User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How to Apply for MACS (Malaysian Automated Clearance)

O'Ren
    writes bloody long posts. Just skip'em.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Thanks fatboypin, happy to give back

I have a silly question about MACS: once you have it, you get to use the "automated" lanes is that right? I think going back from MY in TUAS I saw a sign, but I didn't pay much attention.
    When going in, either at TUAS or WOODLANDS, what should I be looking for ? I remember seeing lanes for biometric passports or something like that at Woodlands, are these the ones we should use with MACS ?
    Pulsarians Singapore on Facebook:
    The Page: http://fb.me/SingaporePulsarians For general news and info
    The Group: http://fb.me/groups/pulsarianssg/ For all the interaction
    between Pulsarians, maintenance tips, accessories, trips & meet-ups and of course live answers to all your questions !

maddog
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by O'Ren View Post
    Great report, our first one with info for PR/Green-carders, thanks !!

Oh, almost forgot, went to Bukit Indah JUSCO (AONE shopping center), and there is no roadshow for MACS at the moment.
    Was told by the girl at the info counter that they come and go, and might be back in June, apparently it's seasonal, they are there only when they know MACS registrations go up. Didn't have much more info sorry, anyone who happens to go there please feel free to ask again to confirm, you never know..maybe it was just my luck today.
    Yeah, they come and go, these road shows. My count for Jusco is 2/4 times and for Holiday Plaza is 1/5 times.

I have a silly question about MACS: once you have it, you get to use the "automated" lanes is that right? I think going back from MY in TUAS I saw a sign, but I didn't pay much attention.
    When going in, either at TUAS or WOODLANDS, what should I be looking for ? I remember seeing lanes for biometric passports or something like that at Woodlands, are these the ones we should use with MACS ?
    Just go to any lane, the imi officer will just look at your p/p and do a quick scan before they wave you off. The bio lanes are almost never open. And I suspent that the equipment are never maintained
    MD

O'Ren
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Oh ok, so normal lane otherwise if open, bio lanes?
    I can't wait to use the macs again hehe.. Maybe this WE!
    between Pulsarians, maintenance tips, accessories, trips & meet-ups and of course live answers to all your questions !

maddog
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Oh ok, so normal lane otherwise if open, bio lanes?
    pretty much so, I've never seen bio lanes open though.
    MD

fatboypin
    has throttlelust...:P
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yah lor, i mostly see the usual lanes open each time i pass thru.

Funny thing is the inconsistency wrt white cards. I deliberately didnt give on the way in and got thru. The rest did and they stamped it. On the way back, no qn asked at all. For all i know, they could hv said i lost my white card in msia.

fatboypin
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just came back from 2nd Link.

Got the MACS sticker in exactly the same way as described. Arrived in office at 1215am and left with passport in abt 5 min! Chop chop chilli chop.

My passport expires in Mar 2014. So the 2 yr validity doesnt really apply.

Many thanks to all who hv contributed here. Cheers and ride safe.

Hi guys, so here's my little report, and I can confirm that yes if you are non Singaporean living in SG you can still get the MACS.

I got my MACS at Tuas checkpoint, when going back into Singapore, after the MY motorcycle counters, so after I got my regular exit stamp.

Stopped right after the last counter, there's a door on the left with a big MACS CENTER sign at the top of the door frame. You can't miss it.

Leave the bike either on the little pavement in front of the door or a bit further on the exit lane from the counters. (if there's a lot of traffic, obviously park as to not disturb it )

Go through the door to your left there's a lift, take it to level 2.
    Exit the lift, turn right and walk on the little overhead bridge (you can see your bike parked below from there).

Enter the room/building at the end of the little bridge, it has a big MACS sign on it.
    Enjoy that familiar breeze of AC that you learn to appreciate when you live in a hot (rich enough) country.

Walk straight to the 3 counters in front of you. The two on the right have a paper poster that says "kauntermacs" or something like this, if you read it in your head you'll know you are in the right place (if you speak Malay, you'll probably think I'm bodoh but that's ok!).

Say hi to the officer behind the counter or hit the little bell to let them know you are here. Hand over your passport, if not Singaporean you will be immediately asked "PR?", take out your green card and hand it over as well (not a PR also can, but must have the green card). Fill a quick form with your particulars. Pay RM30.

Wait in the AC, seated next to your helmet. Get both your index fingerprints taken. Wait a bit, and get your passport, green card, and payment receipt back. (It all took me 10 min.)

Look at your new one page sticker sayin' you will not have to fill a white card or get stamps all over your passport for the next 365 days. Say a little thank you in your head for fellow SBF riders without whom you wouldn't have figured it out. (thanks a lot guys, really!!)

Go back to your bike (that truly no one gives a crap about, people are too busy working or just paying attention to other things rather than plotting to steal it) and ride off feeling happy.

Resist the temptation to u-turn into MY just to test out the MACS.
    And voila ! You're done

Took some photos for you guys. Didn't see any no camera sign so I suppose it's ok as nothing there that is not public or threatening to security, these are partial photos only and it's impossible to identify any staff. But let me know if you think I better remove them:

View from after the last counter. Door is on the right in this photo, you can see there's plenty of space to park:

The MACS building:

The counters:

Hope this helps!

O'Ren
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

As you guys said, didn't find any macs lane at woodlands yesterday. I think Tuas has one (last counter) but I need to go back to check again.
    Super breezy process, takes 15sec to clear the booth, as long as the officer checks for macs first ! I was thinking of putting a sticker on the passport cover: " MACS INSIDE"

Oh, a little bit off topic but maybe someone who has it can enlighten me: what are the requirements to get the BIKES system? Looks like a super fast way to clear customs on the SG side.

maddog
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm thinking that you shld be PR / Long Term Pass holder / Work Permit / Dependent Pass , so you do not need to register

from http://www.ica.gov.sg/page.aspx?pageid=197

Operating Hours for BIKES Lanes

Woodlands Checkpoint:
    24 hours everyday

Tuas Checkpoint:
    Arrival Motorcycle – Monday to Saturday: 5.00 a.m. to 10.00 a.m.
    Sunday: Closed
    Departure Motorcycle – Monday to Saturday: 8.00 a.m. to 10.00 p.m.
    Sunday: 8.00 a.m. to 3.00 p.m.

Note: Operating hours for BIKES lanes are subject to change without prior notice.

Eligibility

The following groups of travellers can use BIKES without the need for enrolment:

•Singapore Citizens issued with the NRIC;
    •Singapore Permanent Residents issued with the blue Singapore NRIC;
    •Singapore Immigration Long Term Pass holders who have registered their fingerprints with ICA during the issuance of the new polycarbonate cards and
    •Employment / Dependant’s pass holders who have registered their fingerprints with MOM during the issuance of the new polycarbonate cards.

ICA will extend the privilege of BIKES to the above categories of travellers automatically as long as they hold valid International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) compliant passport which have been updated with ICA or MOM. For eligible Singapore Permanent Residents and Singapore Immigration Long Term Pass holders, their latest passport details must be updated with ICA. This same applies for holders of Employment Pass and Dependent Pass issued by the Ministry of Manpower (MOM).

The following groups of travellers can enrol to use BIKES:
    •Malaysian Passport Holders who are either: ◦Work Permit Holders;
    ◦Employment Pass Holders not issued with the new polycarbonate pass card;
    ◦Dependant’s Pass Holders not issued with the new polycarbonate pass card;
    ◦Student Pass Holders not issued with the new polycarbonate pass card;
    ◦Long Term Visit Pass Holders not issued with the new polycarbonate pass card

Enrolment

Travellers who wish to enrol with BIKES can apply through one of the two BIKES Enrolment Centres:

Woodlands Enrolment Centre - Woodlands Checkpoint
    Blk E after Departure Car ST office
    Operating Hours:
    Monday to Friday: 8.30 a.m. – 5.00 p.m.
    Saturday: 8.30 a.m. - 1.00 p.m.

Tuas Enrolment Centre - Tuas Checkpoint
    Departure D3 ST office
    Operating Hours:
    Monday to Saturday: 3.00 p.m. – 5.00 p.m. and 8.00 p.m. to 10.00 p.m.

Note: Operating hours for Enrolment Centres are subject to change without prior notice.

Enrolment is free of charge and will be processed on the same day.

Validity for BIKES

Singaporean
    Same as passport expiry date.

Singapore Permanent Resident
    Same as passport expiry date or REP expiry date, whichever is earlier.

Others
    Same as passport expiry date or Pass expiry date, whichever is earlier.

Note: When there is a change of employment status for Pass holders, BIKES users, who require to be enrolled to use BIKES, are required to report at any Enrolment Centre with the relevant documents to update his/her enrolment details.
    MD

maddog
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Super breezy process, takes 15sec to clear the booth, as long as the officer checks for macs first ! I was thinking of putting a sticker on the passport cover: " MACS INSIDE"
    I always open the passport to the MACS page when I put it thru the window
    MD

fatboypin
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maddog View Post
    I always open the passport to the MACS page when I put it thru the window
    I hv stuck a post-it (the coloured plastic sort) to that page so that it is easy to flip to that page.

fatboypin
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is like those systems used in the airport? Too bad not 24 hrs at Tuas. Saves hassle of taking off and putting back on the helmet.

I'm thinking that you shld be PR / Long Term Pass holder / Work Permit / Dependent Pass , so you do not need to register

from http://www.ica.gov.sg/page.aspx?pageid=197

Operating Hours for BIKES Lanes

Woodlands Checkpoint:
    24 hours everyday

Tuas Checkpoint:
    Arrival Motorcycle – Monday to Saturday: 5.00 a.m. to 10.00 a.m.
    Sunday: Closed
    Departure Motorcycle – Monday to Saturday: 8.00 a.m. to 10.00 p.m.
    Sunday: 8.00 a.m. to 3.00 p.m.

Note: Operating hours for BIKES lanes are subject to change without prior notice.

Eligibility

The following groups of travellers can use BIKES without the need for enrolment:

•Singapore Citizens issued with the NRIC;
    •Singapore Permanent Residents issued with the blue Singapore NRIC;
    •Singapore Immigration Long Term Pass holders who have registered their fingerprints with ICA during the issuance of the new polycarbonate cards and
    •Employment / Dependant’s pass holders who have registered their fingerprints with MOM during the issuance of the new polycarbonate cards.

ICA will extend the privilege of BIKES to the above categories of travellers automatically as long as they hold valid International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) compliant passport which have been updated with ICA or MOM. For eligible Singapore Permanent Residents and Singapore Immigration Long Term Pass holders, their latest passport details must be updated with ICA. This same applies for holders of Employment Pass and Dependent Pass issued by the Ministry of Manpower (MOM).

The following groups of travellers can enrol to use BIKES:
    •Malaysian Passport Holders who are either: ◦Work Permit Holders;
    ◦Employment Pass Holders not issued with the new polycarbonate pass card;
    ◦Dependant’s Pass Holders not issued with the new polycarbonate pass card;
    ◦Student Pass Holders not issued with the new polycarbonate pass card;
    ◦Long Term Visit Pass Holders not issued with the new polycarbonate pass card

Enrolment

Travellers who wish to enrol with BIKES can apply through one of the two BIKES Enrolment Centres:

Woodlands Enrolment Centre - Woodlands Checkpoint
    Blk E after Departure Car ST office
    Operating Hours:
    Monday to Friday: 8.30 a.m. – 5.00 p.m.
    Saturday: 8.30 a.m. - 1.00 p.m.

Tuas Enrolment Centre - Tuas Checkpoint
    Departure D3 ST office
    Operating Hours:
    Monday to Saturday: 3.00 p.m. – 5.00 p.m. and 8.00 p.m. to 10.00 p.m.

Note: Operating hours for Enrolment Centres are subject to change without prior notice.

Enrolment is free of charge and will be processed on the same day.

Validity for BIKES

Singaporean
    Same as passport expiry date.

Singapore Permanent Resident
    Same as passport expiry date or REP expiry date, whichever is earlier.

Others
    Same as passport expiry date or Pass expiry date, whichever is earlier.

Note: When there is a change of employment status for Pass holders, BIKES users, who require to be enrolled to use BIKES, are required to report at any Enrolment Centre with the relevant documents to update his/her enrolment details.

O'Ren
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Thanks maddog, you are right, should be registered, will call IcA tomorrow just to make sure. I remember not being able to go through the airport automated clearance tho, so I'm not sure..

Looks like a much better option as the BiKES lanes are very free and faster than the booth ones.

@fatboypin, I think Tuas is not busy enough outside peak hours to justify having those lanes operated. Cause I suppose even if it's automated thy probably assign staff to watch over still...

fatboypin
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks maddog, you are right, should be registered, will call IcA tomorrow just to make sure. I remember not being able to go through the airport automated clearance tho, so I'm not sure..

Looks like a much better option as the BiKES lanes are very free and faster than the booth ones.

@fatboypin, I think Tuas is not busy enough outside peak hours to justify having those lanes operated. Cause I suppose even if it's automated thy probably assign staff to watch over still...
    Yup. Agree.

May not need to register. Airport access no need to register beforehand. So long as biometric passport, should work.
    Last edited by fatboypin; 01-05-2012 at 11:57 AM.

robertgl
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My passport expires aug 2013. Will I be able to apply for macs?

fatboypin
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by robertgl View Post
    My passport expires aug 2013. Will I be able to apply for macs?
    Shd be ok. MACS valid for 1 yr. i did mine, exp Mar 2014.
    Try lor.

robertgl
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the reply. Will give it a try this sat.

Quote Originally Posted by fatboypin View Post
    Shd be ok. MACS valid for 1 yr. i did mine, exp Mar 2014.
    Try lor.

fatboypin
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try later at night - 11+ or 12+.
    virtually no queue. And I am referring to 2nd Link.

Thanks for the reply. Will give it a try this sat.

O'Ren
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yup. Agree.

May not need to register. Airport access no need to register beforehand. So long as biometric passport, should work.
    Nope it doesn't. Passport is biometric. So I think for the airport I should register - which I never think of doing cause I just queue at the normal counter, they are the fastest in the world anyway

maddog
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

This is like those systems used in the airport? Too bad not 24 hrs at Tuas. Saves hassle of taking off and putting back on the helmet.
    Hate to burst your bubble, but they ask you to remove your helmet when u r giving your thumbprint. I can never understand why, it's not like i would chop someone's thumb off to use at bikes. But I can't be bother to go argue with them.

While you are at it, ask about auto clearance at the checkpoints (i.e. airport, bus passenger @tuas/woodlands ), I once went on a dive trip with some green-carders and they could use the auto lanes @ the bus hall in tuas
    MD

robertgl
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the tip

fatboypin
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hate to burst your bubble, but they ask you to remove your helmet when u r giving your thumbprint. I can never understand why, it's not like i would chop someone's thumb off to use at bikes. But I can't be bother to go argue with them.
    Oh dammit. Defeats the purpose and contradicts the system at the airport where no one is there to verify ur ID as u scan. I'd call this discrimination against bikers.

robertgl
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quick update. Confirm passport less than 2 year left can apply. Got it done today. Thanks all for the advise and tips.

fatboypin
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quick update. Confirm passport less than 2 year left can apply. Got it done today. Thanks all for the advise and tips.
    good for u.

ride safe across the straits. i heard someone's african twin got stolen within 30 mins while in jb.

robertgl
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup heard it was stolen from KSL shopping centre car park

good for u.

ride safe across the straits. i heard someone's african twin got stolen within 30 mins while in jb.

O'Ren
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Guys, gotta ask cause I can't wrap my head around it : do you not have to stop at the MY customs booths once you have your MACS ?

Discussed it with some friends who just zoom through the customs in and out !

I sometimes see bikes not stopping but I always assumed they were Malaysians and had some kind of clearance right or something. But Singaporean friends tell me they don't bother to stop at the booth and nothing happens. Apparently their passport doesn't even get scanned when they do stop going into MY. Officer just looks at the macs and hands it back.

Mine is systematically scanned.

Any feedback on this and thoughts? Seems to be perfectly safe to not
    stop at the booth, and no one gets stopped further if they do so.

I asked a custom officer yesterday and he told me its mandatory for all to stop. While he was sayin that, bikes kept zooming past us on the empty lane next to us -_- ..!

epk
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By right need to stop. I got macs but Everytime the custom officer just see and close my passport liao. Nv even scan. So I think just **** care and zoom past also nv mind.. but play safe lah haha

fatboypin
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just stop lah. You wouldnt want to end up doing squats in ur birthday suit, do you?

heysugar
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All I know is, after your MACS is activated, your 1st upcoming entry to jb need to stop for them to scan for the 1st time into their system and subsequently you don't have to stop already.

For my case, my 1st entry after I got the MACS, the customs guys just return me back my passport, didn't scan no SH*t so all the way I never stop when entering jb already.

Sent from BlackBerry Smartphones®

O'Ren
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

See, the majority don't stop.. Is there anywhere an official mention of that?there has to be otherwise why would they let all these bike through without checks?

Every time there is no or little queue at the booth, there's only a very small minority of bikes that stop. So I assume it's the passports that need a stamp. The rest just zooms through..

heysugar
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I asked 2 customs guys on separate occasion, both say don't need to stop, though it was not an official statement, but it was 'official' enough for myself to just ride through without stopping.

The reason why I apply for MACS is not because of the 'don't need to stop' advantage, its because my passport pages are filling up with the stamps haha

Sent from BlackBerry Smartphones®

maddog
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Guys, gotta ask cause I can't wrap my head around it : do you not have to stop at the MY customs booths once you have your MACS ?

Discussed it with some friends who just zoom through the customs in and out !

I sometimes see bikes not stopping but I always assumed they were Malaysians and had some kind of clearance right or something. But Singaporean friends tell me they don't bother to stop at the booth and nothing happens. Apparently their passport doesn't even get scanned when they do stop going into MY. Officer just looks at the macs and hands it back.

Mine is systematically scanned.

Any feedback on this and thoughts? Seems to be perfectly safe to not
    stop at the booth, and no one gets stopped further if they do so.

I asked a custom officer yesterday and he told me its mandatory for all to stop. While he was sayin that, bikes kept zooming past us on the empty lane next to us -_- ..!
    I guess you pretty much answered your own question here. It is mandatory, but the reality is that not every officer is as diligent as he/she really should be. All you need is that one time where they decide to be diligent, and you'll be doing nekkid squats. Not really worth saving a few seconds, IMHO.
    MD

cbkooky
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have MACS. When I stop sometime they scan sometime they don't, see and close the passport. There was a time they even waive me to just ride off. it makes perfect sense to at least stop for them to check as its an immigration border. when you don't stop you are just inviting trouble to the next sibei on officer on duty. Whether or not they ask you go it's their call. We are not Malaysians , we are Sg. Being us and them being them in their country, less than 2 mins is nothing to just stop and show.

Silent Hunter
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My MACs expires next week.

Do I have to renew it before the expiry date, or can I renew after it expires.
    What I scared is if expired already, need to reapply instead of renew.
    Motorcyclist are the nicest people on the road, try not to kill us.

maddog
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Hunter View Post
    My MACs expires next week.

Do I have to renew it before the expiry date, or can I renew after it expires.
    What I scared is if expired already, need to reapply instead of renew.
    Renew/reapply process is exactly the same. The only differences that I can think of are
    1) Renewed/reapplied MACS expires on the anniversary of your renewal, so you waste a few days if you renew
    2) When you let it expire, you have to get p/p stamped on the trip that you are taking to reapply.
    MD

Silent Hunter
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Ok thanks.
    Read through the old posts.

What I want to avoid are
    1. Providing another IC size photo.
    2. Having to fill up the stupid 3 page form again.

Saw that now no need photo liao!

ChaoPuzzy1968
    has no status, no money and YUP YUP
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had the mac pp a couple of time when i report to the custom in the wee hours , all the counter show red those guys were dosing , i just politely smile like pontianak and wait quietly for them ...should have look at their faces when they wake up..... :LOL:

another time was during the change of shift they have the tenderncy just to wave ppl off, i just park at the counter and smile..... until they at least take a look.....

as most of us is aware ...there is about XXX cctv...... who is looking at us with or without stamping.... and as to thier working condition......ofcse it's working, just don't be funny with them when they want "appreciation of excellence service " seasons ....take your chance....
    Life sux..Take control ..and live it and pick yourselves up now.. die later
    if the roads end ....i go off road
    Honda Shadow ACE 400 1997
    V-strom 1k
    Dr 200

"Bikers Don't bleed, we mark our territory"...
    "Bikers Don't leave our body behind , we just a smear on the road"
    "Bikers Don't cry When we Die, we just let others do it on our behalf"
    "Bikers Don't stop Riding,We keep cruzing after we Die"

maddog
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ChaoPuzzy1968 View Post
    i just politely smile like pontianak and wait quietly for them ...should have look at their faces when they wake up.....
    You as a pontianak?? now that is one scary pontianak....
    MD

O'Ren
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Thanks guys for all the input, appreciate it. Will continue stoping, not worth potential trouble for a couple of minutes. And like you said, there is always a zealous one who will want to be smarter than the others (the other day this guy asked me to remove my helmet and not in a polite manner. What to do..remove and smile!)

fatboypin
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Been using the MACS regularly for the past 2 wks. All I can say is shiok! Saves time waiting at the counter. Not to mention making sure the RM30's well spent.

Also returned via Woodlands for the first time last weekend. And swore never again. The bike Qs were crazy and the Sg customs procedures are so different from Tuas. Take off helmet once at immigration, and then have to get off the bike, remove helmet to push bike past customs chaps along with a gazillion of other riders. So chaotic.

I'd go for Tuas anytime!

BTW, am putting up my bike for sale - http://www.singaporebikes.com/used_b...125?MSGNUM=505
    PM me if interested. Thx.
    Last edited by fatboypin; 21-05-2012 at 11:01 PM. Reason: Bike for sale

Dafanshu
    is married
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just applied for macs at holiday plaza yesterday took 5 mins only cheap and useful
    Class 2B: 11 May 2001 | Class 2A: 06 Oct 2009 | Class 2: 21 Dec 2010
    Class 3 : 26 Sep 2003 | Forklift Licence: 06 Dec 2005
    2001-2001 : Honda NSR SP 150
    2002-2002 : Honda XR 200
    2005-2005 : Honda Wave 125S
    2006-2006 : Honda TA200
    2008-2010 : Gilera VXR 200
    2011-2014 : Honda Cbr 600
    2014-Current: Yamaha FZ1S
    2010-Current: Kia Picanto OPC

Janch
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did MACs today at Woodlands side. Followed the instructions given in the thread. No Q at all. Waited for 5 mins. Super impressed by their efficiency. Malaysia Boleh!!!!! photo(1).JPGphoto.jpg

maddog
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Janch View Post
    Did MACs today at Woodlands side. Followed the instructions given in the thread. No Q at all. Waited for 5 mins. Super impressed by their efficiency. Malaysia Boleh!!!!! photo(1).JPGphoto.jpg
    Glad to have helped. Nice passport photo btw.
    MD

Janch
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks @maddog. Cheers!

mfaisalby
    HATES road hoggers. KEEP LEFT if you're a f-king SNAIL on the road! Stop being selfish!
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wahahah.. wats up with that face. wonder how d immigration officers at malaysia will react if such a photo is handed over to them. lol. cute!!!
    Apr 2006 - Oct 2009: Yamaha RXZ 135 (FS 3*** E)
    Oct 2009 - CURRENT: CB400 Spec 1 (FT 7*** J)

cbkooky
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dun forget.. No shoes inside mac office.Lol

Silent Hunter
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Damn! Went 3 times then can apply MACs.

First time, didn't bring passport! Had to U-Turn
    Second time, went in, quickly pump and went to the return to SG side of the Malaysian customs the officer told me no way to go up from this side!
    Third time, went up right after chopping passport, very scared bike will get stolen, took picture, officer told me to delete it.

But got my MACs done.

maddog
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Hunter View Post
    But got my MACs done.
    This is all that matters
    MD

fatboypin
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is all that matters
    Yeah. No more white forms and checking for datestamping.

2B(8/09);2A(10/10);2(12/11)
    Derbi "Black Maverick" Terra 125 (8/09-9/12)
    Honda "Burly Bison" Varadero XL1000V1 (10/11-12/12)
    Ducati "Banded Mustang" Hypermotard 1100 EVO SP (12/12-)
    Vespa "Vicki" GT200 (05/14-)

"Brothers, what we do in life echoes in eternity."

franz71
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

got the info off this thread and went ahead after a short ride on Sunday mrg. Brilliant! Application was a breeze...took abt 15 mins.A couple was renewing and they took like 5 mins! Thks fellas. Oh, I did mine on the second link side.

maddog
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

No prob franz.

Any changes on the 2nd link side ?
    MD