User Tag List

Thread: Proper Maintenance of your gear. (Cleaning, repairs and waterproofing)

cyben76
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Proper Maintenance of your gear. (Cleaning, repairs and waterproofing)

Many of us here in wet wet Singapore own a Raincoat, Bike Cover, Riding Jacket, pants, etc...

Many of us noticed that after a few months, no matter how expensive our gear are. No matter how waterproof the manufacturer claims are, it will finally leak, tear and get dirty.

I decided to write a guide on how to properly maintain your gear to extend the life of it. Whether its a $25 bike cover from Ah Boy, SAF Goretex raincoat, RS Taichi Raincoat, boots etc...

This guide is from my own experience with products availabe in Singapore, most of the product can last me a year or more if used sparingly. I'll start from bottom up. Where to get all the products stated here will be stated at the bottom of the thread. Refer to the links of the manufacturer website on proper usage.

Waterproof Boots/Shoes

Cleaning
    Proper cleaning extends the life of your waterproof leather or fabric footwear. Most of us either totally don't clean or clean them wrongly.

Never wash leather! Meaning don't soak them it water, it will damage leather. Don't wash with detergent/soap, unless it is meant for delicate fabric. Detergent/soap based product will dry out the leather and/or damage the waterproof material eg, Goretex.

Product i recommend for cleaning footwear:
    1. Nikwax Footwear cleaning Gel - $12.50
    2. Lexol Leather Cleaner - $29.00

Tip:
    When using the Nikwax Footwear Cleaning Gel, be gentle cos the blue part of the sponge on the applicator comes off easily. But if it comes of just use the white part to spread then use soft brush to brush it in.

Maintain:
    After cleaning it's best to re-waterproof your footwear. For leather you must recondition the leather. It not it starts drying out and cracking, causing water to seep in. Never ever dry leather under the sun. If your leather gear gets wet, dry them in the shade, can use a fan to blow on it but never put excess heat it wil damage your leather. For leather gloves, wear it on your hand and use a dry towel to gently squeeze out excess water. Then lay it on a dry towel to air dry.

Products i recommed for maintenance/waterproofing:
    1. Nikwax Conditioner for Leather - $12.50
    2. 303 Product High Tech Fabric Guard - $25
    3. Nikwax Fabric & Leather Proof - $12.50
    4. Nikwax Aqueous Wax - $14.50 (For Black Leather)

Tip:
    When using 303 Product, make sure you do it outdoors! Best is do it on a sunny day. Spray on evenly all over then dry it under the Hot sun. Once dry just hang it in the shade. Make sure if your jacket has Vinyl part, cover it with masking tape.

Repairs:

Sooner or later your footwear will tear or soles will come loose. I use ShoeGoo for any of my footwear repairs. For sole that wear unevenly, i coat the sole with a few layers of Shoe Goo and let it dry overnight. Small holes can also be covered up with Shoe Goo, soles coming apart also use SHoe Goo..

Tip on using Shoe Goo:
    To spread Shoe Goo evenly use Ice.. Yes ice! It's alot easier to spread with ice, squeeze a some SHoe Goo on your sole/hole, take a piece of ice and spread the Shoe Goo thinly. You can also use a wet ice cream stick, as long as it's wet shoe goo won't stick to it. This stuff really sticky. Don't use ice if you using Shoe Goo to join two surface together, just use a plastic spoon or something.

After you done using clean the tip of the tube, then put a thin layer of Vaseline Petroleum Jelly or grease around the mouth of tube and tighly close the cap. The Vaseline is to prevent the cap from sticking, if it sticks it's almost impossible to open the cap.

Alternative to Shoe Goo is Amazing Goop, same manufacturer but for different applications. I use Amazing Goop Sports and Outdoors if i can't find She Goo.

Tip:
    Most leaks on footwear will occur at the seams. You can use Seam Sealer to stop leaks. Another place where leaks often occur is between the soles and shoe. You can also use Seam Sealer or Shoe Goo to seal thoese areas. Sometimes leaks occur from worn soles, for this use Shoe Goo to patch the sole. If shoes are too worn out, best replace it.

Leather or Fabric Raingear/Jackets/Pants

When you first purchase your Raingear take a look at the seams, seams is where they stitch the material together. Most of the seams are sealed from inside cos it looks better.
    Example pic of sealed seam on inside:

What i normally do it Seam seal the outside of the seam for extra waterproofing. For that i use McNett range of seam sealer.

Products i recommend to seal seams:

1. Seam Grip® Seam Sealer & Outdoor Repair - I forgot the price
    2. Seam Sure™ Water Based Seam Sealer - $14 One bottle enough for my rain pants, bike cover and raincoat

After sealing the seams, normally i spray 303 Product High Tech Fabric Guard. It works on any material accept Vinyl. I spray 303 to enhance the waterproof and stain repellent. You guys know how hard it is to remove road grime from light colored riding gear. So 303 Product High Tech Fabric Guard prevents the road dirt from sticking.

Tip:
    I prefer using Seam Sure™ Water Based Seam Sealer, it water based easier to handle. It's odourless and flexible. It cures faster 2hrs, but fully cures about the same. It's more value for money cos one bottle enough to seal all my gear. After using Seam Sure immediately wash the tip, unscrew tip from bottle, wash with soap and water. Some of it will get stuck on the applicator brush tip, use an old toothbrush and brush it all out. Check that the holes are clear also before storing. If you don't do this, the brush will become very stiff, once stiff you have to use thinner to loosen.

Cleaning:

For Washing/Cleaning non leather riding gear. It all depends if i can machine wash it or not. If not sure just hand wash, most of the time i just hand wash. Even using delicate wash on my washing machine it puts alot of strain on the seams. Sometimes the metal zippers and buttons might cause wear on other fabrics.

If you really prefer machine wash, set it to cold wash. Try put a big towel together with the jacket/pants to reduce wear from rubbing against impeller/drum. Make sure all the zips/buttons/velcro are all fasten before you put it into the washing machine. Do not spin dry.

Products i use for washing/cleaning:
    1. Nikwax Tech Wash- Forgot the price think about $25
    2. 303 Fabric and Vinyl Cleaner - $25
    3. Nikwax Leather Cleaner - $19 For leather gear
    4. ReviveX® Synthetic Fabric Cleaner - Never buy before
    5. Lion Floral Essence Delicate Laundry Detergent - $9.50 Cheapest safest alternative for light cleaning and odour removal. My mum use this to wash silk. Buy the anti bacterial version white bottle.

Maintain:

Always remember to let your gear dry before you store it. It not only prevent odour but make the materials last longer. After riding in the rain, just rinse the gear in water and hang it to air dry. Don't need wash you gear too often, once every few months is ok. I usually wash, re-waterproof my gear before rainy season comes.

Products i recommed for maintenance/waterproofing:
    1. 303 High Tech Fabric Guard - $25
    2. Nikwax TX.Direct Spray On - Forgot exact price
    3. ReviveX® Air Dry Waterproofing Spray - Never buy before

I don't recommed the wash-in waterproofing for biking gear, especially bretheable gear.

Tip:
    Always wash/clean before you treat your gear. I mostly use 303 High Tech Fabric Guard on my gear and wash them with Nikwax Tech Wash. Waterproofing dirty gear is just a waste of money because the chemical will not stay. After treating the gear always test it. For me i wear my raincoat and pants in the bathroom sit on the toilet bowl and spray shower to ensure there are no leaks. 303 High Tech Fabric Guard actually outperforms ReviveX and Nikwax waterproofing.

Riding Gloves Leather/Fabric

Cleaning/Maintain/Repairs:
    Depending on material can be cleaned with all of the products stated above. I recommend Lexol for leather and Nikwax Leather Cleaner. Can even use Footwear Cleaning Gel. If you really must wash you leather glove, i recommend soaking it briefly in Lion Floral Essence Delicate Laundry Detergent Antibacterial. Use a soft sponge to wash the outside use your hands to wash the inside. Normally i put my hands into the gloves several times when it soaking. Then rinse.

The important part for Leather gloves is how u dry it. Wear the gloves on your hands, with a towel squeeze your gloves gently let the water run out. Take off the gloves, and try maintain the shape of your hands. let it rest on the towel and air dry. When the gloves are nearly dry, meaning slightly damp. Recondition the leather with Nikwax Conditioner for Leather. If the leather already clean and dry you can use 303 High Tech Fabric Guard, make sure your leather gloves not Vinyl Coated. Another product you can use is Nikwax Glove Proof

Conclusion
    I use most of the above products on my bike gear and non bike gear. Seam sealing your bike cover when u first buy is also a very good idea. Cleaning the bike cover once a year and spraying 303 High Tech Fabric Guard on it also makes the bike cover last longer. My cheapo $25 bike cover from Ah Boy lasted me 3years with no leaks. Patching the holes and tears immeadiately when i notice them. I only just changed bike cover due to too many patch here and there, caused by cats jumping on my bike cover to scratch it.

When to clean your gear? When its dirty or when it starts holding water. Meaning when water soaks up too easily when it rains. Dirt on ger will prevent the water repellent to work properly, it also reduces the breathability of the material, causing you to feel stuffy and sweaty when wearing them.

Even my army boots and bags are treated the same way, hate it when get called up for reservist and go out field and end up with wet gear and feet.

Proper maintenace and care makes your gear last longer.

Where to buy the products:

Nikwax
    Adventure 21
    133, New Bridge Road,
    #02-03A, Chinatown Point
    Singapore 059413
    Tel: (+65) 6535 0232
    Fax: (+65) 6535 0678
    Business Hours:
    Mon-Sun 11:00am-8:00pm
    Accepts NETS, Credit Card and Cash
    http://www.adventure21.com.sg/

303 Products
    Advance Canvas Industries Pte Ltd:
    35 Kallang Place, Singapore 339163
    Tel: (65) 6294 5192
    Fax: (65) 6291 9392
    Email: adcanvas@adcanvas.com.sg
    Only accept Cash! Remember to take off your shoe before you enter the office on 2nd floor! Oh yah, they have small spray bottle sample size for sale. If you not sure or want to try other products 303 have can buy that. I'm going to try 303 Aerospace cleaner next, see how good it is degreasing the bike.

McNett (ReViVex & Seam Seal)
    WILDROSES, SIGG & BRIKO
    238 Thomson Road
    #01/72-73
    Novena Square
    Singapore 307683
    Tel: 65 6250 0583
    Opening Hours, 7 days a week
    11:00 to 20:00
    email: enquiries@thebigcountry.com
    Accepts NETS, Credit Cards, Cash.

Lexol
    ProMedUSA Pte Ltd
    Tel 65 6836-9665
    Fax 65 6836-6887
    371 Beach Road
    #03-32B Keypoint Bldg
    Singapore 199597
    I only ordered online with them, so i dunno what they accept at their office. They ship very fast by FedEx, $3 shipping same day delivery. I think should be able to get a other car accessories shop.

Amazing Goop & Shoe Goo

HomeFix
    Refer to their website for stores near you: http://www.home-fix.com/

SelfFix
    Refer to their website for stores near you: http://www.selffix.com/

LION ESSENCE DELICATE LAUNDRY DETERGENT
    Can purchase from most supermarkets, eg NTUC, Shop & Save, etc...

Other Resources:
    303 High Tech Fabric Guard Video

McNett Seam Sealing using the Seam Grip:

McNett Hole repair video:

Shoe Goo video:

Lexol Video:

Nikwax Video:

---== END ==---
    Last edited by cyben76; 15-01-2011 at 02:52 AM.

mmkbad
    wants to ride
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great info bro!
    Appreciate the detailed step-by-step instructions u give and the links of the products and the locations of where to get the products.

I recommend this be a sticky!

mmkbad
    wants to ride
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great info bro!
    Appreciate the detailed step-by-step instructions u give and the links of the products and the locations of where to get the products.

cyben76
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mmkbad View Post
    Great info bro!

Hey thanks, i added more tips and videos to the write up...

Lexanez
    loves Saber!
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Great stuffs. Hopefully after reading these, people would do something about their equipment instead of just complaining about how bad it becomes after several years.

After all, maintaining your equipment is just a couple of additional steps. Friendlier on the wallet too!

Thumbs up for your effort!

EDIT: Oh, might I add that, after a heavy downpour or a wash, don't ever leave leather out in the sun to dry.
    Last edited by Lexanez; 14-01-2011 at 11:47 PM.
    I'm a Tutor! Proud to be one!

cyben76
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lexanez View Post
    Great stuffs. Hopefully after reading these, people would do something about their equipment instead of just complaining about how bad it becomes after several years.

After all, maintaining your equipment is just a couple of additional steps. Friendlier on the wallet too!

Thumbs up for your effort!

EDIT: Oh, might I add that, after a heavy downpour or a wash, don't ever leave leather out in the sun to dry.

True true, I see alo of fellow bikers complaining.. Especially those saying, "buy so expensive gear for what. After few years also leak, tear, etc..."

If you don't really know how to take care, yes your gear after few years can throw away. Well taken care, some of the expensive/quality gear can outlast your bike...

Hmmm... I think i already stated to only let bike gear air dry. Maybe should state like what u said never dry under sun cos people might not understand what air dry means.

Edit: I read my post again, i did state never to dry leather under the sun.. hehehe I think u also miss out, its under Maintain.
    Last edited by cyben76; 15-01-2011 at 01:02 AM.

IdaaNdi
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for sharing TS... All the useful info needed to revitalize my raincoat and bike cover... So how do u seam seal certain raincoats with the inner netting blocking the seams?

cyben76
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IdaaNdi View Post
    Thanks for sharing TS... All the useful info needed to revitalize my raincoat and bike cover... So how do u seam seal certain raincoats with the inner netting blocking the seams?
    Normally I don't seal the inner seams. Just seal the external seams. The Seam Sure water base seam seal is virtually not noticeable when fully cured.

If you brave enough and want to seal inner seam. Slowly remove the stitching for the inner netting, don't remove all just the side you think would expose most of the seams. Then seam seal the inside seams. Once all cured, sew back the inner netting and seal the part you sew back. Best remove stitching of netting on the lower part of your raincoat, cause it's less likely to leak there. Even if it leaks your rainpants usually cover that part. If don't know how to sew send to tailor.
    Removing the stitch just use pen knife and carefully cut the threads.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    Last edited by cyben76; 16-01-2011 at 12:13 AM.

jino
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thnx for de info... dam useful!!
    ScienCe of WheelZ
    Last Ride-> SP = Siao People
    Current Ride-> KR= Kimochi Rider
    Next Ride->?

divisionX
    divisionX
    has no status.
    Edit

Dear All,

View our new products for motorcycle care and maintainence.

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums...=1#post6948197

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums...cycle-Products

Hyper87
    has no status.
    Class 2B
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mmkbad View Post
    Great info bro!

bro yr photo.. where did u get the reflective sticker ? i looking for it ah.

holugyi
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great information!!! thanks so much for sharing....

LaVsy
    What status?
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

McNett in novena square has close down. Any idea where can I get seam sealer?
    Hello! Anyone there?

Tachnicolour
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LaVsy View Post
    McNett in novena square has close down. Any idea where can I get seam sealer?
    I bought mine from the outdoors shop on lvl2 of Novena Velocity. Outdoor adventure or something. unit right at the top of the escalator. just last month.

LaVsy
    What status?
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

went today, shop is gone.
    Hello! Anyone there?

Tachnicolour
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

try wild roses then, same building. when i was there, they were out of seam grip, but had other products from the mcnett line. they did mention that seam grip was coming in over the next few weeks. alternatively, camper's corner at chinatown point may carry as well.

angkong
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks thanks!! appreciate the info given...

LaVsy
    What status?
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Outdoor Life
    238 Thomson Road #02-60/67
    Novena Square

for McNett products

i just brought seam sure 60ml for $14
    Hello! Anyone there?

phelan77
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For leather gear, use mink oil from BATA. Keeps the leather soft and supple

kenzie
    want CBR1000RR
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

where to buy cheap air filter cleaning kit?

seller_john
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for sharing

le_stann
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Initially tot this thread was for maintaining of motorbike gears.. And I was thinking huh really, how-to-maintain wor.. they are right inside.

Getting the KNL air filter cleaning kit from JPcycles.com in the States.
    K&N Recharger Filter Care Service Kit #400-862 USD$14.99.

Interested as well ? Product will be coming-in in late September.
    PM me if still interested and can wait.. no fussy buyer. Doing this as a service.

Quote Originally Posted by kenzie View Post
    where to buy cheap air filter cleaning kit?
    Doing everything DIY that I can now.. Judging by the way things are rite now , it is for the best..
    Makes you stronger and less dependent on bike shops.
    Encourage others to do likewise and help new riders identify fair deals online~ thus making direct seller to buyer purchases.
    Its the only way we can push the motorcycle industry in Singapore forward.

FLIPSTOPPER
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default where to buy SHoe goo

Anyone knows where to get the shoe goo? Couldnt find in those DIY store.

jemmo
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FLIPSTOPPER View Post
    Anyone knows where to get the shoe goo? Couldnt find in those DIY store.
    Dude sorry i am a few months late haha, but yes i found it at a skate shop in scape. Hope it helps! p.s it's on the ground floor and there is more than one skate type of shop so ask around.
    doh!

terbike
    has no status.
    L Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cool solutions!

rabbit_habits
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adventure21 got seam seal too.
    I get my waterproofing stuff from camper's conner at waterloo.
    Thanks for the info.
    V.useful

stoner
    is going KAWA~BANGA!!..
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Well Done! Great information and leads to where to get them!
    To Me....

It's not How fast you go... It's how FAR you Travel...

It's the Rider! Not the Bike!

Shiner
    is back after a break
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great thread! And Nikwax rocks!

Shiner
    is back after a break
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry for the 2nd post, but i use Nikwax techwash on my Goretex gear. It really does clean well, but remember to rinse well too. Otherwise there will be white stains on it

Lexanez
    loves Saber!
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mm, I wonder. How bout Synthetic leather?

O'Ren
    writes bloody long posts. Just skip'em.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Great thread thanks a lot cyben!!

I have a question about repairs: how do you seal a scratch or hole in your raincoat or rainpants? (taichi) something the size of a 5 cents coin.

Is there some sort of waterproof patch you can buy and glue from the inside? Anyone repaired his rain gear before ?

Also, what do you guys use to maintain nubuck boots? Any Kiwi product will do or is there something more appropriate? EDIT: just watched the videos, Nikwax seems to have nubuck products

Absolutely agree on maintaining the riding gear, you can get your money back in longevity, and even if like me you're someone who tends to make their gear suffer, it will still hold up when taken care of regularly
    Last edited by O'Ren; 26-04-2012 at 05:03 PM.
    Pulsarians Singapore on Facebook:
    The Page: http://fb.me/SingaporePulsarians For general news and info
    The Group: http://fb.me/groups/pulsarianssg/ For all the interaction
    between Pulsarians, maintenance tips, accessories, trips & meet-ups and of course live answers to all your questions !

Tachnicolour
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by O'Ren View Post

I have a question about repairs: how do you seal a scratch or hole in your raincoat or rainpants? (taichi) something the size of a 5 cents coin.

Is there some sort of waterproof patch you can buy and glue from the inside? Anyone repaired his rain gear before ?

Also, what do you guys use to maintain nubuck boots? Any Kiwi product will do or is there something more appropriate? EDIT: just watched the videos, Nikwax seems to have nubuck products

Absolutely agree on maintaining the riding gear, you can get your money back in longevity, and even if like me you're someone who tends to make their gear suffer, it will still hold up when taken care of regularly
    Hole repair : somewhere down the page

http://www.mcnett-outdoor.com/Repair...rwear/219.aspx

No need for tenacious tape. Garden variety sticky tape works to hold it together before applying the seam grip. Did it for my rst rain pants. Removed stitching for inner liner then patched from the inside. Works.

O'Ren
    writes bloody long posts. Just skip'em.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tachnicolour View Post
    Hole repair : somewhere down the page

http://www.mcnett-outdoor.com/Repair...rwear/219.aspx

No need for tenacious tape. Garden variety sticky tape works to hold it together before applying the seam grip. Did it for my rst rain pants. Removed stitching for inner liner then patched from the inside. Works.
    Thanks for the tip Tachnicolour, but the holes I need to fix are a bit bigger than just seams or needle holes. Some of the pant's fabric is missing so I guess I would need some sort of patch no ?
    Pulsarians Singapore on Facebook:
    The Page: http://fb.me/SingaporePulsarians For general news and info
    The Group: http://fb.me/groups/pulsarianssg/ For all the interaction
    between Pulsarians, maintenance tips, accessories, trips & meet-ups and of course live answers to all your questions !

Lexanez
    loves Saber!
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by O'Ren View Post

Yup, No kiwi though, not recommended. Leather or something else? Either way, I'm using Nikwax footwear cleaning gel to clean the synthetic leather on my Roam boots.

tiku
    has no status.
    Class 2A
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i gt to see this thread too late that my gortex starts to leak water... now the extra cloth covering the stitching drop off liao.. wat glue can i buy to glue it buy? or i jus tear it out and use Seam Grip? or Aquaseal Urethane Repair Adhesive & Sealant... but Aquaseal Urethane Repair Adhesive & Sealant din mentioned anything bout gluing part.. anybody can advise?
    Last edited by tiku; 27-04-2012 at 11:57 AM.
    WTS givi e16 smile box, with led @$20

interested party , do PM me..

Koening
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the awesome guide!

niteblade
    likes fast cars and girls
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tiku View Post
    i gt to see this thread too late that my gortex starts to leak water... now the extra cloth covering the stitching drop off liao.. wat glue can i buy to glue it buy? or i jus tear it out and use Seam Grip? or Aquaseal Urethane Repair Adhesive & Sealant... but Aquaseal Urethane Repair Adhesive & Sealant din mentioned anything bout gluing part.. anybody can advise?
    Have the same question... do we tear our the seam tape totally and apply seam grip?? or reuse the seam tape with seam grip?
    memento mori

NSR150SP
    RVF400
    CBR600F4i
    CBR600RR

ashernal04
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Excellent read!

yinghai
    has no status.
    TeePee
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually most goretex seam are iron on seam.. you could just iron the seam and it will stick again... but i like to use araldite to fix it... permanent fix..

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 4
    my two babes..

hot babes...

Miatasg
    has no status.
    P Plate
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how to clean helmet inner liner?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

rossi_hayabusa
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great read up.. did not know all this product exists in Singapore! Better late then never!

dany
    has no status.
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guys, where do i find the seam sealant in sg? Any idea? Thanks.
    in order to finish 1st, first you got to finish ...
    kr '02, 125z '03, kr '03, gilera '05, spark '06, drz '07, wave '08, 125z '09, superfour spec3 '11, drz400sm '11