 20km per litre on the STR). My only complaints on the 696 would be the riding position which kind of puts pressure on your arms and shoulders after awhile but could be easily solved by getting bar risers i guess, and the low seating position which leaves my knees bent with both legs on the floor at traffic stops. Otherwise its a nifty bike that looks good and sounds great. The STR on the other hand has a comfortable seating position, better torque. Probably slightly better compared to the 696 for daily use if u ask me. But both bikes gave me good times and ultimately still individual choice ... best to go for a test ride and feel it out yourself ... hope this helps!

thanks mate...really helps me in my consideration!

Khal
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello peeps, I'm getting a str in July. I need feedbacks on tires. Should I change the tires or stick to the stock tires?

colossol
    is riding red black Steed
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

street triple R or speed triple R?

He was once a good cop. now he is Renegade!

worldbestfriedbeehoon
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi guys, I have just gotten a white Street Triple basic model and would just like to say hello to all of you here. Should anyone be organizing any meetup to TKSS I'm most keen!

it001
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

awesome bike, enjoy!

Khal
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello, I've bought STR base model. Holla me if anything. Anyway what are the ikot things I need to get. This is my first time riding big bike. Lol

worldbestfriedbeehoon
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Khal, you got from Mah I suppose?

eddie_ash
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

welcome worldbestfridbeehoon and khal, do pm me if u guys are interested to join us for our weekly meet ups.

sindefectos
    hates irresponsible taxi drivers.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi everyone. I'm currently riding '13 streety. Just want to ask fellow streety, particularly '13 model.
    1) Do you experience any oil leak? Usually the base of the oil sump is wet with engine oil (yes, EO, not chain lube).
    2) I notice upon inspection, the front bolt at the oil sump (on the right side of oil drain bolt) is loose. Anyone had the same experience? I torque it to spec (12Nm) but still no difference.

Went to MAH the first time, was told maybe due to chain lube but after i did a thorough cleaning, the oil came back. Usually after a ride. Will post some pics when free.

eddie_ash
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sindefectos View Post
    Hi everyone. I'm currently riding '13 streety. Just want to ask fellow streety, particularly '13 model.
    1) Do you experience any oil leak? Usually the base of the oil sump is wet with engine oil (yes, EO, not chain lube).
    2) I notice upon inspection, the front bolt at the oil sump (on the right side of oil drain bolt) is loose. Anyone had the same experience? I torque it to spec (12Nm) but still no difference.

Went to MAH the first time, was told maybe due to chain lube but after i did a thorough cleaning, the oil came back. Usually after a ride. Will post some pics when free.
    im riding the 13 too but didnt experience on this issue.. try the triumph675 forum or street triple uk forum maybe they can answer ur doubts

sindefectos
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sindefectos
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A couple of triumphrats and street-triple.co.uk forumers having the same problem. But i understand that assembly and make is different between us and them? Just wana know if anyone here is also affected.

The picture above is the base of oil sump. Almost completely wet with oil. No drips though. Just wet when you touch at the base.

Khal
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sindefectos ungot a clearer view on the pic. I've yet to check mine.

Eddie_ash how often u all met up?

sindefectos
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll try to take a better pic. It's quite easy to check. Just reach down at the base of oil sump and feel with your fingers.

sindefectos
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More leak!! Just took this awhile ago.
    Oil Leak 1.jpgOil Leak 2.jpg

Khal
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This oil thingy will only have after long ride ah?

T.D.C
    is positioned.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe the O rings gaskets need a change or adjustments?

Bike still under warranty bro, bring it back again to rectify:thumbup:

eddie_ash
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that looks like a worn gasket, correct if im wrong new str 13 are assemble in thailand, so hence quality issues.. i guess so.. do approach gary as he is the one in charge of triumph warranty.. remember must push them as i am also claiming warranty on my front wheels..btw im coming down this fri to clarify with them on my wheels and the known str 13 rear subframe chaffing with the seat staples. U can meet me there or pm me ur hp no.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast