User Tag List

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 150 of 647

Thread: [Gathering] Bike Wash Thread

  1. #101
    kangwei89
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    43
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by mepkoh View Post
    i will be using dish washing liquid to wash my bike...then wax and polish it...
    u are welcome to use my washing liquid...
    Wa, you really use dish wasing liquid to wash your bike?? wont it degrease the chains? Is it better then car shampoo?? I nv try before.

  2. #102
    kmjoe
    loves his NC700X
    TeePee
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Bishan
    Posts
    1,971
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pureice68 View Post
    Hi all, can I request we do it in the morning instead? Or maybe around 11am, cos I have something on later that day. Have a heavy breakfast and we work till around 4pm latest? Everyone can?
    11pm to 4pm u mean?

     

     
  3. #103
    pureice68
    has no status.
    Class 2 pureice68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,320
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kmjoe View Post
    11pm to 4pm u mean?
    Yup, that will gives us a good 5hrs at least! OK?
    Don't do it to others what you don't want others to do to you! God bless!

  4. #104
    kmjoe
    loves his NC700X
    TeePee
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Bishan
    Posts
    1,971
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Washing + talk talk Session

    DATE: 20 march 10
    MEETING VENUE: Mepkoh's place? im not sure abt his address
    MEETING TIME: 11pm - 4pm


    Itinerary:
    Wash + Chitchat


    Checklist:
    • Shampoo , cloths , polishing kit and patience


    *bucket will be provided by Organiser only. *

    Name List:


    1.kmjoe - 91296470 (not 100% confirm can go)
    2.
    3.
    4.
    5.
    6.

  5. #105
    pureice68
    has no status.
    Class 2 pureice68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,320
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Washing + talk talk Session + DIY Spraying Session

    DATE: 20 march 10
    MEETING VENUE: Mepkoh's place - The Bayshore Condo tower 2b ,unit 04-01
    MEETING TIME: 11pm - 4pm


    Itinerary:
    Wash + Chitchat + DIY Spraying Session


    Checklist:
    • Shampoo, cloths, polishing kit and patience. Spray Paints & Lacquer BYO hor!


    *bucket will be provided by Organiser only. *

    Name List:


    1.kmjoe - 91296470 (not 100% confirm can go)
    2.pureice68 - 98179068 (Demo bike for spraying!!!)
    3.
    4.
    5.
    6.
    Don't do it to others what you don't want others to do to you! God bless!

  6. #106
    kangwei89
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    43
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pureice68 View Post
    Washing + talk talk Session + DIY Spraying Session

    DATE: 20 march 10
    MEETING VENUE: Mepkoh's place - The Bayshore Condo tower 2b ,unit 04-01
    MEETING TIME: 11pm - 4pm


    Itinerary:
    Wash + Chitchat + DIY Spraying Session


    Checklist:
    • Shampoo, cloths, polishing kit and patience. Spray Paints & Lacquer BYO hor!


    *bucket will be provided by Organiser only. *

    Name List:


    1.kmjoe - 91296470 (not 100% confirm can go)
    2.pureice68 - 98179068 (Demo bike for spraying!!!)
    3.Kangwei - 9756.9806
    4.
    5.
    6.
    Where you guys meeting?? the condo carpark??

  7. #107
    pureice68
    has no status.
    Class 2 pureice68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,320
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Kangwei, we can go together.
    Don't do it to others what you don't want others to do to you! God bless!

  8. #108
    kmjoe
    loves his NC700X
    TeePee
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Bishan
    Posts
    1,971
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    wad is the exact address? isit The Bayshore, 12 Bayshore Road. (S)469965 ?
    Last edited by kmjoe; 18-03-2010 at 06:12 PM.

  9. #109
    kangwei89
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    43
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Okay! Lets go together. Where you wanna meet? kmjoe, you coming with us also??

  10. #110
    phantom spawn
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    237
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Washing + talk talk Session + DIY Spraying Session

    DATE: 20 march 10
    MEETING VENUE: Mepkoh's place - The Bayshore Condo tower 2b ,unit 04-01
    MEETING TIME: 11pm - 4pm


    Itinerary:
    Wash + Chitchat + DIY Spraying Session


    Checklist:

    * Shampoo, cloths, polishing kit and patience. Spray Paints & Lacquer BYO hor!


    *bucket will be provided by Organiser only. *

    Name List:


    1.kmjoe - 91296470 (not 100% confirm can go)
    2.pureice68 - 98179068 (Demo bike for spraying!!!)
    3.Kangwei - 9756.9806
    4.phantom spawn - 91556897 (be there by 2 pm can???)
    5.
    6.

  11. #111
    kmjoe
    loves his NC700X
    TeePee
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Bishan
    Posts
    1,971
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kangwei89 View Post
    Okay! Lets go together. Where you wanna meet? kmjoe, you coming with us also??
    yea.. wad time n where u guys meeting? i have an interview in the morning n will join u guys asap

     

     
  12. #112
    pureice68
    has no status.
    Class 2 pureice68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,320
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kmjoe View Post
    yea.. wad time n where u guys meeting? i have an interview in the morning n will join u guys asap
    kangwei, we can meet at 10.15am and see if anyone else wanna tag along. We'll move out at 10.30am sharp lah! Joe, we'll see you there lah!
    Don't do it to others what you don't want others to do to you! God bless!

  13. #113
    Pandora's Kitten :3
    = White Witch of Toa Payoh
    TeePee
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    H.M.S. Black Swan
    Posts
    4,868
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    1.kmjoe - 91296470 (not 100% confirm can go)
    2.pureice68 - 98179068 (Demo bike for spraying!!!)
    3.Kangwei - 9756.9806
    4.phantom spawn - 91556897 (be there by 2 pm can???)
    5. Kalyan - 9327 0801 (Will be there early. Pls do not call, SMS only )
    6.
    Eager to learn how to take good care of my new B17 bomber

  14. #114
    kmjoe
    loves his NC700X
    TeePee
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Bishan
    Posts
    1,971
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pureice68 View Post
    kangwei, we can meet at 10.15am and see if anyone else wanna tag along. We'll move out at 10.30am sharp lah! Joe, we'll see you there lah!
    alamak so early arh... my interview i will try to reach 9am n duno wad time fin wor... btw where u all meeting? ur house there?

  15. #115
    Pandora's Kitten :3
    = White Witch of Toa Payoh
    TeePee
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    H.M.S. Black Swan
    Posts
    4,868
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    I will have to move off in the early afternoon to get my IU installed. We actually "forgot" that important piece of equipment.

    Bike has gotten dirty from earlier 6 hour break in + Kranji rally session. I'll want to keep my chrome parts like new

  16. #116
    kangwei89
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    43
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Okay, meet you at 1015H then we go tgt. We we meeting, your place there?

    Kalyan, meeting us to go together??

  17. #117
    Pandora's Kitten :3
    = White Witch of Toa Payoh
    TeePee
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    H.M.S. Black Swan
    Posts
    4,868
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yep. I'll be at the rendevous point at 1015.

  18. #118
    pureice68
    has no status.
    Class 2 pureice68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,320
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyan View Post
    Yep. I'll be at the rendevous point at 1015.
    Hi bros, sorry for the last minute change, please note that rendevous point is changed to Bishan st 13 blk 167A MSCP (behind Zion / Bishan Home) at 10.15am.

    Do call me at 98179068 if not sure, nitezzz.... Cheers!
    Don't do it to others what you don't want others to do to you! God bless!

  19. #119
    Pandora's Kitten :3
    = White Witch of Toa Payoh
    TeePee
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    H.M.S. Black Swan
    Posts
    4,868
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Duly noted.

  20. #120
    jtzx
    busy man
    SBF Phantom Knights jtzx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    B I S H A N
    Posts
    6,248
    Feedback Score
    8 (90%)
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Have fun guys... I just woke up only.. Lolx....

    Went FNo till 4am+ yesterday ;-)
    JOSHUA
    class2B -26/2/09
    class 2A -27/7/10
    class 3 - 6/1/11
    class 2 - 30/8/12



  21. #121
    Pandora's Kitten :3
    = White Witch of Toa Payoh
    TeePee
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    H.M.S. Black Swan
    Posts
    4,868
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    SATURDAY PHANTOM WASH @ BAYSHORE

    4 of us met up at the designated Bishan carpark rendezvous at 10.30am. After a brief round of introductions we headed off in convoy to Bayshore via KPE. Unfortunately heavy traffic, coupled with the feeling of malcontent at being stuck behind a lorry going at 40kph caused me to have a relapse of Yamaha Hell-Rider Syndrome ("YHRS", a common disease for people my age) and like a mad dog my Phantom sliced through the gap between the offending lorry and the van beside it in a cacophony of pouting exhaust burbling. Huge panniers in the way? No problem, British Lancaster heavy bombers did do aerobatics to evade German fighters back in the war, too!



    I actually forgot we had to turn left to intercept the KPE at its Paya Lebar exit, thanks to YHRS

    The only viable option without holding everyone back was for me to take an alternative route via Bukit Timah hitting the ECP as early as possible and riding at YHRS-mandated velocities.

    And so I shall let convoy leader PureIce tell us if there were any fun things happening in the KayPohExpress (doubtful), while I went 95kph in seriously wet conditions (cute fluffy huge tyres and big bike FTW) while everyone else on the highway thought it is the 1950s and tyres all lose grip at 60kph or so. Who said Phantoms are slow?

    Upon arrival I had to guess which was Bayshore condo and poke around the basement but there was the Phantom group led by Mr Koh breaking out their tools for the day's projects!

    I had an absolutely fun time looking at various customisations, big people taking a ride on a tiny Yamaha X1 with racing footrest (I'd probably fall over immediately, and had safety concerns regarding further relapse of YHRS, so didn't dare try)

    Of note was a bike alarm & remote control system (Mercedes-Benz-mad-scientist-awesome), demonstration of Mr Koh's chain oiler and a whole arsenal of motorcycling wisdom which is 110% appreciated by uneducated riders like myself

    And of course PureIce's "Harley Davidson" and the newly sprayed tank cover which looks awesomely stealthy in black. Once installed it made his "HD Phantom" look like a 400cc cruiser from the dark, mysterious profile and extra-wide handlebars alone.

    There was also a super innovative young gentleman who sprayed his IU blue (seriously, have you seen a coloured IU on the road, ever?) and I was impressed the two most junior of the group had the good taste to pick a TA200 for their first rides. It took me 7 years to fully appreciate the art of motorcycling, remember? :3

    Time flew and I had only polished up the nose of my big noisy bomber when we rode to lunch at a nearby coffeeshop with serious cheap and good Western dishes. After that I broke formation to return to my motoshop at West Coast to inquire about my missing IU and road tax. Apparently "somebody" destroyed the original IU and I would have a brand spanking new unit to spray paint at my leisure, eventually.

    In the meantime Sam (proprietor) was happy that I was more than happy with my Phantom and awarded me a free XL size bike cover so all my polishing work wouldn't be marred by the infernally corrupting rainfall.

    There were issues with my side box mounting and non functional rear brakes but Mr Koh's technical expertise and YHRS induced common sense respectively solved them in turn letting me have a pristine and very pretty "mistress" to contend with. The brake pads were brand new and just had to be "baked in" for them to bite. I just went on the expressway and just started burning the rear brake! And it's perfect now since the brake pad now matches the disc surface.

    To think, people were telling me forever to get the 2A license and "at least a Super Four". Not to diss the CB400 which overflows with omgawesomeness, but no motorcycle today (trust me I've did some soul searching) would satisfy me more than the TA200... because motorcycles are all about personality and there's something for everyone

    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Pandora's Kitten :3; 20-03-2010 at 06:21 PM.

     

     
  22. #122
    phantom spawn
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    237
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    hi guys,

    i went down try to meet up u guys but wad a waste didn't even meet u guys... wahaha... anyway hope the next round cheers...

    maybe next week saturday hope it can be in bishan and not so early this time plz...

    fly of on the 5th of april hope u guy understand

  23. #123
    pureice68
    has no status.
    Class 2 pureice68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,320
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyan View Post
    SATURDAY PHANTOM WASH @ BAYSHORE

    4 of us met up at the designated Bishan carpark rendezvous at 10.30am. After a brief round of introductions we headed off in convoy to Bayshore via KPE. Unfortunately heavy traffic, coupled with the feeling of malcontent at being stuck behind a lorry going at 40kph caused me to have a relapse of Yamaha Hell-Rider Syndrome ("YHRS", a common disease for people my age) and like a mad dog my Phantom sliced through the gap between the offending lorry and the van beside it in a cacophony of pouting exhaust burbling. Huge panniers in the way? No problem, British Lancaster heavy bombers did do aerobatics to evade German fighters back in the war, too!



    I actually forgot we had to turn left to intercept the KPE at its Paya Lebar exit, thanks to YHRS

    The only viable option without holding everyone back was for me to take an alternative route via Bukit Timah hitting the ECP as early as possible and riding at YHRS-mandated velocities.

    And so I shall let convoy leader PureIce tell us if there were any fun things happening in the KayPohExpress (doubtful), while I went 95kph in seriously wet conditions (cute fluffy huge tyres and big bike FTW) while everyone else on the highway thought it is the 1950s and tyres all lose grip at 60kph or so. Who said Phantoms are slow?

    Upon arrival I had to guess which was Bayshore condo and poke around the basement but there was the Phantom group led by Mr Koh breaking out their tools for the day's projects!

    I had an absolutely fun time looking at various customisations, big people taking a ride on a tiny Yamaha X1 with racing footrest (I'd probably fall over immediately, and had safety concerns regarding further relapse of YHRS, so didn't dare try)

    Of note was a bike alarm & remote control system (Mercedes-Benz-mad-scientist-awesome), demonstration of Mr Koh's chain oiler and a whole arsenal of motorcycling wisdom which is 110% appreciated by uneducated riders like myself

    And of course PureIce's "Harley Davidson" and the newly sprayed tank cover which looks awesomely stealthy in black. Once installed it made his "HD Phantom" look like a 400cc cruiser from the dark, mysterious profile and extra-wide handlebars alone.

    There was also a super innovative young gentleman who sprayed his IU blue (seriously, have you seen a coloured IU on the road, ever?) and I was impressed the two most junior of the group had the good taste to pick a TA200 for their first rides. It took me 7 years to fully appreciate the art of motorcycling, remember? :3

    Time flew and I had only polished up the nose of my big noisy bomber when we rode to lunch at a nearby coffeeshop with serious cheap and good Western dishes. After that I broke formation to return to my motoshop at West Coast to inquire about my missing IU and road tax. Apparently "somebody" destroyed the original IU and I would have a brand spanking new unit to spray paint at my leisure, eventually.

    In the meantime Sam (proprietor) was happy that I was more than happy with my Phantom and awarded me a free XL size bike cover so all my polishing work wouldn't be marred by the infernally corrupting rainfall.

    There were issues with my side box mounting and non functional rear brakes but Mr Koh's technical expertise and YHRS induced common sense respectively solved them in turn letting me have a pristine and very pretty "mistress" to contend with. The brake pads were brand new and just had to be "baked in" for them to bite. I just went on the expressway and just started burning the rear brake! And it's perfect now since the brake pad now matches the disc surface.

    To think, people were telling me forever to get the 2A license and "at least a Super Four". Not to diss the CB400 which overflows with omgawesomeness, but no motorcycle today (trust me I've did some soul searching) would satisfy me more than the TA200... because motorcycles are all about personality and there's something for everyone

    Haha bro, thought that you'll probably call later and asked for directions but as we make our way to the basement carpark, you called to informed that you'd arrived too. Very impressed with your good sense of directions.

    Nothing much to update on the KayPohExpress as it's always so long and stuffy!

    Hehehe, ya Mr Koh's X1 is a real treat of the day as I've not been on such a small bike before! Why I didn't think of asking someone to take a picture of me on it for memory sake! Hahaha...

    I was like you when I 1st met up with the group to only find out that our Phantom can be mod and make it to look close to my future rides! From den on, I did somemore researching and checking around and Apam & my BKK trip gave me the opportunities to live my dreams!

    Yup, I must agree that the western food was cheap and good with good friendly services! I'll recommend to all to try!

    Oh ya, after you'd broke formation and went straight, wasn't it a wrong direction as it leads to Changi Airport? Not too much trouble for you I hope!

    Bro, can I like have your motortiam's contact as I would realy like to have those chrome parts like yours?
    Don't do it to others what you don't want others to do to you! God bless!

  24. #124
    pureice68
    has no status.
    Class 2 pureice68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,320
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phantom spawn View Post
    hi guys,

    i went down try to meet up u guys but wad a waste didn't even meet u guys... wahaha... anyway hope the next round cheers...

    maybe next week saturday hope it can be in bishan and not so early this time plz...

    fly of on the 5th of april hope u guy understand
    Yo bro, no worries. Bishan was only the rendezvous point for those who are not sure on how to get to mepkoh's place. Will try to arrange next Bling Blink session soon and hope you can make it. Where you're off to, long or short term trip? Cheers!
    Don't do it to others what you don't want others to do to you! God bless!

  25. #125
    ahcaibiker
    loves MV Agusta
    TeePee ahcaibiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Caucasian Bridge
    Posts
    2,033
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    anyone wanna meet up for a quick wash sometime this week? my bike is dirty enough for a good bath...


    paging for jtzx and kmjoe or anyone who stays nearby amk. don wanna travel far just to wash my bike la.
    Class 2B - 26/03/2009
    Class 2A - 01/06/2010
    Class 3 - 10/07/2009

    Rides(s)
    1) Honda TA150 - 20/04/2009 to 31/08/2014

    2) Honda CB400 Ver S - 12/07/2014 to ???

  26. #126
    jtzx
    busy man
    SBF Phantom Knights jtzx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    B I S H A N
    Posts
    6,248
    Feedback Score
    8 (90%)
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ahcaibiker View Post
    anyone wanna meet up for a quick wash sometime this week? my bike is dirty enough for a good bath...


    paging for jtzx and kmjoe or anyone who stays nearby amk. don wanna travel far just to wash my bike la.
    tmr im free.. no programm so far.. rotting session at home for e..
    JOSHUA
    class2B -26/2/09
    class 2A -27/7/10
    class 3 - 6/1/11
    class 2 - 30/8/12



  27. #127
    Pandora's Kitten :3
    = White Witch of Toa Payoh
    TeePee
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    H.M.S. Black Swan
    Posts
    4,868
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Oh ya, after you'd broke formation and went straight, wasn't it a wrong direction as it leads to Changi Airport? Not too much trouble for you I hope!

    Bro, can I like have your motortiam's contact as I would realy like to have those chrome parts like yours?
    Lol couldn't stand the silly big lorry drenching us in white mist!

    I'm too used to blazing off down south towards the city on occasional out of office assignments so that's what I did then thought -oops! When I saw the rest of the Phantoms take a slow, graceful left.

    I accelerated off as fast as I dared to go because the fastest alternate route to the ECP was through Bk Timah exit - New Bridge Road and Rochor. But of course distance, traffic and the climb up the Shears Bridge was against me.

    It's typical of me to look up streetdirectory.com for routing the night before and run through contingency plans in my head. Old habit from online flight sim days I guess :3

    I was happy with the TA200's performance (no slouch at all, and fastest vehicle in the wet ECP that day). The only issue was low speed handling but once used to it and the momentum of the machine (does not stop or go instantly, must think of driving a boat instead) it's perfect to my tastes.

    Mototiam contact - Mr Sam Heng of MotoPoint - 90265919. Shop location at 17 ln Mas Puteh S(128622).

    Basically, you know that bridge over the AYE from Clementi Central? It's between that bridge and the West Coast hawker centre.

  28. #128
    pureice68
    has no status.
    Class 2 pureice68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,320
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyan View Post
    Lol couldn't stand the silly big lorry drenching us in white mist!

    I'm too used to blazing off down south towards the city on occasional out of office assignments so that's what I did then thought -oops! When I saw the rest of the Phantoms take a slow, graceful left.

    I accelerated off as fast as I dared to go because the fastest alternate route to the ECP was through Bk Timah exit - New Bridge Road and Rochor. But of course distance, traffic and the climb up the Shears Bridge was against me.

    It's typical of me to look up streetdirectory.com for routing the night before and run through contingency plans in my head. Old habit from online flight sim days I guess :3

    I was happy with the TA200's performance (no slouch at all, and fastest vehicle in the wet ECP that day). The only issue was low speed handling but once used to it and the momentum of the machine (does not stop or go instantly, must think of driving a boat instead) it's perfect to my tastes.

    Mototiam contact - Mr Sam Heng of MotoPoint - 90265919. Shop location at 17 ln Mas Puteh S(128622).

    Basically, you know that bridge over the AYE from Clementi Central? It's between that bridge and the West Coast hawker centre.
    Hmmm... Ya, very good idea to check/plan routes in advance. Oh ya, I wanted to inform you that your back license plate assembly is slanted but you'd sped off and I forgotten to text you after reaching mepkoh's place as we got right down into washing our engines under the rain, hahahaha.... brings back memories of my childhood days where I always play under the rain! Very fun! Thanks for the contact details bro, and I shud be able to locate Sam's place with my gps. Cheers!
    Don't do it to others what you don't want others to do to you! God bless!

  29. #129
    Pandora's Kitten :3
    = White Witch of Toa Payoh
    TeePee
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    H.M.S. Black Swan
    Posts
    4,868
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Typo, should be Jalan Mas Puteh ^ Sam is a nice honest chap who does everything very nice. But his Phantom was more expensive than everyone elses (was worth it though!)

    Lol wash engine under rain, wish I could join you. License plate indeed is slanted due to the kopitiam engineering. From the way it looks it may be possible to bend it horizontal but after applying some experimental force it didn't move even one degree.

    I decided it just added to the "personality" of the bike and LTA didn't complain so it's fine! I told Sam I didn't want my license plate bent from parking maneuvers or someone walking into it so he did that makeshift bracket that is surprisingly rigid.

    So I can park nicely by reversing until I hit the kerb

    I may need to do up hazard light quickly on KeV's suggestion for the Phantom rally night, that is, before Good Friday. Anyone can help on selling me parts & install? (I don't have a lot of hands on experience in electrical stuffs although I can understand the wiring diagram..)

  30. #130
    pureice68
    has no status.
    Class 2 pureice68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,320
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyan View Post
    Typo, should be Jalan Mas Puteh ^ Sam is a nice honest chap who does everything very nice. But his Phantom was more expensive than everyone elses (was worth it though!)

    Lol wash engine under rain, wish I could join you. License plate indeed is slanted due to the kopitiam engineering. From the way it looks it may be possible to bend it horizontal but after applying some experimental force it didn't move even one degree.

    I decided it just added to the "personality" of the bike and LTA didn't complain so it's fine! I told Sam I didn't want my license plate bent from parking maneuvers or someone walking into it so he did that makeshift bracket that is surprisingly rigid.

    So I can park nicely by reversing until I hit the kerb

    I may need to do up hazard light quickly on KeV's suggestion for the Phantom rally night, that is, before Good Friday. Anyone can help on selling me parts & install? (I don't have a lot of hands on experience in electrical stuffs although I can understand the wiring diagram..)
    You shud have gotten Mr Koh to guide you along doing up the hazard light last Sat as I think he still have some extra parts.
    Don't do it to others what you don't want others to do to you! God bless!

  31. #131
    kangwei89
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    43
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Kalyan, I'm thinking of doing up hazard lights too. We can meet up to get it done if you are interested, maybe during one of the bike wash or smth.

     

     
  32. #132
    pureice68
    has no status.
    Class 2 pureice68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,320
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kangwei89 View Post
    Kalyan, I'm thinking of doing up hazard lights too. We can meet up to get it done if you are interested, maybe during one of the bike wash or smth.
    Hazard Light shud ask mepkoh better as he has the parts and can guide you along. Cheers!
    Don't do it to others what you don't want others to do to you! God bless!

  33. #133
    jtzx
    busy man
    SBF Phantom Knights jtzx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    B I S H A N
    Posts
    6,248
    Feedback Score
    8 (90%)
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    yes i agree man.. this days keep on raining. no point waxing bike also.. after rain go down splash some clean water and clean ok already.. +D
    JOSHUA
    class2B -26/2/09
    class 2A -27/7/10
    class 3 - 6/1/11
    class 2 - 30/8/12



  34. #134
    kangwei89
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    43
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Thanks for the advise. Ya, I should probably ask mepkoh for help. I anyhow touch later screw up the circuit, sekali kana electric shock. haha.

    Ya, the rain sucks man.. that day I wax until so bling then still rain... But I managed to maintain a reasonable shine. The moment I reached home I used razali's Super Absorbent cloth to wipe dry, not a single water smudge left =)

  35. #135
    Pandora's Kitten :3
    = White Witch of Toa Payoh
    TeePee
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    H.M.S. Black Swan
    Posts
    4,868
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Oh yeah! Forgot about the SA cloth - guess I'll need to nab one on the next wash meet.

    Kangwei - do let me know when you wish to do the hazard lights installation. From diagram it looks fine but I'm loathe to start dismantling my headlight assembly. Still content with admiring my bike. You have a better chance of getting it right!

    No risk of electic shock since we are not working with the battery. Without the ignition key on there will be no live current, anyway.

  36. #136
    hamsterwhale
    is riding a 1400 camel
    TeePee hamsterwhale's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    land of woods in a circle
    Posts
    2,945
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyan View Post
    Old habit from online flight sim days I guess :3
    FS8? FS9 or FS10? oops off topic...

    been awhile since i last flew for a VA liao....lol
    Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther.
    J. P. Morgan

  37. #137
    Pandora's Kitten :3
    = White Witch of Toa Payoh
    TeePee
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    H.M.S. Black Swan
    Posts
    4,868
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    lol i played flightsims since I was about 4 years old. Falcon 2.0 was my earliest recollection, and some green-screened vintages before them.

    My favourite must be the Russian designed combat flight sims, IL-2 and LO:MAC. They're easy to live with for starters but the hard part is combat tactics. Got to read up on historical facts to win against online opposition (who seem to know their 'realism' stuff very well)

    FS was interesting enough - have you seen primary school kid talk about operating a Boeing 747? Very lonely existence LOL

  38. #138
    Pandora's Kitten :3
    = White Witch of Toa Payoh
    TeePee
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    H.M.S. Black Swan
    Posts
    4,868
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ahcaibiker View Post
    anyone wanna meet up for a quick wash sometime this week? my bike is dirty enough for a good bath...


    paging for jtzx and kmjoe or anyone who stays nearby amk. don wanna travel far just to wash my bike la.
    Work in toa payoh and because my Phantom deserves clear and jam-free roads I don't go back till quite late. Pull me along if you like.

  39. #139
    jtzx
    busy man
    SBF Phantom Knights jtzx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    B I S H A N
    Posts
    6,248
    Feedback Score
    8 (90%)
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    this days i water wash only.. rain and rain...hahhaa
    JOSHUA
    class2B -26/2/09
    class 2A -27/7/10
    class 3 - 6/1/11
    class 2 - 30/8/12



  40. #140
    phantom spawn
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    237
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    mi well,

    i'm going to be gone for 10 to 15 days to china keke in-law planed the holiday trip u juz can't turn dwn rite... so i'm free on the saturday afternoon sunday got IPPT at toa payho safra... so not convenience hope u guys understand...

    give mi a chance to at least meet u guys up b4 i leave for china so plz (finger XXX for saturday wash "plan for mi") i really be grateful


    cheers

  41. #141
    ahcaibiker
    loves MV Agusta
    TeePee ahcaibiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Caucasian Bridge
    Posts
    2,033
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jtzx View Post
    this days i water wash only.. rain and rain...hahhaa

    bro, tmr you free to wash bike mah?
    Class 2B - 26/03/2009
    Class 2A - 01/06/2010
    Class 3 - 10/07/2009

    Rides(s)
    1) Honda TA150 - 20/04/2009 to 31/08/2014

    2) Honda CB400 Ver S - 12/07/2014 to ???

     

     
  42. #142
    jtzx
    busy man
    SBF Phantom Knights jtzx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    B I S H A N
    Posts
    6,248
    Feedback Score
    8 (90%)
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ahcaibiker View Post
    bro, tmr you free to wash bike mah?
    approx 5pm+ i be free ;D or earlier
    JOSHUA
    class2B -26/2/09
    class 2A -27/7/10
    class 3 - 6/1/11
    class 2 - 30/8/12



  43. #143
    ahcaibiker
    loves MV Agusta
    TeePee ahcaibiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Caucasian Bridge
    Posts
    2,033
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jtzx View Post
    approx 5pm+ i be free ;D or earlier
    on la, we meet 4.30pm at the usual place. settle?
    Class 2B - 26/03/2009
    Class 2A - 01/06/2010
    Class 3 - 10/07/2009

    Rides(s)
    1) Honda TA150 - 20/04/2009 to 31/08/2014

    2) Honda CB400 Ver S - 12/07/2014 to ???

  44. #144
    jtzx
    busy man
    SBF Phantom Knights jtzx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    B I S H A N
    Posts
    6,248
    Feedback Score
    8 (90%)
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ahcaibiker View Post
    on la, we meet 4.30pm at the usual place. settle?
    tentitivly ok.... if have to pulll back later abit i sms you k ;-)

    tmr will be a wash wash only.. no waxing.. since it's a raining season.
    JOSHUA
    class2B -26/2/09
    class 2A -27/7/10
    class 3 - 6/1/11
    class 2 - 30/8/12



  45. #145
    Pandora's Kitten :3
    = White Witch of Toa Payoh
    TeePee
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    H.M.S. Black Swan
    Posts
    4,868
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    So, PWG team, any plans for Sat?

  46. #146
    jtzx
    busy man
    SBF Phantom Knights jtzx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    B I S H A N
    Posts
    6,248
    Feedback Score
    8 (90%)
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Washing + talk talk Session

    DATE: 23 march 10
    MEETING VENUE: Bishan st 13 MSCP
    MEETING TIME: 4.30 pm


    Itinerary:
    Wash + Chitchat


    Checklist:
    • Shampoo , cloths , polishing kit and patience


    *bucket will be provided by Organiser only. *

    Name List:


    1.jtzx -
    2.ahcai -
    3.
    4.
    5.
    6
    JOSHUA
    class2B -26/2/09
    class 2A -27/7/10
    class 3 - 6/1/11
    class 2 - 30/8/12



  47. #147
    Pandora's Kitten :3
    = White Witch of Toa Payoh
    TeePee
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    H.M.S. Black Swan
    Posts
    4,868
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    If still there by 6.30 expect strange Phantom visitor.

    --

    No one at MSCP so I explored a new route home up Bishan Rd along the MRT line all the way to Yishun. Stopped by Yishun Dam and with the fading light of dusk, finished polishing the left side of my machine to a mirror sheen :3

    So addictive!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Pandora's Kitten :3; 23-03-2010 at 10:20 PM.

  48. #148
    jtzx
    busy man
    SBF Phantom Knights jtzx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    B I S H A N
    Posts
    6,248
    Feedback Score
    8 (90%)
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    aiyo.. how come nr msg any of us? wash bike till 610pm then we call it a day =D
    JOSHUA
    class2B -26/2/09
    class 2A -27/7/10
    class 3 - 6/1/11
    class 2 - 30/8/12



  49. #149
    pureice68
    has no status.
    Class 2 pureice68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,320
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Washing + talk talk Session

    DATE: 27 March 10
    MEETING VENUE: Toa Payoh Lor 5 Blk 50
    MEETING TIME: 10am


    Itinerary:
    Wash + Chitchat


    Checklist:
    • Shampoo, cloths, polishing kit and patience


    *bucket will be provided by Organiser only. *

    Name List:


    1.pureice68 - 98179068
    2.
    3.
    4.
    5.
    6.
    Don't do it to others what you don't want others to do to you! God bless!

  50. #150
    Pandora's Kitten :3
    = White Witch of Toa Payoh
    TeePee
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    H.M.S. Black Swan
    Posts
    4,868
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Washing + talk talk Session

    DATE: 27 March 10
    MEETING VENUE: Toa Payoh Lor 5 Blk 50
    MEETING TIME: 10am


    Itinerary:
    Wash + Chitchat


    Checklist:
    • Shampoo, cloths, polishing kit and patience


    *bucket will be provided by Organiser only. *

    Name List:


    1.pureice68 - 98179068
    2.Kalyan - 9 3270801 (Can borrow someone's clearcoat? Clearcoat IU!!)
    3.
    4.
    5.
    6.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •