Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default [!] SBF Safety Advisories, Spam Threats, and FYIs

I got a pm from user "Jozzrobin" (Join Date Feb 2010, Posts 0), saying:

Dear, ianho;Icezstorm;CyanSupra;FB666Y;CoRnEr7!

There are viruses' activities from your computer! Highly recommend you to scan your computer for malicious and potentially unwanted software. If you do not follow this, I will have to make a complaint to your Internet Service Provider with attached log file (your IP address, etc.). If you want to find a report about your computer's security and solve every problem with it, please click here:

http://www.total-scan.com/detected/i...FB666Y;CoRnEr7

This is an online service that you can use for free spyware removal. Use it to scan your computer to help protect, clean, and keep your computer running at its best. Use the free scan to check for and remove viruses, spyware, and other potentially malicious software and to find vulnerabilities or shortcomings in your Internet security.

Thank you. Yours truly, Joseph Robinson.

----------------

My own Norton scan flagged some adwares and trojan horses that have been quarantined, howver on the total-scan site it was flagging hundreds of viruses! Good thing I didnt install their clean-up tool.

Have more users been targetted? In my Pm, ianho;Icezstorm;CyanSupra;FB666Y;CoRnEr7! have been singled out. Anyone else got this PM?

Is user Jozzrobin pulling a fast one? Im not sure I ought to be posting here but maybe the moderators can shed some light on this.

Ride Reports, Pictures & Plenty More at www.fb666y.com

Aie
    is not status conscious
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by FB666Y View Post

There are viruses' activities from your computer! Highly recommend you to scan your computer for malicious and potentially unwanted software. If you do not follow this, I will have to make a complaint to your Internet Service Provider with attached log file (your IP address, etc.). If you want to find a report about your computer's security and solve every problem with it, please click here:

This is an online service that you can use for free spyware removal. Use it to scan your computer to help protect, clean, and keep your computer running at its best. Use the free scan to check for and remove viruses, spyware, and other potentially malicious software and to find vulnerabilities or shortcomings in your Internet security.

----------------

My own Norton scan flagged some adwares and trojan horses that have been quarantined, howver on the total-scan site it was flagging hundreds of viruses! Good thing I didnt install their clean-up tool.

Have more users been targetted? In my Pm, ianho;Icezstorm;CyanSupra;FB666Y;CoRnEr7! have been singled out. Anyone else got this PM?

Is user Jozzrobin pulling a fast one? Im not sure I ought to be posting here but maybe the moderators can shed some light on this.
    Immediately delete such PMs in future. I too have received such PMs before. They end up in the trash, unopened...
    First learn stand, then learn fly. Nature's rules biker-sans. Not mine...

The more we get together, the FASTER we'll be..

Mar 93 - Oct 94 : TZR125 FF5209R
    Oct 94 - May 98 : GSX R400N FK3745K
    May 98 - Oct 05 : GSX R400R FN3306D
    Oct 05 - June 11 : '02 YZF R1 FBF3637M
    June 11 - Feb 19 : '11 ZX10R
    Feb 19 - ??????? : '14 S1000RR

FB666Y
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got it - thanks.

Ride Reports, Pictures & Plenty More at www.fb666y.com

KwanYu
    has no status.
    Class 2
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FB666Y View Post

----------------

I got this pm too... I don't recommend anyone to go to the prescribed link. who knows trojans and viruses are waiting for you down there. once you enter the web, they will lurk in to your computer un-noticed.

The acct states to be from US... jokes. They claim to make a complaint to your ISP.... crap. i've got virus and what my ISP can do?

@is@ym@n
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got this too...

stwb1981
    Motore Bici More For Less... Always!!!
    Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also kana ...
    quite numerous times wo....

Terrible...

last time prono link, nw offer free virus scan links
    wonder wat up nxt....???

Free bike with biker babes to go link...???

haha
    More for less . . . Always!!!

M.B Products : Lifestyle, Performance, Electronics, Security, Accessories . . .

Click here ---> Visit Motore Bici Section for more details

racingter
    says LETS RIDE .
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

juz tio this morning myself... i would strongly encourage members not to open any link given by unknown person.u dunno wad might be the consequences waiting for u after u have press the link..

stwb1981
    Motore Bici More For Less... Always!!!
    Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wa moderator they also disturb....
    they (the virus sender) are darn weridos haha...
    More for less . . . Always!!!

M.B Products : Lifestyle, Performance, Electronics, Security, Accessories . . .

Click here ---> Visit Motore Bici Section for more details

redbeacon
    does a double take...
    A metropolis bordered by dense forestation
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's simple to determine what is true and what is fake.

First off, why would anybody send you a message via PM on SingaporeBikes claiming that there's virus activity on your computer?

Fact is, they don't know what's on your computer, because they don't have instant access to your computer in the first place.

Secondly:

... If you do not follow this, I will have to make a complaint to your Internet Service Provider with attached log file (your IP address, etc.).
    Choice of words used in the perpetrator's message.

It shudders me to think that these kinds of people would threaten -- or "threaten", with double quotes actioned by curling 2 fingers on both sides of your hands -- threaten members of a forum if they do not comply with this perpetrator's demands.

Think of it in another way: If you know a member of SingaporeBikes and if he threatens you via PM, would you seek second opinion, help from the real Moderators of SBF, or even report that bugger to us? I know most members would, to my knowledge, because they feel offended.

Last but not least...

He's not an SBF moderator to begin with.

An uncouth normal member with just a few postings (or none whatsoever) in SingaporeBikes under his belt. We mods treat these atrocious people without any kindness or thought and will not hesitate to action against these people. Or a spamming robot.
    But we really don't care who's propagating these nonsense much to that fact, just that we are tasked to wipe these scumbags off from the face of this earth...err..., maybe only from SingaporeBikes for the time being.

==============

Thank you for reporting these user accounts to us, guys. The sooner you report, the faster we can nip them at the bud and stop them from spreading their hoaxes.

Your friendly neighbourhood Moderator
    Moderator for the I.T.inerary forum

redbeacon

redbeacon
    does a double take...
    A metropolis bordered by dense forestation
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An announcement has been made by the seniors of SingaporeBikes with regards to these kinds of Private Message spamming.

It's being stickied across the many subsections of SingaporeBikes at the top of the page.

or, you can click here to view it.

Thanks, and regards.
    Co-Moderator for IT -inerary forum
    Devout junkie » Windows • Mac • Apple iOS • BlackBerry OS

"Shut up and ride..."