User Tag List

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: MOST of the technical term on KR150 (kawasaki Kips)

kaiq
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dun fix, racing footrest is illegal by LTA.

adesmond2
    is a Relaxed
    SBF Lacer
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by steve955 View Post
    Hi guys looking for info on the charging system on my son's krr 150 resistance readings at coils and voltage readings at rectifier. Any info or links to manual will be appreciated
    wow.. You diying the resistance coil and rectifier? Or just installing Volt meter? If volt meter, tap onto the ignition point so that when you turn on your switch, your volt meter will be powered on.
    If you are DIYing the coil and rectifier, I don't remember seeing any manual advising on the exact voltage as anything wrong or "what-so-ever" could burst up in flames. Sorry I can't be of much help.

Quote Originally Posted by Bionix1 View Post
    Good evening ppl. Just bought a set of racing footrest but I'm missing 1 component to fix it.
    Attachment 321650
    Anyone know where can I get this part from? Thanks in advance.
    As per Uncle Alvin from KRR page, just go to Malaysia or any bike shop and ask.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiq View Post
    Dun fix, racing footrest is illegal by LTA.
    It's now Grey to legal depending on the way you install the footrest and the height of it. Not all are illegal.
    Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks...

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well.

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

marcusmarcquez
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyway to mod fuel consum? mine now full tank goes about 200km good or bad?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

frslims
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by marcusmarcquez View Post

200 is considered normal. If ur riding stylebis smooth between 80-90kph, u can save more

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

zhongwee
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi guys, got a few questions to ask
    1) front and back wheel felt some wobbling, where can I fix it and how much would it cost?
    2) sometime when I'm at the traffic light, there's some white smoke coming from my handlebar, what's causing it?
    Thanks )

marcusmarcquez
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wobble sometimes tyre no air. or swing arm is faulty. these two were what i encounter.

adesmond2
    is a Relaxed
    SBF Lacer
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hi Guys! Sorry for the late late reply as I seldom log in forums already.

Normal, if you wan better FC, you have to mod some stuff and your fuel will go up estimated 250.. but you sacrifice power..

Quote Originally Posted by frslims View Post
    200 is considered normal. If ur riding stylebis smooth between 80-90kph, u can save more

Indeed.. Slower save more..

Quote Originally Posted by zhongwee View Post
    Hi guys, got a few questions to ask
    1) front and back wheel felt some wobbling, where can I fix it and how much would it cost?
    2) sometime when I'm at the traffic light, there's some white smoke coming from my handlebar, what's causing it?
    Thanks )
    1) might be bearing or wheel uneven, need to check to know more details..
    2) white smoke? Doesn't sound good.. Unless you spray some stuff recently or it's raining.. else there's a huge possibility that something is leaking and your exhaust is "vaporising" it..

wobble sometimes tyre no air. or swing arm is faulty. these two were what i encounter.

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks...

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well.

pufferfis
    Its CLOBBERING TIME!
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by adesmond2 View Post
    Originally Posted by steve955 View Post
    Hi guys looking for info on the charging system on my son's krr 150 resistance readings at coils and voltage readings at rectifier. Any info or links to manual will be appreciated

wow.. You diying the resistance coil and rectifier? Or just installing Volt meter? If volt meter, tap onto the ignition point so that when you turn on your switch, your volt meter will be powered on.
    If you are DIYing the coil and rectifier, I don't remember seeing any manual advising on the exact voltage as anything wrong or "what-so-ever" could burst up in flames. Sorry I can't be of much help.

I tink steve955 meant checking the condition of the rectifier and coil using a multimeter tru resistance readings...read it in hayne's manuals of various bikes of how to do it but im a lousy electrical person at it....
    I ride at 70km/hr only...please please dont blow2 at me or overtake me dangerously....wait i change into Incredible Hulk n dont know why my little baby bike will always be ahead of u if u do that

Sharpedge
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi all, newbie rider here.

As i was riding on expressway, with a consistent speed of 90-100km/hr, i noticed the bike started to lose power.

The feeling is as though it was running out of petrol. Like one moment the throttle is fine, next moment when open throttle the bike simply gives a sound like its dying out.

After a few moments of these, opening the throttle will finally have no more effect on the bike. The bike loses power and eventually the engine dies.

After a few minutes of stopping at the expressway shoulder, the bike seems to be alright again, then about 5km or so, the same "throttle problem" comes about and i have to keep stopping and starting on the shoulder otherwise cant even get home.

After exit expressway, at speeds of 50-70km/hr, the bike does not seem to give this problem.

Checked coolant and 2T plenty of both left in bike. For petrol im sure theres at least 9L inside coz i just pumped ytd.

Anyone have any idea what could be wrong? Anything i can possibly adjust on the bike to rectify this?

haoKR
    is a slow rider..
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpedge View Post
    Hi all, newbie rider here.

As i was riding on expressway, with a consistent speed of 90-100km/hr, i noticed the bike started to lose power.

The feeling is as though it was running out of petrol. Like one moment the throttle is fine, next moment when open throttle the bike simply gives a sound like its dying out.

After a few moments of these, opening the throttle will finally have no more effect on the bike. The bike loses power and eventually the engine dies.

After a few minutes of stopping at the expressway shoulder, the bike seems to be alright again, then about 5km or so, the same "throttle problem" comes about and i have to keep stopping and starting on the shoulder otherwise cant even get home.

After exit expressway, at speeds of 50-70km/hr, the bike does not seem to give this problem.

Checked coolant and 2T plenty of both left in bike. For petrol im sure theres at least 9L inside coz i just pumped ytd.

Anyone have any idea what could be wrong? Anything i can possibly adjust on the bike to rectify this?
    whens the last time u service your carb.
    how long is your ride till now, is this the 1st time u encounter this

Ride Defensively; always.

Class BB2BDC - 11AUG2010
    Kawasaki KIPS -> 2010 ~ 2014
    Aprilia RS125(09) -> 2014 ~ 2017
    Class BB2ADC - NOV2016
    Suzuki DRZ -> 2017 ~ 2018
    Honda Revo -> 2018 ~

Sharpedge
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes its the first time i have encountered this.

After speaking to some friends, i have decided to bring it back to the shop i bought it from. Coz apparently its still under their "1 month warranty".

Will update again.

frslims
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes its the first time i have encountered this.

After speaking to some friends, i have decided to bring it back to the shop i bought it from. Coz apparently its still under their "1 month warranty".

Will update again.
    Last time I had same issue

Root cause is fuel filter dirty, when u reach certain speed, bike will consume more petrol. Filter dirty will have impact on fuel supply.

If u wait while like 5 mins, u can start engine again

Sharpedge
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Update: PROBLEM SOLVED!

Many workshops (including the shop i bought it from) were closed for 4 days straight due to the SG50 holidays. I decided i did not want to wait.

So at a speed no more than 55km/hr the whole time, i decided to enter malaysia. Lol.

I went to Hou Heng at Jalan Tun Abdul Razak Susur 4 (aka Jalan Bapok or Ah Gua Lane).

Met the boss, explained my problems, and he got his 2 mechanics to do the work + a test ride.

This is what they did:
    -Clean Carb
    -Replaced a plastic thing which i believe is the "fuel filter" (the original on my bike was filthy and almost completely filled with black deposits)
    -Replaced the electrical connector to make my petrol and temperature gauges work
    -Adjust 2T intake
    -Adjust petrol intake
    -Adjust clutch (Engine would sometimes die out while stationary just as i engage first gear)

Totalled up to 100RM. Or SGD$36

Was it a good price? Im not sure.

On the way back i could finally throttle more aggressively and also do 120-130 with no more engine dying. So problem solved.

frslims
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Many workshops (including the shop i bought it from) were closed for 4 days straight due to the SG50 holidays. I decided i did not want to wait.

So at a speed no more than 55km/hr the whole time, i decided to enter malaysia. Lol.

I went to Hou Heng at Jalan Tun Abdul Razak Susur 4 (aka Jalan Bapok or Ah Gua Lane).

Met the boss, explained my problems, and he got his 2 mechanics to do the work + a test ride.

This is what they did:
    -Clean Carb
    -Replaced a plastic thing which i believe is the "fuel filter" (the original on my bike was filthy and almost completely filled with black deposits)
    -Replaced the electrical connector to make my petrol and temperature gauges work
    -Adjust 2T intake
    -Adjust petrol intake
    -Adjust clutch (Engine would sometimes die out while stationary just as i engage first gear)

On the way back i could finally throttle more aggressively and also do 120-130 with no more engine dying. So problem solved.
    Sure cheap for price that you cant get here....

Actually, no need to change plastic,just wash it. Original plastic much better than non original one.

Sharpedge
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with you about original parts!

But the bike itself is 13 years old. Im pretty sure that plastic on my bike was also non original.

alex200121
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

any1 got try change biger than sport rim rear 18 x 2.15?

Zayn
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi can anyone help? my krr 150 rpm when at idling in neutral gear is not stable the needle does not stay but keeps moving slightly. What is the cause of this ?

seankayz3
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Good evening Desmond

I'm having kick start problems with my kr. Any tips and suggestions bro?

seankayz3
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi. I can't seem to kick start my kr. What's the problem and how do I solve it. Tired a lot of ways to start already but still failed

seankayz3
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Good evening guys.

I can't seem to kick start my kr and I already tried many ways to kick start it but still failed. Any captain here

adesmond2
    is a Relaxed
    SBF Lacer
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This is what they did:
    -Clean Carb
    -Adjust 2T intake
    -Adjust petrol intake

Yup, fuel issue will cost that problem..

Quote Originally Posted by alex200121 View Post
    any1 got try change biger than sport rim rear 18 x 2.15?
    Not recommended if you wan to use your KR for long term

Quote Originally Posted by Zayn View Post
    hi can anyone help? my krr 150 rpm when at idling in neutral gear is not stable the needle does not stay but keeps moving slightly. What is the cause of this ?
    Perfectly normal unless you wan to change your speedo meter.

Quote Originally Posted by seankayz3 View Post
    I'm having kick start problems with my kr. Any tips and suggestions bro?
    Hi. I can't seem to kick start my kr. What's the problem and how do I solve it. Tired a lot of ways to start already but still failed
    I can't seem to kick start my kr and I already tried many ways to kick start it but still failed. Any captain here
    2 things to take note,
    1st - Carb when did you last wash?
    2nd - Spark plug last changed?

Remember to on choke

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011