Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default cb 400 revo users sharing problems and opinion

hey guys...

im riding a cb400 revo..the first batch n i kip on having this problem of regulating my throtle it seems like at slow moving and low rpm my bike seems to be jerking..could it be my throttle sensor? or is there sumtink else thatt im not known of..

if anyone every encounter the same problem pls pm me on what have u done or and how to prevent it thank u..

mild_slevin
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

do u mean after running the engine for sometime or during warm up?
    bike is a machine without soul, rider would inject new life and character to this machine

Xiao Rou Yi Hao & "Colossal" 919

Sin Ming Editor got 1 DAY jailterm and $2000 fine for pillion death!
    Rally Point: http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5322898#post5322898

DannyCrane
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i reckon you are not the first owner?

try bringing your bike down to boon siew to check.
    Danny. Danny Crane.

e'pul1986
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mild_slevin View Post
    do u mean after running the engine for sometime or during warm up?
    after ive run the engine for quite sumtime...do u hav any tips to share bro?

e'pul1986
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DannyCrane View Post
    i reckon you are not the first owner?

try bringing your bike down to boon siew to check.
    if the first owner...errmm ive sent to boon siew before n got my throttle sensor change since its still under warranty..but now not anymore haaiizzz

Pluvius
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yo, i don't understand, whats the difference between this revo cb400 and spec 3 super 4 cb400?

Metal_Heart
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pluvius View Post
    yo, i don't understand, whats the difference between this revo cb400 and spec 3 super 4 cb400?
    Spec 3 uses carbs, revo is fuel injected
    Spec 3 is older, revo is newer
    I think the bike itself got some changes but I'm not sure how many and what they are.

“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you.” - Jeremy Clarkson

[

Pluvius
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I read from reviews that FI may not necessarily be better than carb in terms of fuel efficiency.Take for example Pulsar DTS 220 FI and DTS 220 i. The Indians are very happy with the carb version of DTS 220 because of its fuel efficiency.

I wonder if this applies to revo and super 4 too.
    Last edited by Pluvius; 08-05-2010 at 05:35 PM. Reason: got it reverse

mild_slevin
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Metal_Heart View Post
    Spec 3 uses carbs, revo is fuel injected
    Spec 3 is older, revo is newer
    I think the bike itself got some changes but I'm not sure how many and what they are.
    I heard they incorporate "revo" technology but don't have the slightest idea of what is it about.
    http://www.honda.co.jp/CB400SF/

Quote Originally Posted by e'pul1986 View Post
    after ive run the engine for quite sumtime...do u hav any tips to share bro?
    Hmmm would you like to take a look at its idling or throttle cable? I'm not a Revo owner, but very curious that pple claim its "problematic".
    bike is a machine without soul, rider would inject new life and character to this machine

Rally Point: http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5322898#post5322898

bntyl
    Class 2
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe you have to warm it up first?
    i've heard revo got this warm-up technology. not really too sure what it does also.
    sorry cant help much.
    2009 - Honda NSR SP 150.

2010 - No bike.

2011 - No bike. :'(

E GREAT1
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Em this happen to my yamaha X1R, for mine is tt the chain wear out already... so for urs u might wan to look into this also? jus my 5cents thought

e'pul1986
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GUYS!!! help me!! aiiiyyyyooo....ive found out the cause of having a jerking moving off like when your doing a low speed throttle control the bike is jerking like hell due to the throttle sensor on your left hand below the tank..ive tried sealing it with silicone so water cant slip through but its not werking..hmmm feel like giving up on revo sia..hmmm any comment guys??

or feel free to msg or call me aite
    @97471642 may b we could mit up n discuss

psychokid_88
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how to tell whether its first batch revo ? mine is FBC plate.. niways for me sometimes i get that jerking. but thats because engine haven warm up properly. usually after warming up properly the bike would not jerk at low speed throttle.

SparkerS1
    is not the only
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

slow moving is about throttle control, go easy wif the throttle, mine last time also first batch de, no jerking problem

Yamaha RXZ, Kawasaki ZX KR150, Yamaha Spark135, Honda CB400 REVO NC42, Suzuki DRZ400SMK8, Aprilia RS125, Suzuki GSXR600K9, Honda RS150R

Click on the bike models for Information/Servicing/Maintenance on Kawasaki KR150, Honda CB400 Revo, Suzuki DRZ400SM and Suzuki GSXR

Facebook HONDA CB400 REVO

Can't post a new thread ?? Read HERE

SBF Garage Sales Act ---> Read HERE

mild_slevin
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I came across a forum, they discuss about low speed jerking... you can try checking your chain slack, adjust if require and monitor the situation.

e'pul1986
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

errrmmm...ive tried ahh tat, infact i tink revo is so allergic to water hahahaks sori revoians, ive to comment bad on tiz one..mine was the first model...should b the fbc plate...u see the pgmfi cover tat is to cover the fi throttle sensor have the opening facing towards the direction on riding...so lets say if its a rainy weather water can slip through if your unlucky enuff...my suggestion is to cover all electrical conector wif wire tape..coz any one of it got short curcuit all will go haywire...tat is all i can suggest but on the brighter side revo is so good in pickups v-tec engage so smoothly..fyi u guys can add STP fuel injector cleaner for better performance and FC..im staying jurong n werking in airport n i could easily get 400clicks before reserve maintaining spedd at 90-100km/h due to left with 2 merit point hahahaks..my bad, well hope u revoians having a good time with yours bike w/o any prob..

cheers SBF

ps. ride with brains not with balls
    hahahaks

mild_slevin
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

errrmmm...ive tried ahh tat, infact i tink revo is so allergic to water hahahaks sori revoians, ive to comment bad on tiz one..mine was the first model...should b the fbc plate...u see the pgmfi cover tat is to cover the fi throttle sensor have the opening facing towards the direction on riding...so lets say if its a rainy weather water can slip through if your unlucky enuff...my suggestion is to cover all electrical conector wif wire tape..coz any one of it got short curcuit all will go haywire...tat is all i can suggest but on the brighter side revo is so good in pickups v-tec engage so smoothly..fyi u guys can add STP fuel injector cleaner for better performance and FC..im staying jurong n werking in airport n i could easily get 400clicks before reserve maintaining spedd at 90-100km/h due to left with 2 merit point hahahaks..my bad, well hope u revoians having a good time with yours bike w/o any prob..

cheers SBF

hahahaks
    my bike (non CB400SF) its TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) was expose too. But luckily there's a plastic shield, else u can try rubber sleeve. STP injector cleaner, my colleague used on his old vehicle he see a significant improvement in FC. But you need to top it during each pump. Still CB400SF has a nice "melody".

psychokid_88
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cheers SBF

hahahaks
    lol. ur right about the vtec engaging smoothly ! and 400 clicks before reserve is alot sia.. mine around 360km only. roughly how much is the STP fuel injector cleaner ?

e'pul1986
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

STP fuel injector cleaner can be bought at any petrol kiosk its black in colour botle if im nt wrong and its 10 bucks..yup 400 click b4 reserve but riding ard 90-100km/h...heheheks

psychokid_88
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

STP fuel injector cleaner can be bought at any petrol kiosk its black in colour botle if im nt wrong and its 10 bucks..yup 400 click b4 reserve but riding ard 90-100km/h...heheheks
    90-100 kmh is good enough for me haha.. thanks for the info! shall try it out soon !

e'pul1986
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hahahaks cheers bro!! ride safe aitez....

ride wif brain not with balls heheheks take care..

mild_slevin
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say that CB400SF is a successful model, good transport in small sillypore. Yet doesn't hurt your pocket much.

e'pul1986
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sillypore ?? hahahaks good one i like tat...hopefully no gantry at changi motorsport hub huh..hahahaks

psychokid_88
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

successful ur right man. so many different versions already and still continuing !!

shykaru
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wandering how much is the new revo now cost.. and the 2nd hand value of it.. since the japanese are lowering their price for their local models.

mild_slevin
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sillypore ?? hahahaks good one i like tat...hopefully no gantry at changi motorsport hub huh..hahahaks
    but is it a official track for motorcycle tournament?

Quote Originally Posted by psychokid_88 View Post
    successful ur right man. so many different versions already and still continuing !!
    Yup... u can see actually there ain't too big changes too... but still selling like "hotcakes"

Quote Originally Posted by shykaru View Post
    wandering how much is the new revo now cost.. and the 2nd hand value of it.. since the japanese are lowering their price for their local models.
    Wooo I would like to know the current price tag... in the past its more expensive than Fazer 6 wor.

e'pul1986
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs down

Fuhh...!! steady lah bro...congrats to your success!!

e'pul1986
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shykaru View Post
    hmmmm...not sure abt the current price tag..bought mine for 15 or 16 pluss i guess..mine w/o the abs..i heard with the abs it cost 1k more..

do u guys think abs is nescessary?? from my experience there good n bad the good side u wont skid your bike due to the caliper claps on the bad side if theres a car in front of u sure kiss if there not enuff distance...w/o abs also has advantage n disadvantage..disadvantage is bike may skid..advantage is its 1K CHEAPER hahahaks...no lah to me if me e-brake n skill applied it would work the same..wat i mean is apply brake n down shifting gears at the same time..
    Last edited by e'pul1986; 26-07-2010 at 10:48 PM.

ad4m72
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi guys
    Just bought my revo fbd plate one week ago.My milage hit 160++ and the fuel indicator left 1 bar, top up fuel after that about $21.60.Is any problem with the bike.All stock no mod n normal riding change gear 4 -5000 rpm.

psychokid_88
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ad4m72 View Post
    Hi guys
    Just bought my revo fbd plate one week ago.My milage hit 160++ and the fuel indicator left 1 bar, top up fuel after that about $21.60.Is any problem with the bike.All stock no mod n normal riding change gear 4 -5000 rpm.
    hmm.. maybe its ur riding style ? do u always open the vtec ?

mild_slevin
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi guys
    was the vehicle full tank before the last top up?
    did the trip meter been reset? Which gave you "false" reading now.
    or check the fuel cap seal? Not sure if it would cause leakage.

hmm.. maybe its ur riding style ? do u always open the vtec ?
    If owner maintain at the range of 4 ~ 5000RPM through the journey shouldn't actuate VTEC at all.

kimmeng
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi guys
    it is normal.

ad4m72
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bro kimmeng
    I know that u just sold ur revo,is it bcos of the fuel consumption ?If it is,then teruk man full tAnk only 160-180

ad4m72
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anybody else riding revo have this kind of fc problem?

misused
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey bro, i have this issue too. Went down to Unique motorsports and found out that the TPS sensor plug almost melting from a short circuit. wondering if u have rectified yours. i was informed the TPS would have to be replaced together with the throttle body! Thats insane dude! gonna burn my pockets! do share if u seccessfully rectified yours! thanks!

RaceWerks
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paiseh

spamming

hope this helps:

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums...-recalibrator-!!!
    for faster responses:

Please contact us @ 62732203 67462203 or visit us @ www.facebook.com/racewerksmotorsports

Click Here For More Information : ShockDoctor EJECT helmet removal system | SATO Racing Japan | GBRacing Premier Protection | FP 60 Fuel Power | GT85 TELFON SPRAY | CARBON FIBRE GOODIES | RACE FAIRINGS | DYNOJET POWER COMMANDER | OHLINS PRODUCTS

Race Werks Superbike Center UBI thread
    Race Werks BM thread

Usual Promo & Products information
    Call us today @ 6273-2203

"LIKE" Us On Facebook For More Details & Offers Update
    RACE WERKS MOTOR SPORTS FACEBOOK PAGE

Jasonkky
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Bros im riding a 2010 cb400 revo and i'm experiencing problems with the TPS. Went down to bikeshop to have it replace. 2 weeks after using i tried to accelerate hard to kick in the vtec but engine unable to detect my full throttle, therefore leaving the bike unresponsive. Any revo-ians can share ur experience or solution? Thanks in advance.