TeePee
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Daelim S3 fuel injection DOHC 125cc scooter

Hi all, any1 brought e above scooter can share some info on e performance n maintenance on it? The adv said it can hit 140 top speed, dun kn how true is it for a 125cc. Price wise is quite high at 8.6k OTR, dun kn why daelim bikes can b tat expensive. Any inputs or comments bros?

KChiong
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

collecting it on tues. I dun think can go that fast. Will update again

sym7
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KChiong View Post
    collecting it on tues. I dun think can go that fast. Will update again
    Btw, how much u pay for it bro? i also interested in e bike but price too high le. Well if e performance is good then i will consider buying. Thanks for e input n hope to hear from u soon, happy riding.

KChiong
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sym7 View Post
    Btw, how much u pay for it bro? i also interested in e bike but price too high le. Well if e performance is good then i will consider buying. Thanks for e input n hope to hear from u soon, happy riding.
    I paid $8600 (all in) for the bike inclusive of 10 years road tax free (special promo, now no more), helmet, bike cover, box, and rain coat. Be aware that their interest is one of the highest (7%) but no early payment penalty. I also paid $90/- for the admin charge for hire purchase agreement.

I down 1.5K and after considering the interest, i have decided to paid up everything when i collect the bike next Tues. Not really advertising for them, CKA service is good albeit the steep prices of their bikes and what the salesperson told me is true - they only sell Daelim and they cant afford to compromise the quality of the bike.

The servicing for the first few is FOC ie i dun have to pay a cent. Will update again

sym7
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I paid $8600 (all in) for the bike inclusive of 10 years road tax free (special promo, now no more), helmet, bike cover, box, and rain coat. Be aware that their interest is one of the highest (7%) but no early payment penalty. I also paid $90/- for the admin charge for hire purchase agreement.

I down 1.5K and after considering the interest, i have decided to paid up everything when i collect the bike next Tues. Not really advertising for them, CKA service is good albeit the steep prices of their bikes and what the salesperson told me is true - they only sell Daelim and they cant afford to compromise the quality of the bike.

The servicing for the first few is FOC ie i dun have to pay a cent. Will update again
    ok bro thanks for e update, i was also quote 8.6k fo it but still find e price too high for a 125cc le, if 200cc then i dun mind fork out e extra cash. Now wish to hear from u regarding e performance n maintanence issues of e bike, n e cost of spares like belt, rollers, filters etc. All e best n happy riding.

shorty
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forget abt this bike.too expensive. Get the pcx instead. Or if u willing to spend, get the sym joymax300i.

KChiong
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's really up to personal preference. IMO, i dun like PCX is becoz of the build and drum brake and at point of viewing, the design of the bike is not suitable for placing a box unless the rack is mod by individual shops. As for excel ii, i find it too ugly albeit its a budget bike that gain a competitive edge. I choosen S3 is beocz i like the design and technology associated with it, and i prepared to spend. I note that performance and maintanence are mainly your concerns. Then you should consider sym evo 200i and GTS 200. But note that the latter has some exhaust issues and you may want to view the sym subforum to gain an insight. For evo 200i, the price is around 7.4k otr.

sym7
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well i'm currently riding a GTS200, wanted to upgrade to another bike. As there is not much to choose from for 200cc as i only hv 2B, so i rounded up 3 bikes, kymco dink150, S3 n joyride 200i. Not really looking for a high performance bike but a decent performance n less problem issues for S3 in view of e price tat it is on.
    Bro KChiong, so u collected ur S3? How's ur ride? Let me kn if u encounter any problems with e bike, will like to kn more b4 i buy it. Thanks for e inputs, cheers!

KChiong
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well i'm currently riding a GTS200, wanted to upgrade to another bike. As there is not much to choose from for 200cc as i only hv 2B, so i rounded up 3 bikes, kymco dink150, S3 n joyride 200i. Not really looking for a high performance bike but a decent performance n less problem issues for S3 in view of e price tat it is on.
    Bro KChiong, so u collected ur S3? How's ur ride? Let me kn if u encounter any problems with e bike, will like to kn more b4 i buy it. Thanks for e inputs, cheers!
    Hi, i'm running so there's nothing much to share but the pickup is bad (even if i dun throttle much) Why I'm saying is becoz previously i was riding a Gilera DNA for 9 yrs plus, engine similar to runner 180. When the RPM hits 4-5, i can easily hit 40km/hr and above, but the S3 is a disappointment in this aspect as the bike will reach 40km/hr when the rpm is around 6 and not forgetting that time taken is longer (less responsive). Speaking abt the plus point, very stable in terms of cornering since it's one of the biggest 2b bike. So far no problem since i only ride for 2 days. Some riders upon collecting their bike will attempt to mod their bikes for example exhaust, LED etc. But for S3, i couldnt think of anything to change and thus save me the money

CKA's livelihood and existence depend on Daelim. If their customer service is not up to par and the quality of the bike is compromised, customer would lose confidence and there goes their business. I paid full cash and so far their service is to my standard.

Before i bought the bike, i asked them abt the cost of the normal servicing. for eg changing of rollers and belt will not cost more than $150 - which should be cheaper than Gilera bikes. When i asked abt the availability of parts since i will be riding for more than 5 yrs shd nothing goes wrong, they mentioned that Daelim will continue producing the parts for 10 yrs (hope they are telling the truth)

If you have the time to spare, i suggest you wait till i finish my run in before getting your next ride so i'll be able to give a more accurate evaluation and in the meanwhile, you can collect information on other bikes. We can meet for kopi if you want since i'mclocking mileage

KChiong
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how about PGO G-max 200 and x-hot 150? I nearly bought the latter but decided on the s3 as i wanted a maxi scooter

adair69
    adair69
    has no status.
    Edit

Default Daelim S3 fuel injection 125cc scooter

Hi All

I'm running in the S3 too currently.

Service from CKA has been faultless and I think its an indicator for the future as generally how you get treated from interest to purchase (especially when you're a difficult as I am) is how it continues.

I agree the revs sit quite high on the model, but generally I put this down to a constantly adjusting auto clutch. The early signs are that the bike has hidden grunt, but until run in can't really say. It is however eager to move. The throttle does seem to have a "engage" no "engage" jerkiness to its delivery, but again I feel the clutch and gearbox is the suspect here.

Stability for what is a big old beast is not as good as I anticipated, and could be down to its aerodynamics coupled with a light structure, but in respect of handling it makes life very easy around town.

140 I think is pretty much out of the question, unless I'm seriously off the mark; in saying that I do believe that its comparable with any 200cc I've ridden, certainly in respect of riding within the limits.

Fuel consumption so far has been 8.33l to 298km. I hope to see this improve as the bike loosens up.

As a commuter it does pretty much exactly what I thought it would, as with anything you always want it to do things even better....

I'll post up the next piece as its done the run in and I can comment further.

Finally ... value for money. Well that's all relative really. For me the "no key" for convenience, the DOHC with fuel injection for smoothness, and the fact its locally produced with no issues for parts kind of made it ideal. Service plays a part as well and some of the dealers for other makes... well didn't impress.

I could critique some of the other bikes I tried, but in fairness as I say these are pretty much personal choices.

sym7
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, thanks for all e updates bros. I think e 140 top speed is bullshit la, i throttle my GTS to 90 it start to roar n vibrate violently liao. In view of e high price n low power of S3, i may b getting a sym joyride200i instead. Anyway no hurry la cos my road tax expire nxt yr march. Hopefully when u guys finish running in ur S3, e pickup will improve loh. Hope to hear more from u guys again, thanks n happy riding
    Last edited by sym7; 20-11-2010 at 09:24 PM.

raden
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi all, any1 brought e above scooter can share some info on e performance n maintenance on it? The adv said it can hit 140 top speed, dun kn how true is it for a 125cc. Price wise is quite high at 8.6k OTR, dun kn why daelim bikes can b tat expensive. Any inputs or comments bros?
    u bought the wrong scooter lah bro....u should ask ppl first before buying!!!

firestation
    is going Bonks
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, i'm running so there's nothing much to share but the pickup is bad (even if i dun throttle much) Why I'm saying is becoz previously i was riding a Gilera DNA for 9 yrs plus, engine similar to runner 180. When the RPM hits 4-5, i can easily hit 40km/hr and above, but the S3 is a disappointment in this aspect as the bike will reach 40km/hr when the rpm is around 6 and not forgetting that time taken is longer (less responsive). Speaking abt the plus point, very stable in terms of cornering since it's one of the biggest 2b bike. So far no problem since i only ride for 2 days. Some riders upon collecting their bike will attempt to mod their bikes for example exhaust, LED etc. But for S3, i couldnt think of anything to change and thus save me the money

CKA's livelihood and existence depend on Daelim. If their customer service is not up to par and the quality of the bike is compromised, customer would lose confidence and there goes their business. I paid full cash and so far their service is to my standard.

Before i bought the bike, i asked them abt the cost of the normal servicing. for eg changing of rollers and belt will not cost more than $150 - which should be cheaper than Gilera bikes. When i asked abt the availability of parts since i will be riding for more than 5 yrs shd nothing goes wrong, they mentioned that Daelim will continue producing the parts for 10 yrs (hope they are telling the truth)

If you have the time to spare, i suggest you wait till i finish my run in before getting your next ride so i'll be able to give a more accurate evaluation and in the meanwhile, you can collect information on other bikes. We can meet for kopi if you want since i'mclocking mileage

Im riding rwr daelim currently and will be changing it to s3 ....by next month my new bike shld come out. anyway dont expect too much from tis bike as its only 125cc..... power wise will be lesser..... need to mod on the bike.like wat i did on the rwr when i first had it.... haizzzzbut anyway mange to do up my rwr125 with no regreats..... had more power and nice pick up.... will disscus with chief mech at cka kb to see wat we can do to improve the bike....

Well, thanks for all e updates bros. I think e 140 top speed is bullshit la, i throttle my GTS to 90 it start to roar n vibrate violently liao. In view of e high price n low power of S3, i may b getting a sym joyride200i intead. Anyway no hurry la cos my road tax expire nxt yr march. Hopefully when u guys finish running in ur S3, e pickup will improve loh. Hope to hear more from u guys again, thanks n happy riding

hahaha dont know about it.... but my rwr has hit a top speed of 149kmph ..... fyi the two bikes are running on the same engine system.....
    16/feb/09 Pass tp
    18/feb/09 sp150
    daelim rwr....... come liao!!!!!!!!!
    awaits S3.....
    S3 is here!!!!!!!!!!
    Daystar is in... (scraped on 13/06/2012)
    Varadero is here:
    Aprilla Sports city 200

KChiong
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It would be great if the bike could be mod to achieve a better pickup. Not so fussy abt top speed as 120 to 125 would suffice. Hope to see more s3 riders

firestation
    is going Bonks
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

specs of the mod i have in mind

(1)achieve better pick up
    (2)better air intake
    (3)better Speed
    (4better out put

It would be great if the bike could be mod to achieve a better pickup. Not so fussy abt top speed as 120 to 125 would suffice. Hope to see more s3 riders
    16/feb/09 Pass tp
    18/feb/09 sp150
    awaits S3.....
    S3 is here!!!!!!!!!!
    Varadero is here:
    Aprilla Sports city 200

kakarow
    Had A Dream.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi bros,

Currectly i'm riding B-bone about moding of bike hmm... please count me in

Wow bro,

moding of scooter ??

Quote Originally Posted by firestation View Post
    specs of the mod i have in mind

(1)achieve better pick up (no problem)
    (2)better air intake (stock is better)
    (3)better Speed (can be done)
    (4better out put (should not have a problem)
    ( Goober Scooter Rider. )

Elton
    u can kiss my aaaasssss
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah man for scooters to achieve 140 on a 125 scooter engine is almost impossible.
    I full modded my X9 evo and can barely touch 140 only. Confirm lies

firestation
    is going Bonks
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

double post
    Last edited by firestation; 22-11-2010 at 12:00 AM. Reason: somehow it double post
    16/feb/09 Pass tp
    18/feb/09 sp150
    awaits S3.....
    S3 is here!!!!!!!!!!
    Varadero is here:
    Aprilla Sports city 200

firestation
    is going Bonks
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Halo Bro, you the men i'm looking for..... hehehehehehe. time to lim kopi with you..... hehehehehe so how's work on your side? quite long no c ur b-bone liao..... when free lim kopi?? needzz to talk to you... hehehehe

Quote Originally Posted by kakarow View Post
    Hi bros,

Currectly i'm riding B-bone about moding of bike hmm... please count me in

Wow bro,

moding of scooter ??
    16/feb/09 Pass tp
    18/feb/09 sp150
    awaits S3.....
    S3 is here!!!!!!!!!!
    Varadero is here:
    Aprilla Sports city 200

firestation
    is going Bonks
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hahaha need to try to break it..... kidding

Quote Originally Posted by Elton View Post
    Yeah man for scooters to achieve 140 on a 125 scooter engine is almost impossible.
    I full modded my X9 evo and can barely touch 140 only. Confirm lies
    16/feb/09 Pass tp
    18/feb/09 sp150
    awaits S3.....
    S3 is here!!!!!!!!!!
    Varadero is here:
    Aprilla Sports city 200

firestation
    is going Bonks
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wah this thread is really dead.........
    16/feb/09 Pass tp
    18/feb/09 sp150
    awaits S3.....
    S3 is here!!!!!!!!!!
    Varadero is here:
    Aprilla Sports city 200

scooteria
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi guys,

This scooter really caught my attention at first impression, (I stopped riding for 3yrs liao after buying a car). I was shopping for baby wear and happened to chance upon this S3 that really caught my attention and first impression was good. I think its the first keyless ignition scooter in the world, DOHC is also a plus point for 125cc, and nice build overall. But the pricing was a lil too steep for me then.

After a few sleepless nights, I went back to look for Roy the supervisor who attended me. ****! price increased due to increase of COE! haha.. Well after much discussion, we agreed on the original price and yes, today I am happy with this bike, still running in, about 300+km, seldom ride..

Top speed of 140kmh, hmm.. seriously Ive yet to try. However, im able to do 110kmh at 80% throttle (Im about 70+kg). So, hopefully the bike can do 130kmh after 2 engine oil change. Mileage.. Still running on 1st full tank after taking bike haha, so no comments but so far so good. Big bike, so stability is there. Its just so easy to ride around.

Kchiong, you bot your bike at KB? I agree with the service being tip-top, perhaps they are agent and so its different from outside. Havent been to the outlets as I stay in the east. What color is your bike? any mods yet?

Firestation, what color you buying? I think you will be the first modded S3 here haha..

KChiong
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by scooteria View Post
    Hi guys,

This scooter really caught my attention at first impression, (I stopped riding for 3yrs liao after buying a car). I was shopping for baby wear and happened to chance upon this S3 that really caught my attention and first impression was good. I think its the first keyless ignition scooter in the world, DOHC is also a plus point for 125cc, and nice build overall. But the pricing was a lil too steep for me then.

After a few sleepless nights, I went back to look for Roy the supervisor who attended me. ****! price increased due to increase of COE! haha.. Well after much discussion, we agreed on the original price and yes, today I am happy with this bike, still running in, about 300+km, seldom ride..

Top speed of 140kmh, hmm.. seriously Ive yet to try. However, im able to do 110kmh at 80% throttle (Im about 70+kg). So, hopefully the bike can do 130kmh after 2 engine oil change. Mileage.. Still running on 1st full tank after taking bike haha, so no comments but so far so good. Big bike, so stability is there. Its just so easy to ride around.

Kchiong, you bot your bike at KB? I agree with the service being tip-top, perhaps they are agent and so its different from outside. Havent been to the outlets as I stay in the east. What color is your bike? any mods yet?

Firestation, what color you buying? I think you will be the first modded S3 here haha..
    running in you already try 110. They advise that for the first 3000km, ride below 80. Yes, i bought at KB and black in colour. Wanted to take grey but got to wait so gave up the idea. No mod so far, only cosmetic like changing of handle grip as the stock can be quite slippery once contact with water. After that, i might go to 219 shop to buy some stickers, including white sticker for rim lining. if 80% throttle can hit 110, then i'm satisfied liao, only need to source for ways to improve the pickup.

Btw, for those lazy to wash bike. After servicing at KB, we can proceed to HL cycle to wash at $8/- (no wax) since its round the corner

firestation
    is going Bonks
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hahaha 1st modded... S3 watch TPs inside here hahahahha............. anyway seems like theres gd comment from you over this bike... maybe when i get my bike will jio every1 out for outing......

Hi guys,

16/feb/09 Pass tp
    18/feb/09 sp150
    awaits S3.....
    S3 is here!!!!!!!!!!
    Varadero is here:
    Aprilla Sports city 200

firestation
    is going Bonks
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh yes i might get the black one
    16/feb/09 Pass tp
    18/feb/09 sp150
    awaits S3.....
    S3 is here!!!!!!!!!!
    Varadero is here:
    Aprilla Sports city 200

firestation
    is going Bonks
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

might have to give up the S3 liao.............. seems like my buyer aireoplane me........... ccb
    16/feb/09 Pass tp
    18/feb/09 sp150
    awaits S3.....
    S3 is here!!!!!!!!!!
    Varadero is here:
    Aprilla Sports city 200

firestation
    is going Bonks
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hahaha my buyer come back liao...... haha got S3 liao.... only problem now, i dont know how to ride S3..... haizzzzzzzzzzz eat 6 liao.
    16/feb/09 Pass tp
    18/feb/09 sp150
    awaits S3.....
    S3 is here!!!!!!!!!!
    Varadero is here:
    Aprilla Sports city 200

scooteria
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

running in you already try 110. They advise that for the first 3000km, ride below 80. Yes, i bought at KB and black in colour. Wanted to take grey but got to wait so gave up the idea. No mod so far, only cosmetic like changing of handle grip as the stock can be quite slippery once contact with water. After that, i might go to 219 shop to buy some stickers, including white sticker for rim lining. if 80% throttle can hit 110, then i'm satisfied liao, only need to source for ways to improve the pickup.

Btw, for those lazy to wash bike. After servicing at KB, we can proceed to HL cycle to wash at $8/- (no wax) since its round the corner
    hehe.. Getting to 110kmh gradually wont hurt the internals imo, I could be wrong but 2yrs unlimited mileage warranty on the bike, so fret not. where is 219 shop? sounds like those $1.99 shop..

scooteria
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by firestation View Post
    hahaha my buyer come back liao...... haha got S3 liao.... only problem now, i dont know how to ride S3..... haizzzzzzzzzzz eat 6 liao.
    Congrats!

You don't know how to ride? I did not ride for 3 years before this S3, no problem at all. Just turn the throttle and go lor.. haha. Eh Fire, arent you riding Roadwin R now? You got to be kidding...

KChiong
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hehe.. Getting to 110kmh gradually wont hurt the internals imo, I could be wrong but 2yrs unlimited mileage warranty on the bike, so fret not. where is 219 shop? sounds like those $1.99 shop..
    its located along lavender and they customise decals for bikes, helmet and box. U can see their ads at the advertisers' column

wertdeviruz
    's ScooTourers Club in PROGRESS....
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmmmmm sorry guys....i find S3 is good and no good too.....keyless mechnism....futuristic....but what happens when the whole bike electrical mechanism fails?.....or when a short circuit fails?....u cant even open ur seat compartments....damn risky man....stylo-mylo i upszzz 100%....the prob crops up....i give it a -100%.....key to ignition and seat ejection is still the safe and good old ways to a bike generation....nothings change....cheers!!
    LIVE TO RIDE.........RIDE TO LIVE LONGER.....JOY is BMW

Disaster ride : Piaggio ><8
    Ne><t ride : HONDA CBF150
    Current ride : BMW GTS
    Future ride : HONDA CBF1000

scooteria
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wertdeviruz View Post
    hmmmmm sorry guys....i find S3 is good and no good too.....keyless mechnism....futuristic....but what happens when the whole bike electrical mechanism fails?.....or when a short circuit fails?....u cant even open ur seat compartments....damn risky man....stylo-mylo i upszzz 100%....the prob crops up....i give it a -100%.....key to ignition and seat ejection is still the safe and good old ways to a bike generation....nothings change....cheers!!
    In the event of short circuit, there is a mechanism (pull string) located in the center box compartment, pull and the seat will open.

Yes I do agree with you, I will be frustrated if I couldn't start the bike due to electrical failure. But if I compare to others, in the event of batt flat, faulty rectifier, or fuel pump, the bike could not be started too.

At the pace the trend is going, it is inevitable manufacturers have to innovate to keep up the trend, just a matter of time. For instance, from carb to fuel injection. 2yrs ago, pple are skeptical about fi, look at the situation now, almost all are moving towards fi (more electronics components) due to fuel saving.

Guess end of the day, should anything happen, the manufacturer's job is to rectify and improve on the technologies. Anyway, CKA has parts to replace immediately, so it doesnt bother me at all.

scooteria
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shorty View Post
    Forget abt this bike.too expensive. Get the pcx instead. Or if u willing to spend, get the sym joymax300i.
    The PCX is retailing at around $8000. SOHC 125cc.. 1yr warranty. I seriously dont find S3 being too expensive in that sense. I bought S3 because of many factors and the fact it is unique among the same type of scooters available. DOHC and keyless ignition.

I rather buy Silverwing 400 if I upgrade my license. End of the day, different pple different needs, to each his own.

KChiong
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The PCX is retailing at around $8000. SOHC 125cc.. 1yr warranty. I seriously dont find S3 being too expensive in that sense. I bought S3 because of many factors and the fact it is unique among the same type of scooters available. DOHC and keyless ignition.

I rather buy Silverwing 400 if I upgrade my license. End of the day, different pple different needs, to each his own.
    I second that

shorty
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pcx ard 7.5k or less. N u can easily sell a Honda if u decide to upgrade. For daelim....gonna b a bit more difficult. Anyway if u don't mind the price it's quite a gd bike la. Jus that I jus don see it being more ex than a Honda. But who knows, when the time for u guys to sell it off....I may jus be buying it.hehehe

lostjackal
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I traded my roadwin for an S3 for about a month and a half now and quite frankly other than the sometimes slow pickup, i'm very impressed with the bike. relatively stable at 120 kph and good braking performance. mileage is about 396 km per 11l. Max speed tried was about 125 kph. And its keyless as well ;P
    Recite &#33; In the name of thy Lord and Cherisher, Who created-
    Created man, out of a (mere) clot of congealed blood:
    Recite &#33; And thy Lord is Most Bountiful,-
    He Who taught (the use of) the pen,-
    Taught man that which he knew not.

lostjackal
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I traded my roadwin for an S3 for about a month and a half now and quite frankly other than the sometimes slow pickup, i'm very impressed with the bike. relatively stable at 120 kph and good braking performance. mileage is about 396 km per 11l. Max speed tried was about 125 kph. And its keyless as well ;P
    Recite &#33; In the name of thy Lord and Cherisher, Who created-
    Created man, out of a (mere) clot of congealed blood:
    Recite &#33; And thy Lord is Most Bountiful,-
    He Who taught (the use of) the pen,-
    Taught man that which he knew not.

KChiong
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lostjackal View Post
    Collected my bike more than a week ago. I think the FC will improve after run in. My first full tank lasted 320km, then refilled to full tank. I'm quite surprise after 100km of travel, there isn't a drop in bar on the fuel indicator

just keeping my finger crossed. Either the FC has improved or the fuel indicator is not working. Does that happen to your bike?

scooteria
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pcx ard 7.5k or less. N u can easily sell a Honda if u decide to upgrade. For daelim....gonna b a bit more difficult. Anyway if u don't mind the price it's quite a gd bike la. Jus that I jus don see it being more ex than a Honda. But who knows, when the time for u guys to sell it off....I may jus be buying it.hehehe
    Im not sure whether motorbike owners care about the costs breakdown when they inquire on the bikes. I own a car myself, and I tend to find out the OMV first.

So before I got the S3, I asked CKA about the OMV (which CKA provided me), at $3000 (logcard shows 2995). And I did a rough calculation based on the transparent facts given at One motoring (all the prevailing import taxes, ARF, GST, Reg fees, Tr fees, R/tax, COE @ $1600, IU, 2nd party Insurance) + free accessories (Box, helmet, raincoat, bikecover + 2years unlimited mileage warranty on exhaust, engine etc..).

I personally find that, $8600 with EVERYTHING in, and that works out to be 15-18% (after less the marketing and ops cost) profit margin, and the advanced technologies (keyless, DOHC fuel injection, quality), I find it reasonable imo.

I work in an accounting firm by the way so Im pretty sensitive to numbers

(I hope CKA won't mind me posting this)
    Last edited by scooteria; 27-11-2010 at 05:40 PM.

scooteria
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

N u can easily sell a Honda if u decide to upgrade. For daelim....gonna b a bit more difficult.

I also agree that, Daelim may not be able to have a good trade in price outside. That is because the entire market is flooded with Honda and Yamaha (fast moving). So other than these 2 makes, the rest may not have a good overtrade price neither, imo.

Again.. to each his own. haha. It's a cool bike really. Ok shorty, I'll pm you when I decide to sell in future! haha.

scooteria
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lostjackal View Post
    Wa!! 36KM / LITRE!! And your average speed is 100kmh? More city or highway riding?

scooteria
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Collected my bike more than a week ago. I think the FC will improve after run in. My first full tank lasted 320km, then refilled to full tank. I'm quite surprise after 100km of travel, there isn't a drop in bar on the fuel indicator

just keeping my finger crossed. Either the FC has improved or the fuel indicator is not working. Does that happen to your bike?
    Hmm.. Kchiong.. My first servicing is coming.. I share the same sentiments, hopefully the FC will get even better!

sym7
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was quote by mah motor for 8.4k for sym joyride evo200i OTR today, I think their prices is not reliable as they keep changing price. Can any1 recommend any other shops other than mah that sell joyride? Bro Kchiong, when did they quote u 7.4k for it? cannot be so much difference of 1k for a few months le.

KChiong
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was quote by mah motor for 8.4k for sym joyride evo200i OTR today, I think their prices is not reliable as they keep changing price. Can any1 recommend any other shops other than mah that sell joyride? Bro Kchiong, when did they quote u 7.4k for it? cannot be so much difference of 1k for a few months le.
    Between 1 Nov to 12 Nov (cant remember the exact dates) i went to Heng Motor at Toh Guan, Leong Seng @ Alexander and MAh motor before placing my order at CKA for S3. Heng motor quoted me 8k, Mah and Leong Seng quoted me around 7.4k. I agree that there shoudnt be much variation on the price. Even the increase in coe does not justify the 1k difference and moreover most shops have leftover coe from past months. So far i asked twice at Leong seng motor and the price is always ard 7.4 to 7.5k, i suggest you ask them. Gd luck

shorty
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scooteria...for calculation using OMv n all, for cars is ok. But for bike I tink not much use. Cos when of the day, when selling, u will need to follow market. For bikes other than jape brands, gonna b a bit more diff. Don get me wrong, I own a sym...so rest assured I'm not a brand supporter. Anyway...if u like it, y not, right? I liked the s3 when I saw it in the mags. But got turned off by the price n also the looks in real life. But u guys r enjoying nice tech n gd fc....so....it's money well spent.

Nowadays more n more pol riding auto scoots. N brands like daelim n sym r garnering more market share. Gd for us who wants to break away from the norm of owning Honda or yamaha.

raden
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not worth buying this scooter...

scooteria
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scooteria...for calculation using OMv n all, for cars is ok. But for bike I tink not much use. Cos when of the day, when selling, u will need to follow market. For bikes other than jape brands, gonna b a bit more diff. Don get me wrong, I own a sym...so rest assured I'm not a brand supporter. Anyway...if u like it, y not, right? I liked the s3 when I saw it in the mags. But got turned off by the price n also the looks in real life. But u guys r enjoying nice tech n gd fc....so....it's money well spent.

Nowadays more n more pol riding auto scoots. N brands like daelim n sym r garnering more market share. Gd for us who wants to break away from the norm of owning Honda or yamaha.
    Hi Shorty, yup I agree. I'm just sharing with you guys the breakdown, that the price (which many claimed costly) is not a rip off.

Kchiong, care to share why you chose S3 over GTS200 when the latter is cheaper? Is GTS200 172cc sohc still?
    Last edited by scooteria; 28-11-2010 at 05:23 PM.

adair69
    adair69
    has no status.
    Edit

Well, 1st service completed and the bike is really much looser. The difference a decent flush of good oil does is always quite a surprise.

The service from CKA is as always faultless, and the people with Daelims are some of the most sociable people I've met, and just short of an hour seemed like 10 minutes due to some great conversations about the pro's and cons of riding in Singapore.

Anyway, as to the bike....

I still think the gear box has a lot to answer for with regards to the kind of revs you expect at certain speeds and accelerating, that said; the pick up has been much smoother and if you were driving a car you'd say it had good mid range delivery (not punch), and a wide power band. But as with most DOHC its all very easily delivered. It'll never be a sprinter, but it's no slouch either.... as for the 140km mmm I'm still thinking that 130 is in the realms of possible (not on the stock rubber however) I have really not had to pull too hard on the throttle to get smoothly to 100.

The handling is as I think we've all found very stable, and I think can only improve with some good rubber fitted. At 100 I would say that the aerodynamics remind me this is a big beast with quite a heavy (blunt) front end. I have been told that in Europe & UK where they have an urban and sport (some styling differences) that the fairing is a longer version than the stock one here. The Sport version in the UK has a similar screen to ours, but it has 13" on front and rear unlike the Urban which is 14" on the front.
    The S3 Singapore seems to be a mainly "urban" model, but with a sport screen? I wonder if this will mean an optional longer screen in the future. It would make a big difference for me, as I think the current screen places the wind pretty much on the top of my helmet. I'll ask next time I'm at CKA.
    One thing I have done, which on talking to people at CKA is not common is put the 98 ron in the tank. My reason for this is that this is a Japanese inspired engine and as with most fuel injected vehicles the ECU will be "adaptive" i.e. it will run leaner on lower grades and richer on higher. Japanese ron levels are as standard higher than most countries.

Modern ECU's are in the most pretty smart, however I have to say I cannot substantiate this with the daelim as I can find very little on the ECU in the bike... can someone shed light? This may be a reason why the bike seems to have an exceptionally smooth feel to its running?

I will continue with this, and will see what the fuel economy is like too as I have found the extra ron can (not always) provide better km/l depends on how you ride as well I think 1000+ would be a reasonable distance to get a good read on the km/l.

One question for those S3 owners.... how do you find the balance of the bike as you creep to a stop/slowly take off? I find it better with a bit more weight (full tank of fuel) I'm around 68kg so may be due to my skinny body

sym7
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Between 1 Nov to 12 Nov (cant remember the exact dates) i went to Heng Motor at Toh Guan, Leong Seng @ Alexander and MAh motor before placing my order at CKA for S3. Heng motor quoted me 8k, Mah and Leong Seng quoted me around 7.4k. I agree that there shoudnt be much variation on the price. Even the increase in coe does not justify the 1k difference and moreover most shops have leftover coe from past months. So far i asked twice at Leong seng motor and the price is always ard 7.4 to 7.5k, i suggest you ask them. Gd luck
    ok thanks, btw can u post e address n phone no for leong seng motor so i can check with them. How's ur S3 doing? will like to hear more beside e slow pickup. Can e underseat storage fit a full face helmet? Thanks n regards bro.

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast