nomad_mcv
    -- Riding an FZ16 --
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice work there. and yea SP is better in terms of you able to select what areas u want to practice in. There will be instructors stationed there too so they too would be able to assist you and give you tips or check up on your technique

Veil
    is enjoying his Honda Steed
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@nomad_mcv: Thks! Hope my 2B journey can be used as a rough guide for future learners.

Yes, SP is better! I might be "qualified" to ride independently on the circuit but i kept remindin myslf tat i stil got areas to improve. Wat u said is true. The same instructor for my 3.02 gave me some more tips during my e-brakes. Bonus!
    Last edited by Veil; 16-03-2011 at 01:20 PM.

Veil
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2nd Self Practice(100mins): $12.20(Off-peak) DONE!
    5.10pm. During my 1.01, a young malay girl n a cheerful chinese uncle were beside me n we've clicked since then. Yes, my true first friends at bbdc. We booked lessons together, smoked together, makan together n joked together. Its good friendship. Today, they r repeating 2.01 for their 3rd time. Prior to tat, they had some problem struggling at 1.02(4 times) n 1.03(4 times). Can c tat they r feelin dejected n on the verge of givin up. Other encouragement, i booked tis same session SP so tat i can ride beside them n give them my support. *Sadly, both failed their 3rd repeat of 2.01...

3rd Self Practice(100mins): $14.34(Peak) DONE!
    9.10pm. Tis uncle i met at bbdc is a hardcore. Took his first 2.01 ytd, failed. 2nd time at 1.20pm today, failed. 3rd time at 3.10pm, failed. He was sure tat he can nail it on the 4th so he booked a 2.01 at 9.10pm. Since i'm there, i quickly join him as a SP. In the end, he stil can't meet the requirements n hav to come back for the 5th time... I advised him not to tink of givin up. If he give up now, all the money n effort spent wil b wasted. Juz tahan abit more.

Enrolment Fee: $47.08
    Basic Theory Lessons: $8.03 x 2 = $16.06(Exempted)
    Riding Theory Lessons: $8.03 x 2 = $16.06(Exempted)

Riding Theory Practices: $10.70
    Riding Theory Evaluation: $5.35
    Riding Theory Test: $6.00

Circuit Practicals: $258.32
    Circuit Revisions: $91.60
    Self Practices: $40.88
    Last edited by Veil; 25-02-2011 at 04:33 PM.

kllee
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Veil: You're a good man to encourage the uncle and girl to persevere. I know how they must be feeling: I've had to repeat almost every module since 1.01, and took 6 attempts to pass 3.01. There's been many occasions when I felt like giving up because of the frustration and wondering maybe because I'm just not good enough to ride. I don't mind repeating until I'm competent, but sarcasm from some of the instructors can be very demoralising. Plus seeing everyone breeze through the modules made me doubt myself even more. Thankfully, I've been pushing myself to continue because I really want to learn how to ride, and passing the last 2 modules at my first attempt has made me more confident of myself.

Keep mentoring the other learner riders! The place will definitely be a better place with people like you!

Veil
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@kllee: Sad to say, my help is very much limited. In the circuit, i can always ride beside them but when it comes to the emotions inside them, they reali muz conquer it alone.

I kept tellin them Sg got so many P-plates, youngsters a lot, uncles n aunties even more. Soon, we wil b one of them so nv giv up.

When is ur next prac? Mayb u n ur wife can meet us up at bbdc.
    Last edited by Veil; 16-03-2011 at 01:24 PM.

kllee
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Veil View Post
    Sad to say, my help is very much limited. In the circuit, i can always ride beside them but when it comes to the emotions inside them, they reali muz conquer it alone.

I kept tellin them Sg got so many P-plates, youngsters a lot, uncles n aunties even more. Soon, we wil b one of them so nv giv up.

When is ur next prac? Mayb u n ur wife can meet us up at bbdc.
    Yeah, you're exactly right about controlling their emotions. I had all the best advice, I know what I should do, but when I got on the plank, I just got so nervous, stared down at the plank, wobbled, and fell off the plank. Took me a long time before I started looking far and as a result, became more stable. It's the same thing for my wife right now at 3.1, she knows what to do, but when she gets on the plank, she gets super nervous. Her slow speed control is good, but she's just freaked out on the plank, and the brain stops working. Although you feel that your help is limited, it's always nice to have someone encouraging, so you've done well there.

My next practice is tonight, 4.2... 9.10pm.. Zzz... but no choice, I can't make it any other time because I've gotta work till 530pm. Wife's taking a break cos she doesn't want to go home for CNY with all the big bruises (she's fallen quite a few times on the plank).

Veil
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kllee View Post
    Yeah, you're exactly right about controlling their emotions. I had all the best advice, I know what I should do, but when I got on the plank, I just got so nervous, stared down at the plank, wobbled, and fell off the plank. Took me a long time before I started looking far and as a result, became more stable. It's the same thing for my wife right now at 3.1, she knows what to do, but when she gets on the plank, she gets super nervous. Her slow speed control is good, but she's just freaked out on the plank, and the brain stops working. Although you feel that your help is limited, it's always nice to have someone encouraging, so you've done well there.

My next practice is tonight, 4.2... 9.10pm.. Zzz... but no choice, I can't make it any other time because I've gotta work till 530pm. Wife's taking a break cos she doesn't want to go home for CNY with all the big bruises (she's fallen quite a few times on the plank).
    Malay girl goin to retake her 2.01 tonite at 7.20pm. Tat uncle can't book any slot today but we wil go down to bbdc ard 6pm to cheer for her.

Pm me if u wan to meet up.
    Last edited by Veil; 11-02-2011 at 12:32 AM.

kllee
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll be there at only about 9pm, but if I see a Malay girl with an uncle and a young man, I'll yell out "VEIL!!!!"! I'll be wearing the white tee that they sell at BBDC and with a black helmet. Haha! Seriously though, wish her good luck for me, and that I know how she feels.

kllee
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Veil, great to see you at BBDC! Anyway, my old friend, the plank, got the better of me today. I'm a horribly slow starter, and out of the 4 attempts, I missed the plank twice, the third time I fell off, and succeeded only at the last attempt, but it was enough for me to fail. Sigh! Thinking back, I think I was staring at the start of the plank rather than looking at the middle when I was going to mount.

Veil
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Veil, great to see you at BBDC! Anyway, my old friend, the plank, got the better of me today. I'm a horribly slow starter, and out of the 4 attempts, I missed the plank twice, the third time I fell off, and succeeded only at the last attempt, but it was enough for me to fail. Sigh! Thinking back, I think I was staring at the start of the plank rather than looking at the middle when I was going to mount.
    Nice meetin u too! On ur next prac, use the good old pee-ing whistle. U wil find tat it gives u a timed rhythm to follow. No harm, can try.

Staring at Mr Plank is like staring at an angry dog. The more u stare, the more it wants to pull u down. No eye contact. Simply act bochap towards it.

I goin for a SP on Wed 19th Jan. Either the 5.10pm or 7.20pm slot. Text me if u can make it for either session.

kllee
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll be going for RTT practice and evaluation today, after hearing your story of waiting 1.5 months for RTT.

Haha! Nice comparison, plank and angry dog. Sigh... I'm working late on Thursday and then out of the country till Sunday, so my next lesson will be next Tuesday again. Will try looking further up the plank to aim next time. Pillion riding was crazy for the first part! I think 50% more throttle wasn't enough for me and my pillion! Hahaha! The guy asked me, "Sorry man, but what's your weight?". I replied "80" and he was like "I'm f@#@^!". Hahaha! It was good fun though, took your advice and talked cock with the guy, laughed, and encouraging each other. Even had an incident when I was the pillion and a class 3 learner exited without checking if it was clear and cut right across our path. Think she didn't even realised we were there cos her eyes were staring straight ahead. Either that or she was too embarassed to look at us. Haha!

Veil
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll be going for RTT practice and evaluation today, after hearing your story of waiting 1.5 months for RTT.

Haha! Nice comparison, plank and angry dog. Sigh... I'm working late on Thursday and then out of the country till Sunday, so my next lesson will be next Tuesday again. Will try looking further up the plank to aim next time. Pillion riding was crazy for the first part! I think 50% more throttle wasn't enough for me and my pillion! Hahaha! The guy asked me, "Sorry man, but what's your weight?". I replied "80" and he was like "I'm f@#@^!". Hahaha! It was good fun though, took your advice and talked cock with the guy, laughed, and encouraging each other. Even had an incident when I was the pillion and a class 3 learner exited without checking if it was clear and cut right across our path. Think she didn't even realised we were there cos her eyes were staring straight ahead. Either that or she was too embarassed to look at us. Haha!
    Hahaha! U certainly had good pillion fun! Dun wori abt any car-bike accident in circuit. At bbdc, ntuc income covers us. So feel free to let any car "bang" u. Next "fall off" bike gracefully. Hold onto ur "painfully injured" part. Roll on the spot, cry like a wussy. Show them some serious wayang. Then claim the hell out of it. Aft tat, go drk n celebrate.

Tat uncle goin for his 5th 2.01 at 7.20pm today. I joinin him as a SP. C u there!

Good luck for ur RTE!
    Last edited by Veil; 19-01-2011 at 12:44 PM.

Weddings
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

going 3.01 later for the first time. Any tips other then looking far for plank and PS?

kllee
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ Veil: Haha! Should've told me earlier about the wayang! RTE.. just wanna take and see what it's like so that I can prepare for the next one if I fail.

@ Weddings: Slow speed control is vital, ie. half clutch control like in 1.03. Slalom.. it's where you look at well. Never look down at the kerbs cos that's where you'll end up. Look 2 cones ahead, and depending on which instructor you get, don't turn your throttle on and off, maintain it and use your foot brake instead. Have fun!

kllee
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Passed my RT Evaluation by the skin of my teeth, 94% (90% is the passing mark)! Ran down to book my RTT and the earliest date is 5 March!

Vashie
    rides a problematic phantom
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Good luck to you guys taking 2B!
    Some may be fast, some may be slow.
    Some get 6 points for TP, some get 18 points.
    But in the end, we all will still ride on the same road! Just don't give up learning, 2B will be yours sooner or later!
    Ride safe!

Coming end March/ start April it's time for me to revisit BBDC again for 2A...riding outside for so long I found myself losing the skills for the circuit courses...hope things goes smoothly for me then also.

Class 2B - 29th March 2010 [30th April 2010 - Phantom]
    Class 3 - 4th June 2008

Veil
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Weddings View Post
    going 3.01 later for the first time. Any tips other then looking far for plank and PS?
    Sori for the late reply as i was out the whole day. So did u managed to pass?

Veil
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Passed my RT Evaluation by the skin of my teeth, 94% (90% is the passing mark)! Ran down to book my RTT and the earliest date is 5 March!
    Dun wry lah. U stil gt chance to execute "Project Wayang" coz 5.01 gt pillion riding.

94% for ur RTE was kinda risky, man. Not much margin for error. But its stil a pass, so CONGRATS!

Wah piang! 5th March is liked 1.5 mth away! N its ur turn to wait, wait, wait, wait, wait.....
    Last edited by Veil; 20-01-2011 at 12:50 AM.

Veil
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vashie View Post
    Good luck to you guys taking 2B!
    Some may be fast, some may be slow.
    Some get 6 points for TP, some get 18 points.
    But in the end, we all will still ride on the same road! Just don't give up learning, 2B will be yours sooner or later!
    Ride safe!

Coming end March/ start April it's time for me to revisit BBDC again for 2A...riding outside for so long I found myself losing the skills for the circuit courses...hope things goes smoothly for me then also.
    Cya on the rd soon!

Aiyah, ur circuit skills may rust abit but its ez for u to pick up again. Wan some free circuit revision? Juz go sit at bbdc canteen lor.
    Last edited by Veil; 20-01-2011 at 12:42 AM.

Weddings
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Failed my 3.01. Plank was ok, for PS I nv see far so almost hit the cone!

Veil
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Failed my 3.01. Plank was ok, for PS I nv see far so almost hit the cone!
    Sori to hear tat. Did u failed due to timings? For PS, i suggest u focus at the last cone. Ur peripheral vision wil auto take care of the nearer cones. B absolutely fearless when it comes to swinging ur handlebar n lean angles. Once u decided to turn/lean, juz do it. Pylon slalom(3.01), E-brake(3.02) n "S" course(4.01) is where u can push to ur reflexes n decisiveness to the max.
    Last edited by Veil; 20-01-2011 at 02:01 PM.

Veil
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Update: 19th January 2011

4th Self Practice(100mins): $14.34(Peak) DONE!
    7.20pm. Again, tis SP was booked to support tat uncle takin his 2.01. A lot went thru my mind as i rode around the circuit today. I thought abt all my initial n current mistakes. Then i asked myslf, m i nw able to forecast n rectify any impending mistake? Time wil tell... Its beneficient watchin other learners in their early stages. Compared to riding alone, i actuali gained much more when im behind them observing hw those mistakes were made. I try replicating their mistakes, feel the effects n test hw i react against/towards them. Unexpectedly, tis experiment evolved my skills. Can't say tat im better as a result but it made me realised tat riding is, indeed, dynamic. Even with numerous exposures/experiences under the belt, one still can't proclaim to hav reach the epitome.

*Uncle passed his 2.01! The joy on his face? Priceless!

Ciruit Practicals: $258.32
    Self Practices: $55.22
    Last edited by Veil; 25-02-2011 at 04:34 PM.

Weddings
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

passed my 3.01 today! E brake next can't wait when is your next sp?

Veil
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

passed my 3.01 today! E brake next can't wait when is your next sp?
    Nice! I can SP anytime so mayb we can book a same session tgt.

Fried Rice
    is running out of time
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SP is fun man. own time own target. shiok ah.

u should go more often, haha

oh and congratulations, seems like u are getting closer and closer to your tp

good luck!

Veil
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fried Rice View Post
    SP is fun man. own time own target. shiok ah.

u should go more often, haha

oh and congratulations, seems like u are getting closer and closer to your tp

good luck!
    More SP sounds gd but my 2B budget($700+) confirmed burst if i go everyday. U mind sponsoring some free sessions? I thk u in advance. Hahaha!

Seriously, im looking forward to my Tp date once i pass my RTT on 10 Feb. Waited until my saliva almost dripped dry liao... Hopefully everyting can wrap up before Mar.

Fried Rice
    is running out of time
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More SP sounds gd but my 2B budget($700+) confirmed burst if i go everyday. U mind sponsoring some free sessions? I thk u in advance. Hahaha!

Seriously, im looking forward to my Tp date once i pass my RTT on 10 Feb. Waited until my saliva almost dripped dry liao... Hopefully everyting can wrap up before Mar.
    is ur wife getting the same tp date as you?

Veil
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fried Rice View Post
    is ur wife getting the same tp date as you?
    Huh? Wat wife? Hahaha! Wrong person liao.

Weddings
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Passed my 4.01 today going 4.02 slot later at 9.10pm. Realized 4.02 slot all quite late de.

Veil
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Passed my 4.01 today going 4.02 slot later at 9.10pm. Realized 4.02 slot all quite late de.
    Way to go! Go attack all the stages since u r nw in good form!

4.02 very relax one lah. A few rounds of test route orientation followed by pillion riding. Nothing much to worry here. Except for the weather. The rain is on and off today.

Weddings
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha yea hope my partner not heavy. Dun think it's gonna rain. Will update you my progress!

Weddings
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea! Passed my 4.02. Heard 5.01 gonna pillion someone on s and crank course omg haha.

Veil
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea! Passed my 4.02. Heard 5.01 gonna pillion someone on s and crank course omg haha.
    Bro, u r in the zone!

5.01 consists of 2 parts. Part 1, u hav to ride thru the circuit with not more than 20pts. Part 2, is the pillion riding. Dosen't matter wat course as long as u gif more throttle to move n more foot brake to stop. Unless Bigfoot happens to b ur pillion...

I goin for SP on 27 Jan Thur, Session 6(1710). We can meet up if u plan to take ur 5.01 on tat day.

Veil
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nomad_mcv View Post
    nice work there. and yea SP is better in terms of you able to select what areas u want to practice in. There will be instructors stationed there too so they too would be able to assist you and give you tips or check up on your technique
    Bro, when is ur FZ16 out? I like to hear a real life description abt it. Share abit more lei.

Ryan_wj
    New to bike
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey everyone! Omg I missed out quite alot from this forum. Guess why? I didn't relise there's page 2 until today -.- LOL!
    Anw, I totally understand how it feel like to keep failing! >< I have to try at least twice to pass each session! Was quite demoralized etc but I'll not give up (: Only at my 3.01 now though, failed my first try last night. Had my first fall from the bike too! >< Gonna try again this friday! (: Hope i'll do better! More confident now compared to starting of the lesson last night though.
    Jiayou everyone! Dont give up (:

Veil
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_wj View Post
    Hey everyone! Omg I missed out quite alot from this forum. Guess why? I didn't relise there's page 2 until today -.- LOL!
    Anw, I totally understand how it feel like to keep failing! >< I have to try at least twice to pass each session! Was quite demoralized etc but I'll not give up (: Only at my 3.01 now though, failed my first try last night. Had my first fall from the bike too! >< Gonna try again this friday! (: Hope i'll do better! More confident now compared to starting of the lesson last night though.
    Jiayou everyone! Dont give up (:
    Welcome back! Tats the spirit! Dun give up! Care to share wat went thru ur mind before, durin n after ur 3.01? It wil be a good source of reference for others.

Weddings
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bro passed my 5.01! I am going for my 5.02 tml. Either 11.30 or 15.20 there is no 17.10 slot tho.

Veil
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bro passed my 5.01! I am going for my 5.02 tml. Either 11.30 or 15.20 there is no 17.10 slot tho.
    Power man! Dun wait liao! Take the earliest slot! Rain or not, juz get over wif it.

Ryan_wj
    New to bike
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome back! Tats the spirit! Dun give up! Care to share wat went thru ur mind before, durin n after ur 3.01? It wil be a good source of reference for others.
    Hey there! Alright I'll share! For 3.01, I was more nervous than usual because its the narrow plank n pylon slalom! I am quite weak in controlling and balancing all along, plus i always fail during my first try, so kinda expected that I will fail that try =x (Okay i know thats a very negative mindset! Should stay positive!) I was quite scared that I will fall during the pylon slalom before the lesson cause it looks quite scary when you see people turning so fast!

Anyway, after the warm up round the circuit, its time for the real thing! I was super nervous that I can feel my hand shivering -.- Once my bike got up the narrow plank, I totally blank out! My shivering hand result in I cant maintaining a steady throttle. Think I went too slow and bike wobble and drop down the plank! I totally stun and panic and totally no time to react, my first reaction was put down my left leg! I didnt even turn off the throttle and apply break! As a result, I fell from the bike =\ Lesson learnt: Don't panic even if you drop off the plank, just carry on and move off. Can always try again the next round! Panic = worse. End up got cut on my ankle =.=

Good thing I got my fav instructor that day! He is very patient and nice. Unlike some instructor with attitude problem and make sarcastic remarks. He keep reminding me to look further ahead, and to control speed when on plank. Go up a little fast, use foot brake to slow down, release abit more clutch to speed up etc, and turn handle bar to move left or right when bike turns. After afew rounds kinda master it, but still need more practice!

Next the problem is pylon slalom! The one i fear most right from the start. I either hit the cone down or touch the cone lol! And my timing was more than 6 seconds, too slow. I am quite a timid person so I didn't really dare to go too fast when turning. But i guess this lesson is to push your limits and be more daring! Just do it! After trying to be a little more daring to turn more and go faster, I realise actually its not that scary! The irritating is I think I kept going to near the cone and the back of my bike touch the cone when turning.

All in all, I felt more confident at the end of the lesson but because I failed more than I sucessfully clear the 2 items, I needa repeat 3.01 again >< Nonetheless, be positive and dont give up, cause practice makes perfect! (: Just stay calm and alert and be more daring when doing pylon slalom.

Weddings
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

passed my 5.02!! gonna wait for my RTT this sat then time to book for my TP! Good luck ryan for your next prac=]

Ryan_wj
    New to bike
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

passed my 5.02!! gonna wait for my RTT this sat then time to book for my TP! Good luck ryan for your next prac=]
    Hey thanks! Haha I passed my 3.01 before cny and decided to take a break in case i fall again just before cny haha. Gonna continue w my practical soon! But can't book any suitable slots >< Sigh.

Oh yah wanna ask isit a must to take 3 riding theory practices before taking 1 evaluation and then the final riding theory test? We don't need take Basic theory test for class 2B right? Kinda confuse x.X

Veil
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bro, hws ur progress liao? My long awaiting RTT is tml. At last...

Hypocrites.Poseurs.Liars
    don't even have a
    Class 2B Hypocrites.Poseurs.Liars's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ryan.
    your 1st time plank not so bad la.
    my friend first try jiu cheng, didnt even make it up the plank

Veil
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Update: 23rd, 27th, 29th January 2011

5th Self Practice(100mins): $14.34(Peak) DONE!
    1.20pm. Backside suddenly very itching to ride bike! Went back for a round of SP to satisfy the urge. Glad to see tat uncle passed his 2.02 tis day.

6th Self Practice(100mins): $12.20(Off-peak) DONE!
    5.10pm. Super bored at hm... The wait for RTT is killing me... Nothing to do, can't book next prac yet so i can oni book tis.

7th Self Practice(100mins): $14.34(Peak) DONE!
    9.20am. Tat uncle taking his 1st 3.01 today. Tats such a great excuse for me to go riding as a SP. He failed again... Hurt his right shin coz the whole bike tipped over when he attempted to mount the plank after dropping off it.

Self Practices: $96.10
    Last edited by Veil; 25-02-2011 at 04:34 PM.

Veil
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Update: 10th February 2011

Riding Theory Practice(45mins): $2.14 x 2 = $4.28 DONE!
    2.15pm/3.20pm/5.10pm/6.05pm. I booked 2 extra RTP today. Which means tat i'm doing 4 practice sessions including the previous 2 tat i've booked on 24th Dec. Hahaha! Yes, i'm a kiasu. And i wan to pass! Scored between 97-99% for the first 2 sessions. The score was increased to 99-100% for the next 2. Ready for the RTT!

Riding Theory Test(50mins) PASSED!
    8pm. Took me 15mins to ans the 50 ques. Got 49 right out of the 50. Wondered which ans was wrong... But nvm tat. The graphics and animation was much more better than those i've seen during the RTPs. Having said tat, i'm now very sick of tapping LCD screens. No more pls! Puke!

Riding Theory Practices: $14.98

Self Practices: $96.10
    Last edited by Veil; 25-02-2011 at 04:35 PM.

Veil
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Update: 11th February 2011

Provisional Driving Licence(PDL): $25(By Nets or Cashcard only) HELD!
    12pm-1pm. A happy day. Submitted my RTT result slip/5.02 checklist for endorsement at level 1. Filled up the PDL application form at level 2 and after queueing for 40+ mins... The sweet piece of paper is in my hands! Last step, went back to level 1 again to update the PDL status into bbdc system.

Traffic Police Practical Test(TP): $36.05 BOOKED!
    Yeah! My TP test date is on Wed 23rd February 2011! Tats fast! I can't believe its 12 days from today! I hav abt 1 week of allowance to clear my remaining 6.01, 7.01, 8.01 n PPL 1.01-1.03 before spending the rest of my time on SPs/RR. Its getting closer! Very close! Closersssssssss!

8th Self Practice(100mins): $14.34(Peak) DONE!
    7.20pm. I treat tis session as both a refresher cum celebration since my last SP was abt 2 weeks ago n i've booked my TP today. Hmm, abit rusty liao but stil manageable. Didn't realised tat i was grinning away until i saw my reflection thru the right mirror. Sorry lah. Can't helped it lah. The feeling is similar to puppy love. Ohhh..... My love....

Self Practices: $110.44

Provisional Driving Licence: $25
    Traffic Police Practical Test: $36.05

Veil
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Update: 12th February 2011

Defensive Riding Theory 1.01(100mins): $8.03 DONE!
    7.30am. Also known as PPL. I duno hw the acronym was derived but it sounds abit corny to me. A few bike accident clips was shown n discussed. Instructor oso teaches us hw to identify, forecast, recognize, react towards hazards. Message: It pays to always ride with a defensive attitude.

Defensive Riding Theory 1.02(100mins): $8.03 DONE!
    9.20am. Tis lesson focus more on a rider's reaction time n ability to see a hazard beforehand. And the riding simulator was fun! I was asked to "ride" fast thru bends w/o doing any braking. I started off attacking at speed of 50 then 60, 80 n 100km/h! Lastly at 110km/h, i lost it to centrifuge.

Defensive Riding Theory: $16.06

Ryan_wj
    New to bike
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Duno y my 3.02 entry was deleted...
    Oh man I was looking for it just now! Taking my 3.02 tmr ><

Veil
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_wj View Post
    Oh man I was looking for it just now! Taking my 3.02 tmr ><
    So sori. I wil repost it. Hws ur 3.02 then?

Veil
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Update: 13th February 2011

Defensive Riding Theory 1.03(100mins): $8.03 DONE!
    11.30am. Today touches more on a rider's attitude, his riding attire n his handling of a unfamilar bike. It wants us to stay calm if another rider provoke or challenge for a race. A potential accident could be waiting n definitely not worth at all. A proper helmet, gloves n jeans are the minimum gear to be in. I can picture the injuries if i crash at 50km/h wearing slippers, bermuda n improper helmet. Tips n advices from the previous 2 lessons were revised. Reali helpful stuffs here.

Defensive Riding Theory: $24.09

Last edited by Veil; 25-02-2011 at 04:36 PM.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast